PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/01 - Going Gnome event approx 27 days | Gnome Man's Land 14 days

Pages : 1 [2] 3

katbtodd
03-04-18, 01:21 PM
Do you know how many swords we need for the knight? Or are you not yet there?

Not sure what you mean ,, guess I'm not there yet,,
20 wack to slay the knight
This is where I am, got to make 12 ,haven't made my first one yet ,,,need pollen !!!!

katbtodd
03-04-18, 01:32 PM
Now that I'm doing this part do you think it's safe to store my extra cottages

ShibuyaCloth
03-04-18, 01:35 PM
Not sure what you mean ,, guess I'm not there yet,,
20 wack to slay the knight
This is where I am, got to make 12 ,haven't made my first one yet ,,,need pollen !!!!

Nope, that will be next chapter I guess. That will tell us how much energy is expected to finish.

comeseecomesah
03-04-18, 01:39 PM
Now that I'm doing this part do you think it's safe to store my extra cottages

Thats what I'd like to know too! I'd like to start storing and tidying up lol

Jackiesq
03-04-18, 01:45 PM
Nope, that will be next chapter I guess. That will tell us how much energy is expected to finish.
And I'm not sure if it's good or bad that we don't know goal 12 and the number of wooden gnomes needed for the sheep yet... (I'm at goal 9 and have 38 wooden gnomes now. Hoping I'm still going fast enough... 😉 )

katbtodd
03-04-18, 02:06 PM
And I'm not sure if it's good or bad that we don't know goal 12 and the number of wooden gnomes needed for the sheep yet... (I'm at goal 9 and have 38 wooden gnomes now. Hoping I'm still going fast enough... �� )

I can answer your sheep question

Jackiesq
03-04-18, 02:19 PM
I can answer your sheep question
Thx! Still very doable... 😊

AnnirasSweets
03-04-18, 03:39 PM
Wanted to show him off how cute he is
Onward to next part of my quest

He's super adorable. I was wondering if you had any idea of his drops yet. I know I read earlier that someone got Glimmerdust, at least I think I read that. Just curious if he has other/better drops.

katbtodd
03-04-18, 03:49 PM
This cute little wizard has a 4'hour timer and first drop was 2 glimmer dust 800 coins
SECOND DROP silver and coins

katbtodd
03-04-18, 03:51 PM
He's super adorable. I was wondering if you had any idea of his drops yet. I know I read earlier that someone got Glimmerdust, at least I think I read that. Just curious if he has other/better drops.

Yep got 2 glimmerdust and 800 coins

AnnirasSweets
03-04-18, 04:06 PM
Yep got 2 glimmerdust and 800 coins

Thanks for the info.

pongkay
03-04-18, 05:31 PM
Is it possible to craft 2 wizard & not run out of time to finish the quest?

wamboltia
03-04-18, 05:33 PM
Ohh boo!!! My jeweler shop spawned a dire boar!! Energy wasted. I may just stick to the cottages

katbtodd
03-04-18, 05:37 PM
Thats what I'd like to know too! I'd like to start storing and tidying up lol

Guess nobody knows the answer right now

PrincessCelestian
03-04-18, 05:50 PM
Who mentioned variety? I know I was getting fed up with fighting 48 wizards but 120 Knights?!? Grant you this is a very different type of event. And I?m really hoping for a non hopping on one foot on the spot lady. But 120 Knights. Our Ruler is going to be ruddy knackered!

Bahahahaha. Ruddy knackered. You are most definitely British! I am pretty bored myself. I have been done collecting enough wrecked wee Wands since yesterday and have just been checking in every two hours to collect the pollen. It started out promising but it?s becoming wah wah now.

PrincessCelestian
03-04-18, 05:55 PM
Here is a bit of a strategy for those waiting to advance beyond Duane if you have enough resources. I have been selling off surplus cottages and farmhouses all day and building taverns. My queendom sure does like it?s alcohol at the moment. Maybe I should rename it something Scottish. . .

bernadette16668
03-04-18, 06:14 PM
I?m not getting worker nomes any more do they stop when the wizard starts

meme1098
03-04-18, 06:16 PM
I?m not getting worker nomes any more do they stop when the wizard starts

Did you craft the gnome? If so, you're done with that part. You should be fighting wizards now if so.

Jackiesq
03-04-18, 06:52 PM
Ohh boo!!! My jeweler shop spawned a dire boar!! Energy wasted. I may just stick to the cottages
I haven't got anything else then wizards from all the known buildings. And the spawn rate is 100%! 😊
I got 2 direboars from mines today! But no milk from them and I only need 1 more milk for my dire piglet. 😦
I want to get rid of that goal in my book, so I want to spawn direboars now. Only until I have my last milk ofcourse... 😉

bernadette16668
03-04-18, 06:53 PM
The one with the bench? I did craft that one, don’t i need anything else from the worker Gnomes after that?

SpiritWind00
03-04-18, 07:34 PM
The one with the bench? I did craft that one, don’t i need anything else from the worker Gnomes after that?
No. Check your goal book and see if you've moved to the next goal or not. Look at post 2 to check goals.

ratdogs4
03-04-18, 08:21 PM
I just started the goal that calls for fighting the gnome knights (20 hits). I am finding they are being defeated in 8-12 hits, good news. But... I find I have can't have my watchtowers and spires as close together as I could the cottages for the gnome wizard battles. When the watchtowers and spires are too close together, you can't find the little gnome knight you need to defeat. I had to rearrange my queendom a little.

Silvernomiko
03-04-18, 09:27 PM
I wish I'd known I could build a second Fabron. Just means I need to check the board even more studiously. I'm level 22, so getting free crafting materials is amazing and getting glimmerdust from the gnomebells makes it worth the gold investment for me (no glimmerdust trove yet). If I'd known in advance that I couldn't complete the entire quest line (without spending gems), I would've waited and built two Fabrons. It takes up so much of my max energy, I'm not sure I can even pass Goal 8. Oh well.

AnnirasSweets
03-04-18, 09:57 PM
I just started the goal that calls for fighting the gnome knights (20 hits). I am finding they are being defeated in 8-12 hits, good news. But... I find I have can't have my watchtowers and spires as close together as I could the cottages for the gnome wizard battles. When the watchtowers and spires are too close together, you can't find the little gnome knight you need to defeat. I had to rearrange my queendom a little.

That is valuable information. I'm still collecting the Pollen for Dwayne but I have maxed out on spires, never even considered their placement could be an issue. I'm off to rearrange them now, do you think putting one 2x2 building in between the spires will be enough room?

katbtodd
03-05-18, 01:27 AM
SECOND DROP from my little wizard was silver and coins
THIRD DROP living wood

ellieofrivendell
03-05-18, 03:06 AM
Hey, you guys, thanks so much for your tips, they?re sooo helpful! It?s my first post on the forum, I?m a lvl 35, but I?ve been reading it for a while. I wanted to ask you about red petals, do you have any ideas on how to store/use them? I?ve been getting so many of them and really don?t want to let them go to waste, since thery?re a pretty rare drop (at least for my level). I?ve build a second Conservatory, just beacause for the first one I had to chop ferns and patches of grass for a week to get the 15 I needed. I?ve also been making red dye, but I feel kind of guilty spending the energy on that (I don?t have any Ali?s yet, so I have to be careful with every single energy). Do you think the Gnomebells will keep droping red petals even after the event is over?

kolakid2
03-05-18, 03:37 AM
Goal 12: Cast a spell to calm Kane

15 Bitty Blades (12 from Goal 11 counts towards this... so only 3 more)
60 Pocket Lint
30 Gnomebell Pollen

kolakid2
03-05-18, 03:50 AM

kolakid2
03-05-18, 03:54 AM

PrincessCelestian
03-05-18, 06:02 AM

This doesn?t make sense and sounds like a bug to me that you might want to report. It should be just like any other monster where it all greys out and the wizard knight is in the middle. It shouldn?t have anything to do with how close your buildings are to each other.

katbtodd
03-05-18, 06:20 AM
This doesn?t make sense and sounds like a bug to me that you might want to report. It should be just like any other monster where it all greys out and the wizard knight is in the middle. It shouldn?t have anything to do with how close your buildings are to each other.

Yes it does ,, when you have your watch tower so close the little guy can hide behind one,, I just move the one **** the little guy and put it back ,

zoroak
03-05-18, 07:56 AM

60 Pocket Lint
30 Gnomebell Pollen

Thanks kolakid2 for posting goal 12. Very glad it?s only 3 more blades and 30 pollen. I can?t imagine another 3 or 4 more days for goal 12, making 12 more blades.

3dogsandacat
03-05-18, 08:03 AM
Not sure where to ask this. I have already asked about this on page 24, but no replies. I have collected 32 gnomes, after collecting 20 gnomes, I got the notification that I should find 4 gnome cows in my inventory, but they have not shown up. I have closed the app & opened it many times, but still no gnome cows - can anyone help or tell me where to submit a request to have this looked at? Many Thanks!

Jackiesq
03-05-18, 08:11 AM
Not sure where to ask this. I have already asked about this on page 24, but no replies. I have collected 32 gnomes, after collecting 20 gnomes, I got the notification that I should find 4 gnome cows in my inventory, but they have not shown up. I have closed the app & opened it many times, but still no gnome cows - can anyone help or tell me where to submit a request to have this looked at? Many Thanks!

I should make a ticket to support.
https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

CharmOfLea
03-05-18, 08:12 AM

If they are not in your inventory, Support will help. To contact them, go to the bottom of a forum?s page, then ?contact us?, then ?submit a request?. Same link is in Spiritwind?s signature. GL.

Jackiesq
03-05-18, 08:15 AM

60 Pocket Lint
30 Gnomebell Pollen
Thx for posting! I was afraid for more, so maybe I can make it now. Time for my calculations... 😊

CharmOfLea
03-05-18, 08:16 AM
Hey, you guys, thanks so much for your tips, they?re sooo helpful! It?s my first post on the forum, I?m a lvl 35, but I?ve been reading it for a while. I wanted to ask you about red petals, do you have any ideas on how to store/use them? I?ve been getting so many of them and really don?t want to let them go to waste, since thery?re a pretty rare drop (at least for my level). I?ve build a second Conservatory, just beacause for the first one I had to chop ferns and patches of grass for a week to get the 15 I needed. I?ve also been making red dye, but I feel kind of guilty spending the energy on that (I don?t have any Ali?s yet, so I have to be careful with every single energy). Do you think the Gnomebells will keep droping red petals even after the event is over?

Yes, they probably will. That?s how all event flowers have behaved so far.

HuckleTown
03-05-18, 08:33 AM
Waited 4 hours for my cottage: got a boar. So sad

wamboltia
03-05-18, 08:39 AM
So many wee wands...I feel like I’m so far behind!! Just started working on my additional 6 repaired wee wands to calm the wizard man down. And I understand there are swords next....and knights to fight. *exhales deeply*

jesslc41
03-05-18, 08:39 AM
Do you have a greenhouse?

