PDA

View Full Version : One World Community Event - **NEW POLL ADDED**

kooky panda
01-26-18, 11:38 AM
Collect packed bags. New

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41772&d=1517323817 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41772&d=1517323817)

Chunk;1489029']Hey all!

You need to complete the active Philippines Dragon tournament in the Battle Arena before the Packed Bags become available.

volissos
01-26-18, 12:01 PM
Hello! For the time being, the points from winning battles don't register. Could you please look into it? Thanks!

lenasdinner
01-26-18, 12:06 PM
Hello! For the time being, the points from winning battles don't register. Could you please look into it? Thanks!

if you diden't finish the tournament you will note probobly recive points itis ''old'' started before world event.I recived 3 points from normal battel in arena...tournamet is behind me......not very shure but it might be it

bradleyt13
01-26-18, 01:07 PM
I didn't get points for battle either.

volissos
01-26-18, 01:08 PM
if you diden't finish the tournament you will note probobly recive points itis ''old'' started before world event.I recived 3 points from normal battel in arena...tournamet is behind me......not very shure but it might be it

Oh, I didn't think of that possibility. Thank you :)

Chardont
01-26-18, 02:22 PM
I have played and won 3 battles.. No change in my points, as well. Please fix this.

AnnirasSweets
01-26-18, 02:30 PM
When I logged in today I got a pop up advertising the "Bright Beginnings" event that ends 1/05! All my goals seem to be for the new event but it doesn't really help my already shaky confidence in DS events to see the wrong info screens right off the bat.

random59
01-26-18, 02:37 PM
When I logged in today I got a pop up advertising the "Bright Beginnings" event that ends 1/05! All my goals seem to be for the new event but it doesn't really help my already shaky confidence in DS events to see the wrong info screens right off the bat.

Yep, they are rather good at stuffing event popups but at least the dragons are correct in the market. Will just have to wait and see what gremlins appear out of the woodwork in this event!

kooky panda
01-26-18, 03:42 PM
I have played and won 3 battles.. No change in my points, as well. Please fix this.

Checking on this.

random59
01-26-18, 04:09 PM

Yep, they are rather good at stuffing event popups but at least the dragons are correct in the market. Will just have to wait and see what gremlins appear out of the woodwork in this event!

Appears the gremlins have appeared, rather early, what!!

MajicHearts
01-26-18, 04:29 PM
Appears the gremlins have appeared, rather early, what!!

Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
?Yep, they are rather good at stuffing event popups but at least the dragons are correct in the market. Will just have to wait and see what gremlins appear out of the woodwork in this event!?

Yeah, agree with random59: gremlins - early - what????????

You might think that S8 learned from previous mistakes. NOT!!!!

deadpixel
01-26-18, 04:38 PM
Looks like the’ve gone back to a 7-day event format, which means we won’t be able to complete this event without spending gold. :mad:

deadpixel
01-26-18, 05:11 PM
You might think that S8 learned from previous mistakes. NOT!!!!
Actually, they are excellent at learning from their mistakes. For example, they made the mistake of setting the last World Event back to a 10-day timer, which allowed hard working players with at least 7 farms, 2 breeding dens, 3 nests and 2 evolution chambers to complete the event without spending gold and without the need for the breeding of the optional dragon.

In changing the timer back to a 7-day one, they effectively made it impossible to complete the event without spending gold, EVEN if you managed to breed the optional dragon and even if you had 4 nests.

cobbler234
01-26-18, 05:12 PM
I also am not receiving points for the community event after winning battles. Nor am I receiving the promise rings towards the new dragon.

MajicHearts
01-26-18, 06:25 PM
Actually, they are excellent at learning from their mistakes. For example, they made the mistake of setting the last World Event back to a 10-day timer, which allowed hard working players with at least 7 farms, 2 breeding dens, 3 nests and 2 evolution chambers to complete the event without spending gold and without the need for the breeding of the optional dragon.

In changing the timer back to a 7-day one, they effectively made it impossible to complete the event without spending gold, EVEN if you managed to breed the optional dragon and even if you had 4 nests.

