PDA

View Full Version : STORYBOOK: Shining Sands - 2018 Jan 23 (POLL ADDED)

jmatarii
01-23-18, 02:57 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41703

STORYBOOK: Shining Sands

Note: The quests below are for high level players, above level 30, so if your level is lower, then you may find the quests are different.

Chapter 1

Act 1: Feed any animal 5 times (Skip 10)
Act 2: Plant Mana Bananas 6x (Skip 12)
Act 3: Harvest Mana Bananas 6x (Skip 12)
Reward: Realm Runes 5x

Unlock 5

Chapter 2

Act 1: Feed any animal 8 times (Skip 16)
Act 2: Plant Mystic Mangos 3x (Skip 32)
Act 3: Collect Rough Diamonds from Mining 1x (Skip 12)
Reward: Peregrine Djinn Dark/Water (Hatching 5h. Evolve 5h.)

Unlock 10

Chapter 3

Act 1: Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 3 (Skip 7)Auto completed
Act 2: Collect Gold Scarabs from Harvesting 32x (Skip 32) 1,5 x 1h
Act 3: Collect Magic Lamps from Evolving 6x (Skip 12) 1 x 1h
Reward: Food 5000x

Unlock 15

Chapter 4

Act 1: Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 4 (Skip 12)Auto completed
Act 2: Start Breeding with a Chromadile (Skip 25)
Act 3: Collect Gold Scarabs from Harvesting 50x (Skip 50) 1,5 x 1h
Act 4: Win Shining Scales from King Cobras in the Arena 1x (Win Round 3 in Tournament)Auto completed
Reward: 12000 Coins

Unlock 20

Chapter 5

Act 1: Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 7 (Skip 40)Auto completed
Act 2: Collect Magic Lamps from Evolving 8x (Skip 16) 1 x 1h
Act 3: Hatch any Water animal (Skip 30)
Act 4: Collect Rough Diamonds from Mining 2x (Skip 12)
Reward: 3 Flying Carpet Tiles.

Unlock 25

Chapter 6

Act 1: Collect Gold Scarabs from Harvesting 60x (Skip 60) 1,5 x 1h
Act 2: Hatch a common Dusk Ox (Breed Dark + Earth) (Hatching 5h. Evolve 5h.) (Skip 50)Auto completed
Act 3: Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 11 (Skip 75)Auto completed
Act 4: Plant any crops 6x (Skip 18)
Reward: 7500 Food

Unlock 30

Chapter 7

Act 1: Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 13 (Skip 175)Auto completed
Act 2: Collect Magic Lamps from Evolving 6x (Skip 24) 1 x 1h
Act 3: Breed Peregrine Djinn with a Dusk Ox (Skip 25)
Act 4: Collect Rough Diamonds from Mining 3x (Skip 12)
Reward: Princess Pup Royal/Earth (Hatching 8h. Evolve 8h.)

Unlock 35

Chapter 8

Act 1: Hatch your Princess Pup (Skip 25)Auto completed
Act 2: Breed Peregrine Djinn with a Rockodile (Skip 75)
Act 3: Collect Gold Scarabs from Harvesting 60x (Skip 120) 1,5 x 1h
Act 4: Raise Princess Pup to level 5 (Skip 20)Auto completed
Reward: 1 Prestigious Pillar

Unlock 45

Chapter 9

Act 1: Raise Princess Pup to level 10 (Skip 100)Auto completed
Act 2: Breed Peregrine Djinn with a Seamur (Skip 75)
Act 3: Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 15 (Skip 175)Auto completed
Act 4: Win Shining Scales from King Cobras in the Arena 3x (Win Round 15 in Tournament)(Skip 60)Auto completed
Reward: 10 Realm Runes

Unlock 50

Chapter 10

Act 1: Harvest Mana Bananas 6x (Skip 12)
Act 2: Raise Princess Pup to level 14 (Skip 175)Auto completed
Act 3: Collect Magic Lamps from Evolving 12x (Skip 36) 1 x 1h
Act 4: Collect Rough Diamonds from Mining 5x (Skip 60)
Act 5: Win Shining Scales from King Cobras in the Arena 5x (Win Round 30 in Tournament)(Skip 100)Auto completed
Reward: Sultan Steed Royal/Lightning (Hatching 15h. Evolve 15h.)