I have been making lots of floral glow in the greenhouse and still end up wasting some of the red petals. Wasting them bothers me a little too but I've decide not to worry about it since I probably won't struggle for red petals in the future - the gnomebells will probably continue dropping them, and I've got withered roses (from the tomb event) that drop them too. I say make floral glow if you have a bit of spare energy and don't worry about the rest of the red petals going to waste. (Floral glow can be used in the other greenhouse recipe - I forget the name - that gives you 20 energy, so it's a great way to use up some red petals while getting something that will definitely be useful in the future).

riverly
03-05-18, 08:42 AM
Not sure where to ask this. I have already asked about this on page 24, but no replies. I have collected 32 gnomes, after collecting 20 gnomes, I got the notification that I should find 4 gnome cows in my inventory, but they have not shown up. I have closed the app & opened it many times, but still no gnome cows - can anyone help or tell me where to submit a request to have this looked at? Many Thanks!When I do a search in my inventory, I have to make sure that I have "all" selected. For example if I had recently done a search on buildings I have to reselect "all". That's the simple answer. If that is not the case you need to contact support.

ashley224
03-05-18, 08:42 AM

Whenever you are approaching your max on red petals, over 75 or 80, I?d suggest making Floral Glow in the Greenhouse, assuming you have lots of purple petals as well. When you are approaching your max, again over 75 or 80 for the ingredients for Vital Extract, also in the Greenhouse, make that as well. Then in a pinch when you need an energy boost, you can combine them into Fearie Elixir, also in the Greenhouse for 20 energy. Making the Floral Glow and Vital Extract uses a lot of materials, so this is only a good use of excess ingredients acquired during normal play or events like this when a lot of specific materials are randomly generated. It is not worth using energy to specifically hunt down the ingredients.

riverly
03-05-18, 08:59 AM
It's time for me to do some math! I'm trying to figure out if I have to tap on my libraries and cottages any more.
I'll take a look at Shibuya 's chart.
I can't forget about the lint that is needed too.

Wendylindy
03-05-18, 10:26 AM
For those of you on level 10 fighting the Gnome Knights in the taverns, spires and watchtowers are you also continuing to get lint? I have enough wee wands to repair but if we need 60 lint for level 12 and I need 38 to complete level 9 that's 98 total. I currently don't have that many lint. Thanks to everyone who shares information so the rest of us can complete the goals.

riverly
03-05-18, 10:37 AM
For those of you on level 10 fighting the Gnome Knights in the taverns, spires and watchtowers are you also continuing to get lint? I have enough wee wands to repair but if we need 60 lint for level 12 and I need 38 to complete level 9 that's 98 total. I currently don't have that many lint. Thanks to everyone who shares information so the rest of us can complete the goals.I would also like to be sure about this too. It makes sense that lint would still drop, but I want to be sure.

zoroak
03-05-18, 12:15 PM
For those of you on level 10 fighting the Gnome Knights in the taverns, spires and watchtowers are you also continuing to get lint? I have enough wee wands to repair but if we need 60 lint for level 12 and I need 38 to complete level 9 that's 98 total. I currently don't have that many lint. Thanks to everyone who shares information so the rest of us can complete the goals.

Yes, lint drops from slaying gnome knights.

katbtodd
03-05-18, 12:19 PM
I would also like to be sure about this too. It makes sense that lint would still drop, but I want to be sure.

Yes lint still drops , I'm taping on the taverns and towers now and it drops lint

riverly
03-05-18, 12:33 PM
Yes lint still drops , I'm taping on the taverns and towers now and it drops lintThanks. I can put away my cottages. Yea. Just waiting on pollen.
Got 2 Fabron. Just going for 1 Dwayne.

katbtodd
03-05-18, 12:45 PM
Thanks. I can put away my cottages. Yea. Just waiting on pollen.
Got 2 Fabron. Just going for 1 Dwayne.

Your welcome

Wendylindy
03-05-18, 01:20 PM
Thanks! I too can put away some of my buildings!

Wendylindy
03-05-18, 01:21 PM
Yes, lint drops from slaying gnome knights.

Thanks for the help!

tuffyjkitten
03-05-18, 01:24 PM
So all along I have gotten a gnome from every building every time, along with the occasional dire boar. But this time I tapped 3 jewelers and 4 cottages and got nothing but coins. Where have all the gnomes gone?? I only just started crafting my second wand (started 2 days late) and I need the gnomes! And I triple-checked for errant monsters.

ZOOMANIA69
03-05-18, 01:31 PM

60 Pocket Lint
30 Gnomebell Pollen

Thanks for the info. I'm getting close to finishing Goal 11. Knowing only 3 more will be required allows for some breathing room.

jkc619
03-05-18, 01:36 PM
I am sorry if this has already been answered but can we put our cottages and windmills away after we finish part 9?l guess I found the answer a few pages back. 😊😊

SpiritWind00
03-05-18, 01:38 PM
So all along I have gotten a gnome from every building every time, along with the occasional dire boar. But this time I tapped 3 jewelers and 4 cottages and got nothing but coins. Where have all the gnomes gone?? I only just started crafting my second wand (started 2 days late) and I need the gnomes! And I triple-checked for errant monsters.
Wondering is a monster hiding - put your music on to double check (4th time lucky!?) or have you moved on to the next goal where you don't need to collect?

Edit: that was me who just visited you :) ok no monsters so force close, check your goal book and post in the bugs forum for me to raise with Pika.

SpiritWind00
03-05-18, 01:48 PM
I am sorry if this has already been answered but can we put our cottages and windmills away after we finish part 9?l guess I found the answer a few pages back. ����
Yes! Time to declutter!

SpiritWind00
03-05-18, 02:09 PM
Bug fix report: the Royal Manor will now spawn wizards.

tuffyjkitten
03-05-18, 02:41 PM
Wondering is a monster hiding - put your music on to double check (4th time lucky!?) or have you moved on to the next goal where you don't need to collect?

Edit: that was me who just visited you :) ok no monsters so force close, check your goal book and post in the bugs forum for me to raise with Pika.

Nice to have you visit SW! :)
The force close seems to have worked, I had 1 cottage available to collect from and it gave me a gnome. Gotta wait about an hour or so to see if the other buildings work. If not I will head over to the bugs forum.

RenZenGoddess
03-05-18, 02:50 PM
So, it is my understanding: if we have a full inventory on a dropped item, we get coins instead-soooo=not realllly wasting a drop! Last event, I stressed over ?wasting? stones, then I saw how my coffers were filling with coins and did a happy dance instead!

ShibuyaCloth
03-05-18, 03:50 PM
New math:

Gnome Pocket Lint Gnomebell Pollen Mangled Mini Mallet Wrecked Wee Wand Broken Bitty Blade Miniature Mallet Wee Wand Bitty Blade Energy Day Work
Fabron: 60 115 25 5 320 1
Dwayne: 38 560 96 12 1 532 4
Kane: 60 475 150 15 2 890 8
Total 158 1 150 25 96 150 5 12 15 4 742 14

Assumptions:
Pocket Lint: 0 (Comes for free when defeanting a Gnome Spawn)
Gnomebell Pollen: 1 (Drops from each harvest)
Miniature Mallet: 1 (Production cost)
Wee Wand: 1 (Production cost)
Bitty Blade: 1 (Production cost)
Mangled Mini Mallet: 8 (Spawn 1, defeat the Gnome Worker 7)
Wrecked Wee Wand: 10 (Spawn 1, defeat the Gnome Wizard 9)
Broken Bitty Blade: 16 (Spawn 1, defeat the Gnome Knight 15)
Energy per Day: 350 (Spend for event alone)

PrincessCelestian
03-05-18, 03:52 PM
Phew. Looks like i?ll be able to start calming Duane down before I go to bed tonight. So I can start with the gnome knights first thing tomorrow morning. I am still hoping to get this done with only the gems I used to speed up the library the first go round.

lydiahin
03-05-18, 05:06 PM
This is so frustrating... fight 48 wizards.. all the buildings it spawns from have a long wait time in between, so far I have only fought a wizard 16 times and it’s been 2days. Really think this is a little rediculous. I am at level 42 so I guess considered still a lower level but we get the tougher tasks. It’s just discouraging to know it will be at least another 2days before I move on to the next level, unless I spend gems which is of course what they want me to do. All those events are not fun anymore, it’s best to just stick to the story line and finish those goals.

letf8b
03-05-18, 06:43 PM
Am I missing something or is everyone?s gnome home still just giving 1 wooden gnome and hasn?t been asked to update. This seems odd for a community event. Yet...There?s still so many days left. Also does anyone know how many gnomes are required for the fourth and last prize. Thank you ahead for anyone?s help.

HuckleTown
03-05-18, 07:12 PM
Do the last wizard to tame tasks take 8 days of constant play? (Am I reading it correctly?). If so, I think I will fall just short and I haven't missed too much playing time since the event started. I still have 3 wands to make so that will be in to about half of tomorrow at least if I don't sleep tonight. That makes me sad. I won't eve4 understand why S8 doesn't make these events less time consuming. It really doesn't encourage more gem purchases. The same people will gem ahead because they enjoy that aspect while others will refuse to buy gems because the game is forcing them to.

So close S8, the variety is great but there aren't enough players that can play 24/7.

nadinana
03-05-18, 07:33 PM
I really do not understand. Why in package iron, if needed for the wizard's silver! ???
42620 42621

nadinana
03-05-18, 07:41 PM
Why all the whining? I noticed that the developers did the opposite more the time and now I'm finishing earlier than the event comes to an end...

nadinana
03-05-18, 07:44 PM
For gnome sheep need - 70.

jesslc41
03-05-18, 08:22 PM
I really do not understand. Why in package iron, if needed for the wizard's silver! ???
42620 42621

It is a bit strange but the next gnome - the gnome knight - requires iron.

karak71
03-05-18, 08:39 PM
No you can't start them, they show up in your book every day without any warning. It was 12hours first, but S8 changed the hours to make the goal possible for all timezones. 😉

Cool, thanks for explaining. I think I started a day or so late, so I've been woefully confused as I've been reading posts ;)

jesslc41
03-05-18, 08:50 PM
Do the last wizard to tame tasks take 8 days of constant play? (Am I reading it correctly?). If so, I think I will fall just short and I haven't missed too much playing time since the event started. I still have 3 wands to make so that will be in to about half of tomorrow at least if I don't sleep tonight. That makes me sad. I won't eve4 understand why S8 doesn't make these events less time consuming. It really doesn't encourage more gem purchases. The same people will gem ahead because they enjoy that aspect while others will refuse to buy gems because the game is forcing them to.

So close S8, the variety is great but there aren't enough players that can play 24/7.
I assume you're asking about the gnome knight. I believe the estimate is for 8 days of 350 energy a day (which, if you don't have extra sources of energy, would involve some waking up to play in the night. Checking the game every 1-2hrs from 10am to midnight is only 320 energy (using my schedule as a guide there - luckily I have 2 wizard school and one ali to make up the gap)).

However, ShibuyaCloth's energy calculations on page 31 assume that the last gnome (the knight) will take 15 hits to defeat each time - but earlier in the thread someone reported that they usually defeat the knight within 8-12 energy (when counting the energy you get back during/at the end of the fight). I've watched carefully twice when fighting the knight and the first one took 12 energy, the second 10 energy to fight (plus 1 each to spawn). So ShibuyaCloth's estimate of 15 energy is a little over conservative and it's likely you will be able to get through the knight gnome part in a bit less than 8 days of 350 energy. Good luck!

karak71
03-05-18, 08:55 PM
I assume you're asking about the gnome knight. I believe the estimate is for 8 days of 350 energy a day (which, if you don't have extra sources of energy, would involve some waking up to play in the night. Checking the game every 1-2hrs from 10am to midnight is only 320 energy (using my schedule as a guide there - luckily I have 2 wizard school and one ali to make up the gap)).

