PDA

View Full Version : No Sound Notifications at Night on Apple Device(s)

FijneAvond
03-31-18, 07:12 AM
I am having issues with night time sound notifications on ALL of my games for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

I have been in contact with Apple (multiple times) and they have said it is not an issue with my device(s).
No, I do not have the "Do Not Disturb" activated and yet I do not receive any sound notifications between 10pm - 9am EST
I try one action on one device only, then wait through the night to see if it has fixed any sound issues...
if the issues were not resolved then I try the next action for the next day...

Yes, my notifications are on for BOTH the individual games as well as the settings for each of the devices
Yes, my sounds are on (high volume at that)
Yes, I have reset my devices
Yes, I have backed up and restored to factory settings my devices
Yes, I have deleted the apps and reinstalled them on my devices

I see in the forum notes "if I'm having issues with this to contact support@teamlava.com"however, I receive an instant email back saying this email is no longer supported... so I am reaching out here.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it with Apple products only?
iOS 5.1.1, iOS 9.3.5, iOS 11.2.6 and new version iOS 11.3
Restaurant Game Version: 1.8.1
Bakery Game Version: 1.8.1

I have Apple 5 devices and the issue is on all 5 devices
Can you please assist me with this issue

I am constantly collecting flies in the morning since there are no night time sound notifications that the food is ready
... but 9am rolls around ... and sound notifications ARE activated and stay activated until 10pm ...

Kind regards, Marianne

Rynetory2
03-31-18, 07:50 AM
I'll try to find out more for your issue.

For your information, Storm8 support has switched from email to web request. See here.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95187-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contact-Storm8-Support-via-Form

FijneAvond
03-31-18, 08:18 AM
Thank you

FijneAvond
04-02-18, 10:36 AM
per your attached link
I completed the form twice ... once for Bakery and once for Restaurant ... and both of the emails came back within minutes ... Ticket Closed

Rynetory2
04-02-18, 08:09 PM
per your attached link
I completed the form twice ... once for Bakery and once for Restaurant ... and both of the emails came back within minutes ... Ticket Closed

I'm sorry there's limited support for these games. We'll help you on forum. They have checked and some questions for you.

Can you check if you have your Do Not Disturb scheduled even though it is not turned on?
Do you plug in your devices at night? It's possible that the device's audio is being hijacked by a 3rd party device.

FijneAvond
04-03-18, 07:41 AM
My do not disturb is not activated
To trick the system ... I changed the "scheduled time" to reflect only 1 minute ... 4:00 am to 4:01 am
so at the most I would be shut down for 1 minute only

? how would it be possible to be hijacked by a 3rd party device?
... let alone ... on all 5 of my devices?

I want to help any way I can. I will gladly provide as much information to you as possible since this is a real bother to me.

I have turned ON notifications for other games that are not Storm8 related ... and I have received notifications with sounds after 10 pm
but still nothing with any of the Storm8 games
Bakery, Restaurant, Dragon, I think y'all are the "mania" games too ... so Candy Mania, Jewel mania ... etc ... Banners yes, sound no

if you want to private message for instant replies, I will gladly do that also.

Kind regards, Marianne

Rynetory2
04-03-18, 09:06 AM
Thanks for your effort and update. I've let them know.

FijneAvond
04-03-18, 09:40 AM
Is there a better way for me to know if you have replied?
I am not getting notifications on here when you post...
can you fix that so I don't have to keep logging in and refreshing page?

Rynetory2
04-04-18, 08:43 PM
You can try subscribing to the thread and see if it works better for you. Click on Thread Tools / Subscribe to this thread in the Thread toolbar above.

FijneAvond
04-07-18, 06:42 AM
I am still having this issue.
I am on the phone with Apple every day to which they are eager to also try to get these issues resolved.
My ticket has been escalated to a supervisor and he and I are now working with Apple Engineers.
Do you have any input that I can communicate with them?

I have read everything written above to them as we continue to troubleshoot issues.
Unfortunately, since this is a nighttime issue, we can only try a new action but then I must wait through the night to see if it did or did not work.

I saw there was a restaurant update so I did update only one of my devices (as a test) to 1.8.2 however, that did not fix this issues either.

Are you aware of anyone else having this issue?
I do not talk with other game players so I have not asked any of them.

Any assistance would be appreciated so that I can pass it along to Apple support.

Kind regards, Marianne

Rynetory2
04-07-18, 07:19 AM
Your feedback have been passed to the team for them to check. I've just passed along your latest post. Thanks for your update. Will post as soon as I get more information on this.

