PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Spring Saplings - 2018 Apr 6 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
04-06-18, 08:22 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43464

Event Schedule
Event is live from April 6 at 11:30am PT.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

Event Boost
Pretty Pot - collect 20 points / 2.5 hrs (175 gems)
Terrific Topiary - collect 60 points / 2.5 hrs (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to game levels.

50 points - Mystery box
350 points - Wisteeria (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1506086&viewfull=1#post1506086)
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - Magnolia tile
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - Spring Thawbin (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1465302&viewfull=1#post1465302)
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,200 points - Enchanted Gardens (Post #46 in Main Guide)
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,400 points - Poppy Puppy (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454075&viewfull=1#post1454075)
6,000 points - Dogwood (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1506084&viewfull=1#post1506084)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43484

Rank Prizes
1st - Magnolia Mare (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1506085&viewfull=1#post1506085), Gold Sapling trophy
2nd - Magnolia Mare (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1506085&viewfull=1#post1506085), Silver Sapling trophy
3rd - Bronze Sapling trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 35,000 coins, 20,000 food, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 25,000 coins, 15,000 food
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals
Bullish on Blossoms
Goal 1
Hatch a Wisteeria
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2
Raise Wisteeria to level 3
REWARD: 300 leaderboard point

Goal 3
Raise Wisteeria to level 12
REWARD: 400 leaderboard point

Please help to post creatures information. Thanks.

Egg: Wisteeria (8 hours hatching and evolving)
*Food Schedule D*

Dogwood:
Magnolia Mare

Here is the egg 15h

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Rynetory2
04-06-18, 08:28 AM
Great to see that the points for the milestones prizes have been lowered. :)

Penguin2016
04-06-18, 08:47 AM
I just got this pop up in my game! I’m excited for this one!! :o

G4OU812
04-06-18, 09:47 AM
Come on 1:30 pm CST, I have a Sapphire Pony ready in Evolution Flower and I need it for the Cedar Waxwing tournament right now, lol. I want the points for the Leaderboard!

Funner52
04-06-18, 10:57 AM
Ahh...leaderboard events. Hope I don't have to spend too much money for these
Later edit: AHHHH THEYRE CATCHING UP!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL TRY HARD BUT ONLY END UP WITH A FEW COINS I COULD HAVE GOTTEN FROM WATCHING AN ADD!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY???!!!
Later edit (yes again ok?):fourth... WOW......first place is near 2 thousand..... how will I catch up..... ?

heyyou0123
04-06-18, 11:25 AM
So happy this time no bird but bull, cute flower purple bull hihihi

littelprince0313
04-06-18, 11:37 AM
So only 7 days instead of ten and 6000 points - means only 100+ points more than normally per day - great really starting to hate everything in this game

miadoubled
04-06-18, 12:07 PM
Why does it say this one was supposed to be out 4/13 on the petal peryton goal

Sakrysta
04-06-18, 12:44 PM
I LOVE the Wisteeria!!! AND it's the first milestone animal!!! AANNDD it's a Spring/Dark combo!!!!!

Just this animal by itself makes me happy about this Leaderboard. But there's also the Spring Thawbin which I never got on any of my accounts. And there's an Enchanted Gardens habitat which is GORGEOUS AND holds Spring animals. The Poppy Puppy I have on one account but not the other two. The Dogwood is quite adorable and is ANOTHER Spring/Dark. And then the Magnolia Mare is just SO LOVELY.

Yeah, I'm going to work hard for this one. I might need to invest in an android double to go to work for me. LOL

On another note, there are at least two players in one of my accounts doing the high boost already. Folks, save it for the end! Trust me! Unless you're planning to just throw money at this game for no reason, don't show your hand early! If I end up with stupid wasteful opponents this event I'm going to be really bummed.