However, ShibuyaCloth's energy calculations on page 31 assume that the last gnome (the knight) will take 15 hits to defeat each time - but earlier in the thread someone reported that they usually defeat the knight within 8-12 energy (when counting the energy you get back during/at the end of the fight). I've watched carefully twice when fighting the knight and the first one took 12 energy, the second 10 energy to fight (plus 1 each to spawn). So ShibuyaCloth's estimate of 15 energy is a little over conservative and it's likely you will be able to get through the knight gnome part in a bit less than 8 days of 350 energy. Good luck!

So, I've been counting every time. My estimate (and this is on the wizards, since I'm still on goal 8, is 11 or 12 hits earning 3 or 4 energy back. That formula has been exact through all of this goal thus far. I'll update when I finally (if ever) catch up! ��

jesslc41
03-05-18, 09:12 PM
So, I've been counting every time. My estimate (and this is on the wizards, since I'm still on goal 8, is 11 or 12 hits earning 3 or 4 energy back. That formula has been exact through all of this goal thus far. I'll update when I finally (if ever) catch up! ��

So effectively about 7-9 energy per wizard? I think that's about what I experienced with the wizards too. Someone reported 6-10 energy per wizard at some point in this thread and I remember thinking when I saw that post that it lined up with my experience.

jesslc41
03-05-18, 09:50 PM

After looking at it further, I can't work out how ShibuyaCloth got 475 pollen for Kane. Isn't it 50 pollen per blade + 30 for Kane? 50 pollen x150 blades + 30 gives me 780 pollen. You do occasionally get 2 pollen from one flower but I reckon that's only 10% of the time or less (in my kingdom anyway).

So unfortunately that pushes the energy estimate back up again. If we say 720 energy for pollen (factoring in an occasional double drop), plus 150 blades x 13 energy (my estimate), plus collecting the blades and Kane from the workshop (16 energy) = total 2686 energy which if you can manage 350 energy a day (difficult, as discussed above) works out to be just under 8 days (actually 7.674 if I round to 3 decimal places).

This assumes that you have sufficient iron ore (75) for the blades already on hand. But it also assumes a less than 10% rate of a double drop on the pollen (which could be too low) and that all knights take 13 energy total to spawn and fight. It's possible that the knights are on average less than that. Anecdotal data suggests the average might be more like 11 or 12 total. So maybe it's not quite that difficult but I think we're still looking at 7 days for the gnome knight unless you have heaps of extra energy sources.

Ps. If I've made any mistakes please tell me.

eastie41
03-05-18, 10:56 PM
FYI,

I am on goal 11, and I have noticed that the drop rate for the pocket lint from the gnome knight is only about 25%.

riverly
03-05-18, 10:58 PM
I am beginning to think that the gnome quest is about getting coins for the Town Market. I don't think S8 intended for everyone to finish. Just get the most out of it as you can. Such as the gnome worker- which to me is the best prize so far.
Only you can decide how much you want to invest in this. Time wise, energy wise, and/or gems.
This is only my thoughts and opinion.
And I think even those who finish will not have enough coins for Maya.

S8 please for such energy draining events, please make it VERY clear what the prizes are. Please!

nadinana
03-06-18, 03:00 AM
It is a bit strange but the next gnome - the gnome knight - requires iron.
Not much for a knight. Save 75 iron is not difficult. But 120 silver... !!!

judafarm
03-06-18, 03:21 AM
I have 20 gnome bells, but not all gives gnome pollen...
Why not every gnomeflowers give a gnome poll..??

HuckleTown
03-06-18, 04:48 AM
Thank you to everyone for answering my question about energy for the last few steps. I'm 2 wands from Dwayne.

My level 6 cottage has spawned dire boars the last 3 collections...

nateryd
03-06-18, 06:19 AM
Anyone else wishing at this point with all the wizards we have to fight, that we had a fourth button when battling for a quick fight? Just one tap and it uses all the energy needed? Lol

AinoDK
03-06-18, 06:40 AM
Anyone else wishing at this point with all the wizards we have to fight, that we had a fourth button when battling for a quick fight? Just one tap and it uses all the energy needed? Lol

YES

I was just thinking about this during last wizard battle round

QueenCarolyn
03-06-18, 06:53 AM
I have a continuing problem with the game crashing. I put a lot in storage and it is better now. But when I have to visit other communities, the game crashes almost every visit. Then it crashes several times when trying to load. Not fun.

hagypagy
03-06-18, 07:08 AM
Just went to a neighbour's kingdom to see the final gnome.
There is 2 gnomes sword fighting - but just called "Kane".
Why just one name for 2 gnomes?!? Kinda poor design Storm8.
Can you please fix the name to "Kane and ?anothername?"??
Kane and Able jumps to mind. But any old name would do.

jesslc41
03-06-18, 07:12 AM
I have 20 gnome bells, but not all gives gnome pollen...
Why not every gnomeflowers give a gnome poll..??

That sounds like a bug - my gnomebells give pollen every time, occasionally 2. Unless you already have max pollen - the max is 250. Maybe contact support...?

jesslc41
03-06-18, 07:24 AM
Thank you to everyone for answering my question about energy for the last few steps. I'm 2 wands from Dwayne.

My level 6 cottage has spawned dire boars the last 3 collections...

No worries :-) Further research (aka, more paying attention while fighting) continues to suggest that spawning and fighting a gnome knight is actually more like 11 energy on average (after taking into consideration the energy you get back) so it should be a little easier than my earlier estimate which assumed you use 13 energy each time.

That sucks about those direboars though!

HuckleTown
03-06-18, 08:36 AM
No worries :-) Further research (aka, more paying attention while fighting) continues to suggest that spawning and fighting a gnome knight is actually more like 11 energy on average (after taking into consideration the energy you get back) so it should be a little easier than my earlier estimate which assumed you use 13 energy each time.

That sucks about those direboars though!

You are not going to believe this :

I built 2 more cottages and plan to ignore the level 6, one of the new cottages spawned a dire boar. That's 4 dire boars instead of wizards...I'd be 4 wizards away from Dwayne if it weren't for those pesky boars.

karak71
03-06-18, 08:56 AM
So effectively about 7-9 energy per wizard? I think that's about what I experienced with the wizards too. Someone reported 6-10 energy per wizard at some point in this thread and I remember thinking when I saw that post that it lined up with my experience.

Yes, exactly. I think closer to 9 on average, but right around here. I got 4 out of 36 energy.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-06-18, 09:34 AM
Just went to a neighbour's kingdom to see the final gnome.
There is 2 gnomes sword fighting - but just called "Kane".
Why just one name for 2 gnomes?!? Kinda poor design Storm8.
Can you please fix the name to "Kane and ?anothername?"??
Kane and Able jumps to mind. But any old name would do.
Maybe he's fighting his doppelganger? His clone? His shadow? lol

newzealander
03-06-18, 10:32 AM
I?ve just calculated Gnome Man?s Land, and realised that I cannot possibly finish this if I:
a) feed my children regularly
b) go to work
c) sleep
d) put my iPad down more than one hour a day to have a life

Now I just need to work out if it?s worth giving up all of those for the next 22 days.

Galadraal
03-06-18, 10:39 AM
42620 42621
Maybe because you can use iron in the forge to make silver?

This value pack arrived when I was crafting my last wee wand ☹️ Other events the value packs changed to go along with the goal you are on

CalicoRidge
03-06-18, 10:44 AM
Gname that gnome!

Kane & Karl?
Kane & Kristoph?
Kane & Layne (Dwayne was already taken!)

LadyRissaRenae
03-06-18, 10:53 AM
I?ve just calculated Gnome Man?s Land, and realised that I cannot possibly finish this if I:
b) go to work
c) sleep

Now I just need to work out if it?s worth giving up all of those for the next 22 days.

I've figured this out too. The 120 Knight's goal is outlandish. I'll aim for getting Dwayne, and then abandoning the rest of this event. I haven't NOT finished an event in YEARS. I can't fight 120 anything in 9 days. But the event had been great up until this point, as long as you can get the wizards to spawn from cottages, and not dire bores. I like the fact we weren't always chopping rocks or trees.

CharlieGirl9
03-06-18, 10:54 AM
Well, I think I'm right on track.
Just making my last wee wand now, then I'll have Dwayne calmed down in a couple of hours.
I put my six towers and five spires out a few hours ago, so they will be ready to go.
I'm a little nervous about how much energy it takes to defeat each knight.
If it's more like 10, this will be fine (finish in six days with my estimate of 380 energy per day).
If it's more like 16, then I might be in a bit of trouble (8.4 days, so I might need to break out a few energy boxes).
Heksa will just have to wait - no working on my tidegate this week.

riverly
03-06-18, 11:02 AM
Gname that gnome!

Kane & Karl?
Kane & Kristoph?
Kane & Layne (Dwayne was already taken!)This is Dwayne and that's his brother Kane, and that's his other brother Kane.

I'm really dating myself on this one.

LadyRissaRenae
03-06-18, 12:07 PM
Has Dwayne dropped anything other than Glimmerdust and coins?

HuckleTown
03-06-18, 12:15 PM
This is Dwayne and that's his brother Kane, and that's his other brother Kane.

Hahahaha

absolutegetter
03-06-18, 12:32 PM
Has Dwayne dropped anything other than Glimmerdust and coins?
I got living wood.

ShibuyaCloth
03-06-18, 12:39 PM

I did not change it as only 1 reported it, you are the second. In an hour or so I will wipe out the knights so I can test out as well.

Kirschbaumm
03-06-18, 01:41 PM
Since I can only manage to get 80 - 100 pollen a day, I’m going to stop after goal 10. I appreciate that even I can’t finish the event in time, I still will be able to win 2 helpful prizes out off 3. That’s really nice. Thumbs up.

Edith says: this is so much better than upgrading a building!!

AuntGma
03-06-18, 02:24 PM
Gname that gnome!

Kane & Karl?
Kane & Kristoph?
Kane & Layne (Dwayne was already taken!)

How about Kane and Kaint? 😬

CharlieGirl9
03-06-18, 03:18 PM
I did not change it as only 1 reported it, you are the second. In an hour or so I will wipe out the knights so I can test out as well.

I just used 37 energy to defeat four knights. However, I didn't get any direboars (I've had two boars and nine Knights so far from 11 possible). So I'm averaging between nine and ten without direboars, but 10-11 if I include the probability of getting a direboar.

ladyperidot
03-06-18, 04:04 PM
I've figured this out too. The 120 Knight's goal is outlandish. I'll aim for getting Dwayne, and then abandoning the rest of this event. I haven't NOT finished an event in YEARS. I can't fight 120 anything in 9 days. But the event had been great up until this point, as long as you can get the wizards to spawn from cottages, and not dire bores. I like the fact we weren't always chopping rocks or trees.

