PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

riverly
03-30-18, 09:56 PM
I just wanted to say a big Thank You to all who posted tips on how the unlimited energy worked. I would have been a basket case going into that blindly.
I got 370+ ores and wood and 3 fangs. I did not have any glitches or rollbacks.
I also got a few glimmer golem milk for the Ivy Nursery goal that I am determined to get out of my goal book.
So basically I guess I'm now waiting on fangs and nectar. At least as far as I know for now.

puzzlecatz
Ok so when I completed the quest to get my unlimited energy it didn’t kick in right away. I waited about 20seconds and then it gave me 40 energy which I quickly used chopping trees and rocks. When it was at zero I waited again and after reading what others have written here I thought screw it I’m going to restart my game. Once it started up again I only had 7 1/2 minutes left but my energy said unlimited so I was able to continue collecting happily. Of course the next quest had already popped up but I avoided it until I had used all my energy. When I completed my second quest for 10 minutes of energy exactly the same thing happened as before. So I used up the 40 energy restarted my game and proceeded with the final 7 1/2 minutes of unlimited energy. Hope this helps someone else. By the way I am playing on an iPad

Denkris111
Weeeell didnt get as much out of the 2nd unlimited quest as id hoped... lol b/c i forgot i had a monster parked to stop from triggering the goal. ..And accidentally triggered it when a lot of my stuff was still recharging from the first round. I also ran out of money buying as many mermaid items as i could for all that energy. Oh well, it was still a lot of fun and took a lot of pressure the remainder of this event :)

keychaindragon
03-30-18, 10:09 PM
Well that was a giant disappointment. My infinite energy was neither infinite nor fun. All my efforts and restarts got me was refilling my energy bar to 40 twice.

farmgirl8888
03-30-18, 10:23 PM
Mine unlocked at goal 3 when I was asked to build it

Oh, no I?m on goal 8 and wagon is still locked. Is this a glitch I should report or am I missing something?

SpiritWind00
03-30-18, 10:27 PM
Oh, no I?m on goal 8 and wagon is still locked. Is this a glitch I should report or am I missing something?
Do you mean the actual wagon is locked in the feature market, or the crafts in the wagon are locked? If the second, then that's normal. I'm on goal 8 and the 2 crafts are still locked.

farmgirl8888
03-30-18, 10:29 PM
Crafts in wagon are locked. Ok I’ll be patient, thank you.

BiggerBubbles
03-30-18, 10:48 PM
They're unrelated. With the bundle of unlimited energy, it has always basically wiped your existing balance and for x amount of time given you the ability to expend energy whereever you wanted to. The timed goal available for a few more hours still, has 2 offers of 10 minute unlimited energy and will keep your existing balance of energy once the timer expires. I did have to force close for the screen to come up. The area where your energy level is removed and it has the words UNLIMITED ENERGY with a countdown clock.

The goal unlimited energy starts as soon as you finish the related goal. You'll still need to sit through dialogue and congrats screens which eat into your time. I didn't like that at all. Hope that helps! :)

Tks SW. I did get the 1 goal of 10 mins unlimited nrg, force closed a couple of times after that, but I didn?t get a second one and there is no goal in my goal book. However that was fun and I got a lot collected. Also, silly me, I?ve never thought to have someone log in when I?m away and collect all the Ali?s and store up the nrg. This has been a huge learning curve. Feel so silly and I?ve been playing for over 5 years!

Just wondering, I thought I was going to get unlimited nrg after I collected from the last town building? But, the next set of goals came up so I put out some traps for monsters etc., completed them and force closed then somehow managed to get the unlimited nrg to come up so parked the troll and went for it. So did I somehow miss the 1st set of 10mins after the first set of goals by not triggering the 10 mins then, sorry I’m confusing you.

eastie41
03-30-18, 10:51 PM
I finished the weekend warrior goals. Received 5,000 energies.

I got 2 minutes to use my unlimited energy. Is this how it works? Quite odd.

Thanks to everyone who explained how the event work!ps! Thanks to Spirit Wind for all your work here!

Just read a post that said we had 10 minutes of unlimited energy after step 3. Too late for me. Not sure why this was delivered to us as an in-game goal chain in such an awkward way.

ironbull2
03-30-18, 10:54 PM
This is a little unfair with some people actually getting unlimited energy and others just getting limited refills. I like others didn?t realize (because of lack of communication on S8s part) that the unlimited energy from the second goal wasn?t actually unlimited. I have purchased several unlimited packs before so I know how they work. I thought it was after the third goal since I didn?t get unlimited energy after completing the second goal. I quickly ran out while trying to get a monster to spawn. So when I ran out of energy, I planted some crops and left the game waiting for them to grow and my energy to refill. When the same thing happened after I completed the third goal I was pretty ticked especially since I had used gems to finish in the time allowed due to lack of monster spawn.

MY ENERGY NEVER BECAME UNLIMITED! I got ten 40 energy refills, each after waiting for two minutes. I did the quick collect hoping for it to refill faster like other players were getting but I still had to wait the full 2 minutes each time. I also had to make three blocks for each tower. It is frustrating that S8 is changing the rules without communicating and then making the rewards different for each player. Why are some getting unlimited energy while others only getting an extra 400? I get that it was an added bonus and we should be thankful for it. I am but I just think everyone should have the same goals and same rewards for their same work.

kattkrazie
03-30-18, 10:58 PM
This is a little unfair with some people actually getting unlimited energy and others just getting limited refills. I like others didn?t realize (because of lack of communication on S8s part) that the unlimited energy from the second goal wasn?t actually unlimited. I have purchased several unlimited packs before so I know how they work. I thought it was after the third goal since I didn?t get unlimited energy after completing the second goal. I quickly ran out while trying to get a monster to spawn. So when I ran out of energy, I planted some crops and left the game waiting for them to grow and my energy to refill. When the same thing happened after I completed the third goal I was pretty ticked especially since I had used gems to finish in the time allowed due to lack of monster spawn. My energy never became unlimited. I got ten 40 energy refills, each after waiting for two minutes. I did the quick collect hoping for it to refill faster like other players were getting but I still had to wait the full 2 minutes each time. I also had to make three blocks for each tower. It is frustrating that S8 is changing the rules without communicating and then making the rewards different for each player. Why are some getting unlimited energy while others only getting an extra 400? I get that it was an added bonus and we should be thankful for it. I am but I just think everyone should have the same goals and same rewards for their same work.

This is too late to help you, but after you complete the last goal, you have to close your game, then reopen it. When you reopen it, your energy bar says "unlimited" with a 10 minute countdown timer below.

eastie41
03-30-18, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=ironbull2;1504334]This is a little unfair with some people actually getting unlimited energy and others just getting limited refills. I like others didn?t realize (because of lack of communication on S8s part) that the unlimited energy from the second goal wasn?t actually unlimited.

I didn't know the second part of the goal was unlimited, either. Don't understand why S8 can't put that information on the goal line.

ironbull2
03-30-18, 11:09 PM
Thanks. I guess I will try that if they try to make it up and do another one. I assume you mean force close though because I did close the game to come to the forum for a minute when I didn?t get the energy and when I opened it back up I still had to wait the two minutes. That is terrible if that is what people have to do. Not intuitive at all. So anyone that doesn?t read the forum is not going to get the unlimited energy. I feel pretty *****ed.

SpiritWind00
03-30-18, 11:13 PM
It's not very intuitive is it. I'm going to ask that a new section be added in the FAQ section in game to help all players understand this feature.

I've written the energy goals in post 1 with some more info...

Sirelie
03-30-18, 11:17 PM
Weekend warrior for unlimited energy is a trap.
I spent 50 energy just to get the necessary monsters in the final step. I got 5 minutes of unlimited energy - the game was restarted and I had in the end only 2 minutes.

clarontinalisa
03-30-18, 11:58 PM
I didn’t get my unlimited energy after step 3 tending crops, animals and monsters. just a refill to 40. Is this correct

LawyerLynn
03-31-18, 12:07 AM
The force close didn?t work for me to switch it to unlimited energy. I was stuck with 40 energy and then waiting for a refill. I could easily have fallen into a gem trap because it kept saying that I was out of energy. The first round it finally switched to unlimited with about 30 seconds left. The second round, it never changed to unlimited energy - it just gave me several refills of the 40 energy, but with a delay in between refills that used up some of my time.

cccymaaa
03-31-18, 12:11 AM
My game restarted twice and I went back to the first minute of unlimited state both times. At the end I still have almost everything that I tend or chopped. But surprisingly the restart didn’t effect the market trade that I started in the middle.. it was a total waste

eastie41
03-31-18, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=Sirelie;1504342]Weekend warrior for unlimited energy is a trap.

That's what happened to me. I forced closed and next thing I saw was the 2:00 minute timer.

scavaig
03-31-18, 12:19 AM
Ok .... This really sucks.

I live in the uk - it's Easter Saturday so no rush to get up - wake up at 8.00 am - read the forum - see the posts about unlimited energy - open game .....

And see there is 20 minutes left to complete the weekend warrior tasks!!!!!!! It started at half past midnight UK time - finishes 08.30 am UK time. No possible way to complete it at all .

Looks like most people in the uk will have completely missed this offer !!!

I am really beginning to dislike S8!

S8 - WHY ONLY 8 HOURS !!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE , SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS MISS OUT.

cccymaaa
03-31-18, 12:29 AM
You guys are not missing on anything. Just got a new iPad last month and today is the first time the game starts crashing. I hardly got 2 minutes of unlimited energy out of the 20 minutes.

Jinc4
03-31-18, 12:38 AM
A nice idea I suppose, though it didn't really work for me, my game kept resetting, so I simply couldn't use the energy. It just left me annoyed.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 12:46 AM

I live in the uk - it's Easter Saturday so no rush to get up - wake up at 8.00 am - read the forum - see the posts about unlimited energy - open game .....

And see there is 20 minutes left to complete the weekend warrior tasks!!!!!!! It started at half past midnight UK time - finishes 08.30 am UK time. No possible way to complete it at all .

S8 - WHY ONLY 8 HOURS !!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE , SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS MISS OUT.

DITTO! I'm in Italy
Here it's 9:45am.. I played till after midnight and the offer was NOT there. Now morning.. it's 'FINISHED'. And I read all the fun on forum :(
Does that mean who lives in EU countries are not eligible?

I'm doubtful if my question will be answered!

Chrus00
03-31-18, 12:48 AM
Hi, I lost the weekend warrior mission, because I didn't realize it was timed: I don't recall seeing a timer in the mission book or anything. Anyone in the same situation?
Has this type of mission occurred before? I don't remember seeing it and I have been around for a while now... I guess for next time I will react differently.

AinoDK
03-31-18, 12:55 AM
This sucks!

I came in this morning (living in Denmark) and saw the goal with a two hour timer. Then came to the forum to read about it. Thinkinng I had 8 hours for the second goal, after doing some other stuff I then completed the first goal. The second goal then came up with 18 minutes. I had mossy crafts ready, and could do all the other stuff, but still needed 3 more crafts. Maxed on the 15 min workshop and memaid crafs, so started 2 15 min greenhouse crafts. Turned out they didn't count. Then started and used 4 gems for each to complete 3 mossy crafts. Got the dialog for the third goal with 20 seconds time but at least I had completed the second goal for 10 min unlimited energy for 12 gems. I thought.

Restarted, and started chopping away, but quickly hit 0 energy. Restarted 5 times. Waited 2 minutes. Nothing. I have an expired goal, but can't see if it is the second or the third. This is so unfair. Can I at least have my 12 gems back?

S8 if you don't want non-US players just say so

100Anne
03-31-18, 01:05 AM
So disappointed! This morning when I woke up I played and checked my goal book. This afternoon I log in to discover that I have an expired weekend warrior goal. Then I get to read all about it in the forum. Would have been nice to have had a chance to participate!

Chrus00
03-31-18, 01:06 AM
Thanks, S8. The unlimited energy was a very kind gesture for Good Friday. Those who have never been able to purchase the unlimited energy packs are able to enjoy the thrill of it. Kudos to the team member who thought of this and I hope we'll have this opportunity again sometime. Happy Easter weekend!

Joining to the thankyous! even if I did not really get anything from the weekend warrior event and I still don't understand how it works with all the comments here... I really hope that one of the angels we got around will summarise some clear instructions somewhere. What would I do without you! thanks for all the work!

olma_ru
03-31-18, 01:12 AM
Hi, I lost the weekend warrior mission, because I didn't realize it was timed: I don't recall seeing a timer in the mission book or anything. Anyone in the same situation?
Has this type of mission occurred before? I don't remember seeing it and I have been around for a while now... I guess for next time I will react differently.
There was no timer on this event in the book. Im in Russia, so I started doing this event this morning, and right now found it EXPIRED! :((

scavaig
03-31-18, 01:16 AM
Thanks, S8. The unlimited energy was a very kind gesture for Good Friday. Those who have never been able to purchase the unlimited energy packs are able to enjoy the thrill of it. Kudos to the team member who thought of this and I hope we'll have this opportunity again sometime. Happy Easter weekend!

......... If you live in the US.

thanks for not thinking about how it would work in the rest of the world. There was really no reason to only make this event last 8 hours.

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 01:19 AM
There was no timer on this event in the book. Im in Russia, so I started doing this event this morning, and right now found it EXPIRED! :((

me too

PurpleScorpion76
03-31-18, 01:22 AM
wow. This just makes me feel ill.

Yeah me too. I?ll explain why... I?m in Europe, this task just kicked in for me as I woke up (we always get a lovely kick in the teeth especially with these times goals) the first thing I do is open my game when I wake, so to collect from the bottleneck items (woodland blooms in this case) and I?ve got a new task with 40 mins to do the whole 3 tasks (lucky lady/man that for 8 hours over sleeping time), but as I?m walking down the stairs I collect from those bottlenecks then let my dogs out then I feed my dogs this whole process takes around 30 mins, so while trying to do this I?m also trying to concentrate on my real life animals. Then I realise I don?t have enough town buildings out so by the time I?ve finished all dog stuff I?m putting out farmhouses. With 15 mins to go til the unlimited ends, then of course with less than 3 mins I have to harvest crops, corn is of course the way to go but I didn?t realise I had less than 3 mins to complete it. Then when the first unlimited energy kicks in which took a while, I had no energy left and my hand was hovering over my weekly Ali, so of course when I suddenly see energy I hit on it, then I?ve got 79 energy then unlimited a short time later with the time of 6 mins left. It?s safe to say I was still half asleep when all of this happened and that this was my first unlimited energy experience.
I won?t be buying unlimited energy packs anytime soon. When my energy came back I had 30. I?m too unbothered to work out how much energy I have lost, but i did see it below to around 30 before the unlimited energy kicked in, but of course the 6 minute timer left signifies 4 mins was wasted. So I suppose it was a good 5 mins of wasted time on the unlimited so ok I got 5 mins of unlimited. I?ve not completely cleared my board and with this task talking about caping the limit of trees I?m unsure as to how much of the wood is needed so I?m cautious of how much I chop taking it when I need it or stocking up when I know I?m going to use it. Rather than just aimlessly chopping.

