PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

idrispad
04-07-18, 03:29 AM
I can’t decide whether there is any point carrying on. I think I have 3 of the 10 shields I need for the 2 lots of armour but with the abysmal nectar drop (usually only 1 per collection of 6 flowers) I just can’t see how it is possible.

The coal for the chain mail was a piece of cake by comparison.

beefus
04-07-18, 03:52 AM
Oh, I wish...

The Mushroom people have already joined with the Trolls... They appear to have selected Agni as their Queen and even though Kaz is still the trolls Kingdom Emissary, it appears Agni has taken the Stupid Troll, I'm sorry, the CUPID Troll as her right hand. I have my eye on them...

There's a bunch of fairies that have taken over the faerie woods (I guess that's appropriate)

And with the recent addition of the Gnomes, who completely took over anything that looked like a Mine.
(Not to be confused with the statement of "Mine, Mine, Mine," from the seagulls in Finding Nemo.)

I'm left with the MOothraki just throwing up fortified fencing wherever they want and carving a chunk right out of the middle.

Within the hour Bran will emerge from the Wagon and we're gonna have a little talk about Kingdom realignment.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
MOo!

Ok... so I think we've come to an agreement...

If I let Bran bulldoze the horse pasture, give him control of whatever horses remain, and let him dam the river flowing into the southern swampy area of the trolls land, we can exist peacefully.

When I asked Bran what he was giving up in order to make this agreement an equal exchange, he said, "*Burp* *burp*"

Rude.

I pointed out that if he wants access to land that has already been ceded to the trolls, he would need to talk to Kaz. I will not speak for the trolls when they have a voice.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
Beef

SpiritWind00
04-07-18, 04:53 AM
Finished..... I'll update the inventory info soon as well. If anyone wants the end dialogue let me know.

coolssp
04-07-18, 05:13 AM
Finished..... I'll update the inventory info soon as well. If anyone wants the end dialogue let me know.

How on earth did you manage nectar :) Did you gem up... please share your secrets :)

SpiritWind00
04-07-18, 06:17 AM
No gemming, no. I had the walker and got 4-6 nectar drops every time. I also collected from the flowers from about 6.30am and all throughout the day till the end of my day. I'm sure this made all the difference. I've been fanatical this last week to get it done. I have lots of daily alicorns too so I used those on rocks and trees. I abandoned any other collections. I had the higher requirements and made 1 of each block and beam together till I had 6 then crafted shields. While waiting on building up supplies of nectar I concentrated on the chainmail. Knowing what was coming up helped to strategise my time too. It just all came together which has been good.

I'm not a fan of how much time is required to have the game open though. It's one of the reasons I'm getting behind in updating the various guides! :) I'll have time now to get that done now.

CharmOfLea
04-07-18, 06:24 AM
I’d qualify that as gemming. 400 at once.

ladyperidot
04-07-18, 06:47 AM
I got the first unlimited energy but not the second even though it showed I completed the requirements and congratulated me. Yes, I force closed. Twice.

I didn't get either of the rewards for this last weekend warrior thing. I too got congratulated on finishing and I too force closed (more than twice) and even tried completely turning my device off. And nothing, crickets!!!! C'mon S8 get your act together!!

riverly
04-07-18, 07:20 AM
I'm not a big fan of this type of unlimited energy. I don't like to have to do certain things , for example, collect from farm buildings or crops or flowers or defeating beasts, before the energy is activated. About the only thing it was good for was the tree and rock chopping, which to me is just ok. I did not need any flowers, crops or farmhouse, etc.
Once again more waste.

eam13
04-07-18, 08:31 AM
Truly hate this event. There’s literally no way you can complete it if you work full time (and I’m a teacher, so it’s not like I can take a break every hour and a half to tap quickly) without buying ****.

Ugh. Fail.

Hestmae
04-07-18, 08:49 AM
I noticed the new “woodland sanctuary” in the $10 deal. Just wondering if this item will be a prize in the event or and the market. I don’t necessarily want to spend $10 for a building...

MoonVillage3
04-07-18, 09:17 AM
I noticed the new “woodland sanctuary” in the $10 deal. Just wondering if this item will be a prize in the event or and the market. I don’t necessarily want to spend $10 for a building...
I don't think it will be a prize, as crafting the Mothrak Knight ends the event. Could be on sale after.. but that's still to see.

newpam575
04-07-18, 09:55 AM
Truly hate this event. There?s literally no way you can complete it if you work full time (and I?m a teacher, so it?s not like I can take a break every hour and a half to tap quickly) without buying ****.

Ugh. Fail.
Same here. Six flowers should equate to more than 0-2 nectars. I am still working at it but it is not looking good.

kattkrazie
04-07-18, 11:18 AM
I also finished without using gems. Like SW, I focused on collecting from the flowers all day long. I didn't worry about crafting until I had built up quite a bit of nectar. Then I used the workshop boost to craft everything in half the time.

Goal 11 was tedious and not enjoyable but it doesn't require gemming to complete, just persistence. I'm definitely glad that this is over.

eam13
04-07-18, 11:33 AM
I also finished without using gems. Like SW, I focused on collecting from the flowers all day long. I didn't worry about crafting until I had built up quite a bit of nectar. Then I used the workshop boost to craft everything in half the time.

Goal 11 was tedious and not enjoyable but it doesn't require gemming to complete, just persistence. I'm definitely glad that this is over.

How often did you log on, though?

kattkrazie
04-07-18, 11:43 AM
How often did you log on, though?

I logged on probably 9 to 10 times per day. Just to collect nectar without doing anything else.

fish63
04-07-18, 11:50 AM
I finished two days ago and do not have the Sanctuary! Book is gone, information on right of screen is gone. How do we get it?

eam13
04-07-18, 12:02 PM
I just can’t do that. I’m super lucky if I can log on four times — this is just not an event designed for busy people. It stinks.

fish63
04-07-18, 12:04 PM
I finished the event two days ago. Book is gone. Information on the right is gone. Where does the Sanctuary appear? I?ve checked all of my inventory! Nothing and it is not listed for sale. Answer please?

katbtodd
04-07-18, 12:09 PM
I finished the event two days ago. Book is gone. Information on the right is gone. Where does the Sanctuary appear? I?ve checked all of my inventory! Nothing and it is not listed for sale. Answer please?

What Sanctuary ,you get the woodland King ,not unless I'm confused

Hestmae
04-07-18, 12:10 PM
Okay thank you. Fingers crossed

riverly
04-07-18, 12:17 PM
I finished the event two days ago. Book is gone. Information on the right is gone. Where does the Sanctuary appear? I?ve checked all of my inventory! Nothing and it is not listed for sale. Answer please?The only place I see the Sanctuary is with the 9.99 bundle. If you are finished, maybe you didn't get that offer?
That doesn't seem fair.

kattkrazie
04-07-18, 12:29 PM
The only place I see the Sanctuary is with the 9.99 bundle. If you are finished, maybe you didn't get that offer?
That doesn't seem fair.

I'm finished and the offer is still available to me. It has a countdown timer so will continue to be available for another day or so.

fish63
04-07-18, 12:32 PM
The offer with the Sanctuary didn’t pop up until today!

fish63
04-07-18, 12:35 PM
I don’t want to spend just for it. Don’t need the other things to clutter up inventory. Wish we could clean out all the things left from other events. Takes forever to find anything!

HuckleTown
04-07-18, 12:44 PM

Did you get the walking boost character?

riverly
04-07-18, 01:04 PM
I don’t want to spend just for it. Don’t need the other things to clutter up inventory. Wish we could clean out all the things left from other events. Takes forever to find anything!Maybe the Sanctuary will eventually get put in the market for a gem purchase. I won't be getting it.

I had to buy a white poppy flower the other day so I could put it in inventory, and then find my other 30+ white poppy.

AnnirasSweets
04-07-18, 01:11 PM
The new pics are in:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103788-Castle-Story-03-29-War-of-the-Woodlands-event-Woodland-Rider&p=1503716&viewfull=1#post1503716

If someone has the Woodland Sanctuary, happy to get the inventory picture.

So I went ahead and bought the bundle even though I don't actually need a single thing in it, just wanted the building...I think I have a bit of a collection problem!

It's classified as a decoration in the inventory, has a 2x2 footprint, 8 hour collection with 32 gem speed up. Drops are 1104 coins, 1-2 wood and either a sap or living wood. It's still early days so I'll keep you informed if any other drops emerge but I'm not holding my breath, at least the coins are halfway decent.

Of course, I justify my purchase by telling myself I haven't bought any gems for ages so surely spending the money set aside for gems on bundle items is okay...right??? LOL, I've got to stop myself from collecting items just to collect them. Maybe they have a 12 step program for this?

kattkrazie
04-07-18, 02:56 PM
Did you get the walking boost character?

No, I didn't want the walker/boost, even after the price was lowered.

PrincessCupOButter
04-07-18, 02:58 PM
Maybe the Sanctuary will eventually get put in the market for a gem purchase. I won't be getting it.

I had to buy a white poppy flower the other day so I could put it in inventory, and then find my other 30+ white poppy.

I won’t be getting the sanctuary either. That should have been part of the prize IMO. If it had better or different drops maybe, but I have so many sources for wood products that it isn’t worth it to me. Drops have become my top priority when choosing what to purchase.

