PDA

View Full Version : Happy Lunar New Year - 2018 Feb 23 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
02-23-18, 07:46 PM
Happy Lunar New Year This is a 10 days cruise.

Find Barktholomew Chowington in your restaurant and convince him to party with you!

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42395

Cruise Guide
Refer to Cruise Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide) for more information.

Cruise Day
This cruise uses Set C in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83244-Cruise-Event-Guide&p=1343792&viewfull=1#post1343792
- On Day 2, we'll know if Set A is being used.
- On Day 8, we'll know if it's Set B or C.

Prizes
Once you have completed all 10 days, Barktholomew Chowington will visit your restaurant every ? hours and drop you the ingredient to make the Golden Dumplings (gem recipe).

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42396

Gem Recipe

Golden Dumplings - 9 red envelope + 3 duck egg + 2 steak (Celebration Stove)

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42613

Rynetory2
02-23-18, 07:56 PM
Goals

You've got to show Barktholomew how you can celebrate! Collect Paper Lanterns from the General Store and cook up some limited timed Lunar New Year fare!

Goal 1: The Year of the Dog
Unlock Paper Lanterns
Serve Auspicious Fish! x1
Win a Chinese Lattice Divider from Day 2 of the Lunar New Year Cruise
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 3 Red Lanterns

Goal 2
Master Auspicious Fish to Star Level 1
Serve Prosperous Spring Rolls x1
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 1 Mastery Spice

Goal 3
Master Auspicious Fish to Star Level 2
Master Prosperous Spring Rolls to Star Level 1
Serve Golden Dumplings x1
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 2 Year of the Dog Scroll

Limited Time Recipes

Auspicious Fish - 6 paper lantern + 6 tomato (Diner Stove)
Prosperous Spring Rolls - 8 paper lantern + 8 egg (Diner Oven)

masteru for both recipes is 5/10/15

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42400

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42423

Paul__
02-24-18, 12:55 PM
The Barktholomew Chowington prize is one of the best designs yet. I also like this new thing with the special ingredient. Only wish that we could get all new decorations... I mean the new Year of the Dog Scroll is a start....

JustKay
02-28-18, 02:46 PM
Don't you mean year of the dog?

Am loving how achievable this event is. The goals are not so hard and the requirements for level 1 and 2 on the special dishes are doable.

Paul__
02-28-18, 03:52 PM
Don't you mean year of the dog?

Am loving how achievable this event is. The goals are not so hard and the requirements for level 1 and 2 on the special dishes are doable.

Yeah, but it’s now fixed.

Paul__
03-01-18, 10:55 PM
Goals

You've got to show Barktholomew how you can celebrate! Collect Paper Lanterns from the General Store and cook up some limited timed Lunar New Year fare!

Goal 1: The Year of the Dog
Unlock Paper Lanterns
Serve Auspicious Fish! x1
Win a Chinese Lattice Divider from Day 2 of the Lunar New Year Cruise
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 3 Red Lanterns

Goal 2
Master Auspicious Fish to Star Level 1
Serve Prosperous Spring Rolls x1
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 1 Mastery Spice

Goal 3
Master Auspicious Fish to Star Level 2
Master Prosperous Spring Rolls to Star Level 1
Serve Golden Dumplings x1
REWARD: 1,000 coins, 2 Year of the Dog Scroll

Limited Time Recipes

Auspicious Fish - 6 paper lantern + 6 tomato (Diner Stove)
Prosperous Spring Rolls - 8 paper lantern + 8 egg (Diner Oven)

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42400

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42423

masteru for both recipes is 5/10/15

Paul__
03-02-18, 01:43 PM
Also, for day 8, it looks like we get 4 Golden stamps! I like this better than getting gold stamps for day 6 and 8 since we get more different prizes. And at the end of the goal we get more prizes, decorations, which is good.

Rynetory2
03-05-18, 04:28 AM
Did you like this cruise? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Rynetory2
03-05-18, 04:35 AM
Love the design of Barktholomew Chowington, adorable name and design. The designers did a great job with this. The gem and limited recipes look good and it's really nice to have some new recipes to cook. Not too thrilled about the paper lanterns as prizes and I guess it was to help us to master the limited time recipes. I rather other prizes instead of things we could buy from shops, maybe throw in some styles as prizes. Glad to see an increase in gold stamps. Overall, a very enjoyable cruise! :D

Paul__
03-05-18, 05:17 AM
Love the design of Barktholomew Chowington, adorable name and design. The designers did a great job with this. The gem and limited recipes look good and it's really nice to have some new recipes to cook. Not too thrilled about the paper lanterns as prizes and I guess it was to help us to master the limited time recipes. I rather other prizes instead of things we could buy from shops, maybe throw in some styles as prizes. Glad to see an increase in gold stamps. Overall, a very enjoyable cruise! :D
Agreed! Maybe we could of won the lanterns from part 2 of the goal? Would of been cool as you said if they included styles because the limited time styles in the market now cost a lot of gems and also NEW decorations. But I’m happy that we at least got the year of the dog scroll decoration which I believe is the first NEW decoration in a year.

workingitout
03-05-18, 02:07 PM
I would have liked the visiting character to have been Chinese rather than a dog. This game likes to utilize other cultures for the events but never uses a person from that culture to visit the restaurants.

Carbuck
03-05-18, 08:01 PM
I would have liked the visiting character to have been Chinese rather than a dog. This game likes to utilize other cultures for the events but never uses a person from that culture to visit the restaurants.