Related goals

Stallion of the Sands

-Hatch a Princess Pup
-Hatch a Sultan Steed
-Breed A Princess Pup + Sultan Steed

Reward Arabian Horse Water/Earth (Hatching 19h. Evolve 20h.)

Runes in the Dunes

Hatch a Arabian Horse
Reward 24 Realm Runes

Storybook Scepters

Step 1: Finish Chapter 2 act 1 of Storybook
Reward 750 Royal Scepters

Step 2: Finish Chapter 4 act 1 of Storybook
Reward 1000 Royal Scepters

Step 3: Finish Chapter 6 act 1 of Storybook
Reward 1000 Royal Scepters

Step 4: Finish Chapter 8 act 1 of Storybook
Reward 1250 Royal Scepters

Step 5: Finish Chapter 10 act 5 of Storybook
Reward 1500 Royal Scepters

Good luck Everyone.

Best Regards.

G4OU812
01-23-18, 03:18 PM
Between the breeding with a Chromadile (which I don't have yet), Hatch a common Dusk Ox, Raise Peregrine Djinn to level 13, or Raise Princess Pup to level 14, one or more of these is going to end up biting me in the rear. Last time it was breed with a Jackalope and raise Ebenezer Pooch to 12 or something.

ETA: Though, I'd be happy with a Peregrine Djinn and a Princess Pup. I'm guessing that the SB that I finished (Bobtailed Bay) was due to me being a low level player (now at level 32, yeah still low but not SB low) or very lucky. I'm not sure which, though.

judyandthecat
01-23-18, 03:34 PM
Thank you so much for providing the information so quick.
I know the common I need to breed and have to make sure have not sold other animals needed to breed

AppieP
01-23-18, 03:41 PM
I wish everyone GOOD luck. I'm sitting this one out. Yes my first time, but I'm done for now. Really annoyed with several things in the game, so i can't focus on this for 10 days. I Really want to see some changes around the game, before I continue playing with fun again. I just need some time to breath:p.

BiggerBubbles
01-23-18, 03:53 PM
To jmatarii I can’t thank you enough. I am going on a cruise in 6 days and I’m leaving my son in charge of FFS. This will allow me to plan ahead.

G4OU812
01-23-18, 04:00 PM
I wish everyone GOOD luck. I'm sitting this one out. Yes my first time, but I'm done for now. Really annoyed with several things in the game, so i can't focus on this for 10 days. I Really want to see some changes around the game, before I continue playing with fun again. I just need some time to breath:p.

I hear you. I'm not worrying about this one but I'd like to try to the other animal in the tournament but I'm kind of burned out from the last one. The infamous Round 29. May end up dropping out of that one if it gets hard to pass some rounds.

Sakrysta
01-23-18, 10:25 PM
And once again we have the useless Adventurnips cluttering our planting menu. Grrr...

AppieP
01-23-18, 10:28 PM
And once again we have the useless Adventurnips cluttering our planting menu. Grrr...

Indeed grrrr. That's one annoyed thing I was talking about....

AppleWhite84
01-24-18, 12:29 AM
I really like all the animals in this storybook :) Hopefully I can get them all since I've not been doing well in the tournaments.

31aug2002
01-24-18, 09:55 AM
Thank you jmatarii for your info. Does let one plan ahead.
Does anyone have the food requirements for the 3 animals ie
Peregrine Djinn to lvl 15
Princess Pup to lvl 14
Sultan Steed to minimum lvl 4 so as to breed with it.

Thanks in advance :)

cng500
01-24-18, 10:08 AM
Think of it this way - There are times when I'm building up food supplies, and only have a 2 hour window, so having the adventure turnips fits my schedule well. What would be interesting to hear is what you would like to see on the planting menu instead or in addition to what is there?

NazKat
01-24-18, 10:57 AM

Same here, I haven't really bothered with the events coz I'm enjoying the less stress of worrying about if I can finish on time, if that makes sense. Had a lot going on lately so just been playing casually. Good luck everyone and as always thanks a bunch for all help and advice!! :o :)

Limequat
01-24-18, 11:02 AM
Think of it this way - There are times when I'm building up food supplies, and only have a 2 hour window, so having the adventure turnips fits my schedule well. What would be interesting to hear is what you would like to see on the planting menu instead or in addition to what is there?

