PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story- neighbor list

Ladybeth55
02-05-18, 09:47 PM
Since the game upgraded I have lost my neighbor list. Can you tell me how to get it back. I tried uninstalling the game and then re-installing it, but it didn't help. I had over 40 neighbors.

SpiritWind00
02-05-18, 11:25 PM
Sometimes when you delete and reinstall, the game takes a while to reload the cache. Have you let your device sit on the social screen for a while? Does the Community list come up? Can you see the 3 tabs on the social screen? What device are you on? Some more info would be helpful before maybe sending you off to Support.

castlelindy
02-06-18, 11:46 AM
Since the game upgraded I have lost my neighbor list. Can you tell me how to get it back. I tried uninstalling the game and then re-installing it, but it didn't help. I had over 40 neighbors.
I have the same problem. On android. Community will come up. Blank neighbor screen. Get the word loading but then nothing comes up

PikaSquirrel
02-06-18, 12:02 PM
We're looking into this!

jesslc41
02-06-18, 08:49 PM
I have the same problem. On android. Community will come up. Blank neighbor screen. Get the word loading but then nothing comes up

I have exactly the same thing - the word loading shows up as usual but when it's done, the neighbour page is still blank. Community tab is fine. (Also on Android). It seems to be like this since the last update.

They still show up if I send gifts or request event items but I can only visit my neighbours if their name shows up in my news feed. And also if I try to visit them that way, the game crashes a lot (way more than it used to crash on me) - every 2nd or 3rd time when trying to go visit a neighbour from my news feed, it will crash.

Ladybeth55
02-06-18, 09:07 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one that these things are happening to. I am having the exact same problems. I thought it was because I ran my virus scanner.

Ladybeth55
02-08-18, 01:54 PM
Still don't have neighbor list, even new contacts won't show up. Please fix before I need them for a quest. Please keep me informed.

castlelindy
02-10-18, 03:06 AM
Weekend is here and still no fix. This really sucks. I know we only get 10 energy for visiting neighbors but any we can get helps. Especially since I have to chop 4 or 5 trees to get one lovekupine.

castlelindy
02-12-18, 11:25 AM
Got a message from support stating this was resolved. IT IS NOT RESOLVED

SpiritWind00
02-12-18, 02:01 PM
Please reply back to Support and reopen your ticket. I would suggest you first reinstall your game and double check if it’s corrected. Please note it is against the forum rules to discuss Support comms in thread.

PikaSquirrel
02-13-18, 11:59 AM

Unfortunately, this issue still hasn't bee resolved.

Ladybeth55
02-17-18, 11:01 AM
We're looking into this! This issue is still going on. I have not received any correspondence from anyone at Support. I gave you my email address, please fix this.

SpiritWind00
02-17-18, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry this is still ongoing. If it was a quick fix it would have been resolved. Please be patient. As soon as it's resolved S8 will post so keep checking the thread. If you have another device available to use you can use that to get any neighbor requests out. Thanks.

jesslc41
02-25-18, 01:05 AM
Still not resolved for me.

However despite the fact I still can't see my neighbour list, I have been able to send out neighbour requests for Sabrina's quest line both times that I needed to. And I received the replies on the counter for the goal and it also notified me on the news feed. That part of things doesn't appear to have been affected by this bug. Just the neighbours tab when I go into the social page.

castlelindy
03-03-18, 03:31 AM
Almost been a month with no resolution.

Cloudysky6400
03-05-18, 06:02 AM

I have the Same prob, been playing for about 4 years on Android and this has never happened before

Cloudysky6400
03-05-18, 06:06 AM
I can visit neighbours from news screen but not from social screen, very frustrating,please fix!

Cloudysky6400
03-05-18, 07:00 AM
I have exactly the same thing - the word loading shows up as usual but when it's done, the neighbour page is still blank. Community tab is fine. (Also on Android). It seems to be like this since the last update.

They still show up if I send gifts or request event items but I can only visit my neighbours if their name shows up in my news feed. And also if I try to visit them that way, the game crashes a lot (way more than it used to crash on me) - every 2nd or 3rd time when trying to go visit a neighbour from my news feed, it will crash.

Thank you S8, my neighbors are back!

Maggieogden1307
03-05-18, 08:31 AM

I have the same problem, very frustrating! Please fix! I have been playing for about 4 years and this has never happened.

Maggieogden1307
03-05-18, 11:36 PM
I have the same problem, very frustrating! Please fix! I have been playing for about 4 years and this has never happened.

I have two S8 I'd . One is cloudysky6400 which had this problem and it was fixed within 30 min, thanks!
The other I'd is maggieogden1307 which has this problem also and it has not been fixed , now 24 hrs and I still can't see my neighbours, please fix this quickly as it is very sad that something like this should happen to a big organisation like S8, PLEASE FIX!

Why have this prob now after playing for almost 4 years problem free?

