PDA

View Full Version : Dragon: The Party's Starting Leaderboard - Starts March 30 2018

kooky panda
03-29-18, 01:31 PM
https://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/6DE508E6-2FC9-41BF-8811-AADE21ECCA44_zpsuxwnccay.png (https://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/6DE508E6-2FC9-41BF-8811-AADE21ECCA44_zpsuxwnccay.png.html)

amerirish
03-29-18, 01:32 PM
Please make it stop!!! Too many events!!! *crying quietly in a corner*

AnnirasSweets
03-29-18, 01:46 PM

Amen!
I second that!
Hear, Hear.
And any/every other idiom(s) that make the point that I concur 100%.

The1stCaretaker
03-29-18, 05:08 PM
I also agree, but I probably wouldn't mind as much if we had somewhere to put everything. Not enough land and 50 dragons probably coming with 3 different 4 dragon habitats. Uhhh

deadpixel
03-29-18, 06:02 PM

Just don’t take part. Spend your time building up food reserves, leveling up your dragons and trying for those dragons you don’t have. You’ll get some LB points doing these things and maybe get some useful prizes but you won’t be stressing yourself out. Besides, the prize dragons don’t look good, the pink-purple one looks like a pile of fallen lotus petals and the green one looks like an escapee from Big Hero 6.

Xyn25
03-29-18, 06:14 PM
I like the pink one, the other one is kinda weird. Hope the pink one is the last milestone because I don't want to have to compete on this one.

skyharbor602
03-29-18, 06:56 PM
Just like other dragons from Leaderboards, they'll go directly to storage.

amerirish
03-30-18, 05:58 AM
Just don’t take part. Spend your time building up food reserves, leveling up your dragons and trying for those dragons you don’t have. You’ll get some LB points doing these things and maybe get some useful prizes but you won’t be stressing yourself out. Besides, the prize dragons don’t look good, the pink-purple one looks like a pile of fallen lotus petals and the green one looks like an escapee from Big Hero 6.

Thanks but my problem is that I cannot abstain from any event. I have this pathological need to finish all events as quickly as possible whether I want the prize or not. It's like an OCD compulsion for me :(

NeidusBluetip
03-30-18, 10:08 AM
Thanks but my problem is that I cannot abstain from any event. I have this pathological need to finish all events as quickly as possible whether I want the prize or not. It's like an OCD compulsion for me :(

Honestly, I think it’s also more about the fact that players shouldn’t have to feel that they *can’t* partake in any of these events due to lack of resources, events being crunched together back-to-back every time, requirements that are too high/demanding, having to play a ridiculous amount every hour of the day, etc.

Most of the time there’s at least one dragon design that I like, and in this case I actually do like the pink one for this LB! This is relatively cause for me to participate in a Tales or whatnot. But it’s just so micromanaging and it takes a lot out of what used to be such fun playing this game. I loved the events, the Tales and the LBs...before they became insanely competitive and/or exhausting.

I used to be hardcore good at Bingo and (legitimately for real) always came in 1st place. I stayed this way for about a year until I just didn’t want to deal with the major stress and constant requirements. Since then, I’ve also stopped trying for the top LBs prize and it’s been a lot easier, but it just sucks because a lot of us players would love to participate in more events like this current LB, buy more dragons, etc. But so many negatives seem to outweigh any positives in this game now.

skyharbor602
03-30-18, 10:51 AM
I thought something wasn't right about the Leaderboard then I figured it out - the milestones. Also the last milestone and prize dragons aren't even worth going hard for. An ultra rare pink/purple hybrid is definitely nothing to go crazy over.

CranberryMil
03-30-18, 10:53 AM
Honestly, I think it’s also more about the fact that players shouldn’t have to feel that they *can’t* partake in any of these events due to lack of resources, events being crunched together back-to-back every time, requirements that are too high/demanding, having to play a ridiculous amount every hour of the day, etc.

When you can have infinite resources and can partake an win any event, you change from amerirish to skyharbor602

Just like other dragons from Leaderboards, they'll go directly to storage.

Meanwhile if you need to sacrifice something (as when i get no sleep to win a Mexican Dragon) you become more attached to the reward .

skyharbor602
03-30-18, 10:54 AM
I want to add too there's a tournament going on for Glider if anyone wants to start a thread for it. I already won the tournament for this in March 2017 so I'm sitting this out too.

cat_chick10
03-30-18, 10:56 AM
For the first time ever, I actually already have one of the prize dragons in the leaderboard (Pinata). Makes me feel like I'm moving up the world! (and gets me 10 essence)

FieldsLikeB
03-30-18, 11:00 AM
Ok I'm giving everyone a heads up.

