PDA

View Full Version : Worldly New Animals and More in March!

MannersMouse
03-02-18, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are doing well! March is here, so I'm posting to give you some info on the new stuff coming to the Forest this month.

What should you be on the lookout for? A bunch of new animals! The new Traveler type! And two new grand prize animals to add to your Forest: the Wind Wanderer and Trail Traveler.

Wind Wanderer: Starting on 3/2 and throughout March you can get Wandering Kites from participating in events, tournaments, battling in the Colosseum, and obtaining the Seeker's Weathervane decoration. Get enough Wandering Kites and you will bring the Wind Wanderer to your Forest!

42561 42562

Trail Traveler: Starting on 3/2 and throughout March you can get Walking Sticks from completing goals by hatching specific limited time animals, breeding all animals, wheel spins, and obtaining the Traveler's Tent decoration. Get enough Walking Sticks and you will bring the Trail Traveler to your Forest!

42563 42564

Event Prizes
Wind Wanderer (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1496955&viewfull=1#post1496955)
Trail Traveler (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1496954&viewfull=1#post1496954)

Event Boosts
Seeker's Weathervane - collect 72 Wandering Kites / 8 hrs until March 30 (450 gems)
Traveler's Tent - collect 72 Walking Sticks / 8 hrs until March 30 (450 gems)

Hope you all have a great month and thank you for playing!

honoroll321
03-02-18, 02:53 PM
Well it looks like the pieces that give you sticks and kites just increased...expensive expensive expensive I don't know if I can get these

AppieP
03-02-18, 03:02 PM
Like the designs of the both animals, but for some reason I think the Wind Wanderer looks a lot like Pearl Peryton imo.
Really love the Trail Traveler, but like al the past few month I NEVER made it to the bottom animal only the first.
Because I never have luck with breeding especially limited ones:(

Destiel0918
03-02-18, 03:13 PM
Like the designs of the both animals, but for some reason I think the Wind Wanderer looks a lot like Pearl Peryton imo.
Really love the Trail Traveler, but like al the past few month I NEVER made it to the bottom animal only the first.
Because I never have luck with breeding especially limited ones:(

I don't think anyone has luck with those limited time animals....they are almost impossible to breed.

Penguin2016
03-10-18, 11:30 AM
Tasty Travels event...just another useless event. 60 spell melons in 4 days? If we are supposed to spend all our time chasing 5 hour food harvests, the least you could do is make it one that gives the maximum food per 5 hour plant. I never finish the 60 spell melon quests and it has been about 4 months since I have been able to breed one of the necessary animals. I am fed up.

Actually, it’s not so bad, though I only do this one when I think I have a legitimate chance of winning the animal. Harvest three sets a day (when you wake up, early afternoon, and then evening - depending on your schedule, you might even be able to harvest a fourth set) and you’ll be fine. I do wish we could choose the spell melons OR nexus nuts though, because it is annoying to lose out in food to complete the goal.

Penguin2016
03-10-18, 11:31 AM
Thought the new lower amount would be easier but still with 2 nests and keeping everything full all the time still short to even make community prizes and not even close to anything else.

If if you are unable to breed the animal, which is nearly impossible, then you can’t get anything.

I won’t do another community event until it’s fixed. Complete waste of time.

Yup. I tried for the gecko because I loved its design and was able to get it, but I wouldn’t have even tried for the community prizes otherwise.

dala12
03-11-18, 10:57 PM
I never going to get them either. I do not understand, normally I finished easily but since a year ago I never do and it’s not that I do not try. I play everyday! It’s hard to stay and be happy about the game.

carolineannlv
03-12-18, 06:07 AM
I'm mostly hoping for the Wind Wanderer, the other is really cute but I've only a little hope in getting WW this month. I've had no breeding luck wahtsoever, I suppose my good run of the last couple months is behind me now. Oh well.
Here's to hoping I can complete enough to get the horse.