I know. I need to fix two more wands to calm Dwayne. It's the pollen that's holding me up. Only 20 pollen every 2 hrs means 6 hours to get enough to fix one wand!

jkustak
03-06-18, 04:07 PM
Painfully boring event. I'm at the Gnome Knight slaughter. 120 of them certainly can be classified as a slaughter right? So bored and I don't even know what the payoff is. Good gameplay is a balance of thinking and actions. Castle Story isn't a thinking game, but at least the actions should be varied enough to be engaging.

riverly
03-06-18, 05:30 PM
How about Kane and Kaint? 😬like I Kaint take this anymore!

absolutegetter
03-06-18, 05:48 PM
Currently my drops from Dwayne include mushrooms, living wood, glimmer dust and I just got an enchanter's essence! Starting to regret not trying for two. :(

AnnirasSweets
03-06-18, 06:51 PM
I am so over Gnome Knights, really. I knew from those who posted that we were required to fight 120 of them, but seeing the number written down is a lot different than the actual fighting of 120 Gnome Knights. I don't think I used this much energy per day during the last monster hunt! Also, I'm sorta worried my phone is going to get worn thin in the spots I keep repeatedly tapping when fighting! At this point, I really just want it to be over.

AuntGma
03-06-18, 08:57 PM
like I Kaint take this anymore!

Exactly!

29vanilla
03-06-18, 09:17 PM
I didn’t want to complain but after reading info on energy needed to reach the end I don’t know if I can take it anymore either! Wah!

S8s bakery story is extremely difficult to complete goals. Also dragon story. Impossible to finish anything. I’ll be quitting that game very soon. And bakery story-I don’t even bother with some of the goals. If you play those games you understand. It seems CS may be heading in that direction.

On a positive note. I like the variety in this one and the art work. BUT sorry- 120 battles with too many of the yellow pollen blobs required is ridiculous. Happy tapping and fighting all! I haven’t given up yet. Not even on goal 10 yet and I’m already stressed.

29vanilla
03-06-18, 09:22 PM
Will we need 95 gnomes total for the “Going Gnome” individual grand prize?

29vanilla
03-06-18, 09:50 PM
Will we need 95 gnomes total for the “Going Gnome” individual grand prize?

I’m such a dork. Going to reply to my own post. Lol. So if we need 95 gnomes; (I have 47 now), I will need to collect 4xday and maybe 5xday a couple of times. Going to be hard to do when you want to have a life. (:

BiggerBubbles
03-06-18, 11:00 PM
The gnomes from the little gnome home event is separate from the calming down of Ivy’s gnomes. It still has 21 days to go. I have 55 gnomes so if we need 95 to finish, I only need 2 collections a day from now on. So 29vanilla, you should not be panicking. It will run concurrent with the next event.

29vanilla
03-06-18, 11:43 PM
The gnomes from the little gnome home event is separate from the calming down of Ivy’s gnomes. It still has 21 days to go. I have 55 gnomes so if we need 95 to finish, I only need 2 collections a day from now on. So 29vanilla, you should not be panicking. It will run concurrent with the next event.

Thank you. I must have messed up with my math calculations. Such a relief.

BiggerBubbles
03-07-18, 12:05 AM
Thank you. I must have messed up with my math calculations. Such a relief.

Yes, originally I thought they ended at the same time but then I realised that that part was a month long event. Good luck.

ZOOMANIA69
03-07-18, 01:46 AM
Finished! I just placed Kane(4 hr timer) Reward for placing: 5 Wooden Gnomes 1 Giles(8 hr timer) 250 Crowns.

Dialog:
Kane, is that you?
Fabron! What a lovely surprise, brother.
Kane, I see you've also made your way back to the garden.
Indeed, I best get back to my training though.
Lady Ivy said I was welcome to practice my swordsmanship in the garden.
Ah, I shall get back to my work as well then!
Let's grab a root beer at the Tavern soon.
Perhaps we shall have another gnomes' night out!

* Giles-This horse is the perfect size for any gnome to ride! Pet him to see what he's found for you.

katbtodd
03-07-18, 03:00 AM
I finished this morning too!!! Got my sheep
This is how many we need to finish this wow since it only gives one per 4 hours!

katbtodd
03-07-18, 03:01 AM
Finished! I just placed Kane(4 hr timer) Reward for placing: 5 Wooden Gnomes 1 Giles(8 hr timer) 250 Crowns.

Dialog:
Kane, is that you?
Fabron! What a lovely surprise, brother.
Kane, I see you've also made your way back to the garden.
Indeed, I best get back to my training though.
Lady Ivy said I was welcome to practice my swordsmanship in the garden.
Ah, I shall get back to my work as well then!
Let's grab a root beer at the Tavern soon.
Perhaps we shall have another gnomes' night out!

* Giles-This horse is the perfect size for any gnome to ride! Pet him to see what he's found for you.

Well played !

Jackiesq
03-07-18, 03:08 AM
I finished this morning too!!! Got my sheep
This is how many we need to finish this wow since it only gives one per 4 hours!

Thx for posting!
Arghhhh 155 means more then 4 collections per day or more from other goals as prize for me now. 😦Trying to get some 5 per day days now... I hate alarms for a game! But don't want to be close but unable to get it at the last day.

katbtodd
03-07-18, 04:21 AM
Thx for posting!
Arghhhh 155 means more then 4 collections per day or more from other goals as prize for me now. ��Trying to get some 5 per day days now... I hate alarms for a game! But don't want to be close but unable to get it at the last day.

Been settin my timer too every two hours for the pollen

ladlasse
03-07-18, 07:53 AM
Chop a dark cave formation, drops silver almost every chop. I found I have quite a few of them in my inventory as they sometimes drop from the Search Dark Caves adventure.

Thank you. Good idea.

jkc619
03-07-18, 08:47 AM
It is better to build spires and watchtowers than taverns to spawn the gnome knights. They only take 4 hours to recover versus 8 for the tavern. The knights hall only takes 3 hours to recover. It will be interesting to see if those with little or no extra energy will be able to make it. I am only on my 5th repaired bitty blade and I have plenty of extra energy sources and 14 spires/watchtowers out.

ladlasse
03-07-18, 08:56 AM
I was waiting for my last crop of blooms to collect pollen for calming Dwayne. While waiting, I stupidly started two things in my workshops that take 4 and 5 hours each. So instead of waiting one more hour for pollen and then 2 hours for calming Dwayne, I have to wait 4 hours before I can start the 2 hr Dwayne craft. Darn it!

jkc619
03-07-18, 09:00 AM
I just used 46 energy to defeat 4 gnomes

meme1098
03-07-18, 09:14 AM
I was waiting for my last crop of blooms to collect pollen for calming Dwayne. While waiting, I stupidly started two things in my workshops that take 4 and 5 hours each. So instead of waiting one more hour for pollen and then 2 hours for calming Dwayne, I have to wait 4 hours before I can start the 2 hr Dwayne craft. Darn it!

Just be sure to keep collecting pollen. Next step you'll have plenty pollen to start the bitty blade repairs. I can only do 1 repair about every 6 hours. It's exhausting 😬😳

riverly
03-07-18, 09:28 AM
If a player is just now starting goals 11 and then next 12, how many times a day does that player have to collect their pollen?
Let's assume 7 days are left
because that day counter can be a little wonky. And let's assume that that player had nothing in stock. And we have to figure in crafting time for the horse. I guess I'm trying to set up worse case scenario.
Does anyone have that info readily available?

sophiensissi
03-07-18, 10:58 AM
b) go to work
c) sleep

Feeding children is overrated. They will figure it out. 😂

sophiensissi
03-07-18, 11:04 AM
I am so incredibly thankful that this event does not involve Ivy’s hut!!!! S8 is hung up on using Ivy’s hut for some reason and collection every 12 hours is not fun for events. And, chopping rocks and trees was boring! Thank you S8 for changing things! I like that we can use taverns, watchtowers and spires and some other buildings, like cottages. It’s much more enjoyable to branch out!

The event is much longer and is doable if you can devote some time or money, you don’t need both. If you can’t play much and don’t want to use gems, try to enjoy getting how far you can and the prizes you obtain for the goals you do reach.

Now, can we please expand more...

jkc619
03-07-18, 11:17 AM
feeding children is overrated. They will figure it out. ��

lol lol lol

CharlieGirl9
03-07-18, 12:37 PM
If a player is just now starting goals 11 and then next 12, how many times a day does that player have to collect their pollen?
Let's assume 7 days are left
because that day counter can be a little wonky. And let's assume that that player had nothing in stock. And we have to figure in crafting time for the horse. I guess I'm trying to set up worse case scenario.
Does anyone have that info readily available?

Edit: Oops. First I had done it with pollen every four hours instead of two, then I thought you needed thirty pollen instead of fifty.

We have seven days and about 22 hours left I think, but if you want to repair 15 blades (50 pollen each) plus the extra 30 pollen in seven days, that's 750 plus 30 pollen. I get 22 each collection, so that's 35.5 collections in total, and since half a collection is not a thing, 36 collections, or six per day for six days. I get six most days (7am, 9:30, noon, 2:30, 5, 8pm), but I miss one every now and then, so I think it's doable. (You could get nine collections a day if you set a timer and sleep eight hours, but ... life.)

I don't know how long it takes to "Cast a spell to calm Kane", but most of these things have been one or two hours.

karak71
03-07-18, 01:54 PM

Dying laughing 😂😂😂. Bob Newhart was the best. I love when he shows up on The Big Bang. Horrible question, is he still living?

karak71
03-07-18, 02:04 PM
I fear I'm woefully behind. I can't get Darryl, I mean Dwayne to calm down for the life of me (that's for you, riverly). Is anyone else still fighting wizards? And yes, this is feeling like a a gnomacide. I can't believe that I'm going to have to do this 120 more times if I ever calm down my other gnome Darryl. ��

ShibuyaCloth
03-07-18, 02:14 PM
Made a large update on the pics.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103358-Castle-Story-03-01-Going-Gnome-community-event-14-days&p=1497047&viewfull=1#post1497047

Also the new math are in, revised down the needs to finish. It is getting more reasonable now. Mainly the energy need to dispose of the knight makes a huge difference.

CharlieGirl9
03-07-18, 02:19 PM
I just used 46 energy to defeat 4 gnomes

I just did eight gnomes with 81 energy, got NO direboars :)
Used the following amounts of energy: 9 9 14 12 6 11 10 10
Averages out to a little over ten (including the one to spawn).
Quite big variation.

Edit: by gnomes I mean knights.

ladyperidot
03-07-18, 02:19 PM
I'm out. The gnome knights pop up as needing 20 hits. Even if they only take a net of 13, that's still 1560 energy just to fight the nights. Then you have to make 12 bitty blades, which take 50 pollen each, that's another 600 energy. Plus it will take 6 hrs to getvenough pollen for one blad as we can only have 20 of the plants ( mine have never given me more than 1). Oh, and that doesn't include collecting periodically to make sure you have enough iron. And thats only to finish goal 11! You then need three more blades plus and additional 30 pollen to calm Kane (another ~219 energy).
I don't know what Dwaynes going to,drop, but so far Fabron is only dropping coins and either fancy beams or fancy blocks, both of which I'm maxed on.
Hope those of you continuing on enjoy and to my neighbors, I will answer your requests for bound bags

neska04
03-07-18, 02:24 PM
Don’t know if this has been reported, but in my level 15 kingdom, the 6 wee wands I repaired for the first goal was all I needed for Dwayne. I didn’t need to make any more. Can’t remember re Fabron though

riverly
03-07-18, 03:12 PM
Edit: Oops. First I had done it with pollen every four hours instead of two, then I thought you needed thirty pollen instead of fifty.

