PDA

View Full Version : COLOSSEUM: Shivering Snuggler - 2018 Feb 2

Rynetory2
02-02-18, 04:25 AM
Shivering Snuggler - new creature
More information on Shivering Snuggler (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1490540&viewfull=1#post1490540) in Creatures Guide.

Refer to Battle Chart (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463666&viewfull=1#post1463666) in Main Guide if you need help.

Starting this thread for you to discuss on this creature and the battles in the Colosseum. :)

Shivering Snuggler (Limited & Unbreedable)

Element: Valentine, Water
Rarity: Super Rare
Cost: 1,200 gems

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41891

1. Get 50 paw prints for 750 petals
2. Get 75 paw prints for 750 petals
3. Get 75 paw prints for 750 petals
4. Get 95 paw prints for 750 petals
5. Hatch Shivering Snuggler for 1000 petals

Shivering Snuggler Valentine/Water 8 hours hatch time

Myo2012
02-02-18, 02:21 PM
This can't be right! Why are there petals to be earned by winning streaks within the Colosseum? I play on Android so I don't have a Colosseum, only Apple users have that!
Storm8, if you give players the chance to earn more petals by participating in the Colosseum you should either make this an option for Android as well, give them another goal or just not make it a goal at all!
This way you make your loyal Android players less important and bully them in a very childish way!
I feel let down by you!

AppieP
02-02-18, 03:02 PM
This can't be right! Why are there petals to be earned by winning streaks within the Colosseum? I play on Android so I don't have a Colosseum, only Apple users have that!
Storm8, if you give players the chance to earn more petals by participating in the Colosseum you should either make this an option for Android as well, give them another goal or just not make it a goal at all!
This way you make your loyal Android players less important and bully them in a very childish way!
I feel let down by you!

I'm playing on android and have the colosseum. Not everyone has the opportunity to play in the colosseum.

Penguin2016
02-02-18, 04:20 PM
And in regards to the colosseum, I wonder if not enough people seemed interested in the near impossible feat of beating it? Or if they actually took my advice and added a new way to earn points for the second (requires breeding) animal. If so, thank you! If not, it'll be interesting to see if I still try. I DO NOT battle in the colosseum. It never crosses my mind.:confused:

I got excited because I thought I’d have a chance of getting the more difficult of the two animals (the one that requires the limited breeding), but nope, the colosseum prize goes towards the event animal instead, which I always get pretty easily anyway. Kind of a bait and switch, IMO. You’re probably right that people aren’t really participating in the collusseum (I actually tried this past one and only got to 220!!), but it’s still not much of an incentive.

DirkDragon
02-02-18, 04:52 PM
I'm playing on android and have the colosseum. Not everyone has the opportunity to play in the colosseum.

Why not? I totally agree with Myo2012, either we all have it or none of us. Why should some players be given an unfair advantage over the rest of us? Come on, S8, let's have a level playing field!

centraloffice
02-02-18, 05:31 PM
Why not? I totally agree with Myo2012, either we all have it or none of us. Why should some players be given an unfair advantage over the rest of us? Come on, S8, let's have a level playing field!

So I see where it tells me to go to the Colosseum but when I click "go" nothing happens. Am I one who doesn't get it either? Just the teaser?

mysticalfairy320
02-02-18, 06:43 PM

I am on android, It finally shows I have the coliseum but I can't find it, I tap on it and nothing happens, help!

bonniesafire
02-03-18, 01:22 AM
I am on android but I don't have colosseum. I am on version 1.7.3.1g. Please help me.

AppieP
02-03-18, 01:54 AM
I am on android, It finally shows I have the coliseum but I can't find it, I tap on it and nothing happens, help!
Sorry to inform you, but it looks like you can play it right now. If you have the colosseum and you tap on it, you can see a battle picture on the right buttom of your screen. Tap on that to enter the colosseum. After that it's the same as entering the battlegrounds or a tournament. Choose a opponent and fight. Hope you/everyone get the opportunitie to play in the colosseum.

I am on android but I don't have colosseum. I am on version 1.7.3.1g. Please help me.
???? Android 7.0 is the latest version, which I have btw. Don't know if that has to do with it.

