PDA

View Full Version : Very bored and discouraged plus a question

FieldsLikeB
04-01-18, 11:04 PM
I'm level 175, I have 564 uniaque dragons with breeding most but not all and lots of event and arena dragons

However this LB plus a second dry month on a mining dragon I have it again. Plus I have the arena dragon which really angers me. I have all the LB dragons so nothing for me there either, cuz I don't want the top two I have conserve space. so it's like log on only to deliver gold and plant food.

But I promised myself I would keep at this game until I breed Archangel so advice on the one dragon I've wanted for two plus years? I've bred countless Siamese.

Really hope this recycling stops I'd love to have a reason to stay until I max out in levels.

I may just be feeling depressed hey, but this game used to be all positive for me and hasn't been for months.

AwesomeChefDad
04-03-18, 03:21 PM
I'm level 175, I have 564 uniaque dragons with breeding most but not all and lots of event and arena dragons

However this LB plus a second dry month on a mining dragon I have it again. Plus I have the arena dragon which really angers me. I have all the LB dragons so nothing for me there either, cuz I don't want the top two I have conserve space. so it's like log on only to deliver gold and plant food.

But I promised myself I would keep at this game until I breed Archangel so advice on the one dragon I've wanted for two plus years? I've bred countless Siamese.

Really hope this recycling stops I'd love to have a reason to stay until I max out in levels.

I may just be feeling depressed hey, but this game used to be all positive for me and hasn't been for months.

I feel for your boredom about the game, it is not as fun as it used to be and breeding something specific is near impossible. Ive been trying for a silly Helios for I think 6 plus months and nothing...what is that about? They have decided to cloud every combination with multiple commons and there are so many new dragons all the time it becomes more likely to hit the lotto than to get the dragon you are targeting.

Maybe for new players the game is more fun but now I am like you, collect the gold and plant food. I have 4 Million food and 16k gold and yet I am not spending it because it takes so much to earn it I dont feel like wasting months of my work for no good reason.

At some point I'll quit playing so regularly and maybe just visit once a day to gold gift my good neighbors and thats it.

JustKay
04-03-18, 06:52 PM
I feel for your boredom about the game, it is not as fun as it used to be and breeding something specific is near impossible. Ive been trying for a silly Helios for I think 6 plus months and nothing...what is that about? They have decided to cloud every combination with multiple commons and there are so many new dragons all the time it becomes more likely to hit the lotto than to get the dragon you are targeting.

Maybe for new players the game is more fun but now I am like you, collect the gold and plant food. I have 4 Million food and 16k gold and yet I am not spending it because it takes so much to earn it I dont feel like wasting months of my work for no good reason.

At some point I'll quit playing so regularly and maybe just visit once a day to gold gift my good neighbors and thats it.

I feel your frustrations. I was there once a few years back. I transitioned to just collecting gold and eventually actually stopped playing the game for a few months, but ended up coming back. It's tough seeing all the dragons you missed on everybody else's islands. It was leaderboards that really sucked me back in. Even now I'm really just driven by collecting trophies and seeing how long my winning run can go for. I'm pretty sure there are others with longer (perfect) winning streaks already, but after some 5 years dedicated to this game, I feel like I gotta see this streak through to the end. That's not a bad achievement for someone who's never bought gold. I almost feel like it's proof to all those new players that DS is a balanced game where hard work does get rewarded.

In the last LB I managed to use up some 3.5 million food to finally feed up my UR champions and diamond hybrids up to 15. I still have several million food saved up am still a contender in LB, but I can feel the end of my streak is in sight. I already have enough trophies today to write a special message on my island for when that time comes :D

I guess that's doesn't really help you two... but that's kinda my feelings on the topic. For both of you, the new codex should make finally getting those dragons you've always wanted within reach... although I'm not sure it's the same sense of accomplishment getting them that way. Some days I feel like I want to get that dragon through breeding or not at all. I had a happy moment recently when I finally managed to breed a Ceasar when I had been trying on and off since way back when the Quest outpost first came out and you needed to quest a Ceasar dragon to get parts to make your Samurai dragon. I have a Samurai dragon now in storage too from one of the events too. I was happy for a chance, but now I don't feel so motivated to hatch it since it's not quite the same a questing and crafting it.

AnnirasSweets
04-03-18, 09:20 PM
I've been playing since the start of DS and I've gone through periods where I completely lose interest and quit playing for a few months. Everyone plays for their own reasons so everyone loses interest for different reasons. Some players like to focus on their displays and lose interest when they can't expand fast enough, others like to level up every dragon to 15 and get irritated when feeding costs are too high.

I play solely to collect dragons and am trying to get one of every single dragon available, so I make myself complete each and every event/tournament regardless if I want to (I usually don't). I also have no need for any of the repeats on offer but I'm still pushing through since I need the prize materials (birthday boxes, etc) to craft the new monthly dragons.

If you aren't interested in the current events in the game I'd suggest trying to come up with your own goals to meet that will keep you logging in. For example, you could try to reach a certain food level or max out your coins, it can be anything. If you find a part of the game you that does interest you and focus on that, perhaps you'll find yourself enjoying it once more.

As for Archangel, Every player has one dragon they find impossible to breed, for me it is Triple Rainbow. I constantly have a pair breeding for it but it's been years of no luck. It's ridiculous and frustrating but there's literally nothing that we can do but breed, breed and breed some more.

I hope this was at least a little helpful. Whatever you end up doing, I hope you find your gaming joy again!

The1stCaretaker
04-08-18, 02:46 PM
I'm only mainly discouraged with lack of space. It's been this way for years. Please more mining land and upgrades for already purchased habitats so they can hold 5 dragons. Is it really that hard to make upgrades to more habitats so we can place the dragons we have earned/bought

keshiaxo
04-09-18, 12:31 AM
I'm what you'd probably call a newbie, since I've only been playing for a few months. I'm now at level 61 with 80 unique dragons, with no repeats as I trade them in. Like AnnirasSweets I'm here to collect Dragons though I must say it does become very frustrating when I try to breed - say for example, atm, Neo Pixie and I can't no matter what combos I use. Worse when the tournaments suck and I can't finish them.

So far I've won 2 LBs and that's basically because I didn't have any of the dragons available so to me it's an accomplishment but I feel the game is geard - maybe I'm wrong, to players with the ability to spend a lot of money to purchase gold/food to then purchase habitats/finish expansions/purchase non-breedable dragons.

I can see myself losing interest in the game if it becomes too $$$ for me

Xyn25
04-09-18, 06:01 AM
I'd say if you're not feeling it, just take a break from the game. Happened to me last year, checking in felt like a chore and I realized a game should be fun, so I just stopped playing for a while. Came back a couple months ago when I felt the itch to play again.