A few bonuses. Got 3 woodland monsters from my mines and sawmill and only 1 last night so I?m at around 50% spawn rate.

I did remember to have my energy at 0 or 1 when the unlimited energy kicked in, so whilst I remembered it, it didn?t help with a first time unlimited energy player, who didn?t know what to expect.

Having been asleep while this quest kicked in for most, all of my crafting buildings were ready to collect from so having the brains (thankfully) I crafted from kitchen, workshop, potion shop, didn?t even think of my mermaid ones, but impressed to see I didn?t need to complete them all in the short time we had. Then autocompleted as soon as I started the crafting process and not on collection. Along with of course all other items being ready to collect from.

On another note, the only benefit I can see of all of these different requirements is making the forum useless. The poster that said about the xp might be right about the xp of those level 50 players but I?m pretty sure I read on this thread of someone that had been a player at level 50 since 2014 and only had 2 beams to craft now I have been playing since May 2014 and think I was at 50 by around the August (this is why this post stuck out at me in the thread) but I?ve got 3 beans to craft. So whilst we may be only a short time apart in reaching level 50, the xp will be similar, sure we might be on either side of the borderline of those requirements it still seems a strange way of creating the game.

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 01:38 AM
Can we get a little more info here, please?
If it's not a bug, then what is it and WHY?
How come I had to craft 3 blocks and beams to build each of my 2 towers when other Level 50 players only needed 2 blocks/beams each to build the SAME towers?
When does this inequity even out... or does it?

Signed,
Confused & already getting slightly perturbed

I may be wrong but I think it's the difference of requirements and because of the alicorns. you have many alicorns in your game, soon you have higher requirements than the other players
1- Why use gems and buy alicorns ??
2- in an event you have to wait 1.5 hours on the woodland bloom, with low rate, why is that extra energy you have to count ??
3 - I have 20 alicorns and a player with only 1 or 2 ends the event first than me ?? It's fair ???

mrgoodbar1961
03-31-18, 02:21 AM
I don't believe it has anything to do with how many Alicorns you have .I have 12 daily and 11 weekly Alicorns plus the horse and I only had to make 2 beams and 2 blocks to make the towers .It is good question especially since its not a glitch.

deadpixel
03-31-18, 02:36 AM
Umm... Just checking, but when did they change the way unlimited energy is delivered?

I used to remember unlimited energy as what they call it, UNLIMITED for a specific time. I could keep doing all sorts of things, and my energy would stay at max while a timer counted down the remaining time.

Now, however, the unlimited energy starts me off with 40 points of energy that get depleted as I use them. The counter would count down to 1 minute (I can't remember whether it's from 3 minutes or 2 minutes) and the energy points would be replenished to 40 while the countdown begins again. This is repeated over the length of time that the unlimited energy is supposed to last, so in the case of the Weekend Warrior, it ran for 10 minutes.

The issue with this is that I often use up the 40 points of energy within a minute, leaving me with a minute or more of waiting time before the energy level goes up again.

Would someone from S8 care to explain how this translates to unlimited energy for 10 minutes? The reality is that if the energy replenishes once every 2 minutes, then we'd only be getting 240 points of energy AT MAX over the 10 minutes. This hardly amounts to "unlimited".

scavaig
03-31-18, 02:38 AM
I don't believe it has anything to do with how many Alicorns you have .I have 12 daily and 11 weekly Alicorns plus the horse and I only had to make 2 beams and 2 blocks to make the towers .It is good question especially since its not a glitch.

Higher requirements for more elderly Ali's then? Yes, makes sense to me that S8 might do that. They seem to have a thing against having Ali's giving too much energy and can't cut the drops from elderly Ali's without causing an absolute riot.

Therefore the answer is to make higher requirements for those with 'a lot' of elderly Ali's ( the older ones with higher drop rates)

Nimlandy
03-31-18, 02:39 AM

Thought I had accidentally forced it to start - I checked the game before falling asleep last night and thought I had triggered it. Didn?t help that I wasn?t wearing my glasses.

I didn?t use the whole ten minutes cos I was half asleep but I did at least get some of it. Totally agree that having it as a ?set time? across the whole world is stupid. Midnight UK is no where near as fair as midday elsewhere.

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 02:40 AM

Oh, thank you, I'm glad to know that it's not alicorns ... but the biggest problem is not the towers, but level 8 so far ...
level8
1- forge 4 woodland shields, yes 4
2- every 1 need. 3 beam and 3 block. in total you need 12 of each.
3- With a low rate in bloom and you have to wait 1.5 hours. this in my opinion ist crazy, and I only go on level 8, ist better not think about the other levels 9,10 ...

RevdKathy
03-31-18, 02:45 AM
I woke with 2 hours of the warrior thing to run, and managed to complete it. but I had no idea what I had won, or how long it would run for. Think I ended up with the 10 top ups to 40 as that's what it appeared to be doing. It certainly wasn't an unlimited thing as I've bought those before and they have a timer.

S8 seems to be trying to destroy this game. I suppose people who don't visit the forum will never know that the quest is randomly unfair and gives people different requirements. If the idea is to break the value of the forum, why don't they just shut it down? Knowing that I am being discriminated against doesn't exactly make me want to play the game, let alone spend any money on it.

I think we're owed an explanation at least.

scavaig
03-31-18, 03:00 AM
Higher requirements for more elderly Ali's then? Yes, makes sense to me that S8 might do that. They seem to have a thing against having Ali's giving too much energy and can't cut the drops from elderly Ali's without causing an absolute riot.

Therefore the answer is to make higher requirements for those with 'a lot' of elderly Ali's ( the older ones with higher drop rates)

Perhaps it's based on the average 'extra' energy a player recieves from all sources per day . More ' extra ' energy the player gets, the higher the requirements to balance that 'extra' energy .

Defeats the point of getting an ' advantage' by buying energy giving items, doesn't it. ... Hence s8 reluctance to come clean.

ReinierMamaWouter
03-31-18, 03:18 AM
Well that was a giant disappointment. My infinite energy was neither infinite nor fun. All my efforts and restarts got me was refilling my energy bar to 40 twice.

Had that too. And couldn't go read the forum because at the time I would have been longer busy with the forum than with the 10 minutes of unlimited. I got the first one, and not the second one. Oh well.

EsmeW2
03-31-18, 03:35 AM
Perhaps it's based on the average 'extra' energy a player recieves from all sources per day . More ' extra ' energy the player gets, the higher the requirements to balance that 'extra' energy .

Defeats the point of getting an ' advantage' by buying energy giving items, doesn't it. ... Hence s8 reluctance to come clean.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something to do with energy. I have two level 50 games and got the higher requirement on the game where I have a collectioon of alicorns unicorns and a weekly horse and unicorn. I've also completed the storyline apart from the mermaids and the leveling up stuff on this game. On the other game I have a fair bit of story to go and only one wizard school one Ali and a weekly unicorn. And this one triggered the lower level requirements. So if not energy based it could be something to do with completed goals, but this seems unlikely.

jaymieb2
03-31-18, 03:42 AM
Special Notes for this event:

* Collect all Woodland Wagon crafts by 4/12 at 6pm PT
8 Hour Goal - Unlimited Energy Offer

Goal 1: Weekend Warrior
* Weed the landscape 0/10 CHOP | clear any foliage
* Clear rubble 0/3 CLEAR | clear any rocks
* Mine a rock outcropping 0/1 MINE
Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +30 energy

Goal 2: Weekend Warrior
* Visit town buildings 0/10 COLLECT
* Harvest from flowers 0/15 HARVEST
* Craft goods 0/5 CRAFT | any crafting building works
Rewards: 100 coin, 1 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes.

Goal 2: Weekend Warrior
* Harvest crops 0/10 HARVEST
* Tend to animals 0/10 TEND
* Fight monsters 0/4 FIGHT
Rewards: 5000 coin, 25 xp, +10 minutes of unlimited energy
Note: you may have to force close to see this. The place were you see your energy balance will change and in its place will show UNLIMITED ENERGY and a timer counting down from 10 minutes.

So, I completed all three Weekend Warrior goals on time, and I am absolutely certain that I did not receive any unlimited energy as a prize. I kept checking inventory and the energy status bar, but no luck. My energy use matched my collections, and nothing went to storage. I recently force closed - when I checked this page, but I didn?t follow up before now. How do I collect my prizes. Note - I did receive the 30 energy from the first Weekend Warrior quest. Just not any unlimited energy prizes.

rainsunset
03-31-18, 03:45 AM
Yes, this unlimited energy quest was ridiculous. First of all, this quest didn?t started automatically yesterday. It started automatically in the morning when it was only 10 minutes left. But I decided to try because I was curious about it. So first part was easy to do then I saw the second part. Luckily, I had 5 ready craft buildings as it?s impossible to do anithing in less than 10 minutes. And with town buildings I had to worry because I visited only 8 buildings and understood that there were no cottages or farmhouses left and I had no time to put. Fortunately, I went to the matket and chose section of town houses and saw that I had taverns. So I did second part. When I saw the third part I was shocked. Luckily they gave unlimited energy after the second part. And only at forum I saw that it was 8 hours!!! So I couldn?t understand why it didn?t started automatically yesterday because I counted and I am sure that 8 hours began yesterday when I was in the game before sleeping.

Anaboe
03-31-18, 04:03 AM

I'm on the same page, Holland here. So one other thing I missed out. Ad yes, I'm outraged about the different requirements for same lvl players too. It's a good thing I never buy gems or spent money on this game, the Ali-fiasco bothers me still, but I am really wondering what the *beep* the developpers are thinking.

deadpixel
03-31-18, 04:06 AM
So, I completed all three Weekend Warrior goals on time, and I am absolutely certain that I did not receive any unlimited energy as a prize. I kept checking inventory and the energy status bar, but no luck. My energy use matched my collections, and nothing went to storage. I recently force closed - when I checked this page, but I didn?t follow up before now. How do I collect my prizes. Note - I did receive the 30 energy from the first Weekend Warrior quest. Just not any unlimited energy prizes.

Refer to my post here where I was questioning the change in the format of delivery for the unlimited energy, and NO, you do not get it in boxes that you chop, it never came in that manner...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103788-Castle-Story-03-29-War-of-the-Woodlands-event-Woodland-Rider&p=1504381&viewfull=1#post1504381

idrispad
03-31-18, 04:10 AM
How has the weekend warrior goal expired when I didn’t get the goal until 4 hours ago??

Edit: I can now see that this is another way S8 ignore other time zones. Way to make players feel valued!

SpiritWind00
03-31-18, 04:38 AM
This is what the screen looks like for me when I force closed once the goal became active. Perhaps it was a countdown from 40 for those who had 40 or under to start with. Just a theory.
(The egg was from an event last year)

danzplace
03-31-18, 05:04 AM
While I did not have time to come to the forum to see how this works, I decided to try the challenge on my own. It was confusing but fun. I received energy in 40 minute groups, which then took about 20 seconds in between to reset. I am sure I lost an opportunity for more refills, since I didn’t know they were coming. Still, ended up about 500 energy on the plus side (didn’t think about quick collect, ugh). Thanks for the free energy.

LawyerLynn
03-31-18, 05:28 AM
This is too late to help you, but after you complete the last goal, you have to close your game, then reopen it. When you reopen it, your energy bar says "unlimited" with a 10 minute countdown timer below.

While I did not have time to come to the forum to see how this works, I decided to try the challenge on my own. It was confusing but fun. I received energy in 40 minute groups, which then took about 20 seconds in between to reset. I am sure I lost an opportunity for more refills, since I didn’t know they were coming. Still, ended up about 500 energy on the plus side (didn’t think about quick collect, ugh). Thanks for the free energy.

My time in between groups of 40 was often more than a minute. Hard closing did not work to cause it to be unlimited- it just wasted time.

I wondered if the differences between the number of blocks and beams needed for the tower had to do with Home much teal cash a player spends and that S8 rewarded those that spend more. I don?t have many Alis so I don?t think it is based on energy. I occasionally have bought gems, but not very often.

Differences on the tower, differences in the way the unlimited energy worked (really unlimited vs 40 energy segments with inconsistent wait times between refills) - S8 - Are you trying to make everything just random?

PurpleScorpion76
03-31-18, 05:57 AM
Mine unlocked at goal 3 when I was asked to build it

Well clearly somethings wrong or this is another part of the quest that s8 are changing with differing players as I?m on goal 8 and my woodland wagon is still completely locked.

Stymie52
03-31-18, 06:00 AM
Goal 10
Place a Woodland Calf (buy this in the Market for 500 coins)
Raise a Woodland Bull 0/1 (feed the Calf)
Gather Woodland Fur 0/4 (tend to Woodland Bulls)

ladlasse
03-31-18, 06:05 AM
I lost at least 5 min of the 10 min of unlimited energy while the game rebooted twice. Even though I was able to chop down a couple of trees and rock outcroppings and used quick collect, there were 2 rocks that I cleared 3 times each, then moved on, only to find out that when it was all over I had a boar and the rocks were still there. The game kept freezing, too. I'm disappointed as I should have had more things cleared. Then when the time was up, it only gave me 20 energy and didn't count the tree that I cleared and used quick collect on.

My second attempt at the 10 min of energy fared a little better. The game didn't reboot this time, but I went a little slower so it had time to react. It still froze often. I don't like this new way of showing only 40 at a time, because you have to wait for it to refill and you never know when your time is up. This time it never showed unlimited with a timer, so I was never sure 40 energy was still part of the free energy or the refill you get when it's over. I agree with others who want it back the old way with infinity symbol and a timer. I also would prefer that it would be a crate you could kick off when you want from inventory and not immediately when it's earned. Since it's always portrayed as 15 (or 10) 1 minute intervals, then I wish we had that option to use them 1 min at a time. Overall, glad for the opportunity to have unlimited energy for awhile and was able to build up some wood and stone, but wish it had been executed differently.

Stymie52
03-31-18, 06:07 AM
Goal 10

It takes 5 feedings to raise the Calf to a Bull
The collection time is 5 minutes

Collection time for the Bull is 4 hours

CalicoRidge
03-31-18, 06:29 AM
Well, my 2 cents...
First, I almost didn't do the Weekend warrior goal because it looked wonky since you had to expend more energy to get less energy. But, I saw there were 3 parts so I thought, ok, maybe there's something coming up.

Turned out I really liked the delivery system for the energy... once I figured out what was going on. I made good use of the final energy boost. My energy seemed to refill to 40 roughly at the end of every 3 minute refill timer. It lasted roughly a half hour for me and so I figure I got 10 - 40 energy refills or roughly 400 energy. I loved that I could use the energy AND have time to place more trees or rocks and not feel like I was wasting energy/time. Personally, I would love more energy bundles with THIS design.