About the poppy, I had to laugh out loud! I do the same thing. I’ll be in trouble when I hit the limit on those plants. I guess if I reach that point, I’ll have to start leaving one of each on the board to pop into storage when I neeed to find them. They really need to work on that one storage tabs. Sigh.

chewingthecud
04-07-18, 06:19 PM
My nectar drops have been abysmal so I am still plugging along on quest 11. To my absolute amazement I just got 6 out of 6 nectars drop. Maybe this means they have upped the rate? I hope so for all of us still going. A ray of hope on the horizon??? :)

fish63
04-07-18, 06:32 PM
They lowered the price on the walker bear? Great I bought it at full price and had the higher numbers to make each item. I don’t understand. I spend way more than I should and still don’t get a break!

storiadelcastello
04-07-18, 08:23 PM
My nectar drops have been abysmal so I am still plugging along on quest 11. To my absolute amazement I just got 6 out of 6 nectars drop. Maybe this means they have upped the rate? I hope so for all of us still going. A ray of hope on the horizon??? :)

I?m crossing my fingers for you. May your good luck continue
I count my self really lucky if I get 3 drops. Usually I get 1 or 2. Twice I got four!!! Won?t be completing this event due to really unlucky drops plus getting the higher requirements on step 11. Totally unfair to make some people get more items especially when the drops for nectar are so bad. I have played everyday throughout the day and still no where near completing. If we put the time in we should be able to get the prize. Shame on you S8

koalamama3
04-07-18, 08:29 PM

Always good to have hope but I wudnt count on it. The drop rate is ridiculous tat I'm not even sure I shud continue. I haven't even crafted one armour yet. A total of 10 shields to make 2 armours and I got less than 4 days left. All due to the slow and low nectar drops. S8 shud increase and offer extra nectar flowers for gems purchases like they've done in past events.

29vanilla
04-07-18, 08:29 PM
I?m crossing my fingers for you. May your good luck continue
I count my self really lucky if I get 3 drops. Usually I get 1 or 2. Twice I got four!!! Won?t be completing this event due to really unlucky drops plus getting the higher requirements on step 11. Totally unfair to make some people get more items especially when the drops for nectar are so bad. I have played everyday throughout the day and still no where near completing. If we put the time in we should be able to get the prize. Shame on you S8

Very true. I had time for one but when I went in to my other account I couldn?t do it right then. And I haven?t seen it pop up since.

So on my acct that I have to craft the higher quest requirements, my little flowers normally drop 1-2. Some times 0-1 and on rare occasion 3. So I?m just hoping to get to the cannons. I missed the energy freak out time too. Other acct. also level 50 I have lower requirements; my flowers regularly drop 2-3 and rarely 4. I did burn thru several trees and rocks with the energy gift; but I think I still won?t finish. Trying but not setting alarms.

Passera
04-07-18, 11:37 PM
Throwing in the towel on this. Only on goal 9 and still need two more shields to make second warrior there?s no way I?ll get enough nectar to continue on. My bad for not reading all the requirements or else I would have quit sooner and saved my coins and energy!!

olma_ru
04-08-18, 12:23 AM
To my absolute amazement I just got 6 out of 6 nectars drop. Maybe this means they have upped the rate?
It just means next time you will get no more than one...

PurpleScorpion76
04-08-18, 12:29 AM
If I?ve read the forum goals right, I should start crafting my last Shield in just under an hour I?m on Goal 11 then all I?ve got is one Cannon. Drops for the last 24 hours on Nectar seemed to have reduced, maybe it?s just bad luck but I usually notice 1-2 drops then the next collection more like 3-4. Haven?t had a 3-4 for a few collections now so hoping for a big collect soon. So hopefully I should finish sometime tomorrow. But I haven?t enjoyed this really, I?ve been plugging away, not really knowing what I?m aiming for, it?s only because of reading the forum I?ve read what to expect prize wise, and even then there?s an element of anti climax waiting for me I?m sure. I saw the splash screen for next weeks and really not sure what I?m going to do with it. I suppose I keep playing hoping for crowns or the potential for an energy dropping animal, or a really lovely looking item to collect from that I?ll like seeing in my kingdom. Even though I?m at a loss as to what to do with all this energy. But this morning I collected from an Alicorn to chop the 60 chop tree for 2 mossy wood ergh. I don?t want it hanging around so have to get rid of it.

AinoDK
04-08-18, 01:33 AM

If all event-related items were moved to the existing Specials tab, problem would be solved

CharmOfLea
04-08-18, 01:50 AM

So funny you say that, I?m doing the same thing with all of the flowers, grasses, etc. Also, I hate looking for the chickens, so try keep one on the board... Don?t have one on the board currently. Here I go, silly me.

idrispad
04-08-18, 04:49 AM
Another one nectar collection.

Bored bored bored.

PurpleScorpion76
04-08-18, 06:09 AM
I just had one collection too, on the last one, but think that’s all I need of Nectar now, should finish goal 11 earlier than I thought, the Cannon should be ready to collect from in just over 2 hours. Then on to goal 12. Thank god, I do think goal 11 was enough to drive all of us mad. I certainly think that s8 need to revise the length of some of these goals. Based on what I’ve read the next few should have me complete the event within 24 hours, but still, too long to have a goal last days in a timed event like this, too many people thinking they won’t complete it, and therefore finish where they’ve got to, rather than being given hope they can complete it. It’s a toughie, because others like me that can put more hours in to it, would finish way too early to make them challenges, but others shouldn’t feel they have to gem spend.

beefus
04-08-18, 07:35 AM
Oh, I wish...

The Mushroom people have already joined with the Trolls... They appear to have selected Agni as their Queen and even though Kaz is still the trolls Kingdom Emissary, it appears Agni has taken the Stupid Troll, I'm sorry, the CUPID Troll as her right hand. I have my eye on them...

There's a bunch of fairies that have taken over the faerie woods (I guess that's appropriate)

And with the recent addition of the Gnomes, who completely took over anything that looked like a Mine.
(Not to be confused with the statement of "Mine, Mine, Mine," from the seagulls in Finding Nemo.)

I'm left with the MOothraki just throwing up fortified fencing wherever they want and carving a chunk right out of the middle.

Within the hour Bran will emerge from the Wagon and we're gonna have a little talk about Kingdom realignment.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
MOo!

Ok... so I think we've come to an agreement...

If I let Bran bulldoze the horse pasture, give him control of whatever horses remain, and let him dam the river flowing into the southern swampy area of the trolls land, we can exist peacefully.

When I asked Bran what he was giving up in order to make this agreement an equal exchange, he said, "*Burp* *burp*"

Rude.

I pointed out that if he wants access to land that has already been ceded to the trolls, he would need to talk to Kaz. I will not speak for the trolls when they have a voice.

I'll let you know how that turns out.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
Beef

Good MOorning all ya'all,

I only pass this information on in the hope that the time we spent and the knowledge we gained in negotiations can be used by another kingdom in their attempts at peace.

I believe the treaty's have finally been ironed out... Humans, Trolls, Gnomes, Fungi's and MOothraki. It's tentative, but it's there.

The MOothraki have decided to stay. This has been determined by the fact that they are now in the Market, under Animals. (And this doesn't seem to offend them... go figure.)

Anyway, Bran will be going back to the woods, assuming the leadership of the MOothraki. King Bran... imagine that.

He will be taking a few horses with him, as he finds them to be faster than his current bears, pigs because he found them to be "*burp*," and a wagon load of old cow skulls we had laying around. (He needs new bones for their armor and we needed to clean up that bone pile out behind the stables...(#goCarnivore) That was a win win, I tell you what.)

Bran has also decided to leave his cannons behind as they are too heavy to transport and the watch towers, because, "*Burp*". (Thurston said that meant "You're gonna need 'em..." When I asked Bran what he meant by that... he just grinned at me from behind that skull of his.)
A few of his men will also be staying. A few more warriors or knights may come join our forces in the future. (But that will of course depend on if they go on sale or end up being cheaper then 400 gems, but I digress. #stayOnStory)
The MOothraki believe, in working with the Trolls and Fungi's, they can eventually reroute the river. Allowing me to replace river pieces with MOothraki fencing, opening up tons of space.

Some special news, when it comes to me... Bran performed a ceremony, accepting me into their tribe!!! I was\am *SO* honored. Title and everything!

I am Chief Beef of the MOothraki!! MOo! errr *BURP* even!!!

Bran will remain for a few more days... completing my indoctrination, helping me with a few of the more esoteric "rules" within their society, getting ready for his trip home. Eventually, he even promised to give back the "chair" he stole from Agni. (Which is good because she has NOT been comfortable utilizing Cupids old one he pulled out of the closet for her.

I am so thrilled and honored to be part of the tribe.

Thanks all for letting this play out publicly... it made it easier when sitting at the negotiations table. Knowing everything was going to be made public, everyone behaved and even used their manner! (Bran even said *burp* after he said *Burp*, several times.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
Chief Beef,
MOo!

ShibuyaCloth
04-08-18, 07:49 AM
Hmmm, they definitively had a bit too much booze!
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/CastleStory-Defect-20180408.png

PurpleScorpion76
04-08-18, 09:38 AM

I actually put all my cider making stuff away during this event because of room issues. I maxed out on acer berries of course. Lol.

hossct
04-08-18, 10:00 AM
A total waste of time on this quest on my side, not to mention coal. I still need six shields to finish 11 and have pulled one nectar each of last two tries and I just know there?s no chance of completing 11. Aborting mission and getting back to regular quests now. I?m level 41 and not glued to game but pretty consistent and can tell I?ve wasted too much on this one already.

jlpotts
04-08-18, 11:07 AM
I agree, there is no way of getting this done if you work and have a family. :(

MoonVillage3
04-08-18, 11:32 AM
finally... and crafting the warrior ends the event.
my woodland wagon has turned into fruit basket crafting.. so I put them all beside the Vinyard accessories added booze.. and let them *burp* in peace beside the mines.. no one will hear. I've really had too many *burps*

butterfly_25
04-08-18, 11:38 AM
The sync errors will stop once you update to 2.2 :), I see that you're still on 2.1.

This is not true for me whatsoever. I have had constant resets. It's basically a daily thing, even if I've had the game active and actually in use for awhile.

And it seems to have happened a lot more since completing the Castle Story survey that popped up yesterday.

meme1098
04-08-18, 12:38 PM
So funny you say that, I?m doing the same thing with all of the flowers, grasses, etc. Also, I hate looking for the chickens, so try keep one on the board... Don?t have one on the board currently. Here I go, silly me.

No chickens? Do you not do the egg & dairy exchange for permits in the royal exchange? I have about 20+ on the board so I can keep that one going most of the day.

katbtodd
04-08-18, 02:23 PM
I actually put all my cider making stuff away during this event because of room issues. I maxed out on acer berries of course. Lol.

But we can't craft in it I tried

CharmOfLea
04-08-18, 02:53 PM
No chickens? Do you not do the egg & dairy exchange for permits in the royal exchange? I have about 20+ on the board so I can keep that one going most of the day.