Playful is one of my top five fighters! He's consistent he can take out anything Fire can but more consistently. He can take out hybrid champions. Anyone that doesn't have Playful would do well with him as an arena dragon. Especially smaller accounts. If anyone looked at my arena results on here for Tourneys you'll find I use it six or seven times. If I didn't have him I'd be sucking up the things I already have to get Playful then I'd feed him up asap.

skyharbor602
03-30-18, 11:05 AM

Playful is one of my top five fighters! He's consistent he can take out anything Fire can but more consistently. He can take out hybrid champions. Anyone that doesn't have Playful would do well with him as an arena dragon. Especially smaller accounts. If anyone looked at my arena results on here for Tourneys you'll find I use it six or seven times. If I didn't have him I'd be sucking up the things I already have to get Playful then I'd feed him up asap.

Agreed 100% FieldsLikeB. If y'all don't have Playful already then get this guy in the Leaderboard. He's the only dragon I like in the milestones.

deadpixel
03-30-18, 11:07 AM
Gee! There are already three players on my LB with 2x boosts and each with over 3K points.

Me? I'm going to sit this one out. I have the Pinata, Playful and Surprise Dragons and definitely don't want the Birthday and Neo Lotus dragons. I think it's funny that I described the Neo Lotus Dragon as looking like a pile of fallen lotus petals even before I knew what it was called.

NeidusBluetip
03-30-18, 12:09 PM
Meanwhile if you need to sacrifice something (as when i get no sleep to win a Mexican Dragon) you become more attached to the reward .

I definitely remember some hardcore moments like this to get a LB prize dragon or if falling behind in a long tourney, but was desperate for the prize xD It’s just too bad that for a lot of the first few milestones for a LB, it’s more than usual dragons that us veteran players already own, but you still need to participate up to x point because it counts for the monthly craftable dragons xP

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
03-30-18, 12:14 PM
Did anyone get essence when they completed the last event? I used my last gems to get the last dragon & also get the tree, food & essence. The tree & food showed up in my game but no essence. I?m upset because I was really hoping to craft something

cat_chick10
03-30-18, 12:30 PM
Did anyone get essence when they completed the last event? I used my last gems to get the last dragon & also get the tree, food & essence. The tree & food showed up in my game but no essence. I?m upset because I was really hoping to craft something

I got mine

RhodryMaelwaedd
03-30-18, 01:20 PM
I got mine

Me too.

Phoenix406
03-30-18, 02:18 PM

I have no idea because I don't know how many essence I had to begin with. I never got a pop up saying that I got the food, the tree, or the essence, but I assume that I did.

Phoenix406
03-30-18, 02:23 PM
Wow, so much negativity! You do realize that these dragons were designed by someone, right? Also, isn't collecting dragons the whole point of the game? Personally, I think that the Neo Lotus is very pretty, but I know that I probably won't manage to win her. And I'm so glad that the Birthday dragon is the final milestone and not the top prize, because I definitely want him! He's so cute holding the little birthday cake! And he's cute colors. I totally understand when people post frustrations with the way that we are forced to play the game, like having to take days upon days to craft enough marble keys to expand, or being asked to expend way too much food in order to complete an event, but complaining about someone's art work is just rude. Maybe that's one reason they do make the game so hard.

random59
03-30-18, 03:14 PM
Wow, so much negativity! You do realize that these dragons were designed by someone, right? Also, isn't collecting dragons the whole point of the game? Personally, I think that the Neo Lotus is very pretty, but I know that I probably won't manage to win her. And I'm so glad that the Birthday dragon is the final milestone and not the top prize, because I definitely want him! He's so cute holding the little birthday cake! And he's cute colors. I totally understand when people post frustrations with the way that we are forced to play the game, like having to take days upon days to craft enough marble keys to expand, or being asked to expend way too much food in order to complete an event, but complaining about someone's art work is just rude. Maybe that's one reason they do make the game so hard.

Whilst I agree with some of your comments. I for one are fed up with all the repeats, 3 dragons here, 1 in the mine, 1 in both Tournament and the Arena crafting, so 6 repeats.

We need more innovation in the way new dragons are being released, maybe the trick to this is less events so the designers can show their creativity!

FireballFarm
03-30-18, 03:44 PM
Whilst I agree with some of your comments. I for one are fed up with all the repeats, 3 dragons here, 1 in the mine, 1 in both Tournament and the Arena crafting, so 6 repeats.

We need more innovation in the way new dragons are being released, maybe the trick to this is less events so the designers can show their creativity!

^^^This.
And, if they are going to repeat dragons, they should use older ones. There are over 1000 dragons in the game, so there are plenty to choose from. Instead, they keep choosing newer dragons, and now they are repeating repeats (Pinata has already been used as a LB milestone).

