PDA

View Full Version : New Dragon Codex!

Pages : [1] 2 3

FlatFoot
02-16-18, 01:21 PM
New Dragon Codex!

The Dragon Codex is an excellent way to keep track of your dragon collection! Use it to see what dragons you have and which you want to obtain next. By using a dragon's Essence, you can craft nearly any dragon available in the game! Update to version 2.8 to experience this new update. As for our Android players, you finally have that album you've always wanted ;P

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/xaRVMpBsusX3Y81/upload.png

Almost every dragon can be found and created with enough Essence from the Codex!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/W1FDYKsYva43fx1/codexCraft_02.png

Essence: To attact the new dragons you're looking to collect to your Island you'll need some Essence. When a caretaker and dragon develop a bond, the Essence of that love stays behind even if the dragon leaves to see other parts of the world and help other caretakers with their islands. New dragons will be attracted to the amount of Essence left behind and want to join you on your Island.

To part ways with a dragon a caretaker will head over to the Dragon Portal (previously Trade Portal) and send them off onto their own adventure. The dragon will leave the caretaker and Island but leave behind some Essence. You can then go to the Codex, select a new dragon, and if you have enough Essence, craft it!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/YSRPAFfqxurY107/upload.png

I hope the Codex allow each and everyone of you to obtain the dragons you've always wanted!

All the best,

Flatfoot

kooky panda
02-16-18, 03:06 PM
Extra Information:

List by category (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103219-New-Dragon-Codex!&p=1569631&viewfull=1#post1569631)

Habitats that can now be crafted!!

Five Peaks

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102039-Five-Peaks-Habitat-(-Can-now-Craft)

Shimmering Shoal

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103602-Shimming-Shoal-Habitat

Destiny Delta

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103603-Destiny-Delta-Habitat-(Craft)

You can now find out if a Permanent dragon is breedable. Check the Codex!!

Elsa;1496885']Please refer to the Codex for information on if a Dragon is breedable/unbreedable. It's the heart icon in the top right corner of the card when you tap on the Dragon. :)

Currently, you can only get one of non- breedable dragons, through craft. However, for breedable Dragons you can always breed dupes.

Android link for update:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon

The Album is being replaced by the Codex and Android is getting the Codex as well.

Elsa;1494362']It's slowly rolling out so you should see it roll out to all players over the next few days.

A Dragon's Essence Goal:

Collect Essence from a level 4 dragon
( send Dragon through the Dragon Portal)
Reward 100 Essence

Choose your Dragon

Create a dragon from the Codex
(Use essence to create a new design)
Reward 100 Essence

wjg59
02-20-18, 02:42 PM
2.8 isn’t available, 2.7 is still in the app store

The1stCaretaker
02-20-18, 03:50 PM
Woh this looks really cool. Nice job

cat_chick10
02-20-18, 03:59 PM
I don't know if I 100% understand this, but it sounds super cool!

71smoky
02-20-18, 04:10 PM
What about the gems and the gem dragons. Are they still going to be available and what about using the gems you have not used yet? Are you still going to be able to use them?

71smoky
02-20-18, 04:14 PM
Do i understand correctly that android will have the album and the codex or only the album?

FlatFoot
02-20-18, 04:16 PM
Do i understand correctly that android will have the album and the codex or only the album?

The Album is being replaced by the Codex and Android is getting the Codex as well.

CranberryMil
02-20-18, 05:56 PM
New Dragon Codex!

The Dragon Codex is an excellent way to keep track of your dragon collection! Use it to see what dragons you have and which you want to obtain next. By using a dragon's Essence, you can craft nearly any dragon available in the game! Update to version 2.8 to experience this new update. As for our Android players, you finally have that album you've always wanted ;P

Flatfoot

Its like Xmas and my Bday fused togheter, sound great !

athena238
02-20-18, 06:02 PM
I was just wondering why I dont have the dragon essence on my wall, I have the codex in the bottom of my screen but when I press it nothing happens.

skyharbor602
02-20-18, 06:17 PM
I don't have version 2.8 in the play store either. Was it released today or do us Androiders have to wait til Friday?

The1stCaretaker
02-20-18, 06:43 PM
No update on Android for me yet either

orleansparish
02-20-18, 07:09 PM
This looks awesome! Even if I don?t know what it is yet. Because there are four diamond dragons I?m still trying to breed. And it?s been an annoying five years!!!

[S8] Elsa
02-20-18, 07:10 PM
I don't have version 2.8 in the play store either. Was it released today or do us Androiders have to wait til Friday?

It's slowly rolling out so you should see it roll out to all players over the next few days.

theone2001
02-20-18, 08:08 PM
What happens to people that need 2 small rubies to complete dragon tales???????????????????

skyharbor602
02-20-18, 09:13 PM
Elsa;1494362']It's slowly rolling out so you should see it roll out to all players over the next few days.

Oh ok. Thanks Elsa!

harobeda
02-20-18, 10:17 PM
I don’t seem to have it yet- but did notice that trading a dragon takes 24 hours now instead of 6. Really?? And 144 gold to speed up. Ludicrous. From the description I like the idea of this- just annoying details.

31aug2002
02-20-18, 10:47 PM
Wow !! A wonderful update and new feature. If I understand correctly, we can now craft any dragon that is available in the market . Even the Non breedable ones?

Will have to try this and see how it works out.

JustKay
02-20-18, 10:52 PM
I don’t seem to have it yet- but did notice that trading a dragon takes 24 hours now instead of 6. Really?? And 144 gold to speed up. Ludicrous. From the description I like the idea of this- just annoying details.

I don't doubt that this is about getting money from those players that absolutely must have a complete collection, but I do think this is a good feature that will will hopefully allow people to fully enjoy the full roster behind dragon story... even if it takes forever and a lot of food (am willing to bet that food (via levels) play into forming that bond!). at least there's a goal worth working towards. maybe I'll find a dragon I really wanted once upon a time.

I was actually about to come to the forum to announce that I'm giving up on most of the intensive game events (arena, tales, world events, etc), and just going to play to collect gold and leaderboard trophies (maybe until my food millions stockpile gets run down)... but now with this new feature am not sure >_< wait and see what this new feature is about :D

deadpixel
02-20-18, 11:31 PM
Great job upgrading the Album to a very useful Codex.

I love the way you have the dragons sorted by their elements and that if there are multiple dragons of a single type, the codex groups them together. It's also useful that we can view the details of every one of them individually from the Codex instead of having to seek them out in their habitats. This upgrade makes the searching of dragons for high-level players so much more convenient.

Some suggestions for improvement:

The dragons should be sorted alphabetically in their elemental groups
It would be nice if you included the dragon's location in its description
When we exit from viewing a dragon type that we have more than one of, the Codex jumps back to the top of the list. It should stay at the last dragon type viewed. We don't see this problem if we only have one dragon of that type.
Dragons in the Stable show up in the Codex but their details do not appear when we tap on them

Now that I can clearly see the duplicates that I have, the Dragon Portal is going to be busy for the next few weeks.

random59
02-21-18, 01:02 AM
Is there a graph for essence yet, traded a Artemis which is 10 essence so if I want to craft a dragon which needs 400 essence it will take me 40 days of non stop trading!

My question is, do we get more essence for Rare, Super Rare and Ultra Rare or is it 10 per day?

chloesisland
02-21-18, 01:14 AM
Is there a graph for essence yet, traded a Artemis which is 10 essence so if I want to craft a dragon which needs 400 essence it will take me 40 days of non stop trading!

My question is, do we get more essence for Rare, Super Rare and Ultra Rare or is it 10 per day?
A Diamond dragon will earn you 100 essence.

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-21-18, 01:31 AM

1 for single colour common
2 for common
10 for rare
40 for super rare
100 for ultra rare

random59
02-21-18, 02:49 AM
A Diamond dragon will earn you 100 essence.

Thanks

random59
02-21-18, 02:50 AM
1 for single colour common
2 for common
10 for rare
40 for super rare
100 for ultra rare

Is the trading time the same?

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-21-18, 04:18 AM
Is the trading time the same?

I don't think so. I got 20 hours for a rare, just like you. But i believe i saw someone else saying a fire dragon took 12 hours. So maybe the rarer, the longer? I cant verify that yet though.

31aug2002
02-21-18, 05:59 AM
I got 24 hrs for social dragon . So I think there is different time for different Dragon’s , depending on its rarity.
A very good feature to get the ultra rares. Though it will take one forever to trade and get essences. But then doesn’t it take forever to get them as it is. I have been pplaying for almost 2 years and am on lvl 169 and have now managed to breed the Diamond dragon.
At least this way we are assured of getting the dragon we want ( unless the developers decide to withdraw the feature).

So happy trading and crafting to all

PrincessCouture2014
02-21-18, 06:22 AM

Super cool!!! such an honor!! the album which used to award players for getting dragons by giving dragons is now given to us, the android players as a trade portal. Woww!!! So very generous and great of s8!! Actually not!! I hope i won't be unable to play my game like it usually happens when I speak the truth and tell u guys what needs to be said.