Sugarcat5
02-03-18, 07:19 AM
I don't see a colosseum in my game(also android user). Where would it be if I had it? I also don't understand how some people have it and some don't. Does it matter what device you are using, like phone vs tablet?

PookieBearsGirl
02-03-18, 07:55 AM
This makes me sad. If a part of the game is only available to some, that seems like an oversight on S8's part. I get that adding Android users to the game is a new thing, but seriously? ADD them to your system. Don't pick and choose how and when.

And yeah, Penguin2016, that was sneaky! I looked at it real quick and assumed they were nice and added it the way we'd like... Nope! I participate in all the events and end up getting the event animal early because of it. The breed animal takes a loooooooot of gems and time because I can't breed a single one of the required animals. That was cruel.:(

SorchaStarfyre
02-03-18, 05:06 PM
I, too, saw the petals for the colloseum and am on Android. I looked for the icon, clicked on the "go" button, but there is no where to go to, because my version doesn't have it. I agree that we should have another option, or at the very least, don't clutter the screen flaunting the possibility for petals, if our game doesn't support the colloseum.

Eluzyion
02-03-18, 05:56 PM
Hi guys! Just popping in quick with a little info for those doing coliseum! good luck!

AppieP
02-04-18, 12:40 AM
Thanks E. Long time no see;).
Thanks for the info and congrats at finishing the Colosseum.

Step 2 and 3 are the same btw. I thought the steps were collect in total, but I think now that for each step we need to collect the amount of paw prints the steps shows us.

Am I the only one who only gets really hard opponents so far. The last 6 were only Crystal hybrids. I'm only at 12 paw prints so far. Hope I can complete this one.
The last one I miss sadly enough.

happyhoppa
02-04-18, 01:38 PM
I'm on Android and only got the colosseum after updating to version 1.8

HolzRollerGang
02-04-18, 02:01 PM
where did you find the version 1.8 for android?!? :confused:

MauiLady7
02-04-18, 05:05 PM

I have android and if you don't have the coliseum try updating your game. That worked for me. If your colliseum shows but when you tap it and nothing happens, look in the bottom right screen corner. There is a red shield that you need to tap for it to open. Tapping the coliseum itself will not open the event. You must tap the red shield. I hope this helps some. Thanks S8 for giving us precious petals throughout the game. I haven't even come close to winning it before, but this gives us some incentive to play at least.

Has anyone won this event from the past tournaments? Just curious.The amount of matchesis 335 is an awful high amount. You'd have to win 10 a day. I think if you dropped it to 5 a day like you do with the tournaments it would seem more appealing. Plus if there is a tournament going on, I will play the tournament over the coliseum. I stand a much better chance winning an animal in a tournament. I believe the animals get worn out.

PookieBearsGirl
02-05-18, 08:07 AM
Am I the only one who only gets really hard opponents so far. The last 6 were only Crystal hybrids. I'm only at 12 paw prints so far. Hope I can complete this one.
The last one I miss sadly enough.

I managed to collect 19 paw prints but got stuck. I've been battling the same animal for more than a day now.:mad:

miadoubled
02-05-18, 08:24 AM
Hi guys! Just popping in quick with a little info for those doing coliseum! good luck!

I think this is great! Definitely makes me more intrigued to play the colosseum since ive never won one, if theres no tourney i usually wont keep up...but this little guys adorable and gives me points for what i want most...win win! Thanks for the info.;)

Callyvitale19
02-05-18, 09:51 AM

Shivering Snuggler Valentine/Water 8 hours hatch timewow Eluzyion, I know you are able to do tournaments quickly with very few fails but a collesium, im truly impressed. You are definitely the queen of battles. You must have one very useful battle chart that you use. Congrats on your win.

Eluzyion
02-05-18, 10:14 AM
Came to let you guys know, since there's no side quest to get petals for WE animals this time, seems they've replaced that with coloseum (not good IMO) in past after finishing first event you had 51% toward month animal, in this case Muliet. I've bred both plush animals and lvld to 10, finished WE got all animals there, and completed coloseum and Max is 40%, therefore if you don't do coloseum you'll have a harder time getting Muliet unless they add way more tasks to get petals this month.

wow Eluzyion, I know you are able to do tournaments quickly with very few fails but a collesium, im truly impressed. You are definitely the queen of battles. You must have one very useful battle chart that you use. Congrats on your win.