Also, it didn't cause any restarts like what happened when I received the first energy bundle. With that one I didn't know what was happening just saw my energy refilling, as mentioned above, for few turns. I wasn't sure what was going on since I had only been expecting 10 energy, so didn't take full advantage of it.
Then my game froze and I got the little knight riding his horse. After that the game woke up to an "unlimited timer" that started counting down from whatever time was left in the 3 minute cycle, so roughly 2 minutes, a little less, which when I went to try and take advantage of that froze up my game for about another minute and... no fun. Maybe I tap too fast? <shrug>

Oh, also, as mentioned in a previous post I also had the freezing and resetting the rocks and trees I had already chopped during the first round of energy boost.

PurpleScorpion76
03-31-18, 06:38 AM
......... If you live in the US.

thanks for not thinking about how it would work in the rest of the world. There was really no reason to only make this event last 8 hours.

Exactly! Only a few weeks ago s8 did the same thing with something else. And put an 8 hour timer on it and boosted it to 24 hours because of this exact same issue and the complaints on this forum. Why they thought it was perfectly acceptable to do it again is anyone?s guess. I know other countries close to the UK where I am will have still been affected by this in fact most of Europe would have been affected by this. It?s only 2 Hour time difference between the UK and Greece for example, and I?m lucky my dogs wake me up every single day. I might not have had the full benefit of this quest working completely but I did have some benefit.

zoroak
03-31-18, 07:00 AM

How many calves can you buy?

HuckleTown
03-31-18, 07:03 AM
I still don't know what the final prize is.

zoroak
03-31-18, 07:05 AM
I live in the UK, woke up middle of the night and so decided to collect nectar when the weekend warrior goals popped up. Waste of my time and deprived me of sleep though as I finished all 3 steps and only received 1x10 min unlimited energy for the middle step, despite force quitting and restarting app. Full of glitches and unfair for European players.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 07:18 AM
MOSSY TREES
you can own 5 at a time.. then the option to buy disappears.
when you chop one.. option returns and you can buy another.
so.. cap on total owned, but can be replaced as used.

ladlasse
03-31-18, 07:19 AM
To avoid time zone issues, S8 needs to set up the goals like the weekend warrior so the 8 hours can be kicked off by the individual player. Maybe give them 1 or 2 days to start it before it expires, but at least everyone could have a full 8 hours to complete a task and not wake up to find it's almost over and they knew nothing about it beforehand.

katbtodd
03-31-18, 07:20 AM
Thinking this must be step 9

comeseecomesah
03-31-18, 07:21 AM
Goal 10

Thanks Stymie your a ☆star☆ I'll be on this in a few hours so it's nice to know what will hit me when I get there....tending to a big fat 4hr timed bull so I can nab it's fur hmm!

Edit...Oops I lied...won't be there for a while yet. Got confused with goals....easily done nowadays, but good to know thanks!

Stymie52
03-31-18, 07:22 AM
How many calves can you buy?

I bought 4, and it is still in the Market.

beefus
03-31-18, 07:26 AM
This is what the screen looks like for me when I force closed once the goal became active. Perhaps it was a countdown from 40 for those who had 40 or under to start with. Just a theory.
(The egg was from an event last year)

My experience with the Weekend Warrior event was over all ok.

I triggered step 2, and the game rebooted, got in, rebooted, worked the event,(I had the timer count down underneath, like SW) it was so so laggy, I mean like slooooooooow laggy, and then it froze around 2ish mins, and suddenly popped to 20 seconds, and apparently "banked" every tap I had done since the beginning of time.
I couldnt get it to stop, I force closed. ... Restarted, apparently it had continued to tap a tree and count down the timer. The energy that had reset to 40 was gone and I had 12 energy. It had continued to tap a tree until the 40 was gone, AND tapping the 'Buy 12 Energy for 20 Gems) no energy bar, because the Hey you just bought 12 Turns(ding 20 Gems) box popped up directly upon the final re logging in after step 2's unlimited energy run.
ok, next we built up to 14 by the time I triggered step 3.
Reboot, restart, reboot, restart, work event, no lag this time, so much better, freeze toward the end, around 1min... about 40 seconds jump on the timer, again(I had the timer count down underneath, like SW,) and countdown finished, and game reset.

Over all I got about 7ish mins in step 2, and again step 3... and cost 12 gems, so, thank you overall, ish.

I realize I can be critical, but I also occasionally spend real $, so I feel this gives me a right to ... shall we save "voice my opinion." ...and even though this didn't go 100% as expected, I'd say maybe 65-70%(10%\min+\-(Arrgh*3%). So there's the explanation for the thank you and the ish.

Oh, and the final reboot, when I came back with my 14 energy.

MOo
Beefus

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 07:43 AM
anyone cant tell me goal 9?? thanks

zoroak
03-31-18, 07:47 AM
anyone cant tell me goal 9?? thanks

Recruit Mothraki warriors x2

zoroak
03-31-18, 07:48 AM

Thanks.

PrincessCupOButter
03-31-18, 07:49 AM
To avoid time zone issues, S8 needs to set up the goals like the weekend warrior so the 8 hours can be kicked off by the individual player. Maybe give them 1 or 2 days to start it before it expires, but at least everyone could have a full 8 hours to complete a task and not wake up to find it's almost over and they knew nothing about it beforehand.

That would be the logical and practical thing to do. But I don’t think logic plays into S8’s process very much. :(

I seem to recall a good while back that they did set up some side goals in such a way that we could avoid triggering them until we were ready. I remember it being discussed here on the forums, how to avoid starting them until we had supplies ready, or had enough time to do them. But like many things discovered and shared here.....that ability seems to have gone poof!

I chose to ignore the weekend warrior, mainly due to fear of losing my hoarded energy. I was very glad to see players were able to keep their energy! But after reading all the experiences, good and bad, I do not regret my decision. Since I’ve been having more and more issues with the game resetting and rolling back lately, I probably would have lost most of the unlimited time anyway. I just wish the European players would have had the same ability to choose.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 08:06 AM
I live in the UK, woke up middle of the night and so decided to collect nectar when the weekend warrior goals popped up. Waste of my time and deprived me of sleep though as I finished all 3 steps and only received 1x10 min unlimited energy for the middle step, despite force quitting and restarting app. Full of glitches and unfair for European players.

It's another 'difference' to be swallowed.. it's Saturday and also Easter Saturday, by the time S8 gets back to work.. this obviously will be burried, but they do know it's a worldwide game.. and should plan likewise. A 24hr timer would have made no difference to them.. but important to all.

riverly
03-31-18, 08:23 AM
Well after reading through the posts evidently there were two different ways for the unlimited energy to go down. One with the infinity sign and the other with continued 40 energy refills. I had the continued 40 energy refills. I'm not even going to try to figure that one out. I may have activated my 2nd goal while doing my 1st session. IDK. Everything just happened so fast. But as long as I ended up with the energy I started with I was glad when it was over.
I don't know how players ended up with over 700 ore and wood, when you can just have a limit of 5 or 6? trees.
I accidentally spent gems buying two of the wrong rock formations.
At this point I don't care anymore.

And I also believe there should be an opportunity for those in different time zones to be able to do this. That's unfair.

Stymie, please tell us that goal 10 is the last step. Lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-18, 08:26 AM
I may be wrong but I think it's the difference of requirements and because of the alicorns. you have many alicorns in your game, soon you have higher requirements than the other players
1- Why use gems and buy alicorns ??
2- in an event you have to wait 1.5 hours on the woodland bloom, with low rate, why is that extra energy you have to count ??
3 - I have 20 alicorns and a player with only 1 or 2 ends the event first than me ?? It's fair ???
Although I see others have already responded to you, I'll answer you too, since your questions were posted directly to me & my post to PikaSquirrel.
I'm also just gonna call this a language barrier instead of you being sassy & negatively accusatory to me directly (for whatever reason), which is how you're kinda coming across here....

1- I didn't use gems to buy all of my alicorns.
Some came from the Baron's Tent, some were in-game goal rewards, some came from the Mythic Center, some were purchased on sale with gems freely earned.
I don't have the Love Shack and don't have *nearly* as many weekly white alicorns as some of my neighbors. But regardless, the number of alicorns (or any other energy animals) that ANY player has or how they acquired them shouldn't be a matter of contention between players.
Frankly, what I do in my game, how I play my game or what I buy with my money is my business. Same applies for you & other players, too.

2- You're right; extra energy doesn't matter with an item like the Woodland Bloom with a max of 6 and with a 1.5-hr timer. But extra energy DOES come in handy during events like this for chopping rocks and trees for mossy ore & mossy wood among other things, like attending to the REST of the kingdom.

3- There is no comparison between when a player finishes an event and the point of my post you're addressing: different requirements for the same level players to build the same thing. In fact, I don't believe "fairness" even applies to a player with less alicorns than you finishing an event before you. Numerous reasons can account for when a player finishes: the number of times they log into the game, the amount of time they play the game once logged in, using gems to speed things up, using Elven boosts, buying sidebar bundles, etc.
Those aren't "unfair" advantages; they're matters of personal choice & strategy.
But requiring some level 50 players to craft 2 Woodland beams and blocks in order to build a Woodland Tower while other level 50 players like me are required to craft 3 of the same blocks & beams to build the same tower IS unfair because it's not the acceptable reason of lower requirements for lower levels and no level of personal choice or strategy is even involved or matters at all.

Speculating that some players were asked to build 6 total blocks and beams while other same-level players only had to build a total of 4 for the same goal is because of the number of alicorns & energy sources that player has or the amount of stored energy that player has hoarded or that player's XP level or the amount of money that player has/hasn't spent on the game in the past or any other reasons posted here by my fellow players are just that: Speculations.
The only people who can truly tell us why, if there even IS a true reason for this disparity or if it's just random, are S8 staff that frequent our forum, one of which is PikaSquirrel.

Since we were only told that different requirements for the same actions wasn't a bug, I (& other players) still want more clarity on this matter because we feel we deserve a better explanation than that.

SpiritWind ~ Can you please forward our additional inquiries about this matter to S8 staff, so we get a better answer after the Easter holiday than just "it's not a bug". Thanks!

Otherwise, vitorfelix31 ~ Let's not allow inequities in the game (whether actual or perceived) *or* S8 to pit us players against one another!

meme1098
03-31-18, 08:38 AM
Thanks! NW! Eloquently stated!
I'm really glad the energy thing worked out for players with excess amounts stored but the idea of some being able to accomplish the timed goals while others, because of no fault of their own except for time zone issues, is just one more clue that S8 doesn't test before rollout (remember the last goal!) or just doesn't care anymore.
'Let's just leave it up to the players to figure out the goals & find the bugs' seems to be the norm now.

Stymie52
03-31-18, 08:48 AM
Riverly, in one hour and twenty minutes, I will be on to Goal 11. Will keep you posted.

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 08:52 AM
I?m so behind. Easter! Read on first page that boars are coming from rocks. What i don?t get is, what is the useful spawn we are to look for from rock outcroppings?
Needless to say, whatever this unlimited energy could have been, I missed it. Just no time to deal with it. But it is not fair to our European neighbors. It?s not their fault the Earth is round!!

beefus
03-31-18, 08:55 AM
Although I see others have already responded to you, I'll answer you too, since your questions were posted directly to me & my post to PikaSquirrel.
I'm also just gonna call this a language barrier instead of you being sassy & negatively accusatory to me directly (for whatever reason), which is how you're kinda coming across here....

Otherwise, vitorfelix31 ~ Let's not allow inequities in the game (whether actual or perceived) *or* S8 to pit us players against one another!

.... yea, I'm gonna have to side w NW here.

As much as I am willing to rally for and often times lead the charge for torches and pitchforks, it's because I feel a paid for product should be held to a higher standard than a free product.

And and "fun" value assessed by myself or any other player is just that... a self imposed value.
(show your work...)

Formula, maybe like

If FUN as a percentage >=
DistractionINeedInMyDay * PerceivedValue(IfImHavingAGoodTime)

over

TimeSpentOnBoards/TimeSpentOnBoardsResearchingUpdatesPostingComlimen tsPerTimePeriod(positives)
over
TimeSpentOnBoards/TimeSpentOnBoardsResearchingPostingBugsComplaintsP erTimePeroid(negatives)

TIMES

TotalInGameMinutes/MinutesPerDay

and multiply the whole thing by 50%(I'll explain later)
FUN >=

(1 to 10) * PerceivedValue(y or n)

over

(
(100/1000min(Est)
over
250/1000min(Est)
)

(1440min/60(Est))
)
* 50%

FUN >= 5y / ((1/10)/(1/4) * (60min/1)) (I think I want to find the middle first) *(Everything by 50%)

FUN >= 5y((.1 * .25)/.25) * 60min) *(Everything by 50%)

FUN >= 5y ((.025/.25) * 60min) *(Everything by 50%)

FUN >= 5y((.00625) * 60min) *(50%)

FUN >= 5y(.375min) *(50%)

FUN >= 1.875y *(50%)

FUN >= 93.75%y

Now, think... about your BEST FUN EVER ... and your Castle Story BEST FUN EVER ... ok, thats why I can't just take the 1.875 as (100%)187.5%, but a 50% brings you to 93.75%... ok, half... 50 50, you should have a 6 or greater to earn an above 100% number, I can see that

so in this particular equation

FUN >= 93.75%

SO, did the total amount of your time (in this case) in one day associated with the game in a 24hour period generate a more positive or more negative experience.

In the case of (1 to 10) * PerceivedValue(y or n) being choosen as a 5, it was just under statisfying for the over all time spent in the game for the day...

BUT

The fact the "y" was choosen over the "n" indicates even though a percentage of time was spent negatively... you still chose PerceivedValue is a Yes, not a No.

:)

MOo!
Beefus

Amarice
03-31-18, 09:11 AM
I love the rider. Sad it is gems not crowns. It is pretty but not worth what would be around 15-16 €.

That said, what bothers me more that I had no new mossy trees to purchase today at all. So I am not sure if they return eventually or if I am expected to buy bundles for money to get more mossy logs?

Lastly, I also am required 3 beams and 3 blocks per tower. Same for each Woodland Shield ( 3 beam 3 block 2 fangs)

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 09:19 AM

1- I didn't use gems to buy all of my alicorns.
Some came from the Baron's Tent, some were in-game goal rewards, some came from the Mythic Center, some were purchased on sale with gems freely earned.
I don't have the Love Shack and don't have *nearly* as many weekly white alicorns as some of my neighbors. But regardless, the number of alicorns (or any other energy animals) that ANY player has or how they acquired them shouldn't be a matter of contention between players.
Frankly, what I do in my game, how I play my game or what I buy with my money is my business. Same applies for you & other players, too.

2- You're right; extra energy doesn't matter with an item like the Woodland Bloom with a max of 6 and with a 1.5-hr timer. But extra energy DOES come in handy during events like this for chopping rocks and trees for mossy ore & mossy wood among other things, like attending to the REST of the kingdom.

3- There is no comparison between when a player finishes an event and the point of my post you're addressing: different requirements for the same level players to build the same thing. In fact, I don't believe "fairness" even applies to a player with less alicorns than you finishing an event before you. Numerous reasons can account for when a player finishes: the number of times they log into the game, the amount of time they play the game once logged in, using gems to speed things up, using Elven boosts, buying sidebar bundles, etc.
Those aren't "unfair" advantages; they're matters of personal choice & strategy.
But requiring some level 50 players to craft 2 Woodland beams and blocks in order to build a Woodland Tower while other level 50 players like me are required to craft 3 of the same blocks & beams to build the same tower IS unfair because it's not the acceptable reason of lower requirements for lower levels and no level of personal choice or strategy is even involved or matters at all.

