PDA

View Full Version : FOREST PARTY: Sweethearts - 2018 Feb 2 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
02-01-18, 07:28 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41826

How to play?
In the Sweethearts event, you and other players will collect Lovely Sweets to earn individual and community prizes!

You can earn Lovely Sweets by doing the following:
- Earn up to 250 points by raising a Cuddly Cub to level 10
- Earn up to 250 points by raising a Cozy Cuddler to level 10
- Hatching animals from your Nest
- Harvesting food at your Farms
- Evolving your animals
- Breeding your animals (2x Bonus from breeding during this event!)
- Obtaining the Sweetheart or the Sweet Stack
- Digging in the Mine

Once you collect enough Lovely Sweets to earn the first individual prize, the second individual prize will unlock. After the community collectively gathers enough Lovely Sweets to earn a community prize, all players who have collected enough Lovely Sweets to be eligible will receive it.

Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Sweetheart : 100 lovely sweets
Second Prize: Sweetheart Tile : 250 lovely sweets
Third Prize: Sweetheart Shrub : 500 lovely sweets
Fourth Prize: Chocolate Pawberry (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1490541&viewfull=1#post1490541) : 1,600 lovely sweets
Fifth Prize: Sweethart (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1490543&viewfull=1#post1490543) : 3,200 lovely sweets

Community Prizes
(unlocks at 2,000 - meaning once you have collected 2,000 lovely sweets, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Sweet Swan (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1490542&viewfull=1#post1490542)
Second Prize: Food
Third Prize: Runes

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41892

Event Boosts
Sweetheart - Collect 4 lovely sweets / 4 hrs (75 gems)
Sweet Stack - Collect 16 lovely sweets / 4 hrs (250 gems)

Goals
Cuddles and Confection
Goal 1
Hatch a Cuddly Cub (breed Earth + Fire)
REWARD: 100 lovely sweets

Goal 2

Level to 10 for 150 sweets

Sweet Snuggles
Goal 1
Hatch a Cozy Cuddler (breed Earth + Fire)
REWARD: 100 lovely sweets

Goal 2

Get cozy cuddler to level 10 for 150 sweets

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Sweetheart 15h hatch
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41992

Sweet swan 8 hr hatch time
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41993

Rynetory2
02-01-18, 07:49 PM
The deer is so beautiful! Dare I hope that it wont be the last individual prize? I wont be able to get it if it is...

mysticalfairy320
02-01-18, 09:47 PM
Valentines is tied with Christmas animals as my most favorite!

G4OU812
02-01-18, 09:57 PM
I'm guessing this will start on the 2nd (tomorrow, 2 am maybe?) kind of like in Dragon Story.

NannaSherry
02-02-18, 09:47 AM
My pessimism with the world events of late, makes me think the pink swan will be easily obtained, the sweetheart raccoon unlocking at 2,000 and the lovely stag/deer unobtainable for most of us. You know, I used to love the world events. We had 10 days, not 6; community prizes unlocked at 300 not 2,000. 2,000 USED to get you the final prize. And the in between goals were habitats and more useful earnings, rather than hideous decorations we can't fit in our kingdom. It was democratic and I liked the idea of helping the community (especially lower level players) earn wonderful free animals. Keeps you interested as it takes awhile to amass a respectable and varied forest. Knowing after the last year that this is the case, I've decided to just plant for optimum food rather than earning points for hours planted and be ready for the leaderboard and storybooks. So sad as the world events were once my favorite.

Penguin2016
02-02-18, 11:58 AM
My pessimism with the world events of late, makes me think the pink swan will be easily obtained, the sweetheart raccoon unlocking at 2,000 and the lovely stag/deer unobtainable for most of us. You know, I used to love the world events. We had 10 days, not 6; community prizes unlocked at 300 not 2,000. 2,000 USED to get you the final prize. And the in between goals were habitats and more useful earnings, rather than hideous decorations we can't fit in our kingdom. It was democratic and I liked the idea of helping the community (especially lower level players) earn wonderful free animals. Keeps you interested as it takes awhile to amass a respectable and varied forest. Knowing after the last year that this is the case, I've decided to just plant for optimum food rather than earning points for hours planted and be ready for the leaderboard and storybooks. So sad as the world events were once my favorite.

Yup. I might try for the 1600 this time since I like these animals, but I won’t be spending more than a handful of gems to do so.