Very interesting...............

[S8] Chunk
01-26-18, 06:46 PM
Hey all!

You need to complete the active Philippines Dragon tournament in the Battle Arena before the Packed Bags become available.

mooskye
01-26-18, 07:43 PM
Chunk;1489029']Hey all!

But my tournament has 3 days to go, and no way I'm completing it before then, as I've been holding back to make sure I can win battles for SB. So no point really in starting it?

RhodryMaelwaedd
01-26-18, 08:02 PM
Chunk;1489029']Hey all!

As someone who already completed the tournament and hence is not influenced by this situation, i would still like to point out that that reasoning is messed up and unfair. You should fix this so others can get the packed bags they deserve as well.

random59
01-26-18, 11:00 PM
Chunk;1489029']Hey all!

I have finished the Philippine tournament but cmon Storm8 it is our choice to which event we take part in and not be penalised!

Seriously think about all the ramifications of your actions, make no mistake players are becoming incensed with the stupidity with poor planning! The community will let you know how they are feeling by walking away from this game. Wake up Storm8, we will stop spending gold as so many have before us and walked away!

ozigal
01-27-18, 12:32 AM
This just gets better n better. So those of us that haven't waded through the battles loose days of missed out packages. Can this game get any more disappointing? What ploy will they come up with next?

graovac
01-27-18, 02:48 AM

I miss :thumbs up: button for this post!

PrincessCouture2014
01-27-18, 03:17 AM

i have 2 nests, one breeding den, rooster not active and one evaluation chamber, so no chance for me at all

MajicHearts
01-27-18, 05:43 AM
this just gets better n better. So those of us that haven't waded through the battles loose days of missed out packages. Can this game get any more disappointing? What ploy will they come up with next?

agreed!!!

(Why is it when I type in caps, it doesn’t work?

MajicHearts
01-27-18, 05:56 AM
Another question.....this battle for Philippine dragon says we should be getting the bottles voyages if we win a battle. This is NOT happening. It shouldn’t matter if we need them or not. Also, they are gone from storage...maybe they should be removed from the pop-up screen when a battle is won.?.?.?

bozotc19
01-27-18, 09:05 AM
So how many packages are necessary t in the 2 dragons?

deadpixel
01-27-18, 02:40 PM
In changing the timer back to a 7-day one, they effectively made it impossible to complete the event without spending gold, EVEN if you managed to breed the optional dragon and even if you had four nests.

I must apologise for this misinformation. I did a recalculation and found that it is actually POSSIBLE to complete the event without spending gold if you had the full complement of 7 farms, 2 breeding dens, 4 nests and 2 evolution chambers and if you bred and raised the "optional" dragon to level 10, collected points from the special item EVERYTIME it became ready AND win every battle, every hour, for the 7 days.

This is assuming the final goal is at 4200 points.

This table should illustrate the idea (if the computations are correct that is):

Activity

Pts/Col or Hr

Freq/Day

Multiplier

Col Locs

Daily Pts

7-Day Pts

10-Day Pts[/RIGHT]

Farming

Breeding

Hatching

Evolving

Battling

Special Item

[/B]

Breed Optional

-

-

-

-

Feed to Lvl 10

-

-

-

-

Total

Explanation of the Columns:

Pts/Col or Hr
The number of points you get per collection or hour

Freq/Day
The number of times you get to collect per day

Multiplier
Any multipler that's applied (e.g. 2x for breeding)

Col Locs
The number of collection locations (e.g. 7 farms)

Daily Pts
The total daily points collactable

7-Day Pts
The total points collactable in 7 days

10-Day Pts
The total points collactable in 10 days

ozigal
01-27-18, 05:10 PM
Yes that looks doable on paper ^^^ that's if you are a robot and don't need to sleep. First up would cost me a100 gold to activate 2nd roost then a few speed up golds to cover the battles to cover sleeping hours.. oh and then you need to be able to breed the side quest dragon, like that's going to happen with my run of luck in that dept. of late. I don't know what they are thinking.

