PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Gaelic Gala - 2018 Mar 9 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
03-09-18, 07:13 PM
Please take note:

Planned maintenance for all games on Sunday, March 11th. Start: 1:50am PDT End: ~2 Hours
During maintenance, you will not be able to access the games. We apologize for the inconvenience!

You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42746

Event Schedule
Event is live from March 9 at 11:30am.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

Event Boost
Carved Coloumn - collect 20 points / 2.5 hrs (175 gems)
Gleaming Gold - collect 60 points / 2.5 hrs (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to game levels.

50 points - Mystery box
350 points - Celtic Kite (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1498751&viewfull=1#post1498751)
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - Shamrock stone
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - Limerick Chick (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453932&viewfull=1#post1453932)
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,500 points - Clover clearing
5,500 points - Mystery box
6,100 points - Spring Equifox (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454188&viewfull=1#post1454188)
7,200 points - Irish Setter (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1498752&viewfull=1#post1498752)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42745

Rank Prizes
1st - Shamrock Steed (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1498753&viewfull=1#post1498753), Gold Lucky Trophy
2nd - Shamrock Steed (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1498753&viewfull=1#post1498753), Silver Lucky Trophy
3rd - Bronze Lucky Trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 20,000 food, 35,000 coins, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 15,000 food, 25,000 coins
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals

300 leaderboard points for hatching
300 leaderboard points for raise it to lvl 3
400 leaderboard points for raise it to lvl 12.

Egg: Celtic Kite
*Food Schedule D*
8 hours hatching and evolving.

Thanks to you gramland.
Egg: Shamrock Steed.

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

AppieP
03-10-18, 02:02 AM

Egg: Celtic Kite
*Food Schedule D*
8 hours hatching and evolving.

300 leaderboard points for hatching
300 leaderboard points for raise it to lvl 3
400 leaderboard points for raise it to lvl 12.

Callyvitale19
03-10-18, 08:59 AM
I seem to be in a group where at least 4 players are buying gold boosts, one player bought 2 gold boosts yesterday. Everytime I log on someone has a gold boost. When i see this kind of competitive playing on the 1st and 2nd day I know that it's not worth it to waste my gems. Good luck everyone.

littelprince0313
03-10-18, 06:28 PM
Sorry.... dont we have the dog already.... -.-
He really totally looks like the old one right?

Would love to get the horse as always but my first is at 3,500 already 2-5 close behind so there should be no chance in the end.

AppieP
03-11-18, 01:16 AM
Sorry.... dont we have the dog already.... -.-
He really totally looks like the old one right?

Would love to get the horse as always but my first is at 3,500 already 2-5 close behind so there should be no chance in the end.

Indeed I thought the same. The dog looks a lot like Four Leaf Rover

Rynetory2
03-11-18, 04:17 AM
Scheduled Maintenance has ended. You may resume with your games. :)

LonePudding
03-11-18, 06:18 AM
How are the groups determined? I don’t want to speak too soon but my group seem pretty inactive...

Destiel0918
03-11-18, 06:46 AM
How are the groups determined? I don’t want to speak too soon but my group seem pretty inactive...

So far they have always seem random...

miadoubled
03-11-18, 07:15 AM
Indeed I thought the same. The dog looks a lot like Four Leaf Rover
Theyve also done a redo of the limerick chick, it was like the very first animal i got from an event! I do not have the others though, i hope they have some super cute ones with SB!

AppieP
03-11-18, 08:52 AM
Anyone already know which elements the new habitat Clover Clearing from the milestone holds?

heyyou0123
03-11-18, 08:52 AM
Th? time i met the one i fought l?st time whitch have whole set gold trophy plus the one of neighbor I fought time before he also have set of trophy gold n silver, so far i know my group very tough:D not sure if i can win, but i bet very fun times hehehe

Funner52
03-11-18, 10:02 AM
Not worth spending a lot of money on gems. I usually do but never get anything. These events, spend lots of money and get the last place/spend no money and get last place

LonePudding
03-11-18, 10:14 AM
Anyone already know which elements the new habitat Clover Clearing from the milestone holds?

It holds Water, Earth and Nature.

AppieP
03-11-18, 10:15 AM
It holds Water, Earth and Nature.

Thanks!