No energy for that during events. I opt for longer trades with stored materials. Plus when I need space into the cellar they go. But I forgot to leave one out this time. :rolleyes:

xtina1585
04-08-18, 03:35 PM
Thankfully I’m on my second to last goal! Waiting for the sword to repair and then I’m off to fight the Mothraki king again then I should be able to craft the knight with plenty of time to spare! I did go a bit crazy on the rock and tree chopping during my unlimited energy so I have over 200 each of the mossy wood and ore to spare. But no gems spent and reasonable play time so I’m thrilled this event worked out for me. I did have the lower requirements thank goodness. Good luck to the rest of you trying to finish!

PurpleScorpion76
04-08-18, 03:43 PM
No energy for that during events. I opt for longer trades with stored materials. Plus when I need space into the cellar they go. But I forgot to leave one out this time. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, I only do trades that supply extra items during the events, it?s when the first item is no longer need to collect, stops (this time if was collecting from the mine for those lasso?s) then I can start to use energy elsewhere, then it?s egg and milk trade and other things, this time mermaid items from chopping.

Add: I finished about two hours ago, so I’ll be replenishing stocks, chopping mermaid Corals etc and doing trades, while contemplating not participating in the next event. I really don’t need more foxes. We’ll see if I cave in case it’s a good item.

metacastle
04-08-18, 05:30 PM
Good MOorning all ya'all,

I only pass this information on in the hope that the time we spent and the knowledge we gained in negotiations can be used by another kingdom in their attempts at peace.

I believe the treaty's have finally been ironed out... Humans, Trolls, Gnomes, Fungi's and MOothraki. It's tentative, but it's there.

The MOothraki have decided to stay. This has been determined by the fact that they are now in the Market, under Animals. (And this doesn't seem to offend them... go figure.)

Anyway, Bran will be going back to the woods, assuming the leadership of the MOothraki. King Bran... imagine that.

He will be taking a few horses with him, as he finds them to be faster than his current bears, pigs because he found them to be "*burp*," and a wagon load of old cow skulls we had laying around. (He needs new bones for their armor and we needed to clean up that bone pile out behind the stables...(#goCarnivore) That was a win win, I tell you what.)

Bran has also decided to leave his cannons behind as they are too heavy to transport and the watch towers, because, "*Burp*". (Thurston said that meant "You're gonna need 'em..." When I asked Bran what he meant by that... he just grinned at me from behind that skull of his.)
A few of his men will also be staying. A few more warriors or knights may come join our forces in the future. (But that will of course depend on if they go on sale or end up being cheaper then 400 gems, but I digress. #stayOnStory)
The MOothraki believe, in working with the Trolls and Fungi's, they can eventually reroute the river. Allowing me to replace river pieces with MOothraki fencing, opening up tons of space.

Some special news, when it comes to me... Bran performed a ceremony, accepting me into their tribe!!! I was\am *SO* honored. Title and everything!

I am Chief Beef of the MOothraki!! MOo! errr *BURP* even!!!

Bran will remain for a few more days... completing my indoctrination, helping me with a few of the more esoteric "rules" within their society, getting ready for his trip home. Eventually, he even promised to give back the "chair" he stole from Agni. (Which is good because she has NOT been comfortable utilizing Cupids old one he pulled out of the closet for her.

I am so thrilled and honored to be part of the tribe.

Thanks all for letting this play out publicly... it made it easier when sitting at the negotiations table. Knowing everything was going to be made public, everyone behaved and even used their manner! (Bran even said *burp* after he said *Burp*, several times.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
Chief Beef,
MOo!

Now this has made the entire event worth it for me! Congrats on a game well played 👍

peachtreeshoppe
04-08-18, 05:50 PM
I agree, there is no way of getting this done if you work and have a family. :(

Agreed. I did the Survey. I appreciate that they asked. I?m only checking 2-3 times a day now and would love to be able to take part but it isn?t looking so good. I?m almost ready for my second knight (goal 8 or so?) but at an average of a shield a day, there?s no way plus the chai mail and armor... My only hope is some random bonus nectar, a major shift in nectar drops or... something!

indycindyl
04-08-18, 06:24 PM
Did I miss a post on the mossy oak coming out the market? How do we finish if we can't buy the tree?

nukesters2
04-08-18, 06:33 PM
I am sorry if the information is here somewhere, I have looked so hard! I can not find the exact time and day this event ends, my timer says 3 days, and in the cart it says collect all crafts by april 12 at 6 pm PT. That is 4 days away. Can someone tell me how mch time I have left? I have one more sheild to make, should have it done by tomorrow morning, then armour 2 hours later. Thanks in advance!

indycindyl
04-08-18, 07:04 PM
Did I miss a post on the mossy oak coming out the market? How do we finish if we can't buy the tree? I restarted the game and now it's there .

CharmOfLea
04-08-18, 08:13 PM
I am sorry if the information is here somewhere, I have looked so hard! I can not find the exact time and day this event ends, my timer says 3 days, and in the cart it says collect all crafts by april 12 at 6 pm PT. That is 4 days away. Can someone tell me how mch time I have left? I have one more sheild to make, should have it done by tomorrow morning, then armour 2 hours later. Thanks in advance!

Only S8 can tell, since their numbers don’t make sense, again. You should be good thou by what I read.

nukesters2
04-08-18, 08:45 PM
Only S8 can tell, since their numbers don’t make sense, again. You should be good thou by what I read.

�� thanks for answering, they are really knocking it out of the park! Lol

CharmOfLea
04-08-18, 09:19 PM
U bet, any time. Wish me luck, I’m hanging by a thread. That nectar.

MoonVillage3
04-08-18, 10:03 PM
But we can't craft in it I tried

mine neither.. it's a dead end. I guess it's just a cover-up picture so we don't see the 'Lorem ipsum' Latin non-latin words, (for designers use) we were seeing before.

VersaceMorrow
04-08-18, 10:06 PM
Only S8 can tell, since their numbers don?t make sense, again. You should be good thou by what I read.

They always play fast and loose with the end day and time of events. I can't tell you how many time I've been screwed on this.

MoonVillage3
04-08-18, 10:57 PM

They always play fast and loose with the end day and time of events. I can't tell you how many time I've been screwed on this.

DON'T wait till the last minutes! it NEVER works out and.. terribly disappointing. I've been reading forum too many years and seen too many failures just because of this.

I suggest all in your position to calculate the shortest time between the two stated.. that means the one that expires first!
then finish ONE WHOLE HOUR before that to be in the safe-zone.. even if it means gemming your last Nectars.
other calculations are in the red zone! it's an automatic finish calculated by a computer and who knows if it's exactly on the same time as your device?
NEVER trust it.. make your precautions and you'll be safe.
Just like the beginning and during event has to be planned.. the end, which is the MOST important.. has to be planned too.

Good Luck!

kendysek
04-09-18, 01:24 AM
I gave up today. Actually I should do it sooner. I did the math and there's no way I can finish even if I'm not sleeping at all for the remaining three days. :(

janddolphins
04-09-18, 05:13 AM
I tried but really could not get into this one. I?m on my mermaid quest. With all these other events there is so little time to play it, a couple days will be nice just relax, advance, try to make all the money I lost back, and give mg other games some more playing time, but for those who are going for it best of luck!!!!!

deadpixel
04-09-18, 06:56 AM

Hmm... I got this at the end instead ...

CharlieGirl9
04-09-18, 08:59 AM

Good luck. Wish me the same luck. I still need 30 nectar, but I should be able to do that in two days. I haven't gemmed and I don't have the bear, but I do admit to setting timers, and I have a job where I can check my phone pretty easily most of the time.

EsmeW2
04-09-18, 09:52 AM
I've started doing some gemming for the nectar now. I still need more than 30. I'm never going to make it without doing this. I just can't manage to log on every hour an a half, and I quite like having a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. I'd give up, but I can't make myself do it after spending so much time on this event. I'm going to be much more careful about getting too committed in future. At least I can devote my energy to the mermaids for a couple of days now that I've done all of the chopping I need. It's just nectar that I'm short of.

I've loved the graphics for this event, but seem to have been on goal 11 forever, and it's ridiculously boring to complete too.

Oh and yes, I've also been making the base cider with extras from this event. No-one is allowed to drink it, I've-got a small cellarfull now and will save them in case they are useful in the future. I did a golden trade a few days ago and got 115 coins and a water as a reward, so wouldn't hurry to try that again!

1knitter
04-09-18, 10:48 AM
Is it just me, or have nectar drops slowed way down? I used to get 3-4/ collection from my six plants, lately just one

CharlieGirl9
04-09-18, 10:52 AM
Is it just me, or have nectar drops slowed way down? I used to get 3-4/ collection from my six plants, lately just one

I think it's just you. I have been averaging one all along. Unless you have the rider thing ...

LadyRissaRenae
04-09-18, 12:56 PM
I just finished crafting my two canons and I'm out of the race now. Averaging 1-2 nectar every 1 1/2 hours will not be enough to finish the outlandish number of shields I'd have to craft to finish. Oh well, I wasn't thrilled about the Dothraki... whoops, I mean Mothraki guys anyway.

1knitter
04-09-18, 01:09 PM
I think it's just you. I have been averaging one all along. Unless you have the rider thing ...

Yikes, sorry. I now know how frustrated you must be feeling. No rider over here.

CharlieGirl9
04-09-18, 01:37 PM
Yikes, sorry. I now know how frustrated you must be feeling. No rider over here.

I was exaggerating a little. I do 9-11 collections a day, and have collected 233.
It has worked out to 1.9 per collection so far.
The end is in sight, but there wont be much wriggle room.

izzyiza
04-09-18, 02:21 PM
Well, the last few events were achievable even if you had a day job (at least for me). Not this one... I?m stuck on part 11 and I think it will take me more than the number of days left because of the scarce number of nectars dropping from the flowers! :(

jkustak
04-09-18, 02:46 PM
I’ve never been this far from completion on these events. The level of disappointment after trying for two weeks is motivation to stop playing. Having a love shack is motivation to stay in the game.

storiadelcastello
04-09-18, 03:28 PM
Confused about the end goal? Is it the sanctuary or Sir Bram. Is he a walker?