FijneAvond
04-09-18, 07:57 AM
Apple and I are at a complete loss.

I speak on the phone with Apple supervisors and engineers trying to resolve this issue but after 2 weeks of troubleshooting, I'm ****ing myself for lack of sleep trying to test all the theories.

Apple stated that it IS NOT their software nor is it any of my devices hardware.

They have suggested I reach out to you again, Storm 8, to see if you have anything you can help add to this resolution.

They were a bit shocked that I have tried to communicate with you - the developer - so many times and yet there are no updates given to me for trying to address this situation.

I asked if they - Apple engineers - were able to contact you - Storm 8 - directly in this matter but they stated that was not within their protocol and that it was up to each developer to comply with compatibility to the platform.

They have stated the next steps are to simply DELETE all of my Storm 8 games :mad::mad::confused::mad:

I have been playing since 2011 and would really prefer not to do this step.

Is there any way to get more information from you that "I will pass this on"?

Next Post will reflect my email information with Apple for the aspects of troubleshooting

FijneAvond
04-09-18, 08:04 AM
EMAILS with APPLE Senior Supervisors and Engineers:

As I was asked to do yesterday, Yes, I changed my notification banners from Temporary to Persistent on 3 of my 5 devices... leaving 2 alone so I could test the theory.

Yes, I took my phone off the Wifi setting and confirmed it was on Data only. Naturally, that was the only device I could do this on since all other devices require Wifi.

iPad 1:
iOS 11.3, Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect Persistent Banner ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPad 2:
iOS 11.3, Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect HALF on Persistent Banner and HALF on Temporary ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPad 3:
iOS 11.3, Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect only a few on Persistent Banner and only a few on Temporary ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPhone:
iOS 11.3, Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect HALF on Persistent Banner and HALF on Temporary. Wifi turned OFF , Was plugged in charging ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPod Touch:
iOS 9.3.5, Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect 5 on Persistent Banner and on the remaining either no notification or Temporary. ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

iPad:
iOS 5.1.1, Do Not Disturb is NOT activated, Sounds are on the highest volume, Notifications set to Allow on multiple developers to reflect Temporary Banner (Did not change any of these to reflect Persistent) ... Again, NO sound notification in the night ... Yes Flash of light and banner, but NO sounds.

Android: Samsung
Version 4.3 (Kernel) : Sounds all work at night. This device has the same game iD as my iPod touch and my old iPad ... for the games I play. I hear the sound notification on the android ... about 1 minute later I see the flash of light banner on my iPad (no sound) ... then another 3
seconds later I see the flash of light banner on the iPod touch (again, no sounds)

ALL of the sound issues - or shall I say Lack of Sound Issues - happen at night (from 10 pm to 9 am) as though the machines "think" they are set on Do Not Dusturb.
I do not have the Do Not Disturb activated
I changed my "Manual Setting" to start time 4:00 am and end time to 4:01 am ... so at best only 1 minute should be blocked out... however the Do Not Disturb is still NOT active

I tested the theory of just turning that setting on with 2 of my devices and yet there was no change ... I have no sound notification at night regardless of how my machine is set.

NEXT EMAIL

iPad 1:
Completed a backup
Restored iPad
Set Up as NEW iPad
Downloaded games from multiple developers - Turned ON Notifications
Set up Mail - Turned ON Notifications
Set Up Do Not Disturb to be active from 3:00 pm to 3:01 pm (1 minute only)

LAST NIGHT

Turned off all external Wifi connections (like Alexa) and Bluetooth connections
Unplugged router and modem - waited 30 min - plugged back in

Rynetory2
04-09-18, 08:15 AM
Wow you did an amazing job. Very much appreciate your very detailed updates. I have passed them in along with a chaser. Sorry to keep you waiting. You will definitely be the first to hear as soon as I get any updates. :)

Rynetory2
04-10-18, 09:16 PM
The team is still looking into this issue. Thanks.