Thank you, I couldn't battle without it! I have a good streak going..But I'm Android and android battle results are negated here because s8 refuses to give us the strength/weakness words so lol btw congrats on breeding the plush pair so quickly! ;) sorry you didn't get credit for the egg pics but I'm sure everyone here appreciates the times and pics you posted :)

ty Appie and Mia! Yes Appie, as you do coloseum and reach a milestone the counter goes to 0 on petals so two milestones are the same amt of paw prints to get :)

good of luck everyone!

MystiqueRealm
02-05-18, 10:20 AM
Eluzyion I miss your chart you are the FFS BattleMaster! Cally we do appreciate you starting the plush threads and giving the info thank you!

Callyvitale19
02-05-18, 10:29 AM
Came to let you guys know, since there's no side quest to get petals for WE animals this time, seems they've replaced that with coloseum (not good IMO) in past after finishing first event you had 51% toward month animal, in this case Muliet. I've bred both plush animals and lvld to 10, finished WE got all animals there, and completed coloseum and Max is 40%, therefore if you don't do coloseum you'll have a harder time getting Muliet unless they add way more tasks to get petals this month.

Thank you, I couldn't battle without it! I have a good streak going..But I'm Android and android battle results are negated here because s8 refuses to give us the strength/weakness words so lol btw congrats on breeding the plush pair so quickly! ;) sorry you didn't get credit for the egg pics but I'm sure everyone here appreciates the times and pics you posted :)

ty Appie and Mia! Yes Appie, as you do coloseum and reach a milestone the counter goes to 0 on petals so two milestones are the same amt of paw prints to get :)

good of luck everyone!I realize that android doesn't give the strength when battleing but obviously it's not that important because you are able to accomplish win after win without it. Seems that it might be more of a problem than a help. Thanks for the kudos from you and mystique on breeding plush.

Alohatami
02-05-18, 10:34 AM
I'm on Android and only got the colosseum after updating to version 1.8
Do you mean updating the game version to 1.8? When I go to to the Google Play store, I only have the options to open or uninstall. I don't see an update option, and the version in the store is 1.7something.

MystiqueRealm
02-05-18, 10:39 AM
Do you mean updating the game version to 1.8? When I go to to the Google Play store, I only have the options to open or uninstall. I don't see an update option, and the version in the store is 1.7something.

Are you on original version land before dragons? Mines 1.8 too and colliseum works. If you don't see update do a search for it I think that's how I got it to come up with an update

MystiqueRealm
02-05-18, 10:44 AM
I realize that android doesn't give the strength when battleing but obviously it's not that important because you are able to accomplish win after win without it. Seems that it might be more of a problem than a help. Thanks for the kudos from you and mystique on breeding plush.

Agree we can read the bar we aren't dumb, it would just be way easier with strength words shown

Alohatami
02-05-18, 03:41 PM
Are you on original version land before dragons? Mines 1.8 too and colliseum works. If you don't see update do a search for it I think that's how I got it to come up with an update
As far as I can tell, that's the one I'm on. And it's not 1.8 for me. I did find two other versions of the game I had no idea even existed - FFS: Magic Masters! And FFS: True Love!

Rynetory2
02-05-18, 08:35 PM

Android players, all players, are very welcome to post results and no one should feel negated. :) Good to have you back. I see other Android members posting, so join in if you like.

Agree we can read the bar we aren't dumb, it would just be way easier with strength words shown
Aye easier with hit strength shown. I could see it confusing differentiating a critical hit with others. No news on hit strength for Android yet but I'll keep checking. :)

Callyvitale19 - I'm afraid your photos blurred out so I couldnt use them. Zoom in maximum to the eggs would help. However I started those threads using your posts to give you the credits. Thanks for posting them, you are appreciated. :)

(If anyone has questions regarding forum or threads, feel free to send me a private message (https://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069). Thanks.)