Callyvitale19
04-06-18, 01:26 PM
Why does it say this one was supposed to be out 4/13 on the petal peryton goalI know it's confusing but it will end on 4/13 but I thought the same thing that it would be available on 4/13 and that hornflower would be available 4/6. They messed up I guess

heyyou0123
04-06-18, 02:23 PM
I know it's confusing but it will end on 4/13 but I thought the same thing that it would be available on 4/13 and that hornflower would be available 4/6. They messed up I guess yep i was thinking be 4 event coming the horse/ unicorn always final prize so i know it will be up next tale event, and water dog will be in community event then

Penguin2016
04-06-18, 03:00 PM
So only 7 days instead of ten and 6000 points - means only 100+ points more than normally per day - great really starting to hate everything in this game

Yep, I noticed that. Happily, these events can often be completed with no gems, providing you get lucky on the wheel.

One of my competitors is already well over 5,000 points :(

nativeelfstar
04-06-18, 05:27 PM
Is it really necessary to be at 8,000+ points already?

cherrycastleorchard
04-06-18, 11:55 PM
In the first 20 minutes and someone has over 2000 points, I wonder if they can keep that up. Lol

josep0217
04-07-18, 07:50 AM
Goals
Bullish on Blossoms
Goal 1
Hatch a Wisteeria
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2
Raise Wisteeria to level 3
REWARD : 300 leaderboard point

Goal 3
Raise Wisteeria to level 12
REWARD: 400 leaderboard point

AppieP
04-07-18, 08:13 AM
Egg: Wisteeria (8 hours hatching and evolving)
*Food Schedule D*

Callyvitale19
04-07-18, 09:52 AM
I haven't won a LB in a long time yet S8 keeps putting me in high spending groups. I'm tired of coming in 3rd, 4th or 5th. Hopefully I will, with a little luck and a lot of food and gems I may, I may actually win one. We know that LB's are a money maker for S8.

lennumber1
04-07-18, 11:50 AM
There should be 2 LB events. One event where a player can use gems and one where a player can’t use gems. Make each player decide which event they will do at the beginning. I can’t compete fairly where every group I’m in I have to compete with at least half the group I’m in is using gems by the hundreds. By the time the LB loads for me I have 5-6 players that are over 1500 points already. Give all players a chance to occasionally win more then a few coins.

Alohatami
04-07-18, 03:23 PM
The spinning wheel doesn't like me this time. I've only hit the wooden chest a couple of times, and only for 25 pts. Instead it has given me two ponds, some other decoration (flowers?) and coins. I wish they'd take coins off the wheel for higher level players. Coins are so useless at this point, I hardly ever collect from my habitats anymore.

Alohatami
04-09-18, 10:05 AM
OMG, the Wisteeria is huge! Glad I stuck him in my Fairy Forest habitat - he blends in really well with the trees and doesn't stick out quite so much. 🤣

Penguin2016
04-09-18, 06:55 PM
OMG, the Wisteeria is huge! Glad I stuck him in my Fairy Forest habitat - he blends in really well with the trees and doesn't stick out quite so much. ��

You’re right, he takes up like half of the habitat!! At least he’s cute and pretty:)

Sasaris
04-09-18, 08:25 PM
Could anyone to help me? I won the 8th goal of Leader board but the price of Enchanted Gardens still not showing in my store and still didn't received the bonus of 750 flowers

Rynetory2
04-09-18, 08:34 PM
Could anyone to help me? I won the 8th goal of Leader board but the price of Enchanted Gardens still not showing in my store and still didn't received the bonus of 750 flowers

Restart your device and check your storage under "All" again. This should solved it. Congrats and welcome to the forum! :)

Sasaris
04-09-18, 08:52 PM
Hi to all and thanks a lot for your respond Rynetory2. I don't know to much about forums but I am happy for trying to contact with me to help to me to resolved my problem. I did restarts several times but still nothing.

Sasaris
04-09-18, 09:35 PM
Hi friend the problem resolved. Thanks a lot. How can post some photo?

Rynetory2
04-10-18, 07:39 AM
Glad to hear that.

See here to navigate yourself on the Fantasy forum. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1452177&viewfull=1#post1452177

How To A Post Photo On The Forum (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum)

Funner52
04-10-18, 02:38 PM
I agree bc I have almost 40M coins... now what will I do with them

Phoenix406
04-10-18, 06:12 PM
I am loving my Wisteeria! I just wish that I could have a baby one as well as an adult one. I guess if I wanted to fork over 1200 gems, I could!

