PDA

View Full Version : Crashes and lag on Ipod touch 2nd generation

rosalie_x
03-28-11, 02:23 PM
TeamLava, if your reading this, PLEASE fix this, its an awesome game but this is the major flaw with it, thanks

GroupMagma
03-28-11, 04:20 PM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Make sure you contact our support team at support@teamlava.com for further assistance.

redbites
03-28-11, 04:46 PM
I had seriously bad lag issues on my second gen touch so I went out and bought a 4th gen

GroupMagma
03-28-11, 04:49 PM
Redbites,

Is your game experiencing the same issues as those with the 2nd Gen iPod Touch?

redbites
03-28-11, 07:29 PM
My 4th gen touch doesn't experience any lag which is really good but it's sad about my old ipod

Dimitri64500
03-28-11, 11:20 PM
With iPod Touch 2nd Gen is the same that iPhone 3g, it's impossible to play. iPod 3rd and 4th, iPhone 3gs and 4 it's possible, please add an update

GroupMagma
04-04-11, 04:24 PM
Can you guys also provide the version of iOS you are running as well? This info is extremely helpful for our engineers to discover the root of the problem. :)
Also, is there a particular area/action where you are experiencing the most lag, or is it an overall thing?

redbites
04-04-11, 06:39 PM
My ipod 2nd gen is running 4.1 and one of my friends has a 2nd gen on 4.2 and it had bad lag issues. The lag has been continuous since december 2010. The lag occurs all the time and it generally takes 2 minutes or so just to bring up the cookbook.

redbites
05-11-11, 06:10 PM
This thread is for restaurant story, what is it doing here?

GroupMagma
05-11-11, 07:13 PM
That's a fair question. Maybe a mistake from the move.

In any case, this may be a result of the iPod Touch Gen 4 having a much better processor and double the RAM as the iPod Touch Gen 2, and newer updates would be more optimized for devices with higher specifications. In any case, I've passed the info onto engineering so they can research it further.

redbites
05-11-11, 07:26 PM
That's a fair question. Maybe a mistake from the move.

In any case, this may be a result of the iPod Touch Gen 4 having a much better processor and double the RAM as the iPod Touch Gen 2, and newer updates would be more optimized for devices with higher specifications. In any case, I've passed the info onto engineering so they can research it further.
Thanks for the information and maybe there might be ways to fix this

redbites
06-05-11, 01:40 PM
Is there any information from the engineering team?

redbites
06-14-11, 04:09 PM
Please!!! Is there any word from the engineering team?

Rachael98
06-14-11, 04:15 PM
Please!!! Is there any word from the engineering team?

Not yet it seems. Otherwise it probably would have been posted.

GroupMagma
06-14-11, 04:21 PM
Sorry, I don't have any update from the engineers regarding this issue.

redbites
06-14-11, 04:28 PM
That's too bad I guess I will never know

redbites
06-28-11, 03:54 PM
Does anyone else have these lag problems?

FlameyHawk
06-28-11, 03:56 PM
No lag from me.
Are you sure it is not because your iDevice does not have to much memory?

Rachael98
06-28-11, 03:57 PM

I haven't got the problems...but would it be possible to give them a little nudge about updating us (through you or JPlus)?

Rachael98
06-28-11, 03:58 PM
No lag from me.
Are you sure it is not because your iDevice does not have to much memory?

That has never happened with me for a TL game even though I have low disc space (installing the updates today crashed my iPod:eek::rolleyes: My fault!)

jovenal
06-29-11, 09:33 PM
for iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2g users that have a iOS4 installed can experience a lag and slowdown. You might want to cut down on multitasking -just run a limited number of apps at the same time. Also try doing a cold hard reboot to force the iOS to rebuild.

redbites
06-30-11, 10:58 AM
I have a 4th gen touch and have every ipod generation. My 1st generation runs restaurant story better than my 2nd running ios4

jovenal
06-30-11, 09:13 PM
I have a 4th gen touch and have every ipod generation. My 1st generation runs restaurant story better than my 2nd running ios4

I believe the last iOS that can be install in 1st gen iPod Touch is 3.1.3 and iOS3 is less demanding on the processor. iPhone 3G and iPod 2g should stick with iOS3 for better performance because of its limited RAM and processor. I'm using iPhone4 now and own the 3 previous generation and playing these games on the 1st and 2nd gen is daunting and tedious . iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 3gen should be the minimum hardware requirement to fully enjoy these games IMHO.

ChezKat14
06-30-11, 10:29 PM
I've had the same problems in the past and I've got an iPhone 3G - but I've found that when it gets really bad and crashes a lot a complete restart seems to fix it!
Maybe give that a try? :)

sweetie_bug
07-26-11, 02:57 PM
I'm having these problems on my daughter's ipod touch 2nd generation, and I can't afford to buy another ipod for her right now. She got very frustrated with her games crashing. I feel very badly for her. Its running 4.2.1.

Superyalda
07-28-11, 10:33 AM
Im on ipad2 4.3.3 and most recent RS update. There are days that the app is soooo slow it's impossible to play. Other days it flies. Today and yesterday (since the last update) has been more or less ok but it's still inconsistent.