Other than the drum-roll-required special mention of android players I feel the new change kind of exciting. Let's see where u guys take us n leave us

PrincessCouture2014
02-21-18, 06:23 AM
Thanks

is it on already??

cat_chick10
02-21-18, 06:28 AM
Just to confirm, if I send my dragon through this thing, will I get it back?

amerirish
02-21-18, 06:29 AM
Will previously "untradeable" dragons (like Greek) now be able to give essence?

sipland
02-21-18, 06:32 AM
This update was in the App Store:

I think this is a very cool new feature! Thank you Flatfoot and team!

sipland
02-21-18, 06:39 AM

tinkyw1nky
02-21-18, 07:26 AM
I doubt it. If that were true I could spam trade fire dragons and get anything I wanted. Although admittedly that would be really annoying and I probably would not actually do it

amerirish
02-21-18, 07:51 AM

That's great, thanks! I have an extra Greek and Mystic that have been hanging out in the Stable waiting for this :D

ETA: I also have a bunch of duplicates in storage so it'll be cool to clear some of those out to collect essence. The only beef I have with this is all the extra food I'm going to be using. They really really really need to up the harvest amounts or give us better options to produce more food.

summersalt
02-21-18, 08:32 AM
I don?t seem to have it yet- but did notice that trading a dragon takes 24 hours now instead of 6. Really?? And 144 gold to speed up. Ludicrous. From the description I like the idea of this- just annoying details.
Trading a leaf dragon takes 16 hours!!!!!! Are u kidding ?? breed and evo time is 6 houts. At least be consistent with that. Is it a random timer or what? Here we go with the "wonderful update" downfalls. And it was for 2...just two essence . Lmbo. Come on guys! Smh. A few months of trading for a gemstone drahon we almost had. Why did you not trade our gems for essence?? Im so frustrated with these changes.

summersalt
02-21-18, 08:34 AM
I doubt it. If that were true I could spam trade fire dragons and get anything I wanted. Although admittedly that would be really annoying and I probably would not actually do it
annoying neo bubbles would be excellent to trade. I've sold thousands for pennies.
But I doubt you will be 'spam trading" So good luck with that thought. it appears it will be 12 hours per trade for just a fire and that wouuld be a single essence . Hatch time certainly doesnt equal trade time. That would be 4800 hours of trading fire dragons to get 400 essence. That's 200 days. If u didn't waste a single minute of trading. Lolllll. And I got 16 hours for a common leaf dragon giving 2 essence woohoooo. It's so funny to see how excited some of y'all are without knowing anything.

summersalt
02-21-18, 08:38 AM
Oh my why would you trade that? I'll take it!!

cat_chick10
02-21-18, 08:47 AM
I have to say, I quite like this Codex as a way to organize which dragons I have and don't have. As someone else suggested though, it would be great to have alphabetical order within the colours!

summersalt
02-21-18, 08:52 AM

I'm way to scared to update during tales. I'll check for that later. Although I can trade for essence already. I have an android.

KevinW07
02-21-18, 09:05 AM
Wow, so glad I didn't sell off all the duplicate Diamond types I got from a previous Diamond Temple boost. Have eight of them plus a spare Nouveau that I hadn't yet sold off! Now, they will all come in super handy! Thanks DS! :-)

AwesomeChefDad
02-21-18, 09:21 AM
I traded something today and noticed that the essence was given. What I dont care for is now instead of taking 6 hrs to trade it was something like 16 hrs.

The LAST thing players want is longer and longer and longer times...this game keeps making things longer and longer. I dont like that.

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 09:51 AM
I traded something today and noticed that the essence was given. What I dont care for is now instead of taking 6 hrs to trade it was something like 16 hrs.

I understand where you're coming from, but remember that previously trading dragons only allowed you to make around 10 dragons that had been around since 2013 or so from specific dragons in your collection with some random chance of drops. Now you can disenchant any dragon to create almost any dragon you want from the full library of over 1,000 dragons with a guarenteed rate of return.

adekil40
02-21-18, 10:12 AM
This is a useful update in particular to see how many duplicate dragons I have. What I would also like to see next is a dragon locator as I am always clicking through habitats trying to find the required dragon in tasks

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 10:16 AM
This is a useful update in particular to see how many duplicate dragons I have. What I would also like to see next is a dragon locator as I am always clicking through habitats trying to find the required dragon in tasks

I'm working with the team to see if this is something we can incorporate into the Codex in a future update.

AnnirasSweets
02-21-18, 10:36 AM
While this has nice possibilities, I'll admit I'm still smarting that I spent so much time and food on yet another thing that is now useless in DS. It would've been super nice if we could have kept our gemstones (that we already raised and traded dragons for) and diluted those down to essences.

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 10:40 AM
While this has nice possibilities, I'll admit I'm still smarting that I spent so much time and food on yet another thing that is now useless in DS. It would've been super nice if we could have kept our gemstones (that we already raised and traded dragons for) and diluted those down to essences.

All gemstones remain within player inventories, they're just not viewable right now. We are investigating ways to utilize them for the future.

MajicHearts
02-21-18, 10:44 AM
Just to confirm, if I send my dragon through this thing, will I get it back?

Posting this question (again) for an answer...thanks

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 10:46 AM
Posting this question (again) for an answer...thanks

No, the dragon leaves permanently to help out other Islands across the world. The Essence they leave behind is a token of their memory and time spent with you.

summersalt
02-21-18, 10:57 AM
What happens to people that need 2 small rubies to complete dragon tales???????????????????

Reposting this question
I have the gems to complete tales thankfully. But I would be awfully sad if i couldn't finish tales because of the update. Can u answer these folks?

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 11:07 AM
Reposting this question
I have the gems to complete tales thankfully. But I would be awfully sad if i couldn't finish tales because of the update. Can u answer these folks?

The current Dragon Tales event should not be affected. Players at that stage of the event will be able to continue.

MajicHearts
02-21-18, 11:34 AM
No, the dragon leaves permanently to help out other Islands across the world. The Essence they leave behind is a token of their memory and time spent with you.

Thanks!

savage_mel
02-21-18, 11:38 AM
Can someone explain to me how the codex is organized? I know by type, but once you get into the type you?re looking at, they don?t seem to be alphabetical and I can?t see any other rhyme or reason

savage_mel
02-21-18, 11:40 AM
I love this idea btw! A little more organized than the Album. I just wish there was a ?find? option so you can find where in the park your dragons are. After 5+ years and hundreds of dragons I can no longer keep track....

Nuicakes
02-21-18, 12:17 PM
Not sure if this is a glitch or whether this should be in a different thread.

I traded a spare March Mayhem and got a popup letting me know that it was my only dragon of that type. I do have a second March Mayhem, also a level 4 but I change all dragon names to easily identify types and spares.

Has anyone else received a similar popup?

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 12:29 PM

I traded a spare March Mayhem and got a popup letting me know that it was my only dragon of that type. I do have a second March Mayhem, also a level 4 but I change all dragon names to easily identify types and spares.

Hrm, we created that functionality to warn users before sending off their last of any given dragon. I wonder if your other dragon is in the Stables and causing the message to pop-up prematurely. Thank you for bringing this up. I will PM you to continue this conversation as to not derail the thread.

graovac
02-21-18, 12:31 PM
I'm working with the team to see if this is something we can incorporate into the Codex in a future update.

It would be nice to 'unhide' those gemstones from inventory and replace them with equivalent potion count. Puting them under the carpet like 'hidden' is not the way to go, honestly...

amerirish
02-21-18, 12:47 PM
Oh my why would you trade that? I'll take it!!

It's a duplicate :D I would give it to you if I could. I don't keep duplicates.

amerirish
02-21-18, 12:52 PM
FlatFoot: you've been so upfront and forthcoming answering all our questions and I thank you for that. I do like this new system for the most part, but I am very concerned that this is one more feature that is going to be a drain on our food stores. Other than land space, I think the low yielding crops is the biggest challenge we face as players. Can you please tell us if new ideas for crops are on the agenda in the near future?

The1stCaretaker
02-21-18, 01:04 PM
Yes better crops please. We have needed better crops for a long time now. I'm a level 200 collector and I still leave most dragons at 7 and only bring some others to 10. Never mind the high eaters and forget about bringing any besides the basic commons to 15

bozotc19
02-21-18, 01:23 PM
I am so discourage about this game. I understand it takes 160 rares to generate a high level dragon...that?s 6 months! That?s insane. It?s equivalent to the stupid expansion system which takes a month per expansion unit. And yet the game spits out about 12 dragons per month. Do the developers ever play this game?

Please note that I currently breed 2 to 3 dragons per day and yet I can only get rid of one per day with this system. I will be throwing the majority away with nothing in return. Don?t like the current system as it sits. The timer needs to be set lower for this to be useful

As an aside, does it matter what level the dragon is at when transformed? Can a level 1 dragon be used?

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 01:25 PM
FlatFoot: you've been so upfront and forthcoming answering all our questions and I thank you for that. I do like this new system for the most part, but I am very concerned that this is one more feature that is going to be a drain on our food stores. Other than land space, I think the low yielding crops is the biggest challenge we face as players. Can you please tell us if new ideas for crops are on the agenda in the near future?

Yes, discussions are being had about crops and their yield but I cannot promise anything at this time. As with anything in Dragon Story, the team is aware of issues that players may have and do our best to find the best solution for all parties involved in an order that makes the most sense when we can.

The Codex feature is a major overhaul of the game that helps solidify the foundation of collecting and raising dragons. This is the first step of many towards the goal of streamlining and enhancing the core gameplay of Dragon Story. With that in mind, other features of the game may fall in line to better fit the new vision moving forward. Also remember, Android players have never had an Album before, so this is a huge leap towards game parity for them. The closer we get the two platforms together, the easier it becomes for us to develop new features simultaneously.

That's all on the subject of crops for now, please. I don't want the mods getting angry at me for derailing my own thread any further ;P I'll be happy to discuss and answer any questions regarding the Codex and dragon Essence.

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-21-18, 01:34 PM
Flatfoot, most trading times take longer than breeding times, our dragon stocks will pile up. Are these trade times set in stone or is there a possibility that they are gonna be re-evaluated? Cause otherwise i can start with selling off duplicate common dragons and possible even some rares, cause,they wont be worth it to keep around and there wont be space for them.

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 01:38 PM
Flatfoot, most trading times take longer than breeding times, our dragon stocks will pile up. Are these trade times set in stone or is there a possibility that they are gonna be re-evaluated? Cause otherwise i can start with selling off duplicate common dragons and possible even some rares, cause,they wont be worth it to keep around and there wont be space for them.

It is possible that we will lower them in the future, but please no more questions regarding that :D

chewingthecud
02-21-18, 01:47 PM
I do not know if this has been mentioned yet however it would be very nice to have our dragons in storage included in the codex dragons we have. I have over 200 in storage which I would love to see regeresting in the codex. Just a suggestion. Thank you.

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-21-18, 02:28 PM
Huh? Yesterday i traded an explorer and got 20 hours. Now i trade a tree frog and get 24 hours. Both rare, same colours, both lvl 4. What's up with that?

pod5124cra
02-21-18, 02:48 PM
This replaces the gems.
Wow something I can actually like, this codex is cool I like that I can see what dragons I need and ones I have and how many I have.
Thanks.
PS can I suggest they do the same to the decorations that are useless and the material from the mine that we were unable to use cause they take up a lot of space in storage as well. Maybe they can let us trade the junk we don't want into "essence for dragons". Just a thought.

ozigal
02-21-18, 03:02 PM
I am very impressed with this codex, so much more useful than that album. So what if it takes awhile to get the essence at least one can work towards a specific dragon. Unlike forever trying to breed a certain dragon and never attaining it. Thank you Flatfoot for taking the time to answer the many questions on this new rollout.