As for using boosts early instead of waiting until later, when you get points for hatching and raising an animal that comes very early in the leaderboard event, it does make sense to use boosts at that time. Can't really help that it comes too early in the event.

miadoubled
04-10-18, 06:59 PM
You’re right, he takes up like half of the habitat!! At least he’s cute and pretty:)
The same thing last yr with poppy hopper! I put them together.. but youre right at least hes cute!

G4OU812
04-11-18, 05:38 PM
The same thing last yr with poppy hopper! I put them together.. but youre right at least hes cute!

I'll send you a PM regarding the Cedar Waxwing post you made in the tournament thread.

Just got the Poppy Puppy and I'm at 5420 points with 1 day 18 hours left (subtract 8 hours to sleep) Not sure if I'll make it to 6000 unless I start spending gems on boosts. Seems quite a climb to get there without boosts as I've calculated what I have left to get there.

heyyou0123
04-12-18, 09:19 AM
Hi guys, goodluck tomorrow:) i always been in difficult groups, same people plus new money spending people. Hope my game run fast and smooth enough so i can catch up how people run

Callyvitale19
04-12-18, 09:23 AM
I agree bc I have almost 40M coins... now what will I do with themI have no idea what to do with 40 million but I have over one BILLION and have no idea why there is so much coins available and no way to trade them for stuff I need like, food would be nice to be able to buy some. I don't even clean my forest everyday.

heyyou0123
04-12-18, 10:22 AM
I have no idea what to do with 40 million but I have over one BILLION and have no idea why there is so much coins available and no way to trade them for stuff I need like, food would be nice to be able to buy some. I don't even clean my forest everyday.
I wish i have alot of coins like billions coins like u guys, I don’t event have enough to buy crystals habitats and plants expansive apples, normally i save them for plant apple during event and buy eggs for leaderboard, never enough

Sakrysta
04-12-18, 11:15 AM
I wish i have alot of coins like billions coins like u guys, I don’t event have enough to buy crystals habitats and plants expansive apples, normally i save them for plant apple during event and buy eggs for leaderboard, never enough

The coin shortage should stop being an issue once you reach level 90 or so. Meantime, farming basic element animals (which can be purchased for coins) is one of the easiest ways to add to your coin bank. They earn fairly well, are cheap to purchase & level up, and quick to hatch & house. When you need the space for something else, they're easy to sell off. Fill your forest with as many as you can find room for and it'll help.

Another possible way to help your account balance is to be sure to visit your neighbors as much as you can - especially other low-level players who can use the coins. Each friend who visits and taps all 6 stars gives you 1500 coins. By visiting them, you encourage them to return the favor, and those 1500s add up! Make sure you collect often, as once someone has tapped a habitat, no one else can do it until you've collected your bonus.

Oh, and take advantage of the Battlegrounds. Each win there gives you something you can use - usually coins & food, with occasional gems or extra energy for battles.

----

As far as this event is concerned, I pretty much ignored it. I knew we'd have a Leaderboard coming up soon, and I wanted to save my food stores & animal evolutions for that.

I would highly suggest to the game organizers that if they intend to continue with the new Forest Party format & prize levels, they should move this event to the end of the month. I think most people would be much more likely to spend gems to finish it if they had already successfully completed other events earlier in the month. When this is the first event I encounter, I give up on any chance of earning the month's goal animals. On three accounts, I have only once earned a goal animal, and I still don't know how that happened.

I just resign myself to knowing I won't ever earn these animals because I don't spend money on gems. But if I already had earned the tokens from the milestones in a Leaderboard, the chapters in a Storybook, and somehow managed to breed the token animals and win the tournaments and all that stuff, and THEN got to a Forest Party, being so very close just might make me change my mind.

