PDA

View Full Version : Gnome, Sweet Gnome! - 2018 Mar 21 (POLL ADDED)

Pages : [1] 2

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 03:40 AM
Gnome, Sweet Gnome! Android and iOS. This is a Goal Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Please use Farm 2: Buy/Sell (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98021-Farm-2-Buy-Sell-Thread-2) thread for sale of items.
Any off topic or buy/sell posts in this thread will be removed. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
See Post #2 for event information. Thanks Judyandthecat for keeping it updated for us.

Gnome Gathering is availabe in the Market/Pets for purchase once you get your gnome. You can complete either or both Gnome Goals to get your pet gnome(s).

Fixed. :)

Please take note.

For players without the craft option of fried mushrooms in the Deep Fryer,

I've reported this in earlier. Please hold for the team to investigate and fix this. Keep collecting from your gnomes and sending your deliveries in the mean time.

Please see/post in this bug thread. Thanks. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103689-Missing-fried-mushroom-in-deep-fryer

Event updates:

Updates:

Here are some updates for this event. This event will end in 10 days. The Gnomes goals, which expire later, are available for members who have the items but haven't decided their pet yet.

1. The event drops (mushrooms, logs, gnomes, etc.) will stop after 10 days when event ends
(check timer on event icon on middle right of screen)

2. We should be able to still craft the items needed for gnome coins to 17 days
(provided you have enough drops ingredients already in your barn) -> reconfirming

3. We can craft the gnome coins after the event ends
4. We have 17 days to complete goal 8 to get the gnome.
5. Goals 1 to 7 goals expire when the event ends in 10 days.
6. You can get 2 gnomes pets. Both gnome goals are available until you complete them.

For Point 2, I'm double confirming if the event craft options in Bakery, Kitchen, etc are available after the event ends. I'll post again when I get more news. Make sure you collect enough drops before the event ends in 10 days.

Missing Gnome Goals - fixed :)

Hey Guys,

I've reported over that our Gnomes goals have disappeared. Please hold for the team to check/fix this for us. Thanks.

Poll

I'm going to start the poll later since we have this unexpected issue. You can only vote once, so I'm going to wait a bit before I put the poll up.

I've reported this issue over to the team and flagged this as urgent. For those who have ingredients for crafting gnome coins, don't rush to sell them. Let's wait for them to fix this for us. For members who have sent me a pm on this issue, I've replied to your pms. Will post as soon as I have more news. Thanks.

Just to keep you all posted...

The team is looking at both these issues right now! They sent their apologies for the inconvenience! They're working on getting these things turned back on.

Let us remain calm and wait a bit for them to check and fix these issues. They need a bit of time to look into these, besides it's night time for Storm8. We should hear more in the morning. They need some time but they will get everything fixed.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. :)

Barn and silo expansions: fixed :)
New Upgrades
Barn (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247793&viewfull=1#post1247793) - new max capacity at 1,280
Silo (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Building-Guide&p=1247815&viewfull=1#post1247815) - new max capacity at 1,280

POLL Questions

1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you get a gnome?
3. Which goal were you at when the event ended?
4. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 01:11 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43132

Ok just walked in looks like an event is coming soon...to a farm near you!
A GNOME
MAKE A CHOICE TO WHICH ONE YOU WANT.

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. Find Gnome on your farm and tap on him to get Gnome Spice
2. Complete all goals of "Uncommon Gnomenclature" to pick your own gnome
3. Decide which gnome you like to have

- Help Piper and win Ms. Gnome
- Help Morgan and win Mr. Gnome

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
There's a GNOME loose on the farm! I didn't even know they could move around! Could you see if you could find the little guy? He'll be somewhere hiding on your farm tap him when you see him!
Get 3 of the Gnome's GNOME spice!
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Mardi Gras GNOME, 3 experience points
Ok I found 1 this is what you are looking for!

Goal 2 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
Wow! That GNOME is fast! Every time we've caught him he's run away! But he is dropping some GNOME Spice as he leaves...I wonder if we might be able to lure this GNOME to come live with us! What else might that GNOME like to eat?
Send 5 plane deliveries
Get 1 Spore Sprout (random drop from plane deliveries)
Buy 1 Mossy Log from the market
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 GNOME decoration , 3 experience points

Goal 3 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
Mushrooms! That's perfect! A hearty round of Mushroom offerings will surely bring this GNOME to our home. Let's get chopping! Gnome-ronimo!
Add Spore Sprouts to 1 mossy log or stump
Collect 1 Porcini (from putting spores on a log)
Make 12 Fried Mushrooms in the deep fryer
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 name GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe for Fried Mushrooms
In the Deep Fryer
15 minutes
3 GNOME Spice (from the GNOME)
1 Porcini (from the mossy logs or stumps)

Goal 4 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
Mushrooms!? Blech! If you're gonna make that poor GNOME eat mold, you might as well make sure it's tasty!
Get 10 bacon for Piper
Find 1 Portobello Mushtoom (random drop from pigs)
Bake 5 Stuffed Mushrooms
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 prize GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe Baked Mushrooms
Bakery - 30 minutes
6 GNOME Spice
2 Porcini
2 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Cheese

Total items needed for 5 Stuffed Mushrooms
30 GNOME Spice
10 Porcini
10 Portobello Mushrooms
15 Cheese

Goal 5 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
Don't let Piper gross you out. Mushrooms are completely edible and very tasty! I have a few recipes up my sleeve that the GNOME will surely love!
Make 1 Burger Bun (in the bakery)
Make 4 Mushroom Burgers (in the kitchen)
REWARDS: 200 coins, Santa GNOME, 3 experience buns

Recipes
Burger Bun
15 minutes in the bakery
1 flour

Mushroom Burger
30 minutes in the kitchen
8 GNOME Spice
3 Porcini
3 Portobello Mushrooms
1 Burger Bun

Totals needed for Goal 5
4 flour
4 Burger Buns
32 GNOME Spice
12 Porcini
12 Portobello Mushrooms

Goal 6 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
My Mushroom Stew recipe is sure to make that GNOME want to make our farm his GNOME sweet GNOME!
Harvest Maple Trees 5 times
Collect 1 Chanterelle (random drop from maple trees)
Make 3 Mushroom Stew
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe
Mushroom Stew
1 hour in the kitchen
12 GNOME Spice
6 Porcini
5 Portobello Mushrooms
1 Chanterelle

Total for Goal 6
36 GNOME Spice
18 Porcini
15 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Chanterelle

Goal 7 of 7: Uncommon Gnomenclature
Wait a minute,....Morgan has seen only one GNOME? I've seen another GNOME looking for flowers around the pond!
Would' ya help me make a flower terrarium? I'll bet I can get MS GNOME to come out for us!
Get 1 Iris from the pond
Collect 1 soft moss from the mine
Make 1 Mushroom Terrarium in the studio
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 bee GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe for Mushroom Terrarium
In the studio 1 hour 30 minutes
10 irises
6 soft moss
18 Portobello Mushrooms
4 Chanterelle

Important Notes
When mining you do not get the soft moss when you are mining upon exiting you get.
When fishing you don't catch the iris on the hook you catch a fish then perhaps an iris kind of floats up from pond.

This is what follows:

I'm unable to attach pictures, something about image not recognized. So here

These come after Step 7

Welcome Mr. Gnome.
1. Get Gnome Coins. (Make in studio)
2. Give Morgan 5 Gnome Coins
3. Give Morgan Terrarium (give 1)

Welcome Mrs. Gnome
1. Visit community members 20
2. Give Piper 5 Gnome Coins
3. Give Piper Terrarium (give 1)

Recipe for 1 Gnome Coin
12 deep fried mushrooms (step 3)
5 baked mushrooms (step 4)
2 burgers (step 5)
1 mushroom stew (step 6)
2 hours in the studio

All the stuff we made is merely 1 coin. We gotta repeat 4 times

My planes and pigs are on strike, no spores or mushrooms ...

I don't want to be all negative
So, I'm going to try to finish this event ... somehow
I didn't complete the Cookie Pop event. And this event reminds me so much of Cookie Pop. Let's hope there is no more steps after Welcome Mr. Or Mrs. Gnome.

Side Goal (optional)
Totally Stumped
Get a Mossy Stump x1
REWARDS: 35 gems, 1 xps

Gnome Man's Land
Get the Gnome Crossing Sign x1
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 xps

Event Prizes
Ms Gnome or Mr Gnome
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Gnome Crossing sign

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 01:12 PM
Just in case we need another info post for pics

Paul__
03-21-18, 01:38 PM
Oh I love events....racing to the game now.

Did you get like an event preview popup? I didn't.

Paul__
03-21-18, 02:40 PM
A GNOME
MAKE A CHOICE TO WHICH ONE YOU WANT.
Oh I love events....

It looks like the Gnomes are pets because there is now a Gnome Gathering in the Market but it’s lokcked by goal.

Paul__
03-21-18, 02:44 PM
What is the difference between the Messy Log and the Messy Stump.

Scalezzzz
03-21-18, 02:45 PM
This is cute!

Paul__
03-21-18, 02:51 PM
I’m kinda disappointed that we didn’t get an Easter Event. We didn’t really get a Christmas event, New Years, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s day and now Easter.

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 02:56 PM
Goal 1 of 7
Uncommon Gnomenclature
There's a GNOME loose on the farm! I didn't even know they could move around! Could you see if you could find the little guy? He'll be somewhere hiding on your farm tap him when you see him!
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 prize name, 3 experience points

Ok found one

kindefarm1890
03-21-18, 03:05 PM
Oh No. I have been waiting for an event with gnomes for some thing and now there is one and I am going on vacation in two days which will last until the event ends. I wonder how much time I can hide from the family to get some play time in. I guess I will need to pray the we get a lot of rain. The gnome in the second task looks like the one from the Mardi Gras event last year. Can anyone confirm this if the same gnome?

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 03:11 PM
Ok looks like PLANE deliveries to get this

kindefarm1890
03-21-18, 03:23 PM
Mardi Gras gnome is from the first goal and if you tap on him he spins around. Jester gnome is from the second goal.

zxzxzp
03-21-18, 03:28 PM
What is the difference between the Messy Log and the Messy Stump.

Looks like one is bought with 35 gems and one with 500 coins...and are one time use...I am guessing there might be better drops with the gem one

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 03:41 PM
Goal 2 of 7
Wow! That GNOME is fast! Every time we've caught him he's run away! But he is dropping some GNOME Spice as he leaves...I wonder if we might be able to lure this GNOME to come live with us! What else might that GNOME like to eat?
Send 5 plane deliveries
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Jester GNOME , 3 experience points

Update
Got a spore sprout and gave it to the mossy log.
1 hour to see what in the log

Scalezzzz
03-21-18, 03:50 PM
Fried mushroom recipe for goal 3.

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 04:10 PM
Goal 3 of 7
Add Spore Sprouts to 1 mossy log or stump
Collect 1 Porcini (from putting spores on a log)
Make 12 Fried Mushrooms in the deep fryer
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 name GNOME, 3 experience points

Paul__
03-21-18, 04:19 PM
It looks like the Madi Gras Gnome from step 1 animates when you tap on it!

gdr4gon
03-21-18, 04:21 PM
Will the gnome crossing continue to give us something after the event is over. Or will it become decoration? Because 100 diamond... Yikes :/

tya_bakery
03-21-18, 04:23 PM
It looks like the Gnomes are pets because there is now a Gnome Gathering in the Market but it?s lokcked by goal.