CranberryMil
03-30-18, 03:52 PM

i don't see who was complaining about the design, but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... or semething like that. Saying something is not pretty is not complaining, is expressing that we have different opinions about beauty.

Algo, the game have more than 1000 dragons , statistically must be somewhat of 100 "good looking dragons", 100 "awful looking dragons" and the rest are "meh looking dragons" and each person categorized each dragon in his personal taste groups.

Phoenix406
03-30-18, 04:07 PM
I was referring to specific comments that these dragons "don't look good" and that they're "useless" because they aren't rare types and that they'll "just sit in storage," although that could be a space issue, not a design issue. Absolutely agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I agree with @FireballFarm - I would also love to see more of the older dragons being used as milestone prizes. I only started playing a year ago and already have a pinata dragon. I would love for them to pull out some really old ones.

skyharbor602
03-30-18, 04:17 PM
Pinata is also breedable and breedable dragons shouldn't be in a Leaderboard. And for what I said earlier about the milestone dragons going directly to storage, yes, it is a space issue.
Also, I paid real money in this game. As a customer if I like something, I compliment it. If I don't like something or feel like I'm being *****ed, I have the right to constructively criticize it. To be honest, I'm not crazy about this leaderboard, tournament, Pretty back in the mine, nor Marionette being the arena crafting dragon at all but, in turn, I loved a lot of the dragons introduced in October, November and February.

CranberryMil
03-30-18, 04:50 PM
Pinata es bredable?!?!?

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

what im playing for ?

kat8rose
03-30-18, 05:10 PM
Anything to breed for leaderboard points? Or am I as burnt and confused as I feel, lol? Not sure this is relevant to LB event, just seems like there's always one to breed for everything.....HELP, TY

skyharbor602
03-30-18, 05:23 PM
Pinata es bredable?!?!?

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

what im playing for ?

Yes, Pinata is breedable.

AnnirasSweets
03-30-18, 08:00 PM
Anything to breed for leaderboard points? Or am I as burnt and confused as I feel, lol? Not sure this is relevant to LB event, just seems like there's always one to breed for everything.....HELP, TY

Are you asking if there are any specific dragons we should be trying to breed at the moment or are you asking if there's specific dragons you should be breeding for LB points?

Both are good questions and I'm interested in the answers myself. I'm just getting ready to open DS for the first time today and I just know I'll be overwhelmed with a bunch of popups that I forget 2 seconds after I view them, lol.

FireballFarm
03-30-18, 08:15 PM
Only 1 of the dragons added to the Market today is breedable- the hideous Easter Dragon (according to the Codex).
The other 8 are for purchase, only. The two Neos are the monthly dragons for April.

https://i.imgur.com/VmkEmCv.jpg

So, nope. Unless you want an Easter Dragon, there is nothing new or limited to try and breed during this LB.

Anuisia
03-31-18, 05:28 AM

What level do you recommend raising Playful to - 10 or 15?

skyharbor602
03-31-18, 11:33 AM
What level do you recommend raising Playful to - 10 or 15?

I would recommend anywhere between level 12 and 15.

Sugarcat5
03-31-18, 11:53 AM

Totally agree about the birthday dragon. ..i think he is adorable!

Sugarcat5
03-31-18, 12:02 PM
Only 1 of the dragons added to the Market today is breedable- the hideous Easter Dragon (according to the Codex).
The other 8 are for purchase, only. The two Neos are the monthly dragons for April.

So, nope. Unless you want an Easter Dragon, there is nothing new or limited to try and breed during this LB.

I have noticed that since the codex came out, very few of the "sale" dragons are available to breed. If it didn't take so ridiculously long to craft them with essence I wouldn't mind so much but my opinion is that even tho the codex has been a great idea, the application of it just adds to this game getting more frustrating. I really wish S8 would reconsider the time frames they have set as most tasks are way too long.

Den8137259
03-31-18, 08:28 PM

Ahh cool I can take a breather for once (: ★ thank you S8 and FireballFarm for highlighting (: ★

FireballFarm
03-31-18, 09:00 PM
I'm sad cuz I would have really liked to try for Snap, Lily, Ladybug, and Jasmine. All are nice dragons I don't have. But, they are not dragons I'd ever pay to own. In fact, there are very few dragons I'd be willing to shell money out for- and they have to be something really, really *really* special for that to happen.

It seems like S8 has forgotten the point of the game is BREEDING dragons.

AinoDK
04-01-18, 01:37 AM

Except the monthly dragons and Easter I have all of them. I also have all the LB dragons except the top prizes, and I have the tournament, arena and mine dragons. Is this a sign I have been playing this game for too long?