FireballFarm
02-21-18, 03:21 PM
I just got home and haven't had a chance to update yet (and I think I might wait till after finishing up the Tales ...), but the pics of the Codex look fantastic! We've needed something like this for ages, and I'm so pleased it has been added! I'm thrilled to have a way to keep track of my dragons (both the collected and the still-needed), all without having to exit the app. Awesome! I'm not even going to worry about figuring out the essences until I'm close to having enough for a good trade. :D

Nice work, S8! And thank you. :)

Den8137259
02-21-18, 03:38 PM
I got the update ★ and in no rush to update! Not enough land atm lol ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWl9TD8UQAAtRz5?format=jpg

baglen
02-21-18, 04:30 PM
No, if you trade it, the dragon is gone. You are trading it for 'essence' in return

The1stCaretaker
02-21-18, 04:43 PM
I do not know if this has been mentioned yet however it would be very nice to have our dragons in storage included in the codex dragons we have. I have over 200 in storage which I would love to see regeresting in the codex. Just a suggestion. Thank you.

I don't agree with that idea. It'll show you have the dragon but it's not out displayed, so you won't know if it should be hatched or not

Clark_Wayne
02-21-18, 04:52 PM
i like the codex idea. hope it is not turning into a bad joke again

Edit : i already dislike the time we need to disenchant 1 dragon : 24h is too long !! should be 6h , but at least less than 20h. and how we will do if we need small or big gems for dragons tales or gemstone hybrids ?

AnnirasSweets
02-21-18, 05:44 PM
After spending the day looking through the Codex I have a few questions.

1 - There is a Snowflake Category (between Gemstone and World) however the 2 dragons listed are Neo Aquarius (Zodiac+Blue) and Neo Pisces (Zodiac+Blue) is this an error?

2 - A lot of the dragons say hatch time 2 days, am I correct in thinking that you've rounded up anything over 24 hours to 2 days? If so, is it possible that in the future we could see the exact times instead?

3 - I see several dragons I've never heard of before such as XO, Lovestruck, Neo Pisces. They are listed as Breedable but aren't listed in our Market. Are these dragons truly breedable, is this a misprint or are these dragons future releases that will be breedable once released?

4 - Other dragons such as all Gold Producing Dragons, Raw Marble Dragons, Dynamite Dragons, Bomb Dragons, Map Dragons and Ticket Temple Dragons don't show any Essence info. Does this mean they cannot be obtained nor traded within this new system?

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-21-18, 05:55 PM
i like the codex idea. hope it is not turning into a bad joke again

Edit : i already dislike the time we need to disenchant 1 dragon : 24h is too long !! should be 6h , but at least less than 20h. and how we will do if we need small or big gems for dragons tales or gemstone hybrids ?

Events will no longer require gemstones according to flatfoot. And if by "gemstone hybrids" you mean crafting gemstone dragons through the spell shop: that option will disappear by march 6th...

serpentray
02-21-18, 06:13 PM
This a great piece of development that really helps advance the gameplay. Gems & gemstone dragons were predominantly an afterthought, and this enhanced feature allows everyone to work toward the dragons of their dreams. While I could quibble about the length of time to extract the essence (& I'm still not sure who long this takes for many of the dragons!?!), this turns a near useless feature into a core mechanic that we'll all be utilizing.

Also, thank you for making the "Ultra Rares" all consistently and truely Ultra Rare. As one of the main uses and differentiators of dragons is in the battle arena, I've always been frustrated with various unbreedable "Ultra Rare" dragons from events that don't perform as Ultra Rare in the arena. They have the "unbreedable" designation that knocks them down several notches for fighting, and it seemed misleading to make them "Ultra Rare". It's nice that trading these dragons in will actually provide full Ultra Rare +100 value. I'm now more motivated to get the unbreedable "Ultra Rare" dragons in events!

While much feedback is negative in these forums (and most games), positive enhancements like this that make the player experience better should be acknowledged. Kudos to the Storm8 team on this one!!

-Serpentray

chloesisland
02-21-18, 06:26 PM
On this new codex album I see a Neo Pisces under Zodiac dragons. Is this a new dragon?

FlatFoot
02-21-18, 07:02 PM
On this new codex album I see a Neo Pisces under Zodiac dragons. Is this a new dragon?

Whoopsie-daisy... You saw nothing :D

savage_mel
02-21-18, 07:15 PM
Can someone explain to me how the codex is organized? I know by type, but once you get into the type you?re looking at, they don?t seem to be alphabetical and I can?t see any other rhyme or reason
Anyone?? Lol

chloesisland
02-21-18, 08:49 PM

I think I did - but now I see nothing...

deadpixel
02-21-18, 09:09 PM

I think I did - but now I see nothing...

That's because it's turned into a Neo Aquarius :D

deadpixel
02-21-18, 09:15 PM
Will these buttons be updated to match the current gameplay?

Should be "Dragon Portal" instead

Should be "Disenchant"

chloesisland
02-21-18, 09:17 PM
NO - Neo Pisces is different colours to Neo Aquarius

deadpixel
02-21-18, 09:22 PM
NO - Neo Pisces is different colours to Neo Aquarius

I know, I'm just kidding. Hence the big :D

random59
02-21-18, 11:39 PM

Has anyone else received a similar popup?

Also getting this, even when they are in the same habitat!

DirkDragon
02-22-18, 01:57 AM
@Flatfoot, What happens to all the gems we have created by trading to create dragons? Can they and the nether dust and spell scrolls be converted to essence? All that effort going down the drain? Players may be near to creating a dragon and unable to complete because they can't make stuff anymore!

fakeid88
02-22-18, 02:25 AM
I wish they'd put effort into improving the game for android users. Mine is slow and lags like crazy. I don't even have that "My Dragons" window shown on page one of this thread. I'm using android and there is no option to upgrade on play store.

Have you guys seen how much gold it takes to instantly finish something on drgaon portal? 82 gold for something that takes 14 hours.... Nothing has changed with the building except the name and the fact that it requires more gold to get something done...

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-22-18, 04:11 AM
Flatfoot, could you please tell me what is going to happen with Lotus Dragon? Technically it isn't a gemstone type dragon and it doesn't say "limited" in the spell shop, unlike the actual gemstone type dragons. But it does require spell scrolls and nether dust. Will we still be able to use the spell scrolls and nether dust we already have for crafting Lotus Dragon after march 6th, even though gemstone materials are gonna be "hidden to clean up the visual appearance"? Thanks in advance for answering.

Anaboe
02-22-18, 05:44 AM
The Bingo still requires gems to be made. Will that change too?

Den8137259
02-22-18, 05:49 AM
DS and CS both take up much space on my device ★

Will DS app space be more compact by installing the new codex? ★ FF or mods, please advise, ty ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWo_07HV4AA3JXT?format=jpg

Varinamom
02-22-18, 06:19 AM
My husband got the goal to send a dragon through the portal. He tapped "go" and the portal shows a 15 hour timer. He didn't choose a dragon to trade. Did he trade something or is tapping to "go" button a freebie?

summersalt
02-22-18, 07:36 AM
All gemstones remain within player inventories, they're just not viewable right now. We are investigating ways to utilize them for the future.

Flatfoot, why the concern with whether or not gems are viewable in inventory? Why the sudden need to hide these materials? I still have wish lists and other event materials that i can never ever get enough of to get the monthly dragons, (no need to even try..And I play continuously). There was no panic to hide them. Why not allow all these materials to be traded for essence or sold as so many people are asking. We can clean up our own inventories and free ourselves of Thousands of useless cookies, wishlists, and soon to be bands.. can these things be used in future events? I read somewhere that they returned for other events? Is this true?

pernmagic
02-22-18, 08:16 AM
That's great, thanks! I have an extra Greek and Mystic that have been hanging out in the Stable waiting for this :D

ETA: I also have a bunch of duplicates in storage so it'll be cool to clear some of those out to collect essence. The only beef I have with this is all the extra food I'm going to be using. They really really really need to up the harvest amounts or give us better options to produce more food.
Gives a chance to use the spares of some ultra rare doubles I have, might eventually be able to craft a couple of diamond hybrids I've never been able to breed maybe ........ will see how it works out slowly ....

saghaven
02-22-18, 09:41 AM
In a breeding I had to do for Bingo I actually bred an Onyx dragon. I already had one but I planned to raise it to get a small black stone while I could for the future just in case. But when I saw the trading option it was the essence and it confused the heck out of me. I traded it anyway, got a 24 hour timer. Then a few hours later I got the pop up about the essence and news of the Codex. So I was already in the middle of the task before I'd even realized it. LOL

missbandette
02-22-18, 10:45 AM
I just found the dragon essence by accident and came here to see what it was! I was in my stables to see which dragons I could clean out and put my extra Inuit dragon in a habitat to sell him and I saw he had the trade button and was tradeable for these pretty looking bottles I have never seen before. It takes 24 hours for 40 of them for the Inuit dragon. So I logged on the forums to see what was up, definitely the best surprise ever!!! I really needed a way to keep better track of my dragons. I used to remember them all but I just don?t remember which ones I have anymore. Love this update! Thank you so much!

FlatFoot
02-22-18, 10:57 AM
...So I logged on the forums to see what was up, definitely the best surprise ever!!! I really needed a way to keep better track of my dragons. I used to remember them all but I just don?t remember which ones I have anymore. Love this update! Thank you so much!

Glad you're enjoying it!

TwiWoods
02-22-18, 12:12 PM
Love this new update! The codex is great - finally have hatch times for dragons. I do wish there was a find button, it’s very difficult to find a dragon without looking in dozens of habitats for it.

The long timer for essence isn’t a deal breaker for me. I would like it to be shorter, but patience is a virtue and if it gets me that Infinity (and Soccer, and Valiant, etc) dragon, I can be patient :)

Also, I did not see the Apple type dragons in the codex. Was checking to see if they were craftable and couldn’t find them.