OMG you're right! Gnome Gathering is categorized like habitat for pet!
I'm so excited. They are so cute

goodies70
03-21-18, 04:36 PM
I purchased the Gnome Crossing hours ago & haven't seen a gnome yet! Probably got snookered, again!

Paul__
03-21-18, 04:39 PM
Will the gnome crossing continue to give us something after the event is over. Or will it become decoration? Because 100 diamond... Yikes :/

It will be a decoration.

mummyb55
03-21-18, 04:57 PM
I didn?t purchase the gnome crossing and I?ve seen 4 gnomes in an hour

PookieBear50
03-21-18, 05:54 PM
Goal 2 of 7
Send 5 plane deliveries
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Jester GNOME , 3 experience points

Update
Got a spore sprout and gave it to the mossy log.
1 hour to see what in the log

I would advise, for anyone who has not yet started...

1. Do NOT send deliveries until you after you have found and tapped the gnome 3 times. Save the deliveries for the 2nd goal.
2. Do NOT use the Spore Sprout on a stump or log until after you have completed the 2nd goal. Save it for the 3rd goal, as it will not count if you did it before.
3. After that, focus on fulfilling the requirements of each goal, but if a new recipe shows up or new items appear, do NOT make or use them until a goal requires it. Anything made or used beforehand will not count towards the goal (e.g., if you received the Spore Sprout and bought the stump/log and used them before completing the 5th delivery, they will not count in goal 3 and you will need to purchase another stump or log, and do more deliveries--more than what is already required--to do the same step an added time.

Paul__
03-21-18, 06:07 PM
The jester gnome is not centered

Mitzi111
03-21-18, 06:31 PM
LOL As I scan the farm for the gnome, I keep getting excited and mistaking the mardis gras and jester gnomes for the other gnome! I start tapping real hard and ... nope, wrong guy. I might need to store them until this event is over. : ) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

QUESTION: I can only buy 6 logs, so how will I make 12 fried mushrooms????

Paul__
03-21-18, 06:39 PM
LOL As I scan the farm for the gnome, I keep getting excited and mistaking the mardis gras and jester gnomes for the other gnome! I start tapping real hard and ... nope, wrong guy. I might need to store them until this event is over. : ) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Once you collect from the logs they will disappear and you will be able to buy another one.

loulou1290
03-21-18, 06:40 PM
You can only have 6 logs in play at a time. You can buy more to replace them as you use them.

kindefarm1890
03-21-18, 06:48 PM
The gnome just dropped a porcini so it does not only drop gnome spice. Probably a rare item.

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 06:53 PM

Roflol you really got me going into stitches .... :p

They are like hickory trees, you can buy more once you have collected them.

Mitzi111
03-21-18, 06:53 PM
Once you collect from the logs they will disappear and you will be able to buy another one.

Paul... I'm confused. My market shows that I can only purchase 6 logs. So I have all 6 on the farm, but each log only lets me have 1 porcini to fry. So once I fry 6 porcini, then where will the other 6 come from?

Correction: I get it now. like the hickory trees. Thanks for replying Paul

Mitzi111
03-21-18, 06:56 PM
Roflol you really got me going into stitches .... :p

They are like hickory trees, you can buy more once you have collected them.

OHHHHHH ok Thanks Rynetory2. I get it now.

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 07:01 PM
OHHHHHH ok Thanks Rynetory2. I get it now.

Happy to help. Thanks for the chuckle. My eyes are getting tired from spotting the gnome. How I wish you guys can help me look, my last gnome is refusing to appear.

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 07:11 PM
Which gnome are you guys aiming for? I'm torn between the choices... both are so pretty.

Paul__
03-21-18, 07:20 PM
Which gnome are you guys aiming for? I'm torn between the choices... both are so pretty.

I think i'm going to get Mrs. Gnome, but I also really like Mr. Gnome. Hopefully we will be able to buy a second Gnome pet with gems or from a LTO/

FarmerIreneOK
03-21-18, 07:25 PM
I?m kinda disappointed that we didn?t get an Easter Event. We didn?t really get a Christmas event, New Years, Valentine?s Day, St. Paddy?s day and now Easter.

I agree with Paul!

Scalezzzz
03-21-18, 07:32 PM

This happened with one I had from before. I ended up storing it :p

doodlebug8
03-21-18, 07:35 PM
Can they make that gnome twerk or dance a jig or something? He is so hard to see and has different physics than the butterfly, gopher, etc. He's sneaky and can fit into any space or area.

zxzxzp
03-21-18, 07:55 PM
Just want to confirm if any one knows....after doing the seven steps of the goal challenge we get to choose the genome we want?

I’m thinking if it’s a 13 day event...the last few steps might be really time consuming ...

Mitzi111
03-21-18, 08:19 PM
Happy to help. Thanks for the chuckle. My eyes are getting tired from spotting the gnome. How I wish you guys can help me look, my last gnome is refusing to appear.

It really was funny. I kept tapping and was getting frustrated until I realized it was my prize gnome!

But the good news is that after a while I figured out that the gnome I need to capture is larger than the prize gnomes. So he is easy to spot! I'm happy about that!

Mitzi111
03-21-18, 08:21 PM
This happened with one I had from before. I ended up storing it :p

Yep Scalezzzz ... that was a wise decision. I have stored my prize gnomes too. It will help to save my sanity!

Fairyreserve
03-21-18, 09:52 PM

Bet it goes on sale in a few days

Fairyreserve
03-21-18, 09:54 PM

Totally want the boy. The girl, eh. And I'm hoping for a flamingo, too. Get it? Tacky lawn decor?!

Scalezzzz
03-21-18, 09:57 PM
I don?t have the barn space for this :(

waywardwood
03-21-18, 10:08 PM
Looks like one is bought with 35 gems and one with 500 coins...and are one time use...I am guessing there might be better drops with the gem one

The Messy Stump costs 35 gems, which is same as reward for completing that task so you can get one stump for free.

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 10:19 PM
It really was funny. I kept tapping and was getting frustrated until I realized it was my prize gnome!

But the good news is that after a while I figured out that the gnome I need to capture is larger than the prize gnomes. So he is easy to spot! I'm happy about that!

I bet it was and it was hilarious reading your post. Hey if you can take a screenshot of your gnome on your farm and add it to your original post, I love to add it to the Fun Corner in the Main Guide. Too funny to pass this up.

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 10:20 PM
Just want to confirm if any one knows....after doing the seven steps of the goal challenge we get to choose the genome we want?

I?m thinking if it?s a 13 day event...the last few steps might be really time consuming ...

I believe that is so, the choice is at the end. Aye I'm mentally prepared for the last few steps to be intensive just in case.

Rynetory2
03-21-18, 10:23 PM
I think i'm going to get Mrs. Gnome, but I also really like Mr. Gnome. Hopefully we will be able to buy a second Gnome pet with gems or from a LTO/

Totally want the boy. The girl, eh. And I'm hoping for a flamingo, too. Get it? Tacky lawn decor?!

I can't decide.... lucky that I've days to make up my mind.

Fairyreserve - I took a family portrait of my gnomes and flamingos just for you. ;)

Scalezzzz
03-21-18, 11:03 PM
Goal 4 recipe

griffithpack
03-21-18, 11:23 PM
I’ve seen 2 gnomes on my gpfarm and when I try to tap they disappear - so I’ve collected zero today. Totally frustrated and it’s only day one��

tya_bakery
03-21-18, 11:36 PM
The drop of Spore Sprouts from Deliveries is very rare in my farm...
Please help!

judyandthecat
03-21-18, 11:45 PM
Goal 4 of 7
Mushrooms!? Blech! If you're gonna make that poor GNOME eat mold, you might as well make sure it's tasty!
Get 10 bacon for Piper
Bake 5 Stuffed Mushrooms

Recipe Baked Mushrooms
Bakery - 30 minutes
6 GNOME Spice
2 Porcini
2 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Cheese

30 GNOME Spice
10 Porcini
10 Portobello Mushrooms
30 Cheese

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 12:24 AM
Goal 4 of 7
Get 10 bacon for Piper
Bake 5 Stuffed Mushrooms

Recipe Baked Mushrooms
Bakery - 30 minutes
6 GNOME Spice
2 Porcini
2 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Cheese

30 GNOME Spice
10 Porcini
10 Portobello Mushrooms
30 Cheese

Ouch...that's a lot of gnomes to track down and a lot of Spore Sprout to collect, as well as a LOT of Cheese (and here I'm working on the Cheese needed for a truck delivery...sigh). At least I'm not collecting from my pigs at the moment, what with all the bacon I have from the last event. Hopefully I'll finish Goal 3 soon, and can go right into Goal 4 without having to wait some hours for the pigs to be ready.

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 03:46 AM
Keep an eye out and be watchful for what you receive from the Gnomes you tap. They drop Gnome Spice and occasionally Porcini mushrooms, as noted by kindefarm1890. However, they also apparently sometimes drop Chanterelle mushrooms and Portobello mushrooms. Presumably, then, the Gnomes may drop those and any other mushrooms we might need.

Note: while the Portobello Mushrooms drop from the pigs (as noted in the goal details), the Chanterelle may drop from the Maple or Golden Maple Trees (and presumably the Maple Glade)...or at least that's what the information details on the flip-side says.

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 05:41 AM
I?ve seen 2 gnomes on my gpfarm and when I try to tap they disappear - so I?ve collected zero today. Totally frustrated and it?s only day one��

I hardly see gnomes too and couldn't collect enough spices to craft after endless hours of play today. Maybe it's due to high level or just random. Keep trying, we still have time. I know it's such a lousy feeling to have a bad start. :( Hopefully it gets better for us. Good luck!

Fairyreserve
03-22-18, 05:55 AM
I can't decide.... lucky that I've days to make up my mind.

Fairyreserve - I took a family portrait of my gnomes and flamingos just for you. ;)

😮🤣😍

Those r great! Are those all from this event, maybe a level I haven't hit yet? They're awesome!

OK, I think I have a bug. Im on goal 3, and I have only three competed fried mushrooms,but my recipe disappeared from the deep fryer. I've rebooted the entire phone so not sure what's going on.

Paul__
03-22-18, 06:02 AM
I hardly see gnomes too and couldn't collect enough spices to craft after endless hours of play today. Maybe it's due to high level or just random. Keep trying, we still have time. I know it's such a lousy feeling to have a bad start. :( Hopefully it gets better for us. Good luck!

remember we have 13 days for the event...

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 06:02 AM
������

Those r great! Are those all from this event, maybe a level I haven't hit yet? They're awesome!

OK, I think I have a bug. Im on goal 3, and I have only three competed fried mushrooms,but my recipe disappeared from the deep fryer. I've rebooted the entire phone so not sure what's going on.

They were from past events. Flamingos were from Farm 2 birthday event.

Post in this bug thread. I'll help you out there. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103689-Gnome-issue-width-deep-fat-fryer

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 06:04 AM
remember we have 13 days for the event...

Are you replying to the griffithpack's post instead of mine? I didn't forget and that was why I said we still have time....

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 06:17 AM
Ouch...that's a lot of gnomes to track down and a lot of Spore Sprout to collect, as well as a LOT of Cheese (and here I'm working on the Cheese needed for a truck delivery...sigh). At least I'm not collecting from my pigs at the moment, what with all the bacon I have from the last event. Hopefully I'll finish Goal 3 soon, and can go right into Goal 4 without having to wait some hours for the pigs to be ready.

My heart sank when I saw Goal 4. :eek: The spices are my show stopper.