I totally agree!!

Carbuck
03-05-18, 08:05 PM
Looks like it’s taking more than 4 1/2 hours for the character to come and give the red envelope in my restaurant. Anyone else experiencing this kind of timeframe?

Rynetory2
03-05-18, 08:19 PM

I like the dog but I also like your idea of the native character. The more the merrier to have diversity of our global community. :)

Paul__
03-05-18, 08:46 PM
I like the dog but I also like your idea of the native character. The more the merrier to have diversity of our global community. :)

I like the dog better because it symbolizes the “Year of the Dog” better.

Carbuck
03-05-18, 09:43 PM

I don’t think we have an Asian looking character from the cruises. There have been missed opportunities in regards to this.

I must admit that Chow.... is a cute character.

When it comes to real characters more diversity is needed here.

Paul__
03-07-18, 07:07 AM
I really enjoyed this cruise. I'm so glad that we finally got some new content with the quest and Year of the Dog Poster. Hopefully we can continue to get interesting quests and more new decorations. The recipes look great and the dog at the end is one of my favorites. My favorite part of this character is how he looks he is eating. The character is very unique compared to just having a generic character from the Chinese culture. I'm also really glad that the recipe doesn't use Turbinado Sugar or European Butter. Only thing that I didn't like about this cruise is that most of the decorations won in the cruise are from the previous Chinese New Year event. Keep up the good work, Storm8! :)

tromalyt
03-07-18, 11:49 AM
Chow is not coming to my restaurant. I finished the cruise 36 hours ago and I only have 1 Red envelope.

Is this normal? How often does he come?

tromalyt
03-07-18, 11:50 AM
Looks like it’s taking more than 4 1/2 hours for the character to come and give the red envelope in my restaurant. Anyone else experiencing this kind of timeframe?

He only came once to my restaurant. I believe there is something wrong with this.

We need more input from other players.

Paul__
03-07-18, 11:57 AM
Chow is not coming to my restaurant. I finished the cruise 36 hours ago and I only have 1 Red envelope.

He only came once to my restaurant. I believe there is something wrong with this.

We need more input from other players.

If you've won other cruises in the past make sure to collect from all of the characters you won (and also collect from Lani, Cid, and the Gardener). All the characters seem to come in at the same time and if you don't collect from them they will keep coming back every few minutes. If that still doesn't work force close the app or restart your device.

ZumFredi
03-07-18, 11:58 AM
I finished the cruise two days ago and I have six envelopes til now. He comes every 5 houses to my restaurant.

Destiel0918
03-07-18, 04:44 PM
Oh... I guess I will miss the stamps then. For me he has just visited me TWICE....and I have only 2 days left to finish the stamp goal and serve the gem meal - sucks.

Paul__
03-07-18, 06:39 PM
Oh... I guess I will miss the stamps then. For me he has just visited me TWICE....and I have only 2 days left to finish the stamp goal and serve the gem meal - sucks.

The thing you get at the end of the side goals is 2 Dog Scroll Decorations (25 gems each) instead of stamps. A tip to get him to visit more is to always collect from your other special characters first.

Rynetory2
03-07-18, 08:03 PM

Visit another restaurant to get him to visit. Make sure you have plenty of tables and chairs in your restaurant so you wont miss his visits.

Rynetory2
03-07-18, 08:06 PM
The thing you get at the end of the side goals is 2 Dog Scroll Decorations (25 gems each) instead of stamps. A tip to get him to visit more is to always collect from your other special characters first.

For your information, his visits are fixed at intervals. He wont come more often but you can make sure you collect from all NPCs so you wont miss his visits. When you start your game for the first time in the morning, the NPCs come in batches for those who have many NPCs from past cruises. The next batch will come after you clear the first batch. Afterwhich they each will visit at their next respective intervals. Hope this clarifies.

Paul__
03-07-18, 09:08 PM
For your information, his visits are fixed at intervals. He wont come more often but you can make sure you collect from all NPCs so you wont miss his visits. When you start your game for the first time in the morning, the NPCs come in batches for those who have many NPCs from past cruises. The next batch will come after you clear the first batch. Afterwhich they each will visit at their next respective intervals. Hope this clarifies.

Sorry. Thats what I meant.

hungryres
03-07-18, 09:33 PM
i dunno if i am imaging things, or if that's true.

before generally when you finish a new cruise, new character usually comes first (before previous special characters) , but that's not the case this time. to my feeling, Chow comes a lot late than other characters.
this is tiring, and difficult to collect from him when u have many characters from before. and those characters might stop after a couple of turns(open door), and usually i have to visit other restaurants, or close the game and start to wait for Chow. annoying when u actually do not have much time to play the game to collect from character but you have to serve the first special dish earned from the cruise.

Paul__
03-08-18, 12:42 PM
i dunno if i am imaging things, or if that's true.

before generally when you finish a new cruise, new character usually comes first (before previous special characters) , but that's not the case this time. to my feeling, Chow comes a lot late than other characters.
this is tiring, and difficult to collect from him when u have many characters from before. and those characters might stop after a couple of turns(open door), and usually i have to visit other restaurants, or close the game and start to wait for Chow. annoying when u actually do not have much time to play the game to collect from character but you have to serve the first special dish earned from the cruise.

Yeah, he seems to come in last for me too. Make sure to collect from your other characters or they’ll keep coming back and back.

Rynetory2
03-16-18, 10:02 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.