PDA

View Full Version : COLOSSEUM: Yukon Wolf - 2018 Mar 2

Rynetory2
03-02-18, 09:07 AM
Yukon Wolf - new creature
More information on Yukon Wolf (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1496960&viewfull=1#post1496960) in Creatures Guide.

Refer to Battle Chart (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463666&viewfull=1#post1463666) in Main Guide if you need help.

Starting this thread for you to discuss on this animal and the battles in the Colosseum.

For players new to the Colosseum, see Chapter Colosseum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463669&viewfull=1#post1463669) for more information.

Android version 1.8.0.1g

Yukon Wolf
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42587
Element: Traveler, Earth
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

Wandering Wolf
Earn 50 Yukon Whistles for 400 Wandering Kites

Hatching time: 8 Hours
Evolution time: 8 Hours
Feed schedule: D

Egg:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42641

Best Regards.

Sakrysta
03-02-18, 12:58 PM
The cycles run right up against one another, so they probably did it so you'll be ready to start the new one as soon as it starts.

And we have a new goal! The Yukon Wolf!

And a new element! Which is a globe that resembles the Earth, and will probably cause a lot of confusion since we already have an Earth element. *sigh* I hate to say it, but I wonder if we ought to rename the current Earth element to Rock or Stone. :confused:

Alohatami
03-02-18, 01:12 PM
So, in order to win the wolf, we have to win 335 battles in a row? 😂😂 I'm doomed before I begin, because I won't be dropping gems on this one.

Sakrysta
03-02-18, 01:31 PM
No, you don't have to win the battles all in a row. The instructions are confusing. You get tokens for every battle you win. However, if you win battles in a row, you get bonus tokens, which help you toward the goal. It's still REALLY HARD to win the animal, but you don't reset to zero every time you lose a battle.

Alohatami
03-02-18, 03:06 PM
Thank you for clarifying that, Sakrysta. A small chance is better than no chance. 😊

Destiel0918
03-02-18, 03:09 PM
Thank you for clarifying that, Sakrysta. A small chance is better than no chance. ��

Also by keeping up a streak ( which is almost impossible to do over 6 wins) itr slightly lessens the time between the battles. After streak 40 ( which is impossible without gems - time between battles is 30 minutes and you would get 3 tokens per battle ( this is the max bonus you are able to have - ofc it is impossible without gems..) Average max streak is like 6....normally 1-2 - then fail.

Sakrysta
03-02-18, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I forgot about the time bonus because I never take advantage of it. I'm doing good just to come back every hour to replant. Having the time period shorter does nothing for me.

BBHome20
03-03-18, 10:53 AM
I can't get past #1- earth/nature

Sugarcat5
03-03-18, 11:19 AM
I used Alice ...lightning attack to beat the first animal. Lightning must be strong against the new element.

Funner52
03-03-18, 12:31 PM
I know how to battle-I get "strong Attack" almost each time. But I never seem to win with a strong attack. Apparently u need critical to defeat something. Tried what....3 times? Every time was "strong" pfft

nativeelfstar
03-03-18, 01:27 PM
I know how to battle-I get "strong Attack" almost each time. But I never seem to win with a strong attack. Apparently u need critical to defeat something. Tried what....3 times? Every time was "strong" pfft

I am in the same boat with getting? strong attacks? but rarely any wins. The only reason I try is to get the rewards but I am about to give up because this is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. They are not fun when they make it nearly impossible. It makes it annoying. I do not feel I even achieve anything when I do win because you have to go through it all over again. I will not spend gems on it either.

PookieBearsGirl
03-03-18, 05:05 PM
I hate these. Since the first one. It's ridiculous and the best I did this past month was 180 something. And I really tried!

Dear S8,
Stop trying to make the Colosseum happen, you're not going to make the Colosseum happen.

Sincerely,
98% of the players that have it.

Luckylady00
03-04-18, 05:42 AM
I do not know what this is. I do no have this available, should I? Is this a tournement?