DaphneGlass
03-22-18, 08:32 AM
I would advise, for anyone who has not yet started...

1. Do NOT send deliveries until you after you have found and tapped the gnome 3 times. Save the deliveries for the 2nd goal.
2. Do NOT use the Spore Sprout on a stump or log until after you have completed the 2nd goal. Save it for the 3rd goal, as it will not count if you did it before.
3. After that, focus on fulfilling the requirements of each goal, but if a new recipe shows up or new items appear, do NOT make or use them until a goal requires it. Anything made or used beforehand will not count towards the goal (e.g., if you received the Spore Sprout and bought the stump/log and used them before completing the 5th delivery, they will not count in goal 3 and you will need to purchase another stump or log, and do more deliveries--more than what is already required--to do the same step an added time.

Thank you for this advice, with some previous tasks, I have gotten too ahead and realised what I made didnt count till the new goal starts lol x

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 08:47 AM
Please take note.

For players without the craft option of fried mushrooms in the Deep Fryer,

I've reported this in earlier. Please hold for the team to investigate and fix this. Keep collecting from your gnomes and sending your deliveries in the mean time.

Please see/post in this bug thread. Thanks. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103689-Missing-fried-mushroom-in-deep-fryer

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 08:50 AM
My fryer doesn't show the mushroom .... help?

I can't see the dish in the fryer either

Moved your posts to bug thread. Included you both in my report.

Paul__
03-22-18, 09:38 AM
Are you replying to the griffithpack's post instead of mine? I didn't forget and that was why I said we still have time....

Sorry i meant to quote griffthpack's post.

judyandthecat
03-22-18, 09:56 AM
Goal 5 of 7
Don't let Piper gross you out. Mushrooms are completely edible and very tasty! I have a few recipes up my sleeve that the GNOME will surely love!
Make 1 Burger Bun (in the bakery)
Make 4 Mushroom Burgers (in the kitchen)
REWARDS: 200 coins, Santa GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipes
Burger Bun
15 minutes in the bakery
1 flour

Mushroom Burger
30 minutes in the kitchen
8 GNOME Spice
3 Porcini
3 Portobello Mushrooms
1 Burger Bun

Totals needed for Goal 5
4 flour
4 Burger Buns
32 GNOME Spice
12 Porcini
12 Portobello Mushrooms

Scalezzzz
03-22-18, 10:34 AM
The option to craft the stuffed mushroom disappeared and I wasn’t done with that yet :eek:

kittyhugs
03-22-18, 10:35 AM
I completed Goal 3 and have 12 fried mushrooms in my barn. Does anyone know if they will be need for a future recipe goal? If they are not needed can we sell them?

kittyhugs
03-22-18, 10:40 AM
Oops! That should be "needed" instead of "need." My barn is bursting from all the extra items from doing the event.

judyandthecat
03-22-18, 10:47 AM
Oops! That should be "needed" instead of "need." My barn is bursting from all the extra items from doing the event.

I wouldn't sell them until someone finished all the goals to know if they are needed or not.

ankavale1000
03-22-18, 10:50 AM
The option to make mushroom burger is not showing up in kitchen. When I hit Go from the goal, it takes me to kitchen, but there’s no recipe to make burgers. Help, please, anyone?

Ok, my burger recipe is showing up now. Hoorah!

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 11:23 AM
My heart sank when I saw Goal 4. :eek: The spices are my show stopper.

I have found that the following works for me.

When I open the game I watch for the otter, butterflies, or mole to appear. I tap them, then staet searching for the gnome. Usually it appears within 15-30 seconds. I will then do what I need to do--set items to craft, harvest, etc.--then leave and close the app. In about 10 minutes, I go back into the app and do it all over again. All the tappable animals reappear and the gnome does too. I guess it's possible to do things on a faster timetable, but 10 minutes works best for me.

Perhaps this will work for you too?

Scalezzzz
03-22-18, 11:38 AM

When I open the game I watch for the otter, butterflies, or mole to appear. I tap them, then staet searching for the gnome. Usually it appears within 15-30 seconds. I will then do what I need to do--set items to craft, harvest, etc.--then leave and close the app. In about 10 minutes, I go back into the app and do it all over again. All the tappable animals reappear and the gnome does too. I guess it's possible to do things on a faster timetable, but 10 minutes works best for me.

This is what I do too and it works for me as well!

judyandthecat
03-22-18, 11:46 AM
This is what I do too and it works for me as well!

And for me too!

griffithpack
03-22-18, 12:16 PM
That?s just perfect - NOT! Glad you found something that works for you. I?ve still only found one - and that was last night. I hard booted my iPad, I?ve tried force closing the game, visiting neighbors, searching my farm for several minutes straight, putting away decorations in case they?re in the way of spotting him. And here I sit, on step one - and I was on the game the minute the event started! Maybe being on level 99 is a horrible disadvantage? So I haven?t earned the right to have an event go smoothly after all the gems I?ve spent money on? If there are any other tricks besides wasting gems - like I did on the last event to no avail - please let me know. Thanks!

I finally figure out the trick: Complain on here about not ever seeing him and then go back to the game and he appears - one time! Yippee, now I’m on step 2.

FarmerIreneOK
03-22-18, 12:54 PM
I am not sure I want to continue this event given the need to keep watching for the gnome and how long it takes to gather stuff. I wish Storm8 could at least tell us if the fried mushrooms will be needed again and give SOME idea how many times we are going to have to catch the gnome. Barn space is of course becoming an issue.
Also, the maple trees seem to be dropping chantel mushrooms. They are accumulating...no idea when they'll be needed.

gdr4gon
03-22-18, 01:03 PM
Step 6

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 01:52 PM
That?s just perfect - NOT! Glad you found something that works for you. I?ve still only found one - and that was last night. I hard booted my iPad, I?ve tried force closing the game, visiting neighbors, searching my farm for several minutes straight, putting away decorations in case they?re in the way of spotting him. And here I sit, on step one - and I was on the game the minute the event started! Maybe being on level 99 is a horrible disadvantage? So I haven?t earned the right to have an event go smoothly after all the gems I?ve spent money on? If there are any other tricks besides wasting gems - like I did on the last event to no avail - please let me know. Thanks!

I finally figure out the trick: Complain on here about not ever seeing him and then go back to the game and he appears - one time! Yippee, now I’m on step 2.

Honestly, the harder part for me is sending out deliveries and getting the Spore Sprout. Right now I'm accumulating a lot of Gnome Spice, but going nowhere with it since I can't grow Porcini Mushrooms. I'm halfway hoping the Gnomes will give me the Porcini Mushrooms instead...

I am not sure I want to continue this event given the need to keep watching for the gnome and how long it takes to gather stuff. I wish Storm8 could at least tell us if the fried mushrooms will be needed again and give SOME idea how many times we are going to have to catch the gnome. Barn space is of course becoming an issue.
Also, the maple trees seem to be dropping chantel mushrooms. They are accumulating...no idea when they'll be needed.

Thanks to gdr4gon, it seems they will be needed in Goal 6 (see post #75).

FarmerIreneOK
03-22-18, 02:07 PM
tips for gnome-spotting:
* He shows up in unoccupied spaces, so arrange your farm to "steer" him to open spaces.
* Collect from your animals but wait to feed them while doing other chores. It is easier to see him without the animals roaming.
* store small decorations that have his coloring during the event.
Hope this helps!

judyandthecat
03-22-18, 02:21 PM
Goal 6 of 7
My Mushroom Stew recipe is sure to make that GNOME want to make our farm his GNOME sweet GNOME!
Harvest Maple Trees 5 times
Collect 1 Chanterelle (random drop from maple trees)
Make 3 Mushroom Stew
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe
Mushroom Stew
1 hour in the kitchen
12 GNOME Spice
6 Porcini
5 Portobello Mushrooms
1 Chanterelle

Total for Goal 6
36 GNOME Spice
18 Porcini
15 Portobello Mushrooms
3 Chanterelle

Baconj
03-22-18, 07:01 PM
I think for 5 stuffed mushroom, we only need 15 cheese 😁

tya_bakery
03-22-18, 07:15 PM
I tap gnome in my farm, but I got Porcini not Gnome Spice?
Is it a bug? I'm on android.
Please help!

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 07:23 PM
Please help!

No, it is not a bug. Sometimes the Gnomes will drop the mushrooms instead: Porcini, Portobello, Chanterelle.

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 07:26 PM
PookieBear50 - Thanks for your suggestion and support. :)

Rynetory2
03-22-18, 07:27 PM
Please help!

Dont worry, it's not a bug. PookieBear50 is correct - they drop other items too.

No, it is not a bug. Sometimes the Gnomes will drop the mushrooms instead: Porcini, Portobello, Chanterelle.

tya_bakery
03-22-18, 07:47 PM
Dont worry, it's not a bug. PookieBear50 is correct - they drop other items too.

Thank you :)

judyandthecat
03-22-18, 07:48 PM
I think for 5 stuffed mushroom, we only need 15 cheese 😁

Thank You
Fixed

FarmerIreneOK
03-22-18, 08:09 PM
Will we ever need the fried mushrooms from goal three?

Can we sell event parts to help neighbors?

zxzxzp
03-22-18, 08:11 PM
I?m thinkin this is an event for those with awsome eyesight....I give up!!!! :cool: or maybe I need to buy a magnifying glass....

I wonder....if I feed my logs...can I keep the mushroom logs as deco later...or will they change to regular logs:confused:

Scalezzzz
03-22-18, 08:27 PM
I?m thinkin this is an event for those with awsome eyesight....I give up!!!! :cool: or maybe I need to buy a magnifying glass....

I wonder....if I feed my logs...can I keep the mushroom logs as deco later...or will they change to regular logs:confused:

I have terrible eyesight and am just trying to get enough so I can stop looking out for those gnomes. I’ve clicked on my elephant, my scarecrow, the guy next to the hot air ballon thinking they were gnomes.

I also hope to keep the mushrooms on the logs! They would make cute decorations.

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 08:33 PM
Will we ever need the fried mushrooms from goal three?

Can we sell event parts to help neighbors?

I'm only on Goal 4, so I'm not sure, but since--unlike other events where the recipes disappear after each goal is completed--I still have the recipe for Fried Mushrooms showing up for my Deep Fryer (not sure if that's a glitch or it's intended to remain), if the other recipes also stay after the goals are completed, it may be that for Goal 7 we will need everything we crafted and maybe more. I would suggest holding onto everything until we know what Goal 7 is before selling anything in your shop.

As to whether or not we can sell to neighbors, I have yet to see any such items in the Newspaper or in my neighbors' shops, so I'm thinking we can't. On the other hand, the prices for different things is higher than 3 coins per, which was usually standard for event items we could not sell to neighbors and the prices I'm seeing seem to be at least slightly higher, so maybe we can. Perhaps if you have something extra you could test it out and let us know?

One option is to shove everything--crops, buildings, decorations, etc.--to the edges of your farm so you have nothing but open space so you can clearly see anything that pops up, such as the butterflies and mole, and of course the gnome. The other option is to cover as much space as possible and restrict the pop-up spaces so that such things MUST appear in only that limited space.