We have seven days and about 22 hours left I think, but if you want to repair 15 blades (50 pollen each) plus the extra 30 pollen in seven days, that's 750 plus 30 pollen. I get 22 each collection, so that's 35.5 collections in total, and since half a collection is not a thing, 36 collections, or six per day for six days. I get six most days (7am, 9:30, noon, 2:30, 5, 8pm), but I miss one every now and then, so I think it's doable. (You could get nine collections a day if you set a timer and sleep eight hours, but ... life.)

I don't know how long it takes to "Cast a spell to calm Kane", but most of these things have been one or two hours.Im glad you changed your numbers, because I had come up with 6 times a day too, and wondered how that could be. Lol.
6 times a day is doable for me and with my insomnia, I will get more than that. So I should finish with time to spare. Those who are not on goal 11 yet will probably have to collect pollen more than 6 times a day.
I just read that lower level players have lower requirements, so that's good.

Also the Knights Hall spawns the Gnome Knight. I saw that in this thread somewhere.( Nevermind- I see the new updated info).

sophiensissi
03-07-18, 03:54 PM

I think it was Darryl, Darryl and Darryl, right?

PrincessCelestian
03-07-18, 04:17 PM
I fear I'm woefully behind. I can't get Darryl, I mean Dwayne to calm down for the life of me (that's for you, riverly). Is anyone else still fighting wizards? And yes, this is feeling like a a gnomacide. I can't believe that I'm going to have to do this 120 more times if I ever calm down my other gnome Darryl. ��

Actually it?s 150 if you are a high level player. Because you need 15 bitty blades.

Jackiesq
03-07-18, 04:37 PM
Been settin my timer too every two hours for the pollen

It looks like I'm playing totaly different then most players, because I really don't worry about pollen!
7 days x 3 collections + 1 more gives me 22x22 = 484, only 473 needed for me now!
But I did worry about the knights! After crafting my dire piglet the direboars spawning from my Spires and other buildings, 1 every 3-4 iso the knight! And for 3 times now I got a set back for a few seconds in my game. Not a problem you should think, but the building counted as collected from, but the knight from the building before is back! So I have to wait another 4 or 8 hours to get my knight! I crafted 2 more Spires today only for the crashes and direboars! I've 105 to go in 7 days, so 15 per day. No problem without direboars or collections without spawnings during crashes...

ladlasse
03-07-18, 05:43 PM
What does the Knights Hall look like? I checked the Inventory and the Buildings but I don't see it listed.

Update - I finally found it in my kingdom, but I still didn't see it listed in buildings or inventory on the links at the bottom of forum pages.

AnnirasSweets
03-07-18, 05:56 PM
What does the Knights Hall look like? I checked the Inventory and the Buildings but I don't see it listed.

Update - I finally found it in my kingdom, but I still didn't see it listed in buildings or inventory on the links at the bottom of forum pages.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Knights Hall was a building that we had to unlock with the Trials and Tributes (the goal line with all the badges) or whatever it was called. It's listed in the Hub, under the Building Guide on the first page, right after the King's/Queen's Keep.

PrincessCelestian
03-07-18, 06:08 PM
Painfully boring event. I'm at the Gnome Knight slaughter. 120 of them certainly can be classified as a slaughter right? So bored and I don't even know what the payoff is. Good gameplay is a balance of thinking and actions. Castle Story isn't a thinking game, but at least the actions should be varied enough to be engaging.

There was a time when you really had to strategize in this game. Those days are over.

PrincessCelestian
03-07-18, 06:32 PM
Maybe because you can use iron in the forge to make silver?

This value pack arrived when I was crafting my last wee wand ☹️ Other events the value packs changed to go along with the goal you are on

Because you need iron for the bitty blades

wamboltia
03-07-18, 06:33 PM

Right there with you. I finished my final wee wand a few hours ago and I’ve got 23min left on calming down Dwayne. It has taken me days... I’m exhausted and not really looking forward to ****ing all these Knights..at 20 energy, I have one little Ally to my name. It’s not going well

LadyRissaRenae
03-07-18, 06:40 PM
I was pretty excited that they moved away from the endless chopping, and tasks to upgrade a single building. At least they're moving in the right direction. Now, they just have to work on the "Fight a billion of this-or-that over and over" and we'll be all good!

riverly
03-07-18, 08:15 PM
I think it was Darryl, Darryl and Darryl, right?I'm Larry. This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl. It was a running gag line on an old Bob Newhart sitcom. Long ago!
Anyways, this is what happens when doing long monotonous tasks S8, so be gentle. Lol.
Back on subject, are we getting enough coins to get Maya. Or maybe wait to see what else shows up.

hagypagy
03-07-18, 10:05 PM
I feel like this would have been a perfect event if the last challenge of the Gnome Knights was split into two with a 4th quest, battling Gnome ?whatevers?.
Giving a fourth prize and quest would give a closer milestone , and also making actions switch again would've been amazing so nothing became too repetitive.

Jackiesq
03-07-18, 11:29 PM
I feel like this would have been a perfect event if the last challenge of the Gnome Knights was split into two with a 4th quest, battling Gnome ?whatevers?.
Giving a fourth prize and quest would give a closer milestone , and also making actions switch again would've been amazing so nothing became too repetitive.

I was thinking on all 3 times the same numbers. The first will be harder, but everything takes about the same time. This way it's also easier to know if you're on plan or behind too...
But I must say, I like your 4 prizes and another switch to avoid getting bored and maxed on drops more! 😉

idrispad
03-08-18, 12:08 AM
I liked this event at the start. The gnomes were cute and I found the gnome animal prizes amusing. Then it just got tedious and I?m beyond bored with it. I?ll continue just because I?ve invested so much time and effort so far. Thankfully I banked over 2000 energy before the event as I have a good number of alicorns and nothing much to do in my kingdom any more but it is still so ridiculously slow..

20 gnomebells isn?t enough and the mushroom drops 1 wooden gnome every 4 hours - that seems ridiculous, have I not noticed it dropping more or something?

geordieprogman
03-08-18, 12:28 AM
I’ve done so much fighting and ****ing that I keep waiting for the end of level guardian to pop up! I’m on with the last 3 gnome knights now so almost there.

mustang1895
03-08-18, 06:11 AM
My gnome pigs are gone ... when I received them I immediately put them out next to the chicken and the cows. They vanished from there, can't find them in the kingdom or in the inventory. Any suggestions?

jesslc41
03-08-18, 06:35 AM
Has anyone got Kane yet? I'm curious about his drops.

Made a large update on the pics.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103358-Castle-Story-03-01-Going-Gnome-community-event-14-days&p=1497047&viewfull=1#post1497047

Also the new math are in, revised down the needs to finish. It is getting more reasonable now. Mainly the energy need to dispose of the knight makes a huge difference.

I mentioned this before but I think there is a mistake in the amount of pollen for Kane - 15 blades at 50 pollen each plus 30 for Kane himself is 780 pollen - where does 475 come from? I occasionally have a gnome bell drop 2 instead of one, but even with that I think it's still about 700+ energy for collecting pollen (for Kane and the Bitty Blades).

jesslc41
03-08-18, 06:36 AM
My gnome pigs are gone ... when I received them I immediately put them out next to the chicken and the cows. They vanished from there, can't find them in the kingdom or in the inventory. Any suggestions?

Try force closing (if you haven't already) and if still no luck, submit a support ticket.

... the mushroom drops 1 wooden gnome every 4 hours - that seems ridiculous, have I not noticed it dropping more or something?
Nope - you've noticed correctly, it just drops one. However the community event part (ie. collecting the wooden gnomes) goes on for another two weeks after this current quest line about taming the gnomes ends. I'm expecting that we'll probably get another event - either upgrading the mushroom house or something similar to what's been happening at the moment where we earn extra wooden gnomes for completing steps of the quest line.

wamboltia
03-08-18, 07:34 AM
So I’m a little frustrated. I finally finished the calming Dwayne down and placed him in my kingdom. Already had my spires all ready to go and the next quest pops up to fight the knights at the watchtower. I don’t have watchtowers in my kingdom, I have spires cause one is more for guys the spires for girls, but at the end of the day, they are the same thing...until now. So I had to buy one, construct it, then wait 4hrs to tap it, just to proceed. 4hrs of down time, so I keep clicking my spires and gathering bitty blades and pollen, while I’m waiting. Finally clear the watchtower, next quest pops up to **** 120 of these guys and no credit for ones I ****ed while waiting. So it hasn’t been the best day so far. Don’t make the same mistake I did! Better have a watchtower out and ready.

meme1098
03-08-18, 07:36 AM
S8...120 knights is a *bit* over the top, dontcha think!?!

Next update I'd like to see an option to create a potion to increase the critical hits of my sword. We could even use some of the items from past events to craft it .... elvenite, enchanters essence, transformation tonic, that blue stone of strength. There's plenty of great options.

At least with chopping rocks/trees you have the option of quick collecting but there's no way but tap, tap, tap when battling creatures.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-08-18, 07:55 AM
Got my 2nd purple wizard Dwayne yesterday! Yay!
(And yes, I set my alarm for every 2 hrs, around the clock, lol)

But I don't think there are even enough hours left in the event to try for 2 Kane-Kanes.
Besides, the first 2 parts were fun. Now I'm onto the grueling bit of 150 battles!!!
And the thought of even attempting to do THAT twice makes me want to grind my teeth, lol.

BufftonHeights
03-08-18, 09:41 AM
I agree with all the comments that the 120 knights and endless pollen collections are [yawn] boring. But, with the gnomes we get and the Animal gnomes from the longer quest, I’m looking forward to having a little gnome area in my queendom.

ratdogs4
03-08-18, 11:04 AM
At least with chopping rocks/trees you have the option of quick collecting but there's no way but tap, tap, tap when battling creatures.

And don't forget the constant reboots. I cannot tell you how many times I get the racing horse while in mid-battle. Super frustrating.

katbtodd
03-08-18, 11:18 AM
And don't forget the constant reboots. I cannot tell you how many times I get the racing horse while in mid-battle. Super frustrating.

Yes me too I swear it took our energy also and did not replace it

LadyRissaRenae
03-08-18, 12:18 PM
My game has been reloading/crashing/resetting quite often with this gnome event. I think it's even started to affect other storybook items.

olcastle
03-08-18, 12:35 PM
Finally clear the watchtower, next quest pops up to **** 120 of these guys and no credit for ones I ****ed while waiting. So it hasn?t been the best day so far. Don?t make the same mistake I did! Better have a watchtower out and ready.

You need 150 knights total not 120 so it's a perfect day if you ****ed 30 or less of them.

katbtodd
03-08-18, 12:52 PM
What are the drops ,

garysafb
03-08-18, 12:53 PM
My game has been reloading/crashing/resetting quite often with this gnome event. I think it's even started to affect other storybook items.

