PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/15 - Going Gnome + Glimmerwood Egg - final prize on your board

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

riverly
03-28-18, 05:42 PM
No Hewitt in storage after spending 80 gems to get himHe's a wanderer;a happy wanderer....

VersaceMorrow
03-28-18, 05:45 PM
He's a wanderer;a happy wanderer....

Walk like a gnome, talk like a gnome....

riverly
03-28-18, 05:48 PM
Walk like a gnome, talk like a gnome....He would walk 500 miles then he will walk 500 more.

VersaceMorrow
03-28-18, 05:56 PM
He would walk 500 miles then he will walk 500 more.

He'll do the walk... do the walk of life, do the walk of life

CharmOfLea
03-28-18, 05:56 PM
They took away our 2nd wedding alicorn, the extras should be taken away

Whose side are you on?

CharmOfLea
03-28-18, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure we are going to make the final community prize..... 34 minutes away and we still need 178K gnomes

?We? will make it, just watch. As I said, it is on autopilot.

AnnirasSweets
03-28-18, 05:59 PM
So, my Wooden Gnome counter is gone and I didn't receive the energy crate so I guess we didn't get it after all....Has that ever happened before???

VersaceMorrow
03-28-18, 06:00 PM
?We? will make it, just watch. As I said, it is on autopilot.

You're right! 25 Energy crate

CharmOfLea
03-28-18, 06:01 PM
So, my Wooden Gnome counter is gone and I didn't receive the energy crate so I guess we didn't get it after all....Has that ever happened before???

Nope, never happened and didn’t happen today either:

Force close.

AnnirasSweets
03-28-18, 06:03 PM
Nope, never happened and didn’t happen today either:

Force close.

I spoke too soon. My counter went away a good 7 minutes before 9pm (EST) thus I thought the event had ended. However when the actual deadline came, so did the prize. Thank goodness I wasn't trying to hurry and get a last collection in since I wouldn't have been able to due to the counters leaving early.

CharmOfLea
03-28-18, 06:05 PM
You're right! 25 Energy crate

The community really initially thought it was indeed a true number of globally collected items. In fact, it was a bit disappointing to find out, nothing we do matters, it is just a clock.

VersaceMorrow
03-28-18, 06:11 PM
The community really initially thought it was indeed a true number of globally collected items. In fact, it was a bit disappointing to find out, nothing we do matters, it is just a clock.

How disappointing.... next thing you're going to tell me is that there is no Easter Bunny?

AnnirasSweets
03-28-18, 06:12 PM

When the prizes are so dismal, this may been seen as a good thing. I for one, am not overly upset by the fact that my actions didn't affect whether or not I received them, if that makes sense? Don't get me wrong, free energy crates are free energy so, yay! But, the rewards for this event come nowhere near to balancing out the scales against how much energy we put forth. S8 really needs to work on that, it's become an issue with a lot of their new additions.

lilymonster4
03-28-18, 06:19 PM

I figured long ago that it’s not really how many things we collect but I specifically remember one event when we didn’t get the last prize so I guess they’re in control of it. I think it’s better that way, one less thing to stress about.

Kirschbaumm
03-28-18, 06:36 PM
These 2 Events have been doable I think. But could it have been that S8 gifted me 5 gnomes yesterday? A couple of days ago I was doing a bit of math and I thought that I would be five gnomes to short for getting Hewitt. I don’t know. Weird.

CharmOfLea
03-28-18, 06:38 PM
How disappointing.... next thing you're going to tell me is that there is no Easter Bunny?
Nope, the Easter Bunny is solid. I promise.

Yeah, it was way more fun, when we thought we were all pulling together for the common good, solidarity was a real thing. This game did not evolve for the better.

bumbling
03-28-18, 06:45 PM
I just lost out on getting citizen Hewitt by just one gnome all because of the crashing glitch! All I needed to do was collect from my gnome hut to get the 155th and final gnome to get citizen Hewitt, but because of that crashing glitch I ended up getting into the game at 9:01 after trying to get on since 8:52, which was one minute too late😡

LadyRissaRenae
03-28-18, 06:58 PM
I figured long ago that it’s not really how many things we collect but I specifically remember one event when we didn’t get the last prize so I guess they’re in control of it. I think it’s better that way, one less thing to stress about.

Or perhaps they thought we'd riot if we didn't get the last prize, given all the issues with this event. I stopped collecting gnomes once I got Hewitt; I was so done with this event.

Varinamom
03-28-18, 07:18 PM
I found Hewitt. He was in the Town Square, not general storage.