You can try feeding your logs. I remember in one past event that players tried that with something or other--don't remember exactly what it was--but after the event ended it returned to its "unfed" state (there were several such, one involving the Flower Shop--not the Floral Shop which is active, but the original Flower Shop--and the flowers we could grow, something involving pumpkins, and something involving moss or clovers). On the other hand, I remember other events in which crops were planted or special bushes had produced their fruit and they remained after (e.g., catnip and kitty-nip, the winter- and spring-berries). What might happen with these logs, I don't know. They may, or they may not.

judyandthecat
03-22-18, 08:38 PM
Sleeeeeeep

gdr4gon
03-22-18, 08:38 PM
Step 6

princessskykennedy
03-22-18, 08:48 PM

Thank you so much for this tip or I would still be on the first goal!

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 08:58 PM
Sleeeeeeep

Wait a minute...we spend 6 goals collecting mushrooms for food dishes, and suddenly we're crafting a terrarium? That doesn't make any sense. It's interesting and does use a different building...but it still doesn't make sense.

Step 6

Ye gods...18 Portobello mushrooms? Yikes!

ankavale1000
03-22-18, 09:00 PM
Hi gdr4gon, thank u for posting.
Can u plz tell me where to obtain iris and moss? I'm not there yet, just want to see if I can get items beforehand. Thank u very much.

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 09:14 PM
Hi gdr4gon, thank u for posting.
Can u plz tell me where to obtain iris and moss? I'm not there yet, just want to see if I can get items beforehand. Thank u very much.

I may be mistaken, but from the thumbnail that judyandthecat posted in post #90, I think the iris may drop from the Fishing Pond, and the moss from the Mine. I don't think they can be obtained beforehand, though.

ankavale1000
03-22-18, 09:24 PM
I may be mistaken, but from the thumbnail that judyandthecat posted in post #90, I think the iris may drop from the Fishing Pond, and the moss from the Mine. I don't think they can be obtained beforehand, though.

Ah, I didn't see Judys post. Thank u Pookiebear. I think u may be right, I'll wait. Not much barn space anyway. Though I should hold on to my mining tools. Was about to sell some to clear barn. Thanks again.

goodies70
03-22-18, 09:34 PM
HELP! I’m on 3/7- I know I need 12 Fried mushrooms, it shows I have 8. The problem is I have 4 in my barn that it will not apply to the other 8. I’ve tried rebooting my iPad but it didn’t work. Is anyone else having this problem & how do I fix it? I’ve been disappointed on the last several goals but I thought I’d try this one but so far I’m frustrated again.

PookieBear50
03-22-18, 09:37 PM
HELP! I’m on 3/7- I know I need 12 Fried mushrooms, it shows I have 8. The problem is I have 4 in my barn that it will not apply to the other 8. I’ve tried rebooting my iPad but it didn’t work. Is anyone else having this problem & how do I fix it? I’ve been disappointed on the last several goals but I thought I’d try this one but so far I’m frustrated again.

Did you make 4 of the Fried Mushrooms before starting Goal 3? If so, they will not count towards the goal, and you will need to make 4 more Fried Mushrooms.

goodies70
03-22-18, 10:42 PM
Did you make 4 of the Fried Mushrooms before starting Goal 3? If so, they will not count towards the goal, and you will need to make 4 more Fried Mushrooms.
Yep, that’s the problem! Thanks so much!!

gdr4gon
03-22-18, 11:09 PM
Wait a minute...we spend 6 goals collecting mushrooms for food dishes, and suddenly we're crafting a terrarium? That doesn't make any sense. It's interesting and does use a different building...but it still doesn't make sense.

Ye gods...18 Portobello mushrooms? Yikes!

THIS! I thought we would keep going with only mushrooms, so I bought logs ahead time lol. Now I just really, really hope they stay with the little mushrooms on top for decoration when the event is over. They looks super cute!

ozigal
03-23-18, 01:52 AM
I think I need to go to spec savers as so far I have only spotted one gnome. I am off to a roaring start ..not !!!

PookieBear50
03-23-18, 01:57 AM
I think I need to go to spec savers as so far I have only spotted one gnome. I am off to a roaring start ..not !!!

One way to improve your odds of spotting a gnome is to move everything to the edges of your farm so that you can clearly see the gnome when it pops up. The other way is to completely fill your farm and limit the spaces the gnome can appear on. I hope one of those two options helps you see more gnomes.

judyandthecat
03-23-18, 04:13 AM
Goal 7 of 7
Wait a minute,....Morgan has seen only one GNOME? I've seen another GNOME looking for flowers around the pond!
Would' ya help me make a flower terrarium? I'll bet I can get MS GNOME to come out for us!
Get 1 Iris from the pond
Collect 1 soft moss from the mine
Make 1 Mushroom Terrarium in the studio
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 bee GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe for Mushroom Terrarium
In the studio 1 hour 30 minutes
10 irises
6 soft moss
18 Portobello Mushrooms
4 Chanterelle

Important Notes
When mining you do not get the soft moss when you are mining but upon exiting you get it.
When fishing you don't catch the iris on the hook you catch a fish then perhaps an iris kind of floats up from pond.
See underlined in screenshot.

ankavale1000
03-23-18, 04:29 AM
This msg is for Storm8, the Team who made this event possible

Usually, when the goal is labeled as 7 steps, the last step is 7.
There shouldn't be more steps, especially not a step that repeats steps 3 to 6, 4 more times
The fact that u don't label it step 8 doesn't make it ok

I wish u would just label the event as 8 steps or however many steps total ...
What u did here is kinda shady in my book,

This is another Cookie pop, not as bad as beaver, but Cookie pop in terms of repetition

judyandthecat
03-23-18, 04:34 AM
This msg is for Storm8, the Team who made this event possible

Usually, when the goal is labeled as 7 steps, the last step is 7.
There shouldn't be more steps, especially not a step that repeats steps 3 to 6, 4 more times
The fact that u don't label it step 8 doesn't make it ok

I wish u would just label the event as 8 steps or however many steps total ...
What u did here is kinda shady in my book,

This is another Cookie pop, not as bad as beaver, but Cookie pop in terms of repetition

Everyone another thing don't sell any of the items you have made.
I just don't even know what to say I am at a loss for words.
I have not seen what is next yet.
So keep going find GNOMES ...send planes

judyandthecat
03-23-18, 05:04 AM
Ok I am going to try to finish now that I am annoyed.
Everyone needs to listen though on how to catch a GNOME
Pookiebear50 and some others spelled it out and I am going to show yous what I did.
I took time and checked my entire farm for hidden empty squares and THEY were there.
Like perhaps behind a tree by a machine etc
I did this in first couple hours of the event.
I then covered every empty square with a stepping stone, decoration etc
I created a GNOME JAIL
Only place the sneaky little Sherlock GNOME could appear

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 05:14 AM
ankavale1000 - Can you post screenshot of Goal 8? What are the specific tasks? Thanks.

zxzxzp
03-23-18, 08:51 AM
One option is to shove everything--crops, buildings, decorations, etc.--to the edges of your farm so you have nothing but open space so you can clearly see anything that pops up, such as the butterflies and mole, and of course the gnome. The other option is to cover as much space as possible and restrict the pop-up spaces so that such things MUST appear in only that limited space.

You can try feeding your logs. I remember in one past event that players tried that with something or other--don't remember exactly what it was--but after the event ended it returned to its "unfed" state (there were several such, one involving the Flower Shop--not the Floral Shop which is active, but the original Flower Shop--and the flowers we could grow, something involving pumpkins, and something involving moss or clovers). On the other hand, I remember other events in which crops were planted or special bushes had produced their fruit and they remained after (e.g., catnip and kitty-nip, the winter- and spring-berries). What might happen with these logs, I don't know. They may, or they may not.

I have terrible eyesight and am just trying to get enough so I can stop looking out for those gnomes. I?ve clicked on my elephant, my scarecrow, the guy next to the hot air ballon thinking they were gnomes.

I also hope to keep the mushrooms on the logs! They would make cute decorations.

I?m going to try...lol....I think...but reshuffling stuff on farm needs time..let?s see...let?s see....I miss having a small farm:rolleyes:....after all the effort to expand...
Now that u mention it...I remember we had some multicoloured berry tree which went bk to original state after event...

zxzxzp
03-23-18, 08:55 AM
On a side note...I just went to farm and I forgot my barn was full and I tapped on a log to harvested. And it said silo was full:cool:....
Would be great if all event items went to the silo!

wallawalla222
03-23-18, 09:09 AM
I can already see the flood of complaints. I?ll start mine. The gnome will not appear enough times. I?ve been checking every 15 minutes, and I think i?ve caught it 3 times since the start of this event. It will be impossible to collect enough items to make the fried mushrooms. I?m about ready to ditch this game all together.

ankavale1000
03-23-18, 10:10 AM
ankavale1000 - Can you post screenshot of Goal 8? What are the specific tasks? Thanks.

These come after Step 7

Welcome Mr. Gnome.

Welcome Mrs. Gnome

Recipe for 1 Gnome Coin
2 burgers (step 5)
1 mushroom stew (step 6)
2 hours in the studio

I didn't complete the Cookie Pop event. And this event reminds me so much of Cookie Pop. Let's hope there is no more steps after Welcome Mr. Or Mrs. Gnome.

dugambon
03-23-18, 10:56 AM
Noooooo....what is Storm8 trying to do?!? Get us all depressed? I was doing so great, reached level 6, but now I understand there are more levels? Levels we already did?! This is not funny..not funny AT ALL!!!

zxzxzp
03-23-18, 10:57 AM
I can already see the flood of complaints. I?ll start mine. The gnome will not appear enough times. I?ve been checking every 15 minutes, and I think i?ve caught it 3 times since the start of this event. It will be impossible to collect enough items to make the fried mushrooms. I?m about ready to ditch this game all together.

Idk about ditch the game.....but this event is definitely under ditch the event category for me...I’m have same trouble as you....like people have mentioned before... depending on how much time and money you have, some events are doable some are not... just the way the game is...

FarmerIreneOK
03-23-18, 11:09 AM
thanks you, ankavale1000 for making me confident in my decision to stop this event. It is quite possibly the most annoying, disappointing event since I started my farm nearly 3 years ago.

I repeat my plea to Storm8: please let farmers opt out of events at any time and stop collecting event items that fill barns and sometimes silos and please let us sell event parts!

Rbkhfrnkln
03-23-18, 11:28 AM
we should be able to buy event items i know 2 people are selling items but i cant even buy them my gnome wont even show up this is ridiculous, im not spending anymore cash on the events unless they stop making it so difficult. if they want more money stop making the game impossible to complete events

FarmerIreneOK
03-23-18, 11:28 AM
All: I put chanterelle mushrooms up and promoted them to see whether I can sell them.
I didn't much care for gnomes as pets anyway...

A neighbor confirmed tha only Storm8 bots can see/buy parts. Sorry I can't help you all!
Good luck!

Scalezzzz
03-23-18, 11:56 AM
As much as I would love Ms Gnome on my farm, I doubt I?ll finish. My pigs are not being very nice. I will try to complete the seven goals so I can at least get all the other gnomes. :p

princessskykennedy
03-23-18, 12:51 PM
Well I jinxed it-no more gnomes showing up!

judyandthecat
03-23-18, 01:05 PM
This is my to do list
Says 18 days to complete for the GNOMES
Rynetory2 can you find out if the time limit is 18 days beings my event at side says 11 days

PookieBear50
03-23-18, 01:16 PM
So...does that mean that, if we choose to NOT quite turn in everything for that 8th goal, we can actually craft everything another 9 times and get BOTH gnomes?

(Right, as if I'm going to be able to do that with Spore Sprout not dropping and my delivery requests being so exorbitantly impossible...)