AnnirasSweets
04-01-18, 07:57 AM
Except the monthly dragons and Easter I have all of them. I also have all the LB dragons except the top prizes, and I have the tournament, arena and mine dragons. Is this a sign I have been playing this game for too long?

No, we've not been playing too long... we're just super dedicated? I'm in the same boat but I'm hoping it will be a good thing since we can now just trade all the SR+UR duplicates instead of leaving them in my storage indefinitely where they currently are and where we forget all about them.

I do however think that if S8 is going to re-use dragons they should only have 1 old dragon in play at a time. That way the players who have been playing for years don't find themselves in this situation where we have very little to work towards thus little incentive to log in as frequently.

JustKay
04-02-18, 06:44 PM

I'm hoping that this is taken as constructive feedback by S8, but I do think that the quality of the dragons has gone down somewhat in recent times. They used to be fun unique designs, but recently frequently it feels a lot like the same bases with different spikes and colours. I don't think it's any specific designer's fault. It might just be fatigue from the constant churning out of new dragons for new events. While I think they are still far from exhausting the possible themes and ideas for new dragons, rehashing old ideas in the "neo" range is not a great sign of the creative drive behind S8. I took the time to post this since as a long time player, I had always felt that DS set itself apart from all the other dragon breeding games out there with its artwork. I can't remember the last time I absolutely had to hatch a new egg got in storage that I didn't need to hatch as part of a goal. Maybe it's just me as a long time player that's seen so many designs in the past.

I look at Fantasy Forest story and see a lot more creativity in the new animals released in that game.

JustKay
04-02-18, 08:21 PM
I want to add too there's a tournament going on for Glider if anyone wants to start a thread for it. I already won the tournament for this in March 2017 so I'm sitting this out too.

What about for collecting parts to construct the Neo Unicorn? I know you can usually get more than the minimum requirement, but I like having that margin just in case the change the rules of the game on us. I have Glider in storage already too but am still going to give this tournament a shot.

random59
04-03-18, 02:40 AM
Seriously, do I not need maps! as a Milestone or Island parts or Marble parts! NO! what is that the game developers don?t get?

Currently level 200 But I have a lower level game, which, i can Mine for Island Parts, send requests for maps and craft Marble Keys!
Which game is Discriminated against? of course my level 200 game where I can only craft a singular marble key per day! Is this fair and proper? (Heck No!)

Please come to the party, this is not cool!

JustKay
04-03-18, 05:49 PM
Seriously, do I not need maps! as a Milestone or Island parts or Marble parts! NO! what is that the game developers don?t get?

Currently level 200 But I have a lower level game, which, i can Mine for Island Parts, send requests for maps and craft Marble Keys!
Which game is Discriminated against? of course my level 200 game where I can only craft a singular marble key per day! Is this fair and proper? (Heck No!)

I hate to admit this, but this game isn't for us long time players anymore. We've spent any money we would have been willing to spend to make our souped up accounts. S8 make most of their money from the new blood that comes in, and they are increasingly realising that. For instance tournaments are becoming a bit easier again to keep those accounts that can't handle a lineup of level 20 champions playing. The codex is also a new feature that greatly benefits new players over long term players.

Us long term players don't need an incentive to keep playing. The proof is in the pudding, we're still here. We will probably still be here next year. The people S8 need to retain and enthral are those people who haven't been playing long and have no emotional attachment to the game.. yet. The game is geared toward being fun for intermediate accounts. That's why your lower level account is so much more fun to play. Even though DS is one of those perpetual online games, there are limits to game design. A game can't be fresh new and exciting forever, and DS has done well for half a decade already.

It's not fair, but business is rarely "fair". It's about chasing that top dollar. Am happy to just be able to keep playing, since that new blood is spending money (that I don't need to) to keep S8 running :) Right now the only thing that drives me in the game is winning leaderboard trophies and keeping my winning streak going. It's strange that I don't really care about breeding and raising dragons anymore, which is where it all started.

The1stCaretaker
04-03-18, 06:46 PM

Yep I've got the exact same thing going on. It's crazy. Also I want to be able to upgrade all the older multi color 4 dragon habitats to hold 5, not have 200 of the same 4 5 dragon habitats and have to sell all those awesome older habs. I don't really understand what is the big deal. Make all those habitats have an upgrade, they will only benefit from this. If players don't want to upgrade oh well but if they do they'll use gold and upgrade.