Alohatami
03-04-18, 10:18 AM
OMG. I finally got a streak of 2! 😂 I'm sure it will be gone by the next round.

sharyl32
03-04-18, 01:50 PM
OMG. I finally got a streak of 2! �� I'm sure it will be gone by the next round.

I agree. lol I am on Onyx Ox and trying to figure it out. When I get to 2 streaks I always lose the 3rd.

Penguin2016
03-04-18, 04:42 PM
OMG. I finally got a streak of 2! 😂 I'm sure it will be gone by the next round.

Amazing!! That?s better than I?ve done so far! I literally have one total point currently 😂

heyyou0123
03-04-18, 05:40 PM
I thought trick one give 1 extra points bonus, and trick 2 give 2 extra, similar like that. Trick 4 give 4 trick 8 give 8 but now all round give same amount bonus event trick 3-6 it aly give 2 extra.. not like before, not fun anymore but getting tired

Rynetory2
03-04-18, 08:58 PM
I thought trick one give 1 extra points bonus, and trick 2 give 2 extra, similar like that. Trick 4 give 4 trick 8 give 8 but now all round give same amount bonus event trick 3-6 it aly give 2 extra.. not like before, not fun anymore but getting tired

Maybe it's a misunderstanding... The rewards for the streaks have been the same since the beginning. Streak 5 will give you 1 extra bonus, etc, see Chapter Colosseum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463669&viewfull=1#post1463669) for more information.

happyhoppa
03-05-18, 12:05 PM
Alice 15 ( water, electric ) worked for me against Yukon 14.

Luckylady00
03-05-18, 09:25 PM
Can someone tell me what this is? I do not have a colosseum? Is there something I am missing?

Rynetory2
03-05-18, 11:08 PM
Can someone tell me what this is? I do not have a colosseum? Is there something I am missing?

I'm sorry that you dont have this at the moment. Storm8 is rolling this out to everyone gradually. You may want to check if you are using the latest game version on the Playstore, e.g. Android version 1.8.0.1g, and see if you have it. And if not, I hope you will get this very soon.

The Colosseum is like our tournaments and battlegrounds, you get a win the prize animal at the end of many series of successful battles, 335 items. You get streaks to help you to get more items, see Chapter Colosseum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463669&viewfull=1#post1463669) for more information.

jmatarii
03-07-18, 01:59 AM
Yukon Wolf Traveler/Earth

Hatching time: 8 Hours
Evolution time: 8 Hours
Feed schedule: D

Egg:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42641

Best Regards.

Alohatami
03-07-18, 03:10 PM
Does the colosseum give out anything other than coins, and the item needed for the animal of the month?

Destiel0918
03-07-18, 04:39 PM
Does the colosseum give out anything other than coins, and the item needed for the animal of the month?

Not so far. All tournaments so far have been the same - for bonuses. Just coins and grand prize.

Alohatami
03-08-18, 01:43 AM
Not so far. All tournaments so far have been the same - for bonuses. Just coins and grand prize.
Bummer. I've only battled a dozen times or so, and I'm already very underwhelmed. With the final prize being so difficult to obtain, and the only other reward being (useless) coins, I don't really have any motivation to keep trying. Too bad it couldn't be more like the battlegrounds.

sharyl32
03-09-18, 08:48 AM
Can anyone say what they used to beat Yukon Wolf. Enjoy your day.on 14? much appreciated and Thanks

sharyl32
03-09-18, 06:30 PM
Alice 15 ( water, electric ) worked for me against Yukon 14.

I don't Alice 15 anything else work?

Destiel0918
03-09-18, 06:36 PM
I don't Alice 15 anything else work?

I would try Zodiac or Valentine. I can't confirm them yet - but they SHOULD work. Worth trying.

CaRee215
03-09-18, 09:36 PM
How do I get the colosseum. I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled n got brand new phone and started over again... Lol still don't have it. I wanna actually see what everyone has been complaining about.....