JustKay
02-22-18, 12:33 PM

Hear! Hear! I have 335, and I agree they should count seeing as having an egg should factor into decisions on which dragon to try to earn. I stopped hatching most eggs since they stopped getting bonus leaderboard points so this number is only going to grow

squigglish
02-22-18, 01:35 PM
So far I like most of what I see with codex but there still are a couple of things that need to be tweaked. For example you can acquire a soccer dragon for 400 essence but the habitat is not available. That means if you make the mistake of purchasing the soccer dragon you will have 2 choices. first, you could sell it and waste the essences or you could leave it in the nest and hope that an appropriate habitat becomes available. There may be other dragons in which the same thing would happen too.
Still, for the most part, the codex is a positive step

Sjadelove
02-22-18, 01:59 PM
Still can't find the 2.8 version in my play store it picky had the 2.7. Anyone with Android been able to find it and download?

Also just curious if anyone has traded gemstone dragons for the essence? I have so many gems and would like to see them put to good use.

amerirish
02-22-18, 02:04 PM
I just disenchanted a level 4 Astro and got a 24 hour timer....this is bonkers. Evolution only took 5 hours :(

freesiawoods
02-22-18, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the new Codex, have been asking for something like this for a long time. It can be improved though, with a Find Dragon feature, and there is way too much scrolling needed as usual which is a pain especially on Android. Could we have a full page with many more dragons on each page to reduce scrolling?

I got excited about the new essence sceme, until I realized how it just made the game harder and more expensive.

Phoenix406
02-22-18, 04:25 PM
I got excited about the new essence sceme, until I realized how it just made the game harder and more expensive.

Well of course it did. They aren't going to do something that wouldn't net them more money. About ready to throw in the towel.

Phoenix406
02-22-18, 04:26 PM
Also just curious if anyone has traded gemstone dragons for the essence? I have so many gems and would like to see them put to good use.

I think the gemstone dragons only give 40 essence. In my opinion, it is not worth it, but I guess if you know you don't want them, you might as well disenchant them. Personally, I like to have duplicate dragons so that i can display them at different levels of evolution, but right now I have 8 Tree Frogs, and that is just a bit much, even though they are adorable.

graovac
02-22-18, 04:39 PM
I think the gemstone dragons only give 40 essence. No. Only 10 just checked. IMHO its not worth of effort.

fakeid88
02-22-18, 04:44 PM
Still can't find the 2.8 version in my play store it picky had the 2.7. Anyone with Android been able to find it and download?

I'm on android too, no updates except for the trading portal being renamed. When I tap on the essence in my inventory there is a brief explanation with a green bar at the bottom which is totally blank. This sucks.

The1stCaretaker
02-22-18, 06:47 PM
Ok these times are way too long and the gold to speed up is just ridiculous. I understand the want to make money but I'm going to tell you right now, nobody will be spending gold to speed with this nonsense

Athabasca55
02-22-18, 06:49 PM
Codex is NOT complete. I have two Passion dragons, level 14 and 9 and neither are included in the Codex. Virtually all other Valentine types are there. I haven’t checked all of my dragons but these two are conspicuously absent.

Athabasca55
02-22-18, 06:50 PM
Ok these times are way too long and the gold to speed up is just ridiculous. I understand the want to make money but I'm going to tell you right now, nobody will be spending gold to speed with this nonsense

Word. Spend 50 plus gold for a measly 40essence? Ridiculous.

fakeid88
02-22-18, 06:58 PM
After that glasswing dragon debacle I decided never to spend money on this game, now this with the longer processing times and higher gold prices will probably have me playing it less and less. It was getting boring and repetitive anyway with all the repainted dragons and uninspired seasonal events.

The1stCaretaker
02-22-18, 06:59 PM
Word. Spend 50 plus gold for a measly 40essence? Ridiculous.

50? Mine is 144 gold for a super rare

The1stCaretaker
02-22-18, 07:00 PM
Also cashing in gems for essence or food would be nice. I literally have 99 of almost all the gems. Large and small

sherlock221bbaker
02-22-18, 07:43 PM
I was working slowly to trade black dragons so i could eventually get jade and onyx dragons.
Sadly when i checked to see if they were breedable now they are in the process of being withdrawn from crafting and it appears they are going to be gone completely.
Considering its taken me over a year so far to slowly collect black gems thats annoying

I also realise like everyone else that this change, while appearing tantalising, is a carrot on an elasticised bit of string that will constantly move out of reach. We will work for ages and still get nothing.

Meanwhile those of us with heaps of duplicate dragons we were trading will have to go through and delete as many as possible.

I dont know why something had to be removed for this new development.

Also crafted decorations will be gone.

Now both the crafting and trading portals will be tied up with very slow processes.

Yikes.
Hope it doesnt get too boring waiting so long. I am quite fond of dragon story.

njbhugjjgnj
02-22-18, 08:55 PM
I was working slowly to trade black dragons so i could eventually get jade and onyx dragons.
Sadly when i checked to see if they were breedable now they are in the process of being withdrawn from crafting and it appears they are going to be gone completely.
Considering its taken me over a year so far to slowly collect black gems thats annoying

I also realise like everyone else that this change, while appearing tantalising, is a carrot on an elasticised bit of string that will constantly move out of reach. We will work for ages and still get nothing.

Meanwhile those of us with heaps of duplicate dragons we were trading will have to go through and delete as many as possible.

Now both the crafting and trading portals will be tied up with very slow processes.

Yikes.

Flatfoot only mentioned crafting dragon's, I don't believe the decorations were included. Can a mod or Flatfoot confirm this please? :)

AnnirasSweets
02-22-18, 08:59 PM
Codex is NOT complete. I have two Passion dragons, level 14 and 9 and neither are included in the Codex. Virtually all other Valentine types are there. I haven?t checked all of my dragons but these two are conspicuously absent.

The Codex has a total of 1071 dragons listed but I do believe at last count there were a total of 1092 dragons. I've had little to no free time lately so I've yet to go through and see which dragons are left out and who knows why any dragon would be left out. I mean, GPDs are in the codex but we can't get any essence from them nor craft them with essence so I'm not sure why the other 21 dragons aren't listed.

PrincessCouture2014
02-23-18, 12:08 AM
Not available for me. If I knew abt itzI wouldn't have sold my super rares(which tend to be common by how frequently they visit my island) . Welll no worries I won't do it again. Just one question if you can answer Flatfeet. Will we be getting a quest for raising an essence dragon to a said level in our adventure league tasks??

PrincessCouture2014
02-23-18, 12:11 AM
Flatfoot only mentioned crafting dragon's, I don't believe the decorations were included. Can a mod or Flatfoot confirm this please? :)

When all the gems will be gone so will all the items to be crafted with them. That's what I think. They might not disappear from our storage(the decorations) but I think we won't be able to craft them.
But a confirmation would be great

papalove1
02-23-18, 03:28 AM
When will this roll out to everyone?
Been checking everyday but it's still not available.

Carbuck
02-23-18, 06:53 AM
I’m on iOS platform. My game is set to automatically update when new updates are done. I checked and did have the new version but I couldn’t find the new feature in my game. Going to the App Store confirmed I already had the new update as it opened my game instead of downloading. So then I deleted my game and reinstalled. Now the new feature appears in my game.

This might be the same scenario for some of you.

Jackiesq
02-23-18, 08:41 AM
When will this be available for Android and on what versionnr?
Are the 3 dragons locked by goal available from completing the goals, or do we on Android need the essences to get them after all those years waiting?

Florr06
02-23-18, 09:05 AM
Can Gemstone dragons be traded for essence? In that case I might craft a few

The1stCaretaker
02-23-18, 09:27 AM
I thought Android was getting the update too? Did anyone get an update from play store yet?

summersalt
02-23-18, 09:37 AM
I thought Android was getting the update too? Did anyone get an update from play store yet?
No. There is nothing there. I can trade for essence but I don't have an update. No album, ect.

summersalt
02-23-18, 09:42 AM

Yikes.

How is the crafting tied u up. I'm sorry I dont have update . I basically thought crafting of dragons was over. Do u still have to craft the dragon with essence? I imagine thats quite long but other than that how is it tied up. U don't have to craft big essence with little essence or anything convoluted like that right. I imagine they have cooked up something similar...lol ;)

summersalt
02-23-18, 09:45 AM

How could u get a decoration without gems. Gems are going to be there... ( sort of. Kind of) but not really, according to posts. And you Can't craft with invisible gems.

summersalt
02-23-18, 09:55 AM
Hear! Hear! I have 335, and I agree they should count seeing as having an egg should factor into decisions on which dragon to try to earn. I stopped hatching most eggs since they stopped getting bonus leaderboard points so this number is only going to grow
How do you store an egg? I can't do that. I wish. I dont have the stable is that why? I dont need to store dragons. I have room as long as I traded continually.

cat_chick10
02-23-18, 10:08 AM
How do you store an egg? I can't do that. I wish. I dont have the stable is that why? I dont need to store dragons. I have room as long as I traded continually.

Yeah it's with the stable. Some of the players who have played for a really long time have already used up their land and don't have room to put all their dragons.

njbhugjjgnj
02-23-18, 10:17 AM

You can't store egg's. When you complete a LB,Spin to win or any event that doesn't require you to hatch an egg goes straight into your storage :)

FireballFarm
02-23-18, 10:23 AM

No, only hatched dragons can go into the Stable. Dragon eggs won in some events go directly into your regular storage. And any prize eggs that normally go straight to the nest will go to Storage if all your nests are full.

Look under the Storage tab, and then under the Dragons tab, and the ones listed there are your unhatched dragon eggs.