The1stCaretaker
04-03-18, 06:51 PM
I hate to admit this, but this game isn't for us long time players anymore. We've spent any money we would have been willing to spend to make our souped up accounts. S8 make most of their money from the new blood that comes in, and they are increasingly realising that. For instance tournaments are becoming a bit easier again to keep those accounts that can't handle a lineup of level 20 champions playing. The codex is also a new feature that greatly benefits new players over long term players.

Us long term players don't need an incentive to keep playing. The proof is in the pudding, we're still here. We will probably still be here next year. The people S8 need to retain and enthral are those people who haven't been playing long and have no emotional attachment to the game.. yet. The game is geared toward being fun for intermediate accounts. That's why your lower level account is so much more fun to play. Even though DS is one of those perpetual online games, there are limits to game design. A game can't be fresh new and exciting forever, and DS has done well for half a decade already.

It's not fair, but business is rarely "fair". It's about chasing that top dollar. Am happy to just be able to keep playing, since that new blood is spending money (that I don't need to) to keep S8 running :) Right now the only thing that drives me in the game is winning leaderboard trophies and keeping my winning streak going. It's strange that I don't really care about breeding and raising dragons anymore, which is where it all started.

I don't agree with that one bit. There's no way older players who need to continue to have everything spend less than players who are just starting and already missing too much. If storm gave us more mining land to expand so we could actually buy habitats and upgrades to existing 4 dragon habitats they'd make even more from us old players

JustKay
04-05-18, 08:46 AM
Did we just lose a few days on this leaderboard? The timer seems to have changed

Bastiaan0
04-05-18, 08:59 AM
Is it me or did S8 just adjust the LB clock? I thought we had until next monday 8 pm PST :confused:

Can someone check on this please?

Mostreal
04-05-18, 09:08 AM
Is it me or did S8 just adjust the LB clock? I thought we had until next monday 8 pm PST :confused:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was looking at my strategy earlier today and I had 4 days and some change. I just looked and have 1 day and some change!

RhodryMaelwaedd
04-05-18, 09:52 AM

Kooky, Elsa, could you please check what's going on with this?

Rfs04
04-05-18, 09:56 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was looking at my strategy earlier today and I had 4 days and some change. I just looked and have 1 day and some change!

Me too! It's bad enough that 3 of the top 4 have arctic isles in my Android group and now we lost days. I wanted Birthday dragon and not even close...sigh

Please get those days back!!!

Mostreal
04-05-18, 10:33 AM
Me too! It's bad enough that 3 of the top 4 have arctic isles in my Android group and now we lost days. I wanted Birthday dragon and not even close...sigh

Please get those days back!!!

As a fellow Android player, I feel ya!

We are already at a disadvantage as the monthly dragon that you get through breeding is impossible to get without gold as it takes 33.3 days with one breeding nest - assuming you are breeding 24 hrs straight. I am also not sure why that is literally the only goal that you cannot collect items down to the last minute! When I asked, Storm8 claimed it was just giving more people time to actually craft the dragon but since they stated that, the dragons have been available to craft long after the timer hit zero.

The World event is impossible to get the last dragon - even for me even though I have two nests and two evolving temples.

Now the leaderboard event suddenly losing days!

I am spending less and less on this game. It was my guilty pleasure and I mostly spent money on habitats but since I am spending more just to get dragons, I am buying the habitats that I can with coin and spending less gold to get the dragons.

If this keeps up, I'm going to stop spending money altogether. I'm not sure why Android players do not have Arctic Isles available to them yet and I'm not sure why Storm8 keeps making things harder (other than wanting to extract more money).

I'm done ranting for now. If it still isn't fixed by this evening, I am going to ask via the contact page for technical difficulties.

[S8] Elsa
04-05-18, 10:52 AM
Kooky, Elsa, could you please check what's going on with this?

Yes, I'll update as soon as there's more information.

AnnirasSweets
04-05-18, 10:52 AM
This is definitely not okay. I was clipping along at a leisurely pace and set to finish the LB milestones in plenty of time but suddenly today I'm days short????? I've PM'd Kooky and asked her to get back to us ASAP since we don't really have much time waste apparently.

C'mon S8, if you wanted a 7 Day event then don't put a 10 day timer on it...But seeing as you did have a 10 day timer on it, then would you please at least give us the entire 10 days to complete it?

squigglish
04-05-18, 11:26 AM
Funny thing, I was wondering why the boost had a 50% off sale so soon with 6 or 7 days left in the tourney. I guess it is yet another mistake by Storm8 that will never be rectified, compensated for or even admitted. Maybe this time they will at least say oops?

amerirish
04-05-18, 11:41 AM
OMG! I hadn't noticed the new short time!! NO WAY!!! Come on S8!!! :mad:

dragonwhispereri
04-05-18, 11:46 AM
OMG! I hadn't noticed the new short time!! NO WAY!!! Come on S8!!! :mad:

Same here. Just noticed about 22 hours left when it should have been until Monday night!