Mine is crashing and resetting a lot too. My game is very sluggish too. Happening on both my phone and Ipad. Very frustrating.

Chrus00
03-08-18, 01:04 PM
I will end the calming the gnome phase in a couple of pollen collections. I am not going to go for the 150 knights plus the pollen! I am already bored enough! I hope that this will not be a fatal mistake, if there's a second phase during the two weeks left for the community game. Well, the gnome animals are cute... enough recompense!

ratdogs4
03-08-18, 01:44 PM
Giles the goat 🐐 dropped coins (didn't see how much), horse hair, apple 🍎 and 2 sugar. What drops are others getting?

alexversailles
03-08-18, 02:41 PM
Anyone purchased any of the gnomes ? What are the drops?

ShibuyaCloth
03-08-18, 03:04 PM
On sale:

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb909012.png_2v_31020.png
Gnome Worker (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GnomeWorker)
Storable: Yes
Info: A hardworking garden gnome! Visit him to see what he's found for you.
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 170 gems
Drops: Coins, ?
Events: Going Gnome - March 2018
Collection: 360 minutes // 6 hours
Collection Speed-up: 24 gems
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103358

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb909013.png_2v_31020.png
Gnome Wizard (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GnomeWizard)
Info: A magical garden gnome! Visit him to see what he's found for you.
Requirements: 175 gems

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb909014.png_2v_31020.png
Gnome Knight (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_GnomeKnight)
Info: A brave garden gnome! Visit him to see what he's found for you.
Requirements: 180 gems

PS: Inventory screenshots welcome!

comeseecomesah
03-08-18, 03:28 PM
What are the drops ,

Yes, we should be told the drops especially as they are gem purchases!
Are they all animated??

Edit... I part placed them without purchasing and see they are animated of sorts...they breath heavy lol. No movements like ones gained in event.

and they have 6hr timers so hopefully some useful drops....hopefully ahhh!!

katbtodd
03-08-18, 03:32 PM
Yes, we should be told the drops especially as they are gem purchases!

Yes we should,,, my little gnomes that fight With their little blades have only droped coins and I get a max banner,
So,if these guys drop the same thing they would be worthless to me

SpiritWind00
03-08-18, 03:41 PM
I've made a request for drop info...

While I'm here, can I remind players to post any bugs or issues in the Bugs forum. Issues here get buried really quickly by other posts. Although I read everything I too might miss or forget to come back to a post 4 pages back. Thanks :)

comeseecomesah
03-08-18, 03:43 PM
Thank you SW.

AnnirasSweets
03-08-18, 04:01 PM
PS: Inventory screenshots welcome!

I purchased one of each as an early birthday gift to myself.

Gnome Worker dropped: 600 Coins, 1 Fancy Beam and 1 Royal Block.
Gnome Wizard dropped: 600 Coins, 1 Living Wood
Gnome Knight dropped: 600 Coins, 1 Hearty Feast, 6 Bones

I'll be back by later to report other drops. Hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing!

AnnirasSweets
03-08-18, 04:04 PM

:( Sorry. I always forget I can only post so many pics in one go, forgive me.

It's the thought that counts, right?

sophie_luv
03-08-18, 04:11 PM
Fight off 120 gnome knight is too much.

comeseecomesah
03-08-18, 04:26 PM
I purchased one of each as an early birthday gift to myself.

Gnome Worker dropped: 600 Coins, 1 Fancy Beam and 1 Royal Block.
Gnome Wizard dropped: 600 Coins, 1 Living Wood
Gnome Knight dropped: 600 Coins, 1 Hearty Feast, 6 Bones

I'll be back by later to report other drops. Hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing!

Ohhh yes sure does help☆Thank you ☆

PurpleScorpion76
03-08-18, 04:32 PM
I agree with all the comments that the 120 knights and endless pollen collections are [yawn] boring. But, with the gnomes we get and the Animal gnomes from the longer quest, I?m looking forward to having a little gnome area in my queendom.

That?s the bit I?m looking forward to as I?ve got my toadlette soldiers etc and now will have my gnome section too.

SpiritWind00
03-08-18, 08:49 PM
Huge thank you to Pika for getting this info for us: :) market gem gnome info. Looks like the drops for the ones we get as goal rewards and gem purchase ones are same.

Gnome Worker
Coins
Simple Glue
Super Glue
Fancy Beam
Royal Beam
Fancy Block
Royal Block

Gnome Wizard
Coins
Mushroom
Lumin Essence
Glimmerdust
Living Wood
Silver Ore
Enchanter's Essence

Gnome Knight
Coins
Fur
Troll Horn
Creep Tooth
Simple Feast
Bone
Hearty Feast

comeseecomesah
03-08-18, 09:00 PM
Yes big THANKS Pika and SW☆

AnnirasSweets
03-08-18, 09:43 PM
Okay folks, here are my second collections from the market purchase Gnomes:

Gnome Wizard drops: 630 Coins, 4 Mushrooms, Black Flag for Glimmerdust
Gnome Worker drops: 630 Coins, Black Flag for Simple Glue
Gnome Knight drops: 600 Coins, 3 Creep Tooth, 1 Simple Feast

As for the event, I've fought enough Knights to craft 2 Kanes which was perhaps the most mind-numbing, time consuming task I've completed recent memory. I depleted over 2 weeks worth of stored energy but at least now all I have to do for the rest of the event is collect pollen like a crazy lady to craft the needed blades. I need 15 more at this point, I'm going to go as far as I can within the time allotted and at the end of the event if I haven't gotten enough pollen and the gem spending isn't too crazy to finish a second Kane maybe I'll do that.

It's up in the air at this point really, but I'm nothing if not determined. The only thing I can think of that comes close to this absurdity was when we had the Frizzly Bears that required 400 fur but I don't even think two of those were this time consuming. Why, oh why must I have two of everything????

karak71
03-08-18, 10:29 PM
Actually it?s 150 if you are a high level player. Because you need 15 bitty blades.

Yaaaarrrrgggghhhh! I'm level 50. Sleep? Who needs it? :eek:

karak71
03-08-18, 10:36 PM
I think it was Darryl, Darryl and Darryl, right?

"Hi, I'm Larry, this here's my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl."
Somehow that feels right. I'll YouTube it. 😂

karak71
03-08-18, 10:41 PM
Right there with you. I finished my final wee wand a few hours ago and I?ve got 23min left on calming down Dwayne. It has taken me days... I?m exhausted and not really looking forward to ****ing all these Knights..at 20 energy, I have one little Ally to my name. It?s not going well

Completely with you. The struggle is real! If only we'd gnome what we were getting into! Okay, sorry about that last bit. Delirium setting in.

MoonVillage3
03-08-18, 10:54 PM
in reply @ AnnirasSweets
like you.. I've always loved the idea of pairing characters, but after awhile, not having space to place the double stuff reconsidered my habit if whomever remained in a group. these gnomes form a happy group so didn't stress to pair them off, but do wish one each of the set.

a comfortable way of plodding through the awfully tedious part of fighting 120 knight-part, and if you are able to accumulate secondary-energy supplies, is to create this situation when the buildings you have prepared are mature.

I've prepared 16Towers/Spires, 6Taverns and Knight Hall and collect enough to craft 2+ blades at a time.. then.. make a phonecall to a friend/family and while chatting... tap, tap, tap without thinking of what you're doing. without realizing you've run out of buildings to spawn from, but certainly.. you must have prepared energy to do so.

a note for the pollen.. it's best collected using the timer.. otherwise collecting every 2hrs on the dot, which is needed, will be overlooked.

certainly this week I've been accused by family members, as being manical and manipolated by a video-game.. which I can't deny, nor have valid excuses.. as they are correct!

I wonder why this event's requests have been so demanding, as less Knights to fight would have made life more comfortable with less interruptions to justify. I am aware the last prizes are always more difficult to obtain but this rhythm requested puts us faithful players in an awkward situation. I just hope my device won't be confiscated by someone who's trying to 'help' me out of this gnome-tunnel.

MoonVillage3
03-08-18, 10:57 PM
Huge thank you to Pika for getting this info for us: :) market gem gnome info. Looks like the drops for the ones we get as goal rewards and gem purchase ones are same.

Gnome Worker
Coins
Simple Glue
Super Glue
Fancy Beam
Royal Beam
Fancy Block
Royal Block

Gnome Wizard
Coins
Mushroom
Lumin Essence
Glimmerdust
Living Wood
Silver Ore
Enchanter's Essence

Gnome Knight
Coins
Fur
Troll Horn
Creep Tooth
Simple Feast
Bone
Hearty Feast

thank you heaps for this!
would anyone know if the Gnome Wizard is the same as the one we have already won?

edit.. after seeing both side by side.. I'll add that they are different and not the same character.

HuckleTown
03-09-18, 05:31 AM
Larry, Daryl, Daryl

AinoDK
03-09-18, 07:21 AM
SW thanks for getting info on Gnome drops, it is highly appreciated

To me the worker drops seem better than the wizard's, if Fabron has the same I'm glad I got two of him.

Anything that drops feasts is a hit, and for 180 gems it seems a good deal, even if it is the 'lowest' feasts. I have 12 swords, maybe I should continue towards 2 Kane"s and use gems to complete, if that will be less than 180 gems? But then I am SO tired of battling knights and having to (try to) log in every 2 hours during the day (NOT setting alarms or waking up in the middle of the night for a game!)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-09-18, 07:25 AM
(edit)... I wonder why this event's requests have been so demanding....
My guess is because of the CROWN rewards for certain stages of the event.
Other than the initial release of the Market Square, this is the first event we've been given that actually gives us Crowns in addition to event prizes, so it may be a sign of the difficulty of future events ahead, when Crown Rewards are also included. *shrug*

...but you're not alone in trying to explain yourself to family non-CS'ers, lol
Just the other day, hubby had the audacity to video-record me on his phone while I explained (for the second time) why I had to set my alarm for every 2 hours, even throughout the night, lol.
Then he made me watch it! Lol
It's wasn't pretty, but it sure was hilarious! LOL

MoonVillage3
03-09-18, 08:52 AM
My guess is because of the CROWN rewards for certain stages of the event.
Other than the initial release of the Market Square, this is the first event we've been given that actually gives us Crowns in addition to event prizes, so it may be a sign of the difficulty of future events ahead, when Crown Rewards are also included. *shrug*

...but you're not alone in trying to explain yourself to family non-CS'ers, lol
Just the other day, hubby had the audacity to video-record me on his phone while I explained (for the second time) why I had to set my alarm for every 2 hours, even throughout the night, lol.
Then he made me watch it! Lol
It's wasn't pretty, but it sure was hilarious! LOL
Well I'm pleased to know someone else is sharing the same burdens with me.. I even feel better knowing I have company and will have more courage to let the alarm ring instead of waking before and turning it off.. lol! :D
It's not the gnomes I'm so interested in.. it's the crowns to collect. Maya story seems too interesting!
Sending courageous breeze to all struggling CSers. We'll make it!

karak71
03-09-18, 11:11 AM
Larry, Daryl, Daryl

@HuckleTown, I went on YouTube and watched about 10 Larry, Darryl, and Darryl clips. It was AWESOME! Laughed my head off!