Callyvitale19
03-13-18, 11:18 AM
I really would like to get both the Wind Wanderer and the Trail Traveler. I've been working on all the events trying for kites and walking sticks. I need the Yukon Wolf for 1200 pts and I also need the Irish Setter for 1250 pts. I doubt that's all I will need. However, with 25 days left I'm sure we all have a good chance to get one or both. Good luck all

Penguin2016
03-13-18, 12:01 PM
I’m at 44% for the trail traveler and 37% for the wind wanderer currently, first time ever that I’ve been closer on the breeding animal than the event animal. Usually the event animal is way easier for me than the breeding animal (as I’m sure it is for everyone else), but since I got the gecko I’m hopeful that I can actually get it.

As a side note, I’m glad we get a dog and a Pegasus this month instead of the standard horse/cat.

Callyvitale19
03-13-18, 12:16 PM
I’m at 44% for the trail traveler and 37% for the wind wanderer currently, first time ever that I’ve been closer on the breeding animal than the event animal. Usually the event animal is way easier for me than the breeding animal (as I’m sure it is for everyone else), but since I got the gecko I’m hopeful that I can actually get it.

As a side note, I’m glad we get a dog and a Pegasus this month instead of the standard horse/cat.with the new tournament we can earn more kites towards wind wanderer. I think they are both possible.

Penguin2016
03-13-18, 12:57 PM
Has anyone noticed how few animals are available with the new elements this month? Last week it was only the top prize, and this week it?s just the top two prizes. Even the tournament animals have not had the world element.

Destiel0918
03-13-18, 01:44 PM
Has anyone noticed how few animals are available with the new elements this month? Last week it was only the top prize, and this week it?s just the top two prizes. Even the tournament animals have not had the world element.

I've also noticed it. Not sure if I like it. Few times we got bit too many - or more accurately just one habitat to hold them, this time , it seems not all will even be able to fill the one habitat.

Callyvitale19
03-13-18, 01:52 PM
Has anyone noticed how few animals are available with the new elements this month? Last week it was only the top prize, and this week it?s just the top two prizes. Even the tournament animals have not had the world element.there are 6 of them: trail traveler, wind wanderer, Yukon Wolf, Italian greyhound, shamrock steed and Irish setter.

Penguin2016
03-14-18, 01:21 PM
there are 6 of them: trail traveler, wind wanderer, Yukon Wolf, Italian greyhound, shamrock steed and Irish setter.

Well, yes. I agree with you both. I think I’ll be able to fill the habitat, between storybook animals and the two for the month. It’s annoying to have the empty habitat sitting there though! And: Trail Traveler is impossible without a lot of luck (and of course so is the Italian Greyhound). Yukon Wolf is pretty much straight impossible. And only 10% of players get the shamrock steed.

Sakrysta
03-14-18, 01:37 PM
Yep. So far I'm on track to get the Irish Setter for sure, and the Shamrock Steed if I'm lucky. I'm not counting on breeding the Italian Greyhound based on my near lack of success ever since Storm8 completely jacked up the breeding odds. It must be making them money, or they'd have switched it back by now. :(

I've only once with my three accounts gotten one of the monthly goal animals. That's because I don't throw gems at multiple speed breeds and/or tournament rounds. I save my gems for certain results - purchasing animals & habitats, or to finish a tournament or event on time if the expense isn't out of proportion to the reward. Very occasionally I will speed a breed if there's only a short amount of time left and I want to free the nest to get one more try in. But I choose those times carefully, and usually it's only a gem or two. I just can't see throwing gems away to breed wrong animals over and over again - even if it does win tokens toward the monthly goal animal/s.

Penguin2016
03-14-18, 06:54 PM
Yep. So far I'm on track to get the Irish Setter for sure, and the Shamrock Steed if I'm lucky. I'm not counting on breeding the Italian Greyhound based on my near lack of success ever since Storm8 completely jacked up the breeding odds. It must be making them money, or they'd have switched it back by now. :(

I've only once with my three accounts gotten one of the monthly goal animals. That's because I don't throw gems at multiple speed breeds and/or tournament rounds. I save my gems for certain results - purchasing animals & habitats, or to finish a tournament or event on time if the expense isn't out of proportion to the reward. Very occasionally I will speed a breed if there's only a short amount of time left and I want to free the nest to get one more try in. But I choose those times carefully, and usually it's only a gem or two. I just can't see throwing gems away to breed wrong animals over and over again - even if it does win tokens toward the monthly goal animal/s.

I’m exactly the same way with my gems. I, too, only speed breed if another animal is ready to be put on the nest, and it is rare for me to spend on tournaments also. I’m not a huge fan of the Irish setter; while I love dogs, the shamrocks on it are a little tacky. If it’ll only take a boost or two to get it, I’ll do so, because I also want the kites. The wind wanderer can be completed with just a few gems (or even none), and while I haven’t always gotten that animal, the chances are at least fair to the average player. With a little math, we can figure out exactly how many gems we’ll need to spend to win it and make an informed decision. But the trail traveler is different, because a few gems here or there can’t guarantee that you’ll win. It’s essentially a lottery/gambling, which is something I won’t even participate in in real life.

I am kind of surprised that they’d still be making money off of it based on the consensus in this forum, but perhaps we’re different than the typical player. People who don’t mind spending a ton of gems probably aren’t the ones complaining on these forums, nor are younger players who might not be spending their own money (and might actually be able to spend a substantial portion of their day in the game).

Callyvitale19
03-16-18, 12:31 PM
Thanks to getting the Giza Camel I was able to get enough walking sticks to get the Trail Traveler. Now I need to get more kites so I can get the Wind Wanderer. So happy I'm half way there. We still have a couple of weeks so it's possible. Good luck everyone.

Callyvitale19
03-20-18, 01:15 PM
Good to know that both the tourney and SB will get us kites towards the Wind Wanderer. So far I'm on chapter 4 and round 27 so I've managed a few kites but I definitely need a lot more.

I'm guessing we'll need the Ocean Ape for the SB, it's 5hrs.

Penguin2016
03-20-18, 06:23 PM
Currently at 64% for trail traveler and 57% for wind wanderer. I’m a little worried about both :(

Callyvitale19
03-21-18, 07:58 AM
Because of the SB and the tourney I was able to get enough kites to get Wind Wander, so happy. Now I can concentrate on the SB and tourney. Good luck all

littelprince0313
03-21-18, 08:01 PM
Because of the SB and the tourney I was able to get enough kites to get Wind Wander, so happy. Now I can concentrate on the SB and tourney. Good luck all

How did you already get it?!? I only missed out on about 600 kites and Im only at 60%... did you already finish the collosseun? Do you get that many kites there... cause I dont see any way to get 40% with only SB and tournament - by the way 75 kites really thats hilarious -.-

Penguin2016
03-21-18, 09:20 PM
How did you already get it?!? I only missed out on about 600 kites and Im only at 60%... did you already finish the collosseun? Do you get that many kites there... cause I dont see any way to get 40% with only SB and tournament - by the way 75 kites really thats hilarious -.-

Oh I know. 75 kites is a total joke. I’m only at 60% too. I think they made it significantly harder to get the wind wanderer than the comparable animals in previous months. Must have been because too many people were able to win it :(

miadoubled
03-23-18, 04:44 AM
Does anyone know how many kites we can get from this sb.. will it be enough to get me another 30%?

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 05:41 AM
Does anyone know how many kites we can get from this sb.. will it be enough to get me another 30%?

Have you checked Post 1 of Storybook thread? I saw them listed there, updates in progress.

miadoubled
03-23-18, 09:26 AM
Have you checked Post 1 of Storybook thread? I saw them listed there, updates in progress.

Oh good thanks! I didnt think of that

miadoubled
03-23-18, 12:08 PM
Did i see this right. We get kites for breeding now??

AppieP
03-23-18, 01:06 PM
Did i see this right. We get kites for breeding now??

Yes I just saw it too. I thought this is a mistake?
But after my breeding was done, I did received kites instead of sticks. I was shocked to see this. HOW S8???
I need Sticks, especially because I can't breed the limited creatures.

I think S8 knew it was wrong. They changed it back. Now double walking sticks instead of kites.

miadoubled
03-23-18, 03:07 PM
Yes I just saw it too. I thought this is a mistake?
But after my breeding was done, I did received kites instead of sticks. I was shocked to see this. HOW S8???
I need Sticks, especially because I can't breed the limited creatures.

I think S8 knew it was wrong. They changed it back. Now double walking sticks instead of kites.

I just noticed too, all i need is kites so im disappointed, soon as i seen it i finished a breed and it didnt give me any kites or sticks.. i wish they would make kites avail another way :(

Penguin2016
03-23-18, 03:10 PM
The kites are significantly harder to get this month. I have an actual, legitimate chance for the trail traveler/breeding animal for the first time ever, but I have no chance of getting the wind wanderer. My playing hasn?t changed, and I?ve reached the same kite milestones that I normally would each month.

Phoenix406
03-23-18, 03:56 PM
I got the Trail Traveler on both accounts today, but am afraid that I won't get the Wind Wanderer on either account. Now that I have 2 accounts, I'm perfectly happy to get an animal on only one account, but I DO want to get it on at least one. why are the kites so much harder to get this month? I'm only at 65% on one account and 68% on the other, with only a week to go. :(

Penguin2016
03-23-18, 05:00 PM
I got the Trail Traveler on both accounts today, but am afraid that I won't get the Wind Wanderer on either account. Now that I have 2 accounts, I'm perfectly happy to get an animal on only one account, but I DO want to get it on at least one. why are the kites so much harder to get this month? I'm only at 65% on one account and 68% on the other, with only a week to go. :(

Right in between both of your accounts, at 66% :( Has anyone gotten the wind wanderer? Because I honestly don’t see how we could be so far behind, even considering the forest party.

lcasta78
03-23-18, 06:13 PM
Ok first it said double kites for breeding and now sticks?? Ok now officially never buying gems again.

Rynetory2
03-23-18, 08:44 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43228

knickknaks
03-26-18, 09:16 AM
Yay! I got the Trail Traveler this morning, so happy :) there's no waaaaaay I'm going to get the Wind Wanderer, I'm only at 55% ":) but oh well! The Trail Traveler was my favorite anyways~

Even though I wasn't trying as actively for the Wind Wanderer I did notice the decreased amounts of kites- seriously S8, 75 kites for the tournament milestones is a joke. Just sayin'

AppieP
03-26-18, 09:43 AM
Yay I got the Trail Traveler too this morning. Egg on my nest. And for the other maby tomorrow or the day after. So happy I get both of the month animals. Never happen before. Good luck everyone still trying for.

15 hours hatching time btw.

Penguin2016
03-26-18, 07:13 PM
Yay I got the Trail Traveler too this morning. Egg on my nest. And for the other maby tomorrow or the day after. So happy I get both of the month animals. Never happen before. Good luck everyone still trying for.

15 hours hatching time btw.

I’m at 93% on the trail traveler but I don’t think I’m going to be able to get the tarzantalope ��
77% on the wind wanderer is less heartbreaking since I’ve accepted that there’s no chance.

Rynetory2
03-26-18, 10:41 PM
I'm opposite to you guys. I have no luck with breeding as usual, so the trail traveler is out of the window. I have a better chance to get the wind wanderer.

AppieP
03-27-18, 12:25 PM
I'm opposite to you guys. I have no luck with breeding as usual, so the trail traveler is out of the window. I have a better chance to get the wind wanderer.

Sorry to hear you probably didn't get the Trail Traveler.
I'm 760 short for the Wind Wanderer (96%). With completing the tourney or the SB I have enough for the Wanderer. I'm not afraid I didn't get it soon. But still considering if I want to hatch it.

Rynetory2
03-28-18, 07:40 AM
Thanks AppieP. It's ok, I wasn't too disappointed as I kind of expected it since I didn't do well with specific breeding so I worked hard on the Wind Wanderer. I should be able to get it through the SB but wouldn't be able to hatch it until I expand a plot.

Penguin2016
03-28-18, 07:49 PM
I just realized that my trail traveler is at 99%, and I only have 250 walking sticks to go! Looks like I’ll be getting him after all!!

Wind wanderer, though? Still at 83%. I’ve accepted that it isn’t happening.

josep0217
03-29-18, 02:43 AM
Just got both of them, happy😉😉😉

miadoubled
03-29-18, 07:25 AM
95% on the wanderer... ugh!!

AppieP
03-29-18, 10:01 AM
Just got both of them, happy������

Me too. With completing the SB I collected more than enough for the Wind Wanderer. Keep it in storage first, maby if I have the space for it, I will hatch it. But for now I will keep it in storage.

Penguin2016
03-29-18, 03:29 PM
Just got the trail traveler!

Phoenix406
03-30-18, 01:58 PM
I easily obtained the Trail Traveler on both accounts. I have no idea how I didn't get anywhere close to the Wind Wanderer on either account. I finally used some gems to speed up getting through the battles for the water buffalo, got it, hatched it, and then paid 300 gems to get the Wind Wanderer on one account. No way I'm spending gems on the other account, too, though.

Rynetory2
03-30-18, 08:00 PM
Can someone post the hatching time for Wind Wanderer? Thanks.

etchedintime
03-30-18, 09:05 PM
Why is it once a new event starts , yournot getting the items to go towards the animals from the previous event , walking sticks stopped even though it was an animal from that event , how are you expected gain these animals when they start giving new awards instead of the ones that go with the prizes , eg the traveller , finished the event and instead of walking sticks , you get the new event stuff ,

Rynetory2
03-30-18, 09:10 PM
Why is it once a new event starts , yournot getting the items to go towards the animals from the previous event , walking sticks stopped even though it was an animal from that event , how are you expected gain these animals when they start giving new awards instead of the ones that go with the prizes , eg the traveller , finished the event and instead of walking sticks , you get the new event stuff ,

I'm afraid that's the way it is, the new items drop once the new monthly event starts. I try to finish the tasks as early as possible.

Destiel0918
03-31-18, 02:31 AM
Can someone post the hatching time for Wind Wanderer? Thanks.

It was 15 hours.
Evolving takes also 15 hours.

nativeelfstar
03-31-18, 04:20 AM
I am so happy I got both of these :)

Rynetory2
03-31-18, 07:41 AM
It was 15 hours. Evolving takes also 15 hours.

Thanks for your help. Cheers.

Sakrysta
03-31-18, 05:31 PM
Why is it once a new event starts , yournot getting the items to go towards the animals from the previous event , walking sticks stopped even though it was an animal from that event , how are you expected gain these animals when they start giving new awards instead of the ones that go with the prizes , eg the traveller , finished the event and instead of walking sticks , you get the new event stuff ,They give you a week after the event is over to gaze at the animals you didn't manage to get in hopes that you will spend the money for the gems to buy them. It's gem bait, plain & simple.

Silverrain1
04-05-18, 03:31 AM
Hey everyone, been a long time since my last post (and even getting time to read the forum) so apologies if this has been asked and answered.
I?m wondering why the wild wonderer goal is still there for us to complete when you can no longer collect tokens for this event. Is it because you can now only get it by using your gems? I assumed that the days showing would be the days that you would b able to actively complete a goal then after those days, given a chance to buy.

Sakrysta
04-05-18, 05:24 AM
The monthly goal animals are always available for a week or so after the new month starts in case people want to spend gems on them. What they SHOULD do is change the goal from a percent progress to a "Buy Now" like they do at the end of the Storybook. It would make things clearer.

Rynetory2
04-05-18, 05:54 AM
Hey everyone, been a long time since my last post (and even getting time to read the forum) so apologies if this has been asked and answered.
I?m wondering why the wild wonderer goal is still there for us to complete when you can no longer collect tokens for this event. Is it because you can now only get it by using your gems? I assumed that the days showing would be the days that you would b able to actively complete a goal then after those days, given a chance to buy.

The extra days are for players to finish up existing goals/tasks and to consider if to gem through the remaining tasks.

(Merged to existing thread)

Silverrain1
04-05-18, 09:14 AM
The monthly goal animals are always available for a week or so after the new month starts in case people want to spend gems on them. What they SHOULD do is change the goal from a percent progress to a "Buy Now" like they do at the end of the Storybook. It would make things clearer.

I agree, I?ve been watching my goal percentage like a hawk in case it was me being silly and missing something!
Well, I?m pretty disappointed, thought I still had time to get this animal, obviously not. And I don?t have the gems to buy it so won?t be getting this one.