Athabasca55
04-05-18, 11:58 AM

WTH? This is so not fair. What?s next, cutting Bingo short?

lenasdinner
04-05-18, 12:07 PM
OOOO my... what is this now??less than a day and leaderboard ends???? Thay short the time??how can thay do that? milestone points its not posible to reach at time,so thay want us to spend tons of gold so we can reach last dragon?? not gonna do that even thou I like both dragons,I put some gold in to the game at least to reach last milestone,but this time I'm not gone spend 1 gold,not in this kind of way.
to mislead us....deceive us??? really? or is just this another mistake and S8 messed up the clock....I guess we'll see it tomorow if clock gets back or leaderboard ends....

Oh yes..and what about B-day cards is that mean that we are not getting all of them if we diden't reach 6 700 points??? for me that means that I wil be short 2850 points from this event....that's a lot.
really really not fair,fix the clock or give us those points.:mad:

is109
04-05-18, 12:25 PM
Wow! Please fix the time! I won?t be able to receive 3 of the dragon milestones. How lame! 😡 I can?t even tell whether this was done intentionally or not...

NeidusBluetip
04-05-18, 12:31 PM
Wow. And I thought I was crazy when I saw the timer just now, when I was certain we had like, 4 days left...

chuckyt888
04-05-18, 12:47 PM
All you can do is laugh at this point.

RhodryMaelwaedd
04-05-18, 12:52 PM
Getting pretty annoyed right about now...

summersalt
04-05-18, 12:57 PM
There was 5 days left yesterday and 22hours left today. Did I miss something? I mean it's fine with me I'm in first but I'll never get 7500 points ven though I boosted and sped bred

amerirish
04-05-18, 12:57 PM
This is completely unfair! They can't do this to us! :mad:

[S8] Elsa
04-05-18, 01:07 PM
Please see our update regarding the Leaderboard event here (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103902-An-update-for-the-Leaderboard-Event).

squigglish
04-05-18, 01:17 PM
Funny thing, I was wondering why the boost had a 50% off sale so soon with 6 or 7 days left in the tourney. I guess it is yet another mistake by Storm8 that will never be rectified, compensated for or even admitted. Maybe this time they will at least say oops?

I was wrong. They did attempt to rectify and they have attempted to compensate. More important for me though is they have admitted their mistake and apologized for it.

skyharbor602
04-05-18, 01:35 PM
Thanks for atoning for your mistake Storm8. This is how you keep loyal players.

amerirish
04-05-18, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I think this fix is very decent of them. And the free special dragon is awesome!

I honestly thought this was going to be another 'oh well, sucks to be you' situation. So glad to see them step up and be (sorta) fair.

AnnirasSweets
04-05-18, 01:42 PM
Thanks for acknowledging the issue and taking steps to fix it. Finally we get the communication we've not had over other issues in the past. This goes a long way toward customer good will and I for one am grateful S8 has done this and hopefully it will be their new SOP going forward.

Athabasca55
04-05-18, 02:01 PM
All you can do is laugh at this point.

Yeah, some ‘ birthday’ celebration, right? Only S8 is the party p**per.

Pippinville
04-05-18, 02:20 PM
Help! Please give our days back! I got given extra bonus points, but that won't get me to the Surprise Dragon (which I wanted).

bpattrid
04-05-18, 02:24 PM
I received extra as well. Was curious so 2x boosted before collecting & did get 2400 points versus 1200. Kind of feels like *****ing the system but what can you do.

Phoenix406
04-05-18, 04:11 PM
I'm sad cuz I would have really liked to try for Snap, Lily, Ladybug, and Jasmine. All are nice dragons I don't have. But, they are not dragons I'd ever pay to own. In fact, there are very few dragons I'd be willing to shell money out for- and they have to be something really, really *really* special for that to happen.

It seems like S8 has forgotten the point of the game is BREEDING dragons.

Precisely. Although I did buy Snap. I will *occasionally* buy a dragon if I really like it and it is under 150 gems.

Phoenix406
04-05-18, 04:21 PM
I'm hoping that this is taken as constructive feedback by S8, but I do think that the quality of the dragons has gone down somewhat in recent times. They used to be fun unique designs, but recently frequently it feels a lot like the same bases with different spikes and colours. I don't think it's any specific designer's fault. It might just be fatigue from the constant churning out of new dragons for new events. While I think they are still far from exhausting the possible themes and ideas for new dragons, rehashing old ideas in the "neo" range is not a great sign of the creative drive behind S8. I took the time to post this since as a long time player, I had always felt that DS set itself apart from all the other dragon breeding games out there with its artwork. I can't remember the last time I absolutely had to hatch a new egg got in storage that I didn't need to hatch as part of a goal. Maybe it's just me as a long time player that's seen so many designs in the past.