CharmOfLea
04-09-18, 03:33 PM
Confused about the end goal? Is it the sanctuary or Sir Bram. Is he a walker?

Neither. It is the knight. The sanctuary is with cash only. The walker is with gems only.

AngieA67
04-09-18, 03:33 PM
Giving up...so sad as I used to enjoy these challenges...

CharmOfLea
04-09-18, 03:51 PM
Good luck. Wish me the same luck. I still need 30 nectar, but I should be able to do that in two days. I haven't gemmed and I don't have the bear, but I do admit to setting timers, and I have a job where I can check my phone pretty easily most of the time.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

I would love to set up the timer, but my work meetings would interfere. I am an old gamer, so sleeping with my iPad under my pillow, so I am able to jump in, is not foreign, but the price here is not close to worth it. Get real, S8.

Anyways, a game is just as good as the community behind it. And this one I like. All the best of luck right back at ya. Keep me posted. I am not gemming, no walker here either. Just plugging away. Hope it works out for you just fine.

MAC121980
04-09-18, 04:05 PM

I was wondering the same thing!! It?s taking me forever just to make one beam or block 😡 I was already thinking I wasn?t going to make the goal...now I?m sure of it 😡😡😡

spyd58
04-09-18, 05:08 PM
Just finished event with all souvenirs possible. Probably would not have without the Walker which I purchased on third day. Drops with Walker between 3 and 6 with 4 being most common. I did not purchase gems but instead I constantly look for those short videos to watch or new games to play to a certain level for gem rewards. Without the Walker do not think this event would be doable unless I Pad was strapped to chest.

ladlasse
04-09-18, 06:03 PM
I finished this event yesterday. I did not buy the Walker. I did spend 10 gems total to buy a nectar two different times (5 gems each time) when I didn't want to wait for the next collection, but I was able to collect from the flowers pretty often. I mostly had about 3 nectars per collection, but the last few days it seemed more like 1 or 2. The unlimited energy helped me clear rocks and trees for the mossy wood and ore needed. During this event I was also able to finish the Of Land and Sea event finishing with the visit with Heska in prison this morning. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I would make it, but the weekend warrior event helped with energy needs.

amberly321
04-09-18, 06:10 PM
If I purchase the woodland bundle would the one woodland armor count towards the two needed for step 11?

ladlasse
04-09-18, 06:10 PM
My woodland wagon says locked until level 7. I can't take a picture of it, but I don't get the cider or aquather crating that others have shown.

storiadelcastello
04-09-18, 06:20 PM
Neither. It is the knight. The sanctuary is with cash only. The walker is with gems only.

That?s me out. Not going to put in more effort for a Knight I don?t need. Happy with my two cannons but not impressed with higher demands for no reason. Happy for lower levels to have lower requirements but seemingly arbitrary differences left me feeling unloved and unlucky. Especially when combined with really lousy drop rates of nectar

Good luck to those who are sticking to the chase and well done all those who managed to complete the quest. I applaud your good luck and hard work

spyd58
04-09-18, 06:36 PM
Will have to say the two bouts of unlimited NRG did help and I as well just finished visiting Heska in prison. The Woodland Wagon however is showing reflection of screens of Crystal Ball or Pond of Sight depending on what I looked at last. Before that it said locked till level 7 and backround had Spanish I think.

spyd58
04-09-18, 06:55 PM
OK, this is strange. Woodland Wagon mirrors last screen of a visit to Arboretum andIvy’s Nursery as well as Pond of Sight and Crystal Ball. When you try and do trade from wagon, will not work.

SpiritWind00
04-09-18, 07:50 PM
OK, this is strange. Woodland Wagon mirrors last screen of a visit to Arboretum andIvy’s Nursery as well as Pond of Sight and Crystal Ball. When you try and do trade from wagon, will not work.
It's just a graphics glitch, so if you're finished, you can safely store the wagon now. :)

29vanilla
04-09-18, 08:12 PM

Same here. Ever since I got to goal 11.

perry5
04-09-18, 09:30 PM
Also seeing much lower drops of nectar...mostly one or two per six flowers. Really disappointing as I was hoping I could catch up on this quest after being out of town for five days. Not looking like I will be able to finish this one.

eastie41
04-10-18, 12:52 AM
FYI - - -

I?ve collected twice from the Mothraki Knight. Both times, he dropped light armor.

YES, I am accepting new neighbors.:cool:

riverly
04-10-18, 06:54 AM
I got a lot done by bowing out of this quest early. This is my way of protesting the random higher requirements. I probably could have finished. but like someone posted, they make the rules-I don't have to follow them though.

idrispad
04-10-18, 07:20 AM
By some miracle I?ve just finished this. No gems, just a couple of Fast Worker boosts at strategic times.

I have the dull ?lorem ipsum? graphic in my wagon and ?locked until level 7?.

Edit: I also had the higher requirements

myhsplace
04-10-18, 07:52 AM
i don't know why ONE knight needs two woodland armor, seems like that was a big mistake on developers part!
if it had of been one, this would of maybe still been doable with the higher requirements and lousy 1-2 nectar every single time (except twice, got 4 and 6 but, that was it, 2 and mostly 1 was my norm).. i have one armor done only and play regularly and am still not going to finish unless of course i fork out $10 for the package which i refuse to do this time around cause it seems like event was designed for lots of us to be a failure unless we purchase package or gem rider!!

this was a lot of work, time and energy use to end up not completing it. your random drops S8 stink!!

HuckleTown
04-10-18, 08:25 AM
I guess the one positive of this event:

I knew right away S8 was forcing gem use to finish this (400 gems to get decent drops) so I didn't even start.

It's bad enough these events can only be finished by using gems or playing 24/7, but now they require gems and S8 randomly assigned different levels.

Refuse to spend money now. Just despicable.

jesslc41
04-10-18, 09:18 AM
I know I shouldn't expect this game to make sense, but...
This quest line said we are helping the Mothraki people, so why are we fighting the Mothraki King in goals 12 and 13? I thought they were being attacked by enemies. :confused:

I guess we're actually helping the Mothraki to start a revolution and overthrow the monachy then...? :rolleyes:

beefus
04-10-18, 09:46 AM
I know I shouldn't expect this game to make sense, but...
This quest line said we are helping the Mothraki people, so why are we fighting the Mothraki King in goals 12 and 13? I thought they were being attacked by enemies. :confused:

I guess we're actually helping the Mothraki to start a revolution and overthrow the monachy then...? :rolleyes:

Right.

The old MOothraki King was mean, cruel and didn't allow his people to MOo. (He made them oink or worse, baaa. #sad)

So Bran asked us for our help. (Remember... *burp* *burp* *burp*...)

We have forged a new and lasting relationship with the woodland folk that will stand for generations.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
MOo!

beefus
04-10-18, 09:49 AM
i don't know why ONE knight needs two woodland armor, seems like that was a big mistake on developers part!
if it had of been one, this would of maybe still been doable with the higher requirements and lousy 1-2 nectar every single time (except twice, got 4 and 6 but, that was it, 2 and mostly 1 was my norm).. i have one armor done only and play regularly and am still not going to finish unless of course i fork out $10 for the package which i refuse to do this time around cause it seems like event was designed for lots of us to be a failure unless we purchase package or gem rider!!

this was a lot of work, time and energy use to end up not completing it. your random drops S8 stink!!

... In case he gets a hole in the knee ... or he got one dirty and it's at the cleaners...

I mean, if he is going to be Thurstons backup.

MOo
Chief Beef

garysafb
04-10-18, 10:56 AM
I would still like to know why we didn't receive ANY CROWNS for this near impossible quest. I was able to finish but it was extremely challenging. I had the HIGHER requirements too.

Andro45
04-10-18, 11:32 AM
Well, I'm losing this war. It took me almost a week to get 4 shields in my #2 kingdom and I'm crafting the warrior now. In my #1 kingdom I'm currently crafting the second warrior. With a day at work with no chance at playing ahead, I doubt I'll get much further. I had the higher requirements in both kingdoms, but I don't think that made much of a difference. I needed too much time to make the shields.

Do the bulls drop anything useful other than the fur? If not I won't even bother buying them.

I didn't read all of this thread, so it might be mentioned before, but it looks like S8 got some of their ideas from Game of thrones...(and I have a feeling this wasn't the first time).

GC5410
04-10-18, 03:02 PM
I haven?t quite finished yet, as I only do a few nectar collections per day. Considering I don?t have the walker, I think I?ve been really lucky with nectar drops (although it shouldn?t really be coded that way if they want to make a difference from having the walker), as some days I?ve been getting 3, 4 or 5 nectar drops out of 6 collections and some days it?s been 1 or 2. Today was 1 or 2 or 3, except my latest collection was 5. I?d say my average overall, for the whole event, has been 4 drops, which seems high without the walker.

Well done everyone who has finished :) I hope to do so too. Can?t say I?ve really enjoyed this event though.....too much time doing the same thing! To take a positive from it though.......have got enough golem milk for baby glimmer golem and almost enough dire boar milk for baby dire boar, from all the rock chopping! YAY!

podunkiana
04-10-18, 05:25 PM
It seems woodland wagon has turned into non-working sweetheart shack

coolssp
04-10-18, 06:06 PM
Was able to craft one armour but with one day left and 1-2 nectar drop per collection, no way I can craft 5 shields :( second event that I couldn't finish since I started playing... (first being Oynx temple but then I was traveling without access to the game for 5 days)

AngieA67
04-10-18, 08:16 PM
I've been playing since 2012 and have spent an unknown amount of money but I QUIT!

scavaig
04-10-18, 11:55 PM
By some miracle I?ve just finished this. No gems, just a couple of Fast Worker boosts at strategic times.

I have the dull ?lorem ipsum? graphic in my wagon and ?locked until level 7?.

Edit: I also had the higher requirements

Well done !! Just wondered if you had the walker? I would like to know if this quest WAs possible without spending gems at all - which would include the 400 ( or reduced price) gems for the walker.

idrispad
04-11-18, 01:15 AM
Well done !! Just wondered if you had the walker? I would like to know if this quest WAs possible without spending gems at all - which would include the 400 ( or reduced price) gems for the walker.