AND! Now that I don't have any nbr list I have to,play off my news list, but I get kicked off my game after every 2/3 moves, even scrolling down the news kicks me off! WHY, WHY, WHY? Frustrated, please fix! I play for my pleasure and enjoyment, not for getting stressed and frustrated! Please!

Another day without nbrs and still not fixed? What's happening, I can't play like this and really don't want to stop playing because of something like this. S8 this is not like you, in the past you were always there when needed, I will have to quit this beautiful game, you leave me no other choice! Please fix now

Maggieogden1307
03-07-18, 07:57 AM
Hi there , I am on Android and my nbr list disappeared, i can see all three tabs on social screen, community works, i can send and receive gifts and requests but nbrs gone, i can't visit them, have to do it via news. Have moaned about this since yesterday morning to S8 and it is still not fixed. Dont know what to do. I have 2 tablets both android, the other tablet had the same prob but was fixed within 30 min, now this tablet is a big prob. This is the only game I play coz I love it and is totally committed, so I am very frustrated at the moment. Can u help?

Maggieogden1307
03-07-18, 08:03 AM
Sometimes when you delete and reinstall, the game takes a while to reload the cache. Have you let your device sit on the social screen for a while? Does the Community list come up? Can you see the 3 tabs on the social screen? What device are you on? Some more info would be helpful before maybe sending you off to Support.

I just wrote a msg meaning to speak to u but i don't know how to get it to you,,please read it.
Maggieogden1307
Thanks

PikaSquirrel
03-07-18, 02:38 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. The team is still investigating this issue.

Maggieogden1307
03-08-18, 06:45 AM
Thank you, this is really becoming an issue for me but thanks for the reply. Cant really play, i get kicked off the game after 2/3 moves.

Maggieogden1307
03-09-18, 04:46 AM
Is somebody really looking into my prob? It is now 4th day without nbrs, and i am really getting very aggrevated about it. Please i cant carry on like this, losing star rating and being thrown out the game after every 2/3 moves, even if just scrolling through news. PLEASE FIX URGENTLY! Thanks

Maggieogden1307
03-10-18, 03:01 AM
Saturday morning and still no nbrs! Fix now please! Ridiculous!

SpiritWind00
03-10-18, 03:46 AM
It's the weekend now so no work can be carried out and as you have already been advised, this issue is under investigation. why don't you log into your other device and load both your game through that? That might work if it's a device issue rather than an issue isolated to your game.

Do you know how to login between games on the same device? It's quite simple but you need to use a game with a login feature like Bakery Story.

If you play on android or IOS you can transfer your storm ID and games over to your new device. Please see the step by step instructions here in this post - Transfer your game / Logon on Feature (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887).

Maggieogden1307
03-10-18, 09:07 AM
Thanks for reply, weekends are made for playing games that is why i so much wanted this issue to be resolved by the weekend, logging into my other device won't work as I have another S8 I'd for that device, tried before and it is not possible. I just feel that the prob on the other tablet was fixed within 30 min. so why is it taking a whole week to be fixed on this tablet? I realise u guys are very busy, but I cannot understand why there is such a delay when the first prob was fixed so quickly. I have reinstalled the game twice thinking that might help, but the only thing that changed is that i got the new front page picture, nothing else changed. Thanks.

Maggieogden1307
03-12-18, 04:26 AM
U mentioned maybe left the tablet on one screen too long, maybe i did i don't know, if this is the case what then? Must i fix it from my side? How? I have re-installed and force close but did not help. Thanks for all ur help, appreciated,

Maggieogden1307
03-14-18, 02:37 AM
Can u please give me an update about my prob? It is now 8 days that i am playing without nbrs, very difficult and frustrating. I don't see other people reporting the same prob, am i the only one left with this prob? Really now getting very desperate to get this fixed,,please!

Looking back at all the queries I see that Castlelindy has had this same prob for over a month, gee wiz, i hope this won't take that long!

What's more, after every 2/3 moves or visiting i make the game throws me out completely, even when just scrolling, impossible to play like this!

Maggieogden1307
03-16-18, 05:30 AM
Friday and weekend yet again, but my problem is still not solved! Can u please give me an update of progress made, when can I expect to have my nbrs back?

Maggieogden1307
03-18-18, 03:54 AM
This morning I am really fed-up! I get thrown out the game after every gift i send and i still also have no nbr list, going for 2 weeks now.......please let me know if any progress has been made, PLEASE!

SpiritWind00
03-18-18, 02:11 PM
S8 do not work on weekends. Unfortunately it will still take more time. There are other urgent and pressing issues in castle story alone that's taking priority.

Going back to my earlier post, why don't you play both games on the device that's working? You don't have to only play one game on a device. I play multiple games/ID's on my current device. It's a little time consuming to do the swap between all of mine but with only 2 you should try it.