But is it actually possible?

judyandthecat
03-23-18, 01:22 PM
So...does that mean that, if we choose to NOT quite turn in everything for that 8th goal, we can actually craft everything another 9 times and get BOTH gnomes?

(Right, as if I'm going to be able to do that with Spore Sprout not dropping and my delivery requests being so exorbitantly impossible...)

If we have 18 days instead of 11 days everything changes so that is what we need to find out
The real time frame
I in until the last Spore falls
Or the old lady falls asleep

judyandthecat
03-23-18, 01:27 PM
Good question Pookiebear50
I have not made my choice so this is what I see on these two 18 days to do list

PookieBear50
03-23-18, 01:52 PM
If we have 18 days instead of 11 days everything changes so that is what we need to find out
The real time frame
I in until the last Spore falls
Or the old lady falls asleep

Actually, the original goal still lists as 11 days, so unless I'm misinterpreting something, we may only be able to grow the mushrooms for another 10 days (plus X hours)...and once those 11 days are up, the logs won't be available anymore. Which means, we would still need to get everything done before that original deadline.

Paul__
03-23-18, 02:12 PM
Actually, the original goal still lists as 11 days, so unless I'm misinterpreting something, we may only be able to grow the mushrooms for another 10 days (plus X hours)...and once those 11 days are up, the logs won't be available anymore. Which means, we would still need to get everything done before that original deadline.

I agree with you. Sometimes they give us an extra few days after the event is over to choose our prize in case maybe you completed it last minute and were still trying to decide your prize.

PookieBear50
03-23-18, 03:40 PM
Wait a minute...if Mossy Stumps and Mossy Logs can no longer be purchased after 10+ days, but the requirement to craft all those coins goes for 18 days (from whenever a player finishes the 7th goal), then does that mean that EVERYTHING for even 1 gnome needs to be finished before the ending of the 10+ days?

Because, if a player is unable to complete the 7 goals 4 more times (let alone 9 more times for both gnomes) within the remaining 10+ days, since we need to turn in 5 Gnome Coins, but the necessary objects leave the market before the end of the new goal, it means the goal will be impossible to finish, even with the additional 18 days to select a gnome.

ankavale1000
03-23-18, 04:03 PM
My understanding is that the event has 10 days plus x hours left.
In the past, some players were able to craft the last item at the last possible minute but either forgot to return to game to turn in item or item disappeared as soon as event ended.
I think the counter on to-do list is to allow players time to claim reward. In this case, time to let players decide which Gnome to get.
I really don't think we have 17 days plus x hours for this event remaining. That doesn't make sense to me since the stumps are only available for shorter period of time. Of course, Storm8 can change that.

zxzxzp
03-23-18, 05:13 PM
I love events....though I hate them...lol...I’m sitting this one out....please tell me it’s not another 10 plus 18 days for me to worry about nothing...

PookieBear50
03-23-18, 06:24 PM
Hmm...since my pigs are now being selfish with their Portobello mushrooms, on top of the deliveries not including Spore Sprout, perhaps I should use what few Porcini mushrooms I do have (and grow) to start stockpiling everything else I'm going to need in the end?

Something to think about...hmm...

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 07:47 PM

These come after Step 7

Welcome Mr. Gnome.

Many thanks for posting this. Now I get why you said about the repeats.

P.S. If you are on iOS device, you need to trim and save the photo in the Photo App before you can upload it, apparently a bug in some OS versions. You will get a incorrect file format if you upload without editing it. iOS version 11 solves it. Hope this helps.

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 07:50 PM
This is my to do list
Says 18 days to complete for the GNOMES
Rynetory2 can you find out if the time limit is 18 days beings my event at side says 11 days

I will get a confirmation and get more details for this.

I believe the extra time is for us to complete the tasks to get the reward. (It happened in Fantasy Forest and Restaurant Story 2)

Assuming it works the same as those games, that means:
1. The event drops stop after 11 days when event ends (mushrooms, logs, gnomes, etc.)
2. We may be able to still craft the items needed for coins to 18 days (provided you have enough drops ingredients already in your barn)
3. We have 18 days to complete goal 8 to get the gnome

The timer for those 7 goals are at 11 days. I would advise that everyone work on 11 days as dateline. Will post as soon as I have more news.

lululatte
03-23-18, 07:52 PM
Hello, does anyone know how often we get a gnom to get the spores? I'm trying to do the first 12 items in fryer and gnomes very sparse so far.

Alida2014
03-23-18, 07:56 PM
I have offered Gnome Spice for sale in my shop. Is it possible that others can not see that? It has not been bought yet and I do not think others do not need it.

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 08:07 PM

I will check if we can get 1 pet or 2 pets from this event. If it turns out it's only 1 pet, the other goal should close once you complete the last task.

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 08:09 PM
I have offered Gnome Spice for sale in my shop. Is it possible that others can not see that? It has not been bought yet and I do not think others do not need it.

They are invisible to players. Only stormie bots can buy them.

beebeecsh
03-23-18, 08:27 PM
I agree all the above advice/suggestion, its hard to play this game!

goodies70
03-23-18, 08:57 PM
So, I bought the Gnome Crossing sign & I’ve only seen an increase in the mole, butterflies & otters. I hope this changes soon or I’ll be stuck on #4 forever! Also, I wish Storm8 would let us sell goal items to each other, it made the game slightly easier & more fun!

loulou1290
03-23-18, 09:30 PM
And for me too!

And Me!

princessskykennedy
03-23-18, 09:45 PM
Besides pigs where can you get portobello mushrooms! ? I have gotten one for two collections! At this rate.....it won’t be good!

lululatte
03-23-18, 11:19 PM

I think android users can get them I have iOS.. thanks wish I could see them.. thanks for reply��

Rynetory2
03-24-18, 12:17 AM
I think android users can get them I have iOS.. thanks wish I could see them.. thanks for reply��

Maybe Android folks can help - are you able to buy event items from shops?

Rynetory2
03-24-18, 12:38 AM

These come after Step 7

Welcome Mr. Gnome.

Welcome Mrs. Gnome

Recipe for 1 Gnome Coin
2 burgers (step 5)
1 mushroom stew (step 6)
2 hours in the studio

Just sat down to do some maths and work out if I could finish this event... I thought I might had a chance to finish the event before I saw your post on Goal 8.

I was thinking since it took me about 3 days to complete goals 1-4 because of my very low drops, well I could finish Goal 5-7 by the end of the event and win a gnome. And now after knowing that we needed 5 gnome coins for the pet, I have no chance of completing this event. Didn't expect such a heavy last goal of 5 coins. I thought it was 1 coin like in past events.

With 10 days left, I will need to make 1 coin every 2 days, i.e. complete Goals 3 to 7, or at least get enough drops. There's no way I can get it done with my current drops. This should be fine for farms with good or excellent drops but unfortunately for me, I have to be realistic on my odds.

For those of you who manage to complete this event, I will appreciate if you can help to post a picture of your gnome for me to add to the Pets Guide. Thanks.

Good luck everyone. :)

(I'm still at Goal 4 at the time of this post.)

Alida2014
03-24-18, 01:17 AM

I also have IOS. My ID is my nickname. You (or anyone else) would like to try

tya_bakery
03-24-18, 01:41 AM
Just sat down to do some maths and work out if I could finish this event... I thought I might had a chance to finish the event before I saw your post on Goal 8.

I was thinking since it took me about 3 days to complete goals 1-4 because of my very low drops, well I could finish Goal 5-7 by the end of the event and win a gnome. And now after knowing that we needed 5 gnome coins for the pet, I have no chance of completing this event. Didn't expect such a heavy last goal of 5 coins. I thought it was 1 coin like in past events.

With 10 days left, I will need to make 1 coin every 2 days, i.e. complete Goals 3 to 7, or at least get enough drops. There's no way I can get it done with my current drops. This should be fine for farms with good or excellent drops but unfortunately for me, I have to be realistic on my odds.

For those of you who manage to complete this event, I will appreciate if you can help to post a picture of your gnome for me to add to the Pets Guide. Thanks.

What?? Why 5 gnome coins?? It's impossible to do for me too....
The drop from pigs and plane deliveries are very rare.
I got only 2 mushroom from 12 pigs. I'm on android.
I hope Storm8 can fix this for everyone.

celisesdragonden
03-24-18, 04:00 AM

I certainly won't able to give 5 coins and therefore won't be taking any further part in the goals. :(
Wish I could sell the gathered spice/mushrooms to my neighbours though.

Alida2014
03-24-18, 04:54 AM
I spent a lot of gems to finish the event.

Mrs. Gnome is on my farm now

little_veggie
03-24-18, 05:26 AM
This event is toughie, I’m just still on level 3 . Think I will have to settle for winning a few gnome decorations and spend my gems on the egg outfit for my chickens . They will love that xxxx

judyandthecat
03-24-18, 05:59 AM
Heads Up
You can do both quests.
My neighbour finished both using gems
She has her limit of show ponies
They both walk around kind of waddling as they walk and I have never seen anything this cute
Storm team I wish you would put them on Stormie's farm so everyone could see them

Rynetory2
03-24-18, 06:19 AM
Updates:

Here are some updates for this event. This event will end in 10 days. The Gnomes goals, which expire later, are available for members who have the items but haven't decided their pet yet.

1. The event drops (mushrooms, logs, gnomes, etc.) will stop after 10 days when event ends
(check timer on event icon on middle right of screen)

2. We should be able to still craft the items needed for gnome coins to 17 days
(provided you have enough drops ingredients already in your barn) -> reconfirming

3. We can craft the gnome coins after the event ends
4. We have 17 days to complete goal 8 to get the gnome.
5. Goals 1 to 7 goals expire when the event ends in 10 days.
6. You can get 2 gnomes pets. Both gnome goals are available until you complete them.

For Point 2, I'm double confirming if the event craft options in Bakery, Kitchen, etc are available after the event ends. I'll post again when I get more news. Make sure you collect enough drops before the event ends in 10 days.

(Added to Moderator's Notes in Post 1)

Alida2014
03-24-18, 06:26 AM
Heads Up
You can do both quests.

Same here.
I have both gnomes now.

judyandthecat
03-24-18, 06:41 AM
Same here.
I have both gnomes now.

A big congratulations because I think they are so so so cute.

Fox24282
03-24-18, 07:27 AM
I really need help I am only on 4 of 7 and I have no gnomes stopping in my farm and can not get all these spice that I need

princessskykennedy
03-24-18, 08:31 AM
Can we please update first page with goal seven and eight ��. Thx!!

seesters
03-24-18, 10:27 AM
Storm 8 team... Give the gnome a gps because he is lost!

TataVN
03-24-18, 11:11 AM
I am struggling too.. there is no mushrooms when collecting from pigs ..

ronsfarm00
03-24-18, 11:21 AM
HELP!!!!!
The planes are giving me nothing and the knomes just don't like me they want stop in at all

dugambon
03-24-18, 02:07 PM
Heads Up
You can do both quests.
She has her limit of show ponies
They both walk around kind of waddling as they walk and I have never seen anything this cute
Storm team I wish you would put them on Stormie's farm so everyone could see them

Everyone is welcome to see my gnomes walking around. I just love them :))

Scalezzzz
03-24-18, 02:14 PM
It looks like i am going to need about 40 portobello mushrooms just to complete the first 7 goals. My pigs are giving zero or one portobello each time (usually zero). I don’t think I will even make it to goal seven. I normally do not use gems for events but even if I wanted to for this one, I don’t think I will have enough to get Ms. Gnome (that’s if I somehow manage to get goal 7 finished). We will see how far I get.

