PDA

View Full Version : Essence Roundup (Forever Dragon) Expires March 9 2018

Sugarcat5
03-02-18, 04:06 PM
I got a popup regarding using the forever dragon to get essence from the adventure outpost. Does anyone know anything about this? I wasn't able to get a forever dragon but was curious about what this was about.

Edit KP

Elsa;1496893']Just like a normal Adventure. You tap on the button to select the Dragon (the Dragon must be available and can't be in breeding/evolving status), select the Dragon and start the Adventure.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXbxgONVMAApeA3?format=jpg

[S8] Elsa
03-02-18, 04:24 PM
It's a limited time Adventure using the Forever Dragon that you can do for Essence. It expires on March 9th, 10am Pacific time.

GinettaZ
03-02-18, 05:06 PM
And how do you do it? How do you start it? My forever is in evolve for 36 more hours... so after that what do I do?

[S8] Elsa
03-02-18, 05:09 PM
And how do you do it? How do you start it? My forever is in evolve for 36 more hours... so after that what do I do?

Just like a normal Adventure. You tap on the button to select the Dragon (the Dragon must be available and can't be in breeding/evolving status), select the Dragon and start the Adventure.

random59
03-02-18, 05:49 PM
What a waste of time, lol, send a dragon out for 24 hours for it 2 return with 2 essence!

chloesisland
03-02-18, 07:08 PM
What a waste of time, lol, send a dragon out for 24 hours for it 2 return with 2 essence!

Do we know how may essence we will receive for this quest? has anyone tried this yet?

Den8137259
03-02-18, 07:19 PM
Only 2 essences after all the 24 hour quest? Wow this is so random lol ★

chloesisland
03-02-18, 08:39 PM
Only 2 essences after all the 24 hour quest? Wow this is so random lol ★
Two essence for 24 hours. How ridiculous

Den8137259
03-02-18, 09:13 PM
Please do not lose your precious Au by accidentally tapping it for 2 essences lol ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXVgQZmVQAIj-Qx?format=jpg

squigglish
03-02-18, 11:02 PM
Elsa;1496893']Just like a normal Adventure. You tap on the button to select the Dragon (the Dragon must be available and can't be in breeding/evolving status), select the Dragon and start the Adventure.

First, there is no such thing as a normal adventure, there are quests. Second, to use a quest and tie up the quest tool for 2 essence would be self defeating as you then could not send other dragons on quests for more immediately useful rewards. Third, if you did decide it was worth it anyway, it would interfere with some players bingo goals, making those tasks more difficult. While there may be some who think that is worthwhile, it seems to me that there are most likely more worthwhile projects for the development team to pursue.

CranberryMil
03-02-18, 11:16 PM
Two essence for 24 hours. How ridiculous

Is like trading a Common dragon :/, but using a ultra rare Dragon that only can be get it by wining events for a whole month .

So its limited and only to tiny fraction of players

not cool

ALSO "Gemstones in the sky" is still active! it gives you gemstones OR escences?

Florr06
03-03-18, 04:25 AM
Please do not lose your precious Au by accidentally tapping it for 2 essences lol ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXVgQZmVQAIj-Qx?format=jpg

Wow Yikes!!

summersalt
03-03-18, 09:47 AM
Is like trading a Common dragon :/, but using a ultra rare Dragon that only can be get it by wining events for a whole month .

So its limited and only to tiny fraction of players

not cool

ALSO "Gemstones in the sky" is still active! it gives you gemstones OR escences?

Right. People complaining but most average players can't even do it because it requires a dragon that cannot possibly be obtained without having spent gold by now ..And I've done all the events and my fair share of boosting. I would do the quest if I could. Certainly more useful than 1 map, 100 coins or a now worthless gemstone. Just saying... We find anything to complain about. I mean what you gonna do with that dragon anyways for 24 hours...watch it bop about? I'd take 2 essence ...smh

AwesomeChefDad
03-03-18, 04:43 PM
This goofy event goes to show those programming the games are not playing the games. It makes the people in charge come off as clueless.

24 hrs in its own right is pathetic and then for TWO essence???

Maybe when we are 90 we can get a diamond dragon at these awesome figures.

