PDA

View Full Version : Hay There Farmer! - 2018 Jan 31 (POLL ADDED)

Pages : 1 [2]

judyandthecat
02-11-18, 04:59 PM
This is my third time trying to post to thread, so let’s see if I have success or 3 times I’m out (ha). I also cannot believe the low drop rate from the apple trees and the fryer. Very, very disappointing that this drop rate continues to be an issue on many of the events. Even so, I’ve managed with the help of both the baler and Judy to complete the goals challenge. Thank you so much Judy for keeping us updated all along the way as to what each new goal was as it opened each day. I was able to prepare ahead of time and start collecting from those items early, as I would not be finished with a prior day goal. That was a huge help! So thank you!!!

Thank you blondiegirlhi for the compliments and you are right the key to this event was buying the baler.
Like even if you didn't have a gem sale ...when the baler was on sale for 80 gems like 120 gems is what six dollars just the same as a couple of coffees out ...it was a no brainer for me and then we got 25 gems back as a reward for buying it.
The sheep weren't bad at giving the Alfalfa Shoots...I have 12 sheep every six hours so 48 tries in a day.
They were directly before those stingy apple trees so was really nice.
So two Alfalfa Shoots make a bale of APPLE Alfalfa in one hour.
I enjoyed the event immensely after I bought the baler.

I too have finished the event and i am insanely happy that I got all the prizes.
Love the muddy pig, the companion guinea Pig, the straw house.
And ha I got lots of paths and straw horses.
The baler is going to be working right until the end of the event so I Will turn in more collections because of the baler.
My only request CAN the hay ride be made to rotate...it can only go in one direction right now.
Please, pretty please

Judy

judyandthecat
02-11-18, 05:03 PM
So what is going on? I have now finished the first goal like suggested, and given away 10 of my collection and still the last 2 have not opened up and we are now only 28 hours away from this ending. This has been a lot of work and if the last two won't open for the collection it has all been wasted! I think this may be the end of my playing farm story 2. There are just too many bugs in the program to be fun. All it is is frustrating ����

What level are you?
When you go to the collections gallery and touch Day nine what does it say?
Always try force closing and reopening if something is not working right.

Lilliepaddd
02-11-18, 06:09 PM
I have everything except the hayride......but I have 11 straw houses. Why no hayride ughhhhhh?!?

Krissyo3
02-11-18, 07:45 PM
You may have a few more tasks to complete! Please try scrolling down in that goal to see what's left.

Hey no it has green check marks by all three things there is nothing outstanding!

LadyFencer
02-11-18, 07:59 PM
Hey no it has green check marks by all three things there is nothing outstanding!

If you are an upper-level player, there are four parts to complete: get the alfalfa hippo, give it, give catfish and give anchovies (which is what has me stuck as after three days of playing this goal I have 10). You have to scroll down to see the fourth.

If not, someone's going to have to check on why it's not registering.

judyandthecat
02-11-18, 08:23 PM

There are four things you have to scroll down.
Goal 9 is from fishing
Get 1 Alfalfa Hippo
Give 15 Alfalfa Hippo
Give 20 anchovies
Give 7 catfish
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 straw pony, 28 experience points

Just like LadyFencer said.
Here is a screenshot

Fairyreserve
02-11-18, 09:56 PM
Oh, and I neither need nor want any more straw roosters or hay benches.

I do think k the straw roosters and hay benches are the least desirable prizes. They don't do much for a farm, they're tiny, and the scale is wacky.

Krissyo3
02-11-18, 10:14 PM
There are four things you have to scroll down.
Goal 9 is from fishing
Get 1 Alfalfa Hippo
Give 15 Alfalfa Hippo
Give 20 anchovies
Give 7 catfish
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 straw pony, 28 experience points

Just like LadyFencer said.
Here is a screenshot

Thanks I didn?t realize there was a 4th thing! I did save all 20 and because I didn?t see below I used them out and sold the rest!! I am so pissed! But thanks for your help

Rbkhfrnkln
02-12-18, 02:07 AM
Has anyone been able to get a second Guinea pig from the collections?