No offense to my pigs but they get stingy during events :p

KojiMama
03-24-18, 02:19 PM
I have extremely stingy pigs too. Very frustrating!

PookieBear50
03-24-18, 02:27 PM
It looks like i am going to need about 40 portobello mushrooms just to complete the first 7 goals. My pigs are giving zero or one portobello each time (usually zero). I don’t think I will even make it to goal seven. I normally do not use gems for events but even if I wanted to for this one, I don’t think I will have enough to get Ms. Gnome (that’s if I somehow manage to get goal 7 finished). We will see how far I get.

No offense to my pigs but they get stingy during events :p

I have extremely stingy pigs too. Very frustrating!

You're not alone...I've been sitting on Goal 5 with one more Mushroom Burger to make because my pigs won't share their Portobello mushrooms with me. And to think, I'm going to have to negotiate with them countless more times to get enough to finish Goals 6 and 7, then do goals 4-7 all over again another 4 times...

KojiMama
03-24-18, 02:59 PM
Although I took the advice offered earlier about the gnome and it works for me. I exit the game for 5 - 10 minutes get back in and he appears.

earthangell2
03-24-18, 03:39 PM
You're not alone...I've been sitting on Goal 5 with one more Mushroom Burger to make because my pigs won't share their Portobello mushrooms with me. And to think, I'm going to have to negotiate with them countless more times to get enough to finish Goals 6 and 7, then do goals 4-7 all over again another 4 times...

My pigs usually give me one mushroom, average, but it helps to set a timer for every 3 hours while you're making new pig food...I also have the timer going for the maple trees...I'm on step 6, waiting to make my first stew, which I could do if I had any portabellas...

dugambon
03-24-18, 03:47 PM
I will check if we can get 1 pet or 2 pets from this event. If it turns out it's only 1 pet, the other goal should close once you complete the last task.

You CAN get both gnomes. I have both on my farm now.

PookieBear50
03-24-18, 04:08 PM
You CAN get both gnomes. I have both on my farm now.

That would be my hope...but with drop rates so low and my gem supply--and ability to purchase gems--virtually non-existent, I'm having doubts about even winning one of them.

PookieBear50
03-24-18, 04:10 PM
My pigs usually give me one mushroom, average, but it helps to set a timer for every 3 hours while you're making new pig food...I also have the timer going for the maple trees...I'm on step 6, waiting to make my first stew, which I could do if I had any portabellas...

I'm going into my game fairly frequently, since--among other things--we need a ton of Gnome Spice, so I'm pretty much on top of the pigs. But, as with you, it's the drop rate that's ****ing me.

The other thing I'm making, besides pig feed, is lots and lots of pet feed to sell...otherwise I'd be drowning in bacon!

goodies70
03-24-18, 04:23 PM
So from the data posted, I do not need the fried mushrooms after goal 3/7? They’re taking up space but I’m afraid to get rid of them just in case. I’m probably not going to be able to finish, I’ve been on 4/7 all day. I bought the gnome crossing but he still doesn’t want to visit & want leave me any spice when he does appear. So frustrating!

Alida2014
03-24-18, 04:31 PM
May I introduce: Ms and Mr Gnome

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43248

For the thread "Pets Guide". It’s closed, so I can not post there:

judyandthecat
03-24-18, 04:35 PM

For the thread "Pets Guide". It’s closed, so I can not post there:

Judy smiles.
They are just so perfection.

missbeccalou
03-24-18, 05:27 PM
I?ve collected from my pigs three times and gotten ONE portobello. Done with this nonsense.

MommaGirl36
03-24-18, 07:22 PM
Goal 1 of 7
Uncommon Gnomenclature
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 prize name, 3 experience points

Ok found one

The Gnome showed up for the first part but he hasn?t appeared since then. I can not get the spice needed to craft in the deep fryer!!!!

MommaGirl36
03-24-18, 07:24 PM
I really need help I am only on 4 of 7 and I have no gnomes stopping in my farm and can not get all these spice that I need
Me either!!! Logging out & logging back in does not help me!

PookieBear50
03-24-18, 07:27 PM
The Gnome showed up for the first part but he hasn?t appeared since then. I can not get the spice needed to craft in the deep fryer!!!!

Your best option is to reorganize your farm to maximize your ability to spot the Gnome, either by moving everything to the edges so you can easily see the gnome, or by covering everything with decorations and restricting the space where the Gnome (and Moles and Butterflies, for that matter) can appear. Look at post #106 on page 11 to see judyandthecat's thumbnail of how to do the latter option.

goodies70
03-24-18, 09:32 PM
For those of you who have finished the goal, how many gems or real money did you use? I’ve already bought the gnome crossing, which hasn’t helped at all. So I’m not sure I want to spend any more. I’ve been stuck on 4/7 for 2 days. And I’ve tried every helpful hint that’s been suggested, still no gnomes with spice!

goodies70
03-24-18, 09:33 PM
Me either!!! Logging out & logging back in does not help me!
Same here!

goodies70
03-24-18, 09:38 PM
You CAN get both gnomes. I have both on my farm now. I’m curious to know if you used real money or gems to complete? I‘ve been on 4/7 for 2 days & I dont see any way possible without doing it.

ankavale1000
03-24-18, 09:42 PM
For those of you who have finished the goal, how many gems or real money did you use? I’ve already bought the gnome crossing, which hasn’t helped at all. So I’m not sure I want to spend any more. I’ve been stuck on 4/7 for 2 days. And I’ve tried every helpful hint that’s been suggested, still no gnomes with spice!

I have not finished the goals.

But On the ToDoList, each Welcome Gnome task has three parts and next to each part, there's a gem value which if u r willing to pay, u can skip that part.

The key is to complete step 7 and allow the Welcome Gnome tasks to show up.
To skip Give 5 Coins, it is 375 gems. So each coin is 75 gems
if u can complete step 7 u will have one coin and one terrarium, so u r looking at 300 gems for one Gnome.
If u want the other Gnome too, the other one will be 375 plus 125 (to skip terrarium), so 500 gems.

There are 9 days left approximately, I plan to craft as much as possible, if I'm short Coins, I think I will just use gems.

Hope this helps

eucom
03-24-18, 10:25 PM
3 days into this event and I'm passed being angry and frustrated. I'm disappointed and sad. 3 days into this event and I'm still on goal 3. I've only gotten 7 spore spouts and 43 spices. The elephant pet event was the last successful event for me.

DaphneGlass
03-25-18, 02:06 AM

When you see the gnome, tap him, then force close the game, swipe the app away, then go straight back to your game, after popping the butterflies and mole the gnome will reappear, generally about 15 seconds, I did this a few times each time I sit down to play the game, managed to up my amount of spices, cleared level 3 but level 4 is tough so am just plodding along with it, see what happens, good luck x

KojiMama
03-25-18, 04:57 AM
Harvested pigs twice on number 5 no drops at all.

Kinky_Candy
03-25-18, 06:16 AM
This event is TERRIBLE!! Iam a player that i had spent lots of real money for my farm but this event its impossible and so stressful!!!! The games are for make us happy not to be anchoritic :(:(:(:( im very sad:( im stuck on step 4 none gnomes shows up:(

Fairyreserve
03-25-18, 08:19 AM
I also have IOS. My ID is my nickname. You (or anyone else) would like to try

Android player. Cannot see any event items in ur shop. Haven't seen any event items in any shop.

Fairyreserve
03-25-18, 08:22 AM
When you see the gnome, tap him, then force close the game, swipe the app away, then go straight back to your game, after popping the butterflies and mole the gnome will reappear, generally about 15 seconds, I did this a few times each time I sit down to play the game, managed to up my amount of spices, cleared level 3 but level 4 is tough so am just plodding along with it, see what happens, good luck x

This is the only thing that works for me. It's very slow. And zero pig drops. I doubt I'll get out of task 4.

ETA, I now have pig drops! But I've sent about 15 planes and no mushroom feed. Those drops r so tight it's really crazy.

Bobbar1
03-25-18, 09:02 AM
Not sure what I?m doing wrong so some advice please. As of now I have seen a total of 8 gnomes. It is totally impossible to get anywhere near achievement. I have 2 mushrooms so far for goal 3. I spend lots of time in the game but no luck
Let me know if I need to be doing things to attract them
Also realize some people are a visually challenged so I could just be missing them
Any trick I should know let me know

Paul__
03-25-18, 09:04 AM
Stop freaking out about the event. We still have 9 more days. The event isn’t even half over yet.

1212Joanna
03-25-18, 09:52 AM
To catch a gnome. Judy’s Post #106 page 11 works brilliantly. I thought the gnomes were not visiting my farm but I must have been missing them as since I’ve set up a ‘gnome jail’ I am able to catch them fairly frequently. I had given up on this event as I just couldn’t see any gnomes, I may try now as there’s still quite a lot of days left. Good luck gnome catching everyone. Follow Judy’s instructions in her post. Big thanks to Judy, PokieBear and others for this brilliant tip

shelleymb
03-25-18, 10:50 AM
If you are complaining about the pigs or gnomes not giving up stuff, wait until goal 7. Go mining and fishing for the moss and iris. I’ve used almost all my tools and still no moss rocks on my lower level farm. My higher level farm is just starting goal 6 for lack of porcini mushrooms.

dugambon
03-25-18, 01:23 PM
I?m curious to know if you used real money or gems to complete? I?ve been on 4/7 for 2 days & I dont see any way possible without doing it.

I have max show ponies, they give 90 gems every week, I used those gems, not real money.

CierzoKitchen
03-25-18, 03:58 PM
My pigs have not been producing drops for the last 4 or 5 collections now...
I have no problem with the gnome or getting spore spouts though.

Also I'm pretty amused that one event item is called Gnome Spice

Gnome Spice! Anything is possible when you smell like a gnome and not a lady. I'm on a horse.

abalian
03-25-18, 09:05 PM
I?m at step 6 of 7 and the mushroom stew does not appear in the kitchen. I have restarted the iPad reinstalled the game and nothing works. Anyone else experience this issue?

goodies70
03-25-18, 09:12 PM
Ok I am going to try to finish now that I am annoyed.
Everyone needs to listen though on how to catch a GNOME
Pookiebear50 and some others spelled it out and I am going to show yous what I did.
I took time and checked my entire farm for hidden empty squares and THEY were there.
Like perhaps behind a tree by a machine etc
I did this in first couple hours of the event.
I then covered every empty square with a stepping stone, decoration etc
I created a GNOME JAIL
Only place the sneaky little Sherlock GNOME could appear
43204 This tip has helped the most, although I’m still way, way behind! It has also cluttered up my nice, neat farm, which is driving me crazy, but anything to find Gnome spice!!

PookieBear50
03-26-18, 12:03 AM
This tip has helped the most, although I’m still way, way behind! It has also cluttered up my nice, neat farm, which is driving me crazy, but anything to find Gnome spice!!

One other option is to arrange your farm so that, even if you don't choose to have a wide open space or a very restricted space for the gnome to appear in, you at least have nice clear "avenues" that provide clear views. This can be done by moving all the taller buildings like the Silo and the Feed Mills to the edges (to avoid the gnome appearing in the blind spots) and/or blocking in the back "hidden" sides of the buildings/objects with decorations, and by moving smaller and/or "see-thru" objects (like the Dehydrator or the Grape Pergola) to the front. Then, just memorize where the open spaces--in theory, they might now be straight paths between the buildings--and look along them each time you open the app. The gnome stays around for a little while, so a quick scan-through of those paths should help to spot it.