No, I spent no gems at all.

I tried to remember to collect from the flowers as soon as they were ready but I wasn’t religious about it other than in my last two days when I made an effort to collect on time.

I didn’t get the “weekend warrior” energy either.

I have to say I was a little surprised that I finished early.

Anaboe
04-11-18, 01:46 AM
I do hape we get a poll here... am wondering how many finished without spending gems.

kendysek
04-11-18, 01:53 AM
Finishing for me was impossible due to low drops from flowers. From the beginning I got mostly one drop from six flowers. How can anyone got 4 without the walker?
Another event when finishing is not based on what level you are and what energy sources you have.

Nimlandy
04-11-18, 02:20 AM
I was away Monday to Friday last week but I was still in WiFi and still got a good bit done. Not enough though. Im stuck at 11 with 1 cannon, 2 armour, and no sheilds done.

Im not exactly sad about missing out on the prize. But it is annoying. I had all of the higher requirements and I think without that I would actually have finished *shrug* oh well.

I did spend gems cos I had checked goal 11 and didnt realize how screwed I was... but I didnt buy any. And I wont buy any to replace the spent ones.

I could really do with just a big non timed story/event. I dont mind lots of requirements and I wouldnt mind being higher requirements if it wasnt timed!!!

Is it just my phone that shows apostrophes as question marks?

0LIW0
04-11-18, 03:24 AM
Nope. Not gonna be finishing this. -.-

SpiritWind00
04-11-18, 03:46 AM
Poll created. I hope it covers off on questions raised throughout the event... open for 4 days. You may need to log in and change to Full Site to see the poll. (you can always tell if there is a poll on a thread as the icon changes in the name of the thread.)

Good luck to those still going. There was a splash screen in game today and it said:

Complete the event by 4/11 6PM PT. The knight has a chance to drop the displayed items (hearty feast, simple feast, light armor, longswords and mithril).

danzplace
04-11-18, 04:25 AM
Thanks SW. did finish, did use gems, for my convenience not for thsure rider though. Cute stuff boring event. Even liked the storyline somewhat but was ok much chopping. Would have spent more gems at night for my convenience if I knew I would finish.

Would love to see these storylines continue to fill in th backstory, like the Barons grandmother.

katbtodd
04-11-18, 05:13 AM
Here is the splash screen of the drops

Nimlandy
04-11-18, 05:45 AM
****, didn?t see that it was multiple choice... didn?t enjoy. Someone add that in for me? If you?re feeling neutral, maybe bump it up to disagree to count me in :)

CharlieGirl9
04-11-18, 07:18 AM
I finished this morning with a whole day to spare. I didn't enjoy it all that much. For the last few days, I had set alarms and all I was doing was checking in and collecting the nectar. I wasn't at all interested in the story line of the challenge (I still don't understand it, and don't care enough to work out what was going on). Of course I like monster hunts because the prizes are good, but I also like challenges where there is some attempt at a story and the thing progresses, rather than just doing the same thing for two weeks.

Edit: The multiple choice didn't capture my experience. Finished; used a few gems to speed every now and then; accidentally sped up a stable in the frenzy of the 10 minute energy blitz; didn't buy the bear.

UnkelFester
04-11-18, 07:21 AM
Well I managed to finish this with eleven hours to spare. I didn't buy the Rider, but was on the lower requirements for the Woodland Shields.
Step 11 seemed to go on for ever! Inconsistent drops of Woodland Nectar from the flowers, often one or two, sometimes three, very occasionally four or five. I used a couple of gems once to speed up a workshop before bedtime, otherwise no gems used.

Nice of S8 to let us know with a splash screen what the Mothraki Knight drops - with less than a day to go. We were blindly chopping for days without knowing what the ultimate goal was and what it would drop! I've voted neutral as it was another event with far too much chopping, and frustrating random drops, but at least Ivy's Hut wasn't involved this time...

stygimoloch
04-11-18, 07:22 AM
I've been playing since 2012 and have spent an unknown amount of money but I QUIT!

I am about to do the same. Good decision.

CharlieGirl9
04-11-18, 07:26 AM
Thanks SW. did finish, did use gems, for my convenience not for thsure rider though. Cute stuff boring event. Even liked the storyline somewhat but was ok much chopping. Would have spent more gems at night for my convenience if I knew I would finish.

Would love to see these storylines continue to fill in th backstory, like the Barons grandmother.

Good idea. I would love some more stories with characters we know, and she is certainly a character. Bring on the Castle Story.

stygimoloch
04-11-18, 07:34 AM
Is it just my phone that shows apostrophes as question marks?

My iPhone does the same thing to apostrophes’ and exclamation points! Sometimes.

LadyRissaRenae
04-11-18, 07:51 AM
I played the event up until I crafted my 2 canons then dropped out. So, I didn't finish goal 11. I wouldn't have minded continuing, even though the goals were outlandish. The nectar drop was what did it for me. 1-2 AT BEST. I had a few collections where I'd get 0 nectar from all 6 flowers. I also had the higher requirements which put me back even further.

Given we had a limit of 6 flowers, the drops should have at least 75%.

beefus
04-11-18, 08:21 AM
MOorning ya'all,

In the poll, I would have liked to have seen a little breakdown:
I enjoyed the Event and had the Lesser requirements.
I did not enjoy the Event and had the Lesser requirements.
I enjoyed the Event and had the Greater requirements.
I did not enjoy the Event and had the Greater requirements.

Or even just:
I had the Great Req's
I had the Lesser Req's

Ya know, to kinda get an overall idea of how the divide came about... seeing as a consensus cannot be formed as to exactly what caused Kingdom A to get dif req's vs Kingdom B. Check out another of the "random dice rolls."

Just curious.

All Hail the MOothraki!!
MOo!

PrincessCupOButter
04-11-18, 08:41 AM
I agree with beefus. I would have liked to see questions about the higher and lower requirements. How many players who responded negatively might have had a better experience if not for the higher requirements?

For me personally, I had the lower requirements, and I am not sure I could have finished if I had the higher ones. I do know that seeing neighbors struggle with harder requirements left a bitter taste. It is hard to enjoy something when others are being deliberately hampered for no apparent reason. This is not, and has never been, a competitive game. (With the exception of those awful leaderboard events.)

I did complete this one, only because I had started it, before knowing all that it entailed. And I did so without using a single gem and without purchasing the walker or any value packages. I also skipped the weekend warrior side goals. Energy was not the issue this time, drops were. And while the knight has very good drops, imo, the reward was definitely not worth the amount of work required to achieve it. I just hope his drops don?t dry up as quickly as the drops from the gnomes acquired last event. (Those little fighting ones stopped dropping feasts as soon as this event started. )

I do feel as though S8 was experimenting with creating a competitive spirit, possibly to derail the spirit of cooperation that usually dominates the forum. Whatever their reasons, I resent it and it did affect my enjoyment of the game.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-11-18, 08:53 AM
Agree with beef & bingo!
I had the higher requirements all the way through and don't know if I could have finished if I hadn't bought the Rider when it went on sale.
Having different requirements for no other apparent reason than to pit players against one another is NOT my idea of fun!
And never getting an explanation about the diff requirements beyond "it's not a bug" still isn't sitting right with me, AT ALL.
Not cool, S8!
FUn.

meme1098
04-11-18, 09:37 AM
Like, like, & like! All 3 above⬆️.

I didn't even participate in this one & I'm just as resentful of the disparity in goal requirements! I would also like to know the *real* reason for the differences, S8.

beefus
04-11-18, 09:44 AM
For me personally, I had the lower requirements, and I am not sure I could have finished if I had the higher ones. I do know that seeing neighbors struggle with harder requirements left a bitter taste. It is hard to enjoy something when others are being deliberately hampered for no apparent reason. This is not, and has never been, a competitive game. (With the exception of those awful leaderboard events.)

I do feel as though S8 was experimenting with creating a competitive spirit, possibly to derail the spirit of cooperation that usually dominates the forum. Whatever their reasons, I resent it and it did affect my enjoyment of the game.

I too had the lower requirements, and I agree with the Princess.

MOo!

RevdKathy
04-11-18, 09:46 AM
There wasn't an option to say I hated this one.

I'm cross with myself for not dropping out sooner. I kept on hoping. If this is the way th game is heading, I can see me having lot more time for knitting.

maxiandtaz
04-11-18, 10:01 AM
I too have to voice my opinion. I will complete this event but only because I faithfully checked the flowers for nectar but I was one of those "un"lucky kingdoms that got the amount of 1-2 and even the great number of zero. That is what was holding me up. Oh wait then their was the issue of the higher requirements that again I was lucky enough to have. Wow thanks for the great obstacles you did get 65 gems out of me once to buy a nectar and 60 to buy a shield. Only because I felt I put so much time and energy into it I didn't want it all to be in vain. I will tell you my $20 a week budget will definitely go towards something other than s8 that's for sure.

Edit: since I posted last and bought my final shield I collected from my nectar flowers just because was curious both times Get Ready got 6 nectars each time 1 from every flower. Really what a slap in the face that was. I will continue to collect from them every time just to see how many I will end up with curious to know if others that finish will to then get 6 for 6.

GC5410
04-11-18, 11:07 AM
I’ve just finished!

Had the higher requirements and no walker (too expensive for me!), but was lucky with nectar drops and only did 4 to 6 collections per day, most days.

Definitely didn’t enjoy it at all!

I’d collected everything needed, except the nectar, all within the first week, so it’s been a whole week of just nectar collections, which is so boring!

garysafb
04-11-18, 11:13 AM
I finished with higher requirements. I did not buy walker, I spent 0 gems to complete. It was very tedious (step 11 was brutal) and extremely boring. I did not enjoy this event.

EsmeW2
04-11-18, 11:22 AM
Just to say that I've got two games. I didn't purchase the rider on either of them, and I finished and got Bran in armour on the one with higher requirements (although I had to use 30 or 40 gems to make blocks and beams when I didn't have nectar). I gave up yesterday on the second game where I had the lower requirements - because ultimately goal 11 was a ****er whatever your level and I had no chance of finishing without quite a few gems. The different requirements made minimal difference for me, the big issue was the nectar drops. I expect it would have been a lot easier with the rider. And I only kept going because I'm stubborn.