2015marly
02-12-18, 04:27 AM
Cant finish because cant give anything to morgan this problem still not solved please help me

LadyFencer
02-12-18, 07:18 AM
Thanks I didn?t realize there was a 4th thing! I did save all 20 and because I didn?t see below I used them out and sold the rest!! I am so pissed! But thanks for your help

I also got caught like that on an event quite awhile back, and since then I've always scrolled down. I still struggled getting anchovies though! Finally last night after wasting way too much time watching the newspaper for three days I bought 8, which meant I had to use only 20 gems to finish Level 9. I had the iron for Level 10, zipped through the community visits, and after a few tries (and a dang reset that took my little hedgies), I got the hedgehog. The quest piggie is happily setting up shop with my other little critters. Doubt I'll get the trade one, but hey, I have tons of straw stuff I don't want or need.

(I really do like the piggie and am glad I got the one!)

Beans67
02-12-18, 08:58 AM
Has anyone else noticed the springtime path "floating"? When my animals walk on it, their feet and shadows disappear beneath the flowers and I can see the edges of each path. My guinea pig almost gets swallowed up by it. I haven't noticed any other path doing that.

judyandthecat
02-12-18, 10:02 AM
Cant finish because cant give anything to morgan this problem still not solved please help me

Which goal in your to do list are you having a problem with.
What is your game level.
You should see a give button on the goal in your to do list.
Tell us the number because perhaps there is a product you have to scroll to

Lilliepaddd
02-12-18, 10:26 AM
Since I cannot get a hayride. I’m pretty sure I’m going to ask Apple to reimburse me for my latest purchase. Ridiculous!

DaphneGlass
02-12-18, 01:13 PM
Hay, guess what! I got the brown and white guinea piggy on my last turn in, so lucky, I had done lots of turn ins and as the fryer was being super stingy, I didnt get many chances, so pleased I got him, even expanded my farm a bit to allow more room for them all to run round lol, thank you storm8 xx

kindefarm1890
02-12-18, 02:22 PM
I was hoping the power of the post would have turned things around for me but no such luck. I just turned in my 45th and final collection and all were decorations. I have a whole flock for roosters and a herd of ponies but no collection guinea pig. At least I have the one from the task but since it is just one it will more than likely go into the cellar.

Maybe it has been awhile since I last did a collection event but I found if very annoying that after every collection I was kicked out of the collection galley and the cellar was opened. I already had the window that showed the decoration that I won I didn't need to be moved over to the cellar. I should have been left in the collection galley so I could submit the next collection,

waywardwood
02-12-18, 03:20 PM
How long does it take to make things with the baler (Baler Bonanza, 80 diamond purchase)? I have turned in ~20 collections and no brown guinea pig :( Debating whether worth it to spend gems with only 3 hours left. Obviously I have a lot of some things in the collection gallery, but fewer/none of others.

FWIW, the drop rate on the Deep Fryer was abysmal for this event for me. Now I need alfalafa hay stacks from the apple trees, but they won't replenish in time.

seesters
02-12-18, 03:21 PM
Down to the last couple of hours. Got the guinea pig and too many other items BUT NO HAYRIDE! Really?

Scalezzzz
02-12-18, 03:22 PM
Hay, guess what! I got the brown and white guinea piggy on my last turn in, so lucky, I had done lots of turn ins and as the fryer was being super stingy, I didnt get many chances, so pleased I got him, even expanded my farm a bit to allow more room for them all to run round lol, thank you storm8 xx

Lucky! I turned in my last collection hoping for the piggy that rolls around in mud but no luck. Oh well (: I got one guinea pig and that alone is worth it! Great event :o

Lilliepaddd
02-12-18, 03:36 PM
Down to the last couple of hours. Got the guinea pig and too many other items BUT NO HAYRIDE! Really?

