PDA

View Full Version : Lotus dragon

squigglish
03-06-18, 01:30 PM
When the gemstone dragons were taken out of the spell shop, the lotus dragon, which is not a gemstone dragon was removed too. There was never any notification of this. I have most of the required materials but now, poof! I nor anyone else, can not craft the lotus dragon. That is an issue that never should need to be dealt with as it just required notification but that never happened. The issue does need to be resolved and resolved in a satisfactory manner

[S8] Elsa
03-06-18, 02:17 PM
Crafts that required materials from the original Trading feature have been retired. This will include recipes that need Spell Scrolls, Nether Dust, or Gemstones.

RhodryMaelwaedd
03-06-18, 02:50 PM
Elsa;1497667']Crafts that required materials from the original Trading feature have been retired. This will include recipes that need Spell Scrolls, Nether Dust, or Gemstones.

Thank you storm8 for properly announcing this in advance.

squigglish
03-06-18, 05:56 PM
Elsa;1497667']Crafts that required materials from the original Trading feature have been retired. This will include recipes that need Spell Scrolls, Nether Dust, or Gemstones.

That is obviously true but my question is then, why wasn’t that explained in advance? All we were told was gemstones, not everything. There is an old joke, “We are on a need to know basis and you don’t need to know.” It is unfortunate, but that old joke seems to be the way Storm8 operates.

Den8137259
03-06-18, 06:04 PM
Flatfoot said it is the Gemstone-crafting that will expire.

But Lotus Dragon is a flower, not a gemstone dragon ★

Hi everyone! In an effort to improve Dragon Story and implement something new (I think everyone will greatly enjoy), we will be removing the gemstone type dragon crafts from the Spell Shop. You still have until March 6th to finish crafting any you've been working towards. The ability to gain new gemstone from the Trade Portal will end February 20th.

After that date any gemstone parts you have will remain in your storage but become hidden to clean up the visual appearance. DO NOT WORRY, the gemstone dragons are not going away, you'll just get them in a different manner.

You can usually tell when I'm working on something big when I disapear for a while. So a big thanks to our Moderator and CS teams, and a big thanks to all of you for keeping this community running!

Lotus Dragon wasn't mentioned above ★

For clarity, S8 should rename the old post title to CRAFTING OF OLD DRAGS TO EXPIRE and restore Lotus Dragon for a a month before it poofs ★ thank you ★

[S8] Elsa
03-06-18, 06:20 PM
Flatfoot said it is the Gemstone-crafting that will expire.

But Lotus Dragon is a flower, not a gemstone dragon ★

I apologize for the lack of advanced notice. Implementing the feature required us to change a lot of aspects of the game in different stages. Part of the recipe for Lotus Dragon is that it uses materials from the old trading system such as Nether Dust and Spell Scrolls. The Lotus Dragon is available in the Codex and can be crafted with Essence to be consistent with the other permanent Dragons.

Codex is a brand new feature so there will likely be updates and changes to improve upon it further in the future. Keep sharing your feedback! :)

Rfs04
03-06-18, 07:51 PM
Elsa;1497719']I apologize for the lack of advanced notice. Implementing the feature )required us to change a lot of aspects of the game in different stages. Part of the recipe for Lotus Dragon is that it uses materials from the old trading system such as Nether Dust and Spell Scrolls. The Lotus Dragon is available in the Codex and can be crafted with Essence to be consistent with the other permanent Dragons.

Codex is a brand new feature so there will likely be updates and changes to improve upon it further in the future. Keep sharing your feedback! :)

I can understand the need for rolling things in, in stages. But S8 knew long before it happened what these stages would be. There's no excuse for lack of advanced notice...no excuse at all. And there was absolutely NO notice in the game itself! NONE.

Your apology is inadequate. As many others have asked, bring back the Lotus dragon. Since we were still able to craft dragons with gems and Lotus with the codex in place, your removal was rather arbitrary and probably done because it just doesn't mesh well with your new toy, the codex with its marathon wait times. The old method to get Lotus was definitely easier, hence the desire by players to use it 1 last time.

S8 could, if they wanted to be nice, accommodate that request.

[S8] Elsa
03-07-18, 03:04 PM
Lotus Dragon has been readded to the game for a limited time and the recipe has been modified to only require Lotus Blossoms. Please be sure to craft it before it expires on April 20th!

You will still be able to earn Lotus Dragon through the Codex after this date.

Sugarcat5
03-07-18, 08:49 PM

Then why are we still being asked to craft things like nether dust in bingo?

squigglish
03-07-18, 09:57 PM
Elsa;1497899']Lotus Dragon has been readded to the game for a limited time and the recipe has been modified to only require Lotus Blossoms. Please be sure to craft it before it expires on April 20th!

You will still be able to earn Lotus Dragon through the Codex after this date.

Thank you Elsa, your help is appreciated

Calikid2
03-08-18, 05:11 PM
Why is nether dust still in the Bingo game?

kooky panda
03-09-18, 09:45 AM
Why is nether dust still in the Bingo game?
This is being worked on.
See this thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103471-BINGO-Challenges)