I'm so glad that's over, might sit the next one out. I think the message that you need to make some purchases if you want to enjoy these events is coming over loud and clear. But goal 11 would have been nasty, boring and repetitive even with the rider or value packs.

AnnirasSweets
04-11-18, 12:05 PM
I agree with beefus. I would have liked to see questions about the higher and lower requirements. How many players who responded negatively might have had a better experience if not for the higher requirements?

I did complete this one, only because I had started it, before knowing all that it entailed. And I did so without using a single gem and without purchasing the walker or any value packages. I also skipped the weekend warrior side goals. Energy was not the issue this time, drops were. And while the knight has very good drops, imo, the reward was definitely not worth the amount of work required to achieve it. I just hope his drops don?t dry up as quickly as the drops from the gnomes acquired last event. (Those little fighting ones stopped dropping feasts as soon as this event started. )

I agree with everything you said. I also had the lower requirements and I still didn't enjoy the event. I bought the packages but only for the limited items (I have a problem, I know this and am trying to work on it) and they didn't raise my enjoyment either.

I surely hope they're not trying to stoke competitive spirit in this game, I also recall when they did the 2 LBs in this game that it didn't go very well. CS is a game I play for the sense of community and friendship, not because I want to win and feel like I'm better than others, ya know? There are a million games out there that are built on competitive formats, if I wanted, I'd play those games. I personally love that CS isn't focused on winning and doubt many of us would stick around if that's where they take it.

Surely S8 can see that this event was a catastrophe and they should stick with the standard event format. I've already decided I'm not starting the next event until I'm sure it won't be anything like this one. I play this game for enjoyment, which this event failed to give on every level.

Dqueenie
04-11-18, 12:22 PM
Don't think I will be able to finish this one. Just now finishing the 5th shield for the first armor. Have spent gems here and there to speed up a thing or two, but mostly for the nectar. Think it will be too costly to continue with that method.....although, I do have 232 gems left. Does anyone see a possibility with some creative speeding up or anything?

And after this event, my workers in the shop have informed me that they will not make me so much as a beam, they are headed to the taverns and much needed root beer. On top of that, the forgers are suing me over the canons and the GKSB (GlimmerKell Safety Board) is aghast that I would even make weapons like those, without proper testing and licensing! My legal battles are unprecedented atm.

I also had the higher requirements. But the real problem was the nectar, the coal, too many shields and the uselessness of the event items. They should have been helping out.

wamboltia
04-11-18, 12:25 PM
I didn’t participate and from the few post i’ve Read on the last couple of pages, it looks like I made the right decision.

LocalNews
04-11-18, 12:50 PM
One of the worst events in the Castle Story game. I spent plenty of effort with the time I had but goal 11 was just too much. I am a longtime player and if this event is the new norm, I will drop this game too. Maybe whoever thought this up did not realize how labor intensive this was. Games are supposed to be enjoyable and fun and in the past that is was Castle Story was and I hope continues to be. I hate events where you have to screen tap every 1 or 1 1/2 hours for days and days and get one, two or three items out of six items. I rarely got more and then used gems so I could have two items going in the workshops. It did me no good so I won?t even get past that level.

spyd58
04-11-18, 01:05 PM
I am pretty sure that without buying Walker I could have finished event without gems if I wasn?t OCD on collecting souvenirs. Walker did burn 400 gems and seems price was lowered (not sure I want to know how low) but should not be forced to spend gems on something to complete an event. Being collector, had to get the Walker. Hopefully next event will cause such disparities in the Realm!

29vanilla
04-11-18, 01:09 PM
I’m going to be short one shield wondering about the gem cost. It seems I would pay 60 gems for the shield to then craft my 2nd armor? Anyone there that knows to give me a quick answer?

CharmOfLea
04-11-18, 01:38 PM
Ai, this was not fun. Had the higher requirements and kept all my gems to myself till the end, but to my surprise I was able to finish with a couple of hours to spare. What saved the last week, was the unlimited energy, which I was able to use once. I chopped enough rocks and trees to be done with it. So thank you for that. Then worked on my mermaid goals, chopping cursed reefs is fun actually. I finally got a few marmoseas. If it weren't for them I would have probably just stopped logging in altogether. And somehow I must have collected enough nectar, I got me 2 souvenirs. This event was just too boring for me. It is not the first time I've gotten bored and checked out, just the first time the mermaids saved me. :)

hackenbush74
04-11-18, 01:40 PM
I didn't think I was going to complete this one, but I barely made it. Level 50, didn't buy the Rider and didn't spend a single gem. I might need to take a break!

88silver
04-11-18, 03:42 PM
I had the higher requirements. I am going to wind up one shield short of the final goal. Which means that I would have finished if I had the lower requirements.

This is how you lose loyal players, S8.

bobbyrae
04-11-18, 03:45 PM
I just made it to goal 11. I have about 2 hours left on the timer. Needless to say I won’t complete this one. From the outset I knew I wasn’t going to be able to chop enough trees & rocks, **** enough bears and harvest enough flowers to complete it. I therefore, didn’t really try. I doubt I would have been able to complete it without using gems. If this is how future challenges will go, I won’t even bother to start them. What’s the point?

maxiandtaz
04-11-18, 03:47 PM
Yes that is exactly what I did 60 gems = 1 shield

janf2
04-11-18, 03:51 PM
Spend every gem I had and still no way I will finish :-( just cant get enough resources with the time I have.
So has been a complete waste of my time, coins and gems with nothing to show for it .
For once I would like something I can actually complete.

peachtreeshoppe
04-11-18, 04:04 PM
I got stuck on goal 9. Once I realized how long shields were taking, I went slower and didn't stress to check in frequently, but still progressed in the hopes that it'd somehow become easier. It didn't.

I didn't see a choice in the poll for this so I'm adding I believe I spent a couple gems to speed up something at some point, but not on the rider. Plus I used some boosts for the workshop.

Still not enough though.

Thanks for listening!

sunnygirl210
04-11-18, 04:35 PM
I think I finished, but the trade wagon says locked until level 7 and I have the Latin inscription on the side. It says that my items must be in storage to fuse, so I put all the even stuff in storage, but nothing changed. I also closed out and force restarted. Am I missing something? Is there something left to fuse or get as the final prize? I don’t want to miss out on finishing something and I tried to look through the pages and couldn’t find it.

vickyville14
04-11-18, 04:44 PM
I didn't finish the two armor. Woodland Nectar had a terrible drop rate for me. I could never get enough to make the blocks and beams. I found the event very frustrating. Do the developers actually expect us to play 24/7?

Also my screen is really jumpy. I try to drag the realm screen over to pan to another area; things are blank. I accidently skipped by Barracks collection ahead and lost ~85 gems. So angry!!

maiden85
04-11-18, 05:14 PM
I just finished. My categories were not represented in the poll. I did not buy the walker. I only used gems to speed up a set of flowers for nectar, to speed the last three crafts, and speeding OT’s house. I figured I got the gems by watching videos so they were free anyway. I was so close to finishing step 11 that I just didn’t want to drop it. I didn’t enjoy the event. It was pretty ho-hum. Even though it was a fairly easy event, the amounts needed for step 11 were just too much and the nectar drops were abysmal. I may sit out the next event unless the prizes are truly spectacular. I’m not really sure why I felt the need to finish this one except to complete the ‘set’.

sunnygirl210
04-11-18, 05:21 PM
I just finished. My categories were not represented in the poll. I did not buy the walker. I only used gems to speed up a set of flowers for nectar, to speed the last three crafts, and speeding OT?s house. I figured I got the gems by watching videos so they were free anyway. I was so close to finishing step 11 that I just didn?t want to drop it. I didn?t enjoy the event. It was pretty ho-hum. Even though it was a fairly easy event, the amounts needed for step 11 were just too much and the nectar drops were abysmal. I may sit out the next event unless the prizes are truly spectacular. I?m not really sure why I felt the need to finish this one except to complete the ?set?.

Me too, I spent about 80 gems total getting to the end. Once I finished I wondered why the heck I did that. I think they are depending on our need to finish what we started, especially when you are so close to the end. I?ll definitely think twice next time.

bobbyrae
04-11-18, 05:41 PM
Me too, I spent about 80 gems total getting to the end. Once I finished I wondered why the heck I did that. I think they are depending on our need to finish what we started, especially when you are so close to the end. I’ll definitely think twice next time.

yeah. I’m not feeding that need to finish anymore. I’m so over that. Lol. Wherever in the goal thread I get when the timer ends is where I’ll be. No worries at all.

sophie_luv
04-11-18, 05:43 PM
I bought the bear bundle and finished.
I didn?t have interested for the rider.

izzyiza
04-11-18, 06:16 PM
I jus got a survey monkey questionnaire in the game to comment on this event. That was one of the worst events in a while! The last ones were achievable, yet challenging, for someone with a life and ? job. This one was not achievable, too many requirements, not enough ropes fond nectar, etc.

Dqueenie
04-11-18, 06:17 PM
I also would have liked to have seen the option: I spent/used gems and still did not finish.

Deep sigh.

HuckleTown
04-11-18, 06:18 PM
Here is the splash screen of the drops

Wow, they finally let me know what the end goal was. Little late S8, although after reading everyone's experiences, I am very happy I never started.

For those with ? Instead of ' :
It's an iOS issue. Search the issue and you'll find how to change your keyboard setting to eliminate the problem.

WhidbeyPort
04-11-18, 06:28 PM
Me too, I spent about 80 gems total getting to the end. Once I finished I wondered why the heck I did that. I think they are depending on our need to finish what we started, especially when you are so close to the end. I?ll definitely think twice next time.