I?m tired of this always happening. I?m getting a refund on my last purchase. I?ve had it. Otherwise it was a good event but won?t give them anymore of my money. Word.

waywardwood
02-12-18, 03:50 PM

I got the hayride, but no guinea pig...

doodlebug8
02-12-18, 04:23 PM
Without purchasing the bayler, I was able to turn in exactly 21 collections using drops from apple trees. I did not get the Muddy Pig or the Collection Guinea but I did get the Hayride. As frustrating as this event was, I still thought it was pretty nice and definitely time consuming.

waywardwood
02-12-18, 04:54 PM
Without purchasing the bayler, I was able to turn in exactly 21 collections using drops from apple trees. I did not get the Muddy Pig or the Collection Guinea but I did get the Hayride. As frustrating as this event was, I still thought it was pretty nice and definitely time consuming.

I had a similar experience to you—maybe a few more collections turned in, got the hayride but not mud piggy or 2nd guinea pig, but this is the second time I haven't gotten the pet from collections and it feels pretty frustrating. I played very solidly throughout the event (my hands hurt!)...it feels like that should get you closer to the big prizes and especially pets.

Paul__
02-12-18, 05:46 PM
Finally got the Guinea Pig from the collection! I have the sheep ready soon so hopefully ill be able to get the Muddy Pig witch is the only prize i didn't get.

Lozziemj
02-12-18, 06:17 PM
I bought the bailer, many hippo baits and even the $9.99 parts package. So many turn ins over the past few days. Religiously logging on every few hours, completed every task. I have 7 to 25 of every prize clogging up my cellar, EXCEPT the brown guinea pig - the only prize I actually wanted. Spent a fortune and nothing but a ridiculous number of straw things I don?t need. It?s the first time I?ve been truly frustrated and disappointed with an event. I?ve done everything humanly possible to earn that piggy. 😞

Lozziemj
02-12-18, 06:19 PM
I even spent gems to get my Apple trees to produce once more so I could get more alfalfa bales to try a desperate last ditch effort

Paul__
02-12-18, 07:20 PM
I didn’t get to get the Mud Pig! Very disappointed because that wa some of my favorite prizes. Plus I used around 200 gems, the bailer, AND the 9.99 bundle!

besides for that I liked this event, but I think that having the goal and the collections to worry about was a little overwhelming. Maybe instead we could either just have the collection, just the goals or maybe we could have an extra few days.

Is there any way we can get the muddy pig on sale for a limited time in the market?

PookieBear50
02-12-18, 07:51 PM
Well, done is done. I received the Guinea Pig from the Goals, but not from the Collection...it was the only prize I didn't receive. I won't deny that I'm disappointed, especially after getting more Hay Stacks, Hay Rolls, and Hay Benches, and Spring Meadow Paths than I really needed, but oh well...it is what it is. The Baler did help, but on the other hand, it made me overly reliant on collecting certain items to the point that I neglected others.

I have no real complaints, overall. However, I would challenge the validity of the drop rate from the Apple Trees and the Sheep. A low drop rate from crafting buildings--in particular the Deep Fryer and the Bakery--is understandable, since (iOS) players can craft continuously and use boosts to speed up the returns. The drop rates from the Mine and the Fishing Pond were, to my thinking, appropriate and, depending on the preparation of the player, completely reasonable. However, the Apple Trees and the Sheep require 6-8 hour waits for collection, and those lengths of time really deserve higher drop rates to offset the wait (I'm not saying anything about the pigs, because for the 3 hours to wait, the drop rate seemed reasonable and appropriate overall...plus, 3 hours is much, much less than 6 or 8 hours). I know, the argument would be that the goal is to convince players to spend gems to speed up the collecting times. However, there are only so many times that players are willing to do that, and with no guarantee that a new collection will drop the desired items, I think that most players will opt against doing so more than once or twice.

I will say, though, that having the items drop from the Apple Trees rather than the Orange trees was very much appreciated because the wait time was so much shorter. In the future, though, if the drop rate remains unchanged, then perhaps having the items drop from the Cocoa trees would be better: the shorter wait time would offset the low drop rate. Perhaps shifting the drop from the pigs and the sheep to the chickens and the pigs would also serve the same purpose of making drops more reasonable given the shorter wait times. Even if it does mean the Newspaper will be flooded with excessive amounts of Cocoa and Eggs...