Irma_Isle
03-28-18, 07:31 PM
These 2 Events have been doable I think. But could it have been that S8 gifted me 5 gnomes yesterday? A couple of days ago I was doing a bit of math and I thought that I would be five gnomes to short for getting Hewitt. I don’t know. Weird.

Same. In my calculation, we still have one day. I'm short 5 gnomes to get him but decide wont. Gems are preciousssss

Dqueenie
03-28-18, 09:51 PM
Poll time!

AnnirasSweets
03-28-18, 09:59 PM
What a joke! Now that the event is over the Gnome Home now drops 1 XP and 1 Mushroom, yet another event item relegated to storage... Would it kill them to add coins at the very least?

SpiritWind00
03-28-18, 10:58 PM
Poll time!
I've been thinking about how to tackle this one given there have been 3 events: Going Gnome, Gnome Mans land and glimmerwood eggs. The number of questions you can have is limited to 13 so I'll need to make the poll broader this time. I'll work on this in a few hours when I've more time.

-----------------

For those players who are looking for their final prize, please check your board as Hewitt is a kingdom citizen. You may find him in the Town Hall if you don't see him on your board. Please post here or in the bugs and issues forum for more help.

jesslau9
03-28-18, 11:04 PM
These 2 Events have been doable I think. But could it have been that S8 gifted me 5 gnomes yesterday? A couple of days ago I was doing a bit of math and I thought that I would be five gnomes to short for getting Hewitt. I don?t know. Weird.

did you craft the Alicorn? they rewarded 5 gnomes as a reward

spanisheyes1
03-29-18, 01:07 AM
I just lost out on getting citizen Hewitt by just one gnome all because of the crashing glitch! All I needed to do was collect from my gnome hut to get the 155th and final gnome to get citizen Hewitt, but because of that crashing glitch I ended up getting into the game at 9:01 after trying to get on since 8:52, which was one minute too late😡
That really sucks.

olma_ru
03-29-18, 01:34 AM
I saw the splash screen saying the brand new event is starting March 29. So, finishing the previos one on March 28 looks fine. Why people are complaining? ;)

katbtodd
03-29-18, 03:51 AM
No Hewitt in storage after spending 80 gems to get him

You will find him walking around your kingdom

SpiritWind00
03-29-18, 04:17 AM
Poll added and available for 4 days. If on mobile device, login and select Full Site to see it.

katbtodd
03-29-18, 04:32 AM
Poll added and available for 4 days. If on mobile device, login and select Full Site to see it.

I'm on mobile had no problem seeing it ,, when I popped in the forum ,it was there !

kendysek
03-29-18, 04:42 AM
I'm really happy with my pastel animals and of course beautiful alicorn. I did not enjoy (and finished) the quest line with fighting gnome knights to get the Kane. Even though I have a lot of energy sources, here they were not helpful.

vickibabes
03-29-18, 06:26 AM
Disappointing overall. I git Dwayne and all the glimmer animals incl unicirn but failed to get anything else.

The egging gnome only started to appear 2 days before the end of the entire event, which frankly sucked :-(

Starting to wonder again if its worth participating in these.

HuckleTown
03-29-18, 06:50 AM
I liked Gnome man's land (the prizes are beneficial)
Neutral on going gnome (while cute, the animals are an ok addition, not much energy required to complete)
Disliked Glimmerwood Egg because the energy requirement was just too intensive. At least this time Ivy was a guaranteed drop and you could miss a collection or two. Also, yet more animals that are prizes. The problem with animals/buildings with a different theme but same function is we all know that at some point those items will be required for a quest but they won't be coded to drop what is needed. While S8 has been better at this recently, there will be personnel changes and the new coders won't know all the animals/buildings to "turn on" during events.

Hopefully S8 will let us know the final prize and drops up front for all future events.

katbtodd
03-29-18, 07:12 AM
Deleted

EsmeW2
03-29-18, 07:29 AM
Ha ha confusing poll to vote on - can hardly remember all of the elements. Happy with the Ali, and that little fellow who drops living wood. Parked Hewitt in the town hall and the others are all off to store soon. Kept the energy crates for a needy moment. All graphics were great!

LadyRissaRenae
03-29-18, 08:05 AM
The first 2 parts of this even were nice, I enjoyed them. The pastel animals... do they ever grow up, or will they stay small forever (or I just haven't fed them enough?) So incredibly unhappy with all the glitches, crashes, rule changes, and other issues with the pastel animals event as a whole.

Energy use wasn't too bad for me, but I was sad to see S8 revert to "chop a million trees in order to succeed" format. I liked the inventiveness of having to check several different places to get items. They should nominate more long collection locations to drop event items rather than chopping trees and rocks. That gets boring about the second tree in.