Me two. me three. Me four. I think many will rethink this. I had an extremely hectic personal life going today. So I thought I would only need to spend 60 gems for the last shield, but I messed up on leaving a monster parked so that cost me another 4 gems. Then a few other mishaps so I probably spent a about 78 gems in all. So mad! I did not like this event either. Whatever everyone else is saying, I totally agree!

neska04
04-11-18, 06:40 PM
Part of the problem is the prizes are a bit hit and miss: I understand it’s not possible to please all players all the time, and everyone’s requirements vary throughout their game-playing time. Some things are consistent though- energy-giving prizes are always popular (if the energy drop is not too miserly) as are drops which save energy - feasts, potions etc. I also appreciate things like apples, sheep and pigs in lower level kingdoms, as these are often difficult or expensive to obtain through normal game play. Whether it’s worth established players putting the effort in for them though is an individual decision. Single drops of wood or orange petals are difficult to get excited about, regardless of level.

Silvernomiko
04-11-18, 06:43 PM
Surprisingly, I just barely finished but my requirements were less as a lower player (I only needed 1 armor for the knight) and I just BARELY finished without spending gems. However, the drops for my Woodland blooms were 2-3 every harvest. Also, those Woodland Bears spawn 90-95% of the time I go to a resource generator. It got to the point that I kept a fangbeast in my ranch area just to stop auto-spawning them.

Woodland Shield: 2/3/3
Woodland Canon: 4/5/5

I don't understand the extreme variance in quest requirements. I understand lower values for a lower level player but the other quest variance is baffling. The redundancy that requires us to chop trees/mine rocks is mind-numbing and not at all engaging game play. Was not fun. I do like the canons for their drops though.

In case anyone was keeping track, my inf: Android 2.1.0.1 level 28, 1853 royal points, 1 recently crafted Alicorn. No other energy sources.

29vanilla
04-11-18, 06:45 PM
Got the 2 cannons and quit. I should have done the same in my other account WhidbeyPort where I probably wasted almost 80 gems just to finish. I had higher requests on this account. Missed the 2 energy goals. Drops on nectar were most 1-2 every 6. Sometimes zero or 3 and an ultra rare drop of 4 out of 6. The graphics were ok great for others if not everyone likes cute stuff. So that was a nice change. But so many goals, unfair goals across player base, time requirements to succeed in this event and others are becoming too extreme. Please provide more information up front so that players can make informed decisions on whether or not to even start the event. And shame on you for a 400 gem charge for the walker that may merely be a collectible. And then the slap in face drop the price a week later! What’s up with that!

Please get back to main story line on a more regular basis. Prep these events better in the future. You are losing many dedicated players. And 2.2 is glitchy all thru my game play. It has messed me up too.

CharmOfLea
04-11-18, 06:52 PM
Surprisingly, I just barely finished but my requirements were less as a lower player (I only needed 1 armor for the knight) and I just BARELY finished without spending gems. However, the drops for my Woodland blooms were 2-3 every harvest. Also, those Woodland Bears spawn 90-95% of the time I go to a resource generator. It got to the point that I kept a fangbeast in my ranch area just to stop auto-spawning them.

Woodland Shield: 2/3/3
Woodland Canon: 4/5/5

I don't understand the extreme variance in quest requirements. I understand lower values for a lower level player but the other quest variance is baffling. The redundancy that requires us to chop trees/mine rocks is mind-numbing and not at all engaging game play. Was not fun. I do like the canons for their drops though.

In case anyone was keeping track, my inf: Android 2.1.0.1 level 28, 1853 royal points, 1 recently crafted Alicorn. No other energy sources.
Hold on. What? For lower reqs it was 1 armor for the knight?? I hadn?t caught that. Woah, that is too much of a difference. Why don?t we don?t why this was?

comeseecomesah
04-11-18, 07:02 PM
I finished with rider bought full price.....only bought because I already had the gems,but won't do it again if they keep making event drops bad for everyone UNLESS they spend 400 gems to buy a booster.
I used to buy more gems/gold for s8 games when they were not so contrived and forceful. As one by one they became like that I started loosing interest and one by one I stopped playing. I'm left with cs but not sure for how much longer. I don't want to spend gems on events when I know I will HAVE TO keep spending them all the way through the event,or reach my budget but still not finish.
Also it's not a nice feeling when neighbours and people on forum are having such a hard time with their ' luck'.
A lot of people like me have played for years,spent lots of money and/or time, built up their kingdoms to make them nice and bought things and/or worked hard to win things to make things easier for the future, but a lot of those things are not that useful any longer.
This event was very frustrating and sad for me...the beginning of the end maybe, or I'll just play around with my kingdom.
See what tomorrow brings.
Congrats to those who finished, and I understand the frustration to those who didnt.

AnnirasSweets
04-11-18, 07:18 PM
Hold on. What? For lower reqs it was 1 armor for the knight?? I hadn?t caught that. Woah, that is too much of a difference. Why don?t we don?t why this was?

If you had the lower requirements, you still needed to craft 2 Armors the differing requirements were for the Woodland Tower and the Woodland Cannon. Not that this makes it right or okay at all, I think any variations (aside from lower levels) in event goals is unfair. Sadly I doubt S8 will ever explain themselves.

I think I finished, but the trade wagon says locked until level 7 and I have the Latin inscription on the side. It says that my items must be in storage to fuse, so I put all the even stuff in storage, but nothing changed. I also closed out and force restarted. Am I missing something? Is there something left to fuse or get as the final prize? I don’t want to miss out on finishing something and I tried to look through the pages and couldn’t find it.

If you have Sir Bran, then you've finished the event. The Woodland Wagon is useless after the event so if you do see anything in it, ignore it as it's just a glitch and any crafts displayed will not work.

EDIT: I just received the survey for this event in game and thought it was odd that they referred to it as "Into the Woods" event instead of "War of the Woodlands." Regardless of it's name I was brutally honest in the survey and hope they get the point.

Silvernomiko
04-11-18, 07:30 PM

In my Goal 11 requirements, it stated: 2 Cannons, 4 Chainmail, 1 Armor. My armor still required 4 chainmail, 4 woodland fur, 5 woodland shields. I had slightly different goals than any of the stated ones on the front page of this event.

However, I ABSOLUTELY would never have finished if it was 2 armors. I barely finished this goal with MINUTES to spare at 1 armor.

maiden85
04-11-18, 07:49 PM
I just finished. My categories were not represented in the poll. I did not buy the walker. I only used gems to speed up a set of flowers for nectar, to speed the last three crafts, and speeding OT’s house. I figured I got the gems by watching videos so they were free anyway. I was so close to finishing step 11 that I just didn’t want to drop it. I didn’t enjoy the event. It was pretty ho-hum. Even though it was a fairly easy event, the amounts needed for step 11 were just too much and the nectar drops were abysmal. I may sit out the next event unless the prizes are truly spectacular. I’m not really sure why I felt the need to finish this one except to complete the ‘set’.

((I thought I posted this about four hours ago, but came back and see it’s still here waiting for me. Oops.))

CharmOfLea
04-11-18, 07:58 PM
In my Goal 11 requirements, it stated: 2 Cannons, 4 Chainmail, 1 Armor. My armor still required 4 chainmail, 4 woodland fur, 5 woodland shields. I had slightly different goals than any of the stated ones on the front page of this event.

However, I ABSOLUTELY would never have finished if it was 2 armors. I barely finished this goal with MINUTES to spare at 1 armor.
I?m super happy for you. Glad you made it. May I ask, do you have a suspicion what caused you to have slightly different tasks? In my hands it was about 2 days to make 1 armor. You can?t just put about 2 days additionally on ppl at random, S8. So many didn?t make it. How is that even.. Whoa.

Silvernomiko
04-11-18, 08:20 PM
I?m super happy for you. Glad you made it. May I ask, do you have a suspicion what caused you to have slightly different tasks? In my hands it was about 2 days to make 1 armor. You can?t just put about 2 days additionally on ppl at random, S8. So many didn?t make it. How is that even.. Whoa.

Thank you but it's definitely bittersweet because clearly this Quest line was criminally unfair due to the requirement disparities (so many people who've played this game for WAY longer should've completed this quest with days to spare). The only thing I can think of is that Storm8 is trying to sample how quickly people can complete tasks (and how far they'll go to do so) and they're trying to pull data from different requirements while factoring in spawn rates and stuff. Hearing from the majority of people, they were incredibly stymied by the drop rate of the flowers compounded by the limited max total of them. I had steady 2-3 drops every harvest, which is a vastly different experience from this quest than everyone else. That's not right.

I also did both Weekend Warriors (I am fortunate to live in the states) but mine was the glitchy refills back up to max and I didn't know when it'd run out because there was no indication for it. Very confusing.

nukesters2
04-11-18, 08:37 PM
I just had another survey but about this event specifically. I am glad I got to do it, I spent $6.99 canadian 2 times tor the special
Bundles at the beginning which were energy heavy, allowing me to chop rocks and trees untill I limited out at 999 BUT thats not what we needed! I used about half of them, it was the low drops of nectar that were the problem! So I also used almost 100 gems to speed things up. As it was I finished 3 days early because there was also no clear end date for the event, and I didnt want to spend all that time and money and not finish! I do spend mny on this game, its the only one I do spend on, I love Castle Story!! I am very grateful I am able to spend some money on it. But this is the first event I felt was not fairly set up between players, I was stressed out about finshing, and the main prize was just not worth the amount of time energy stress and cash. If I had known the prize from the bginning, I would have spent my cash on gems tonust buy the walker that should have been the main prize.

CharmOfLea
04-11-18, 08:37 PM
Thank you but it's definitely bittersweet because clearly this Quest line was criminally unfair due to the requirement disparities (so many people who've played this game for WAY longer should've completed this quest with days to spare). The only thing I can think of is that Storm8 is trying to sample how quickly people can complete tasks (and how far they'll go to do so) and they're trying to pull data from different requirements while factoring in spawn rates and stuff. Hearing from the majority of people, they were incredibly stymied by the drop rate of the flowers compounded by the limited max total of them. I had steady 2-3 drops every harvest, which is a vastly different experience from this quest than everyone else. That's not right.

I also did both Weekend Warriors (I am fortunate to live in the states) but mine was the glitchy refills back up to max and I didn't know when it'd run out because there was no indication for it. Very confusing.

I was hoping for a hint, but I hear you, random. It’s difficult for me to assimilate that thought. Seems I’m still looking for the criteria. K. Next is random events. Hm.