I do hope that, even if the Guinea Pig from the collections doesn't show up in the market or Piper's Treehouse any time soon, other Guinea Pigs will become available at some point.

Rbkhfrnkln
02-12-18, 08:34 PM
The lower leveled players got the cocoa trees but I agree completely

Rbkhfrnkln
02-12-18, 08:45 PM
I got lucky but their caged if anyone wants to see them

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42131

Rynetory2
02-12-18, 08:49 PM

Please try the suggestion given in our last pm conversation. I think it's related to your device. Sorry... :(

bj2500
02-12-18, 08:50 PM
Enjoyed the event prizes were very cute got way two many paths. I was lucky enough to get the prizes I wanted with the help of the bailer which I got first day and at full price. Still think a bit unfair even tho this is a random prize event some players got 3 of each g pig or muddy pig while others didn?t get any. Congrats to all who won what they wanted. Not sure what I?m going to do way all these straw seats.

Rynetory2
02-12-18, 08:56 PM
besides for that I liked this event, but I think that having the goal and the collections to worry about was a little overwhelming. Maybe instead we could either just have the collection, just the goals or maybe we could have an extra few days.

I think it's good to that we have a choice of both instead of having no choice. Players could have a chance to win a guinea pig through goals because not every player was lucky enough to win it through collection. Perhaps you could choose which to go for when you felt overwhelmed. :)

Edit to add: I'll make a request for the muddy pig to be on sale.

Rynetory2
02-12-18, 09:03 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Paul__
02-12-18, 09:06 PM
I think it's good to that we have a choice of both instead of having no choice. Players could have a chance to win a guinea pig through goals because not every player was lucky enough to win it through collection. Perhaps you could choose which to go for when you felt overwhelmed. :)

Edit to add: I'll make a request for the guinea pigs to be on sale.

Can you also request that the “Muddy Pig” decoration goes on sale.

Rynetory2
02-12-18, 09:13 PM
I enjoyed this event very much. The designers and the development team did a fabulous job on this event! :D

- the goals were interesting and really nice to win a prize for each Goal 1 to 10
- great to be able to win the black and white guinea pig through goals
- the guinea pigs were adorable and love how they roll over on their backs after being collected (kudos to the designers)
- the prizes were lovely and animations were bonus (I especially like the hayride, muddy pig and the hay house which has a cute piggy peaking out of the window when you clicked on it.)
- it's very helpful and thoughtful that we were able to get multiple collection items per mining or fishing. Thanks for that.

Overall a marvellous and very well thought out event! Great play! :D:D

Rynetory2
02-12-18, 09:14 PM
Can you also request that the “Muddy Pig” decoration goes on sale.

Yes I will. :) Ops I meant muddy pig as per your post. Sorry for my typo. (amended my post)

Fairyreserve
02-12-18, 10:03 PM
Really liked this event. Didn't get my collections piggy to keep my goal piggy company, but I really liked the event overall.

* this was a really fun pet! Loooove their little footie up in the air when they're resting hahaha!

* hay benches were kinda lame, not cuz they're small, but cuz u can't really tell what they are. The little roosters are just way too tiny to make a difference. I did like the hay rolls and stacks, but those roosters were not good. Hayride is great, and that horsie was clever. The muddy pig was seriously inspired. Who came up with that idea? Give that wo/man a raise! The hay house has a peeking piggy?! Didn't know. Note to self, always click on everything to be sure. The paths were nice. I didnt mind so many (I have 25 now). I'll take them any day over the roosters.

* I agree with pookie that all drop rates were appropriate for a challenge but one u actually could attain except those darn ape trees and the fryer. No comment in the fryer, the slots were tight there, fine,at least u could craft 5 fries an hour. But the apes weren't the right crop to make a low drop rate for the reasons she said. Even higher ayers, it's just too hard to do, even with the baler. Cocoa trees are better if the drop rate is gonna be that low.