Destiel0918
03-09-18, 11:49 PM
How do I get the colosseum. I've updated, uninstalled, reinstalled n got brand new phone and started over again... Lol still don't have it. I wanna actually see what everyone has been complaining about.....

I guess you are on android- it is not available to all android platforms yet. There is nothing you can do - just wait. Honestly - don't worry too much...Almost everyone hates Colosseum as it is mostly impossible gem trap.

Callyvitale19
03-10-18, 08:27 AM
In the beginning I completely ignored the collesium because I felt 335 rounds were just overwhelming but last month I played because I wanted the pts for I think it was Muliet. I did manage to play 125R. This month I started much earlier because I want the pts for wind wander, I am on R212 so I actually may not only get pts for wind wander but I may get the Yukon wolf as well. I do use gems, 6 at a time when I get a lucky streak but once I fail I wait the hr and try later. I would rather use my gems on the collesium than on the LB.

NannaSherry
03-10-18, 02:03 PM
Can anyone say what they used to beat Yukon Wolf. Enjoy your day.on 14? much appreciated and Thanks

Well I beat it with a gem 💎 my Quartz Quoetzlcoatl. But it was only a crictical. So I can't confirm if legendary works or not.
How about the concussive canary? Anyone got something conclusive versus bomb?

gramland
03-10-18, 02:41 PM
Well I beat it with a gem 💎 my Quartz Quoetzlcoatl. But it was only a crictical. So I can't confirm if legendary works or not.
How about the concussive canary? Anyone got something conclusive versus bomb?

I beat the canary with Valentine/Heart Hound. One hit with Valentine.

NannaSherry
03-10-18, 02:59 PM
I beat the canary with Valentine/Heart Hound. One hit with Valentine.

Thanks gramland. Gonna try it now. Thumbs up.

NannaSherry
03-10-18, 03:04 PM
No, Hearthound did not work for me. Neutral. So back to trial and error.

sharyl32
03-10-18, 04:36 PM
I finally beat the Yukon Wolf with Heart Hound valentine x3.

Destiel0918
03-11-18, 02:07 AM
No, Hearthound did not work for me. Neutral. So back to trial and error.

Hmm, valentine is definitely NOT neutral against Yukon Wolf- It is strong - tested it at least 4 times...

NannaSherry
03-11-18, 07:30 AM
Hmm, valentine is definitely NOT neutral against Yukon Wolf- It is strong - tested it at least 4 times...

The thread was criss crossing. I was asking for help with BOMB element. Gramland said she beat canary (bomb) with heart hound. We weren't talking about Yukon dog which is not a bomb element. Sorry for your confusion

Callyvitale19
03-13-18, 11:27 AM
With 335 rounds there are a lot of repeat animals to battle and I've noticed that what may beat them doesn't always work a 2nd or 3rd time. I've also noticed that the common animals can be sometimes more difficult to beat than a super rare with the same elements. This will hopefully be my 1st collesium I'll win. I stayed away from them because 335 rounds were too many but when they started getting pts towards other animals i started playing. I'm on round 301 and with 18 days left I hope I can get the Yukon Wolf because I do need the 1200 kites for Wind Wanderer so I'll keep trying.

Callyvitale19
03-14-18, 04:52 PM
This is definitely getting harder. In the beginning i was getting 4, 5 & 6 in a row with no problem and now that I'm getting up there I'm lucky if I get one after 5 or 6 tries. I wonder if a month is long enough for 335 rounds.

G4OU812
03-14-18, 05:29 PM
I've really never tried this event for more than a few rounds. With the amount of opponents and days, it seems like one would need a good variety of animals to compete in this. I'm a fairly low-level player who doesn't have any Crystal element animals and for some reason, I feel like I would be wasting my time trying an uphill battle.

Am I wrong with my assessment?

Callyvitale19
03-14-18, 05:53 PM
I've really never tried this event for more than a few rounds. With the amount of opponents and days, it seems like one would need a good variety of animals to compete in this. I'm a fairly low-level player who doesn't have any Crystal element animals and for some reason, I feel like I would be wasting my time trying an uphill battle.