MystiqueRealm
02-02-18, 12:26 PM

Yes, good thing I don't care about these animals, I'll be planting too

AuroraLava
02-02-18, 12:56 PM
First prize: Sweetheart. Collect 4 lovely sweets every 4 hours, Unlocks at 100 sweets
Second prize Sweetheart tile decoration. Unlocks at 250 sweets.

Phoenix406
02-02-18, 02:11 PM
The World Events/Parties have become my least favorite event, mainly for the reasons NannaSherry posted. It is way too hard even to unlock the community prizes. I have to have that swan, though, as I have poultry in real life, and I think she is very cute. The last prize is virtually unobtainable.

On a side note, I am wondering why the top prizes anymore always seem to be deer and horses. Are they more popular than other animals, and people will be more inclined to spend gems to get them? I would like to see more variety in the animals they put out. Even the birds look alike anymore: Peregrine Djinn and Jingle Wings look like a pair, and Wassail Wren and Crowvember look like a pair. Have they ever done a magpie? That would be colorful and new.

cuffy1
02-02-18, 02:19 PM
Shall not bother, don’t like having to spend gems just to be in with a chance of unlocking community prize. Another one who will be building up food stock!

PookieBearsGirl
02-02-18, 03:58 PM
I wasn't expecting much for this month, you know, in regards to design. This first set is alright. The breedable pair is alright. But the main pair are gorgeous! I don't know, I'm particular. Past designs have been great but sometimes they put a little too much emphasis on the "heart" part of it all.

I will still be trying to get as far as possible for this event, it'll earn me some points for the main pair. But I really couldn't care less about these animals.

And in regards to the colosseum, I wonder if not enough people seemed interested in the near impossible feat of beating it? Or if they actually took my advice and added a new way to earn points for the second (requires breeding) animal. If so, thank you! If not, it'll be interesting to see if I still try. I DO NOT battle in the colosseum. It never crosses my mind.:confused:

nativeelfstar
02-02-18, 04:23 PM
When you look in the information for the world event it still says royal rings and royal scepters near the bottom where it tells you ways to earn. Shouldn?t they be amorous arrows and precious petals?

luna2cute
02-02-18, 06:40 PM

Agreed. I am not participating in community events until they change the format to be more like it was before. Either lower required numbers or longer time.

Time to plant and harvest and store up some food!

Dollbabie89
02-02-18, 06:52 PM
I'm an Android user and have the collisium, but I hate the fact that the community events u now have to have 2,000 points, I never reach that unless I buy gems. Which I truly don't have the money to buy. Hoping for good luck on trying to breed Cuddly cub, last few months I have a horrid time breeding any of the animals besides some that were a goal. :(

Penguin2016
02-02-18, 08:50 PM
The one positive thing I can add here is that at least the two super rares to breed are the same element combo, meaning we can try for both simultaneously.

With that, and the new points available via the colosseum- they’re obviously hearing our complaints. So it’s interesting that the forest party structure still remains unchanged. Maybe they’re waiting to see if they lose more money from it?

AppieP
02-03-18, 06:43 AM
Third price 500 lovely sweets.

mypreciou83
02-03-18, 08:12 AM
I think it's ridiculous and greedy to give a task that requires the colosseum when not everyone has it. I don't therefore can't participate. In also over WE until they lower the amount, haven't been able to get it last 3 times.

ThynaSmith
02-03-18, 08:38 AM

I couldn?t agree more. I don?t even place that first decoration that earns you points anymore.

GreytMom
02-03-18, 09:57 AM

Right there with you all. Only points I'll get on this one are through regular breeding & building up my food stock. I don't even bother evolving on the WE anymore. I bought the habitat, but there will be no other gems spent from me. Last time I bought gems was before Thanksgiving and I used to buy a safe per month.
Until the WE's change, I won't be actively participating in them.

Funner52
02-03-18, 10:16 AM
Omg ur kidding! Everything used to be obtained that easily? NO! I can hardly believe that! I sure wish I was from the past. XD

PookieBearsGirl
02-03-18, 10:53 AM
I, too, remember those days. I remember one of the first WEs was for the first set of Spring animals. My god! I was so excited because all of the animals were adorable, or, the Peony Pony?!:o She was stunning! I remember loving the habitat we got - FOR FREE - and just barely getting to the last milestone to get her. I was so proud of myself and everyone who participated because it was a victory for ALL! I loved that feeling. That feeling of accomplishment! I don't get that anymore. Haven't for awhile. I miss that. I hate that they've changed this to impossible. I don't finish these anymore, heck, I don't even try! It's pointless!