I'm cautiously optimistic they've learned their lesson on this event, and thus the tree-creature-event (??) will have less glitches. Fingers crossed!

beefus
03-29-18, 08:22 AM
Things Crafted this event:
2 Fabron
1 Dwayne
2 Kane
1 Giles (I guess he was awarded, not crafted.)
5 Egging Gnomes (I needed guards around my mines.)
17 Bronze Egg Token
17 Silver Egg Token
17 Gold Egg Token
1 Pastel Unicorn

Purchased:
1 Gnome Worker
1 Gnome Knight
2 Pastel Unicorn

... however I asked for my neighbor assistance too soon, so I have 9 of each Egg Token type left over instead of 1.

First collection of the Three Pastel Unicorns: 2\2\2 (FUn!)

And I even finished my final Heksa battle during this event.

The thing I liked most about any of this was when it was time to fight for Kane, EVERY hit on a farm house triggered a mob.

The thing I disliked the most about this, aside from the coding, changing rules, crappy implementation of the entire update and poor communication, was when it came time to fight the Egging Gnomes, it took multiple attempts to trigger something TO fight.

If you want me to fight something, make it spawn the first time... and make me kill 10 more of whatever it is. But PLEASE stop making me waste energy trying to spawn a mob.

MOo
Beefus

Kirschbaumm
03-29-18, 08:25 AM
did you craft the Alicorn? they rewarded 5 gnomes as a reward

Yes, I did. That could be the explanation. Ty.

LadyRissaRenae
03-29-18, 08:27 AM
If you want me to fight something, make it spawn the first time... and make me kill 10 more of whatever it is. But PLEASE stop making me waste energy trying to spawn a mob.

MOo
Beefus

I skipped the egging gnome altogether because of this. At one point, I had to hit 7 farmhouses to get a spawn. I dropped out at that point.

AnnirasSweets
03-29-18, 08:37 AM
Things Crafted this event...5 Egging Gnomes (I needed guards around my mines.)

I can picture the Gnome Guard now, that would be adorable! I only crafted 2 Egging Gnomes and it was only because I make 2 of everything possible. His drops weren't anywhere near good enough for me to justify using all that energy. Especially since he came after all the other Gnomes that have pretty great drops in comparison. Maybe if they had him come first and made his spawns guaranteed like the others or require less eggs then I might have been more receptive to him? As it was, I just had a hard time scraping up any enthusiasm for the poor lil' guy.

Kudos on you for such dedication, though.

Dqueenie
03-29-18, 08:53 AM

Thank-you SpiritWind! You do such a nice job with that and your gentle spirit is so calming to us. Especially when we create emotional storms.

I don't always post when I visit the forum & I visit a lot. Seems every time I try to play CS without checking forum, I miss something important. So I'm learning to appreciate you & this place more & more. 😊

Kirschbaumm
03-29-18, 09:13 AM
Same. In my calculation, we still have one day. I'm short 5 gnomes to get him but decide wont. Gems are preciousssss

It was one gem less expensive per gnome to speed up the mushroom hut... Just saying. I often speed up a bit for a few gems to match the goal. I?ve bought everything I wanted to buy, so I?m spending them like this.

Dqueenie
03-29-18, 09:16 AM
I saw the splash screen saying the brand new event is starting March 29. So, finishing the previos one on March 28 looks fine. Why people are complaining? ;)

People are complaining because the game kept reminding us to collect all items before March 29 & the event actually ended the 28th, which caught a lot of folks off guard, thinking they had 1 more day & they missed out on items they had been working hard for.

Don't think of it as complaining per se, but really just communication. Something S8 needs to work on. There must have been hundreds of posts about where Hewitt was after attaining him. The wording that he was in storage was very confusing as were other wording aspects in this event. We are communicating our frustrations to fellow players in hopes that S8 will listen & continue to keep improving our gaming experience & for a Lot of us, our way of life.

LadyRissaRenae
03-29-18, 09:25 AM
Yes, a big round of applause for SpiritWind as she had to deal with more than a few items on this event.

katbtodd
03-29-18, 10:30 AM
Yes, a big round of applause for SpiritWind as she had to deal with more than a few items on this event.

katbtodd
03-29-18, 10:35 AM
Today's collections 2, 2, 2, ,3. In reality 1, 1, 1, 2. Unbelievable!

I have posted in the suggestion and feed back thread about the supper low energy drops

spanisheyes1
03-30-18, 12:32 AM

I think the point is that the 29th was the date given at the begining for completion then it was changed right at the end. If you have an expectancy of being able to complete by a given if that is taken from you at the last minute you have a right to complain.

Whoops. I see you have been answered before.
Write out 100 times - I must read to then before answering.