Callyvitale19
03-13-18, 10:48 AM
Not worth spending a lot of money on gems. I usually do but never get anything. These events, spend lots of money and get the last place/spend no money and get last placeI agree with you. In my group the 1st pl person bought 2 gold boosts the 1st day and buys at least 1 a day. To me that's a waste because she's only at 10 k pts but it's her gems. Right now my main goal is the Irish Setter for the 1250 kites towards the Wind Wanderer. I like the main prize but I'm not sure it's worth getting into a 3 or 4 way battle. Good luck everyone.

paulmiddle
03-13-18, 07:55 PM
Have people noticed that it pays to wait to near the end to use a boost or do a lot of feeding? I started slowly and the wheel was regularly giving me over 100 points. Now I’m second I only get 25 a go and I’ve used up my food- a lesson for next time- let the game give you the free points early on but make sure you have enough in reserve to make the final goal. Good luck.

JustKay
03-13-18, 09:48 PM
I agree with you. In my group the 1st pl person bought 2 gold boosts the 1st day and buys at least 1 a day. To me that's a waste because she's only at 10 k pts but it's her gems. Right now my main goal is the Irish Setter for the 1250 kites towards the Wind Wanderer. I like the main prize but I'm not sure it's worth getting into a 3 or 4 way battle. Good luck everyone.

Yeah, I notice that some players are not very strategic. Bear in mind that there are lots of younger players in the game too so maybe they aren't so calculating in their strategy. They might be new too and might not yet frequent this forum so they don't know how leaderboards work or that there is a boost sale near the end.

JustKay
03-13-18, 09:52 PM
Theyve also done a redo of the limerick chick, it was like the very first animal i got from an event! I do not have the others though, i hope they have some super cute ones with SB!

Yeah, I would like to see some new animal rotate in. I already have the limerick chick in storage right now, two in fact! Not sure how that happened, but soon I'll have three ... add another to the over 200 eggs I have in storage.

Sakrysta
03-14-18, 05:15 AM
I always wait until the end before boosting. Sometimes it's not worth spending the gems because others have gone crazy early in the event. I never know until the end if I'm going to have enough food to make a boost worthwhile. I just plant like I always do, breed, hatch and evolve as much as possible, feed only as much as necessary to keep the evolution flower busy, and see where I stand in the last few hours. If it looks doable (and sometimes I actually do the math), I boost and go for it.

Unfortunately, I've had a couple of close calls lately that have depleted my food stores, especially for Sakrysta. If that group gets ambitious this time, I probably won't spend the food & gems, even though first prize is REALLY pretty and I REALLY REALLY want it. ;)

G4OU812
03-14-18, 04:42 PM
I've got a question re: boost sale. How many days before the event ends does the sale usually start? I'm not sure if I'll get to 2nd place because that's 2,000 points away and 1st place is nearly 7,000 away from me.

My main goal for the leaderboard is to finish the milestone. I'm at 5,032 points and the Irish Setter is 7,200. I'm trying to figure out a strategy to get there. I have the Seafoam Unicorn (32 hours), Puppy Love (24 hours) in storage and the Gingerbread Pony (23 hours evolve) ready to go in case I need them to get me there so, I just want to know when the boost sale comes around.

I would have to make sure my two nests and evolution flower are clear. Plus I currently have 84,000 food available.

Penguin2016
03-14-18, 07:03 PM
I always wait until the end before boosting. Sometimes it's not worth spending the gems because others have gone crazy early in the event. I never know until the end if I'm going to have enough food to make a boost worthwhile. I just plant like I always do, breed, hatch and evolve as much as possible, feed only as much as necessary to keep the evolution flower busy, and see where I stand in the last few hours. If it looks doable (and sometimes I actually do the math), I boost and go for it.

Unfortunately, I've had a couple of close calls lately that have depleted my food stores, especially for Sakrysta. If that group gets ambitious this time, I probably won't spend the food & gems, even though first prize is REALLY pretty and I REALLY REALLY want it. ;)

Me too. I’ll wait until I have a huge chunk of food (I’m at 140k now) and animals ready in breeding, hatching, and evolution, and wheel ready to spin. But, since I worry about not having enough food for the storybook, I usually do it a few days before the end, so I’ll end the event with some food. Then if I need another boost to hit 7200 and decide that I want to do so, I can use it with the food I built up over those few days. I always do the math first to determine if it’s worth it and will actually get me what I need (ie my current 140k food is 700 points x 1.5 = 1125 points, plus hatching points, etc.)

AppieP
03-17-18, 12:53 AM
Irish Setter 8 hours hatching.

*Food Schedule D*

Callyvitale19
03-18-18, 12:57 PM
I'm in the craziest LB group I've ever been in. Can't wait to see what happens.

PookieBearsGirl
03-18-18, 06:06 PM
I'm in the craziest LB group I've ever been in. Can't wait to see what happens.