ShibuyaCloth
03-09-18, 12:16 PM

:( Sorry. I always forget I can only post so many pics in one go, forgive me.

It's the thought that counts, right?

Perfect thanks. I have the full picture now.

PS: you can only attach 5 pics per post. If you want more, it must be an external hosted picture.

BiggerBubbles
03-09-18, 01:54 PM
Not happy, this Maya thing has arrived and she refuses to rest in my lvl 7 toadstool cottage, it apparently has to be a normal one, I thought once we made the other one it could be used for all events, also it keeps resetting, can?t get past this Maya arrival. Going to make it impossible to collect the last of the pollen to finish current event.

I?ve just reset and she has gone again, hope she stays away till I?ve finished Kane.

storiadelcastello
03-09-18, 02:08 PM
Not happy, this Maya thing has arrived and she refuses to rest in my lvl 7 toadstool cottage, it apparently has to be a normal one, I thought once we made the other one it could be used for all events, also it keeps resetting, can?t get past this Maya arrival. Going to make it impossible to collect the last of the pollen to finish current event.

I?ve just reset and she has gone again, hope she stays away till I?ve finished Kane.
Maya came to my Kingdom and caused havoc with resetting every time I clicked on a cottage and then disappeared. Hope she stays away until they get the glitches out. Better still, stay away until we finish this first event in 6 days. Barely have enough energy for gnome knights and picking flowers.
For everyone excited about Maya, it looks like you’re going to be happy in the near future. Yippee ��

riverly
03-09-18, 02:25 PM
Please delete.

kolakid2
03-09-18, 02:56 PM
155 Wooden Gnomes needed for last Indiviual Prize !!!

kolakid2
03-09-18, 02:58 PM

planetyarnia
03-09-18, 03:02 PM
Listen to this Developers-A message from a neighbour....I am losing heart in this game.
Says it all.
Dont mind challenges,babysitting the game hey ho,my choice....
But to lose LONG standing regular players due to insane quest requirements is beyond frustrating...
No way I can complete this er...epic event without using gems...
Off to make Unicorn Glitter farts.More enjoyable and Satisfying...

mustang1895
03-09-18, 03:22 PM
Try force closing (if you haven't already) and if still no luck, submit a support ticket.

Thank you, I followed your suggestions and submitted a ticket at last. Storm8 resolved the issue very quick and the pigs are back :o

AnnirasSweets
03-09-18, 04:32 PM
While I think the Gnome animals we received for the individual prizes are adorable and all, I've only just noticed that their inventory cards that they only have small chance for rare drops. C'mon S8, these animals are event prizes, can't you at least have them be the equivalent of the gem animals in the market?

katbtodd
03-09-18, 04:35 PM
While I think the Gnome animals we received for the individual prizes are adorable and all, I've only just noticed that their inventory cards that they only have small chance for rare drops. C'mon S8, these animals are event prizes, can't you at least have them be the equivalent of the gem animals in the market?

I read that too ,so off to inventory they went

meme1098
03-09-18, 05:17 PM

I read that too ,so off to inventory they went

What I really think is a kick in the teeth is the first individual prize is a 10 energy crate. 10 energy when these goals require thousands & thousands. That crate should be at least 25...50 would be more appropriate. And the last crate should be 100. I just don't get it.

It would be nice though if it was 3 or 4 10 energy crates but I really don't think that's the case. 😟

AnnirasSweets
03-09-18, 05:34 PM
What I really think is a kick in the teeth is the first individual prize is a 10 energy crate. 10 energy when these goals require thousands & thousands. That crate should be at least 25...50 would be more appropriate. And the last crate should be 100. I just don't get it.

I understand that they can't just throw freebies at us constantly but I feel awful for the lower level players who are trying to complete this event, even the smaller requirements for this one are pretty energy heavy. And of course the lower levels usually have resources so they are the ones who really could use free animals with good drops.

As for the community prizes, I forgot all about them! I fear battling those Gnome Knights may have permanently numbed my brain. I'm really, really hoping that it will be more than 1 crate. I know it's highly unlikely but I can't wrap my head around the ridiculousness of it being merely 10 energy. I shudder to think how many coins the second community prize will be...1,000? Or maybe they'll go wild and give us 5 thousand!

musjamasusja
03-09-18, 06:11 PM
Please help:(
Am fighting the gnome wizards to collect wee wands for creating a Dwayne in the workshop. It doesn't matter how many I fight - I still have 6 wee wands...
Am I the only one who is having this issue?
Is there anything I could do?

AnnirasSweets
03-09-18, 06:18 PM
Am fighting the gnome wizards to collect wee wands for creating a Dwayne in the workshop. It doesn't matter how many I fight - I still have 6 wee wands...

When you fight a Gnome Wizard, it drops Wrecked Wee Wands which you then have to use in the workshop to craft the Wee Wands. Is it the actual crafted Wee Wands you have 6 of or is the Wrecked Wee Wands that the Gnome Wizards drop?

HuckleTown
03-09-18, 06:19 PM

The wee wands are made in the workshop from 8 wrecked wee wands. You need 6 to complete the first Dwayne goal and then 5 (I think) more to calm Dwayne. The wrecked wee wands are drops from fighting the wizard gnome.

riverly
03-09-18, 06:21 PM
Is there anything I could do?I Just recently caught myself thinking the same thing even after all this time! We are fighting the wizards for broken! wee wands.
They are actually called wrecked wee wands.

olcastle
03-09-18, 06:33 PM
solved

riverly
03-09-18, 06:33 PM
I think we all posted at the same time. Lol.

riverly
03-09-18, 06:50 PM
The Gnome sheep doesn't drop anything, just 1 Exp. Surely a bug, it should drop wool at least.A few posts back in the thread addresses this issue. Apparently the animals have a rare chance of dropping rare items- or something to that effect. Notice the wording on the back of the inventory card. It's a bad idea. IMO.

I agree it should drop wool at the very least. It's a sheep for crying out loud.

olcastle
03-09-18, 07:01 PM
A few posts back in the thread addresses this issue. Apparently the animals have a rare chance of dropping rare items- or something to that effect. Notice the wording on the back of the inventory card. It's a bad idea. IMO

It's a different issue. The card said "Provides Wool. Small chance of Prime Cuts." So it supposed to drop wool every time like other sheeps.

riverly
03-09-18, 07:05 PM
It's a different issue. The card said "Provides Wool. Small chance of Prime Cuts." So it supposed to drop wool every time like other sheeps.oh. Ok. Sorry. Are you maxed on wool. If not, that does sound like a bug.

olcastle
03-09-18, 07:09 PM
oh. Ok. Sorry. Are you maxed on wool. If not, that does sound like a bug.

No problem! I'm not maxed on wool.

riverly
03-09-18, 07:13 PM
No problem! I'm not maxed on wool.i guess I'm confused what animals they were talking about. But I've been confused all day. Lol. Too much constant tap. tap. tap. 😜

dfmomcat
03-09-18, 07:15 PM
The Gnome sheep doesn't drop anything, just 1 Exp. Surely a bug, it should drop wool at least.

Have you petted your sheep enough times for him to grow up? They are still babies when we get them and won’t drop items till they are adult.

olcastle
03-09-18, 07:47 PM
Have you petted your sheep enough times for him to grow up? They are still babies when we get them and won’t drop items till they are adult.

Completely forgot! Thank you!

PrincessCelestian
03-09-18, 08:20 PM
155 Wooden Gnomes needed for last Indiviual Prize !!!

I am assuming that gnomes will be prizes for the next event coming out on Thursday to help us to that large number.

AnnirasSweets
03-09-18, 08:38 PM
I am assuming that gnomes will be prizes for the next event coming out on Thursday to help us to that large number.

I was thinking this too. I mean, it's totally possible to get to 155 within the next 18 days but it would be terribly boring at the same time. I figure we'll get more Wooden Gnomes as goal rewards in next week's event like we did in this one. Hopefully the event will also give more Crowns too so that everyone will have enough for Maya.

ladlasse
03-09-18, 09:31 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, the Knights Hall was a building that we had to unlock with the Trials and Tributes (the goal line with all the badges) or whatever it was called. It's listed in the Hub, under the Building Guide on the first page, right after the King's/Queen's Keep.

Thank you! I found it where you said, but I swear that I looked several times through the building lists.

AinoDK
03-10-18, 01:31 AM
Once again European users will be the losers, when S8 shortly pulls the plug for a couple of hours.

S8 I think you should give 20 pollen to all users where your outage happens during daytime. But that is not going to happen, is it?

DMVdoll
03-10-18, 03:30 AM
Does anyone know what Giles and the final individual prize drops???

I don't see the info on the 1st page.

katbtodd
03-10-18, 03:35 AM
Once again European users will be the losers, when S8 shortly pulls the plug for a couple of hours.

S8 I think you should give 20 pollen to all users where your outage happens during daytime. But that is not going to happen, is it?
I posted this days ago this was going to happen ,they do this every "time change" March and Nov

AinoDK
03-10-18, 04:21 AM
I posted this days ago this was going to happen ,they do this every "time change" March and Nov

I saw it, but a) we change to summer time last wwekend in March and b) maybe for once they could do it a different time, so it weren't always the European users that got penalized. Just saying.

(I know, it's just a game, deep breath, I'm OK now :))

CharmOfLea
03-10-18, 06:26 AM
For the first time I have trouble fighting things. These gnomes look so cute, friendly and tiny. So fragile against the sword. Doesn’t feel right.

Lyzau
03-10-18, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know what Giles and the final individual prize drops???

I don't see the info on the 1st page.

Giles dropped an apple and horsehair for me twice.
The other I don't know yet.

PatchXat
03-10-18, 10:35 AM
I just got a Maya popup but I couldn't ever place her horse. The popup just kept starting over and over without completing. I force closed and now it's not there at all. I checked and Alcina isn't in my inventory. I play on Android. Anyone else having this problem or should I turn in a support ticket?
Thanks
Patch Cat :)

confuzzled88
03-10-18, 11:03 AM
Just started goal 11 doesnt seem possible to finish in 5 days fighting the gnomes that take 20 energies and drop none. I might just stop trying to complete.

Passera
03-10-18, 11:38 AM
Stuck on goal 9. Still need 2 more wee wands and bags received are not showing. Won?t be able to move until tomorrow or possibly the next day. Way too many gnomes to battle.

comeseecomesah
03-10-18, 01:40 PM
I just got a Maya popup but I couldn't ever place her horse. The popup just kept starting over and over without completing. I force closed and now it's not there at all. I checked and Alcina isn't in my inventory. I play on Android. Anyone else having this problem or should I turn in a support ticket?
Thanks
Patch Cat :)

I'm Android and no trouble placing Alcina and continuing related goals, so looks like contacting support is necessary. I saw one or two others were having trouble so maybe there's some info in bugs thread and/ or town square thread. Good luck!

