PDA

View Full Version : Ground Squirrel - 2018 Feb 20

Rynetory2
02-20-18, 07:46 PM
Ground Squirrel - new creature
More information on Ground Squirrel (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1494354&viewfull=1#post1494354) in Creatures Guide.

Ground Squirrel

Element: Dark, Earth
Rarity: Common
Cost: 400 gems

I got with knitten kitten and crystal unicorn

miadoubled
02-20-18, 08:20 PM
Do you by chance have an egg picture? I got a 5hr with the two but the egg doesnt look like i thought it would. Theres nothing else with the two elements used right??

MystiqueRealm
02-20-18, 08:23 PM
Do you by chance have an egg picture? I got a 5hr with the two but the egg doesnt look like i thought it would. Theres nothing else with the two elements used right??

Both dusk ox and ground squirrel are 5 hours, both are dark/earth

Rynetory2
02-20-18, 08:56 PM

Sorry I dont have the egg yet. But I will post if I get or see it or others will when they do. I'm afraid you got a Dusk Ox. :( Keep trying and good luck! :)

(just realised we are neighbours lol)

BiggerBubbles
02-21-18, 12:06 AM
Sorry I dont have the egg yet. But I will post if I get or see it or others will when they do. I'm afraid you got a Dusk Ox. :( Keep trying and good luck! :)

(just realised we are neighbours lol)

I think I have it but not sure how to post it. I have an iPad Pro and I have taken a screenshot.

judyandthecat
02-21-18, 02:23 AM
I think I have it but not sure how to post it. I have an iPad Pro and I have taken a screenshot.

I hope this is the five hour egg that I got with knitten kitten and crystal unicorn

MystiqueRealm
02-21-18, 02:34 AM
I hope this is the five hour egg that I got with knitten kitten and crystal unicorn

That's it, congratulations!

Rynetory2
02-21-18, 02:48 AM

Click the the last 3rd icon on the toolbar of Quick Reply box where you type a post. Click from computer tab and upload.

Congrats and thanks Judy. Added with credits to you.

Rynetory2
02-21-18, 02:49 AM
My first try was unsuccessful. I hope this common squirrel doesn't turn out to be uncommon. Good luck everyone. :)

judyandthecat
02-21-18, 03:58 AM
Click the the last 3rd icon on the toolbar of Quick Reply box where you type a post. Click from computer tab and upload.

Congrats and thanks Judy. Added with credits to you.

No one ever has to give me credits...I just play and share.
But thank you rynetory2...love all your guides
So is there three commons in this colour group?
Racmoon
Dusk Ox
And the Squirrel

Rynetory2
02-21-18, 06:59 AM
No one ever has to give me credits...I just play and share.
But thank you rynetory2...love all your guides
So is there three commons in this colour group?
Racmoon
Dusk Ox
And the Squirrel

Thanks and glad that you like them. You know me, I like to credit members because the guides belong to us all - the community and great to see everyone pitching in. :o

Yes there are 6 possible breeds for Dark + Earth (listed under Dark or Earth creatures chapters in Creatures Guide) and those 3 are the common ones. Dusk Ox is the only one with the same breeding time. Wish me luck haha. Just wish the fails arent soooooo loooong lol.

miadoubled
02-21-18, 08:39 AM
Got it on my third try, first was a dusk ox (which i totally forgot about) ,racmoon and then my ground squirrel. Good luck to you all. Im glad i can get commons bc i cant ever everrr have luck on limiteds.

Shewolf1953
02-21-18, 03:19 PM
Just finished Chapter 1 and figured I would start trying for the Ground Squirrel as I always have trouble breeding these commons when needed...wouldn’t you know I got it first time around using Racmoon and Gargolem...now it can sit on my second nest until Chapter 6 when I need it!42323

BiggerBubbles
02-21-18, 03:37 PM

That is exactly what I had tried to do, lots of times. I even tried to send it to you in a private msg. That was the correct egg. I think taking a screenshot may be in the wrong format for posting.