Am I wrong with my assessment?when the collesium 1st came out I felt the same as you. I did a few just to see and then I thought it as a practice experience for doing tournaments. Last month they started giving pts towards getting animals so I played over 125 rds and found it was easier than I thought. This month I've been playing to get kites for Wind Wanderer and am at a point where I may actually win the Yukon Wolf. Go for it, you have nothing to loose if you don't use gems and it may be fun. Good luck whatever you decide.

G4OU812
03-14-18, 09:55 PM
when the collesium 1st came out I felt the same as you. I did a few just to see and then I thought it as a practice experience for doing tournaments. Last month they started giving pts towards getting animals so I played over 125 rds and found it was easier than I thought. This month I've been playing to get kites for Wind Wanderer and am at a point where I may actually win the Yukon Wolf. Go for it, you have nothing to loose if you don't use gems and it may be fun. Good luck whatever you decide.

Thank you for your advice! I had a line of thinking that if I can complete the 30 to 48 round tournaments, what were my chances with such a month-long one? I'll play around with this one and if I'm good enough with what I have, I'll go for the gusto for the next one.

Callyvitale19
03-15-18, 09:36 AM
I did it. This is my 1st collesium, there were a lot of times I thought I wouldn't be able to get it done but I had some lucky streaks as well. Next time I won't be so intimidated by the amount of rounds. Good luck anyone going after it.

AppieP
03-15-18, 11:54 AM
I did it. This is my 1st collesium, there were a lot of times I thought I wouldn't be able to get it done but I had some lucky streaks as well. Next time I won't be so intimidated by the amount of rounds. Good luck anyone going after it.

Congrats with your succes. I'm not even close. Only a little 100 so far.

Callyvitale19
03-15-18, 12:18 PM
Congrats with your succes. I'm not even close. Only a little 100 so far.thanks. I think you still have a couple of weeks so you may do it and you get kites towards Wind Wanderer which is the reason I started. Wishing you the best of luck.

Latoyab211
03-23-18, 09:50 AM

Thanks for asking this question. I don't have it either. I play on an Android & Verizon devices.

Callyvitale19
03-25-18, 10:41 AM
Thanks for asking this question. I don't have it either. I play on an Android & Verizon devices.on a different thread about "additional nests" someone had posted that they went into play store looking for an extra nest and downloaded a different version of fantasy forest and when she opened it she found the colosseum along with the ability to purchase another nest. This is what she posted:

When I started playing Fantasy Forest; I installed the Magic Masters edition. Earlier today I installed a different version (True Love) hoping for the COLISEUM. I just found the extra NEST for 250 gems. So there was a third version( Land Before Dragons) with a yellow horse type animal icon. Now I have the COLISEUM & the extra NEST options! Plus, I can REBREED & watch ads for extra items. Even though I did the updates, my initial version just didn't have the extras. I hope this helps someone. Bout to buy my extra nest & fight first coliseum round. GLA

Last edited by Latoyab211; Yesterday at*02:44 AM.

Latoyab211

I hope this helps you and anyone else that doesn't have the colosseum yet. It may be just a different version of fantasy forest, I think there is 3 versions available in play store.

poofyena
03-26-18, 04:08 AM
Is anyone having issues with the colosseum task for kites? I?ve only collected 36 out of 90 odd, despite having a huge streak? It hasn?t budged in days yet I?ve gone from 130 to 235 whistles in the colosseum.

Rynetory2
07-30-19, 07:13 AM
Yukon Wolf - new creature
More information on Yukon Wolf (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1496960&viewfull=1#post1496960) in Creatures Guide.

Refer to Battle Chart (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463666&viewfull=1#post1463666) in Main Guide if you need help.

Starting this thread for you to discuss on this animal and the battles in the Colosseum.

For players new to the Colosseum, see Chapter Colosseum (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463669&viewfull=1#post1463669) for more information.

Android version 1.8.0.1g

Yukon Wolf
Element: Traveler, Earth
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems