PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/01 - Going Gnome event approx 27 days | Gnome Man's Land 14 days

Pages : 1 2 [3]

idrispad
03-11-18, 03:58 AM
So, have I misunderstood the timezone converter or did the planned maintenance not start when S8 said it would start (ie an hour ago)?

Edited to add: Oh now it's gone down for maintenance... Maybe the timezone converter I looked at was off by an hour

Well, that answers the question I was about to ask! I had no idea there was maintenance due and just found I can’t get into the game

Jennerwein1
03-11-18, 04:02 AM
I think we should get some extra time to make up for the time lost in maintenance. Some of depend on early morning collections. Even on Sundays.

katbtodd
03-11-18, 04:32 AM
I think we should get some extra time to make up for the time lost in maintenance. Some of depend on early morning collections. Even on Sundays.

I don't know but since they do this twice a year ,they all ready factor time missed , but I don't know

Andro45
03-11-18, 05:09 AM
Came to see what was wrong, because my game kept crashing this morning. Glad to see it's not my device. And it's working again.

I didn't read all of this thread, but I'm happy that I didn't participate. I feel quite relaxed now and I do hope I can still play the next part.

As for the Gnomeland security: I get the goal, but because I'm not very active it expires every time. When I finish and come back to my goalbook later I'll have a new goal waiting for me with 23 hours to go.

I got a neighbor request that was 5 days old :eek:

bfsmith
03-11-18, 06:25 AM
S8...120 knights is a *bit* over the top, dontcha think!?!
Next update I'd like to see an option to create a potion to increase the critical hits of my sword. We could even use some of the items from past events to craft it .... elvenite, enchanters essence, transformation tonic, that blue stone of strength. There's plenty of great options.

At least with chopping rocks/trees you have the option of quick collecting but there's no way but tap, tap, tap when battling creatures.

Been playing for years but missed how to quick collect from rocks and trees. Can someone please enlighten me, please?

jesslc41
03-11-18, 06:40 AM
Been playing for years but missed how to quick collect from rocks and trees. Can someone please enlighten me, please?
Two screens that work with it (there may be more that I'm not aware of):
Queue up a pile of actions and then go to the neighbour screen (until it finishes loading) or go to the community event screen (if we're doing one). When you exit that screen, it will have done all the actions you had queued up and collected everything.

riverly
03-11-18, 07:24 AM
Been playing for years but missed how to quick collect from rocks and trees. Can someone please enlighten me, please?You can also do the swipe down and then swipe up.

Not to be confused with wipe on wipe off. Jk.

katbtodd
03-11-18, 08:28 AM

Tap menu then social

Steffihilson
03-11-18, 09:22 AM
You can also do the swipe down and then swipe up.

That doesn't work on every phone ;)

riverly
03-11-18, 09:44 AM
That doesn't work on every phone ;)only on the good phones.

Again just kidding. My husband has Android. So we kid each other about this all the time. I'm blaming these posts on the time change.

SanctuaryDell
03-11-18, 09:59 AM
And yet again I find myself in the midst of a special event and the realization there is no way to finish it without spending gems. If you actually work and sleep and aren?t willing to spend a small fortune on a virtual llama dressed as a gnome, there is no reason to even attempt this quest.

Same here! Started the Gnome Knight part yesterday evening and saw that 120 fights were needed! That is just ridiculous. I have enough buildings, but even with pulling out all the stops to get energy, it is still not doable without spending gems. I'll carry on collecting wood gnomes for the community event, but as for the remainder of Ivy's gnome quest....I'm done!

venatemp
03-11-18, 10:59 AM
Is anyone else having a hard time completing this event. Seems unattainable? I have two wizard schools, 3 allicorns and the sweetheart unicorn and still do not have enough energy to collect the resources needed :(

venatemp
03-11-18, 11:01 AM
Agreed :( but I did want the llama gnome. boo.

MoonVillage3
03-11-18, 12:08 PM

Two screens that work with it (there may be more that I'm not aware of):
Queue up a pile of actions and then go to the neighbour screen (until it finishes loading) or go to the community event screen (if we're doing one). When you exit that screen, it will have done all the actions you had queued up and collected everything.

You can also do the swipe down and then swipe up.

Tap menu then social

only on the good phones.
Again just kidding. My husband has Android. So we kid each other about this all the time. I'm blaming these posts on the time change.

As riverly said.. depends what device you have. I swipe up then tap screen so it goes down by itself. This hasn't been mentioned before lol!

venatemp
03-11-18, 12:19 PM
what do you mean stock piling energy?

wamboltia
03-11-18, 12:21 PM
With having a life, a wedding Ally only, and running off 40 energy, I do not see me completing this. I will get close but will fall about a day and a half shy. I’m only half way through these 120 knights. I’m only barely knocking down two bitty blades a day. There are winners and there are looser in this game, and unfortunately I will once again be on the short end of the stick.

bernadette16668
03-11-18, 12:55 PM
I may or may not finish if I hadn’t been off sick and had a weekend off I would never have finished it and I have lots of extra energy sources and buildings.

kanajunroses
03-11-18, 01:10 PM
Didn't get fixed because the reset, just happened to me twice in the last two minutes. My wrist is sore from tapping the battle strikes. That 120x20x two or three tries. It happened during the wizard battle, too. Ouch.

kanajunroses
03-11-18, 01:17 PM
I'm ready to scream because it happened three more times since I posted last.

AnnirasSweets
03-11-18, 01:21 PM
I gave in and bought the package for the pollen so I could finish up. From the beginning I've dutifully logged in every two hours for collections day and night but to be honest, I can't bear the thought of another night of interrupted sleep. I guess I've finally found my breaking point, lol. In two hours I'll have my Kanes finished and will promptly try to put this entire episode out of my mind!

karak71
03-11-18, 01:35 PM
As riverly said.. depends what device you have. I swipe up then tap screen so it goes down by itself. This hasn't been mentioned before lol!

Is this only on phones? I can't figure it out on my iPad.

DeeDeeBird70
03-11-18, 02:41 PM
Is this only on phones? I can't figure it out on my iPad.

On an iPad you can either swipe up (put your finger on the bottom edge center and drag up) from the bottom and then tap outside the screen that comes up or you can double click on the home button (the one that is on front, in my case next to the charging port) and then tap the Castle Story screen or if it goes too far, tap the icon.

ladlasse
03-11-18, 05:56 PM
The gnome wizard is only giving me coins. I'm not maxed out on all the things it gives, and I didn't get black flags.

Also...on the free gift (which I realize is a free gift and I shouldn't complain), but let me make a few observations on what I've experienced. If there is an alicorn as one of the prizes, then the video will frequently fail to load. It seems that most of the time (probably over 99%) of the time I get the mystery prize of 1000 coins or a stone block or something similar. I do try to only go for the free gift if there is an alicorn (most often) or sometimes an expansion ticket, so maybe those are much lower in probability to gain, but I don't even get the second time listed. Just the mystery prize.

riverly
03-11-18, 06:05 PM
The gnome wizard is only giving me coins. I'm not maxed out on all the things it gives, and I didn't get black flags.

Also...on the free gift (which I realize is a free gift and I shouldn't complain), but let me make a few observations on what I've experienced. If there is an alicorn as one of the prizes, then the video will frequently fail to load. It seems that most of the time (probably over 99%) of the time I get the mystery prize of 1000 coins or a stone block or something similar. I do try to only go for the free gift if there is an alicorn (most often) or sometimes an expansion ticket, so maybe those are much lower in probability to gain, but I don't even get the second time listed. Just the mystery prize.Just spin every time you get the chance. Those pictures do not mean a thing. I recently got 2 alicorns in about a two week period after spinning hundreds of time and getting 1 energy or coins.

0LIW0
03-11-18, 06:54 PM
Omg. Goal 11 is crazy! No wonder the event is so long. Fighting gnomes is not fun. 😑

cavegirl1
03-11-18, 09:52 PM
Okay. I have refrained from commenting on this event until now ... and trying to do it without planning ahead as is now my norm.

But Ivy - why, oh why did you say you think we have enough blades at the end of goal 11, when we obviously don't!?!?

Denkris111
03-11-18, 09:54 PM
Finally finished! Had to expand my garden area for all these cute new items :)

eam13
03-12-18, 06:18 AM
While I’m super bored with fighting gnomes and picking flowers, I’m LOVING the events designed to replenish our coffers and inventories. This stupid mermaid storyline nearly bankrupted my kingdom!! I vote more replenishment events!! (Like food. We should do lots of food events. And more coinage ones.)

CharmOfLea
03-12-18, 07:30 AM
No crowns? 42830

dragoniakingdom
03-12-18, 07:46 AM
No crowns? 42830

When you finish you will also receive 250 crowns.

ajax1964
03-12-18, 07:51 AM
I have to say I’ve been religiously playing this game since the beginning, but these quests are just getting longer and longer. For the first time I’m bowing out early, it’s just too boring.

riverly
03-12-18, 08:31 AM
Okay. I have refrained from commenting on this event until now ... and trying to do it without planning ahead as is now my norm.

But Ivy - why, oh why did you say you think we have enough blades at the end of goal 11, when we obviously don't!?!?I know! Those last 3 were the hardest for me. I was just so tired of the tapping by then.
But I got through it.
Now I have to remember to collect wooden gnomes, and I'm afraid I have fallen behind on those. Not sure I can make it to 155.

EsmeW2
03-12-18, 11:34 AM
I know! Those last 3 were the hardest for me. I was just so tired of the tapping by then.
But I got through it.
Now I have to remember to collect wooden gnomes, and I'm afraid I have fallen behind on those. Not sure I can make it to 155.

Me too. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found I had to make 3 more swords. I thought that 120 fights was a lot - but 150!!! I'm complete on my main game and just starting on the last three on my second game. (One Wizard School, one feeble alicorn and one weekly horse is all I've got for extra energy on this one - so it's been pretty hard to do. It's much easier with a herd of alicorns.)

And unless I do speeding up to get the wooden gnomes or unless we get some extra gromes with the next event I'm not going to make it to 155. I've found it really hard to remember to click the Gnome Home often enough - I'd have to get 4.5 every day and think I won't manage.

Overall this event has been a bit different, but I'm really hoping that whatever starts later I the week isn't more of the same - if it is I'll sit it out and concentrate on the Mermaid stuff!!!

HuckleTown
03-12-18, 12:30 PM
Me too. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found I had to make 3 more swords. I thought that 120 fights was a lot - but 150!!! I'm complete on my main game and just starting on the last three on my second game. (One Wizard School, one feeble alicorn and one weekly horse is all I've got for extra energy on this one - so it's been pretty hard to do. It's much easier with a herd of alicorns.)

And unless I do speeding up to get the wooden gnomes or unless we get some extra gromes with the next event I'm not going to make it to 155. I've found it really hard to remember to click the Gnome Home often enough - I'd have to get 4.5 every day and think I won't manage.

Overall this event has been a bit different, but I'm really hoping that whatever starts later I the week isn't more of the same - if it is I'll sit it out and concentrate on the Mermaid stuff!!!
I have essentially the same extra energy as you. I fought my final knight about 7 hours ago and am now have about 120 pollen to collect. 13th blade is cooking.

I had to completely ignore the rest of my kingdom the entire time. I ran out of adventure feasts so it's nice to at least have 20 energy to play around with.

Castloninian
03-12-18, 12:52 PM
I am a long time level 50 but this might be the first time I don’t get the last individual prize. I have finished the quests and now just have to collect for the gnomes but at only one a time I am likely going to be 50 or so short. I work so can only collect 3, max 4 times a day. Previous events have never been an issue as I was always able to upgrade quickly and so my collections always got the maximum number of items.

I don’t think I’ve seen yet what the last prize is - is it worth it??

Anaboe
03-12-18, 01:08 PM
Same.

I have 77 points. To make it to 155, I need almost 5 collections a day... that is: 8 and 12 AM, 4, 8 and 12 PM. For 16 days straight... I do have a life you know...

Have crafted the last sword, in half an hour I can start crafting the final spell...

My only hope is that you can earn more Wooden Gnomes is upcoming events...

CharmOfLea
03-12-18, 01:10 PM
When you finish you will also receive 250 crowns.
Thank you.

So without the forum, one wouldn?t know that crowns are a reward here. That?s not right.

ShibuyaCloth
03-12-18, 01:31 PM
To all player doing the gnome community event. Remember that a new event will start on THU. This one will most likely also provide wooden gnomes, otherwise reaching 155 will be close to impossible for most players, including me. With 70 to go, that's 4 a day, more then challenging (because I also have a life, yes yes, I am not always in the Glimmerwoods). S8 never made it impossible just hard. This community even is not based on pure drop luck, just hard work (i.e energy & patience). So just keep faith.

Castloninian
03-12-18, 01:53 PM
To all player doing the gnome community event. Remember that a new event will start on THU. This one will most likely also provide wooden gnomes, otherwise reaching 155 will be close to impossible for most players, including me. With 70 to go, that's 4 a day, more then challenging (because I also have a life, yes yes, I am not always in the Glimmerwoods). S8 never made it impossible just hard. This community even is not based on pure drop luck, just hard work (i.e energy & patience). So just keep faith.

I hope you’re right! I saw the pop up for the next event and to me it looked like a completely separate event. I guess only time will tell.
I will collect gnomes whenever I can but I am not setting alarms in the middle of the night. This game is not worth a divorce ��.

AnnirasSweets
03-12-18, 03:08 PM
I thought I'd pop by and share my drops from Kane and Giles thus far.

Kane drops: 400-900 coins, 2-6 Bones, Fur, Creep Tooth, or Troll Horn, and sometimes either a Simple Feast or Hearty Feast.

From what I've seen so far, his drops are pretty much the same as the Gnome Knight but it's early days yet so Kane may have a few surprises up his sleeve.

Giles drops: 500 coins, 1-2 Horse Hair, 2-3 Apples and sometimes Sugar, Carrots or Golden Apple.

It's nice for players with no fruit trees that he is a sure drop for Apples and that it's more than one is even better.

riverly
03-12-18, 03:16 PM
Time for my stupid question. Who are Kane and Giles?

Nevermind. I just realized I had the horse Giles in my inventory. I had not been putting out my gnome animals and didn't put him out either.
I will put him out to pasture now.

nateryd
03-12-18, 04:35 PM
Just spin every time you get the chance. Those pictures do not mean a thing. I recently got 2 alicorns in about a two week period after spinning hundreds of time and getting 1 energy or coins.
What do you mean by spinning? I do not have a wheel that spins??

riverly
03-12-18, 04:48 PM
What do you mean by spinning? I do not have a wheel that spins??So sorry. I meant keep watching those free videos. They show three pics of possible prizes and you get a prize. I guess in my mind they are like a slot machine, because you never know what's going to show up. I meant to say keep watching those because I eventually got an Alicorn after a long time of just getting coins or one gem.
Again sorry for the wrong wording.

Silvernomiko
03-12-18, 10:31 PM
I'm trying to check through the thread and haven't found an answer so far. Can you build two Dwaynes like you can build two Fabrons? I accepted there's no way I can complete this quest and was curious.

AnnirasSweets
03-12-18, 10:59 PM
I'm trying to check through the thread and haven't found an answer so far. Can you build two Dwaynes like you can build two Fabrons? I accepted there's no way I can complete this quest and was curious.

You can totally build two of Dwayne, you can also build two Kanes also if you're feeling particularly dedicated.

Silvernomiko
03-12-18, 11:48 PM
Thank you! I didn't realize at first you could build two Fabrons (I would have had I known) Now I'm just trying to go for a second Dwayne because it's a struggle to do the Gnome Wizards much less the Knights. Thanks for the quick reply back!

MoonVillage3
03-13-18, 12:06 AM
Thank you! I didn't realize at first you could build two Fabrons (I would have had I known) Now I'm just trying to go for a second Dwayne because it's a struggle to do the Gnome Wizards much less the Knights. Thanks for the quick reply back!

It's always a risk trying for the second character.. and only when posted in forum by a player who was able.. do we know. Lately during events second items were impossible to be placed, leaving them in a crafting position, thus occuping until developer's help is obtained to unblock the situation.
In this event.. all the characters can be doubled.. by having 2 crafting positions consequently crafting/collecting them at the same time. The craft ability does disappear after first collection, but second crafting position can be placed.
Compliments to whoever did.. as these second characters are almost impossible and extremely demanding play.

katbtodd
03-13-18, 01:36 AM
Are we going to make it ? I am a averaging 5 wood gnomes aday my first collection of this morning gave me 100 still need 55 I have 15 days and 16 hours left And it's going to take me 16 days to get what I need ..thinking some body didn't do their math right no way are people going to be able to get the last prize ,I was setting my timer every two hours to get my pollen ,now I need sleep so I been getting my 8 hours at night missing one collection of wooden gnomes ,S/8 why are you making this to hard for people , we work hard in this events , these have been Crazy requirements ! Most players don't have this kind of energy!!!! All this work and we can't make to the end

kendysek
03-13-18, 02:16 AM
So sorry. I meant keep watching those free videos. They show three pics of possible prizes and you get a prize. I guess in my mind they are like a slot machine, because you never know what's going to show up. I meant to say keep watching those because I eventually got an Alicorn after a long time of just getting coins or one gem.

How can we get the free videos? I don't see them in my game anywhere.

stormyskater
03-13-18, 02:31 AM
Are we going to make it ? I am a averaging 5 wood gnomes aday my first collection of this morning gave me 100 still need 55 I have 15 days and 16 hours left And it's going to take me 16 days to get what I need ..thinking some body didn't do their math right no way are people going to be able to get the last prize ,I was setting my timer every two hours to get my pollen ,now I need sleep so I been getting my 8 hours at night missing one collection of wooden gnomes ,S/8 why are you making this to hard for people , we work hard in this events , these have been Crazy requirements ! Most players don't have this kind of energy!!!! All this work and we can't make to the end

If you average 5 wooden gnomes a day, at 15 days you will have 75 more gnomes. 20 more gnomes than you still need.

katbtodd
03-13-18, 02:58 AM
If you average 5 wooden gnomes a day, at 15 days you will have 75 more gnomes. 20 more gnomes than you still need.

Wow guess I did my math wronge ,was up to early ,,so I have 11 days of collection left ,,thinking I counted 16
Thanks

MoonVillage3
03-13-18, 03:13 AM
Wow guess I did my math wronge ,was up to early ,,so I have 11 days of collection left ,,thinking I counted 16
Thanks
I think we are all in the same boat overtired, fused with collections and timers! Quite understandable after such a trial. I took a break for 2days to bring my senses back and housework catch-up.. and now I have to use the timer AGAIN cause I need each & every collection of 5 times per day to make it!
Advice to others.. don't give yourself the pleasure of a full days rest! :eek:

maryamhjm
03-13-18, 03:13 AM
So sorry. I meant keep watching those free videos. They show three pics of possible prizes and you get a prize. I guess in my mind they are like a slot machine, because you never know what's going to show up. I meant to say keep watching those because I eventually got an Alicorn after a long time of just getting coins or one gem.

I am watching for months now and really wondering if the Alicorn can be won? Did you won it when an Alicorn was one of the pictures or just a random try?

Somehow I can't finish this event, I still need to fight 80 plus Gnome knights and that can't be done in 1 1/2 day, and I thought I was on schedule but the knights are really to much. All this effort for nothing. Can anybody say what that horse was going to drop?

MoonVillage3
03-13-18, 03:21 AM
I am watching for months now and really wondering if the Alicorn can be won? Did you won it when an Alicorn was one of the pictures or just a random try?
Same here and if reports haven't been made of winning them I would have been thinking the Ali offer is a fake.
Nbrs who have won 2/3, told me Alis were won without the immagine illustrated.. so.. just by luck.
It even came to my mind the fact that only US servers had Alis as prizes.. but that's not logical thinking on my behalf. It's just luck!

katbtodd
03-13-18, 03:35 AM
I think we are all in the same boat overtired, fused with collections and timers! Quite understandable after such a trial. I took a break for 2days to bring my senses back and housework catch-up.. and now I have to use the timer AGAIN cause I need each & every collection of 5 times per day to make it!

Crazy!!! I even counted on my fingers twice !!laughing at self ,your so right this one got us all so over tired setting our timers and another event in two days ,, and we all want the new Ali

hagypagy
03-13-18, 05:08 AM
So I've finally finished battling Gnomes!!
Loved this quest for Fabron and Dwanye. The perfect addition to my kingdom!
Kane and Giles are in storage.
Hopefully Hewitt has some pretty amazing drops after a month of collecting. Only 75 more collections :rolleyes:

Same here and if reports haven't been made of winning them I would have been thinking the Ali offer is a fake.
Nbrs who have won 2/3, told me Alis were won without the immagine illustrated.. so.. just by luck.
It even came to my mind the fact that only US servers had Alis as prizes.. but that's not logical thinking on my behalf. It's just luck!

I have won 2 Alicorns and 1 Expansion Permit from the videos since the new style started.
I watch all 6 videos daily.
The majority of the time is 1000coins or a gem.
It is completely random , and no connection to what is pictured.
I'm in Australia so no American server for me.

I do seem to have luck on my side tho... I won 4 Alicorns in last year's birthday celebrations.

beefus
03-13-18, 05:16 AM
So I've finally finished battling Gnomes!!
Loved this quest for Fabron and Dwanye. The perfect addition to my kingdom!
Kane and Giles are in storage.
Hopefully Hewitt has some pretty amazing drops after a month of collecting. Only 75 more collections :rolleyes:

I have won 2 Alicorns and 1 Expansion Permit from the videos since the new style started.
The majority of the time is 1000coins and gems.

I do seem to have luck on my side tho... I won 4 Alicorns in last year's birthday celebrations.

... Wow

Players being given the opportunity to win Alicorns and other prizes, yet I have none of these offers in my Kingdom...

Will S8 be offering Free Ali's to players that are not provided the ability to "watch a video" and win a prize? ... or are some of us playing a different game than everyone else?

#FairPlay
FUn
MOo

MoonVillage3
03-13-18, 05:58 AM
... Wow

Players being given the opportunity to win Alicorns and other prizes, yet I have none of these offers in my Kingdom...

Will S8 be offering Free Ali's to players that are not provided the ability to "watch a video" and win a prize? ... or are some of us playing a different game than everyone else?

#FairPlay
FUn
MOo

sorry OFF-TOPIC.. delete if necessary

On the whole.. the major part of players that do have these trial video adds.. do not win anything to brag about considering maybe only 5% of players have won worthy prizes.. the other 95% are still waiting hopefully. These videos first started on Apple devices as trials.. now they're slowly starting on Android too, both with difficulty in loading at some times. Not all Apple devices have them either.. it's a random selection of trials which after awhile might disappear. Mine did for months, then returned. Let's hope everyone will be included when they run perfectly!
They are the same videos you see in the Free-Gem section of which you receive 1 gem if you watch the trailer till the end. At least in my country they are.

ladyperidot
03-13-18, 07:03 AM

Somehow I can't finish this event, I still need to fight 80 plus Gnome knights and that can't be done in 1 1/2 day, and I thought I was on schedule but the knights are really to much. All this effort for nothing. Can anybody say what that horse was going to drop?

I actually got an Ali the other day. I was so surprised as I usually get 1000 coins or maybe a gem. Keep trying!

I gave up on the gnome knights a long time ago. I just couldn't face having to spend the time and effort to defeat 120 of them. So Fabron and Dwayne haven't dropped anything spectacular, usually I just get the black flag (item maxed in inventory).

LadyRissaRenae
03-13-18, 07:04 AM
... Wow

#FairPlay
FUn
MOo

I too have been wondering this since I started playing a year-and-a-half ago. Seems us Android players are always left out :( It's one of the reasons I stopped buying gems. It's unfair that all players don't have the same offers.

1ch1ps
03-13-18, 07:39 AM
I knew when I saw we had to fight 120 gnomes, that wa# probably going to be the end of that part o& this quest. It’s bad when you got the time ... unemployed so i try to do it between job searches when my energy fills up ... but I can’t get there. I’m only at 29% with a day and a half left, do I’m disappointed....but in the last year I don’t make it to the end often. Think I’ll make the community one. I like Storm 8 Dragon Story quests better,

CharlieGirl9
03-13-18, 08:39 AM

I'm doing my best to get my five collections a day, but the game isn't helping. I had a "Gnomeland Security" quest where all I had to do was collect three times, but TWICE I collected, closed my game, and when I came back later found that the game had reset and I hadn't collected. I need to get into the habit of doing something like visiting a neighbour after collecting to make sure it has really registered before a reset, but who has time for that?

garysafb
03-13-18, 08:45 AM
I'm doing my best to get my five collections a day, but the game isn't helping. I had a "Gnomeland Security" quest where all I had to do was collect three times, but TWICE I collected, closed my game, and when I came back later found that the game had reset and I hadn't collected. I need to get into the habit of doing something like visiting a neighbour after collecting to make sure it has really registered before a reset, but who has time for that?

If you click on gnomes head on the right side of sceen that shows how many wooden gnomes you have and days left it does a quick sync. Its just like visiting your neighbor only quicker.

lina2405
03-13-18, 09:16 AM
My wooden gnome doesnt count��

A7B92
03-13-18, 10:54 AM
I'm out. The gnome knights pop up as needing 20 hits. Even if they only take a net of 13, that's still 1560 energy just to fight the nights. Then you have to make 12 bitty blades, which take 50 pollen each, that's another 600 energy. Plus it will take 6 hrs to getvenough pollen for one blad as we can only have 20 of the plants ( mine have never given me more than 1). Oh, and that doesn't include collecting periodically to make sure you have enough iron. And thats only to finish goal 11! You then need three more blades plus and additional 30 pollen to calm Kane (another ~219 energy).
I don't know what Dwaynes going to,drop, but so far Fabron is only dropping coins and either fancy beams or fancy blocks, both of which I'm maxed on.
Hope those of you continuing on enjoy and to my neighbors, I will answer your requests for bound bags
I agree!

myhsplace
03-13-18, 11:01 AM
"Gnome Man's Land starts: 1 March 11am PT - Ends: 14 March (time?) "

my icon still says 2 days so wondering what is the exact time this ends tommorrow?? skimmed a few earlier and latest posts but, didn't see answer. am trying to see if i can still make it needing 103 pollen, 23 itty blades and 2hrs for crafting kane.

garysafb
03-13-18, 11:26 AM
"Gnome Man's Land starts: 1 March 11am PT - Ends: 14 March (time?) "

my icon still says 2 days so wondering what is the exact time this ends tommorrow?? skimmed a few earlier and latest posts but, didn't see answer. am trying to see if i can still make it needing 103 pollen, 23 itty blades and 2hrs for crafting kane.

Mine ends Wednesday at 8 PM central time. Thats 9PM eastern time and 6 PM pacific time.

myhsplace
03-13-18, 11:54 AM
Mine ends Wednesday at 8 PM central time. Thats 9PM eastern time and 6 PM pacific time.

thank you :)

Nikospets
03-13-18, 01:54 PM
I came here to see if anyone else was having difficulty with the "No Mans Land Quest", apparently I'm not the only one having issues with it! Those of you that have completed this quest, can you explain how you did it?

spyd58
03-13-18, 02:20 PM
Whew! Just finished getting Kane. Now have enough crowns to venture forth with Maya’s adventure. Someday may even get back to Tidegate.

awesome6204
03-13-18, 02:22 PM
I'm still battling Gnome knights knowing I won't have time to finish, but I've noticed the last few days, more often I end up battling dire boars instead - anyone else getting this?

awesome6204
03-13-18, 02:26 PM
Another tidbit, not sure if it was from Fabron or Dwayne, but when I collected earlier today, one of them gave me a Sweetheart Unicorn! �� Quite a surprise!

saruccia1963
03-13-18, 02:59 PM
Another tidbit, not sure if it was from Fabron or Dwayne, but when I collected earlier today, one of them gave me a Sweetheart Unicorn! 😊 Quite a surprise!

That's is a big big surprise!!! Congrats!
Take good care of him ;

I know this is not the right place to post that issue but I came here to see if anyone is affected by Maya trying to introduce herself, causing a continuos game-reset, and trying to introduce herself again. After, a new quest appears in the book, then the game reset and Maya "magically" appears again!
Help!!! My game is in a bad trip!!!
Thank you 😊

meme1098
03-13-18, 03:33 PM
This has been happening to me for over 2 days now. The only thing that helps, albeit temporarily, is force closing.

saruccia1963
03-13-18, 04:07 PM
This has been happening to me for over 2 days now. The only thing that helps, albeit temporarily, is force closing.

Thank you Milady.
So are we still in a song, this time Pink Floyd???

"Hello? Hello? Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?…"

That loop is driving me numb, lol
����

katbtodd
03-13-18, 04:32 PM
Another tidbit, not sure if it was from Fabron or Dwayne, but when I collected earlier today, one of them gave me a Sweetheart Unicorn! �� Quite a surprise!

You sure you didn't get it from the sweet heart shack ,that's where I got mine

awesome6204
03-13-18, 06:16 PM
You sure you didn't get it from the sweet heart shack ,that's where I got mine

You may be right, that makes more sense and I think I had collected there at same time. Thanks for solving that for me!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-13-18, 06:17 PM
Whew, got my 2 Fabrons, Dwaynes, and finally, Kane-Kanes!
Now I can actually get a full night's sleep tonight, for the first night in nearly 2 weeks! Lol

newpam575
03-13-18, 06:32 PM
Whew, got my 2 Fabrons, Dwaynes, and finally, Kane-Kanes!
Now I can actually get a full night's sleep tonight, for the first night in nearly 2 weeks! Lol

Well done, m'lady, well done. I stopped the doubles after Fabron. I wish you a wonderful nights sleep.

wamboltia
03-13-18, 07:09 PM
I'm still battling Gnome knights knowing I won't have time to finish, but I've noticed the last few days, more often I end up battling dire boars instead - anyone else getting this?
I have made 11 blades and if I don’t sleep a wink tonight I can probably make the 12th only to need two.(..nope, page 1 says 3more,yay..)to calm down whoever....sigh. And I am currently at a 6:1 ratio on dire boars, very frustrating.

kanajunroses
03-13-18, 07:51 PM
They started another challenge during this gnome man land. Lost four meals and 4 energies. This sucks. With alll there resetting. I'm ready to pack it in. None of their maintenance made a difference and. So many people are experiencing the resets frequently and wrote about it, so not new news for storm8. Dishonest way to get us to buy gems!

CharmOfLea
03-13-18, 09:12 PM
I came here to see if anyone else was having difficulty with the "No Mans Land Quest", apparently I'm not the only one having issues with it! Those of you that have completed this quest, can you explain how you did it?
Unfortunately there?s anything smart to learn nor anything dexterous to discover which could help. It?s just log in every 2-3 hours, use max amount of energy, repeat until you?re bored out of your mind. Then repeat some more.

And if you?re extra motivated, do this during working and sleeping hours as well. Or if you could afford, pay for gems to buy materials or alicorns. That?s about it.

SpiritWind00
03-13-18, 10:47 PM
I finished yesterday but did not lose any sleep or spend gems. I have been able to login during the day to collect pollen etc. it's been quite time intensive but I've just tried to maintain a steady pace and plug away. Having lots of daily alicorns definitely gives an advantage.

I won't do a poll till the gnome house community event concludes.

MoonVillage3
03-13-18, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately there?s anything smart to learn nor anything dexterous to discover which could help. It?s just log in every 2-3 hours, use max amount of energy, repeat until you?re bored out of your mind. Then repeat some more.

And if you?re extra motivated, do this during working and sleeping hours as well. Or if you could afford, pay for gems to buy materials or alicorns. That?s about it.
This is the secret strategy of many days and nights.. of a faithful CSer! (sigh)
And when you've finished you can finally lick your wounds.. but don't relax totally.. you're now on a 4hr log-in. RL? that happens inbetween and after log-ins. It's defined as a multi-tasking life?
I hereby congratulate who made doubles.. they're exceptionally and passionately strong cause they do have a RL/family/job/other to do but also include their passion in their 24hrs.
A life full of passions is always fulfilling and gives satisfactions.

neska04
03-13-18, 11:18 PM
The sale pack with bitty blades and broken bitty blades looks good, but is actually not that helpful, given you still have to fight the full 120 gnomes to get through the goal. Might save you a bit of energy on pollen, but really doesn’t get you much nearer to finishing, which is disappointing.

olma_ru
03-13-18, 11:44 PM
Neska04, you are not quite right. Yes, you should still fight 120 gnomes but remember for 12th you will need 3 more bitty blades, so the bundle still can help. You won't need to fight 30 more gnomes :)

katbtodd
03-14-18, 01:14 AM
I finished yesterday but did not lose any sleep or spend gems. I have been able to login during the day to collect pollen etc. it's been quite time intensive but I've just tried to maintain a steady pace and plug away. Having lots of daily alicorns definitely gives an advantage.

I won't do a poll till the gnome house community event concludes.

Comgrats on finishing !!!!!!!
I didn't use any gems but I did lose sleep setting my timer ever two hours for the pollen , yes having Ali's sure helped on this event .

SpiritWind00
03-14-18, 01:25 AM
Comgrats on finishing !!!!!!!
I didn't use any gems but I did lose sleep setting my timer ever two hours for the pollen , yes having Ali's sure helped on this event .
Thanks Kat! I'm afraid I'd turn into a zombie if I didn't get uninterrupted sleep! I guess my advantage for time is that I'm up before dawn and had loads of time for collecting during the day. No way I would have made it without being able to access the game during the day.

I also add my congrats to those who made double gnomes! Wow that is impressive!!! Kudos to you all :)

I'm going to update the inventory info on page 1 too now, so please help me with drops if you can... thanks heaps!

cavegirl1
03-14-18, 01:36 AM
The majority of the time is 1000coins or a gem.

Shows how random this is. Since the new style of videos I very rarely have them available to watch. Whereas before I had them most of the time. So I hope my videos are now going to people who didn't have them before :)

kendysek
03-14-18, 01:55 AM
There's no way I can finish this event. With 16 hours to go I've got only 3 bitty blades and 33 % fighting knights.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth to spend gems on Kane? What does he drop?

SpiritWind00
03-14-18, 02:09 AM
There's no way I can finish this event. With 16 hours to go I've got only 3 bitty blades and 33 % fighting knights.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth to spend gems on Kane? What does he drop?
drops now in post 3.

kendysek
03-14-18, 02:29 AM
drops now in post 3.

Thank you! :)

I think I will buy him with gems, drops look good.

Lyzau
03-14-18, 04:03 AM
Collecting the wooden gnomes from the gnome home at 1 per collection is the absolute most boring thing ever!! I am at 98 now... still so many to go!

VersaceMorrow
03-14-18, 04:54 AM
I thought I'd pop by and share my drops from Kane and Giles thus far.

Kane drops: 400-900 coins, 2-6 Bones, Fur, Creep Tooth, or Troll Horn, and sometimes either a Simple Feast or Hearty Feast.

From what I've seen so far, his drops are pretty much the same as the Gnome Knight but it's early days yet so Kane may have a few surprises up his sleeve.

Giles drops: 500 coins, 1-2 Horse Hair, 2-3 Apples and sometimes Sugar, Carrots or Golden Apple.

It's nice for players with no fruit trees that he is a sure drop for Apples and that it's more than one is even better.

Thanks for the information! What is the frequency of the feasts, is it enough to either pay gems for the Gnome Knight, or buy the Gnome bundle to finish on time?

HuckleTown
03-14-18, 04:57 AM

I saw a big increase in dire boars my last 50 knights.

I did finish, lost some sleep and constant play throughout the day (no gems).

I have 2 daily Ali's, 2 weekly Ali's and a level 3 wizard school.

The event was ok. I'm still waiting for S8 to realize nobody can or wants to spend so much time to complete events.

janddolphins
03-14-18, 05:43 AM
Well done, m'lady, well done. I stopped the doubles after Fabron. I wish you a wonderful nights sleep.

Sorry I?m a bit behind on this event. I know k won?t fnksh main as I only have 40% or something. I?m a player who loves to make extras so gets that but was wondering if there was an advantage in game wifh these characters. From their drops I could not see any

Thanks

Godric84
03-14-18, 06:05 AM
Collecting the wooden gnomes from the gnome home at 1 per collection is the absolute most boring thing ever!! I am at 98 now... still so many to go!

I'm at 89. I don't think I'll get it without spending a lot of gems. I'm still collecting, but I know I won't get there.

chuckfeets
03-14-18, 06:28 AM
120 gnome knights - now I remember why I stopped playing this game for over a year. These events are nearly impossible to complete.

olma_ru
03-14-18, 06:45 AM
I'd say Kane isn't worth to spend gems to get it.

Nikospets
03-14-18, 08:00 AM
Here we go again! My game has restarted 5 times and that darn Maya quest keeps restarting! Come on S8 fix this issue, I am still fighting Gnome knights! Really getting aggravated with this game!

Nikospets
03-14-18, 08:09 AM

it really doesn't matter at this point, I wouldn't be able to finish even if I spent money as my game is stuck in that Maya loop! I am ready to scream! This is beyond ridiculous!

AuntGma
03-14-18, 08:16 AM
it really doesn't matter at this point, I wouldn't be able to finish even if I spent money as my game is stuck in that Maya loop! I am ready to scream! This is beyond ridiculous!

Force close your game. It may take doing that 2 or 3 times. It should keep Maya at bay for a while. She has tried to hijack my game every 24 hours for the last three days. It’s way past time for S8 to fix her.

Nimlandy
03-14-18, 11:05 AM
I?ve 12 bitty blades (of the needed 15) collected. Not a chance I?ll finish this. Had half an inclination to buy the last few bits but then I realized that would be falling into the trap.

If there?s another surgery after this bit I?ll add my two cents. :(

LadyFencer
03-14-18, 11:39 AM
I'd say Kane isn't worth to spend gems to get it.

I agree. I get those same drops from other places. Just irritates me that I spent so much time on the earlier goals and got stuck on 10 because I don't have time to babysit the game for 120 gnomes. (My work schedule changes daily, and for the past few days, I haven't been able to get on much.)

candie1230
03-14-18, 12:33 PM
With having a life, a wedding Ally only, and running off 40 energy, I do not see me completing this. I will get close but will fall about a day and a half shy. I?m only half way through these 120 knights. I?m only barely knocking down two bitty blades a day. There are winners and there are looser in this game, and unfortunately I will once again be on the short end of the stick.

Don?t feel bad, I have 15 daily alicorns, 5 week alicorns, and 2 wizard schools, and I?m not going to be able to finish either... **** having to do things like work and sleep. It?s the whole 50 pollens per blade thing. 6 hours per blade, like seriously!!!

HuckleTown
03-14-18, 01:17 PM
I?ve 12 bitty blades (of the needed 15) collected. Not a chance I?ll finish this. Had half an inclination to buy the last few bits but then I realized that would be falling into the trap.

If there?s another surgery after this bit I?ll add my two cents. :(

So proud of you. The only way to stop the S8 madness is for players to refuse to use gems to finish (no gems, even if they weren't purchased).

Twintail
03-14-18, 03:11 PM
The only way to stop the S8 madness is for players to refuse to use gems to finish (no gems, even if they weren't purchased).

I feel myself such a fool to have spent so much time on the earlier goals, getting up at midnight sometimes, now that I see, that there is no way I finish the goal 10.
I enjoy playing this game, but the events are just impossible for normal people, who work and sleep.
I agree with you, HuckleTown, I refuse to use gems to finish, although I am just a step shorter of finishing it.
S8 madness! It's too much.

wamboltia
03-14-18, 05:10 PM
I made it (not that it matters now) to goal 12 this morning, and with much sadness, threw in the towel. There was no way to acquire 3 more bitty blades (30 broken) plus the 150 pollen needed to craft them, and the extra 30 for the spell in 12hrs time when it takes about 6-7hrs just craft one blade. I could spend $10 and buy the stuff, but there is NO WAY I am giving a penny, this was just too energy intensive for a normal player. Congrats to those who finished.

peachtreeshoppe
03-14-18, 06:00 PM
I saw a big increase in dire boars my last 50 knights.

I did finish, lost some sleep and constant play throughout the day (no gems).

I have 2 daily Ali's, 2 weekly Ali's and a level 3 wizard school.

The event was ok. I'm still waiting for S8 to realize nobody can or wants to spend so much time to complete events.

I am glad I stopped when I did. I agree ? what is the benefit to making it require such frequent check ins? Do a lot of people spend gems at the end to finish? Would these same people spend gems on other cool decorations if advertised through initial game opening pop ups? Seems much simpler... make the goals attainable for more people and you?d have happier customers.

I?d like to see in the survey something along the lines of ?I intentionally stopped partway upon realizing time commitment was too high.?

stygimoloch
03-14-18, 06:16 PM
Don?t feel bad, I have 15 daily alicorns, 5 week alicorns, and 2 wizard schools, and I?m not going to be able to finish either... **** having to do things like work and sleep. It?s the whole 50 pollens per blade thing. 6 hours per blade, like seriously!!!

Agreed. I have 19 weekly alicorns, an adult destrier and a sweetheart unicorn (which give energy like the weekly alicorns), 29 daily alicorns and 4 daily unicorns. And I didn't finish either. Energy obviously wasn't the issue -- collecting gnome pollens every two hours just isn't practical. This event was ridiculously tedious.

Toward the end I thought I'd just buy the Gnome Kane for gems, but then the event ended and he was no longer available! Very poorly thought out by Storm8, making the item expire as soon as the event ended. I was ready to buy the Gnome Kane for 180 gems, but now they've lost their chance to sell it to me.

Meiji293
03-14-18, 07:08 PM
I have enough materials to complete the goal 12, but did not get back home before the event end to make the Kane. Does anyone know if I write an email to support team will they give me the Kane and the Giles??? I really hope S8 can give us more time.

riverly
03-14-18, 09:28 PM
I have enough materials to complete the goal 12, but did not get back home before the event end to make the Kane. Does anyone know if I write an email to support team will they give me the Kane and the Giles??? I really hope S8 can give us more time.To my knowledge once the event was over, nobody ever got rewarded the prize for falling short on time. BUT maybe because of the Maya glitch I wonder if an exception will be made for players this time. It won't hurt to try contacting support.

I am getting gnowhere on my wooden gnome collecting! This is nuts. Players have to collect in the middle of the night???
I'm retired and set the timer during the day, but still falling short. I even stopped while I was in Walmart to collect my gnome. While doing yard work, I have my phone so I can hear the timer go off. This makes no sense.

jesslau9
03-14-18, 09:41 PM
To my knowledge once the event was over, nobody ever got rewarded the prize for falling short on time. BUT maybe because of the Maya glitch I wonder if an exception will be made for players this time. It won't hurt to try contacting support.

I am getting gnowhere on my wooden gnome collecting! This is nuts. Players have to collect in the middle of the night???
I'm retired and set the timer during the day, but still falling short. I even stopped while I was in Walmart to collect my gnome. While doing yard work, I have my phone so I can hear the timer go off. This makes no sense.

I'm too lazy to do math, if someone collects 5 times a day since the start of event, which was 1st March?, does it means 75 gnomes?
but I'm not good with Math

I only have 72 gnomes. cannot believe it takes 155 for the last prize..hmm

I know I didn't collect on the dot, but doesn't look like I'll make it

SpiritWind00
03-14-18, 10:43 PM
Dont panic about the wooden gnomes too much as they are also going to be rewards from goals in the new event starting tomorrow(ish).

jesslau9
03-14-18, 10:58 PM
Dont panic about the wooden gnomes too much as they are also going to be rewards from goals in the new event starting tomorrow(ish).

oh! hope for good news :D

kendysek
03-15-18, 03:08 AM
I also have a lot of alicorns, two wizz schools, unicorns, but energy was not an issue this time. I couldn't collect regularly, but a few times a day and did not make it. After two easier events I started slow, but I don't think I would make it if I started with effort.

fitgal1
03-15-18, 06:33 AM
I made it with one hour to spare. I used a few daily alicorns, 2 10 energy crates, and 1 alicorn.

bobbyrae
03-15-18, 06:57 AM
I am glad I stopped when I did. I agree ? what is the benefit to making it require such frequent check ins? Do a lot of people spend gems at the end to finish? Would these same people spend gems on other cool decorations if advertised through initial game opening pop ups? Seems much simpler... make the goals attainable for more people and you?d have happier customers.

I?d like to see in the survey something along the lines of ?I intentionally stopped partway upon realizing time commitment was too high.?

i stopped very, very early on with the personal goals. Probably goal 5 or some such place. Didn?t click on any buildings that I knew would spawn the gnome. I still did click on the gnome house maybe once or twice per day when I checked into my game and will continue to do so until the community event ends. I have no inclination to lose sleep or spend gems to complete a goal. I have a demanding job and a real life. This goal was ridiculous in my opinion. Congrats to all who put in all that hard work and time to complete it.

CharlieGirl9
03-15-18, 07:22 AM

By my count, we got 32 extra wooden gnomes if we completed all the goals.
I'm on 90 at the moment.
If this second challenge starting today gives us a similar number of gnomes, it shouldn't be too hard.
But I wouldn't be able to complete the wooden gnome thing without the ones I got from the Gnomes Man's Land quest.

lilymonster4
03-15-18, 09:07 AM
Guys, find out how many more gnomes you need to reach 155 then divide that number by the number of days left. It will tell you how many times a day you need to collect. Take into account that it could say 14 days but you need to click on the event to see that actually it’s 13 days and 8 hours right now.

EsmeW2
03-15-18, 10:40 AM

Thanks so much for the info SW. Because it's so slow to get the numbers up I keep forgetting to collect and sometimes if I pop in quickly to get the gnome and then leave my game does one of its constant resets so I lose the collection. You have to hang around for a couple of minutes these days to make sure things have taken. I'd have no hope without a few gnomes from goals.

Jackiesq
03-15-18, 11:05 AM
I don't know if I'll go for the 2nd event, maybe only 1 or 2 quests for a few more wooden gnomes to get the 155 for sure.
I'm out of nearly all basic resources after this event and 2 days working on my 5 unlimited questlines. They need a lot of energy and materials and I'm making big progress on this quests now. I'm afraid I don't have enough energy and stock on materials to get another event done now and I want to complete some of my unlimited quests too and rebuild my stock! After this event there will be another, so if I can make this one next will be impossible.... 😦

jkc619
03-15-18, 11:16 AM
New event started? Collecting glimmereggs for the gnomes? I am confused. There is an egg workshop but not sure how to build it?

Godric84
03-15-18, 12:07 PM
New event started? Collecting glimmereggs for the gnomes? I am confused. There is an egg workshop but not sure how to build it?

It's on the market and doesn't require supplies to build. It's similar to ivy's nursery.

jkc619
03-15-18, 12:13 PM
Where do you get the egging gnome?

Godric84
03-15-18, 12:14 PM
For this new event, gnomes are supposed to span from the farmhouses? I'm not sure if they are supposed to spawn like the gnomes did from the first part of the event or if they are random like the others do. I haven't been able to get one to spawn yet, so I'm not sore if it's a glitch or if I just need to be patient.

Godric84
03-15-18, 12:20 PM
Where do you get the egging gnome?

The regular farmhouse of the dainty farmhouse. Or the gnome trap, but that costs a handful of gems.

jkc619
03-15-18, 12:52 PM
The regular farmhouse of the dainty farmhouse. Or the gnome trap, but that costs a handful of gems.

Thank you for your help. I finally spawned one after hitting 10 farmhouse. Still haven’t figured out what other eggs I have collected do.

grdnr
03-15-18, 12:55 PM
Game keeps crashing on iPhone X when trying to collect the bronze egg token.

meme1098
03-15-18, 12:55 PM
Thank you for your help. I finally spawned one after hitting 10 farmhouse. Still haven’t figured out what other eggs I have collected do.

So the thread for the new goals here:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103579-Castle-Story-03-15-name

SpiritWind00
03-15-18, 04:53 PM
I'm going to transfer over the info about the community event into the new thread and close this one now. I'm about to work on updating the info now... Glimmerwood Egg event link in post above.