Callyvitale19
04-12-18, 01:18 PM
Just once I wish I could get into a LB group that doesn't have so many big spenders. Last LB the 1st and 2nd pl bought boosts everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Even if they only gained a few 100 pts ea time. If anyone bought a boost they would also buy one. It wasnt even worth trying. I had a LB a few months ago that in the last 30 minutes a player went from 8k to 25k. It probably costs more in gems then it would cost to buy the animal. I guess it was all about the win. I thought maybe this LB would be lucky but I doubt it. Last year if I wanted a top LB prize I would get it but 12 months make a big difference. Heck 12 months ago completing a LB was easier and finishing a WE was a given. Things have definitely changed over time. Rant over. Good luck all

AppieP
04-13-18, 12:42 AM
Dogwood:

43653p

sgr1953
04-13-18, 12:06 PM
Just once I wish I could get into a LB group that doesn't have so many big spenders. Last LB the 1st and 2nd pl bought boosts everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Even if they only gained a few 100 pts ea time. If anyone bought a boost they would also buy one. It wasnt even worth trying. I had a LB a few months ago that in the last 30 minutes a player went from 8k to 25k. It probably costs more in gems then it would cost to buy the animal. I guess it was all about the win. I thought maybe this LB would be lucky but I doubt it. Last year if I wanted a top LB prize I would get it but 12 months make a big difference. Heck 12 months ago completing a LB was easier and finishing a WE was a given. Things have definitely changed over time. Rant over. Good luck all

Totally agree! The winner of this event had 50,000+ points. Made all milestones on the first day. Can’t imagine how many gems �� that cost. These new big spenders are out of my league. Guess I have to resign myself to a new reality!

JustKay
04-13-18, 01:35 PM
Only had a bronze Sakura bonsai trophy so this LB I was aiming for the bronze trophy since they are all the same shape and size. I super impose trophies to make a creative display. Now I have a cute little fruit hanging from my Sakura tree, and a giant acorn coming off this tiny sapling :D

Phoenix406
04-13-18, 02:05 PM
Totally agree! The winner of this event had 50,000+ points. Made all milestones on the first day. Can’t imagine how many gems �� that cost. These new big spenders are out of my league. Guess I have to resign myself to a new reality!

Me, too! :(

Callyvitale19
04-13-18, 02:36 PM
Totally agree! The winner of this event had 50,000+ points. Made all milestones on the first day. Can’t imagine how many gems �� that cost. These new big spenders are out of my league. Guess I have to resign myself to a new reality!my biggest problem is with the snipers, they wait till last 20 or 30 minutes and go crazy. One player went from 8k to over 25k. It's got to be expensive and I think they don't care if it costs more than the animal in the shop. I've heard people who were in 1st or 2nd pl get upset because they thought they won only to find out they came in 3rd. This is a game, it's suppose to be fun. I've been taking screen shots for the past 5 LB's so I'll know if I see them again I'll be prepared. I hope those that really wanted the win got it.

JustKay
04-13-18, 07:20 PM
my biggest problem is with the snipers, they wait till last 20 or 30 minutes and go crazy. One player went from 8k to over 25k. It's got to be expensive and I think they don't care if it costs more than the animal in the shop. I've heard people who were in 1st or 2nd pl get upset because they thought they won only to find out they came in 3rd. This is a game, it's suppose to be fun. I've been taking screen shots for the past 5 LB's so I'll know if I see them again I'll be prepared. I hope those that really wanted the win got it.

It's not the animal they are buying, it's the trophy. It's a limited time item that you'll never get a chance to get again. Snipers are actually trying to minimise their spend. They are trying to avoid having a long protracted expensive spending battle by attacking when there is limited opportunity to retaliate. Some are pretty big spenders too, and they are actually trying to avoid drawing other players into an expensive cycle they can't possibly win. I've seen all kinds in the LB that I've played in. Frankly if ur not there in the last 30 minutes guarding ur prize, then u don't want/need it as badly as someone who is

Rynetory2
04-13-18, 07:42 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Rynetory2
04-13-18, 07:43 PM
Congratulations to all winners!! :D

Can someone help to post the breeding time and/or egg of the Magnolia Mare?