Maggieogden1307
03-20-18, 06:18 AM
Well if u can tell me how to change my S8 I'd i might be able to play 2 games on same device but so far i have not been able to. Once i am logged in it only recognises one id. This issue is becoming ridiculous and i know the Maya bug (which i also have on other device) will get first priority, but surely the staff is big enough to concentrate on 2 issues at a time? I cannot play without nbrs! I also pay for ur services like everybody else and don't like being pushed aside,,please help me. Been 3 weeks now!

SpiritWind00
03-20-18, 01:43 PM
I don't work for S8, I'm a volunteer on the forum to help players and escalate issues. I've written instructions in the Hub you can read to play both games on the same device. Lots of us do this so if you get stuck please let us know. Here's the link again. I hope it won't be too much longer for you. Be assured your issue is under investigation and being worked on.

Please see the step by step instructions here in this post - Transfer your game / Logon on Feature (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887).

Maggieogden1307
03-24-18, 01:40 AM
Thank you very much Spiritwind! I followed the instructions you sent me in the thread and I can now play both games on one device, but please don't forget about my problem, i still have no nbrs on my other device. Thanks again, you really helped me a lot! One last question, will any progress i make in the game be there when i play on the original device (the one with the problem) again?

SpiritWind00
03-25-18, 05:11 AM
Yes your progress goes with you on each device. Just make sure you force close the first game before launching the other ID to avoid syncing errors. I'm very happy it's working for you :)

Maggieogden1307
03-28-18, 05:50 AM
Yes, it is working but i get very confused, want to do the same thing on both games forgetting on which id i am playing. Even more frustrating is that i get rhrown out of the game after every 2nd move! Surely this can also be fixed, please i cant play like this, might as well stop all together coz it's not worth all the stress, supposed to be for my joy not frustration!

LadyRissaRenae
03-28-18, 10:44 AM
Is anyone else having the issue where you do not receive a reward for the first 2 neighbours you visit?

Maggieogden1307
04-03-18, 05:47 AM
Yes i also don't always get the bonus for visiting nbrs, specially when that little man on his horse is running to Timbaktoo and never getting anywhere!

I also want to know if there is any progress with the nbr list issue? I know it was Easter and a lot of holidays but surely it has been an issue long enough? Please try to fix, i can't play like this.

Another question please: i have 2 games with 2 diff id's, both android, why would the one game be upgraded to v 2.2 and the other (this game) is still on v 2.1? I thought when an upgrade is done by u all id's get changed, not only just a few, please could u also upgrade this game to v 2.2 otherwise i might get maya here still, she appears when i visit certain nbrs. Did not report it as there were so many reports about that issue. Thanks very much.

Maggieogden1307
04-03-18, 06:25 AM
Just had maya on my game, she is very active still, please upgrade this game to v 2.2 asap, thanks

LadyRissaRenae
04-03-18, 06:58 AM
Another question please: i have 2 games with 2 diff id's, both android, why would the one game be upgraded to v 2.2 and the other (this game) is still on v 2.1? I thought when an upgrade is done by u all id's get changed, not only just a few, please could u also upgrade this game to v 2.2 otherwise i might get maya here still, she appears when i visit certain nbrs. Did not report it as there were so many reports about that issue. Thanks very much.

You probably have to download the upgrade on both devices. I imagine it's the app that gets the upgrade, not your player account.

Maggieogden1307
04-05-18, 12:21 AM
I have tried to download the upgrade, there is nothing to download, no upgrade available, have tried via play store and google

Maggieogden1307
04-06-18, 11:02 PM
PLEASE!! After about a month i still have no nbr list and i get kicked out the game after every 3rd move. This is now very frustrating and aggravating, i cant play without nbrs! My other device was upgraded to v2.2 about a week ago and works like a dream. Maya still very much active on this game as it is still on v2.1, no upgrade available on Google or play store, this has to come from your side S8, nothing I can do about it!
Please help me here asap! I cant understand what the hold up is when the other device is upgraded but not this one!

PikaSquirrel
04-18-18, 10:44 AM
Is anyone still missing their neighbors after upgrading to 2.2.0.1g? This update is still being rolled out to everyone, if you don't see this update yet you should see it soon.

Maggieogden1307
04-27-18, 01:19 AM
I still have no nbr list since about the beginning of March.....this is not funny! The little horsman comes running even while scrolling, msgs i type disappear, sometimes i have to retype msg 5/6 times before it goes through. Maya still very very active and still no upgrade available on play store or Google. If u released upgrades to more devices my device is not one of those, i am still on v2.1 and will have to stop playing the game, cant play like this!! The prob with Dojo was fixed almost immediately, cant understand why this is taking almost 2 months! Please fix this NOW!!!
What i cant understand is that this game is v2.2 when i play on other device, but on this device it is still v2.1, cant use other device all the time as we have timed quests at the moment, so this is not possible. Doing timed quest on this device is total chaos! Can never finish any quest! Please fix!!
Also i don't get the initial bonus gift for visiting nbrs!

castlelindy
05-13-18, 04:12 AM
Just got my neighbors back today. Sooooo happy