Many high level players choose to not hatch event dragon prizes because they are short on room, or they already have that dragon, or even because don't particularily care for that dragon. I've got about 20 eggs in storage (which is actually a pretty low number), mostly holiday-themed and doubles of dragons I already have hatched and in a habitat.

babs3449
02-23-18, 10:32 AM
So we still have to evolve the dragons up to level 4 in order to disenchant them? And it takes even longer to get the essence back than it did to trade? Plus huge amounts of essence to craft a dragon? And a measly 100 for a diamond that has taken us 80-some hours to prepare it for the portal? Plus no partial credit for the materials we collected to craft dragons before this change? (Or way to convert them to essence) What about the Comet dragon? I still need 1 piece for him, after 2+ years of questing. I couldn’t find him in the codex, although I may not have looked in the correct place. Also what about the gold-producing dragons?

noemata
02-23-18, 10:54 AM
Disenchanting....
Common = 2 essence
Rare = 10 essence
Super Rare = 40 essence
Ultra Rare = 100 essence
:rolleyes:Hmmmmm!!:rolleyes:

cat_chick10
02-23-18, 11:05 AM
It's gonna take a long time with those commons

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-23-18, 11:27 AM
It's gonna take a long time with those commons

Commons can just as well be sold. They are not worth it. And our dragon stocks are gonna pile up anyway with the long trading times.

summersalt
02-23-18, 11:53 AM
You can't store egg's. When you complete a LB,Spin to win or any event that doesn't require you to hatch an egg goes straight into your storage :)

Okay thats what i thought. I have dragons in storage from spin to win. But I didn't think you could store an egg with off the roost. Right now I have a fire dragon stuck on the roost because I got an anubis and the tales dragon on my nests for 30 hours plus and no speed ups for the nests available in siilver and gold leagues finishes. I thought if stables could get this thing off the roost id buy one. Lol

summersalt
02-23-18, 12:01 PM
So we still have to evolve the dragons up to level 4 in order to disenchant them? And it takes even longer to get the essence back than it did to trade? Plus huge amounts of essence to craft a dragon? And a measly 100 for a diamond that has taken us 80-some hours to prepare it for the portal? Plus no partial credit for the materials we collected to craft dragons before this change? (Or way to convert them to essence) What about the Comet dragon? I still need 1 piece for him, after 2+ years of questing. I couldn?t find him in the codex, although I may not have looked in the correct place. Also what about the gold-producing dragons?

I was thinking the comet dragon would still be available for crafting,since it doesn't require gems. Good question though. All other comments are correct assessments and valid points. Don't expect an answer or validation from s8 though. I think it is far too long to disenchant and they should make level 1 dragons able to be disenchanted to balance out these huge wait times. It would also solve alot of the food problem flatfoot states they are "discussing". When it's close to 500 food to feed a common love dragon to lvel 3 to evolve. We are going to be completely overloaded with dragons. You would think these software designers could do a little simple math and figure that out. At the very least, We should be able to sell dragons for a bit of food. Instead of 200 coins, to alleviate some of this problem. There are so many easy fixes that they just ignore.

Carbuck
02-23-18, 12:45 PM
Disenchanting....
Common = 2 essence
Rare = 20 essence
Super Rare = 40 essence
Ultra Rare = 100 essence

Hi
I just did one. I was going to give a Common but it said I would get “1” and would take 16 hours. So I sent a Rare for 20 hours to get “10”. I’m a level 189 player. I’m wondering if levels are a factor in determining how much each player gets from disenchanting. Hmmmm......

summersalt
02-23-18, 02:48 PM
Ok so we can still quest for gemstones? Is that going be removed? What happens if I send a dragon on an 18 hour quest right now will I still receive a gem. Are we going to be able to quest for essence? And what about comet dragon quest. Should i even bother with that anymore? I finally got an Atlantis dragon to do the tail quest? Do I bother with it or is it worthless. Kind of need that answer now.

Sorry so many questions/comments... maybe if android had an update like they said I'd know the answer but I'm lost currently

random59
02-23-18, 03:02 PM
Ok so we can still quest for gemstones? Is that going be removed? What happens if I send a dragon on an 18 hour quest right now will I still receive a gem. Are we going to be able to quest for essence? And what about comet dragon quest. Should i even bother with that anymore? I finally got an Atlantis dragon to do the tail quest? Do I bother with it or is it worthless. Kind of need that answer now.

Sorry so many questions/comments... maybe if android had an update like they said I'd know the answer but I'm lost currently

You can still get gems from quests, I had a bingo task for gem questing and I received 1 small red gem

kat8rose
02-23-18, 03:26 PM
Hi
I just did one. I was going to give a Common but it said I would get “1” and would take 16 hours. So I sent a Rare for 20 hours to get “10”. I’m a level 189 player. I’m wondering if levels are a factor in determining how much each player gets from disenchanting. Hmmmm......

My two rate trades so far are ten each, and take 24 hrs! I don't have the update yet, so....???? I am lvl 177 or so

sharbuch
02-23-18, 03:39 PM
I dont have any of it all yet. What should i be looking for please

summersalt
02-23-18, 03:42 PM
You can still get gems from quests, I had a bingo task for gem questing and I received 1 small red gem

Thats good to know in event someone needed a single one in the next week before the crafting ended. But what good are they other than that if they will be invisible in a week.

janiebond007
02-23-18, 05:23 PM
I just counted and I have 237 dragons in storage. Hopefully this will give me a way to hatch some ☺

Neilisha
02-23-18, 05:42 PM
I feel like a fool cause I don't understand some things mention here how do I update my game am at 2.6 I think do I uninstall and reinstall another

AinoDK
02-23-18, 06:19 PM
This a great piece of development that really helps advance the gameplay. Gems & gemstone dragons were predominantly an afterthought, and this enhanced feature allows everyone to work toward the dragons of their dreams. While I could quibble about the length of time to extract the essence (& I'm still not sure who long this takes for many of the dragons!?!), this turns a near useless feature into a core mechanic that we'll all be utilizing.

Also, thank you for making the "Ultra Rares" all consistently and truely Ultra Rare. As one of the main uses and differentiators of dragons is in the battle arena, I've always been frustrated with various unbreedable "Ultra Rare" dragons from events that don't perform as Ultra Rare in the arena. They have the "unbreedable" designation that knocks them down several notches for fighting, and it seemed misleading to make them "Ultra Rare". It's nice that trading these dragons in will actually provide full Ultra Rare +100 value. I'm now more motivated to get the unbreedable "Ultra Rare" dragons in events!

While much feedback is negative in these forums (and most games), positive enhancements like this that make the player experience better should be acknowledged. Kudos to the Storm8 team on this one!!

-Serpentray

As a long time level 200 player I strongly agree with this!

Yes, the disenchanting times are long, but while gems are useless to me I can really use this. I very rarely manage to breed a new non-event dragon. If I can get one of my own choice, even those expired limited dragons, every 6 months, it is a worthwhile goal.

Carbuck
02-23-18, 11:14 PM
I feel like a fool cause I don't understand some things mention here how do I update my game am at 2.6 I think do I uninstall and reinstall another

All questions are valid ones. It won?t hurt to delete your game and install the latest version. I?m on IOS but it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too. Good luck!

Troyan7
02-24-18, 12:36 AM
I like this feature!

Also agree with previous comments about lack of space.

I havent hatched a dragon from storage in the last two years, because Im always at a limit with land...

janiebond007
02-24-18, 07:27 AM
I just reinstalled and still don't have it. I'm able to create essences and the gemstone dragons read limited time but no codex. Any word on when I should see it?

kitthecat
02-24-18, 07:52 AM

Will the 18 hours gem quest be the only way to get gem? When doing bingo, there is a lot of task that required a lot of gems. Will all these tasks which required gems be removed also?

summersalt
02-24-18, 07:59 AM

Version 2.0.7.2g is availabke in the store but tht doesnt have a codex. Im already on that version.

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-24-18, 08:08 AM
So many people with so many questions and after the first few days no one is around to answer them anymore. And yes, it's the weekend now, but yesterday and the day before it wasn't. :(

Nuicakes
02-24-18, 08:12 AM
Disenchanting....
Common = 2 essence
Rare = 10 essence
Super Rare = 40 essence
Ultra Rare = 100 essence

Hi
I just did one. I was going to give a Common but it said I would get ?1? and would take 16 hours. So I sent a Rare for 20 hours to get ?10?. I?m a level 189 player. I?m wondering if levels are a factor in determining how much each player gets from disenchanting. Hmmmm......

I have two numbers for essence:
1 essence for base type Common dragons like Fire, Water, etc. and
2 essence for Common dragons like Coral, Firestorm, etc.

clarontinalisa
02-24-18, 08:38 AM
At long last I will be able to get the Capricorn dragon, my star sign. May take some time but worth it. I also like being able to see how many of each dragon I have and at what level. I have so many I loose track if I have a dragon or not especially those with 3 colours, they could be anywhere. Now I can find out easily. I like it.

summersalt
02-24-18, 09:02 AM
So many people with so many questions and after the first few days no one is around to answer them anymore. And yes, it's the weekend now, but yesterday and the day before it wasn't. :(

Right...And yet again android users left in the dark while others discuss new features.

freesiawoods
02-24-18, 09:23 AM
For commons some exchange for one and others two, it seems. In any case it seems pointless to disenchant them unless you have nothing better to send off.

The1stCaretaker
02-24-18, 11:33 AM
Latest Android version is actually 2.7.0.2g update from December. They said 2.8 was available for us but I have not seen anyone with it yet. On a plus side it seems we still can trade dragons for essence

socrata
02-24-18, 12:33 PM
Yes I can trade dragons only for essence. No update for android on app store yet. I think it'll take a while to get it

chewingthecud
02-24-18, 01:07 PM
Hello. The codex is a great idea however I have over 200 eggs in storage. The codex does not show these. It is therefore extremely difficult to see which dragons I have and have not. In this way a major part of the functionality of the codex is lost. Can you please add stored eggs to the codex? Thank you.

The1stCaretaker
02-24-18, 01:17 PM
Yes I can trade dragons only for essence. No update for android on app store yet. I think it'll take a while to get it

Yea but Elsa said on the 20th that it should roll out to everyone in the next few days. That was 4 days ago and no android user has said they have the update

superG1952
02-24-18, 02:52 PM
Great Idea!

random59
02-24-18, 05:56 PM
Okay, just used the Codex to craft Magnetic, it is instantaneous from hitting the craft button to the egg on the nest, awesome!

Only downside is the time for it takes to obtain the essence, every 12 hours would be preferable not the current 24 hour.

Sugarcat5
02-24-18, 09:41 PM
Android user as well n don't see any update. I'm happy for the iOS users but it's really not fair that major updates like this can't get rolled out to everyone equally.

Carbuck
02-24-18, 11:22 PM
Okay, just used the Codex to craft Magnetic, it is instantaneous from hitting the craft button to the egg on the nest, awesome!

I like the sound of that.