AppieP
02-03-18, 11:02 AM
Let's hope the poll would be negative for S8. And that no one vote they like this event, and maby, maby they will change the events like we all know and liked.
I also don't even bother for this WE.

Callyvitale19
02-03-18, 11:47 AM
I also am not a big fan of WE anymore and I wasn't overwhelmed with these animals as well but I did like the cozy cuddler and cuddly cub along with Muliet and romeow. So I guess by going after these animals I'm gaining pts with this WE. I guess what animals i get from WE will be in storage for awhile. Good luck everyone on obtaining your goals.

Alohatami
02-03-18, 01:03 PM
Add me to the group of players that's sitting out this WE. I, too, agree that they used to be fun, because they were obtainable. The past three or four of these, I barely made 1,600 points, and that was with constant babysitting of my game. I have neither the time, nor the money that is currently required to even hit unlocking the community events. The final prize animal may as well not even be there for me as there's no way I could accomplish it with my real life constraints. I will plant, and breed for other goal animals, and evolve as needed for that, but that's it. I did put out the little sweets box to get a few extra points when I remember to collect from it. If I win a few prizes along the way, thats great. But I definitely won't be trying for it.

gramland
02-03-18, 02:15 PM
I have been on a lucky streak with this event. I was able to breed both Cozy Cuddler and Cuddly Cub. Yes I did speed breed but did not spend as much gems as before. I really love these animals and Valentines Day is very special to me because it is my Wedding Anniversary!

feliomob
02-03-18, 02:16 PM
Honestly I love fantasy forest story events. But the problem is they are actually really feeling too ?pay to win? lately. Doing your best on these challenges and events aren?t enough anymore. The bear is pretty cute tho. Anyone know the times of the cuddly animals?

AppieP
02-03-18, 02:29 PM
Honestly I love fantasy forest story events. But the problem is they are actually really feeling too ?pay to win? lately. Doing your best on these challenges and events aren?t enough anymore. The bear is pretty cute tho. Anyone know the times of the cuddly animals?

Yes both 8 hours. You can find them in the creature guide, and the sticky threats.

feliomob
02-03-18, 02:31 PM
Yes both 8 hours. You can find them in the creature guide, and the sticky threats.

Ah, thank you sm. I haven?t had that luck yet. I?m trying with the Rubble rooster and the Magmacore.

gramland
02-03-18, 02:45 PM
Ah, thank you sm. I haven?t had that luck yet. I?m trying with the Rubble rooster and the Magmacore.

I used Pyro pony and Rock rhino to breed both animals. I even got a second Cuddly Cub. I have been lucky using common animals lately. Good Luck to everyone trying for these cute animals!

MystiqueRealm
02-03-18, 03:33 PM
I have been on a lucky streak with this event. I was able to breed both Cozy Cuddler and Cuddly Cub. Yes I did speed breed but did not spend as much gems as before. I really love these animals and Valentines Day is very special to me because it is my Wedding Anniversary!

Congrats on getting the plush pair and happy anniversary (early) !

gramland
02-03-18, 03:52 PM
Congrats on getting the plush pair and happy anniversary (early) !

Thank You!!

AppieP
02-04-18, 12:37 AM
4th price 1600 lovely sweets

carolineannlv
02-05-18, 01:18 AM
The animal I want the most is the Sweethart. Alas, it is beyond me, as the last individual prize always is these days. Good luck to those who get it.

etchedintime
02-05-18, 06:23 AM
Totally agree don’t know how your expected to get that amount of points with only planting , evolution and breeding , when you keep getting 18 breeds , don’t know why s8 don’t listen , do they want to loose players and wreck a good game , obviously they don’t read the thread

lizprince
02-05-18, 07:00 AM
I haven't been lucky yet. Can anyone tell me what combo they used?