G4OU812
02-21-18, 04:29 PM
First try a Dusk Ox, second not sure but it was north of 10-11 hours. This is going to fun.

josep0217
02-21-18, 06:56 PM
Got it on my third try with skyger +Rock Rhino.:D

CaRee215
02-22-18, 02:06 AM
No you can hatch, place, feed, evolve n it'll auto complete, who tells players they have to leave it on nest, ALWAYS WORKED FOR EVERY STORYBOOK. I'VE BEEN PLAYING N DOING THAT SINCE HANSEL AND GRETEL STORYBOOK. how that helps

Latoyab211
02-22-18, 02:10 AM
Just finished Chapter 1 and figured I would start trying for the Ground Squirrel as I always have trouble breeding these commons when needed...wouldn?t you know I got it first time around using Racmoon and Gargolem...now it can sit on my second nest until Chapter 6 when I need it!42323

Thanks for combo, it worked for me on first try. BTW, you don't have to leave on nest, it will automatically count.

Rynetory2
02-22-18, 02:12 AM
That is exactly what I had tried to do, lots of times. I even tried to send it to you in a private msg. That was the correct egg. I think taking a screenshot may be in the wrong format for posting.

If you're on iOS, some iOS version 9 and 10 I think, requires you to trim the photo and save the photo before you upload. Hope this helps. Send me a pm if you have more questions, we'll talk further.

Rynetory2
02-22-18, 02:16 AM
I just got it using Racmoon and Gargolem after several attempts. :)

dextrin05
02-22-18, 03:26 AM
Got it on 3rd try with racmoon and crystal unicorn

lintupien
02-22-18, 05:55 AM
Got it with Obsidian Cyclops and Noble Canard after an Armordillo fail.

NannaSherry
02-22-18, 07:12 AM
I got it with Gargolem and Smitten Kitten. And I never seem to breed successfully when needed. Although I have to thank Storm 8 for making them commons. That is so much nicer than a rare.

AppieP
02-22-18, 10:54 AM
9 and 5 hour timers but still doesn't have it.

heyyou0123
02-22-18, 12:25 PM
Have problems breading this common, keep geting rare n super, during leaderboard and super rare required for wuest we always get common, tale animal quest out we only breed rare??? Better not feeds any until breed this common

thaon92
02-22-18, 07:33 PM
I got it 2nd try using Crystal Unicorn and Pygmy Giraffe.

LauraGSJK
02-23-18, 02:37 AM
Thank you, everyone, that has posted helpful information. I really appreciate you. Good luck to everyone who hasn't bred the ground squirrel yet. :)

AppieP
02-23-18, 12:19 PM
Got it during the chapter "breed with Sea Lion". Breed it with Rock Rhino. After 6 attempts.

25aww
02-24-18, 03:51 AM
I got it also with Sea Lion+Rock Rhino .... 1st try
Good luck to all :)

heyyou0123
02-24-18, 05:54 AM
Breed a tons already but still can not get it, reason because there are so many common animal after each tale not remove. I may not finish this tale

Penguin2016
02-24-18, 07:33 AM
I haven’t managed to get one yet, which is worrisome since I need it by tomorrow. I like the looks of this one too :( I guess it’s time to start the debate with myself about whether it’s worth spending the 75 gems to skip that part to win this storybook :( I don’t particularly care about the last two anim,as but I DO want the Beauy and the runes.

G4OU812
02-24-18, 08:33 AM
For a common, this one sucks not to have it by now. This is just like the Dusk Ox last time which I couldn't get until it was too late.

cherrycastleorchard
02-24-18, 11:06 PM
Have problems breading this common, keep geting rare n super, during leaderboard and super rare required for wuest we always get common, tale animal quest out we only breed rare??? Better not feeds any until breed this common

Can?t get it either so not feeding if I cannot finish. Might just give tales a miss from now on.

Penguin2016
02-25-18, 01:53 PM
STILL can’t get this one. On the plus side, I did manage to hatch my first Pygmy giraffe.