Alright... I'm intrigued! I need to know how this goes! KMU. ;)

miadoubled
03-19-18, 06:40 AM
Ahh the longest 13hrs of my life it seems! fingers crossed to not being dethroned anytime before then, i never win these or even try and want this one so bad! And im so close! After wasting 100gems on food i didnt need after a glitchy frozen screen i guess i can put it to use if needed.. heres to some some good juju for once!

Callyvitale19
03-19-18, 07:26 AM
Ahh the longest 13hrs of my life it seems! fingers crossed to not being dethroned anytime before then, i never win these or even try and want this one so bad! And im so close! After wasting 100gems on food i didnt need after a glitchy frozen screen i guess i can put it to use if needed.. heres to some some good juju for once!good luck

sandygin
03-19-18, 07:58 AM
I am done with storm 8 and this game. leaderboards are the worst thing they have come up with and are really unfair as only a few get to have the prize.The other events are bad too as it is impossible to win anything in this game. I am sick of missing out. I can't out spend the gem spenders and never have a chance.

Callyvitale19
03-19-18, 10:45 AM
I am done with storm 8 and this game. leaderboards are the worst thing they have come up with and are really unfair as only a few get to have the prize.The other events are bad too as it is impossible to win anything in this game. I am sick of missing out. I can't out spend the gem spenders and never have a chance.I agree to a point. If you get into a group who constantly buy boosts and have to out do each other from day one it definitely becomes rediculous and kind of childish in my opinion because they usually end up with a sniper who takes it in the end. Those people just run it up and S8 is the winner but if you're lucky enough to get in a group where they just play the game, which is the sensible way to play, then you have a chance at the end even if you have to use some gems and food. Good luck

Sakrysta
03-19-18, 11:40 AM
Leaderboards are the one event where I think the players have the most control. Yes, it may be that the other players in your group are super determined, but at least you're not fighting the increasingly difficult odds set behind the scenes of the game. While it IS disappointing when I end up in a group that goes crazy with boosting & gem spending, at least they are playing the game on their own terms. Whereas when we have events and goals that require us to breed animals that never breed, or win tournaments that are unreasonably difficult, or earn so many tokens that it's impossible to complete without a ridiculous outlay of funds - yeah, those events are the ones that are really starting to bother me.

At least in the Leaderboard I'm competing against other players, not spinning my wheels against the game itself.

mraguia
03-19-18, 08:03 PM
Can we stop making the events so ridiculously impossible to even complete the goals without spending hundreds of gems? You're not making me more inclined to buy gems. just less and less interested in playing the game at all.

Phoenix406
03-19-18, 08:34 PM
Crushed! I wanted the Shamrock Steed so badly, I vowed to go all out. I was in the top 2 all the way until today. I did a boost and a ton of speed breeding in the final 15 minutes. I looked when there was less than a minute left, and I was more than 700 points ahead of the third place person. All of a sudden when it ended someone beat me by about 100 points. I don't know how. Very disappointed. Don't feel like playing anymore. 😭

Rynetory2
03-19-18, 08:41 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

mysticalfairy320
03-19-18, 09:23 PM
Since a little after vday I can only play once a day bc of crashes but I did do all the goals! I ended up the worst place i have ever done-17th but I'm not upset, I've always been either 1st or 2nd maybe twice 3rd but now I'm just doing what I can and just enjoying new habitats and animals i can get! Maybe ill start catching all my stored animals!

Rynetory2
03-19-18, 09:56 PM
Since a little after vday I can only play once a day bc of crashes but I did do all the goals! I ended up the worst place i have ever done-17th but I'm not upset, I've always been either 1st or 2nd maybe twice 3rd but now I'm just doing what I can and just enjoying new habitats and animals i can get! Maybe ill start catching all my stored animals!

Sorry to hear that you are having the crashes. You are a great and excellent neighbour! :D

Rynetory2
03-19-18, 09:57 PM
Congratulations to all winners! :D

Does anyone has the breeding time or feed schedule for the Shamrock Steed?

AppieP
03-19-18, 10:24 PM
Crushed! I wanted the Shamrock Steed so badly, I vowed to go all out. I was in the top 2 all the way until today. I did a boost and a ton of speed breeding in the final 15 minutes. I looked when there was less than a minute left, and I was more than 700 points ahead of the third place person. All of a sudden when it ended someone beat me by about 100 points. I don't know how. Very disappointed. Don't feel like playing anymore. ��

Oh NO!! I feel your pain. It happens to me ones. Its really sad, specially if you really want this one. Just keep your head UP, and you will beat that guy the next time maby. That forgot.....its just for fun:o

gramland
03-19-18, 10:38 PM
Congratulations to all winners! :D

Does anyone has the breeding time or feed schedule for the Shamrock Steed?
The breed time for Shamrock Steed is 15hrs. Its on my nest now. I would post a picture of egg but I always fail trying.

