PDA

View Full Version : I can't post messages..Android 7.0

LorisStuff
02-08-17, 11:18 AM
They have checked. Unfortunately, this is a compatibility issue with Android 7.0. You can try to use a third-party keyboard to get around it, but unfortunately, Storm8 is not sure if Android will resolve this.

I am having an issue since I got my new phone yesterday a Moto Z Force Droid version 7.0. It is happening on Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. When I am in the game and tap on my wall to post a message or a neighbors wall to post a message I use to tap on the message box and the keyboard would come up for me to type a message and then post it. Now the keyboard is not coming up. Storm 8 apps are the only apps this is happening on. I have tryed a bunch of other apps and I have with no problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game just to make sure that would fix the issue and it did not. I am on game version 1.6.0.2g

HELP!

SparklyOctopus
02-08-17, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear that! Are you using the keyboard that comes with the device or is it a third party keyboard you're using? Please let us know.

LorisStuff
02-08-17, 12:41 PM
I keyboard will not pop up on the screen of my phone to even use it in any Storm8 game.

SparklyOctopus
02-08-17, 12:51 PM
I keyboard will not pop up on the screen of my phone to even use it in any Storm8 game.

Hey there. Did you download and install a third party keyboard? If so, can you change it to the default one in Settings? Make sure to force close the game and then reopen it. Let me know if you are able to write on your wall.

LorisStuff
02-08-17, 01:23 PM
nope no third party keyboard

SparklyOctopus
02-08-17, 03:35 PM
Hmm, ok. Do you mind PMing me and we'll figure out what's going on.

LorisStuff
02-08-17, 04:28 PM
Sent PM

Kmf52017
09-02-17, 07:46 AM
When I try to type in a message or neighbors ID, my keyboard flashes for a second then disappears. I have been unable to add neighbors etc due to this issue. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times on my Android. Any suggestions?

Rynetory2
09-02-17, 08:11 AM
Are you using the device's default keyboard or 3rd party keyboard? What specific device are you using? Can you restart your device and try again using the default keyboard?

Kmf52017
09-04-17, 07:53 AM
I have a Droid turbo. I have turned the phone off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled, I use the default keyboard but it sounds like I'm not the only one who has had this issue. Any advice??

Rynetory2
09-04-17, 08:30 AM
Let me try to find out more.

Rynetory2
09-07-17, 05:52 AM
I have a Droid turbo. I have turned the phone off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled, I use the default keyboard but it sounds like I'm not the only one who has had this issue. Any advice??

They have checked. Unfortunately, this is a compatibility issue with Android 7.0. You can try to use a third-party keyboard to get around it, but unfortunately, Storm8 is not sure if Android will resolve this.

HannaSylp
09-12-17, 05:05 AM
I also have this problem in Bakery Story. When I contacted support about the issue I got a reply that they do not have support for that game/ issue at this time. I forget the exact wording but that's it in a nutshell. They replied with absolutely no help whatsoever. It's a really big pain and disappointment!! I am having to text a message for my game in my note pad of another app, copy it, then go back into my game and paste it when I need to communicate with my Bakery Story neighbors.

pixiegamer
09-12-17, 06:23 AM
I also have this problem in Bakery Story. When I contacted support about the issue I got a reply that they do not have support for that game/ issue at this time. I forget the exact wording but that's it in a nutshell. They replied with absolutely no help whatsoever. It's a really big pain and disappointment!! I am having to text a message for my game in my note pad of another app, copy it, then go back into my game and paste it when I need to communicate with my Bakery Story neighbors.

Unfortunately, as Rynetory2 mentioned above, this is an Android compatibility issue. You may need to download a third-party keyboard to restore the functionality:

starbeambabii
03-24-18, 04:33 AM
Hello :) My Bakery Story name is nazboo and my Storm I.D is starbeambabii. When attempting to write and post a message on my own wall or a neighbours wall - the keypad shows up for a spiltting second then disappears. This has been happening for almost two weeks with multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall the game with still no success in having my keypad stay on screen to write a message. BTW my phone is a Alcatel Android and the version says 7.0 Thank you!

starbeambabii
03-27-18, 02:20 AM
**** update ***

A mod helped me figure it out.. thank you to them! If anyone has this problem try downloading another keyboard from the google play store or whatever your phone uses.. then set it to default through settings.. ok thanks bye :]

kooky panda
03-27-18, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the tip! This is a known issue for Android 7.0 software.

Rynetory2
03-30-18, 07:20 PM
**** update ***

A mod helped me figure it out.. thank you to them! If anyone has this problem try downloading another keyboard from the google play store or whatever your phone uses.. then set it to default through settings.. ok thanks bye :]

You are most welcome! :D

anfranc07
07-13-18, 07:17 AM
I also am not able to use my keyboard, I have tried both keyboards and is still not working

Rynetory2
07-13-18, 09:08 AM
I also am not able to use my keyboard, I have tried both keyboards and is still not working

Welcome to the forum. Are you using an Android device. Can you try this?

anfranc07
07-18-18, 07:28 AM
It's still not working,I really like the game but there's really no point if I can't even add neighbors. I'll never even be able to build new equipment etc... Guess I'll just uninstall

Rynetory2
07-18-18, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear that. :( Hopefully the next Android version update can fix this.