Speculating that some players were asked to build 6 total blocks and beams while other same-level players only had to build a total of 4 for the same goal is because of the number of alicorns & energy sources that player has or the amount of stored energy that player has hoarded or that player's XP level or the amount of money that player has/hasn't spent on the game in the past or any other reasons posted here by my fellow players are just that: Speculations.
The only people who can truly tell us why, if there even IS a true reason for this disparity or if it's just random, are S8 staff that frequent our forum, one of which is PikaSquirrel.

Since we were only told that different requirements for the same actions wasn't a bug, I (& other players) still want more clarity on this matter because we feel we deserve a better explanation than that.

SpiritWind ~ Can you please forward our additional inquiries about this matter to S8 staff, so we get a better answer after the Easter holiday than just "it's not a bug". Thanks!

first of all I'm sorry if the friend NorthWoodsKingdom misunderstood me, my point was not to complain to you but complain with s8 about the difference of requirements in the goals for the players. I also make part of this difference and I have to build 3 beam and 3 block as the friend, also i invested in the game I also have many alis, so I'm on your side and not against you, sorry if I misunderstood ..

Amarice
03-31-18, 09:19 AM
??? Woodland Neckless ??? (Need Real Name)

Real name is Woodland Fang

Chaotarch
03-31-18, 09:29 AM

max is 5:eek:

max 2 for Mothraki Warrior; craft disappear from woodwagon, but you can still craft the woodbeams&blocks in the potion shop

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-18, 09:29 AM
first of all I'm sorry if the friend NorthWoodsKingdom misunderstood me, my point was not to complain to you but complain with s8 about the difference of requirements in the goals for the players. I also make part of this difference and I have to build 3 beam and 3 block as the friend, also i invested in the game I also have many alis, so I'm on your side and not against you, sorry if I misunderstood ..
It's all good, sweetie. ... You misunderstood me and in turn, it appears I misunderstood you, lol.
Misperceptions can sometimes abound in written text, when intent and tone can't be heard and especially, when there's obviously a language barrier.
But still, hope some of my explanations to some of your questions helped.
*hugs* & Happy Gaming! ...and let's hope this event is even WORTH it -- what are we working for again? OH right, we haven't been told THAT either. LOL

PrincessCupOButter
03-31-18, 09:31 AM
I love the rider. Sad it is gems not crowns. It is pretty but not worth what would be around 15-16 €.

That said, what bothers me more that I had no new mossy trees to purchase today at all. So I am not sure if they return eventually or if I am expected to buy bundles for money to get more mossy logs?

Lastly, I also am required 3 beams and 3 blocks per tower. Same for each Woodland Shield ( 3 beam 3 block 2 fangs)

We are only allowed to have 5 mossy oak trees at a time. Do you have any on the board or in inventory? If so, you must completely chop one or more before you can purchase any additional trees. If you have no mossy oak trees, and still cannot buy them, then I recommend sending a message to support along with a private message to Pika or SW to try to expedite it. Keep in mind that we are in the middle of a holiday weekend, so response times may be slow.

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 09:50 AM
s8 this IST crazy, players like me who have to do 3 beam 3 block: justifying:
1-goal 8 - I need a total of 24 (12 beams and 12 blocks)
2-goal 9 - exactly the same as 12 beams and 12 blocks
3- Then only for goal 8 and 9 I need 48 in total (24 blocks and 24 beams)
4-- my collections during the day in bloom: 6--1 / 6--1 / 6--2 / 6--1 / 6--1
5 - With this rate in bloom and with these high requirements (not for everyone) in the goals, I think I'll spend the rest of the days of the event, only to do goal 8 and 9.
6 - as I said this from crazy, I have played for many years and I have not complained about any events until today (and there have already been some bad ones) but this one ....:mad:I mentioned in points I think is too high, because of the rate in the bloom
7-- so s8 minor corrections in this event would not be bad
8 - ps --- I'm not against any other player having it (like me) build 3beams and 3 blocks or 2 and 2. because it's simple: it's not them who make the rules.
*ENCOURAGE A GOOD EVENT FOR ALL

vitorfelix31
03-31-18, 09:53 AM
It's all good, sweetie. ... You misunderstood me and in turn, it appears I misunderstood you, lol.
Misperceptions can sometimes abound in written text, when intent and tone can't be heard and especially, when there's obviously a language barrier.
But still, hope some of my explanations to some of your questions helped.
*hugs* & Happy Gaming! ...and let's hope this event is even WORTH it -- what are we working for again? OH right, we haven't been told THAT either. LOL

;);)

jkc619
03-31-18, 10:08 AM
I feel like I am never going to be able to get past goal 8. I only get enough materials to craft one beam or block every 1 1/2 hours. I am just now crafting my first Woodland shield. Also my woodland wagon is locked and I am reading that some others have them already unlocked. This makes no sense. Why make people angry? This is Easter weekend when a lot of people are busy with families and have no time to come to the game constantly to collect from the flowers. I am trying really hard to not spend gems on this event as I do not think the prizes will be worth it. I am tired of getting animals or people that do not give me drops that are useful to me. I play this game because I like the looks of it but I am really getting tired of being sucked into events that are useless and almost impossible to finish without spending gems.

PrincessCupOButter
03-31-18, 10:15 AM
I feel like I am never going to be able to get past goal 8. I only get enough materials to craft one beam or block every 1 1/2 hours. I am just now crafting my first Woodland shield. Also my woodland wagon is locked and I am reading that some others have them already unlocked. This makes no sense. Why make people angry? This is Easter weekend when a lot of people are busy with families and have no time to come to the game constantly to collect from the flowers. I am trying really hard to not spend gems on this event as I do not think the prizes will be worth it. I am tired of getting animals or people that do not give me drops that are useful to me. I play this game because I like the looks of it but I am really getting tired of being sucked into events that are useless and almost impossible to finish without spending gems.

The woodland wagon is unlocked at part 3, making it available to purchase and build. The crafts inside the wagon remain locked by goal until part 9, because the shields from part 8 are required for crafting.
I agree the drop rate for the nectar is dismal, but I suppose that is by design, in order to encourage purchases of the new walker/rider. :(

Stymie52
03-31-18, 10:21 AM
Goal 11

Build a Woodland Cannon 0/2
Forge Chainmail 0/4
Make Woodland Armor 0/2

Stymie52
03-31-18, 10:23 AM
Woodland Bull
My drop from each Bull was: 1 Woodland Fur, 1 Milk, 1 XP, and 10 coins

kattkrazie
03-31-18, 10:26 AM
There seems to be a lot of confusion about a few things. The wagon being locked is one of them. The player who posted that it unlocked at goal 3 meant that she was able to purchase it at goal 3. The crafts were locked and remained locked for everyone until later goals. So there's no disparity between players at all. Just a big misunderstanding.

And it looks like the players who have to craft more beams, then have to craft fewer fang jewelry. I had to craft 2 blocks and beams rather than 3 but now I have to craft 4 fang whatever's whereas the players that had to craft 3 blocks and beams only have to craft 3 fang necklaces. I think I'd rather have the 3 block/beam requirement personally. But it's not a big deal.

The difference in requirements have nothing to do with numbers of Ali's or amount of stored energy or money spent in the game. I have over 200 Ali's, Level 50 long-time player, massive amount of stored energy, and haven't spent real money on the game at all this year. Yet I'm in the 2 blocks/beams category. NW is right. Only S8 can tell us why the requrements are different. None of the speculation has been correct at all.

olma_ru
03-31-18, 10:28 AM
Reading this thread makes me feel deja vu - the same problems as with the previos event. I'm happy I decided not to participate in this 'war' :/.

Stymie52
03-31-18, 10:30 AM
Goal 11

Woodland Cannon (make this in the Workshop)
4 Woodland Fur, 4 Woodland Block, and 4 Woodland Beam
Time: 2 hours

Chainmail (make this in the Workshop)
35 Iron Ore, 50 Coal, and 5 Silver Ore
Time: 1 hour

Woodland Armor ( make this in the Workshop)
4 Chainmail, 4 Woodland Fur, and 5 Woodland Shield
Time: 1 hour

katbtodd
03-31-18, 10:46 AM
My little warrior droped sap ,needless to say max banner came out !!!!! with all that chopping of corse we are max!!!!!
I was hoping he would drop some useful things we need for the event

Stymie52
03-31-18, 10:52 AM
All the items, so far, are crafted in the Workshop. That will slow us down.
Also, 50 coal requires a lot of rock chopping. In inventory, we can only have 99 coal. 4 Chainmail requires 200 coal.
It is very early, so I am going to try to remain positive.
Happy Easter, or whatever holiday you celebrate, to all!

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 10:52 AM
I?m so behind. Easter! Read on first page that boars are coming from rocks. What i don?t get is, what is the useful spawn we are to look for from rock outcroppings?
Needless to say, whatever this unlimited energy could have been, I missed it. Just no time to deal with it. But it is not fair to our European neighbors. It?s not their fault the Earth is round!!

Can somebody help me please? What else is spawning from rocks?

AnnirasSweets
03-31-18, 10:56 AM

There are no spawns relevant to the event spawning from rocks. I'm just finishing goal 8 and the only place the Woodland Bears come from are the Mills and Mines. I think some people were hoping to get the Glimmer Golem to appear from their rock chopping so they could craft one of the Baby Glimmer Golems from Ivy's Nursery. At least this is what I've gathered from my reading.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about a few things. The wagon being locked is one of them. The player who posted that it unlocked at goal 3 meant that she was able to purchase it at goal 3. The crafts were locked and remained locked for everyone until later goals. So there's no disparity between players at all. Just a big misunderstanding.

And it looks like the players who have to craft more beams, then have to craft fewer fang jewelry. I had to craft 2 blocks and beams rather than 3 but now I have to craft 4 fang whatever's whereas the players that had to craft 3 blocks and beams only have to craft 3 fang necklaces. I think I'd rather have the 3 block/beam requirement personally. But it's not a big deal.

The difference in requirements have nothing to do with numbers of Ali's or amount of stored energy or money spent in the game. I have over 200 Ali's, Level 50 long-time player, massive amount of stored energy, and haven't spent real money on the game at all this year. Yet I'm in the 2 blocks/beams category. NW is right. Only S8 can tell us why the requrements are different. None of the speculation has been correct at all.

I agree that Ali's and energy have nothing to do with the weirdness of the goals as I won a lot of weeklys from the Baron's Birthday event and have lots of stored energy but still only needed 2 of each item to craft my towers. But after reading your post I'm wondering which goal you noticed you had to craft more items for?

Stymie52
03-31-18, 10:59 AM

At first, you need the rocks to make the Woodland Blocks. Later, you chop the rocks for Iron Ore, Coal, and Silver Ore. Any monsters that spawn from rock chopping is a way to get milk to make baby animals (baby golems or direboars) and use up some energy.

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 11:03 AM
Thank you both!

katbtodd
03-31-18, 11:05 AM
Why do we have different requirements to build these towers and shields ,how is this fair!!
It's hard enough with the flowers only dropping 2 nectars of 6 flowers ,if your lucky

katbtodd
03-31-18, 11:14 AM

Katt I'm confused here the fang necklace drops from the woodland bear ,,do you meant the shield that we use the blocks beams and fang necklace for, I do not have to craft it ,

kattkrazie
03-31-18, 11:27 AM
Katt I'm confused here the fang necklace drops from the woodland bear ,,do you meant the shield that we use the blocks beams and fang necklace for, I do not have to craft it ,

Oops, yes. I meant the shield. That's not really jewelry. Sorry.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-18, 11:27 AM
bumping this to the end, cause I spent too much time being verbose for you to not see it ;)

MOo!
*googly eyes*

Um, Chief Beefcake MOothrakianBeefus ~ Methinks you've maybe been eating a lil too much grass, lol.

My brain hurts now & is rattled by about 81.275%. LOL

kattkrazie
03-31-18, 11:32 AM
There are no spawns relevant to the event spawning from rocks. I'm just finishing goal 8 and the only place the Woodland Bears come from are the Mills and Mines. I think some people were hoping to get the Glimmer Golem to appear from their rock chopping so they could craft one of the Baby Glimmer Golems from Ivy's Nursery. At least this is what I've gathered from my reading.

I agree that Ali's and energy have nothing to do with the weirdness of the goals as I won a lot of weeklys from the Baron's Birthday event and have lots of stored energy but still only needed 2 of each item to craft my towers. But after reading your post I'm wondering which goal you noticed you had to craft more items for?

I'll have to re-read the posts (ugh) but I thought someone said they only needed 3 shields whereas I need 4. But as Meeka pointed out, I was confusing fangs with shields. So...never mind. I think more coffee is in order.

ironbull2
03-31-18, 11:42 AM
I had to craft 3 beams/blocks for my tower and still have to craft 4 shields so that is not consistent either. I am a long time level 50 player. I have a decent number of alicorns but nothing like some. 6 weekly and 13 daily.

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 12:02 PM
I had to craft 3 beams/blocks for my tower and still have to craft 4 shields so that is not consistent either. I am a long time level 50 player. I have a decent number of alicorns but nothing like some. 6 weekly and 13 daily.
Me too. 2 towers - 3 each. Now 4 shields - 3 each. I have just over 500K XP and 1 weekly ali. What?s happening?

AnnirasSweets
03-31-18, 12:14 PM
I'll have to re-read the posts (ugh) but I thought someone said they only needed 3 shields whereas I need 4. But as Meeka pointed out, I was confusing fangs with shields. So...never mind. I think more coffee is in order.

Why do you think I asked for clarification? I'm still on my first cup of the day! It's an easy enough mistake to make what with all the Woodland this and that. I'm trying to really pay attention to see both the amounts needed by myself and others because they've got me super paranoid now.

kattkrazie
03-31-18, 12:31 PM
Why do you think I asked for clarification? I'm still on my first cup of the day! It's an easy enough mistake to make what with all the Woodland this and that. I'm trying to really pay attention to see both the amounts needed by myself and others because they've got me super paranoid now.

Haha. They are keeping us on our toes. Interesting experiment they are doing...

newzealander
03-31-18, 01:04 PM
I’m convinced the Bloom spawn rate has dropped from bad to worse. I believe I was getting a 2-3 spawn rate from the blooms for the first few rounds, but I am on Goal 9 now, and it has definitely dropped. I have had one single nectar from my last 3 collections. At this rate, assuming I collect at exactly 1.5 hours all day, every day, allowing for a few sleeps (Although I know S8 doesn’t think we sleep), it’s going to take me 4 days just to get my first Mothraki warrior.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 01:11 PM
I love the rider. Sad it is gems not crowns. It is pretty but not worth what would be around 15-16 ?.