CranberryMil
01-27-18, 07:35 PM
I must apologise for this misinformation. I did a recalculation and found that it is actually POSSIBLE to complete the event without spending gold if you had the full complement of 7 farms, 2 breeding dens, 4 nests and 2 evolution chambers and if you bred and raised the "optional" dragon to level 10, collected points from the special item EVERYTIME it became ready AND win every battle, every hour, for the 7 days.

This is assuming the final goal is at 4200 points.

This table should illustrate the idea (if the computations are correct that is):

Activity

Pts/Col or Hr

Freq/Day

Multiplier

Col Locs

Daily Pts

7-Day Pts

10-Day Pts[/RIGHT]

Farming

Breeding

Hatching

Evolving

Battling

Special Item

[/B]

Breed Optional

-

-

-

-

Feed to Lvl 10

-

-

-

-

Total

Explanation of the Columns:

Pts/Col or Hr
The number of points you get per collection or hour

Freq/Day
The number of times you get to collect per day

Multiplier
Any multipler that's applied (e.g. 2x for breeding)

Col Locs
The number of collection locations (e.g. 7 farms)

Daily Pts
The total daily points collactable

7-Day Pts
The total points collactable in 7 days

10-Day Pts
The total points collactable in 10 days

:S

So, no chance for free-to-play to earn the last dragon?

There is a chance to get the 2000 bags to get the tickets

1176 Farming (with use of 20hours and 8 hours items )
336 Breeding+ Hatching (1 nest , 1 den)
168 evolving (1 evol )
150 Battling (without Tourney)
420 Special Item

Total: 2250

Sounds posible.

bozotc19
01-27-18, 08:29 PM
How do we not what the dragons are and and how many packages to get them?

deadpixel
01-28-18, 12:08 AM
I don't know what they are thinking.,but I wish they would share whatever the team is drinking.

Maybe it’s something along the lines of, “Did you see that new 60” OLED television they’ve got displayed at the Sony shop?”

Nah! Couldn’t be, I’m pretty sure they’ve got their minds full just thinking up new stories, WEs, Leaderboard events and how best to rehash existing dragons to look like new ones.

deadpixel
01-28-18, 04:44 AM

168 evolving (1 evol )
420 Special Item

Sounds posible.

It depends on what the cost of the final Dragon is. If it is at 3,200 then it would actually be possible to get it with just 7 farms, 2 dens, 3 nests, 2 evolution chambers, 8 battles a day and no optional dragon. But if the final cost is 4,200 points then ...

deadpixel
01-30-18, 08:09 AM

Looks like the final individual prize is set at 3200 points :)

That means that it is attainable (without the use of gold) with a minimum of 7 farms, 2 dens, 3 nests, 2 evolution chambers, 8 battle victories a day and 6 special item collections a day, without the need to breed and raise the optional Dragon.

Doing everything without rest should give you 3,276 points which means that if you do take some time off for toilet breaks you’d still make it cause you’d have a 76-point buffer LOL :eek:

raygill1
02-02-18, 03:02 AM
Ok, so before I start I’m going to apologise for this confusing message but.....

On the side bar there was a tab with an open book, you then had to collect backpacks to increase your percentage and once at 100% you moved onto the next level, I’m level 200 and I have no idea what that is called! But I noticed if you completed all of them the award was 1600 back packpack??? And you would get the Brazilian dragon, it said on your way to win the Brazilian dragon. Anyway I’ve completed that and not won anymore backpacks and I needed them to get the Brazilian. Anyway can anyone explain this tab to me, am I right or ami completely wrong.

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-02-18, 04:51 AM
Ok, so before I start I’m going to apologise for this confusing message but.....

On the side bar there was a tab with an open book, you then had to collect backpacks to increase your percentage and once at 100% you moved onto the next level, I’m level 200 and I have no idea what that is called! But I noticed if you completed all of them the award was 1600 back packpack??? And you would get the Brazilian dragon, it said on your way to win the Brazilian dragon. Anyway I’ve completed that and not won anymore backpacks and I needed them to get the Brazilian. Anyway can anyone explain this tab to me, am I right or ami completely wrong.