55lee55
03-10-18, 01:46 PM
A neighbor told me that Maya (?) showed up and took food then disappeared again this morning. I assumed that the new quest for March11shown on the popup screen would start tomorrow at the usual time of 11:00 am PST.
Is Maya part of the gnome events or part of the Easter quest or both? I am playing on an iPhone and don't gave an update showing in the App Store, so I'm not sure if I am missing something or some folks got a preview of tomorrow's event, or something else is going on. Any insight would be a big help. Thanks!

katbtodd
03-10-18, 01:50 PM
What a sad sad reward with 1000's needed for this event ,

storiadelcastello
03-10-18, 01:59 PM
What a sad sad reward with 1000's needed for this event ,

Yes , rather pathetic! Plus we have to get way too many more gnomes for the horse. I have 71 collected so far, which means I am going to have to be very disciplined to get in 5 collections per day. My Hubbie would probably have me committed if I set my alarm to collect during the night ;)

maryamhjm
03-10-18, 02:08 PM
Message deleted

meme1098
03-10-18, 02:36 PM
I saw it, but a) we change to summer time last wwekend in March and b) maybe for once they could do it a different time, so it weren't always the European users that got penalized. Just saying.

The Daylight Savings Time change occurs at 1 am. So servers all around the US do their maintenance during that time change. Normal people set their clocks forward before retiring for the night or the next morning.
Anyway...it's completely silly that we are still doing daylight savings time.

peachtreeshoppe
03-10-18, 02:55 PM
I have one bitty blade made and can only get 100 pollen per day, maybe 120 if I?m lucky. So... I?m out!

I?ll keep collecting from the event building in hopes that something happens giving me extra along the way so I can achieve the final individual prize. Otherwise I?m stock piling the wizard school and Ali energy by checking in twice a day until the next event.

I do appreciate that this building did NOT have upgrades. I liked that change. I could have my crafting buildings going or not, I didn?t need to stress about which day I hit which upgrade etc. I do wish this event was a bit less for the last segment, though.

saruccia1963
03-10-18, 03:08 PM
I understand that they can't just throw freebies at us constantly but I feel awful for the lower level players who are trying to complete this event, even the smaller requirements for this one are pretty energy heavy. And of course the lower levels usually have resources so they are the ones who really could use free animals with good drop s

As for the community prizes, I forgot all about them! I fear battling those Gnome Knights may have permanently numbed my brain. I'm really, really hoping that it will be more than 1 crate. I know it's highly unlikely but I can't wrap my head around the ridiculousness of it being merely 10 energy. I shudder to think how many coins the second community prize will be...1,000? Or maybe they'll go wild and give us 5 thousand!

"I understand that they can't just throw freebies at us constantly"
Yes, they have to stop, a 10 (ten) energy crate landed in my Reign, hurting a POOR bearded cow.
We need shelters...

And, IMHO, as concern the events with massive-energies-request, the gap is not between levels, it's all about how many sources of energy you bought - with gems aka real money-.
I'm out from this event since yesterday and I'd like to say a big "thank you" for all the help (and the laughs).
Thank you AnnirasSweets, you are really nice... hey, S8, this girl deserves a statue from you and I want one! If you agree, S8, please don't throw it on my bearded sheeps again, thanks!

Good luck and a good Easter for all!
S.

AnnirasSweets
03-10-18, 03:55 PM
A neighbor told me that Maya (?) showed up and took food then disappeared again this morning. I assumed that the new quest for March11shown on the popup screen would start tomorrow at the usual time of 11:00 am PST.
Is Maya part of the gnome events or part of the Easter quest or both? I am playing on an iPhone and don't gave an update showing in the App Store, so I'm not sure if I am missing something or some folks got a preview of tomorrow's event, or something else is going on. Any insight would be a big help. Thanks!

Maya is one of the new walker characters in the Town Square, this event has given some players enough crowns to purchase her and the quests that come with her. As for the preview pop up, if you're thinking of the one with the pastel looking animals it doesn't begin until March 15 which is Thursday. There are dedicated threads for both the Town Square and the upcoming events, hope this clears up any confusion for you.

Now, as for the first community prize...I guffawed when I saw it was indeed a single +10 energy crate, startling everyone around me. I'm at a loss for words over how ridiculous it is in comparison to how much energy we needed to complete this event. :confused:

katbtodd
03-10-18, 04:03 PM

My game will be shut down too

Irma_Isle
03-10-18, 04:27 PM
I have one bitty blade made and can only get 100 pollen per day, maybe 120 if I?m lucky. So... I?m out!

I?ll keep collecting from the event building in hopes that something happens giving me extra along the way so I can achieve the final individual prize. Otherwise I?m stock piling the wizard school and Ali energy by checking in twice a day until the next event.

I do appreciate that this building did NOT have upgrades. I liked that change. I could have my crafting buildings going or not, I didn?t need to stress about which day I hit which upgrade etc. I do wish this event was a bit less for the last segment, though.

I just finished to calm down dwayne and by calculation, I cant open game every two hours when I'm working so I decided to stop and star collect energy for next event. I'm sad because I cant get Kane who drop feast but hey, than stressing over I choose to surrender. Lol

Amarice
03-10-18, 05:34 PM
I am at 11 blades now. With some luck I will get another later tonight or tomorrow morning. With the last goal needing 3 more I may barely make it a day before the deadline.

I would however like to emphasize that this likely is only because I have a parade of alicorns to use free extra energy on daily and weekly because I have been playing this game for 6 years (and was lucky that I do have a love shack). And even so I may finish a day or two early maximum, could be last day too, depending on how it goes.

So I cannot phanthom a newer player managing to fulfill all the fights needed here without spending gems on one of the extra bundles offered.

littelprince0313
03-10-18, 06:25 PM
What are the drops ,

I just bought all three :D they?re SO cute... but if you wanna buy them because of the drops I dont think they?re worth it - I was maxed with all of it... so I cant even answer the question exactly - sorry...

I wanna say: I really like the event I wouldnt mind to get more gnomes in future event maybe a Gnomea or sth ;D
But I stopped at the 120 part- sorry that?s just too much especially for 20! Hits. Maybe 60-70 I would tried for it, but not 120 so I just bought the gnome and stepped right into the S8 trap -.- ****
(P.s. really looking forward for the new event!!)

peachtreeshoppe
03-10-18, 06:35 PM
Which prize drops feasts? I read page 1 but am not seeing it, sorry!

Irma_Isle
03-10-18, 07:24 PM

Gnome Worker
Coins
Simple Glue
Super Glue
Fancy Beam
Royal Beam
Fancy Block
Royal Block

Gnome Wizard
Coins
Mushroom
Lumin Essence
Glimmerdust
Living Wood
Silver Ore
Enchanter's Essence

Gnome Knight
Coins
Fur
Troll Horn
Creep Tooth
Simple Feast
Bone
Hearty Feast

Maybe I read this when I'm sleepy so I thought Gnome Knight ARE kane. So my mistake. The one who drop feast is Gnome knight who can we buy for gems.

Now I'm curious, what is the drop from kane? Looking back drops from gnome worker are just like fabron, and drop from dwayne same as gnome wizard, maybe kane drop feast too?

HuckleTown
03-10-18, 08:04 PM
I am at 11 blades now. With some luck I will get another later tonight or tomorrow morning. With the last goal needing 3 more I may barely make it a day before the deadline.

I would however like to emphasize that this likely is only because I have a parade of alicorns to use free extra energy on daily and weekly because I have been playing this game for 6 years (and was lucky that I do have a love shack). And even so I may finish a day or two early maximum, could be last day too, depending on how it goes.

So I cannot phanthom a newer player managing to fulfill all the fights needed here without spending gems on one of the extra bundles offered.

I am 3 knights from having 120 blades. My 9th fixed one is cooking. Right now my strategy is to fight as many nights as I can every 2 hours (2-5 depending on what's ready, my level 3 wizard school and 2 daily Ali's) if I end with less than 10 energy, I spawn a knight if I can, then use the rest of the energy for pollen. Sometimes I do collect all 20 flowers. I should be able to finish. I will continue this strategy until I fight 33 more knights. Then it's pollen, pollen, pollen.

If I wake up in the middle of the night, I should get 6 more before morning.

jesslc41
03-10-18, 09:32 PM
Lower level players only need 12 Bitty Blades to craft Kane instead of 15. And my pocket lint requirement is lower too (48, I think).

Since it took me 4 days to make 12 bitty blades and I had heaps of pollen left over, I decided yesterday that I will try for 2 Kanes (a terrible idea? Maybe, we'll see... at this point I have to make 10 more blades for a second Kane and I already have the pollen for 4 blades). I would rather have 2 Fabrons but once I realised that, it was too late.

jesslc41
03-10-18, 10:53 PM

I feel like I count as a newer player since I've only been playing for ~ 6-8 months and I am on the last goal with everything to craft Kane already. But I have an advantage that not all players have - I can play constantly between 10am and midnight most days (and do so). I find that makes a big difference. I have chosen to opt out of a few events because I concluded there's no way I would finish but for the most part I can get to the end.

Also I have already managed to get a few extra energy sources - I have two wizards schools and one ali. They were mostly bought with earned gems by doing the "play other S8 games for gems", but I did buy one starter pack (which gave me 50 gems towards my first wizard school) and one 250 gem pack (to buy one golden mine in the black friday sale). Having some experience with other S8 games before starting CS, I made good use of these forums and then deliberately went after the things that seemed like they would be useful right from the start. (Also careful avoidance of gem traps although I did/do still get caught occasionally).

kanajunroses
03-10-18, 11:36 PM
how's it going with collecting the yellow pollen pods. Wish there was a way to build up numbers.

kanajunroses
03-10-18, 11:55 PM
Has anyone had a reset during the gnome man land? Every time I finish battle the gnome knight it resets and i have to rebattle the same gnome 2-3 times. Often you lose an energy point or two when this happens. 120 battles and not 50% done.....and then the many resets.....tiring.

kanajunroses
03-11-18, 12:15 AM
It just happened again. The battle reset after the last thrust. So, instead of having 6 energy points after the first now I have only two energy points left after having to rebattle the same gnome. And NO it's not my internet connect. And No it's not an old device.

jesslc41
03-11-18, 02:01 AM
Has anyone had a reset during the gnome man land? Every time I finish battle the gnome knight it resets and i have to rebattle the same gnome 2-3 times. Often you lose an energy point or two when this happens. 120 battles and not 50% done.....and then the many resets.....tiring.

I haven't been having any trouble with resets. At least not today.

katbtodd
03-11-18, 02:39 AM
It just happened again. The battle reset after the last thrust. So, instead of having 6 energy points after the first now I have only two energy points left after having to rebattle the same gnome. And NO it's not my internet connect. And No it's not an old device.

This was happening to me to with a lot of lost energy we can't afford to lose .

jesslc41
03-11-18, 02:57 AM
So, have I misunderstood the timezone converter or did the planned maintenance not start when S8 said it would start (ie an hour ago)?

Edited to add: Oh now it's gone down for maintenance... Maybe the timezone converter I looked at was off by an hour

Anaboe
03-11-18, 03:35 AM
I accidentally opened the app, and started at lvl 1... Quite scary, for I'm a long time player and have been on lvl 50 for years now.

Same with dragon-story. I do hope it will be fixed when The maintenance is done. Very bad, for at best I'm loosing multiple collections...

spanisheyes1
03-11-18, 03:55 AM
This was happening to me to with a lot of lost energy we can't afford to lose .

Me also