Rynetory2
02-05-18, 08:38 PM
As far as I can tell, that's the one I'm on. And it's not 1.8 for me. I did find two other versions of the game I had no idea even existed - FFS: Magic Masters! And FFS: True Love!

The version varies according to devices. Dont worry it is not version 1.8 for you. Hope this helps.

Here's the link to the regular version, recommended to play on regular version, if anyone needs it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.fantasy

Alohatami
02-06-18, 10:06 AM
The version varies according to devices. Dont worry it is not version 1.8 for you. Hope this helps.
So only some android devices can access the colosseum? I guess Galaxy S7s aren't on the list yet, then, because I don't seem to have it.

miadoubled
02-06-18, 11:01 AM
So only some android devices can access the colosseum? I guess Galaxy S7s aren't on the list yet, then, because I don't seem to have it.

I have the 7 and was able to finally access the colosseum two months back.. i had to uninstall and reinstall the regular version because i had the one from last valentines when i started. Hope you can figure it out, and this helps!

Alohatami
02-07-18, 02:42 AM
I have the 7 and was able to finally access the colosseum two months back.. i had to uninstall and reinstall the regular version because i had the one from last valentines when i started. Hope you can figure it out, and this helps!
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that, but still no colosseum.

AppieP
02-08-18, 11:33 AM
Wow i finally made it to 50 points so far. Afraid I don't finish this one on time.

cowgurlup29
02-11-18, 09:09 AM
I'm in the same boat as you.

miadoubled
02-11-18, 09:29 AM
Wow i finally made it to 50 points so far. Afraid I don't finish this one on time.

Same! Its been a struggle.. im at like 4 /75. Ive never finished one but jeez... i at least make it 80% of the way. It stinks since i want muliet so bad!

nativeelfstar
02-11-18, 10:45 AM
This one does seem a little bit more challenging than others have been. Good luck to everyone trying!

cowgurlup29
02-17-18, 06:51 PM
How do you defeat a squirrel away? Please help me.

Destiel0918
02-17-18, 06:57 PM
How do you defeat a squirrel away? Please help me.

You mean food? Use fire.

nativeelfstar
02-18-18, 11:05 AM
Is anyone close or completed this? I am only close to being half way ��

Destiel0918
02-18-18, 11:33 AM
Is anyone close or completed this? I am only close to being half way ��

Yes, I completed it - few weeks ago.

PookieBearsGirl
02-18-18, 09:03 PM
Wow! That's very impressive! I'm not even at half. I started strong but knew I'd fizzle out half way. It's too much for soooooo long. One week is plenty for me, thanks.

cowgurlup29
02-20-18, 08:53 AM
Yes, I completed it - few weeks ago.
Battle chart please

cowgurlup29
02-20-18, 08:54 AM

good of luck everyone!

Can you post your battle chart for me please? Eluzyion

Sakrysta
02-20-18, 09:44 AM
The Colosseum has random opponents. The animals you face will not be the same as those other players face. The best thing to do is to check the Battlegrounds and Tournaments (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102175-Battlegrounds-and-Tournaments-discussion-and-test-results) thread to see what elements are strong against the elements of your specific opponent.

Tournaments and Battlegrounds have a specific animal for each round. The Colosseum does not. At least it shows you what animal you're battling BEFORE you have to choose your fighter. The Battlegrounds drive me crazy having to either look up the old thread here or just guess.

AppieP
02-20-18, 10:26 AM
You can also check the battle chart (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463666&viewfull=1#post1463666) if you looking for which element you need to use against a opponent.
Rynetory2 also place the results from the Battlegrounds and Tournaments thread in here.
Good luck

Sakrysta
02-20-18, 12:54 PM
^I knew there had to be a better place, but I couldn't remember where it was. Thanks AppieP!

AppieP
02-20-18, 02:48 PM
^I knew there had to be a better place, but I couldn't remember where it was. Thanks AppieP!