Silvernomiko
04-11-18, 08:50 PM
I was hoping for a hint, but I hear you, random. It’s difficult for me to assimilate that thought. Seems I’m still looking for the criteria. K. Next is random events. Hm.

Sadly, I got nothing for you. :\ Just that I commiserate that it's unfair.

AnnirasSweets
04-11-18, 08:58 PM

Are you level 50?

jesslau9
04-11-18, 08:59 PM
Poll current result
Agree 15 9.09%
Neutral 36 21.82%
Disagree 99 60.00%

Goal 6: extra 1 woodland blocks, 1 woodland beams

Goal 9: 8 woodland shields = extra of 16?

Goal 11: some players goal will look like this:
* Build 2 Woodland Cannon = 2 extra woodland block, 2 woodland beam
* Forge 2 Chainmail = 10 woodland shields = 10 extra block, 10 extra beam

i didn't complete because I was so over it

Silvernomiko
04-11-18, 09:19 PM
Are you level 50?

No, I'm level 28.

I posted before, but here's all my info: Android 2.1.0.1 level 28, 1853 royal points, 1 recently crafted Alicorn. No other energy sources. No gem spending on speeding things up.

AnnirasSweets
04-11-18, 09:28 PM
No, I'm level 28.

I posted before, but here's all my info: Android 2.1.0.1 level 28, 1853 royal points, 1 recently crafted Alicorn. No other energy sources. No gem spending on speeding things up.

Okay, that makes sense then that you would only have to craft 1 Armor whereas the higher levels had to craft 2.

CharmOfLea
04-12-18, 02:27 AM
Okay, that makes sense then that you would only have to craft 1 Armor whereas the higher levels had to craft 2.

Okey then. So we had for higher level gamers: low and higher reqs. And we have for lower level a separate requirements. Did the lower level gamers have 2 different sets of reqs as well? I honestly have lost track.

MoonVillage3
04-12-18, 03:50 AM
I did finish event, before time, bought Walker full-price, had lower requirements, longtime L50, senior player. BUT even though my positive outcome of this event, as I consider this is a survey, would like to add my points.

....I bought the Woodland Walker as have collected all the walkers.. but did consider the price much too high for an object which after-event is useless and not donating anything toward the kingdom permanently.

....I considered the event was too time consuming and requirements excessive for 'leisure' playtime. Continuous all day hours of play was needed to fullfill requirements, making play compulsory, stressing, instead of relax and pleasure.

....I'm in the category of players with more time and I do understand who has more time to play gets further in the game, but when playtime has to be major than vital and basic necessities of living time (that is simple: sleep/ preparing meals/ consuming meals/ family/ housework/ daily chores) everything becomes obsessive, thus effecting me in stress, which is not desirable.

....I fully agree lower requirements for lower level kingdoms, but ALL higher level kingdoms should have the exact same requirements. This events' differences, even if was favorable to me, did cause undesirable feelings and discussions, thus, not uniting players to helping each other toward the same identical goal. CS is not a battling against each other game.. which, I would not have chosen, nor played all these years.

....Being a longtime senior player, I expect my favorite game to keep me company in my leisure hours, not to challenge me beyond obsessions, nor hinder daily living nor become an obligation. Real Life already presents these negatives. Only something interesting is required without stress.

Anaboe
04-12-18, 03:59 AM
18 shields of 3 blocks and beams each. That alone is too much time to be fun...

lilymonster4
04-12-18, 04:18 AM
I did finish event, before time, bought Walker full-price, had lower requirements, longtime L50, senior player. BUT even though my positive outcome of this event, as I consider this is a survey, would like to add my points.

....I bought the Woodland Walker as have collected all the walkers.. but did consider the price much too high for an object which after-event is useless and not donating anything toward the kingdom permanently.

....I considered the event was too time consuming and requirements excessive for 'leisure' playtime. Continuous all day hours of play was needed to fullfill requirements, making play compulsory, stressing, instead of relax and pleasure.

....I'm in the category of players with more time and I do understand who has more time to play gets further in the game, but when playtime has to be major than vital and basic necessities of living time (that is simple: sleep/ preparing meals/ consuming meals/ family/ housework/ daily chores) everything becomes obsessive, thus effecting me in stress, which is not desirable.

....I fully agree lower requirements for lower level kingdoms, but ALL higher level kingdoms should have the exact same requirements. This events' differences, even if was favorable to me, did cause undesirable feelings and discussions, thus, not uniting players to helping each other toward the same identical goal. CS is not a battling against each other game.. which, I would not have chosen, nor played all these years.

....Being a longtime senior player, I expect my favorite game to keep me company in my leisure hours, not to challenge me beyond obsessions, nor hinder daily living nor become an obligation. Real Life already presents these negatives. Only something interesting is required without stress.

You said it so well. I had the higher requirements, I have lots of time to play and it was so hard. I can’t imagine people who have demanding jobs and busy lives come home and be like “ yes, this is how I want to unwind and relax”, no way.

AnnirasSweets
04-12-18, 04:26 AM
Okey then. So we had for higher level gamers: low and higher reqs. And we have for lower level a separate requirements. Did the lower level gamers have 2 different sets of reqs as well? I honestly have lost track.

LOL, I think all the lower levelers had the same requirements. If they didn't, none of them posted that info where I saw it, but at this point nothing would surprise me about this train wreck of an event. I can't remember ever having so much trouble understanding the mechanics of an event before in the history of CS. I almost want to skip this next event, just to rest my brain.

EsmeW2
04-12-18, 06:16 AM
I'm glad S8 have done that survey to give a chance for all players to give feedback. Lots of players won't be using the forum and the number commenting here or doing the surveys is small in comparison to how many people play overall.

I'm also confused about the requirements. I thought I'd had all of the lower level requirements on my second game, but did some players only need to make one armour? That would have made a big difference as it was that bit that was the ****er due to needing so much nectar. I'd managed to use the weekend warrior boosts to do all of the rock and tree chopping I needed, so that even with limited energy sources, these weren't a problem (Being in the UK I did have to wake up at 6am to do this!)

Now that it's all over I'm grateful that we've got some nice looking and small items to leave out. The graphics were great. There have been some really good looking things produced recently. And since the next event looks like another little critters one I'm going to be happy to sit it out.

AnnirasSweets
04-12-18, 06:58 AM
I'm glad S8 have done that survey to give a chance for all players to give feedback. Lots of players won't be using the forum and the number commenting here or doing the surveys is small in comparison to how many people play overall.

I'm also confused about the requirements. I thought I'd had all of the lower level requirements on my second game, but did some players only need to make one armour? That would have made a big difference as it was that bit that was the ****er due to needing so much nectar. I'd managed to use the weekend warrior boosts to do all of the rock and tree chopping I needed, so that even with limited energy sources, these weren't a problem (Being in the UK I did have to wake up at 6am to do this!)

Now that it's all over I'm grateful that we've got some nice looking and small items to leave out. The graphics were great. There have been some really good looking things produced recently. And since the next event looks like another little critters one I'm going to be happy to sit it out.

Only the lower level players needed one armor for the final goal and not many of them posted in the forum so we're not 100% clear on those facts.

rembetiko
04-13-18, 12:02 AM
I finished this event just because I made an in-app purchase but I am not happy with the final reward. I wish it had been a white alicorn giving 40 energy per week instead, or something that drops 5 minutes of unlimited energy per week.

Energy seems to be the bottleneck and therefore the main currency in this game.

skruffi23
04-14-18, 08:06 PM
I think the reason there were different requirements for level 50 players was because some have the Love Shack, & therefore many Alicorns (up to 99) and others who started playing after that event don't have the same opportunity to obtain extra energy, so it's much harder for them to complete events. I've been playing daily for about 2 1/2 years and only managed to get 2 wedding Alicorns (bought one with gems) the pastel Alicorn, a pink unicorn. I've never received a freebie Alicorn from the hundreds of videos I've watched & have only got 8 gold runes after hundreds of Elven trades so can't buy a rainbow Alicorn. I have got 2 wizard schools. So I do have access to some extra energy, but it would be a luxury to have 30 or more Alicorns like many players do. In light of this is it unreasonable for those who have access to lots of extra energy to have higher requirements than those who don't?

PrincessCupOButter
04-15-18, 09:47 AM
I think the reason there were different requirements for level 50 players was because some have the Love Shack, & therefore many Alicorns (up to 99) and others who started playing after that event don't have the same opportunity to obtain extra energy, so it's much harder for them to complete events. I've been playing daily for about 2 1/2 years and only managed to get 2 wedding Alicorns (bought one with gems) the pastel Alicorn, a pink unicorn. I've never received a freebie Alicorn from the hundreds of videos I've watched & have only got 8 gold runes after hundreds of Elven trades so can't buy a rainbow Alicorn. I have got 2 wizard schools. So I do have access to some extra energy, but it would be a luxury to have 30 or more Alicorns like many players do. In light of this is it unreasonable for those who have access to lots of extra energy to have higher requirements than those who don't?

But that isn’t the way they did it.

I do not have the love shack, but I do have quite a few daily Alis and several weekly energy sources. So, no issues with energy, yet I had lower requirements. I have a neighbor with less energy sources, also has no love shack, and yet they had higher requirements. There is really no rhyme or reason to the difference in requirements for this quest, except maybe as an experiment to see how many players would spend and how many would just give up. I do not believe this was done in an effort at fairness.

In my opinion, it actually would be unreasonable, or at least unethical, to penalize players who have played longer, or spent more money on the game, just because that gives them an advantage. That is the whole point of the game....to build the kingdom. And growing the kingdom eventually, and inevitably, gives longer term players an advantage. If the prize is the same for all, the requirements to earn it should be the same for all..... with the exception of lower lever players, and there are already different requirements in place for lower level players.

Ps. I totally agree that it is very wrong and unfair that newer players do not have the same opportunity to get extra energy sources that older players had. I don’t necessarily mean the love shack, I am talking about the new lower minimum energy drops from the new daily alicorns and unicorns. The older ones give a minimum of 4, but all the new ones are minimum 2. That is just wrong, and will definitely hurt newer players in the long run, as they will need twice as many daily alis to get the exact same benefit.