I look at Fantasy Forest story and see a lot more creativity in the new animals released in that game.

Agreed, mostly. Of course, in FFS, at least not all the animals are dragons, so there is a little more room for creativity.

Pippinville
04-05-18, 04:23 PM
Why give us a bonus that doesn't get us to the end?

Pippinville
04-05-18, 04:25 PM
I received extra as well. Was curious so 2x boosted before collecting & did get 2400 points versus 1200. Kind of feels like *****ing the system but what can you do.

Good idea! Wish I'd thought of it too!

Pippinville
04-05-18, 04:28 PM
Agreed, mostly. Of course, in FFS, at least not all the animals are dragons, so there is a little more room for creativity.

I am fairly advanced in the game and find that a lot of the dragons are being re-released for those who missed....but I already have them! Bit boring!

freesiawoods
04-05-18, 04:39 PM
I am fairly advanced in the game and find that a lot of the dragons are being re-released for those who missed....but I already have them! Bit boring!

Agree and I don't know why they keep giving Pi?ata as a prize when most of us have it and it's already breedable.

Pippinville
04-05-18, 04:59 PM
Precisely. Although I did buy Snap. I will *occasionally* buy a dragon if I really like it and it is under 150 gems.

Yes, I'm the same...like buying a bargain!

FireballFarm
04-05-18, 05:51 PM
Why is a different dragon than what was advertised hatching out of the Birthday Dragon egg?

The dragon that hatches is pink and orange-yellow, with ******d horns and blue and aqua streamers.
It's definitely not the green dragon wearing a b-day hat and holding a piece of cake, as shown in the pic on page one of this thread and in all the in-game promos for the event.

Mostreal
04-05-18, 05:58 PM
I know I've ranted a lot recently - I will say it is nice Storm8 is trying to make good on this apparent error. I will need gold to get the final milestone (not something I normally need), due in part to the fact that I have one dragon waiting another 25 hours to evolve (put there on purpose before I realized this timer issue wasn't going to go away). We will see what the future holds...

cat_chick10
04-05-18, 05:59 PM
This seems like it could maybe be the first time I reach the final milestone because of the double points that are now happening.

[S8] Elsa
04-05-18, 07:19 PM
Why is a different dragon than what was advertised hatching out of the Birthday Dragon egg?

The dragon that hatches is pink and orange-yellow, with ******d horns and blue and aqua streamers.
It's definitely not the green dragon wearing a b-day hat and holding a piece of cake, as shown in the pic on page one of this thread and in all the in-game promos for the event.

The animation has been fixed. You just need to reinstall to get the new art. :)

FireballFarm
04-05-18, 07:32 PM
Elsa;1505764']The animation has been fixed. You just need to reinstall to get the new art. :)

Thank you! It was such a weird and random thing- "Who is this guy?" :D

savage_mel
04-06-18, 07:46 AM
The leader in my group went up 8000 points over night! How is that even possible? I feel like something fishy is going on here...

AnnirasSweets
04-06-18, 08:57 AM
The leader in my group went up 8000 points over night! How is that even possible? I feel like something fishy is going on here...

Not fishy necessarily, for the rest of the LB all the points are doubled and if they used a gold booster then their points would essentially be x4. Not to mention, if they had the booster active when they got the freebie points there's 2400 alone.

savage_mel
04-06-18, 09:35 AM
Not fishy necessarily, for the rest of the LB all the points are doubled and if they used a gold booster then their points would essentially be x4. Not to mention, if they had the booster active when they got the freebie points there's 2400 alone.
I dunno....I just collected from 2 dens, 4 nests, my evo temple and arctic isles and only advanced just over 1000 points. Oh! And I used a 2x boost. It still feels fishy to me

random59
04-06-18, 01:34 PM
Well the leader in my group went up over 19,000 points on a double boost, bit suspect if you ask me.

In saying that, leaderboard has been over for a while and I have not been rewarded with any food or any crazyaward for finishing 3rd.

This event was BAD, even the 2 dragon habitat is Red the main dragons are Pink!

JustKay
04-06-18, 02:26 PM
I dunno....I just collected from 2 dens, 4 nests, my evo temple and arctic isles and only advanced just over 1000 points. Oh! And I used a 2x boost. It still feels fishy to me

Well the leader in my group went up over 19,000 points on a double boost, bit suspect if you ask me.