Have you stored and/or placed 5 Mossy Trees?
My sales feature came back as soon as I used one of the 5 I had. I could buy 1.. no possibility of placing another.. now feature is gone again.
The cap of 5 doesn't count the ones you've chopped.. it's what you own at the moment.

Gaillock
03-31-18, 01:32 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned already, but after I cleared all my mossy oaks, I was unable to buy 6 more & store them. Don't know if we will need all of them, but thought I'd let you know they are available.

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 01:35 PM
Hmmm, all you guys with the higher requirements, did you craft more than 1 pastel ali?

AnnirasSweets
03-31-18, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, all you guys with the higher requirements, did you craft more than 1 pastel ali?

That's an interesting angle I would've never thought of; if you don't mind my asking, what correlation are you thinking exists between the two?

Stymie52
03-31-18, 01:46 PM
Goal 11

2 Woodland Armor means 10 Woodland Shields, 8 Woodland Fur, and 8 Chainmail.
8 Chainmail means 400 Coal, 280 Iron Ore, and 40 Silver Ore.

Chopping rocks is also needed to make Woodland Blocks. Chopping for 50 Coal is extremely time consuming. Requires a lot of energy. We will be chopping rocks more than all the Seven Dwarfs combined. There goes my precious money which I was replacing from the Mermaid quest. Slow and steady will go this event.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 01:55 PM
If I'm thinking what you are thinking.. LOL!
.. Pastel Ali I crafted only 1
.. little pastel animals craft was missing
.. and Lower requirements requested to craft the Tower

Honestly if this was purposely programmed to 'ease' the past differences.. a Mossy Beam and a Mossy Block less, has nothing to compare to a beautiful Ali even if it drops 2 energy! No Way! LOL!

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 01:59 PM
Goal 11

2 Woodland Armor means 10 Woodland Shields, 8 Woodland Fur, and 8 Chainmail.
8 Chainmail means 400 Coal, 280 Iron Ore, and 40 Silver Ore.

Chopping rocks is also needed to make Woodland Blocks. Chopping for 50 Coal is extremely time consuming. Requires a lot of energy. We will be chopping rocks more than all the Seven Dwarfs combined. There goes my precious money which I was replacing from the Mermaid quest. Slow and steady will go this event.

Thanks Stymie.. but OMG! I'm already scared to reach there :( This is all day collecting forever!

idrispad
03-31-18, 02:10 PM

Nope.

One pastel alicorn, 3 blocks and beams.

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 02:11 PM
That's an interesting angle I would've never thought of; if you don't mind my asking, what correlation are you thinking exists between the two?

Pika said the different requirements are on purpose. They have written a code to catch something that is distinguishing us. It doesn’t seem to be XP, not # of weekly alis, etc. And S8 have been vengeful, so... Other than that I’m just looking for what it could be. Unless, they wrote a code to randomize the requirements. That could be the solution too.

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 02:13 PM

Honestly if this was purposely programmed to 'ease' the past differences.. a Mossy Beam and a Mossy Block less, has nothing to compare to a beautiful Ali even if it drops 2 energy! No Way! LOL!

Nope.

One pastel alicorn, 3 blocks and beams.
It wasn’t it, Moon! :D

Thanks for clarifying it, idrispad!

newpam575
03-31-18, 02:21 PM
Oh, thank you, I'm glad to know that it's not alicorns ... but the biggest problem is not the towers, but level 8 so far ...
level8
1- forge 4 woodland shields, yes 4
2- every 1 need. 3 beam and 3 block. in total you need 12 of each.
3- With a low rate in bloom and you have to wait 1.5 hours. this in my opinion ist crazy, and I only go on level 8, ist better not think about the other levels 9,10 ...

These are the same requirements that I have. I am wondering if it is based on how much money you spend on the game. I spend a little but I know many spend a lot more. Maybe the more you spend you will get easier goals. I just plan on seeing how far I get in these goals. I am not stressing about them.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 02:21 PM
It wasn’t it, Moon! :D

Thanks for clarifying it, idrispad!
Sooooo happy it wasn't that! I would have felt worst.. even after the wrong timing unlimited energy episode.. lol!

kattkrazie
03-31-18, 02:22 PM
So, the "higher-requirement" players only had to craft 2 extra beams and 2 extra blocks to build the towers in goal 6? That's it? No other differences in the goals?

Pretty boring "experiment".

CharmOfLea
03-31-18, 02:24 PM
These are the same requirements that I have. I am wondering if it is based on how much money you spend on the game. I spend a little but I know many spend a lot more. Maybe the more you spend you will get easier goals. I just plan on seeing how far I get in these goals. I am not stressing about them.

Interesting. I’ve spent $0 in over 12 months. I have higher requirements.

Mistymoo50
03-31-18, 02:39 PM
I missed the weekend warrior as when I logged on Saturday morning it had already expired. I?m in the UK.

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 02:40 PM
Pika said the different requirements are on purpose. They have written a code to catch something that is distinguishing us. It doesn?t seem to be XP, not # of weekly alis, etc. And S8 have been vengeful, so... Other than that I?m just looking for what it could be. Unless, they wrote a code to randomize the requirements. That could be the solution too.
Ummmm! But then why randomize? Doesn't sound logical. Well I think it could be a glitch but having no time to fix it.. just said it's done purposely so we accept and play on.. lol!

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 02:46 PM
I missed the weekend warrior as when I logged on Saturday morning it had already expired. I?m in the UK.
Same here.. I guess everyone on this side of the Atlantic missed out unless they woke up during the night to play or didn't sleep. Even early morning was already too late to prepare and conclude.

PurpleScorpion76
03-31-18, 03:01 PM

Crafted 1 Pastel Ali, all gem purchases including Ali?s have been earnt through game play no real life money spent. Level 50, XP 744512. Playing since May 2014. No love shack here. Have one 40 energy animal per day and a sprinkling of the daily Ali?s / Unicorns.

We?ll never truly know.

PurpleScorpion76
03-31-18, 03:01 PM
Same here.. I guess everyone on this side of the Atlantic missed out unless they woke up during the night to play or didn't sleep. Even early morning was already too late to prepare and conclude.

Yep I tried it and it didn?t work failed on the last part being given a whole 40 mins to complete it.

Jackiesq
03-31-18, 03:23 PM

Yep I tried it and it didn?t work failed on the last part being given a whole 40 mins to complete it.

I was "lucky", my pain woke me up at 2.30.😩 Finished everything in 2 hours in the middle of the night... But if I have to choose for tonight, I'll go for a good sleep iso an event with very useful energy. Because I need that extra energy myself too......
No alarms set for tomorrow, time to close my eyes. 😴

stormyskater
03-31-18, 04:16 PM
Interesting. I’ve spent $0 in over 12 months. I have higher requirements.

I don?t spend real money. I have the lower requirements.

podunkiana
03-31-18, 04:25 PM
Pika said the different requirements are on purpose. They have written a code to catch something that is distinguishing us. It doesn?t seem to be XP, not # of weekly alis, etc. And S8 have been vengeful, so... Other than that I?m just looking for what it could be. Unless, they wrote a code to randomize the requirements. That could be the solution too.

So S8 has extended random drops to also include random requirements. Great whats next? Random quests?

VersaceMorrow
03-31-18, 04:29 PM

I'm on the west side and I was too busy yesterday to check in past noon so I missed out too. Oh well, sounds like it would have been frustrating so maybe it was for the best. I'm a bit lukewarm toward this whole event anyway.... tired of all the green building materials we have already and none of the prizes look interesting to me. The skull sh*t is just creepy and while I don't use sound and can't hear the burping, the idea seems a bit juvenile and frat boyish. I am kind of half-assing my way through this one, not ignoring it but not trying very hard either.

PrincessCelestian
03-31-18, 05:37 PM
I don?t spend real money. I have the lower requirements.

I spend money weekly and have higher requirement. This week I DID NOT spend money. Bad move S8.

absolutegetter
03-31-18, 05:37 PM
So on the cards on the front page it says- Woodland Shield- 2 Fangs, 2 Blocks, 2 Beams. Is anyone actually getting that? Because I have to make 3 each of the blocks and beams.

PrincessCelestian
03-31-18, 05:39 PM

Nope. Not this either. Crafted only one. Bought the other three. Have higher requirements

PrincessCelestian
03-31-18, 05:44 PM
Haha. They are keeping us on our toes. Interesting experiment they are doing...

What about social rating? Could that be it? I have no social rating and higher requirements.

SpiritWind00
03-31-18, 05:56 PM
So on the cards on the front page it says- Woodland Shield- 2 Fangs, 2 Blocks, 2 Beams. Is anyone actually getting that? Because I have to make 3 each of the blocks and beams.
ShibuyaCloth may be a player with different requirements. I'm trying to record all differences in my posts which you should use instead.

AnnirasSweets
03-31-18, 06:05 PM
What about social rating? Could that be it? I have no social rating and higher requirements.

I'm terrible about visiting (unless it's goal related) and had the lower requirements.

Stymie52
03-31-18, 06:21 PM

Mine also is 2 Fangs, 3 Woodland Blocks, and 3 Woodland Beams. Very strange!

PrincessCelestian
03-31-18, 06:24 PM
I'm terrible about visiting (unless it's goal related) and had the lower requirements.

Wow. I have no idea then. I have to say that as a long time player that has spent money the entire time, this move is the one that I find most insulting that S8 has ever done. No player should be punished because they are loyal and spend money.

AnnirasSweets
03-31-18, 08:44 PM
Wow. I have no idea then. I have to say that as a long time player that has spent money the entire time, this move is the one that I find most insulting that S8 has ever done. No player should be punished because they are loyal and spend money.

I completely agree, if there is any actual correlation to be found (other than just randomly picking certain accounts to get different goals) I'm sure it'll be figured out. After all, look how many of us are constantly thinking about it in the back of our minds. Which I think goes to show how much the inequality is bothering us.

As for the goals, I'm just getting ready to go to Goal 9; with the amount of Nectar needed, I'm a little behind because I've had to do RL things to get ready for the holiday tomorrow. Thank goodness it looks like the only major thing I'll have to do to finish the goals is to continually check in for Nectar. Not sure how much time I'll actually have to dedicate to this so it's a relief to know I won't fall insanely behind if I live my life normally!

GlvtenFree
03-31-18, 08:54 PM
I have higher requirements and terrible internet so...? i have spent money on this game, i play alot and am lvl 50 so u can add those into figuring this out LOL oh and only 10 alicorns

edit: sorry SW i didnt know that first sentence was bad just a guess imo

peachtreeshoppe
03-31-18, 10:25 PM
I?m way back on building the tower. I?ve only been able to get 5 blocks and 5 beam so far with my flower drop rate.

I?m thinking it won?t be doable but I?ll keep going a few more days. I?ll cross my fingers that we can buy more flowers, the flowers drop better, or... somehow some side goal affords us a prize of 20 nectars, that?d be nice!

riverly
03-31-18, 10:31 PM
Do the 4 shields crafted in Goal 8 unlock the warrior in the wagon on Goal 9?

My blooms are not dropping so it's taking 2 days to get the 4 shields on goal 8.

SpiritWind00
03-31-18, 10:33 PM
Yes. As soon as goal 9 comes up the craft opens. The second craft remains locked.

riverly
03-31-18, 10:35 PM
Yes. As soon as goal 9 comes up the craft opens. The second craft remains locked.Thanks. Reading through these pages it sounded like a lot of players were stuck on Goal 9. That didn't sound right.

SpiritWind00
03-31-18, 10:35 PM
Official drops

Mothraki Warrior

Living Wood
Sap
Wood

Mothraki Knight

Longsword
Light Armor
Simple Feast
Hearty Feast
Mithril

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 11:28 PM
Official drops

Mothraki Warrior

Living Wood
Sap
Wood

Mothraki Knight

Longsword
Light Armor
Simple Feast
Hearty Feast
Mithril

Good Morning and Happy Easter to All.
Wow! The Knight has great drops! The Warrior seems common drops so far, but crafting them seems out of reach at this stage.

I'm stuck since y'day on 8th due to the Nectar drops. My fixed drops are 2 each collection. Even if I'm using the timer, due to holiday interruptions it's VERY difficult to collect all. At this speed.. with all the Nectar needed I'm in difficulty without the walker boost as I have to wait to craft the basic mossy blocks and beams. BUT I know this is S8's intention.. decisions, decisions!

My thought is 400Gems is an outrageous amount for another walker whose use is null after-event. But it's clear without spending this app. 20Euros it can't be finished even if I'm glued to the device without sleeping!

But why o why is it so expensive? I've never been afraid to face chopping nor ridiculous collections.. but when one basic material is rare.. or you buy the boost or you just step aside! So..... this event is definitely for those who spend. It would have been all ok if the walker/rider remains a boost for all events thereafter, but this is wishful thinking!

Is there anyone further ahead than 8th who is able to keep up the basic nectar collections and crafting without the boost? Comments would be appreciated.

eastie41
03-31-18, 11:29 PM
Hi.

As a long-time player (2013); I’d like to add my thoughts to this discussion regarding the goal requirements. I suggest that there may an algorithm that randomized craft requirements in all the goals. The game-theory would be that based on the randomization, sometimes a player may receive the easier requiement and sometimes the harder. And, a player may only receive all the easier or all the harder crafting goals. The reason why is to create anticipation of what one encounters and how the player adjusts in real-time to their goals. The forum provides an excellent resource to help us know the goal steps in advance and pre-plan. However, that is not the design of the “game”, the “game” is the “play in-game”, as each player interacts with each goal and makes decisions/actions. The developers flex their muscles by randomizing elements in the game design. I think that they expect that players will be upset, confused.....and stay engaged because they want to uncover the “what comes next “ . I have more to say, but wanted to brief and hope that I conveyeded myself clearly. Thanks for reading.

My thanks to the awesome moderators and fellow CS players. :o Really love our community.

(Yes, I do accept new neighbors.):cool:

MoonVillage3
03-31-18, 11:36 PM
Hi.

As a long-time player (2013); I’d like to add my thoughts to this discussion regarding the goal requirements. I suggest that there may an algorithm that randomized craft requirements in all the goals. The game-theory would be that based on the randomization, sometimes a player may receive the easier requiement and sometimes the harder. And, a player may only receive all the easier or all the harder crafting goals. The reason why is to create anticipation of what one encounters and how the player adjusts in real-time their goals. The forum provides an excellent resource to help us know the goal steps in advance and pre-plan. That is not the “game” the “game” is the “play in-game”, as each player interacts with each goal and makes decisions/actions. The developers flex their muscles by these elements in the game design. I think that they expect that players will be upset, confused.....and stay engaged because they want to uncover the “what comes next “ . I have more to say, but wanted to brief and hope that I conveyed myself clearly. Thanks for reading.

My thanks to the awesome moderators and fellow CS players. :o Really love our community.