Your welcome Sakrysta. Will try help where ever I can.

violetfarm105
02-20-18, 08:58 PM
Any suggestions for specific animals that can beat treasure ones? I’ve tried Electric/Nature, Water/Nature, Earth/Nature, Royal/Nature, Music/Nature, Spooky/Nature, LivingWood(tree)/Nature & Spooky/Nature. I’ve used all Nature with almost everyone. I’m very frustrated as I have had several different treasure animals in a row.

Destiel0918
02-20-18, 09:04 PM
Any suggestions for specific animals that can beat treasure ones? I’ve tried Electric/Nature, Water/Nature, Earth/Nature, Royal/Nature, Music/Nature, Spooky/Nature, LivingWood(tree)/Nature & Spooky/Nature. I’ve used all Nature with almost everyone. I’m very frustrated as I have had several different treasure animals in a row.

Use your rarest high level Nature animal for best chance. I know it is frustrating, but it actually doesn't matter, using Nature is best advantage you CAN have, it doesn't mean you will win every battle, but Nature is your best bet. Don't worry about the other element - use Nature only.

Destiel0918
02-20-18, 09:05 PM
I really wish they would give us some special animals to fight - skull, autumn, christmas, tree - etc...It gets boring if I only ever meet the same common hybrids over and over again and Colosseum was supposed to be all about - test your animal strengths and weaknesses...

Rynetory2
02-21-18, 07:10 AM
I really wish they would give us some special animals to fight - skull, autumn, christmas, tree - etc...It gets boring if I only ever meet the same common hybrids over and over again and Colosseum was supposed to be all about - test your animal strengths and weaknesses...

I totally agree. Tis the same few regular hybrids. At least the opponents in the current xo fox tournament are more interesting. :p

Aside to others: What about you guys? Are you fighting the same few oldies in the colosseum?

Sakrysta
02-22-18, 09:31 PM
I just had a disturbing glitch. I started a battle in the Colosseum, and my opponent showed as the Tortigloo. When I actually entered the battle, the opponent changed to a Money Badger. FORTUNATELY, I chose Nature as my fighting element, which is strong against both Electric/Earth and Gem (Treasure). But if it hadn't been, I would have been VERY annoyed!

I don't think I've been seeing as many unusual opponents in the Colosseum as we did in the beginning, but I haven't been really paying attention. I will think about it as I battle going forward.

nativeelfstar
02-23-18, 04:55 PM
I have been having issues with having to play the same levels over and over. So I am going to give up on this one. I am sad I will not be getting this animal.

Faewytch
03-02-18, 09:08 AM
So FF finally decides to give android users the Colosseum, yay! But we're only given 24 hours to complete it? BOO!!!

I have less than 4 hours remaining on mine, and I have like one creature defeated, maybe two. Nowhere near the 330-odd that I need to finish. What's up with that, FF, some sort of cruel tease?

Nevermind that we don't get links to watch videos for gems (at least, I don't), and have to rely on friends to supply a meager three...THREE gems, a day. Period. How utterly stingy of you, especially when creatures can cost up to $50 real money, for ONE cool critter. You could give gems as event rewards, but do you? Nooooooo.

Now you finally offer the Colosseum, only to tease us with that shivering snuggler, so far out of our reach? 330 creatures, in a 24 hour window, with an hour wait in between? For shame.

I wrote you eons ago, about how the Bell Fairy hover during battles is too high, her head gets cut off by her stat bar. You listened, but did you fix it? No. I have been patiently waiting all this time to see her hover get fixed, but nope. You keep pushing new content but neglecting to repair the old. Greedy, says I.

And now you lay this impossible Colosseum on us, giving us a chance to get that darling shivering snuggler, but it's not a real chance. So now you're just teasing, cruelly. Shame shame SHAME on you. For shame.

AppieP
03-02-18, 10:46 AM
Your timer is right, but you get the Colloseum offer on the last moment, right before the creature (Shiffering Snuggler) expired. Same as we all have. So next time a new creature appears you have the same amount as we all. Hope this helps.

Sugarcat5
03-02-18, 12:08 PM
The colosseum has finally shown up in my game. Too bad there is only 3 hours left before the current battle is over so I don't have ANY chance at getting the prize animal. I'm happy that i am finally able to participate but I really don't understand the timing of giving me something so late in the current battle cycle.