MauiLady7
02-05-18, 04:54 PM

I totally agree! Based on a 30 day month, 10 days is devoted to the Story Book, 10 days to the Leaderboards, and that leaves 10 days for the World Event. They take away 3 extra days and raise the limits! And this event is even more frustrating because the majority of my my breeding combos are 12 hours and up, half of them being the 19 hour Rubble Roosters! Defeats speed breeding. My main account has plenty of Valentine animals from 2 years ago in the good old days when we got 4 or 5 animals for these events without breaking a sweat. Can't there be a compromise somewhere, like giving us an extra 3 days? Where do these extra 3 days go anyways? We seem to get short changed when we try to get our remaining 20,000 tokens. Just pouring insult to injury. Takes away the enjoyment of the game. So it's no longer fun, just aggravating. Guess we just take a 7 day vacation and build up the old food supply. I got a big laugh from ThynaSmith who doesn't even bother putting up the decoration that gives us an extra 4 points every 4 hours. :D

gramland
02-06-18, 02:05 AM
My Sweethart is now on the nest for 15hrs.

cherrycastleorchard
02-06-18, 04:24 AM
I couldn?t agree more. I don?t even place that first decoration that earns you points anymore.

Yes four points every 4 hours, how generous lol

cherrycastleorchard
02-06-18, 04:27 AM
I haven't been lucky yet. Can anyone tell me what combo they used?

Seems to me if u don’t get it straight away you don’t get it at all. Nothing but really long fails and then sell heaps of dragons because you have so many of them. Going to harvest food instead.

tahitii
02-06-18, 05:56 AM
We can only get 500 tokens for hatching and raising 2 SR animals to lv 10?! That's greedy 😒 At least last time we only needed one to obtain 500 points

NannaSherry
02-06-18, 09:36 AM
And in the "good ole days" we got a decoration that gave 10 points an hr. Then it was 6 and now it's 4. Talk about a knee jerk reaction.

AppieP
02-06-18, 12:00 PM
I just reached 1000 points without evolving and only using 1 nest. With a little luck and maby some speed breeding I can reach 1600.

mysticalfairy320
02-06-18, 02:22 PM
Sweetheart 15h hatch, 5 Apples level 1 food schedule
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41992

Sweet swan 8 hr hatch time 4 Apples level 1 food schedule
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41993

AppieP
02-06-18, 10:15 PM
3200 lovely sweets for Sweethart

miadoubled
02-07-18, 04:50 PM
Finally hit 1600...too much speed breeding and evolving, even bred one animal, why is it so impossible to reach the 3200???! Gaaaa

MystiqueRealm
02-07-18, 05:02 PM
I'm only 25 points from 2000 so I'll get the swan but too far away from deer for success, again I'll miss the last milestone

AppieP
02-08-18, 12:30 PM
24 hours left and 1450 lovely sweets. With a tiny speed breeding I think i can reach it for the first individual animal at 1600 lovely sweets.

Shewolf1953
02-08-18, 05:25 PM
Less than 20 hours left and will not be achieving any of the animals...have been breeding earth and fire consistently and have not gotten either of the required animals so have not been able to get enough points to even achieve the Pawberry. I don’t really have the money to buy my way through these goals so don’t get through very many...oh well, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor...maybe I will have better luck next time. If I didn’t like this game as much as I do I would have said goodbye to it already. I guess I am just too stubborn to give up!

PookieBearsGirl
02-08-18, 05:58 PM
Less than 20 hours left and will not be achieving any of the animals...have been breeding earth and fire consistently and have not gotten either of the required animals so have not been able to get enough points to even achieve the Pawberry. I don’t really have the money to buy my way through these goals so don’t get through very many...oh well, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor...maybe I will have better luck next time. If I didn’t like this game as much as I do I would have said goodbye to it already. I guess I am just too stubborn to give up!

I feel you! I've never been very good at breeding or getting the SR animals but this time around I bred both. I feel like your time will come and it'll make it all worthwhile. Hang in there and I will send you some good JuuJuu!;)

Shewolf1953
02-08-18, 11:14 PM
Thanks PookieBearsGirl...need all the luck I can get! Will keep trying right to the end.

AppieP
02-09-18, 01:39 AM
Made it to 1600 a few minutes ago.

jax636
02-09-18, 05:30 AM
I play this game on 5 accounts for my sins and I haven't managed to breed either of the cuddly animals on any of them
Will struggle to get to the 1600 required for 1st animal
Used to love these events but they are no longer fun when completing them is impossible without spending money

Sakrysta
02-09-18, 07:14 AM
I think the only reason I still play is that I'm very attached to the animals I've already got. You know the old adage, how you shouldn't name things you will have to let go of? Yeah, I name all my animals. LOL I LOVE coming up with clever or interesting names for them. So I keep playing, collect what I can, and ...*deep breath*... let the rest go. :p

NannaSherry
02-09-18, 08:02 AM
Bred constantly and not one cuddly animal. My last try got me a 19 hr. Rubble rooster. Like many of you, I haven't gotten new trio animals or animals that aid in you an event in years, years!

miadoubled
02-09-18, 08:05 AM
Went againist my better judgement and sped a few last things up n finally unlocked community prizes... i remember a time id unlock it no money spent..such a drag. Wish i woulda sat this one out n saved all my evolving n speeding for leaderboard.