(Yes, I do accept new neighbors.):cool:

Yes.. with all the suggestions that were made this could be the reason on top of the list. Suggestions before were not logical.. but I see logic here.
S8 would never waste time planning different codes if not for an important reason. This could be one as involves future programming and play.

koalamama3
03-31-18, 11:50 PM
Here is my theory... I think it's how many EXTRA energy u would get outside of the starting 40....
as in how many alicorns (daily and weekly), unicorns or other energy animals, and Wizard schools u have. The more energy-droppers u have, the higher ur requirements are. I say this because Im currently at level 47 (which mean I'm a high level player) but got the lower requirements (only had to build 2 towers, not 3). I have 4 Ali's (wedding, rainbow, faerie, and crafted pastel), 1 unicorn, and 2 wizards schools.
I know tats hardly anything compared to the rest of u high level 50+ with over 10 Ali's.
Again, just a theory. Good luck y'all. Happy Easter!

PurpleScorpion76
04-01-18, 12:29 AM
tired of all the green building materials we have already and none of the prizes look interesting to me. The skull sh*t is just creepy and while I don't use sound and can't hear the burping, the idea seems a bit juvenile and frat boyish. I am kind of half-assing my way through this one, not ignoring it but not trying very hard either.

It?s funny, the reason i?d like to complete this one is because it is so different from anything else we have in the kingdom, yes, completely creepy, but then I?ve got two very creepy looking things in my house and I love them because they are creepy looking. I didn?t get the walker because I?m so close to getting another Ali and 400 gems is way too much for something that we normally get given at the end of a quest. Having said that I?ve got 7 Weekly energy giving animals and half the time at a loss as to what to do with the extra energy. I?m usually coming on here to find why the next steps are and what I need to chop or collect from to get a little ahead.

AinoDK
04-01-18, 01:16 AM
Maybe it's based on nationality: All Europeans get higher requirements

Stymie52
04-01-18, 01:27 AM

I am from the US and all my requirements have been higher.

zoroak
04-01-18, 02:05 AM
Did those with lower requirements purchase the walker at the start, before the towers goal?

koalamama3
04-01-18, 02:14 AM
Here is my theory... I think it's how many EXTRA energy u would get outside of the starting 40....
as in how many alicorns (daily and weekly), unicorns or other energy animals, and Wizard schools u have. The more energy-droppers u have, the higher ur requirements are. I say this because Im currently at level 47 (which mean I'm a high level player) but got the lower requirements (only had to build 2 towers, not 3). I have 4 Ali's (wedding, rainbow, faerie, and crafted pastel), 1 unicorn, and 2 wizards schools.
I know tats hardly anything compared to the rest of u high level 50+ with over 10 Ali's.
Again, just a theory. Good luck y'all. Happy Easter!

Ooops, spoke too soon. Wrong theory afterall. After making 2 towers for goal 6, I had to make same amount of shields= 4x (2 fang+3 beam+3 block) for goal 8. 😞

suzishine
04-01-18, 02:14 AM
Hi all, have anyone experienced to loose energy too quickly/ I had full energy and then after using about half suddenly everything was gone....

zoroak
04-01-18, 02:40 AM
Ooops, spoke too soon. Wrong theory afterall. After making 2 towers for goal 6, I had to make same amount of shields= 4x (2 fang+3 beam+3 block) for goal 8. 

We all have to make 2 towers, it?s just that for some it?s 2 blocks and 2 beams while for others it is 3. I believe this also applies to shields.

idrispad
04-01-18, 02:47 AM

:D

I jokingly thought that. In light of the fact I do know that Americans also got the higher requirement, I?d guess it?s all Europeans plus anyone else they fancy being mean to.

Not really, I suspect it it some random thing or a set of many criteria. Whatever it is, it?s really unfair and serves no positive purpose that I can see.

VersaceMorrow
04-01-18, 03:26 AM
:D

I jokingly thought that. In light of the fact I do know that Americans also got the higher requirement, I?d guess it?s all Europeans plus anyone else they fancy being mean to.

Not really, I suspect it it some random thing or a set of many criteria. Whatever it is, it?s really unfair and serves no positive purpose that I can see.

And a bit irritating, the whole "yes it's intentional and we don't have to tell you why" tone of the response.

katbtodd
04-01-18, 04:01 AM
Good Morning and Happy Easter to All.
Wow! The Knight has great drops! The Warrior seems common drops so far, but crafting them seems out of reach at this stage.

I'm stuck since y'day on 8th due to the Nectar drops. My fixed drops are 2 each collection. Even if I'm using the timer, due to holiday interruptions it's VERY difficult to collect all. At this speed.. with all the Nectar needed I'm in difficulty without the walker boost as I have to wait to craft the basic mossy blocks and beams. BUT I know this is S8's intention.. decisions, decisions!

My thought is 400Gems is an outrageous amount for another walker whose use is null after-event. But it's clear without spending this app. 20Euros it can't be finished even if I'm glued to the device without sleeping!

But why o why is it so expensive? I've never been afraid to face chopping nor ridiculous collections.. but when one basic material is rare.. or you buy the boost or you just step aside! So..... this event is definitely for those who spend. It would have been all ok if the walker/rider remains a boost for all events thereafter, but this is wishful thinking!

Is there anyone further ahead than 8th who is able to keep up the basic nectar collections and crafting without the boost? Comments would be appreciated.

I did not get the boost ,yes nectar is hard but doable , waiting on my last shield to make my second warrior
Sorry I have two shields to go One is in the work shop so I will be working on the last one when that one comes out

katbtodd
04-01-18, 04:03 AM
May be the requirements have to do with the amount of time spent on the game
Or who visits there neighbors ,
Hard to tell with S/8

kolakid2
04-01-18, 04:10 AM
Did those with lower requirements purchase the walker at the start, before the towers goal?

Bought walker right from start (even before goals started as wasn‘t paying attention)
Have the higher 2/3/3 requirements :((

zoroak
04-01-18, 04:17 AM
Bought walker right from start (even before goals started as wasn?t paying attention)
Have the higher 2/3/3 requirements :((

:(

Perhaps lower requirements may be for those who purchased the sale bundle? Don?t know, just putting out guesses here. I have the higher requirements and it SUBSTANTIALLY SLOWS down progress when you have 50% greater number if items to collect/craft. But don?t count on me spending if this is a ploy to persuade those with higher requirements to do so.

katbtodd
04-01-18, 04:31 AM
:(

Perhaps lower requirements may be for those who purchased the sale bundle? Don?t know, just putting out guesses here. I have the higher requirements and it SUBSTANTIALLY SLOWS down progress when you have 50% greater number if items to collect/craft. But don?t count on me spending if this is a ploy to persuade those with higher requirements to do so.

Did not buy the boost or the sale bundle
I'm lost for words why S/8 would do this

PurpleScorpion76
04-01-18, 04:39 AM

I note it?s written after midnight April Fools? Lol.

Add: maybe they thought they were getting to all those in the UK that voted for Brexit.

zoroak
04-01-18, 04:57 AM
Did not buy the boost or the sale bundle
I'm lost for words why S/8 would do this

It’s a massive handicap for those with the higher requirements. If say you can normally finish the event in 10 days on the low requirements, it will take you roughly 15 days on higher requirements, all else being equal! :(

I’m still on goal 9 but if I had the lower requirements, would be on goal 11 at least...

riverly
04-01-18, 05:15 AM
I just noticed we have to make 2 warriors!!!

This kind of reminds me of the little Toadette quest.

AinoDK
04-01-18, 05:28 AM

Add: maybe they thought they were getting to all those in the UK that voted for Brexit.

lol ;)

puzzlecatz
04-01-18, 05:31 AM
Maybe the higher requirements were given to players who usually finish more quickly in the quests. I need 3 of each beams and blocks, have been playing for 2 years, have several alicorn, spend money in the game.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 06:05 AM

Nope.. I'm in Europe and got low requirements

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 06:08 AM
Nope.. low requirements and no walker yet. I'm still contemplating

danzplace
04-01-18, 06:13 AM
My thought is that the higher totals are for players who spend small gems to finish before bed. I know I’ll spend two gems her, one there moving to a next step to get some sleep and have things “brewing” overnight. Getting higher totals will force my hand to do this more in order to stay on task. The other theories are great, but none apply to me.

zoroak
04-01-18, 06:19 AM
Nope.. low requirements and no walker yet. I'm still contemplating

Did you buy the value pack bundle?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-01-18, 06:40 AM
OMG, y'all!! ...more pages & pages about why the requirements are different??!

Ok. Here's mine:
*Maybe* S8 randomly assigned different requirements to players who have nothing whatsoever in common as far as level, spending or playing habits, location or anything else and S8 put it into play either as an April Fool's joke or just for their amusement, so they could sit back and watch us try to figure it out! lol
There are probably side-bets in the office in Cali for how many DAYS (and how many PAGES on this forum) players will try to figure it out by posting guesses & discussing theories and speculations! lol
...and in the end, they're not gonna say anything else to us about it beyond "it's not a bug" which will leave us scratching our heads about it long after this quest is over. LOL

PS. Happy April Fool's Day, y'all!
Join me in swapping your ruler avatar's gender for the day! :)

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 06:44 AM
Did you buy the value pack bundle?

no I didn't.. cross that one out too.. lol!

Irma_Isle
04-01-18, 06:48 AM

Ok. Here's mine:
*Maybe* S8 randomly assigned different requirements to players who have nothing whatsoever in common as far as level, spending or playing habits, location or anything else and S8 put it into play either as an April Fool's joke or just for their amusement, so they could sit back and watch us try to figure it out! lol
There are probably side-bets in the office in Cali for how many DAYS (and how many PAGES on this forum) players will try to figure it out by posting guesses & discussing theories and speculations! lol
...and in the end, they're not gonna say anything else to us about it beyond "it's not a bug" which will leave us scratching our heads about it long after this quest is over. LOL

Yes. April foolllsss...

And they will said this. Because people in the forum will busy figured it out why wi randomly give different requirement, they wont have time to searching a loop hole. Lol

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 06:52 AM

Ok. Here's mine:

Ahhhhh! you got it NW!
As I posted y'day.. they say it's not a bug, so they don't have to fix it. And.. we just keep on our guessing game instead of yelling "fix it". The forum atmosphere is not angry nor threatening.. just a guessing game and silently accepting the bug.

BTW.. post #396 has a good theory on the subject

beefus
04-01-18, 07:01 AM
And here I thought I could spin a conspiracy theory... Anyhoo, few things for this morning:

1) I need to get out more

2) I oft times hold S8's feet to the fire over silly things, but overall, I feel they deserve a thank you.

Thank you S8.

3)The Weekend Warrior mostly worked... I think they should do a +12hrs start time time shift and kick it off again with no warning this weekend.
(And knowing more now of how it works, understanding and execution, player response of those that happen to complete the event could improve?)

4) Without the Walkin Bear, I are at 33%. With the Walker I are at 50% (That's just what I've figured in my little world... your mileage may vary.)
It doesn't sound like much, but I can make 2 items at a time now, instead of 1, 2, 1, 2...

5) All hail the MOoThraki!!

MOo!

Beefus
MOothrakian Chief Beefcake

zoroak
04-01-18, 07:13 AM
no I didn't.. cross that one out too.. lol!

;) I give up, it?s probably random, like the drops! :p

PrincessCelestian
04-01-18, 07:25 AM

Bahahahahhahahahha!!! This is the best theory yet!!!! And probably makes as much sense as the other theories. So I am giving up on my quest to discover WHY the requirementsare different and just yelling at S8 that they need to fix it!!! And until it?s fixed, I am withholding my $10 a week that I spend on this game. So that?s just dropped your revenue by a minimum of $520 a year S8. Probably more really because sometimes I go over my budget. Like my husband normally lets me spend $100 for my birthday which is in 3 weeks. I will be spending that on books instead of this game if there is no resolution to the inequality before then. I have enough inequality in real life, I don?t need it randomly in this game as well.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 07:35 AM
And here I thought I could spin a conspiracy theory... Anyhoo, few things for this morning:

1) I need to get out more

2) I oft times hold S8's feet to the fire over silly things, but overall, I feel they deserve a thank you.

Thank you S8.

3)The Weekend Warrior mostly worked... I think they should do a +12hrs start time time shift and kick it off again with no warning this weekend.
(And knowing more now of how it works, understanding and execution, player response of those that happen to complete the event could improve?)

4) Without the Walkin Bear, I are at 33%. With the Walker I are at 50% (That's just what I've figured in my little world... your mileage may vary.)
It doesn't sound like much, but I can make 2 items at a time now, instead of 1, 2, 1, 2...

5) All hail the MOoThraki!!

MOo!

Beefus
MOothrakian Chief Beefcake

Well Good Mornin Chief MOo Beef.. Happy Easter and April Fool's Day!
Thanks for %'s on the weird Walker.. I did break down and buy for the only reason I can't craft continously with the low nectar drops and I'm lagging way behind just waiting for them. Just hoping my investment is worthwhile as the price is outrageous!

Stymie52
04-01-18, 07:38 AM
;) I give up, it?s probably random, like the drops! :p

I am with you. It most likely is random, as are many other things in this game.
Back to the game. Goal 11 is beastly. Just finished collecting 400 coal. I parked a beast, and collected coal almost all day yesterday. There are many parts to this goal, and, unfortunately, all are crafted in the Workshop. Every hour or two, you have to collect and craft again. Goal 12 has to be easier.

comeseecomesah
04-01-18, 07:53 AM
Different requirements with no explanation is the big subject here. The thought of us being experimented on as suggested is not pleasant to put it politely but it happens all over the world!
Well....we know s8 doesn't use their time to programme anything unless there's money in it for them! There are things in this game that people have repeatedly asked to be fixed/changed but have not been done....the most I think being a gem spend confirmation button!! Money is made from our mistakes/ game rollbacks/glitches.
If there's money to be made it gets done! Yes event glitches get sorted so we don't give up.
Yes it's a business but...one can CHOOSE to run a business with or without integrity!! It's often said here that happy players spend money!
I think I hang on to this game in hope things will get better but it seems it's getting worse for me! I've stopped spending in their other games for same reasons,and stopped playing now.

I have to stop talking now...for my sanity!!

zoroak
04-01-18, 07:57 AM
Back to the game. Goal 11 is beastly. Just finished collecting 400 coal. I parked a beast, and collected coal almost all day yesterday. There are many parts to this goal, and, unfortunately, all are crafted in the Workshop. Every hour or two, you have to collect and craft again. Goal 12 has to be easier.

Yikes, thanks for the heads up! I should start crafting the 2nd warrior in an hour?s time and goal 10 shouldn?t take too long. Will reach the beastly goal 11 tonight. With our requirements, it’s just 50% more difficult for us in this group!

fesxdgdgsgfb
04-01-18, 08:03 AM
Could it be number of royal points?

Although I’m level 50, I must have a low number of points — or at least items giving points out on my board — which I know because I can’t readily expand. For some of the expansion spaces I only have about 80% of the points needed. I probably really do have the building necessary, but my queendom is arranged in a way that produces a low number of points. I was also one of the 2/2/2 people.

3510 royal points

butterfly_25
04-01-18, 08:35 AM
Could it be number of royal points?