Thanks

AinoDK
02-25-18, 02:56 AM
Dilemma: I always use my tales token to craft bingo tickets, as I have the token dragons already. As usual, I already have Lovers dragon, but it is ultra rare, so it is worth 100 essence. And I have Gold horizon, so currently just saving up bingo tickets

Thoughts anyone?

chloesisland
02-25-18, 03:31 AM
Dilemma: I always use my tales token to craft bingo tickets, as I have the token dragons already. As usual, I already have Lovers dragon, but it is ultra rare, so it is worth 100 essence. And I have Gold horizon, so currently just saving up bingo tickets

Thoughts anyone?
Lots of the new dragons are not able to be traded. Can Lovers be traded?

AinoDK
02-25-18, 04:18 AM

Good point. Just checked my existing, and Yes it can be traded

noemata
02-25-18, 04:20 AM

Thoughts anyone?

If ya don’t need the 15 bingo tix then get the lovers dragon (seems it can be disenchanted in the Codex) and trade for 100 essence...entirely up to u of course:)

G4OU812
02-25-18, 10:42 AM
There is something I'm not understanding with this new way of trading. Saw this when I went to sell a Fire dragon and noticed it was available for trade but when I tap trade, it says "this is your last Fire dragon." It say that for Hercules, Clockwork, Volt, Virtue, etc. Why does it say that? Will I be able to trade more than one of the same dragon as I have multiples of the same dragons like I was able to before or is it a one-and-done trade?

random59
02-25-18, 11:46 AM
There is something I'm not understanding with this new way of trading. Saw this when I went to sell a Fire dragon and noticed it was available for trade but when I tap trade, it says "this is your last Fire dragon." It say that for Hercules, Clockwork, Volt, Virtue, etc. Why does it say that? Will I be able to trade more than one of the same dragon as I have multiples of the same dragons like I was able to before or is it a one-and-done trade?

If you tap on a dragon in a habitat it says that, quite unsure why as I had 2 Dark Angels in the same habitat. Use the trading portal, you can scroll down the different types and it tells you exactly how many dragons you have of any type.

G4OU812
02-25-18, 12:10 PM
If you tap on a dragon in a habitat it says that, quite unsure why as I had 2 Dark Angels in the same habitat. Use the trading portal, you can scroll down the different types and it tells you exactly how many dragons you have of any type.

Ah, okay. Thank you very much for helping.

skyharbor602
02-25-18, 12:42 PM
I'm glad they have the warning for the last dragon. Maybe, just maybe, a confirmation button will come for gold soon. It would be nice if the new version can finally come to my play store.

The1stCaretaker
02-25-18, 06:31 PM
I'd like to ask storm 8 if you might consider putting those monthly ultra rares back into the spell shop? I have 60,000 cool fey stones, cookies, world maps and tricks. That's 12 ultra rares that can be crafted. They couldn't be traded until now was no reason to craft 5 of each until now

lenasdinner
02-25-18, 10:35 PM
Now all dragons can be traded only depends how much essences you get for it.some of them are worth to trade some dont.but if you dont have any UR dragons to trade others are wellcome too....only takes to many houers for just a little assences.
For my opinion trading common dragons are waste of time,16h only for two esseces,thats a little bit to much this houers should be a cut of at least on 5h tops,and rears at least 8 to 10h at least,etc.....
Im on android and still dont know how all this looks like,but at least we can collect this pink sparkling botlles......

duduloi
02-26-18, 02:44 AM
this game will be soo soooo boring. We will try for diamond/fire hybrid (Crusader, etc), we only need one hour of non stop breeding to get one. Then, convert to 100 esence. 16 hybrids means one tough to get dragon (diamond/black hybrids, etc)

As i said, BORING ......

lenasdinner
02-26-18, 03:43 AM
FlatFoot.......and what will Fairy dragon now biring from 18h quest?
Will that be those essences,coins...or nothing...or will be gone from the quest.....

serpentray
02-26-18, 06:30 AM
Question about the current goal of crafting a codex dragon and getting a reward of 100 essence... I haven’t done this yet as I’m saving up essence for a bigger dragon, but I don’t want to miss out on the goal if it disappears. 1) Will the goal disappear, or will it stay around forever like all the other goals? 2) What is the cheapest dragon to craft? I have a level 10+ of all my commons so I only see the option to disenchant ( and would prefer not to), I don’t see how much it would cost to select them and craft one… Can anyone tell me how much essence it costs to craft a fire, water, Olympus, etc. dragon? Or any “cheap” essence option?

kooky panda
02-26-18, 08:11 AM
Hello. The codex is a great idea however I have over 200 eggs in storage. The codex does not show these. It is therefore extremely difficult to see which dragons I have and have not. In this way a major part of the functionality of the codex is lost. Can you please add stored eggs to the codex? Thank you.
Merging this suggestion with the current thread on this new feature , to keep all the feedback on this thread so everything is in one place.

TamandraDrake
02-26-18, 08:46 AM
The codex is a good idea, but I also like to support the idea of getting a side bar for choosing dragons for battles. Scrolling through all of them to find the one I want to use is just painful. Any chance of getting it in the future?

AinoDK
02-26-18, 01:09 PM
I support the idea of including dragons in storage - with a clear indication that they are eggs/level 0

The1stCaretaker
02-26-18, 01:10 PM
So that total number I see in the op picture is every dragon ever released in the whole game? 1084? Also that price of 1600 essence, is that only for ultra rares or all dragons that price?

kimandamelia
02-26-18, 01:37 PM
When oh when will Android get the update? I can collect essence but not use them? I hope the two I've done will count because I'm getting ready to collect from a Diamond trade...

amerirish
02-26-18, 02:31 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked already: when you 'craft' a dragon using essence does the egg have to be placed on a nest immediately or can it be stored?

The1stCaretaker
02-26-18, 02:44 PM
When oh when will Android get the update? I can collect essence but not use them? I hope the two I've done will count because I'm getting ready to collect from a Diamond trade...

They said everyone would have it on Android in a few days 6 days ago so the update must have been pushed to a later date

[S8] Elsa
02-26-18, 03:12 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked already: when you 'craft' a dragon using essence does the egg have to be placed on a nest immediately or can it be stored?

The eggs can't be stored. Similar to the Market, it goes directly to a Nest.

JustKay
02-26-18, 03:53 PM
I'd like to ask storm 8 if you might consider putting those monthly ultra rares back into the spell shop? I have 60,000 cool fey stones, cookies, world maps and tricks. That's 12 ultra rares that can be crafted. They couldn't be traded until now was no reason to craft 5 of each until now

I'm glad I crafted all of mine. I traded some for gems earlier, but currently have a lot of crafted babies bouncing around! Time to start trading them! I had them around for the Evolution chamber so some are already good and fed. I have quite a few Diamond fails and most of the recent Dragon Tales craftable token/coin dragons I already have in storage. This 24 hour trade time is such a drag.

So that total number I see in the op picture is every dragon ever released in the whole game? 1084? Also that price of 1600 essence, is that only for ultra rares or all dragons that price?

That's only for Ultra Rares only, the Super Rares are I think 800 and the Rares are 400.

savage_mel
02-26-18, 04:18 PM
Can someone please explain to me how the codex is organized? I know by type, but once you get into the type you?re looking at, they don?t seem to be alphabetical and I can?t see any other rhyme or reason

posting this question again, hoping to get an answer. thanks!

cat_chick10
02-26-18, 04:19 PM
posting this question again, hoping to get an answer. thanks!

I think they're somewhat organized based on rarity? That's what it looked like to me anyway

noemata
02-26-18, 04:52 PM
Can someone please explain to me how the codex is organized? I know by type, but once you get into the type you?re looking at, they don?t seem to be alphabetical and I can?t see any other rhyme or reason

Look at the ‘border’ color each dragon is given...

Kev209
02-26-18, 05:53 PM
I'm still waiting for my 2.8 version along with the new codex. Was said it will be rolling out to everyone including android users but haven't seen nothing

The1stCaretaker
02-26-18, 07:44 PM
I'm glad I crafted all of mine. I traded some for gems earlier, but currently have a lot of crafted babies bouncing around! Time to start trading them! I had them around for the Evolution chamber so some are already good and fed. I have quite a few Diamond fails and most of the recent Dragon Tales craftable token/coin dragons I already have in storage. This 24 hour trade time is such a drag.

That's only for Ultra Rares only, the Super Rares are I think 800 and the Rares are 400.

Yeah but these dragons I'm referring to could not be traded before as far as I know and plus I don't have room for 5 of every type of these for display or in the stable. Now that they can be traded and are very useful to trade I'd craft them

amerirish
02-26-18, 08:37 PM
Elsa;1495860']The eggs can't be stored. Similar to the Market, it goes directly to a Nest.

Thanks Elsa :)

JustKay
02-26-18, 11:26 PM
Yeah but these dragons I'm referring to could not be traded before as far as I know and plus I don't have room for 5 of every type of these for display or in the stable. Now that they can be traded and are very useful to trade I'd craft them

You'll just have to wait til they return. You get to keep these items even if they get hidden from your storage, so if the dragon ever comes back as a mining dragon or battle arena dragon you can cash in the essense then. They have been reusing some dragons for mining and the arena recently so there's hope! Frankly with the 24 hour trade time, I think you'll have plenty of dragons to trade while you wait for this to happen

suesbakery46
02-27-18, 05:50 AM
Hey there. I am wondering what version of the game i am supposed to be on. I am on the valentines version from 12 months ago. I dont have the extra land yet but getting the essence from the trading portal. Any ideas? Should i go back to the original version? Some guidance would be great. Thanks.

serpentray
02-27-18, 06:26 AM
Question about the current goal of crafting a codex dragon and getting a reward of 100 essence... I haven?t done this yet as I?m saving up essence for a bigger dragon, but I don?t want to miss out on the goal if it disappears. 1) Will the goal disappear, or will it stay around forever like all the other goals? 2) What is the cheapest dragon to craft? I have a level 10+ of all my commons so I only see the option to disenchant ( and would prefer not to), I don?t see how much it would cost to select them and craft one? Can anyone tell me how much essence it costs to craft a fire, water, Olympus, etc. dragon? Or any ?cheap? essence option?

Reposting to see if anyone knows the answers?