Mitzi111
03-26-18, 02:43 AM
The gnome shows up frequently enough for me, but my problem is that I cannot get the spores to drop on deliveries. I can send a lots of deliveries and no spores. : (
Question: I just finished Goal 3. What did everyone do with the fried mushrooms? They are taking up space in my barn!

PookieBear50
03-26-18, 02:49 AM
The gnome shows up frequently enough for me, but my problem is that I cannot get the spores to drop on deliveries. I can send a lots of deliveries and no spores. : (
Question: I just finished Goal 3. What did everyone do with the fried mushrooms? They are taking up space in my barn!

Hold onto EVERYTHING you craft for the different goals. You will need them for the goals that open after you complete Goal 7.

Mitzi111
03-26-18, 03:34 AM
Hold onto EVERYTHING you craft for the different goals. You will need them for the goals that open after you complete Goal 7.
OK Thanks PookieBear50 ! I will have to dump some other stuff from my barn, but will keep the fried mushrooms. Cross your fingers that I can get to Goal 7 !!!

mrscash50a
03-26-18, 09:30 AM
That is because you have to be highlited. They only show up in the newspaper. I have sold several things cuz not doing quest. Cost ten gems to promo the stuff but better than deleting stuff.

judyandthecat
03-26-18, 09:37 AM
That is because you have to be highlited. They only show up in the newspaper. I have sold several things cuz not doing quest. Cost ten gems to promo the stuff but better than deleting stuff.

It is in your paper and store yes that is why when you open a paper right now you see empty spots
Other players cannot see or buy.

Stormie and his clean-up bots buy the stuff.

We all wish we could buy and sell but we can't unfortunately.

Kinky_Candy
03-26-18, 11:36 AM
Was desperate with gnomes but post #106 page 11 helped me so much:))) thank u. My new problem is that the pigs don't give me mushrooms:( Has anybody the same problem like mine? Any solution?

stormdagi
03-26-18, 12:07 PM
Can someone please fix pigs to drop mushrooms easier. I wait hours for nothing.

stormdagi
03-26-18, 12:10 PM
Can you please fix pigs to do more mushroom drops.

bj2500
03-26-18, 12:14 PM
I had 2 mushrooms drop in the last 3 days collecting 3-4 times a day.

griffithpack
03-26-18, 01:50 PM
Dear Storm 8: WORST. EVENT. EVER. Please, allow us to help each other with parts. Many who aren’t participating would love to help their neighbors. I know you won’t change an event mid stream, but for future events. This game was so much more fun when we could do that. I’m seriously considering quitting because the last few events have been impossible to complete and the game just isn’t fun any more. So sad I’ve spent money and time on it. I’ve asked before and haven’t seen an answer: Why did you change that part of the events?

Mitzi111
03-26-18, 02:36 PM
Another question: I just realized that I have a ton of bacon in my barn. Do I need to hang on to the bacon for a later goal?

zxzxzp
03-26-18, 03:56 PM

I?m not sure promoting items always helps. There are many times I have promoted items and they just sit in the shop the whole day! But if u put in store eventually it will be bought off...either by someone or by stormy.... I?m not sure it?s worth using gems to promote anything...

judyandthecat
03-26-18, 04:06 PM
Another question: I just realized that I have a ton of bacon in my barn. Do I need to hang on to the bacon for a later goal?

I just making it into pet food
Not needed for event items

Mitzi111
03-26-18, 04:09 PM
I just making it into pet food
Not needed for event items

whew! thanks Judy

PookieBear50
03-26-18, 05:35 PM

Another option is, if you are--like many players--waiting on one ingredient or another (probably the Portobello mushrooms), you can harvest potatoes and carrots and make stew. It uses up 3 bacon (unless I'm totally mistaken) to the 1 used for Pet Feed. I generally make Pet Feed because it sells quickly, but stew uses up more at a time.

Kinky_Candy
03-26-18, 06:07 PM
I have gather bacon from my 8 pigs 4 times now and i have NOT ONE MUSHROOM:(:(:( WHERE ARE THE MUSHROOMS? PLEASE HELP US

eucom
03-26-18, 08:16 PM
2 spore spouts in 2 days........

princessskykennedy
03-26-18, 08:58 PM
Can we please update first page with goal seven and eight ��. Thx!!

Thank you!!!

stormdagi
03-26-18, 09:56 PM
To get the gnome we need 5 coin. 5! Not possible without gems. Which I don’t have.

1 coin is;
2 burgers (step 5)
1 mushroom stew (step 6)
2 hours in the studio

So for 4 more coins we have to make another 48 fried mushrooms. 20 baked mushrooms. 4 more burgers. On top of all the goals. Probably some stew also. So is that actually correct or a storm joke? Once upon a time we got weeks for events or at least a chance of success. I understand one coin. But 5?!

Am I reading this wrong?

goodies70
03-26-18, 10:07 PM
Dear Storm 8: WORST. EVENT. EVER. Please, allow us to help each other with parts. Many who aren’t participating would love to help their neighbors. I know you won’t change an event mid stream, but for future events. This game was so much more fun when we could do that. I’m seriously considering quitting because the last few events have been impossible to complete and the game just isn’t fun any more. So sad I’ve spent money and time on it. I’ve asked before and haven’t seen an answer: Why did you change that part of the events?

Well said, I totally agree! A whole lot of us have complained about how hard the goals have become but it seems instead of fixing the problem they continue to get even harder. I don’t know why we can’t help each other out anymore either. For me, I don’t mind paying a little real money if I feel like I’m getting something out of it. I see where some have been able to win/complete the last few goals but I’m sure at a high cost. Like myself, many of us are disabled & can’t afford to pay a lot of money just for a game. I’m definitely not spending anymore money on FS, or at least not until they make some needed changes.

bessbee
03-26-18, 10:18 PM
Once again - this game is mean-spirited. Let us buy and sell to help each other. The way it used to be when challenges were fun. Also - a safe place to store and save up gems. From day one the game has stolen my gems. Go to sleep with 10 gems last night. Wake up with 5. Is it the gnomes?

Rynetory2
03-26-18, 10:20 PM

For the thread "Pets Guide". It?s closed, so I can not post there:

Your gnomes look so beautiful. Huge congratulations on finishing your event! :D Thanks for your pictures, added them to the Pets' Guide.

Rynetory2
03-26-18, 10:22 PM
I?m at step 6 of 7 and the mushroom stew does not appear in the kitchen. I have restarted the iPad reinstalled the game and nothing works. Anyone else experience this issue?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Is it still not showing? Have you tried scrolling the craft menu to the right? It's the last item. Please let me know if you are still having issue.

Lilliepaddd
03-26-18, 10:26 PM
I?m dizzy looking for that buggar...I?ve lost gems because my eyes are crossed...another fail for me. 🙁

griffithpack
03-27-18, 01:47 AM
Well, I guess I need to ask my question again: Why are we no longer allowed to have fun playing this game, succeed with events, win the prizes and have achievable goals by selling event parts to our neighbors? This event is beyond unreasonable for anyone who has a life outside of sitting in a chair or a hospital bed all day and all night. I’ve had my farm for 1,333 days, I’ve spent actual cash for gems - and can’t get an answer. Or actually maybe I did get an answer - the silent one that says “we don’t care, quit playing, we don’t need your money”. So I’ll just play a little each day, visit my friends, and not participate in events.

tya_bakery
03-27-18, 06:08 AM
Please please please fix the drops of pigs & maple trees.
I think I will use gems for the final task (goal 8)
But I will try hard to collect items!
I will happy if I can use gems below 300 (or maybe below 100? Haha)
Mr and Mrs Gnome are super cute!
Maybe there will be another event to complete this family with a children!

amsodopey1
03-27-18, 06:14 AM
Just doing a review of what I am going to need to complete the event and ha ha ha ha ha ha ha one Portobello a day no gnome for me x :(

19Deltaxxx
03-27-18, 09:02 AM
Seems like all I do any more is whine about these tasks... one after the other....
I'm not "actively" chasing the gnome quest due to all the issues of low drop rates from the previous few tasks, but have noticed a few of the same issues with this one as I go...
Gnome not popping up with enough frequency first and foremost. Have also had a VERY low drop rate of mushrooms from pigs.... 1 mushroom in 3 harvests... really?
Also, intermittently, instead of mushroom jars from the gnome, I get a regular mushroom... etc etc etc...
AND.... went to sleep last night with two mushroom burgers in inventory, and woke up this morning with one... magic!!!
I am SO glad I'm not taking this quest seriously... lol.

Rynetory2
03-27-18, 09:26 AM
AND.... went to sleep last night with two mushroom burgers in inventory, and woke up this morning with one... magic!!!

Sorry to hear that...

Try not to exit the game too fast after your last action to allow it to save your progress, especially an important activity. Always do a force save to save your progress on the Storm8 servers by visiting another farm, return back to your own farm and then force shut your game after a minute. This is my practice each time I exit the game and I've no lost items over the years. Hope this helps you.

Blondiegirlhi
03-27-18, 09:52 AM
Ok, I’ve tried to keep quiet this go round, as I was pretty negative on the last event. But, hello...1 mushroom from 12 pigs every collection. What is going on here? I just don’t get why developers of a game would make completing events so nearly impossible, unless you want to spend a lot of money or diamonds to complete them. I can see that some people have diamonds they have collected and use them to finish early or finish at all. But most players would not have this cache of diamonds available. I guess the game is evolving but leaving out a lot of players that would otherwise be very committed and dedicated. I know there are still 7 more days, but I’ve done some calculations and know there is absolutely no way to finish to get Mr or Mrs Gnome. Disappointed and sad...but not frustrated this time as I’m coming to expect this result.

19Deltaxxx
03-27-18, 12:24 PM
Just a quick update on my post of a few hours ago. ..
Just did my 4th harvest of pigs today, and got my FIRST mushroom from them... at that rate.... I should be able to finish task 5 of 7 sometime around day 14....
What....?? The event doesn't last that long...?
Who knew.... lol.

sh3llyb3lly628
03-27-18, 01:54 PM
My piggies have not cooperated during this entire event. I get no mushrooms or maybe one every 3 hours. In the end for the 5 coins I figured out that I?m going to need a total of 68 portobello mushrooms to get a gnome. (I deducted what I already have in my barn from the previous goals). If I would be lucky enough to get 2 mushrooms every time I checked my pigs it would take a total of 102 hours (4 days) straight of checking them exactly every 3 hours...there?s no way. This is my third event that I haven?t been able to complete and I play a lot.