Although I’m level 50, I must have a low number of points — or at least items giving points out on my board — which I know because I can’t readily expand. For some of the expansion spaces I only have about 80% of the points needed. I probably really do have the building necessary, but my queendom is arranged in a way that produces a low number of points. I was also one of the 2/2/2 people.

3510 royal points

Good thinking! I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

I am not sure what is considered high to S8 though, as I required "2" of each item in goal 6 and have over 5000 RP currently on board. It turns out that just before the start of the event, I took out some high RP buildings in order to open an expansion. Usually my RP are lower than I used to have back in the day due to space and event requirements.

AnnirasSweets
04-01-18, 08:38 AM

First of all: Yikes! I shudder to think of what goal 12 has in store.

Second of all, thanks to your posts I've made sure I have every coal and iron dropper on my board and ready to go when I need them.

Also, I'm not sure I like the set up of these recent events, with the event crafting building only being useful for items that we can only craft when specified. I'm tired of getting these buildings that only serve a purpose for a short period of time then get moved off to storage to be forgotten. Although there are several things I'm not completely thrilled with, I can't put my finger on the exact reason why I dislike this event so much.

I can say it's definitely not the artwork, I think these little guys look awesome and I'm already thinking of where I'll place them on my board once the event is over. I'm still debating over the Woodland Rider, while I think the price is absolutely ridiculous and I hate that I feel pressured into buying, I'd really like to see him lumbering around my board...decisions, decisions.

PrincessCelestian
04-01-18, 08:39 AM

I am not sure what is considered high to S8 though as I required "2" of each item in goal 6 and have over 5000 RP currently on board. It turns out that just before the start of the event, I took out some high RP buildings in order to open an expansion. Usually my RP is lower than I used to have back in the day due to space and event requirements.

I am just over 4000 and have the higher requirements so nope. I think it may be those of us that actually bothered to buy the rider at the beginning or perhaps they randomly picked people to have a higher drop rate and higher requirements. Even before I bought the rider I had a 50% or so drop rate on nectar. And now it?s usually over that.

PrincessCelestian
04-01-18, 08:45 AM
I have enacted my fast worker boost because I have more nectar than I can use at the moment to make blocks and beams. But I am worried at some point I am going to outstrip that and I will have been pointless to use those boosts. Right now my biggest problem is not being able to craft stuff fast enough in the workshops.

meme1098
04-01-18, 08:51 AM

Ok. Here's mine:

Yep...I agree with you. S8 is just pulling our strings here & I'm 99.9% sure there's an office pool going on this. It's the condescending tone of that response though that gets me.

& the speculation continues! Wonder who'll be the big winner at S8 after the goal's timed out?

& the speculation is continuing. And continuing...lol

butterfly_25
04-01-18, 09:13 AM
I am just over 4000 and have the higher requirements so nope. I think it may be those of us that actually bothered to buy the rider at the beginning or perhaps they randomly picked people to have a higher drop rate and higher requirements. Even before I bought the rider I had a 50% or so drop rate on nectar. And now it?s usually over that.

Well that theory was short lived! Lol. Not surprised. It seems like the best bet is that it is random.
I had the lower requirement for goal 6 and never bought the rider. I just wish the nectar was easier to get :p

CharmOfLea
04-01-18, 09:21 AM

I am not sure what is considered high to S8 though, as I required "2" of each item in goal 6 and have over 5000 RP currently on board. It turns out that just before the start of the event, I took out some high RP buildings in order to open an expansion. Usually my RP are lower than I used to have back in the day due to space and event requirements.
Is there anybody who has higher requirements and was at more than 5000 RP at event start?

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 09:51 AM
Another idea.. maybe

Usually lower level players are given lower numbers of crafting during events.. and is a fact we all know.
But.. that doesn't mean all higher levels players are able to finish events.
Could it be a test to see if higher level players, given also a lower amount of materials to craft, the % of players able to finish the event rises?
One of the questions always asked is 'Were you able to finish the event?' and never has it been a high %.
Maybe S8 wants to consentrate on making events positive for more players and they need stats on possibilities?
Developing this theory.. lower crafts were given out to xx random higher level players, but in order to see results in the final poll.
Maybe?

LawyerLynn
04-01-18, 09:51 AM
Is there anybody who has higher requirements and was at more than 5000 RP at event start?
Yes, I have over 5000 RP and have the higher requirements.

ironbull2
04-01-18, 09:57 AM
I am over 5000 points and had the higher requirements.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 10:07 AM
If we all take whatever we have in storage and place on the board, without layouts, just packing one next to the other, I think all higher level players would reach at least double that amount. It's that RP's are there, but we don't like cramming the kingdom. So both higher and lower requirements could have more than 5000RP, as what's placed on the board is not realistic.

Would you believe we're passing our Easter thinking of this? LOL! I'm enjoying my quiet and relaxing holiday.. waiting on my flowers to bloom.

butterfly_25
04-01-18, 10:13 AM
I am mistaken about when I upped my RP to 5000+. There was a glitch with my RP when I opened the expansion so I took a screenshot. I just checked it and it was on day 1 of the event. It was in the late evening but it was also before I reached goal 6. My goal 6 was with lower requirements. So it still doen't seem like a match. :/

AnnirasSweets
04-01-18, 10:30 AM
If we all take whatever we have in storage and place on the board, without layouts, just packing one next to the other, I think all higher level players would reach at least double that amount. It's that RP's are there, but we don't like cramming the kingdom. So both higher and lower requirements could have more than 5000RP, as what's placed on the board is not realistic.

Would you believe we're passing our Easter thinking of this? LOL! I'm enjoying my quiet and relaxing holiday.. waiting on my flowers to bloom.

I know, right? It's about as bad as getting a terrible song stuck in your head! I'm making sure to take a CS break each time I take something out of the oven. This way, I'm sure to check in but I don't have to set a timer specifically for CS as I'm positive I'd forget on such a busy day.

Denkris111
04-01-18, 10:44 AM
Maybe the higher requirements were given to players who usually finish more quickly in the quests. I need 3 of each beams and blocks, have been playing for 2 years, have several alicorn, spend money in the game.

This was my thought as well. I feel like the flower's low drop rates had this intention too, requiring us to play continually even if we have plenty of energy sources.

29vanilla
04-01-18, 10:56 AM
I was going to sit this one out but since most of the forum discussion is regarding the lucky group (craft 2 vs craft 3 issue) I decided to take the plunge. Call me a sucker for the love of this game. But for the past year I’m not super sure about that. More likely, frustration and anger comes to mind. Hence not so much enthusiasm to start this one.

On this account I am in the “unlucky” group as I’d like to call it. I’ll post back on my other account.

My theory: it’s random like the drops in everything this game is about. But they’ve written in a new “random” rule that pertains to how many items to craft for any particular item they want to designate.

Recall: looking and waiting and waiting for the much needed drop. Some players received many and some players either didn’t finish bc the drops never came or some players spent gems.

This is S8s goal. The have’s and the have nots. Hoping the have nots will buy gems.

Wishing they’d return to main story line some year. Good luck everyone!

29vanilla
04-01-18, 11:05 AM
Or it’s a glitch and they don’t want to admit it. But doubt that very much. I play Bakery Story and Dragon Story and I’m slowly closing down my play in both of those games. Rarely if ever I participate in goals anymore bc like this game, S8 wants 24/7 play in order to achieve results or you spend gems to attain coveted items. It’s ridiculous. These are games for enjoyment. Have fun and play or not I guess. Lol

jkc619
04-01-18, 11:37 AM
I have over 8000 RP and have the higher requirements. I also spend a bunch on this game as I consider it part of my entertainment budget. I have been playing for over 5 yrs, have lots of ali's and play regularly except for about a year when I had quit because I was angry with the way the game was going. I am beginning to have to feeling again. Why would they want to risk making people that spend money on the game angry? I do not get it

jkc619
04-01-18, 11:41 AM
Question. If you buy the bundle, can you still chop rocks and trees and get the mossy wood and stone? You get 120 mossy stone and 100 mossy wood so isnt that going to put you at your limit?

Denkris111
04-01-18, 11:47 AM
Question. If you buy the bundle, can you still chop rocks and trees and get the mossy wood and stone? You get 120 mossy stone and 100 mossy wood so isnt that going to put you at your limit?

This limit is 999, as I learned with that infinite energy event lol

olma_ru
04-01-18, 12:17 PM
I have less than 5000 RP but higher requirements.

CharmOfLea
04-01-18, 12:30 PM
I have over 8000 RP and have the higher requirements. I also spend a bunch on this game as I consider it part of my entertainment budget. I have been playing for over 5 yrs, have lots of ali's and play regularly except for about a year when I had quit because I was angry with the way the game was going. I am beginning to have to feeling again. Why would they want to risk making people that spend money on the game angry? I do not get it
Thank you for putting that theory to rest.

I get that, I?ve been angry too and skipped months of play. Now I?m bored. The story is stuck. I have more animals than I ever cared for. More heavily breathing monsters on the board than I ever cared for. After all, as Meeka puts it, this is not a zoo story. And with this event I?m just collecting nectar and fangs, still undecided how boring this one is.

Jennerwein1
04-01-18, 12:59 PM
The Woodland Rider disappeared from my market. Was that a limited offer, for the low, low price of only 400 gems? Did I miss something?
Edit: found him. Still at the incredibly low price of 400 gems. I think I’ll pass.

idrispad
04-01-18, 01:02 PM
The Woodland Rider disappeared from my market. Was that a limited offer, for the low, low price of only 400 gems? Did I miss something?

It’s in the Town Square, not the market.

Jennerwein1
04-01-18, 01:04 PM
It’s in the Town Square, not the market.
Thanks. Found him.

100Anne
04-01-18, 01:39 PM
I wonder if the different requirements are based on XP. Maybe they are differentiating low level 50 players from high level 50 players like they do with lower level players in other events. Once you reach level 50, XP doesn’t mean a lot anymore but it still accumulates.
I was lucky enough to have the lower requirements and my XP is 223,945. Did anyone with lower XP than me have the higher requirements?

GC5410
04-01-18, 01:48 PM
I’m surprised the walkers cost as much as 400 gems (especially since it only gives an extra chance of drops and not guarantee), when the nectar only cost 5 gems each anyway. That means 400 gems could instantly buy 80 nectar, enough for 40 beams/blocks, whereas 400 gems on the walker will only get you an increased chance of nectar drops and you still have to spend several (3? 4? 5? More?) days collecting every 1.5 hours to get up to 80 extra nectar (on top of what you would have already got anyway).

scavaig
04-01-18, 02:23 PM
Another idea.. maybe

Usually lower level players are given lower numbers of crafting during events.. and is a fact we all know.
Could it be a test to see if higher level players, given also a lower amount of materials to craft, the % of players able to finish the event rises?
One of the questions always asked is 'Were you able to finish the event?' and never has it been a high %.
Maybe S8 wants to consentrate on making events positive for more players and they need stats on possibilities?
Developing this theory.. lower crafts were given out to xx random higher level players, but in order to see results in the final poll.
Maybe?

I like this. Sounds logical to me. Make it more difficult for those who finish early and easier for those who don't usually finish - a nice helping hand from S8

Fits my situation - level 50 , 20 or so Ali's, say 100 extra energy a day from all sources, lots of rp's - don't finish every quest - have lower requirements.

However, even though I'm in the lower requirement group and there is no way I'm going to be able to finish this one - lower requirements or not ;-)

Just one question - how can they tell?????? ;-)

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 02:29 PM
I’m surprised the walkers cost as much as 400 gems (especially since it only gives an extra chance of drops and not guarantee), when the nectar only cost 5 gems each anyway. That means 400 gems could instantly buy 80 nectar, enough for 40 beams/blocks, whereas 400 gems on the walker will only get you an increased chance of nectar drops and you still have to spend several (3? 4? 5? More?) days collecting every 1.5 hours to get up to 80 extra nectar (on top of what you would have already got anyway).

The drops definitely change if you have the walker. Before getting the walker I received a regular 2 nectar at each collection, not enough to do continued crafting.. now I'm getting 4 to 5 and crafting with the boost. For the time being if boosted drops don't change.. I've doubled my collecting.
I haven't worked out the stats yet.. I'm just crafting ahead, but got stuck on 8th for 2days due to lack of nectar. I figured at that pace I wouldn't have days enough to finish, as last goals are very demanding as reported and then measured the pro and cons.

... It does say the walker boosts ALL drops needed: nectar, wood, ore, fur.. so should help in other collections and crafting, not only nectar.

... Another reason was on week days a 90 minute collection is difficult for me.. I would surely miss some.. plus this would continue for another 10 days! Now it's resolved.

... Last reason was having all the walkers in the set so far.. this one even if differently proposed would be missing.

barbarix
04-01-18, 02:38 PM
Weekend warrior on Easter weekend with needing more energy than I had for the first goal was a very quick no nothing... sorry... hope it was worth it for those who followed through..🐥🐥🐥🐣🐣

PrincessCupOButter
04-01-18, 02:44 PM
Another idea.. maybe

Maybe?

I like this. Sounds logical to me. Make it more difficult for those who finish early and easier for those who don't usually finish - a nice helping hand from S8

Fits my situation - level 50 , 20 or so Ali's, say 100 extra energy a day from all sources, lots of rp's - don't finish every quest - have lower requirements.

However, even though I'm in the lower requirement group and there is no way I'm going to be able to finish this one - lower requirements or not ;-)

Sorry to mess up another plausible theory, but I got the easier (lower) requirements and I am an upper level 50++, with over 6k Royal points on the board and plenty of extra energy sources. I also have a lot of time to play, and finish almost all goals with time to spare, while spending less than 20 gems per quest. Oh, and I did not purchase the new walker or any value packs. By all theories, I should have been in the harder group. (Although I am certain my turn is coming at some point.)

The few timed quests I have not finished are by choice, either because I decided I did not want to do them at all (gothic buildings) or just lost interest (tea party, and at this point, very likely this one).

I?ve decided to chalk it up to the fact that it was either a bug they did not want to fix, or some bizarre April Fools social experiment. And I agree, there?s probably a pool going to see A) if we will ever guess the correct answer and B) to see how long we will keep trying.
Either way, I?m out. S8 has enough of my time, I refuse to give them any more rent free space in my head.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 02:50 PM

I would think they would judge from the final poll. Handing out xx% of lower requirements, the poll should have a higher % of being able to finish even if not the xx% they gave out.
I did notice in the last 2/3 events were easier and days to complete the events were more. It seemed there was concern. Well actually.. it's useless to make events impossible as it's not good publicity and players will give up instead of hanging on. What's the use of an impossible game? No fun! And how can developers know what kind of players are on the other end? Testing random groups.
Certainly this is my opinion and my imagination is wild and maybe far away from the real facts.. ;)

kattkrazie
04-01-18, 03:13 PM
S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

IT person - Ok. How will I know if they've gone to bed?

CEO - Duh, if their account is inactive for 8 hrs.

IT person - What if the inactivity means they're just at work?