Jackiesq
02-27-18, 06:51 AM
Hey there. I am wondering what version of the game i am supposed to be on. I am on the valentines version from 12 months ago. I dont have the extra land yet but getting the essence from the trading portal. Any ideas? Should i go back to the original version? Some guidance would be great. Thanks.
You really have to go to the original version for the new land!
For the codex, I don't know...
As far as I see nobody on Android has the codex...

Carbuck
02-27-18, 08:39 AM
Now that we also have raw marble to craft for marble keys to expand on our islands, will this be placed into a separate crafting building or will it compete for time along with the new codex processes within the same building?

GinettaZ
02-27-18, 10:00 AM
I dont have any of it all yet. What should i be looking for please

Go to the store and look up the version. You have to press read more then scroll all the way to the bottom. Version is on the left and across from it on right it says last updated ... so when it has a current date do the update. As in maybe just reboot. It may require uninstall then install again. I know its a pain. I'm waiting on it too.

kooky panda
02-27-18, 11:35 AM

The most current version if the regular game. (not a seasonal version).

JustKay
02-27-18, 01:36 PM

U might get the essenece, but u probably can't safely use it to get the dragons u want. I'd upgrade to the latest original version just to be safe. Given how slow it is to collect essence I wouldn't take any chances. U'll also need those new expansions if ur going to be drawing new dragons to ur island anyway!

JustKay
02-27-18, 01:41 PM
Reposting to see if anyone knows the answers?

It's all in the codex. Open it and flick through the options. I would bet it would be 200 or so to craft a
common so probably don't bother. Half of the cost of a rare. No gaming the goal :p

This goal seems to be a tutorial goal so u can expect it to be around as long as this feature still exists. Take ur time and save ur essence for a dragon u actually want

JustKay
02-27-18, 01:44 PM
Now that we also have raw marble to craft for marble keys to expand on our islands, will this be placed into a separate crafting building or will it compete for time along with the new codex processes within the same building?

Read it in an earlier post; u don't craft essence into a dragon. The essence magically draws a baby dragon to ur island and then it crawls back into an egg and sits itself on one of ur empty nests. I would hazard that if u don't have an empty nest, the egg refuses to go into your storage and the process reverses itself so u get ur essence back

pod5124cra
02-27-18, 01:54 PM
I was so glad to see this but feel ripped off after using it. It took me 195 food and 9 hours to raise a super rare to level 4 and evolve it just to have 16 more hours to put it through the trading post to end up with a lousy 2 essence not worth the hassle.
The good part is the dragon list but feeling ripped off for reward. :mad:

kat8rose
02-27-18, 02:08 PM
We need more land to keep dragons to trade with this extended trade time. The marble keys take way too long after the first few plots.
This may get S8's attention...why would anyone really want to activate the 2nd breeding den when the doubles we breed have no place to go, and they will be sold off? We need more land, also sale on buildings...to increase stable storage, nests, etc.

Please open the mines and give us more islands in the air. You have the coding, have expanded it before. I can't see how one can keep playing at a certain point with land restrictions. Sure, sell off your old commons then you need them for bingo or tales. Come on guys, work with us. We need this, not want, need...to keep playing.

Interested to see the codex, when update comes to Google play

The1stCaretaker
02-27-18, 02:34 PM
Yeah we definitely need more mining land and where the heck is the 2.8 update for android???

Jackiesq
02-27-18, 02:58 PM
We need more land to keep dragons to trade with this extended trade time. The marble keys take way too long after the first few plots.
This may get S8's attention...why would anyone really want to activate the 2nd breeding den when the doubles we breed have no place to go, and they will be sold off? We need more land, also sale on buildings...to increase stable storage, nests, etc.

Please open the mines and give us more islands in the air. You have the coding, have expanded it before. I can't see how one can keep playing at a certain point with land restrictions. Sure, sell off your old commons then you need them for bingo or tales. Come on guys, work with us. We need this, not want, need...to keep playing.

Interested to see the codex, when update comes to Google play

I wanted to post everything you said!
And this;
S8, your soooo quiet!
Can you tell us why Android still doesn't have the update after a whole week?
And maybe a when we get the update?
And much more important then this Codex-update:
When will we get more land for all those missing old dragons we can get now AND all new dragons we get every month?

[S8] Elsa
02-27-18, 03:02 PM
I wanted to post everything you said!
And this;
S8, your soooo quiet!
Can you tell us why Android still doesn't have the update after a whole week?
And maybe a when we get the update?
And much more important then this Codex-update:
When will we get more land for all those missing old dragons we can get now AND all new dragons we get every month?

Can you please check your store for the update? Please make sure you're using Google Play as your store.

The1stCaretaker
02-27-18, 03:22 PM
Elsa;1496092']Can you please check your store for the update? Please make sure you're using Google Play as your store.

Google play store. It's the only authentic one. Been checking and there is no update

[S8] Elsa
02-27-18, 03:38 PM
Google play store. It's the only authentic one. Been checking and there is no update

It's fully rolled out. Can you try this link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon)? If you still don't see the update can you PM me the device model you're using so I can check on it for you?

lenasdinner
02-27-18, 03:49 PM
Elsa;1496092']Can you please check your store for the update? Please make sure you're using Google Play as your store.
What is this?...Elsa...there is no update in Google Play.

JustKay
02-27-18, 04:09 PM
I was so glad to see this but feel ripped off after using it. It took me 195 food and 9 hours to raise a super rare to level 4 and evolve it just to have 16 more hours to put it through the trading post to end up with a lousy 2 essence not worth the hassle.

2 essense! That's not right. A super rare should net you something like 40.

lenasdinner
02-27-18, 04:14 PM

Are you sure it was super rare,my super rares takes 24h to get trade....

Rfs04
02-27-18, 04:15 PM
What is this?...Elsa...there is no update in Google Play.

I just checked too, as of 6:10 Eastern time no new vers in Google play store. It still has pic of fire dragon holding marble and says open....not update game.

Perhaps the update into the store by S8 did not work and they need to do it again? Can they please check.

Den8137259
02-27-18, 04:27 PM
I haven't done any codex updates on my iOS  despite all the goodness promoted here ★

Reasons are:

1) No device space ★ new update requires 231 MB of device space

2) No wifi ★ requires wifi environment to download this kind app size which I don't have

3) No marble keys ★ I'm at the section where it requires 20 to 25 marble keys each to expand

4) Long 24h crafting time ★ be it marble keys or essences, they're painful to get

5) Saving the Gemstones dragons ★ whoever I could craft more of these, I would, before 6 Mar 2018

Jackiesq
02-27-18, 04:45 PM
I checked, like I did a few times every day... still no update! And I use Google play as store!

Edit: Elsa your link in another post also goes to the installed 2.7.0.2g version!

The1stCaretaker
02-27-18, 04:52 PM
The thing is I checked on 4 different devices from different manufacturers and not one has the update. They all show 2.7.0.2g to install

Carbuck
02-27-18, 04:56 PM
Read it in an earlier post; u don't craft essence into a dragon. The essence magically draws a baby dragon to ur island and then it crawls back into an egg and sits itself on one of ur empty nests. I would hazard that if u don't have an empty nest, the egg refuses to go into your storage and the process reverses itself so u get ur essence back

Okay. I?m wondering about the crafting of marble. It would be better if it?s not done in the same building that we are using for disenchanting and for crafting. That?s a 24 hour process as well.

cat_chick10
02-27-18, 05:03 PM
I've noticed that in the Codex, there is an option to craft dragons that were previously breedable but now expired. When you click on them, it says "breedable." Does this mean that they are breedable again, or that I can only obtain them by crafting?

Xyn25
02-27-18, 05:05 PM
I'm so hyped for this but it's still not available in Google play :( I keep seeing version 2.7.0.2.g

[S8] Elsa
02-27-18, 05:18 PM
The thing is I checked on 4 different devices from different manufacturers and not one has the update. They all show 2.7.0.2g to install

Checking on this.

Update: We identified the store issue and resolved it. You should now see the update in your store. :)

chloesisland
02-27-18, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know whether Mammoth is now breedable for IOS players? It is listed as breeable on the Codex.

The1stCaretaker
02-27-18, 06:13 PM
Got the update. Yay! Thank you Elsa

FireballFarm
02-27-18, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know whether Mammoth is now breedable for IOS players? It is listed as breeable on the Codex.

Ooo! I hope so! He's so cute, I've wanted him for ages.

Edit: I just checked the Codex on my iPad very thoroughly and Mammoth is not in it. :( Do you maybe switch between devices/platforms? I have only ever used my iPad for this game.

Carbuck
02-27-18, 07:06 PM
I'm so hyped for this but it's still not available in Google play :( I keep seeing version 2.7.0.2.g

You raise a good question. The ones that have been revived for the Codex indicate they are breedable. So hopefully we will also be able to obtain them through the normal breeding process as well.

Hope you get your Android update soon.

Edit: I just checked the Codex on my iPad very thoroughly and Mammoth is not in it. :( Do you maybe switch between devices/platforms? I have only ever used my iPad for this game.

Perhaps the team is adding dragons in stages. I?ve been looking for Valiant and it hasn?t been listed in my Codex for crafting. But today it finally showed up on the list. That?s the one that I have been trying like crazy to get. So keep checking periodically.

Rfs04
02-27-18, 07:08 PM
Elsa;1496131']Checking on this.

Update: We identified the store issue and resolved it. You should now see the update in your store. :)

I find it amazing that it has taken S8 so long to discover there was an issue with having the new version in the play store for android. Messages have been posted here since 2-20 that android users did not have the new version.

I programmed for over 25 years and when we moved things to the live production environment we Always checked that everything was correctly in place and working properly. We did these checks the moment the programs were supposed to go live just in case something got missed. We didn't wait an hour , a day, over the week end, 6 days. We verified immediately and had grateful users because of that commitment.

AnnirasSweets
02-27-18, 07:19 PM
I've noticed that in the Codex, there is an option to craft dragons that were previously breedable but now expired. When you click on them, it says "breedable." Does this mean that they are breedable again, or that I can only obtain them by crafting?

I asked something similar and have yet to receive an answer but I've been giving this a lot of thought. So far as I can tell the 'breedable' or 'unbreedable' simply refers to how the dragons were first released. So if the dragons labeled 'breedable' are not currently listed in the market then we are not able to breed them at this time.