Mitzi111
03-27-18, 05:33 PM
Another option is, if you are--like many players--waiting on one ingredient or another (probably the Portobello mushrooms), you can harvest potatoes and carrots and make stew. It uses up 3 bacon (unless I'm totally mistaken) to the 1 used for Pet Feed. I generally make Pet Feed because it sells quickly, but stew uses up more at a time.
Good idea PookieBear50 ! your suggestion along with Judy's will help me empty the bacon from my barn WITH a profit!! $$$$$

Mitzi111
03-27-18, 05:45 PM
Ok, I?ve tried to keep quiet this go round, as I was pretty negative on the last event. But, hello...1 mushroom from 12 pigs every collection. What is going on here? I just don?t get why developers of a game would make completing events so nearly impossible, unless you want to spend a lot of money or diamonds to complete them. I can see that some people have diamonds they have collected and use them to finish early or finish at all. But most players would not have this cache of diamonds available. I guess the game is evolving but leaving out a lot of players that would otherwise be very committed and dedicated. I know there are still 7 more days, but I?ve done some calculations and know there is absolutely no way to finish to get Mr or Mrs Gnome. Disappointed and sad...but not frustrated this time as I?m coming to expect this result.
I am also getting low drops from Pigs AND from deliveries.
I have started many events that I was never able to finish and felt very frustrated. But so goes the world of 'working' and 'not staring at this 24/7'. So The difference for me THIS time is that I KNEW I wouldn't finish (finally realistic). I went into it with the attitude that I would get a few gnomes. Like you, this is the first time that I am 'ok' with knowing that I won't complete the quest. I decided to just have fun completing each goal. Just my take on this.

lennumber1
03-28-18, 09:34 AM
I’ve played many events where the drop rates for 1 or 2 items were low. This, however is the first event where the drop rates for every item needed was below 10%. Unless I’m willing to spend hundreds of gems or more there is no way I will craft 5 coins. I’ll be lucky to craft 1 coin before the ability to collect mushrooms ends. No rant on the event just what my game gives for this event.

auroramom
03-28-18, 10:20 AM
I am voicing displeasure at the next to nothing drop rate of the pigs and the recent practice of not being able to buy and sell goal items.

Victory456
03-28-18, 02:06 PM
I really do not think this one is possible. Pigs are only giving 1-2 miushrooms a time yesterday twice ii collected nothing from them. Getting a little impatient with this quest.

princessskykennedy
03-28-18, 02:18 PM
Any hints on fishing / mining? Did you have to leave each time you fished to see if you got a flower or not?

ozigal
03-28-18, 02:20 PM
Well I am still stuck at stage 3. I used the helpful tip of Pookies , but the gnomes are very minimal. I'm not on 24/7 however on enough surely to collect more than I am. Over the time we have certainly had poor drop rates but this one for me is the worst of the worst.

PookieBear50
03-28-18, 02:58 PM
Any hints on fishing / mining? Did you have to leave each time you fished to see if you got a flower or not?

For fishing, watch your screen carefully after you tap on and collect the fish, and before you use another bait. You may see a "ghost" of the flower rising towards the top of the screen

For mining, I don't remember seeing the moss rising on the screen, but I do remember hearing a sound that indicated I had received a moss. It usually occurred right before I started mining again with a new tool. (I'll try going into the mine during my lunch break and revise this if necessary.)

EDIT: just finished in the mine. After you have finished using a tool (doesn't matter which one) to mine for, well, anything, and you decide to remain in the mine and continue searching, listen carefully. After you select the next tool, you may hear the same sound that you hear when 1) finding something, or 2) collecting something from anywhere on the farm (goods, crops, etc.). That indicates that you have just received a Moss.

EDIT #2: the flower appears right before you reel in your line with whatever you caught.

tya_bakery
03-28-18, 03:14 PM

For fishing, I do not need to leave because I can see flower in the pond during several fishing.
But for mining, I need to leave because the moss only appear when I leave the mine. So after one mining, I always leave to see I get the moss or not. And repeat to enter the mine again.

Scalezzzz
03-28-18, 03:59 PM
Are any of you getting portobello mushrooms from the Gnomes? I got one towards the beginning of the event but that was it. I’m curious if other people are getting them more often.

Also the post about the goal that comes after goal 7 says we have to repeat everything we already made 4 more times...This does not include the terrarium right?

PookieBear50
03-28-18, 04:10 PM
Are any of you getting portobello mushrooms from the Gnomes? I got one towards the beginning of the event but that was it. I’m curious if other people are getting them more often.

Also the post about the goal that comes after goal 7 says we have to repeat everything we already made 4 more times...This does not include the terrarium right?

I have gotten a couple of Portobello mushrooms from the Gnome, but more often than not I get the Chanterelle instead...though the most frequent drop is, of course, the Gnome Spice.

As far as I know (or can tell from other posts), it is only the one terrarium. It is separate from the recipe for the coins (which involves everything else we crafted through the goals).

judyandthecat
03-28-18, 04:37 PM
I have gotten a couple of Portobello mushrooms from the Gnome, but more often than not I get the Chanterelle instead...though the most frequent drop is, of course, the Gnome Spice.

As far as I know (or can tell from other posts), it is only the one terrarium. It is separate from the recipe for the coins (which involves everything else we crafted through the goals).

If you want both GNOMES you have to make 2 Terrariums

To get Ms GNOME
Visit 20 community neighbours
Give 5 gnome coins to Morgan
Give 1 Terrarium to Morgan
REWARDS: 200 coins, Ms GNOME Pet, 3 experience points

To get Mr GNOME
Get 1 GNOME coin
Give 5 GNOME coins to Piper
Give 1 Terrarium to Piper
REWARDS: 200 coins, Mr GNOME, 3 experience points

First coin is basically free because you should have all the stuff in the barn from quest 1 to 7
To make 1 coin
In the studio 2 hours
12 fried mushrooms
5 stuffed mushrooms
2 Mushroom burgers
1 Irish Stew

Lin49
03-28-18, 04:43 PM

Beware that when fishing for flowers, it seems that you need to have enough storage space for them. I just lost about 5 flowers because of this.

PookieBear50
03-28-18, 05:22 PM
If you want both GNOMES you have to make 2 Terrariums

To get Ms GNOME
Visit 20 community neighbours
Give 5 gnome coins to Morgan
Give 1 Terrarium to Morgan
REWARDS: 200 coins, Ms GNOME Pet, 3 experience points

To get Mr GNOME
Get 1 GNOME coin
Give 5 GNOME coins to Piper
Give 1 Terrarium to Piper
REWARDS: 200 coins, Mr GNOME, 3 experience points

First coin is basically free because you should have all the stuff in the barn from quest 1 to 7
To make 1 coin
In the studio 2 hours
12 fried mushrooms
5 stuffed mushrooms
2 Mushroom burgers
1 Irish Stew

True, if you want both gnomes, you need to make 2 terrariums. However, given how difficult it seems to be for many of us to get Portobello mushrooms, I think crafting 1 may be all we can accomplish in the limited time remaining (unless S8 improves the drop rates).

beebeecsh
03-28-18, 06:29 PM
I give up this 4/7 as from yesterday till today I got only one Portobello only although every 3 hours I run the pig feeding. I sold the gnome spices
to others not waste it.

tya_bakery
03-28-18, 06:48 PM
Is there any detail summary how many gems for goal 8 we needed?
I mean like gems for each part of coin/terarium recipes?
For example, how many gems we needed for 1 stuffed mushrom, 1 mushrom burger, etc.
Because sometimes if we have some parts, it is more expensive to skip than to buy some parts to complete task.

I think Mr & Mrs Gnome only available to buy by gems.
Now only 5 days left in my farm and I'm still look for 8 portobellos to make 1 terrarium.

princessskykennedy
03-28-18, 07:05 PM
Thank you everyone for taking the time to give advice on the fishing / mining!! Greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone!!

Paul__
03-28-18, 07:10 PM
Is there any detail summary how many gems for goal 8 we needed?
I mean like gems for each part of coin/terarium recipes?
For example, how many gems we needed for 1 stuffed mushrom, 1 mushrom burger, etc.
Because sometimes if we have some parts, it is more expensive to skip than to buy some parts to complete task.

I think Mr & Mrs Gnome only available to buy by gems.
Now only 5 days left in my farm and I'm still look for 8 portobellos to make 1 terrarium.

Here is the goal with the gem speed through values:

Good question Pookiebear50
I have not made my choice so this is what I see on these two 18 days to do list

So 375 for 5 coins. 375 divided by 5 is 75 so 75 gems per coin.

Woldawson
03-28-18, 10:09 PM
Anybody else having trouble finding Gnomes?? We need to find 36 gnomes to craft the needed 12 fried mushrooms to finish goal 3. Well, I?m lucky if I find ONE gnome a day. Meanwhile I find butterflies, otters, & moles often, like 5 each a day. Why make is near impossible to find gnomes?

Lilliepaddd
03-29-18, 12:10 AM
Highly annoying when you stay up late...and.not.one.mushroom! From the pigs....Ridiculous! 😡😡😡

tya_bakery
03-29-18, 04:38 AM
Here is the goal with the gem speed through values:

So 375 for 5 coins. 375 divided by 5 is 75 so 75 gems per coin.

Hmmm... 1 coin is free when I complete 7 goals.
Now I'm preparing my 1st Terraroum.

So, for having mr&mrs gnome:
if I can only make 1 Terrarium, I need 375 + 300 + 125 gems
if I can make 2 Terrarium, I need 375 + 300 gems
If I can make 2 Terrarium & 1 more coin, I need 300 + 300 gems
If I can make 2 Terrarium & 2 more coin, I need 300 + 215 gems
If I can make 2 Terrarium & 3 more coin, I need 215 + 215 gems

Am I right?
Let's see how many terrarium & coins that I can make

sachertorte19
03-29-18, 05:51 AM
3X12pigs get1drop reale confusing

Bobbar1
03-29-18, 05:59 AM
I am also stuck on 3 and have been for a very long time. Like maybe day 4. Only getting one gnome a day and I?m putting in at least 5 hrs a day. I am wondering if I sell pods mushrooms etc in the market will others see and buy or do the bots buy them.

Rynetory2
03-29-18, 06:14 AM
I am also stuck on 3 and have been for a very long time. Like maybe day 4. Only getting one gnome a day and I?m putting in at least 5 hrs a day. I am wondering if I sell pods mushrooms etc in the market will others see and buy or do the bots buy them.

Players arent able to see/buy them.

HelloUncertainty
03-29-18, 06:55 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. Why are they giving us impossible events? This game used to be so much fun when we could help each other out by selling parts, and now they have made it so you can't sell anything to anyone. And the drops for parts are almost nonexistent. This is by far the absolute worst event. Please listen to your customers and fix these problems. I refuse to spend my hard earned money until then.

Fairyreserve
03-29-18, 07:31 AM
Wellp. I had to quit this one. I wanted my gnome, but I'm gonna have to get over it. I'm pretty 24/7, been following Judy's advice, but still stuck on goal 4 for days now. I can't imagine how ill finish. The little mini gnomes are cute, this, so that's something. I also like the logs when the become mushroom, so I'll keep playing and keep some of those as decorations. This event clearly was meant to be really hard on purpose, they want us to spend gems. That's ok, my expectations were really very well set for players who pay attn to the forum. Those who don't know the forum exists will be really upset, but I saw what was laid out for me thanks to all of you guys, so I'm not upset really. Like I was for the beaver event. But this one seemed really hard by design from the word go. Really disappointed, but whatchagonnado?

Scalezzzz
03-29-18, 09:59 AM

I keep hoping the gnomes will give me Portobellos but I just get spice. I think I have gotten about three chanterelle.

Thanks! I just had to make sure. I think I?ll barely have enough for one terrarium. :p

PookieBear50
03-29-18, 11:10 AM
Finally managed to craft the Terrarium last night, and did the first coin this morning. However, I am ambivalent about completing either (let alone both) gnome goal since, in order to get to that point and craft everything that needed them, I would need my pigs to share about 70 Portobello mushrooms with me, and with a limited drop rate (1 per 12 pigs per collection), I don't think there's enough time to collect that many.

Oh, well. I'll keep collecting and doing my best. On the plus side, I'm getting a lot of bacon and making a lot of pet feed and selling that all easily enough, so at least I have a relatively steady income flow :)