PDA

View Full Version : Neigbours

mattdiner
03-29-11, 12:30 PM
I enjoy the fact that all of the games include a feature to tip, gift, and chat with neighbors, but I have come to the point where I could care less about tips. I still continue to tip everyone back to be generous, but 20 coins a tip does not leave a scratch at all on the total amount of money I have. It wouldn't be much, but perhaps you can implement a feature where every level up makes your tips you collect worth 1 coin more. Another feature I think would be cool is the gifting of money and items (perhaps even food) that would come out of our own pockets. Every so often, maybe I'd want to surprise one of my neighbors with 100,000 coins on a holiday. :)

Mogwai4111
03-29-11, 02:21 PM
I too recently stopped tipping. I get about 5000 coins an hour from food at an average a little over 3 coins a dish, equivalent to 250 tips. That doesn't take into account the cost of cooking though so probably closer to 180 coins, equivalent to tipping 30 neighbors. That takes quite a bit of time.

I think the most useful thing about tips is the experience you get but I didn't run the numbers to see how it compares to exp from food.

GroupMagma
03-29-11, 03:06 PM
The experience is valuable, and it keeps us busy while we wait for recipes to finish. But I'll forward your feedback about the amount of coins to our dev team. Thanks for the input! :D

aeropedia
03-29-11, 03:08 PM
I too recently stopped tipping. I get about 5000 coins an hour from food at an average a little over 3 coins a dish, equivalent to 250 tips. That doesn't take into account the cost of cooking though so probably closer to 180 coins, equivalent to tipping 30 neighbors. That takes quite a bit of time.

I think the most useful thing about tips is the experience you get but I didn't run the numbers to see how it compares to exp from food.
Same. I haven't totally stopped tipping, but I don't tip nearly as much anymore. Other than to please your neighbours, it's just not worth the hassle anymore when you have plenty of cash and nothing new to spend it on anyway.

Donnahh
03-29-11, 03:35 PM
I enjoy the fact that all of the games include a feature to tip, gift, and chat with neighbors, but I have come to the point where I could care less about tips. I still continue to tip everyone back to be generous, but 20 coins a tip does not leave a scratch at all on the total amount of money I have. It wouldn't be much, but perhaps you can implement a feature where every level up makes your tips you collect worth 1 coin more. Another feature I think would be cool is the gifting of money and items (perhaps even food) that would come out of our own pockets. Every so often, maybe I'd want to surprise one of my neighbors with 100,000 coins on a holiday. :)

I could not agree more. I did start to tip again in RS and BS, and I water daily for my FS neighbors but tipping ... ugh. It just doesn't seem worth the effort and time. I was recently sick for 4 or so days and now it is going to take forever to get back up to 4 star on RS and BS ... so I'm not tipping anymore. Just watering, and gifting for all games.

sehana
03-29-11, 05:58 PM
I don't tip/water/clean as often either, maybe if the tips were in the hundreds I'd be more willing to spend more time for all the story games.
I do tip/water/clean back those who had tipped when I have time, but I mostly just gift daily.