The1stCaretaker
02-27-18, 08:27 PM
One thing I'm curious about. In the overview it says I have 1015 and the codex says 1002. I have only 1 of each type displayed on my island so why is this number in overview different than the codex? Overview total number does not include storage or stable just like the codex. It does count displayed duplicates but there is only 1 of each. Just curious why this number is off because it shouldn't?

GinettaZ
02-27-18, 08:28 PM
ANDROID UPDATE IS AVAILABLE. I did the update and then still needed to reboot. Good luck and enjoy (hopefully). Thank you Flatfoot and KookyPanda for the responses.

Xyn25
02-27-18, 08:40 PM
It's available for android now! 😀
It's super useful but there are a couple of features that I'd love to see added:
1. Show eggs we have in storage
2. Take us to a dragon's habitat from the codex
3. Trade a dragon from its codex page
4. Filter and/or sort by rarity, level, owned/not owned

cat_chick10
02-27-18, 08:48 PM
I asked something similar and have yet to receive an answer but I've been giving this a lot of thought. So far as I can tell the 'breedable' or 'unbreedable' simply refers to how the dragons were first released. So if the dragons labeled 'breedable' are not currently listed in the market then we are not able to breed them at this time.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, because it would probably be kind of annoying if you suddenly had a million more options when trying for one specific dragon. Was just hoping to get a couple older ones I had on my old account without using up essence :P

FireballFarm
02-27-18, 09:25 PM
It's available for android now! ��
It's super useful but there are a couple of features that I'd love to see added:

Totally agree! I'd also love to see the larger groups of miscellaneous dragons (Champs, Rainbows, etc.) get their own sections. That last Catch All group is too large with 215 dragons (I think it was 215- however many, it's a lot!)

They are kinda sorted by rarity (groupings within each color type, denoted by different colored frames. But no way to see all the super rares, or all ultra rates of all different color types, which would be nice).

I'd like to be able to filter by more than one color type in order to see and locate multi-typed hybrids more easily.

CranberryMil
02-27-18, 09:29 PM
I have the codex in android! \o/

Diamonds (or any Ultra rare or gold border) for 1600 essence (disenchant 40 ultra rares to get one)
Blacks (to be precise Super rares , silver border ) for 800 essence (disenchant 40 super rares to get one)
Champions (or any rare , red/orange border) for 400 essence (disenchant 40 rares to get one)
Commons for 100 escence (disenchant 50 commons to get one )

Dragons are order by : Have it/Not have it , rarity (Ultra->Super->Rare->Common) , the day of the year that the dragon debut in the shop (as defined by chinesse calendar) , the second name of the designer for the image (maiden name only) , the moon phase (of Saturn's moon Titan)

Need a search by name control or sub-select by secondary colors

Hoot Dragon appears as Water Dragon \o/

The1stCaretaker
02-27-18, 10:07 PM
Figured it out. Overview counts artic isles dragons. Forgot I had those because I haven't accessed in a while since playing on Droid. I love this codex. Not sure people realize since they're asking for it, but dragons can be traded for essence right from the codex!!! I also agree more dragons deserve their own tabs. If all resource dragons have their own tab then Gold should , and definitely champion, rainbow, stone elemental should. All these did have their own when first released. Also there's no need for cosmic to be in the star tab when it has its own tab and gramma dragon is in the star tab and that is 3 regular colors. Not complaining, just trying to help. I'd love to see all buildings and arena use the type chooser too. Keep up the good work and please don't let us fall behind with land especially with all dragons available now

Carbuck
02-27-18, 11:27 PM
Alright! That’s good news for Android users. Glad the developers finally fixed the problem with the new release.

chloesisland
02-27-18, 11:54 PM

I just checked and its now not showing. I only ever use my iPad. It was there because I remember looking for it specifically.

Jackiesq
02-28-18, 02:29 AM
Yeahhhh Thx Elsa I have the update!
Oh help, busy day, but I want to play now to check some things... 😆

Jackiesq
02-28-18, 03:54 AM
Okay S8/Elsa I have a few questions left, hope you can give me/us the answers and make the changes:

-Storm, Scarecrow and Lightning dragon are still locked by goal in my market! Now we have the Codex, shouldn't we on Android get the goals we were waiting for to be able to get this dragons easy by the goals from the Dragon Album we never had and never will get?
-Codex shows 2 ways to get dragons that I'm missing. Let's take Iris: buying for 900 gold, crafting for -800 essences! So I get 800 essences if I want to craft them? If not, I should get 900 gold for buying Iris! In both cases I'm in! 😂 But 1 of the 2 numbers must be wrong as you and I understand...
-Bright Phoenix and Thunderstorm both have the "Not breedable" mark in the Codex, but in the market and the Codex the text *Not found trough breeding* is missing. This was my indicator if a dragon in my market was breedable or not. But now I really don't know! Please don't give conflicted info about a dragon if I click on it in the Codex. Are they breedable or not?

Edit:
The bridge to the new island changed and it's awful to see that it's downgoing part, that was invisable first, ending trough the island iso against the new island (so the bridge is too long or the island flooded to the old island....) I checked on my Samsung A5 phone too, (because my Samsung 12.2" SM T900 tablet has more problems like this sometimes), but it's on both! Don't know if more players have it...

dovanificent
02-28-18, 06:31 AM
The Dark One is the only dragon i want

I have 6 diamond dragons to sacrifice. Plus need to find another 19 dragons to sacrifice. Then the Dark One will be mine.

lintav
02-28-18, 07:35 AM
Great new feature ! Thank you!

kooky panda
02-28-18, 09:41 AM
Great new feature ! Thank you!
Merging with current thread to keep all feedback together.

serpentray
02-28-18, 10:59 AM
It's available for android now! 😀

All great suggestions - this would help immensely!

I would also add;
5. Clicking 'Back' or off of a viewed dragon, keeps you on the same tab/filter/position. It's quite annoying to be halfway down the list of Green dragons, click on one, and then be sent back to the overall list again, vs. being able to continue down the list...

CranberryMil
02-28-18, 12:34 PM
Please remove Codex button from action bar , i click it accidentally when trying open the Bingo ,and have to wait 30 secs while codex loads

Also, why load all dragons before opening?

instead load and count dragons after filter to improve response times.

Sugarcat5
02-28-18, 12:38 PM
This is a wonderful feature and I appreciate the hard work of the S8 staff to put it together. However, the amount of essence needed to craft desired dragons is unreasonable especially given how little essence we get when dragons are sent thru the portal. Why do all the new things added to "help" our game take so long(add marble keys to this list)? Please S8...reconsider all the timing components of this game. It just seems to take forever to do anything useful these days. Thank you.

PrincessCouture2014
02-28-18, 04:02 PM
I just got Codex yesterday and firstly I was like "Oh! these are the same dragons we have in market" but then did a little digging and found out that No it's so much more and then going a little further I saw the amount of essence required. Well i might get the ones I wanted in next like 4,5 years maybe.

PrincessCouture2014
02-28-18, 04:04 PM
but tbh it's something really good and to be fair on their part they can't just give a cooked meal on our door step for free. So I can understand the high amount of essence required to craft an UR and expired dragons

FireballFarm
02-28-18, 04:54 PM
I was just checking out disenchantment values on some of my stored eggs. How disappointing. :(
Basing the disenchantment values on rarity, only, makes no sense. Look at this:

https://i.imgur.com/txTbsEu.jpg

A tri-color (including a minor type), never been available through breeding, takes 2 days just to hatch dragon has the same disenchantment value as a green/yellow, 4-hour, basic hybrid that everyone gets piles of as fails: 10 Essence. Totally NOT worth it. I'll just trade 4-hr Loch Nesses all day long instead of wasting 2 days hatching out the Good Luck for 10 piddly Essence.

The system needs to be tweaked to add more disenchantment value to dragons such as:
1. the harder to breed tri-colored dragons
2. dragons that contain minor types (like pink and black, which almost always split in the breeding den)
3. event/not acquired through breeding dragons
4. higher-evolved dragons (making an epic worth a bit more than juvenile, for example- evoing takes up a lot of time!)

The1stCaretaker
02-28-18, 05:46 PM
We could really use some more 5 dragon habitats now. I am completely maxed out. The amount of dragons released does not go with the amount of spots to place them and this isn't fair to players going all in to collect them all. Especially with older dragons available now and the need for duplicates again we desperately need space and habitat increase. I've asked a few times before but please consider making more habs be able to be upgraded to hold 5. It's just 1 little extra bit of help for space that we desperately need

chewingthecud
02-28-18, 06:20 PM
Hello. I posted this suggestion / plea on the suggestions and feedback page however it seems to have been moved or deleted so I want to make it again here - please consider adding eggs in storage into the codex. As they do not register as dragons owned, a large part of the codex’s functionality is lost. I have over 700 dragons and more than 200 in storage. I was so excited to finally have a way to know what I have and have not however as the codex is currently scripted, I still cannot do this with ease.
Thank you.

Den8137259
02-28-18, 07:25 PM
I was just checking out disenchantment values on some of my stored eggs. How disappointing. :(
Basing the disenchantment values on rarity, only, makes no sense. Look at this:

https://i.imgur.com/txTbsEu.jpg

WOW! and these had to be traded for 24 hours just to get 10 disenchantment points each? ★

S8 please give more disenchantment points by consideration of the dragon properties such as expiry status, repeating only by season, and by element/colour types. I would see this as a spectrum of disenchantment points for each of the dragons in the menu!

The discrete rarity classification by common (1), rare (10) and ultras (40+) may not be sufficient. Thank you! ★

skyharbor602
02-28-18, 07:46 PM
Luckily I have quite a few ultra rares I can trade in for 100 bottles each like the 2 extra Skelekings, numerous Diamonds, numerous diamond hybrids, and other monthly ultras. With that, it would take me 16 days to craft a Valiant or Achilles since they won't let me breed either.

Den8137259
02-28-18, 10:53 PM
I have always been keeping doubles or triplets of each dragon that i love in my collection, I follow what Noah would do (: ★

Maybe moving forward, I would disenchanted some to make way for the new entrants ★

skyharbor602: 16 days waiting for a Valiant or Achilles is just so cool! All are fab fighters! (: ★

suesbakery46
03-01-18, 12:35 AM
Thanks heaps for letting me know.