Food is the mystery factor. It's impossible to guess how much food they have stocked up and how much gold they have to spend. Gold can be used to buy food in an emergency situation. You might think that 8000 is a lot, but in food that's just about 2 million food. The previous leader board to this one, I had a tough battle at the end and used up close to 3.5 million in food in just the last 20 minutes! Those L14 dragons are hungry! I still have several millions more and I'm sure there are plenty of players out there with equally large stock piles. When leader boards switched to allowing you to earn points from feeding, I stopped feeding dragons outside of leaderboards. So did many other people. That was almost 2 years ago. There are going to be a lot of people sitting on very large food stockpiles in this game! Then throw in the rich kids which will spend real money for gold to be used for food and they could effectively have infinite food. In the early days of the leaderboard, people were reporting players getting upwards of 100000 points very early on in the event.

Xyn25
04-06-18, 03:44 PM
Food is the mystery factor. It's impossible to guess how much food they have stocked up and how much gold they have to spend. Gold can be used to buy food in an emergency situation. You might think that 8000 is a lot, but in food that's just about 2 million food. The previous leader board to this one, I had a tough battle at the end and used up close to 3.5 million in food in just the last 20 minutes! Those L14 dragons are hungry! I still have several millions more and I'm sure there are plenty of players out there with equally large stock piles. When leader boards switched to allowing you to earn points from feeding, I stopped feeding dragons outside of leaderboards. So did many other people. That was almost 2 years ago. There are going to be a lot of people sitting on very large food stockpiles in this game! Then throw in the rich kids which will spend real money for gold to be used for food and they could effectively have infinite food. In the early days of the leaderboard, people were reporting players getting upwards of 100000 points very early on in the event.

How do you manage to get so much food?? My poor dragons are always starving!

Monichiwa
04-06-18, 05:41 PM
Why sometimes the events in this game end like 10 minutes early or just earlier than they say they would? I am sure I'm not the only one with this problem because I've read similar comments here. I just opened the game like 10 or 15 minutes prior to the finish time to get some more points and try to get the dragon and surprise! The event was already finished. I would actually like to get a real response, I don't even know if this has been asked to the creators of the game or tried to be solved (which I doubt), but this can't be a bug, not for the very long time it's been happening. But I won't fool myself and I will asume that I will get ignored as I always get when I talk about a problem the game has.

Sugarcat5
04-06-18, 08:17 PM
I saw an interesting discrepancy with the timer of the leaderboard as well. I had my phone and tablet on at the same time as the timer was running down so I could get last minute points and noticed that the timers were different on both devices. The phone ended before the tablet.

skyharbor602
04-06-18, 08:48 PM
The Party's Over now I guess, lol.

NeidusBluetip
04-07-18, 05:45 AM
How do you manage to get so much food?? My poor dragons are always starving!

If you limit which dragons you feed and only feed certain ones when necessary (ie for Tales, event-specific ones for points), then you’ll eventually accumulate crops, bit by bit. It also depends how frequently you play. I play quite often so my crops had amassed over 6 million before the LB event started.

I was around 6th place in the final 24hrs mark, which I don’t mind at all, but due to the countdown timer issue and the extra points that were handed out, I used a boost solely to get the personal milestones. I don’t normally go for the top LB prizes anymore because the competition just stresses me way out now, but seeing as the points had boosted me up, I decided to go for 2nd place.

I only decide this on the fly because there’s nothing worse than trying to compete against other people who go aggressively nuts at the end, (or even much earlier at that) and if you wind up in 3rd place you get such a booby prize (trophy but no dragon, which imo, is so not worth the effort/gold spent/etc). Especially with how many crops you could potentially waste, only to come up ‘empty-handed’.

So I’ll see how I’m doing and feed some of my food-demanding dragons, which does get crops-pricey with Tales following soon after, blabla. This LB dragon wasn’t even one that I especially cared for compared to a few others that I was never able to go up against getting, but I’m still happy with putting the extra effort to get her!

A massive amount of crops or speeding up processes with gold can be the case for many other players, especially IAP players which is a great factor in regards to points jumping by the thousands. Especially with years of experience working within the gaming industry, you see a lot in regards to player statistics and the insane amount that some people pay for their items, so I never assume anything is ‘fishy’, because it can simply come down to people who are paying versus people who aren’t.

It sucks that this is the route S8 has now focused towards, but oh well. Seems to work for their goals of money-making!

petre70
04-13-18, 12:12 PM
Amen!
I second that!
Hear, Hear.
And any/every other idiom(s) that make the point that I concur 100%.

I agree. I have a ton of dragons I want, like dragons in the market. I go crazy seeing dragons I want and need to collect them and We can't breed them. I'm disabled and I can't afford dragons or any game items.