PDA

View Full Version : World Event Woes and Wishes

maddylboudet
02-07-18, 05:51 AM
Is anyone else as frustrated w the World Events in genereral, as I am?! Every go is a repeat of the last for me now. The jump in points required to get from the 2nd prize (500) to the 3d (1600) is 1100. With the quick nature of the event and the scant amount of points awarded for each task, getting just to the 3d prize without spending all your time and/or lots of gems, both of which I doubt many of the players can do ( you know, those little things like work, food, a roof over your head...). Then there?s the community prizes, which have an even higher access point. (2000+). There is usually a creature you can hatch and raise for additional points, but these seem to be rare and hard to get , with more births seemingly reported on the last day. I myself have not managed to procure any of these point giving animals for many, many months...w the current combination I am hatching a plethora of rampages, which is pretty funny because I?ve been playing for 2years and it was only a few weeks ago that I finally got my first rampage and completed that goal. I know it was not always this difficult. As a younger player, my odds were much better and I usually reached about halfway or more in these events, and accessed community prizes. Any chance of looking at this, maybe comparing it w events a year ago, two years ago, three? Even looking at Dragon Story, which has its own inflation problems but does at least have more opportunities to earn points.
Am I the only one discouraged by these events and unhappy when I open up my iPad to find a new world event is starting?

Sakrysta
02-07-18, 07:35 AM
You are not alone. We are all upset over the changes to the World Events. They changed the name to Forest Party and proceeded to take all the fun out of them. If I manage to score anything, it's the first individual animal. Since they changed the goals, I haven't unlocked the Community Prizes once. I have no idea if any of those goals are being achieved anymore, but somehow I doubt it.

This time I'm mostly planting for food quantity instead of hours/tokens, with the exception of doing mangoes overnight. Only MenollyPiper is evolving anything, in hopes of adding a Valentine element animal to that collection. I am keeping all my nests active, but that's no hardship, and MenollyPiper is only hatching Frostfangs, as I can't afford the coin output to do Lightning Leopards on that account yet. I'm having Persepheny and Sakrysta save all their potential evolutions for the next leaderboard. I am mining regularly on all accounts, but I'm mainly using the tokens as an excuse to not save my bombs and work toward runes for my next expansions.

So basically yeah, just treading water and throwing half-hearted effort at the event, biding my time for the next one that might have goals that are achievable.

Penguin2016
02-07-18, 10:19 AM
Yup. I agree with all of this.

Destiel0918
02-07-18, 10:30 AM
I also agree to all of this. World Events are now the things I hate. I consider even stop playing, or taking any part in them. Milestones are too high, and impossible to get without tons of gems. Not worth it. They have completely ruined world events for everyone.

Penguin2016
02-07-18, 01:35 PM
I also agree to all of this. World Events are now the things I hate. I consider even stop playing, or taking any part in them. Milestones are too high, and impossible to get without tons of gems. Not worth it. They have completely ruined world events for everyone.

Yup. I’ve even done some speed breeding for this one (not so much for the WE but to make sure I finished the rune goal at the end of the storybook on time, etc.) and still probably won’t even hit the 1600, since I have a life and can’t have perfect 24 hour breeding/growing/evolving every day.

MystiqueRealm
02-07-18, 05:26 PM
Agree about world events, I bred the plush pair but too far away from last milestone to get the deer. Another one I can't complete

Phoenix406
02-07-18, 09:18 PM
Same here. No chance at all of getting the deer even though I did a bunch of speed breeding. I unlocked community goals and, yes, the community does reach those every time (so far). We are about 1/4 - 1/3 of the way towards the runes. Already got the swan and the food. Would be more motivated if it were more like 15 runes. 8 is a piddly amount.

miadoubled
02-08-18, 09:00 AM
Im glad to know im not alone with my feelings on these events! I wish theyd take it into consideration and make the changes...or at least back to the way it used to be. I shouldn't be so far away from last prize with all the gems ive used! Praying i even make it to the community prizes with 24hours left to go and needing about 250 more points..and refusing to waste the last of my gems on it!

Sugarcat5
02-09-18, 09:47 AM
Yes I agree, the current point requirements are unreasonable. 3200 is just way too high. I have been lucky enough in the last few "parties" to make the 2000 needed for community prizes but haven't been able to get the final prize. It's very frustrating and absolutely takes the fun out of it. Why bother going for something u already know is not possible without spending lots of gold? Please S8 can u adjust the points so the majority of ur players at least have a shot at all the prizes?

JTelcontar
02-09-18, 02:11 PM
I can't even remember the last time I completed one of these (without spending real money to speed anything along...). Back when they first released this feature it was reasonable to expect you would get close to finishing and maybe even finish if you set alarms and consistently collected. I haven't changed the way I play (I set alarms for collections etc) and now I don't even unlock the community prizes. I have 2 nests, 1 evo, and 1 breeding.

Really frustrating to constantly have to vote that I didn't finish.

theone2001
02-20-18, 07:50 PM
Agree with everyone!!! Very disappointing and disheartening!!
I have 2 nests, 1 evo, 1 breeding den. I constantly have both nests full and plant 20 hour crops. I would prefer to plant my five hour high yield crops as I have millions of coins and can afford to do that. But the 20 hour crops give me the best chance of getting the points for the community event. I usually have to use some gems to speed something up so I can reach 2000 requirement to be eligible for community prizes.
They tell us the quantity for the apples or runes. But this last time I checked and runes were less than 10. NOT worth the Gems I spent. I won’t be doing this in the future!!!!!