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 03:19 PM
@ Princess
All could be possible.. we've made a guessing game within a game and don't think we will ever get an official answer. Our forum thread is invaded by thoughts instead of helpful posts.. different from other events.
It's holiday, a lazy day.. lots of time so no stress on thinking.. at least for me. I've always finished every event, long time player, have time, have secondary energy and just like you.. don't see why I got low requirements. LOL!

ShibuyaCloth
04-01-18, 03:20 PM
Some speculation about the materials:

Items # Mossy Wood Mossy Ore Woodland Nectar Wooden Beam Woodland Block Woodland Fur Woodland Fang Chainmail Woodland Shield Woodland Armor
Woodland Tower: 2 96 108 24 6 6
Woodland Cannon: 2 128 144 32 8 8 8
Mothraki Warrior: 2 384 432 96 24 24 16 8
Mothraki Knight: 2 960 1 080 250 60 60 16 40 16 20 4
Total 1 568 1 764 402 98 98 24 56 16 28 4

If we need 2 Knights, this will be a ****er in terms of Nectar. That means you need to successfully harvest 24 nectars a day from your blooms. With the current drop rate of 50% I would estimate 8 harvest a day for 6 blooms should in average be sufficient. A lot! Ore & Wood in it self is a challenge, but for those with the unlimited energy pack will definitively feel the boost.

PS: I had 55 min to finish the warrior boost, cost me my daily ali pack (18 piece), 1 weekly ali, 22 gems (speed-ups). Did not get the second boost just 2 full energy refill. But overall the 15 min happy hours helped me fully fill my wood and ore reserve to 999.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 03:23 PM
S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.

LOLOLOLO! love this one!

100Anne
04-01-18, 03:29 PM
I wonder if the different requirements are based on XP. Maybe they are differentiating low level 50 players from high level 50 players like they do with lower level players in other events. Once you reach level 50, XP doesn?t mean a lot anymore but it still accumulates.
I was lucky enough to have the lower requirements and my XP is 223,945. Did anyone with lower XP than me have the higher requirements?
Anyone?

kolakid2
04-01-18, 03:49 PM
Goal 12:
Meet at Old Thomas House (Visit ... spawned Mothraki King)
Fight Off Mothraki King (25hits) Woodland broken Sword (Unlocks in Magic Forge)

Goal 13:
Repair Woodland Sword 2hours (think reward from fighting Mothraki King...as was in Magic Forge ready to be repaired)
(Needs: broken Woodland Sword/25 Iron Ore/15 Coal)

Return to Thomas House (visit... spawns Mothraki King)

Fight Off the Mothraki King (Reward:unlocks Mothraki Knight in Woodland Wagon)

kolakid2
04-01-18, 03:59 PM
Goal 14:
Knight Sir Bran (make in Woodland Wagon...1 hour)
Needs:2 Woodland Armour ( 2 from Goal 11 count)
5 Woodland Nectar
3 Lumin Essense

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 04:01 PM
I wonder if the different requirements are based on XP. Maybe they are differentiating low level 50 players from high level 50 players like they do with lower level players in other events. Once you reach level 50, XP doesn?t mean a lot anymore but it still accumulates.

You're saying they're trying to divide 50th levels in groups A and B depending on their XPs?
But how can these 2 categories be judged by giving more or less crafts?
They can be divided by just reading their XPs without further details.
Nope.. I don't see how crafts can establish these groups.
My requirements were low and XPs 4 times as much.. this doesn't give an answer.

BTW.. there is already a table in the Hub of assumed calculations of future levels, basing on facts.

butterfly_25
04-01-18, 04:07 PM
I have less than 5000 RP but higher requirements.

This is the opposite of mine, so this theory is certainly a bust.

Regarding XP, I thought the same thing but we compared numbers yesterday and realized that XP is not a factor either. Who knows, there could actually be a number of factors in place.

MoonVillage3
04-01-18, 04:08 PM
@ Kolakid
Thanking you! and YIKES! This is very, very demanding.

Now I see why the S8 discussion was created....
To take your thoughts and comments off an impossible event :(

AuntGma
04-01-18, 04:09 PM
S8 Board Meeting:

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!! This sounds exactly like group meetings I had to attend before I retired. Decisions don?t have to make a lick of sense to be made. We called them ?Harvey Decisions?. Yep, good old Harvey thought it was a great thing to do, even though it made no sense at all. I think upper management at S8 is packed with Harveys.

In my never-to-be-humble opinion, this quest had the potential to be a nice, leisurely, achievable quest until Harvey stepped in. At that point it became a fiasco. Again.

PrincessCupOButter
04-01-18, 05:11 PM
S8 Board Meeting:

Too funny! And probably eerily accurate. Thanks for the much needed laugh!!

88silver
04-01-18, 05:27 PM
My guess is that it's random. They've randomly divided us into two groups and at the end of the event, they'll do an analysis to see if there was any difference in participation, gem spending, bonus pack buying, etc. They certainly have that kind of access to data. They're doing an experiment on us without our consent.

butterfly_25
04-01-18, 06:16 PM
S8 Board Meeting:

This is just GREAT! Bravo. Lol :D

newpam575
04-01-18, 06:21 PM
S8 Board Meeting:

Love it. I sleep, go to work, and take care of my family. So I get to make more beams and blocks.

100Anne
04-01-18, 06:32 PM
You're saying they're trying to divide 50th levels in groups A and B depending on their XPs?
But how can these 2 categories be judged by giving more or less crafts?
They can be divided by just reading their XPs without further details.
Nope.. I don't see how crafts can establish these groups.
My requirements were low and XPs 4 times as much.. this doesn't give an answer.

BTW.. there is already a table in the Hub of assumed calculations of future levels, basing on facts.

Thanks, Moon. I was actually wondering if they might be thinking of extending the levels past 50. In the past XP was the only factor that affected your level. Players who have been playing longer (or just spent more time in game) will have higher XP.

I was aware of that table but I’m not particularly interested in it as it was just made up by a player for some fun to challenge themselves and other players to make the game more interesting for themselves. I’m still working through things in my goal book and haven’t hit the extreme boredom that some older players have - maybe when I get there I’ll go back and have a look at the table.

PrincessCelestian
04-01-18, 08:00 PM
My guess is that it's random. They've randomly divided us into two groups and at the end of the event, they'll do an analysis to see if there was any difference in participation, gem spending, bonus pack buying, etc. They certainly have that kind of access to data. They're doing an experiment on us without our consent.

Well. I have higher requirements and purposefully am not spending any real money during this event. I am mad now that I bought the rider with gems before I knew about these inequalities.

riverly
04-01-18, 08:53 PM
I will be on Goal 10 tomorrow. Is having more than one bull necessary since I'm waiting on the nectar. Or is having 2 bulls recommended? Is bull fur hard to get? I know they are just 500 coins, but I don't need more farm animals.

RevdKathy
04-01-18, 10:54 PM
I'm hanging on by a thread here. I work full time (and Easter means more, not less, work) I look after my disabled husband and oddly I need to sleep (shame that). I've missed a number of timed goals because life wouldn't let me check in throughout the day or night.

I finally got a handful of daily alis and one weekly, plus my wizard schools and built up a small stash of gems for things worth buying. I have spent money on the game: about ?100 over two and a half years, which doesn't seem much to some I suppose but is a huge extravagance to me.

And now it seems S8 have introduced something to penalise me for the effort I've put in to make the game fun for me. I suspect there's no purpose at all to the differences and they're just as random as everything else in this game. But it doesn't excite me to play. :(

CathyDucky
04-01-18, 10:55 PM
I bought 5 bulls and received only 3 fur from 1st collection. Next collection is another 4-hr later.

newzealander
04-01-18, 11:47 PM
Some speculation about the materials:

Items
#
Mossy Wood
Mossy Ore
Woodland Nectar
Wooden Beam
Woodland Block
Woodland Fur
Woodland Fang
Chainmail
Woodland Shield
Woodland Armor

Woodland Tower:

Woodland Cannon:

Mothraki Warrior:

Mothraki Knight:
1 080

Total

1 568
1 764

If we need 2 Knights, this will be a ****er in terms of Nectar. That means you need to successfully harvest 24 nectars a day from your blooms. With the current drop rate of 50% I would estimate 8 harvest a day for 6 blooms should in average be sufficient. A lot! Ore & Wood in it self is a challenge, but for those with the unlimited energy pack will definitively feel the boost.

PS: I had 55 min to finish the warrior boost, cost me my daily ali pack (18 piece), 1 weekly ali, 22 gems (speed-ups). Did not get the second boost just 2 full energy refill. But overall the 15 min happy hours helped me fully fill my wood and ore reserve to 999.

Someone is getting a 50% drop rate for nectar??! I am under 33% for the last 40 hours. 50% sounds like a dream!

MoonVillage3
04-02-18, 12:11 AM
Well. I have higher requirements and purposefully am not spending any real money during this event. I am mad now that I bought the rider with gems before I knew about these inequalities.

so far differences has been only one.. not! considering the free limit energy offer which was an obvious miscalculation and hope will be offered again.
considering all the crafting and chopping we'll have to do before reaching the end.. the difference is minimum even though inequal.
if you have the rider.. life will be easier as the drops are more abundant, even though an all day control of the game is needed to keep crafting and collections continuous.

I calculated it's extremely difficult and constant babysitting for 10 whole days without the rider. this event is time-consuming in the beginning.. adding energy-consuming towards the end.

MoonVillage3
04-02-18, 12:24 AM
Someone is getting a 50% drop rate for nectar??! I am under 33% for the last 40 hours. 50% sounds like a dream!

50% and more is found only with the rider.
I had exactly 2 nectars as regular drops, only once 3 and even 1 and none.
Seeing the problem got the rider y'day.. now I get rarely 3, mostly 4, and even 5.
So now I do have continous crafting during the day. It's expensive but worthwhile. I'm sure more than 400gems would have to be added if one chooses to add gems to finish.
Full-time and over-time attention would be needed however without the rider.. and only day-time attention with the rider.

newzealander
04-02-18, 01:21 AM
50% and more is found only with the rider.
I had exactly 2 nectars as regular drops, only once 3 and even 1 and none.
Seeing the problem got the rider y'day.. now I get rarely 3, mostly 4, and even 5.
So now I do have continous crafting during the day. It's expensive but worthwhile. I'm sure more than 400gems would have to be added if one chooses to add gems to finish.
Full-time and over-time attention would be needed however without the rider.. and only day-time attention with the rider.
Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I am averaging 1 or 2 nectars per collection. My last 3 collections have all been 1. Therefore, on that basis, and looking at Shibuya’s chart above, I will not be able to finish this unless I give up sleep and my job, or spend 400 gems. I’m not spending that many gems on something that may still not guarantee me anything at the end, so it seems I’m out.

Ginnyfe
04-02-18, 01:52 AM
I only have to craft one armor to get the knight. Level 30.

scavaig
04-02-18, 01:59 AM
Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I am averaging 1 or 2 nectars per collection. My last 3 collections have all been 1. Therefore, on that basis, and looking at Shibuya’s chart above, I will not be able to finish this unless I give up sleep and my job, or spend 400 gems. I’m not spending that many gems on something that may still not guarantee me anything at the end, so it seems I’m out.

Yes, even with lower requirements I will be no where near finishing this one - unless it looks like I buy the rider. Do I spend 400 gems hoping the final rewards will be worth it and chance that I will finish?

Nah, time to call it a day after a war bravely fought ;-)

PurpleScorpion76
04-02-18, 02:07 AM
I only have to craft one armor to get the knight. Level 30.

Well that?s promising if it stays the same for all the players. I did think it would go this was as we got 5 chickens 4 cows etc? in last quest. But of course s8 is changing the requirements much more than they were.

GC5410
04-02-18, 02:21 AM
Anyone else noticed a nectar drop increase? Or is it just luck of the draw?

I was getting 2 or 3 drops per 6 collections, but for my last 4 collections, I’ve had 4 or 5 drops per 6.

It’s given me a welcome boost!

(I don’t have the walker)

butterfly_25
04-02-18, 02:34 AM

I was getting 2 or 3 drops per 6 collections, but for my last 4 collections, I’ve had 4 or 5 drops per 6.

Congrats! Mine have been horrible the last couple of days, including this morning. Hoping today is a much better day!

mistycarrie
04-02-18, 02:44 AM
Am I reading this right - we need 200 coal to make the chain mail plus all the other bits.
That’s me out then I’m afraid

katbtodd
04-02-18, 02:46 AM

You been lucky then in 3 collection ,I only gotten 2 and I mean 2 in the 3 collection ,that's not good odds

newzealander
04-02-18, 02:58 AM

You are definitely lucky there! I have averaged less than 2 per collection. I vary between one and 2. I did have one collection of 4 right at the beginning but never since. You seem to be getting walker-level drops. Good for you!

Destiel0918
04-02-18, 03:01 AM
Seems like lucky draw to me - I often get barely 1 out of 6.

I really HATE this event, having to craft 2 warriors, and 3 beams etc - I would get if higher level players would have harder time - since we do often have more resources, and more energy. But this is so unfair.

Having to make 8 shields in total is truly draining me, especially since almost everything is blamed on nectar TERRIBLE drop rate. If I often get just 1 nectar per collection - then it already takes me like 3 hours to have enought for 1 stupid block or beam. And I would need 6 for 1 shield... Considering giving up on this event totally - just disappointed in it. I COULD'D probably complete it, if I really wanted. But seeing how pointless it seems currently - no idea even WHY I should want to finish - I doubt the grand prize is worth it. I sort of imagine it dropping things I've already maxed out on.

AnnirasSweets
04-02-18, 03:46 AM
After a hectic day yesterday, I finally got around to placing my second Mothraki Warrior this morning. However after placing my Woodland Bulls I noticed another difference in my goals vs. the front page: I only have to collect 3 Wooldand Fur vs the 4 that others have to gather.

This seemed odd to me as I'll have to collect way more than that anyway to craft the Woodland Cannons. But when I looked again, first page claims Woodland Cannon needs 4 of everything to craft but mine only needs 3 of everything.

My goal 11 is the same as page 1 and my Woodland Armor has the same requirements so it looks like it's just the Cannons but still... This is not okay S8, event goals are not meant to be randomized!

MoonVillage3
04-02-18, 03:56 AM
After a hectic day yesterday, I finally got around to placing my second Mothraki Warrior this morning. However after placing my Woodland Bulls I noticed another difference in my goals vs. the front page: I only have to collect 3 Wooldand Fur vs the 4 that others have to gather.

This seemed odd to me as I'll have to collect way more than that anyway to craft the Woodland Cannons. But when I looked again, first page claims Woodland Cannon needs 4 of everything to craft but mine only needs 3 of everything.

My goal 11 is the same as page 1 and my Woodland Armor has the same requirements so it looks like it's just the Cannons but still... This is not okay S8, event goals are not meant to be randomized!

did you have less requirements in the tower crafting?
trying to figure if lower requirements are constant for same players or changes.
I'm not there yet.

AnnirasSweets
04-02-18, 03:58 AM
did you have less requirements in the tower crafting?
trying to figure if lower requirements are constant for same players or changes.
I'm not there yet.

Yes, I only needed 2 of everything to craft the towers.