If i'm not mistaken, this was an island goal where you could score by gaining points (packed bags) from the world event. In doing so and reaching certain amounts of world event points (packed bags) the rewards would be travel logs which you can use to craft Mother Earth Dragon in the spell shop.

pernmagic
02-02-18, 09:39 AM
.......can't even get the Swedish dragon this time ......only gets better and better doesn't it :( :(

PrincessCouture2014
02-02-18, 10:21 AM
won't be getting even the first dragon of the two. like always i was unable to Play for a whole day coz DS wasn't loading at all. once it's chance, i would call it chance if it were to happen like once or twice a month but during every tourney, tales, leaderboard and world event, it can't be chance tbh.

cat_chick10
02-02-18, 11:57 AM
Barely even got Swedish this time and couldn't get community :(

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-02-18, 12:36 PM
Has anyone gotten the community tickets? Or didnt the community reach this goal?

random59
02-02-18, 12:48 PM
Has anyone gotten the community tickets? Or didnt the community reach this goal?

No we did get them!

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-02-18, 12:52 PM
No we did get them!

As in "we reached the goal" or as in "we reached the goal ?nd we got them in storage already"?

random59
02-02-18, 01:47 PM
As in "we reached the goal" or as in "we reached the goal ?nd we got them in storage already"?

I do believe we reached the goal and they are in storage already, although my game was running amuck with mining as well!

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-02-18, 02:30 PM
I do believe we reached the goal and they are in storage already, although my game was running amuck with mining as well!

Ok, thanks! I guess i have to contact support once again...

AnnirasSweets
02-02-18, 10:13 PM
I got Swedish but needed another 200 or so points. I was thinking about either buying the Ignis package or speed breeding to get it but then I realized I didn't even particularly want the final dragon, it was more that I hate not finishing events. In the end I let it go and I'm pretty okay with that. I think maybe I should start being more choosy at to which dragons I try for and which events I participate in. I just can't see another way to keep going in the game and keep my sanity.

kooky panda
02-06-18, 12:06 PM
New poll added! You can choose more than one item.

amerirish
02-06-18, 02:26 PM
Just a suggestion, but perhaps you could add a line "Had to use Gold to finish" because I did :mad:

nicsdragonisle
02-07-18, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure anyone actually reads these comments but I'll leave one anyway.

Once again, I could not finish on either of my islands. I even activated my 2nd roost this time and STILL didn't come close. The dragons were nice but hard to get excited about winning one when we used to win several.

Was VERY excited about the 15 tickets--I finally reached the 200 needed for Gold Horizon on one of my games!! (Nearly there on my other.) Thanks to S8 for the 'free' gold dragon. I have to give credit where it's due. The flip side of that is I now have zero incentive to participate beyond the minimum, so regular game play it will be for me during future WEs.

6 of 9 respondents (as of right now) couldn't finish. What's the point of continuing with this strategy?

amerirish
02-07-18, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure anyone actually reads these comments but I'll leave one anyway.

Once again, I could not finish on either of my islands. I even activated my 2nd roost this time and STILL didn't come close. The dragons were nice but hard to get excited about winning one when we used to win several.

Was VERY excited about the 15 tickets--I finally reached the 200 needed for Gold Horizon on one of my games!! (Nearly there on my other.) Thanks to S8 for the 'free' gold dragon. I have to give credit where it's due. The flip side of that is I now have zero incentive to participate beyond the minimum, so regular game play it will be for me during future WEs.

6 of 9 respondents (as of right now) couldn't finish. What's the point of continuing with this strategy?

Congrats on getting Gold Horizon :D I got mine recently too. Be aware that you have to level him up to 15 in order to get 5 gold per day. By my calculations, it takes 886,450 apples to get him there :(

CranberryMil
02-07-18, 09:31 AM

168 evolving (1 evol )
420 Special Item

Sounds posible.

I get 1820 bags , far from get any reward :/

kooky panda
03-01-18, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the votes!! Results have been submitted!