BBHome20
03-19-18, 11:55 PM
Sent from my Galaxy Tab? S2

20180319_232526.png

Sorry was trying to post an egg pic but couldn't figure out how to do it 😕

lintupien
03-20-18, 12:05 AM
I had exactly 4500 points because I wanted the habitat. Ended up being second in my group :eek: I would have preferred runes over the pony that's never going to be hatched but oh well. I wish we could gift animals to neighbours or trade them.

AppieP
03-20-18, 01:42 AM
The breed time for Shamrock Steed is 15hrs. Its on my nest now. I would post a picture of egg but I always fail trying.

I just visite you and take a screenshot from your egg/nest.

Egg: Shamrock Steed.

Thanks to you gramland.

Rynetory2
03-20-18, 02:33 AM

Congrats on your beautiful steed and Thanks for your help. :)

I got lucky and found the egg from a visitor's forest but appreciate you for offering. FYI if you are on iOS device, some OS versions need you need to edit the photo in the Photo app before you are able to upload. If not, it'll give you a wrong file extension error. Drop me a pm if you need more help on it.

Gramland, AppieP, BBHome20 - Really heart warming to see you all helping out. :o

(Added egg pic to Post 1)

Rynetory2
03-20-18, 02:36 AM
Sent from my Galaxy Tab? S2

20180319_232526.png

Sorry was trying to post an egg pic but couldn't figure out how to do it ��

You can upload the picture by clicking on the last 3rd button from the right on the toolbar of the Quick Reply box. Then select Upload from Computer tab and follow the rest of the prompts. Hope this helps.

Sakrysta
03-20-18, 07:28 AM
Well Persepheny and Sakrysta managed to get 1st and 2nd respectively. I had to fork out 50 or so gems in speed breeding & hatching for Sakrysta, but I was so close to 2nd place, and I had already bought the boost, so I decided it was worth the expense. I really thought MenollyPiper would pull out a top two finish as well, but someone else boosted in the last minutes of the game who had more resources than I. I had just spent most of my gems for a Pokey Pilot (Rainbow element + one of the CUTEST animals in the whole game = SCORE!), so even though I managed a respectable 11,810 points, I ended up in 3rd place. A little sad, but honestly I can't complain. It was a great race! :)

mysticalfairy320
03-20-18, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having the crashes. You are a great and excellent neighbour! :D

Thank you! At least I can still play sometimes I don't mind too much it's still fun and I love all the new animals/habitats they bring out I may delete some things from my games storage like flowers ect and see if it helps!

miadoubled
03-20-18, 09:55 AM
So happy i managed to pull second! Fell asleep during the last critical 30minutes and almost was passed but thanking my lucky stars i made it! I love this horse! :) it was great having a leaderboard this month i could for once compete with!

Zamom72
03-20-18, 04:06 PM
I'm so excited I pulled 1st prize & the Shamrock Steed! It's been quite a while since I got a gold trophy. While silver'screen fine, too, b/c you still get the prize animal, you never know if you'll be bumped to 3rd in those last few minutes! I was watching the clock like a hawk. Lol

JustKay
03-20-18, 11:35 PM
Well Persepheny and Sakrysta managed to get 1st and 2nd respectively. I had to fork out 50 or so gems in speed breeding & hatching for Sakrysta, but I was so close to 2nd place, and I had already bought the boost, so I decided it was worth the expense. I really thought MenollyPiper would pull out a top two finish as well, but someone else boosted in the last minutes of the game who had more resources than I. I had just spent most of my gems for a Pokey Pilot (Rainbow element + one of the CUTEST animals in the whole game = SCORE!), so even though I managed a respectable 11,810 points, I ended up in 3rd place. A little sad, but honestly I can't complain. It was a great race! :)

You get to have one of each trophy! I know it's silly, but I think it's disappointing that you can only get either a gold, silver or bronze on any one account. Sometimes I just want the silver one, and sometimes the cutest one is the bronze. When you think about collecting rare in-game items, the bronze trophy is just as rare as the gold one!

Sakrysta
03-21-18, 06:57 AM
You get to have one of each trophy! I know it's silly, but I think it's disappointing that you can only get either a gold, silver or bronze on any one account. Sometimes I just want the silver one, and sometimes the cutest one is the bronze. When you think about collecting rare in-game items, the bronze trophy is just as rare as the gold one!LOL - I honestly couldn't care less about the trophies, because who has room for decorations anymore? But I can certainly see the appeal of going for the rare ones. :D

Rynetory2
03-30-18, 06:03 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.