misty00800
04-13-18, 08:37 PM
Magnolia Mare hatching time is 15h

Rynetory2
04-13-18, 08:49 PM
Thanks for your help. :)

cherrycastleorchard
04-13-18, 11:48 PM
It's not the animal they are buying, it's the trophy. It's a limited time item that you'll never get a chance to get again. Snipers are actually trying to minimise their spend. They are trying to avoid having a long protracted expensive spending battle by attacking when there is limited opportunity to retaliate. Some are pretty big spenders too, and they are actually trying to avoid drawing other players into an expensive cycle they can't possibly win. I've seen all kinds in the LB that I've played in. Frankly if ur not there in the last 30 minutes guarding ur prize, then u don't want/need it as badly as someone who is

It is a bit hard for some to be there in the end when it is at 4am. I would love to win, but get too tired.

Alohatami
04-14-18, 01:49 AM
I came in third, but that's what I wanted. The mare was pretty, but I need expansion runes more than I need another creature. I currently have 24 creatures in storage that I don't yet have room for. And none of the creatures in my forest are duplicates. It takes so long to earn runes!

Callyvitale19
04-14-18, 09:54 AM
It's not the animal they are buying, it's the trophy. It's a limited time item that you'll never get a chance to get again. Snipers are actually trying to minimise their spend. They are trying to avoid having a long protracted expensive spending battle by attacking when there is limited opportunity to retaliate. Some are pretty big spenders too, and they are actually trying to avoid drawing other players into an expensive cycle they can't possibly win. I've seen all kinds in the LB that I've played in. Frankly if ur not there in the last 30 minutes guarding ur prize, then u don't want/need it as badly as someone who isthe trophy may be limited but the animal will show up sometime in the future. When i go after a LB it's because of the animal and element I want certainly not for a deco I have no room for. I have my share of gold and silver trophys sitting in storage. If I want an animal it's no secret I usually try to stay in the top 3 during the whole event. I realize that we all have our different strategies but I just think snipers are sneaky. It's just my opinion.

JustKay
04-15-18, 05:15 AM
It is a bit hard for some to be there in the end when it is at 4am. I would love to win, but get too tired.

Yes, working ones life around a game is always difficult. Me personally, I think a 4am finish would be better than a 4pm finish. I work full time so getting up crazy early is easier than sneaking out of work for half an hour, and not getting caught out.

Callyvitale19
04-15-18, 07:55 AM
Yes, working ones life around a game is always difficult. Me personally, I think a 4am finish would be better than a 4pm finish. I work full time so getting up crazy early is easier than sneaking out of work for half an hour, and not getting caught out.congratz JustKay on all your wins. It's quite impressive.

mysticalfairy320
04-16-18, 01:45 PM
Here is the egg 15h

Rynetory2
04-16-18, 09:25 PM
Here is the egg 15h

Thank you. Added to Post 1.

mysticalfairy320
04-16-18, 09:53 PM
Welcome! :)

Sakrysta
04-17-18, 05:14 AM
Leaderboards are my favorite event, and I liked all the animals & the habitat.

heyyou0123
04-17-18, 01:56 PM
Don’t know the game or my phone after updated, keep refreshing many times last fews minutes but still after leaderboard end they update I surprised some one new from bottom jump up catch n steal our place,

Callyvitale19
04-22-18, 10:48 AM
Don?t know the game or my phone after updated, keep refreshing many times last fews minutes but still after leaderboard end they update I surprised some one new from bottom jump up catch n steal our place,I know, it's frustrating. Good luck next time and hopefully you'll end up in a group without any "snipers" to take the prize in the end from you.

Rynetory2
04-23-18, 08:04 PM
Hey guys,

This thread has gone off topic earlier. Please use the Speculations thread for discussion before the event thread is up.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98803-Speculations-on-Updates-Discussion-Thread

Off topic posts have been moved to new event thread.
LEADERBOARD: Pretty Puddles - 2018 Apr 24 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104195-LEADERBOARD-Pretty-Puddles-2018-Apr-24)

Rynetory2
04-23-18, 08:12 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.