Den8137259
03-03-18, 06:29 PM
You get exactly 2 essences from this roundup; never more or less (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXaEHziVMAUPZEv?format=jpg

AnnirasSweets
03-03-18, 06:42 PM
I didn't read the pop up thoroughly and sent Forever off on the quest before realizing it was only for 2 Essences. But after thinking about it, I've decided I'll keep on until it expires. Sure, it would've been nice if it were for more Essence but it's extra in the bank so that's not a huge downside for me.

While I'm all for more ways for us to collect Essence, and think this is a good idea; I do agree that it would've been better if instead of the Forever, they had used a dragon that all players have, for equality's sake if nothing else. Why have a limited time quest that only a portion of players can utilize? Seems odd to me. And as for that, why is there a time limit on this? Are they going to replace this quest with another essence quest using a different dragon? Or is this like a trial run? :confused:

Ahsan2004
03-03-18, 06:47 PM
Actually, although the majority of people think this is a bad thing, it really isn't entirely. It can already be fairly difficult to get essences, and getting two without having to give up any dragons (or if your like me, wait for dupes from breeding) isn't that bad of an offer. If only this quest was permanent, I would see it as a bad deal, too.

Den8137259
03-03-18, 07:40 PM
I would need the outpost for bingo tasks, and it sucks if one is stuck or trapped in a 24-hour Essence hunting that you can't escape from - well Au can bail you out but you need plenty of it ★

24-hour is too Long for 2 essences ★ tbh ★

Den8137259
03-04-18, 02:26 AM
Here's the upfront note on getting 2 essences for this job (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXbxgONVMAApeA3?format=jpg

summersalt
03-04-18, 07:21 AM
Actually, although the majority of people think this is a bad thing, it really isn't entirely. It can already be fairly difficult to get essences, and getting two without having to give up any dragons (or if your like me, wait for dupes from breeding) isn't that bad of an offer. If only this quest was permanent, I would see it as a bad deal, too.

Yeah. I think it's cool but of course im in the majority that cant utilize it. Can i borrow someone's dragon. I'm sitting here with 17 hour gemstone quest. For worthless gems. Hoping i might get two white stone to craft pearl dragon. In next 2 days. Talk about a waste of time. To be honest the developers should have spent a little less time on an unfair quest and a little more time on replacing the gemstone quest with something permanent that everyone can utilize. Or I dont know ... figuring out what we do with the decorations that require gems. Or removing the quests from bingo that require gems.. get the guy who developed this little beauty to work on those. He's efficient and must have some spare time.. just saying.

cat_chick10
03-04-18, 10:40 AM
2 essence is better than nothing, so I will do definitely be doing it. However if this becomes a permanent thing, I think it should be with a breedable dragon that everyone can get, like Fairy for the gemstone quest.

random59
03-04-18, 10:57 AM
Yes okay, some of you may like it but it is selective to those who managed to get the dragon and in my mind that is not cool!

cat_chick10
03-04-18, 01:19 PM
Yes okay, some of you may like it but it is selective to those who managed to get the dragon and in my mind that is not cool!

I agree. The premise is cool but it should be with a dragon that doesn?t expire and is easier to obtain.

squigglish
03-04-18, 01:33 PM
I agree. The premise is cool but it should be with a dragon that doesn?t expire and is easier to obtain.
Yes, I have no problem with the premise either. I just think that it is like too many of the offerings here in that it is not really thought out well or properly tested before it is introduced.

FireballFarm
03-04-18, 02:20 PM
Yes, I have no problem with the premise either. I just think that it is like too many of the offerings here in that it is not really thought out well or properly tested before it is introduced.

Yep, I agree.

Casual and low level players are the ones who might need this extra help collecting Essence. The players who did get the Forever Dragon are the ones who finish (or come close to finishing) every single event. Those hardcore players already have a line of super and ultra rares ready to trade, so they are unlikely to mess around with a quest that gives a measly 2 Essence for 24 hours time.

I wish the developers would play the game. Stuff like this makes it obvious that they don't.
(or, it's one of those situations where management dictates everything, despite knowing nothing about the game or the needs and wants of the players. Typical corporate []Ugh).

squigglish
03-04-18, 05:02 PM
Yep, I agree.

Casual and low level players are the ones who might need this extra help collecting Essence. The players who did get the Forever Dragon are the ones who finish (or come close to finishing) every single event. Those hardcore players already have a line of super and ultra rares ready to trade, so they are unlikely to mess around with a quest that gives a measly 2 Essence for 24 hours time.

