PDA

View Full Version : Breeding time vs hatch time

graovac
02-06-18, 11:20 PM
So...since this is not happening for the first time I'm curious to ask this.
Does breeding time necessary mean same hatch time or they can differ and if yes in what circumstances?

dovanificent
02-07-18, 07:10 AM
Does breeding time necessary mean same hatch time or they can differ and if yes in what circumstances?

Mercury has a 3 hours hatching/evolving time and 1 hour breeding time

graovac
02-08-18, 03:13 AM
Ok. That is well noted but what about others?
So if this happens with others should this be considered as a reward or ... bug?

harobeda
02-09-18, 08:29 AM
Ok. That is well noted but what about others?
So if this happens with others should this be considered as a reward or ... bug?

If it happens on your main isles with any dragon other than Mercury I'd say it is a bug.

graovac
02-11-18, 05:06 PM
If it happens on your main isles with any dragon other than Mercury I'd say it is a bug.
Maybe for you and me since there is nobody commenting this?
Is it only me then?! And I had this happening few times... but I will stop for the moment and wait if others will comment.

1bvdl5
02-11-18, 09:22 PM
Which dragons are you noticing this on other than mercury?

graovac
02-12-18, 10:57 AM
Which dragons are you noticing this on other than mercury?
I can not pinpoint exact dragon since I often have few breeding outcomes with same breeding time and it happens randomly. Once I have only one outcome and it ended with firestorm. So at that time I reported and nothing was found wrong. Even screenies are useless if you ask me. You can not prove anything. And they say that nothing is wrong...
From my experience, I believe breeding is not just luck thing...sure it's 'luck'...depending in which basket did your account drop in when you oppened it for the first time...

Bastiaan0
02-12-18, 09:55 PM

Breeding and hatching should always be the same. If not, it's a bug, though I never experienced this.
In three cases (as far as I know) the evolution time differs from breeding/hatching time:
Mercury: 1 hour breeding/hatching and 3 hours evolution;
Fire: 10 seconds breeding/hatching and 20 seconds evolution;
Air: 2 hour breeding/hatching and 3 hours evolution.

graovac
02-16-18, 03:24 AM
I'm starting to note my breeding/hatching times and outcome and parents as well.
If this happens again I dont think I can prove it anyway, since storm8 can not see it they will not consider it...
I'm just hoping it wont happen ever again.

kooky panda
02-16-18, 10:57 AM
If you feel you have a glitch, please take a screenshot and post here.

chuckyt888
02-17-18, 01:32 AM
I just got a 20 hour breeding time on breeding two Dino dragons. I don't know of a 20 hour result from two Dino dragons. Anyone got a clue on this one?

chuckyt888
02-17-18, 09:45 PM
So the 20 hour breeding time off of breeding 2 Dino dragons turned out to be a Ringbearer.

This is clearly a bug in the breeding possibilities for two Dino dragons, right? I thought the Dino's base types may have been the cause but Dino dragons consist of red and green... and breeding two Dino dragons prevents any red and green combo dragons as a result anyway. They can only produce another Dino type or Forest or Fire.

Ringbearer is yellow and green. Am I missing something here? It seems like a lot of these dragons they are having us breed for events have issues with what types can produce them. This isn't the first time. I believe there was a red and yellow (I think?) type a couple months back that couldn't even be bred for several days using red and yellow dragons as the breeding partners.

Happy to get a Ringbearer but this needs looked at by the devs.

chuckyt888
02-17-18, 10:33 PM
I got a Dino dragon challenge in Bingo. That's one of the only reliable dragon hatch challenges left in Bingo. Just bred a Pterodactyl and Rex. Another 20 hour result so another Ringbearer. So now I can't even breed a Dino dragon for Bingo along with the rest of the Bingo dragon hatch challenges which produce nothing but the new common dragons that have been released over the last several months. No coincidence the types of these dragons that have been released line up exactly with the types of the dragons for the Bingo hatching challenges.

kooky panda
02-19-18, 07:26 AM
Thread has now gone off topic. For breeding questions and comments please use this thread:
Breeding Combos and Questions Part IV (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89721-Breeding-Combos-and-Questions-Part-IV)

Topic of this thread