The lag with me happens when refreshing the wall, both my wall and visitors walls. I also have a static problem with the tips I leave where when I go back to someone I already tipped, some or all of the tips I left are gone and I need to tip again. This can happen several times in a row.

jovenal
07-28-11, 04:59 PM
I'm having these problems on my daughter's ipod touch 2nd generation, and I can't afford to buy another ipod for her right now. She got very frustrated with her games crashing. I feel very badly for her. Its running 4.2.1.

The problem with iPod Touch 2nd gen is that it only have 128 MB installed of DRAM to run all the programs. The processor run at 533MHz. (it's very similar to iPhone 3G).

Because of these limitations, apps are generally runs slower, lags and some even crashes. This is specially true to iTouch 2g with iOS4 installed. Actually the over all performance of this iDevice is slower. Here are some ways to improve the performance of your daughter's iTouch 2g.

* download a memory manager app to efficiently manage active processes and help you maximize free memory to boost speed.
* since your iPhone has limited RAM, free up some of your hard drive (delete apps you don't want). iOS utilizes virtual memory. virtual memory uses the hard disk to emulate RAM
* disable Spotlight search.
* perform a cold hard reboot (twice). that's not the same as holding the sleep/wake up button until you get the red slider and turning your iPhone off. That's just a normal shutdown and it only puts you right back where you left off since iOS shutdown to disk image.
- a cold hard reboot forces iOS to rebuild, which optimizes a variety of things.

Try these and see if the performance of your daughter's iPod Touch 2G improves.

also if you need to find out more ways to free up some of you hard drive space, you can check this http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15048-Anyone-else-experiencing-this&p=96240#post96240

jovenal
07-28-11, 05:41 PM
Im on ipad2 4.3.3 and most recent RS update. There are days that the app is soooo slow it's impossible to play. Other days it flies. Today and yesterday (since the last update) has been more or less ok but it's still inconsistent.

The lag with me happens when refreshing the wall, both my wall and visitors walls. I also have a static problem with the tips I leave where when I go back to someone I already tipped, some or all of the tips I left are gone and I need to tip again. This can happen several times in a row.

download the latest iOS update which is 4.3.5 and see if the iPad's performance improves. Most of what you've listed could be related to TL push notification of gem sale. I've noticed that every time a pop up is coming, the iDevice lags until the pop up opens. 'out of sync' is the most likely reason why your tip vanishes or doesn't stick to your neighbors. on the days that your iPad2 is running very slow, do you have too many apps opens? those apps takes valuable RAM(memory) even if you're not currently using them.

sweetie_bug
07-28-11, 06:14 PM
The problem with iPod Touch 2nd gen is that it only have 128 MB installed of DRAM to run all the programs. The processor run at 533MHz. (it's very similar to iPhone 3G).

Because of these limitations, apps are generally runs slower, lags and some even crashes. This is specially true to iTouch 2g with iOS4 installed. Actually the over all performance of this iDevice is slower. Here are some ways to improve the performance of your daughter's iTouch 2g.

* download a memory manager app to efficiently manage active processes and help you maximize free memory to boost speed.
* since your iPhone has limited RAM, free up some of your hard drive (delete apps you don't want). iOS utilizes virtual memory. virtual memory uses the hard disk to emulate RAM
* disable Spotlight search.
* perform a cold hard reboot (twice). that's not the same as holding the sleep/wake up button until you get the red slider and turning your iPhone off. That's just a normal shutdown and it only puts you right back where you left off since iOS shutdown to disk image.
- a cold hard reboot forces iOS to rebuild, which optimizes a variety of things.

Try these and see if the performance of your daughter's iPod Touch 2G improves.

also if you need to find out more ways to free up some of you hard drive space, you can check this http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15048-Anyone-else-experiencing-this&p=96240#post96240
Thank you so much! Do you have any favorite memory managers? I've never heard of such a thing!

jovenal
07-28-11, 07:31 PM
Thank you so much! Do you have any favorite memory managers? I've never heard of such a thing!

there are 3 apps I like, SYS Active Manager, SYSTEM Manager and System Status. They have a free version to try first. but like I said before having the app is optional. the most performance gain you'll get is from the last 3.. specially when you turn off Spotlight search.

Gref
09-09-11, 08:31 PM
This problem was affecting my iPod Touch 2G to the extreme, then my iOS stopped working. It was getting longer and longer lags making the game very difficult. I reset and reinstalled my iPod and reset all configs at same time and restarted from scratch. Still same old iPod Touch 2G, still same iOS 4.2.1 but difference is Resto Story now work at top speed. I think iOS gets corrupted with time after installing/uninstalling new apps / updates. RS being memory hungry probably not helping. I would really like option "Not interested with promos" or "Game Center". That "Game Center" I just ignored on my new install and now it doesn't bother me connecting to Game Center over and over. Another plus of a fresh install.

briguynv
09-10-11, 02:41 PM
My touch 2nd gen also gets VERY slow after a few mins of play. I have the latest versions of both BS & RS, and my touch is up to date at 4.2.1.

I deleted almost everything, all non-essential apps, all my music, etc... so my memory is less than 1/4 used up (most of that is the two games)... over 3/4 free!

Not sure how to "turn off" spotlight search... I went into it, and unchecked all the choices... so I hope that means it's "off"... I couldn't find an "on/off" switch.

But how do you do a "cold reboot"??? I was told to hold both down till the red slider came up... but if that's not right, how do I do it?

As for the person who said their easy fix was to just go buy a 4th gen... umm... wanna buy me one too? lol I certainly can't afford it!