* finally, I like using deliveries and visiting community farms for goal requirements. Very smart to force the use of the social aspect. It fosters community, making neighbors, and getting design ideas from other farms.

I blew about 40 total gems, not I clouding the full priced baler. But I got one Guinea pig, so it was worth it.

Rynetory2
02-12-18, 10:42 PM
* finally, I like using deliveries and visiting community farms for goal requirements. Very smart to force the use of the social aspect. It fosters community, making neighbors, and getting design ideas from other farms.

Good point. I liked the social aspect too. :)

waywardwood
02-12-18, 10:59 PM
I enjoyed this event very much. The designers and the development team did a fabulous job on this event! :D

- the goals were interesting and really nice to win a prize for each Goal 1 to 10
- the guinea pigs were adorable and love how they roll over on their backs after being collected (kudos to the designers)
- the prizes were lovely and animations were bonus (I especially like the hayride, muddy pig and the hay house which has a cute piggy peaking out of the window when you clicked on it.)
- it's very helpful and thoughtful that we were able to get multiple collection items per mining or fishing. Thanks for that.

Thanks for pointing out the peekaboo piggy in the hay house! Guess I'll add my second house to my farm now that I know about that cute hidden aspect.

waywardwood
02-12-18, 11:03 PM
The lower leveled players got the cocoa trees but I agree completely

Totally, the apple trees were my bane! And the deep fryer.

EdelweissAlm
02-13-18, 04:10 AM
Is the black & white Guinea Pig stuck in the Rodent Grotto if you didn't get both Guinea Pigs???
Can't even feed it or put the whole thing back in the Celler.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Paul__
02-13-18, 05:16 AM

Agreed. I?ve been really enjoying in the recent events that we?ve been getting more animated decorations. They add more life to the farm. My only suggestion for the next event collection event would be if we could have more time.

2015marly
02-13-18, 05:29 AM
Morgan cant see what is in my barn or stores so i cant give anything to morgan please can somebody solve this problem

Rynetory2
02-13-18, 06:18 AM
Is the black & white Guinea Pig stuck in the Rodent Grotto if you didn't get both Guinea Pigs???
Can't even feed it or put the whole thing back in the Celler.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Maybe your guinea pig is ready for collection; swipe your bucket over it and then feed it.

EdelweissAlm
02-13-18, 08:44 AM
Maybe your guinea pig is ready for collection; swipe your bucket over it and then feed it.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH got it thanks. Didn't know

kit10deuce
02-13-18, 08:48 AM
I very much enjoyed this event and I got everything including a few duplicates from the collections Gallery. The only thing I didn't get was the guinea pig from the collections gallery because I ran out of time. The deep fryer was only giving me 1 collection piece every 5 to 6 items deep fried so I never could get enough. Which is a bummer because that was the guinea pig I wanted but oh well. I got the other guinea pig so I can make do with him LOL

amsodopey1
02-13-18, 04:29 PM
Hi got the two guinea pigs but it won't let me feed them they are just in their habitat begging! The food is faded and ungiveable the only thing to click on is a brown guinea pig that brings up the shop? What am I doing wrong?

Fairyreserve
02-13-18, 04:44 PM
Hi got the two guinea pigs but it won't let me feed them they are just in their habitat begging! The food is faded and ungiveable the only thing to click on is a brown guinea pig that brings up the shop? What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like they need to be collected from. Run your bucket over them then feed them.

megasourwarhead
02-13-18, 06:50 PM
This was a lovely event! It was perfect level of difficulty.
Im a little sad I couldnt get the little pig rolling in the mud, but I did get an extra guinea pig so I cant complain!
The hay decorations were also very cute.

nagmad
02-14-18, 12:04 PM
I liked this event, got all the prizes and now have 3 guinea pigs, in saying that I honestly wouldn’t have been able to do it without the baler, I had good drop rates with some things, while others (the fryer) was near to none and frustrating, I was thankful this thread was updated so even if I hadn’t finished 1 part I could start collecting the next.

Rynetory2
02-23-18, 12:20 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.