FijneAvond
04-11-18, 05:55 PM
Next email sent to Apple ... to which they said the only common factor issue IS BAkery Story and Restaurant Story
They said it has to be third party issues since all the Apple native apps work on each device

I HOPE THE FORMAT STAYS LIKE I HAVE SENT IT, AND DOESN'T COMPRESS

I was asked to leave my house and try a "New Environment" ? so I went to my Mom's ... has Spectrum Internet
RS = Restaurant Story BS = Bakery Story

Device App Banner Sound Sent Rcvd
Time
iPad 1
10:07 RS yes no
10:09 BS yes no
10:15 Alarm yes yes 10:15 10:15
10:15 Calendar yes yes 10:15 10:15
10:30 Calendar yes yes 10:30 10:30
10:22 Text yes yes 10:22 10:22
Email no no 10:04 no closed app/locked
Email no no 10:12 no closed app/locked
Email yes yes 10:24 10:24 open app
Email no no 10:26 no closed/unlocked

Time
iPad 2
10:07 RS yes no
10:11 BS yes no
Email removed from this iPad

Time
iPad 3
10:21 BS yes no
Email removed from this iPad

Time
iPhone
10:37 RS yes no
10:33 BS yes no
GMAIL yes yes 10:04 ph 10:04 ph
GMAIL yes yes 10:12 10:12 ph
GMAIL yes yes 10:26 10:26 ph
FB Mess yes yes 10:23 10:23

THESE next 3 DEVICES are linked together as the SAME Account

Time
iPod
10:05 BS no no

Time
iPad
10:05 BS yes no

Time
Android
10:05 BS no yes
FB Mess yes yes 10:23 10:23

FijneAvond
04-11-18, 05:57 PM
sorry it did compress
I hope you can read it clearly
follow the header on each
Basically
everything works
except sound notifications RS and BS from 10 pm - 9 am

FijneAvond
04-14-18, 07:08 AM
It has now been 100% confirmed by Apple ... the issue of NO SOUND NOTIFICATION IS with Storm8.

All of my Apple devices have been scanned and released clear of any Apple issues.

I have asked a few other people to download the games and see if they have any problems with the sounds ... and EACH person stated that "they do not receive sound notifications and must actually set side alarms if they want to make sure to collect food before it rots into a glob of nasty green mess with flies."

I have only really tested the issue with Bakery and Restaurant ... but now wonder if it involves ALL Storm8 games.
I will not add any other games until this one can be resolved.

I wonder if Storm8 is aware of how many people this really involves and I ask ...
Can you create a POLL to see if others have this issue too ...
Maybe the poll should look like the following ...
Are you having issues with Sound Notifications?
Bakery Story?
Restaurant Story?
Day Time Only?
Night Time Only?
All of the Time?
Do You Play on an Apple Device?
What iOS version? ... and let us fill in the blank for our iOS
Do You Play on an Android Device?
What Version? ... and let us fill in the blank

I am sure there can be more questions to add to the poll to assist Storm8 with collecting data.

[]
I really hope that you can understand my frustration behind this issue and know I am only asking for the greater good of the games. :D
I hope that you can respect my wish for better gameplay and not punish me for asking.

I know that if it is happening to me, that it is also happening to others.

I am trying to be politically correct and provide to you the most detailed data that I can compile.
I will gladly do more testing and provide any detailed information on my side if you were to ask it of me.

Please let me know what else I can do for you ... or ... if you will add the poll for everyone to take part in.
I would like to be a part of anything that may assist in the resolution of this issue.

In advance, I thank you for all of your assistance.

Kind regards,
Marianne

Rynetory2
04-14-18, 08:37 AM
I've passed in your updates. Thanks.

FijneAvond
04-18-18, 08:53 AM
Any News On This Yet?

Really tough to play when food goes bad ALL THE TIME

Rynetory2
04-18-18, 09:31 AM
I dont have any updates yet. You'll be the first to know and I will post here as soon as I get an answer. Thanks.

FijneAvond
04-29-18, 08:44 AM
Any word on this glitch yet?

I never saw a poll that I requested be made on this asking others if they have this issue...
I know you won't act quickly on something for just 1 person...
but if it's happening to me ... it MUST be happening to others also.

It's such a struggle to play - especially when there are goals :(

FijneAvond
05-21-18, 12:27 PM
Almost 2 Months Later ............. ANY UPDATES ON THIS YET ???

It is impossible to play these games without sound notifications

I am so disappointed that no one has sent me replies - or more so - that no one has fixed this issue STILL

I was asked to "rate the game" and I couldn't give you any stars :( sad

I am sure that I am not the only one this is happening to
Why is this not being worked on? :mad:

Rynetory2
05-31-18, 11:05 PM
Sorry I have no updates on this... :( Will post as soon as I hear anything.

FijneAvond
07-24-18, 02:48 PM
I started this issue on 3/31 ... it's now 7/24 and STILL not resolved.

I can not play these games without the notifications. It's a waste of time and energy only to waste the funds to collect flies.

Very Disappointed with S8