Sakrysta
02-09-18, 10:26 AM
I'm curious - Did the community achieve all the prizes? Does it seem likely?

Rynetory2
02-09-18, 10:35 AM
So far, 122,428,308 going towards 125,400,000. Hope we make it. I just did my final collection.

Rynetory2
02-09-18, 10:44 AM
1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you unlock Community prizes?
3. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

PookieBearsGirl
02-09-18, 11:29 AM
I think the only reason I still play is that I'm very attached to the animals I've already got. You know the old adage, how you shouldn't name things you will have to let go of? Yeah, I name all my animals. LOL I LOVE coming up with clever or interesting names for them. So I keep playing, collect what I can, and ...*deep breath*... let the rest go. :p

You name them ALL too?! I honestly thought I was the only weirdo who named each, individual animal with an original name.:eek: And that must be why I play. I sometimes just peruse my forest admiring the animals I was lucky enough to get. I could never leave them. They mean so much to me. But yeah, you just have to let the ones go that weren't meant to be.

Phoenix406
02-09-18, 12:29 PM
I voted that I did unlock community prizes, but the only reason that happened is because of all the speed breeding I did. On my main account, I felt that I needed the swan to go with my other swans, and they will all be in the same habitat.

Does anyone else like to put animals of the same type in the same habitat? It often isn't possible because they don't share similar elements, but I do it when I can. I have an elephant habitat, a chromodile/rockodile/river runner/something else habitat, and, as mentioned previously, a swan habitat.

MystiqueRealm
02-09-18, 02:52 PM
What good are these polls if they don't care about all of the "couldn't complete event" votes? It should probably be which animals are liked the most so you'll pay to get them? Type poll, I'm very frustrated with events lately and they're only getting worse

mutley00
02-09-18, 03:01 PM
Can anyone advise the hatching / evolving times for the Chocolate Pawberyy please?
Would have been nice to get one, but hey ho!

CaRee215
02-09-18, 03:08 PM
Really only 8 freakin runes? Come on S8. You couldn't give us 25 or 50 or even 75 when they are a community prize. YOU ARE NOT READING OUR POSTS OR LISTENING TO OUR PROBLEMS

AppieP
02-09-18, 03:25 PM
Can anyone advise the hatching / evolving times for the Chocolate Pawberyy please?
Would have been nice to get one, but hey ho!

8 hours for both.

mutley00
02-09-18, 04:29 PM
Thanks AppieP :)

Elunei
02-10-18, 12:39 AM
I would fall into the "couldn't complete event" category if I had actually tried, but I have not participated in a world event/forest party in months. They're impossible to complete without spending tons of gems, so I just gave up. I don't even remember the last one I participated in, as it was that long ago. The events have sucked lately, so I haven't even been bothering with them. I only log on to send gems to my friends, and that's it. My time with this game is coming to an end.

missourijan
02-10-18, 10:33 PM
I spent a lot to hit community goals to get the runes and didnt get them!

AppieP
02-11-18, 03:35 PM
I got a rollback and got pop ups by all the Sidequest for this events. When I looked into my storage, I noticed I have another Chocolate Pawberry in storage there. And I have already hatched one. So another duplicate for my. Same thing happens last time with Prince Purring.

PookieBearsGirl
02-13-18, 09:18 AM
Wow. I was just looking at the Mardi Claw posts and saw something quite fascinating...

If you go to the last page, top post, Nightlady1000 has actual proof of how the WE used to go. She has a picture on her post showing how far she made it in the WE. With time to spare!

Penguin2016
02-14-18, 10:46 PM
Wow. I was just looking at the Mardi Claw posts and saw something quite fascinating...

If you go to the last page, top post, Nightlady1000 has actual proof of how the WE used to go. She has a picture on her post showing how far she made it in the WE. With time to spare!

You’re right! She was a low-level player at the time too. :(

Rynetory2
02-20-18, 03:31 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted along with your feedback on Forest Party events.