I wish the developers would play the game. Stuff like this makes it obvious that they don't.
(or, it's one of those situations where management dictates everything, despite knowing nothing about the game or the needs and wants of the players. Typical corporate [] Ugh).

I don’t think that developers not playing the game is an issue. I think they are under constant pressure to come up with new things. That does not allow them to properly vet the new features before they are implemented and that causes much of the problems that players encounter. DS is always a beta program and we do the testing. That would also explain why it always seems to take forever for known problems to be fixed if the developers have to use their time and energy on the next big thing. Still, I enjoy playing the game and the fact that I was not able to get the needed dragon to send for essence really does not bother me.

sophiensissi
03-04-18, 06:27 PM
The easiest way to get essence is to trade duplicate dragons. Level them to 4 and trade them. I think common ones give 10essence and I got 100 for a diamond trade.

delimiah
03-04-18, 09:44 PM
U can easily get 2 essences by trading 2 fire dragons that cost close to nothing. Doesn't anybody else think that time is money?! Why waste 24hrs just to get 2 essences when u can use that time to send out magic dragon to collect food which is much more useful. And btw, can somebody tell me what are these essences used for anyway?

delimiah
03-04-18, 11:01 PM
Ok so edit my post earlier! I've just updated my game and now realize what's the essences are for and now trading my fire dragon takes 16 hrs. Not cool really.

squigglish
03-05-18, 12:30 AM
The easiest way to get essence is to trade duplicate dragons. Level them to 4 and trade them. I think common ones give 10essence and I got 100 for a diamond trade.

Most common get 2 essence, single color such as fire, air get 1, rare get 10, super rare gets 40 and ultra rare get 100.

sophiensissi
03-05-18, 12:25 PM
U can easily get 2 essences by trading 2 fire dragons that cost close to nothing. Doesn't anybody else think that time is money?! Why waste 24hrs just to get 2 essences when u can use that time to send out magic dragon to collect food which is much more useful. And btw, can somebody tell me what are these essences used for anyway?

You need to update the game and you will then be able to trade them for dragons.

summersalt
03-06-18, 09:12 AM
Ok so edit my post earlier! I've just updated my game and now realize what's the essences are for and now trading my fire dragon takes 16 hrs. Not cool really.

Lol! Yeah two essence dosent sound so bad now eh? Lol

CranberryMil
03-06-18, 10:19 PM
Lol! Yeah two essence dosent sound so bad now eh? Lol

Only if you are nv 200, 24h is not do the Harvest quest 4 times.

i prefer the food than 2 escence

DragonsL60
02-08-19, 03:04 AM
Elsa;1496884']It's a limited time Adventure using the Forever Dragon that you can do for Essence. It expires on March 9th, 10am Pacific time.

My question is when u TRADE for essence you loose your dragon. Do you also loose your dragon if you use QUEST Essence Roundup?

Phoenix406
02-08-19, 09:17 AM
My question is when u TRADE for essence you loose your dragon. Do you also loose your dragon if you use QUEST Essence Roundup?

No, your dragon comes back, just like with every other quest.

pod5124cra
02-08-19, 12:38 PM
Why can they not put it as another project instead of quest. They have done nothing with the artic isles so why not utilize that for us to get essence and gold put the artic isles to use. But the essence and gold has to be available for both islands.

glenngenius
02-09-19, 06:43 PM
Elsa;1496884']It's a limited time Adventure using the Forever Dragon that you can do for Essence. It expires on March 9th, 10am Pacific time.

Hi, Elsa.

I thought this event is until March 9th? I can't find the quest anymore on my outpost. Please advise. Thank you.

skyharbor602
02-09-19, 08:09 PM
Hi, Elsa.

I thought this event is until March 9th? I can't find the quest anymore on my outpost. Please advise. Thank you.

The quest was for March 2018.

glenngenius
02-11-19, 04:03 AM
The quest was for March 2018.

Oh, shoot. I didn't notice the year. (-_-) Anyway, thanks Skyharbor.

kooky panda
02-11-19, 11:48 AM
Closing this older thread to prevent any confusion.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49028&d=1544213025&thumb=1 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49028&d=1544213025)