PDA

View Full Version : take picture button

swiep07
03-25-11, 06:24 PM
I would like to have a take picture button because I would like to show my farm on the contest!

Allafat
03-26-11, 02:32 PM
Just an idea, in rs and bs I have been able to find one of my neighbors that uses an iphone took a pic of mine and then sent me the link where it's posted. This made it possible for me to enter. So ask around.

yavvyK
04-13-11, 06:11 PM
I personally don't know anyone with an iphone who plays this game, and I am very disappointed I cannot take pictures of my farm to share on facebook or to enter contests here. In fact, as a first-time visitor to the forum, I'm really disappointed in the discrepancies in game experience between iphone and droid users. :( I could entice a lot of friends to join this game if I could take a picture and post it to facebook, and I would be more inclined to spend my gaming dollars on this game, to the exclusion of others I play, if I had a picture button.

Sad thread makes me sad.

sehana
04-13-11, 06:23 PM
Here's is the person from Bakery that will take a pic for you.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?10564-Android-User-Can-t-take-pictures-Click-Here!&highlight=android

I'm sure u can ask him/her to take a pic of ur farm.

yavvyK
04-13-11, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the link, I truly appreciate it; however, I want to be able to take my own pictures, I think it is quite sad that I cannot, and any money I spend on this game will depend on having a picture button. Not trying to be a jerk, it just is what it is.

GroupMagma
04-13-11, 07:25 PM
Sorry, but it is unlikely that this will be added anytime soon. We would love to add this feature to Android, but unfortunately, screenshot functionality is not a native feature to Android OS.

yavvyK
04-13-11, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply, that is most unfortunate. Does androids OS also not allow exp or coins for visiting neighbors, and daily add item contests?

Mogwai4111
04-14-11, 11:44 PM
As a fellow Android user I understand your frustrations, but I do enjoy the game so the way I look at it is it's better to have a scaled down version than no version at all. There's 6 or 7 games here and Android has 3 of them, which is better than zero.

yavvyK
04-17-11, 06:35 PM
while I also enjoy the game, I feel that it should not have been offered knowing there was no chance of fair gameplay for android users.

PerpetualBliss
05-21-11, 10:38 AM
If you have a Samsung Fascinate, you can take screenshots.

Mogwai4111
05-21-11, 10:56 AM
If you have a Samsung Fascinate, you can take screenshots.

If you root your phone. Voiding the warranty makes me nervous, I previously had a BB Storm and had to exchange it twice in three years (charger port kept breaking).

Besides screen shots, what extra features do you specifically use now that your phone is rooted? I've looked up some of the benefits of rooting, and the wireless tether would be nice to have, but I just don't see enough to change my mind.

PerpetualBliss
05-23-11, 11:13 AM
If you root your phone. Voiding the warranty makes me nervous, I previously had a BB Storm and had to exchange it twice in three years (charger port kept breaking).

Besides screen shots, what extra features do you specifically use now that your phone is rooted? I've looked up some of the benefits of rooting, and the wireless tether would be nice to have, but I just don't see enough to change my mind.

My phone isn't rooted. Everything on it is stock. But I think you will need to upgrade to Froyo in order for this to work.

Mogwai4111
05-23-11, 11:29 AM
Thanks, I will look into that

ariesblu
06-06-11, 04:41 PM
It's unfortunate that android users cannot have some of the same opportunities as iphone users, especially when the number of android users are surpassing those of apple. This discrepancy is losing a lot of money for teamlava.

cleecafe
06-18-11, 01:53 AM
I have a fascinate how do I do this please? No camera button comes up on my screen.

cleecafe
06-18-11, 01:56 AM
I have a fascinate how do I do this?

Mogwai4111
06-18-11, 02:09 AM
I've been using an app called 'ShootMe' from the Android market to get screenshots. Your phone may or may not need to be rooted to use it, depending on which you have. Works on my unrooted SG Fascinate / Verizon.

cleecafe
06-18-11, 02:12 AM
That is the same phone that I have I will try that thank you!!!

CptCaveman
07-29-11, 11:56 AM
Resurrecting an old thread for updated relevancy.

The latest update to Restaurant Story, in late July, added a camera feature. So GroupMagma's statement from April, that it won't happen anytime soon because of lack of OS support, appears to be out of date now. With any luck we will be seeing a camera function in FS as well.

captmiddy
08-15-11, 10:57 AM
Yea I am waiting on this, the buildables and the ability to visit people from neighbor's walls that were all added to RS recently. Also the granting of gold and experience for visiting neighbors. My patience is wearing out, I keep checking the market to see if there is a FS update ;-).