Alimedea
02-25-18, 03:26 PM
STILL can?t get this one. On the plus side, I did manage to hatch my first Pygmy giraffe.

Hah! I'm in the same boat. I've been trying since day 1 (Thank you all who post the chapters telling us what we need) and all I'm getting are racmoons (5), pygmy giraffes (Yay! I didn't have one but now I have 2) and a gargolem. Now there's a 13 hour breeding. Not sure what it is. Only it's not what I'm looking for at the moment. Aaarrrgh, you're ****ing me S8 :mad:. I thought the squirrel was a common.

G4OU812
02-25-18, 04:08 PM
Finally have it when I need it. I'm just starting the Act today and just bred it waiting for it to hatch then go from there.

Forgot to mention that I used a Racmoon and Dream Bat. I used other combos before but switched to that one to get the Ground Squirrel.

deadpixel
02-26-18, 08:13 AM
Got it at last with Racmoon and Dream Bat, 3/4 of a day late but breeding this was the biggest hurdle to get over. Now it’s just a mad race to catch up.

Penguin2016
02-26-18, 07:16 PM
Ok, I finally got it! AND I have an eight hour timer with water/earth now. Can it be?!

septangl29
02-27-18, 05:43 AM
During the last tournament I never got the Dusk Ox. I literally just got it a couple of days ago while trying to breed the ground squirrel. To date, I’ve gotten 3 dream bats, 2 raccoons, and 3 Dusk Ox’s. I’ve tried all breeding combos listed here and find it very frustrating.

frogtwin
05-10-18, 09:27 PM
I bred the seagull with the noble canard for 5 hours and got a ground squirrel!
I was hopping for some thing new.

manduhcakez
10-24-18, 03:11 PM
I was going for Fire Glider or Daredevil when I set Skeledeer and Pyro Pony to breed and instead got Ground Squirrel. Which is ok since I didn?t have him yet but how strange... wasn?t expecting that egg...Lol

Rynetory2
10-25-18, 12:19 AM
I was going for Fire Glider or Daredevil when I set Skeledeer and Pyro Pony to breed and instead got Ground Squirrel. Which is ok since I didn?t have him yet but how strange... wasn?t expecting that egg...Lol

Welcome to the forum. :)

Special element like Spooky have hidden elements so they tend to throw in a surprise element when breeding. It's better to use the basic elements for breeding when you are aiming for something specific, i.e. use only Fire and Electric combo without special elements in this case.

Rynetory2
05-09-19, 03:29 PM
Ground Squirrel - existing creature
More information on Ground Squirrel (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1494354&viewfull=1#post1494354) in Creatures Guide.

Ground Squirrel

Element: Dark, Earth
Rarity: Common
Cost: 400 gems

Note: Existing Ground Squirrel counts for Going Nuts goals.

oficeandfire
05-10-19, 12:36 PM
I wish this was a new breedable creature 😑

deadpixel
05-10-19, 12:51 PM
The new breedable creature is not new; they reused the Ground Squirle and did not even bother to force us to rebreed it like in the previous events. You're awarded all the points if you already have it and have raised it :mad:

It's no longer a slow slide; it's beginning to feel like a downward spiral at high speed :blue:

mymonta
05-10-19, 12:56 PM
I'm glad I didn't have to rebreed it. :) This will make it easier for more people to reach the final milestone by having a lot of points right aff the bat. But, yes, I wish we had a new animal to breed for.

Ugh! Sure, I say that, but it turns out I still need to breed. Ground Squirrel was so common that I sold off the one I had on my old account knowing that I could rebreed one if room opened up, and my baby account doesn't have one yet. So only 1 account has a GS.

PuntaMita
05-15-19, 08:02 PM
I just bred Ground Squirrel after trying non stop since the event began. I sold mine, making room and usually have them popping up on the regular. Evolving to 4 and out he goes! I will be able to reach the Peacock but that's about it. Geez...