Charm cherries give you 300 pieces of food per hour, while adventurnips only give you 100 pieces every two hours. I can see how adventurnips would be helpful for newer players who haven't built up a large supply of coins yet, but for older players with a billion coins, it's better to plant charm cherries and leave them unharvested for an hour than plant adventurnips. Planting charm cherries becomes such a habit that's it easy to accidentally click on the adventurnips when they suddenly show up where the charm cherries once were. It's annoying having to wait 2 hours for 100 pieces of food when you could have afforded to get 600. And that's if you notice your mistake after planting one farm - if you don't realize it until after you've planted all six farms, you end up getting 600 versus 3600. That's a pretty huge difference in yield.

Phoenix406
01-24-18, 12:24 PM
They used to make us plant Adventurnips, so it made sense for them to be there, but now they never ask for them, so why do they even bring them out?

Funner52
01-24-18, 12:52 PM
Ok here’s the story my sis gave me a 100$ (cha ching!) apple gift card a month or so ago. I just now was using it. So I decided that I should use it to speed up the storybook event. I mean, who wouldnt want the Sultan Steed? So now I have finished the event and have all the animals including the Arabian mare(who is gorgeous might I add!) I’m so so so so so happy!

jmatarii
01-24-18, 02:18 PM
.... Does anyone have the food requirements for the 3 animals ie
Peregrine Djinn to lvl 15
Princess Pup to lvl 14
Sultan Steed to minimum lvl 4 so as to breed with it.

Dusk Ox Table B x Level 4=65 Apples.

Peregrine Djinn Table C x Level 15=44,330 Apples.

Princess Pup Table D x Level 14=72,660 Apples.

Sultan Steed Table E x Level 4=325 Apples.

Best Regards.

Phoenix406
01-24-18, 03:51 PM
Ok here’s the story my sis gave me a 100$ (cha ching!) apple gift card a month or so ago. I just now was using it. So I decided that I should use it to speed up the storybook event. I mean, who wouldnt want the Sultan Steed? So now I have finished the event and have all the animals including the Arabian mare(who is gorgeous might I add!) I’m so so so so so happy!

Yay! :) I'm happy for you.

Phoenix406
01-24-18, 03:52 PM

Best Regards.

Well that's 100,000 more apples than I have. :(

LauraGSJK
01-24-18, 08:27 PM

Same for me. Good luck to everyone that is participating.

Funner52
01-24-18, 09:33 PM
Yay! :) I'm happy for you.

Thank you so much! I hope you can get them as well!

miadoubled
01-24-18, 10:54 PM
For some reason i cant remember but will it autocomplete for me if i hatch dusk ox early ?? Or should i wait? Thanks!

AppieP
01-25-18, 12:48 AM
For some reason i cant remember but will it autocomplete for me if i hatch dusk ox early ?? Or should i wait? Thanks!

Like the previous SB's you can hatch it before the chapter starts.

DirkDragon
01-25-18, 01:33 AM
So we have the Adventurnips again and they are NOT required for the SB! I have complained about this before. It just leads to planting mistakes. WHY ARE THEY THERE???

DirkDragon
01-25-18, 01:50 AM

My complaint in the past is about where they put the Adventurnips. I have asked for them to be placed at the end of the list as it leads to mistakes. Alternatively, put them in permanently. Why keep moving them in and out? I think it's just habit and they don't thnk about it.

L1SAEVE
01-25-18, 02:16 AM
Hey, i tried to hatch the djinn but for sone unknown reason I can't. The djinn's in my storage but it says : goal. Maybe I can't hatch it before tomorrow? Does anyone have thisboeobkem as well or does anyone know what to do? It's the first time that this happens to me. 😔
Thank you😊

Funner52
01-25-18, 11:25 AM
Hey, i tried to hatch the djinn but for sone unknown reason I can't. The djinn's in my storage but it says : goal. Maybe I can't hatch it before tomorrow? Does anyone have thisboeobkem as well or does anyone know what to do? It's the first time that this happens to me. ��
Thank you��
That sometimes happens to me with animals in the shop. It usually helps to restart your device. It’s just another one of those horrible FFS bugs.

myxbuttx4242
01-25-18, 11:46 AM
Can someone please tell me is there a trick to harvesting the Gold Scarabs? Because every time I do a story book I can never get anything from harvesting. what am I doing wrong?

Cranlink14606
01-25-18, 11:51 AM
Can someone please tell me is there a trick to harvesting the Gold Scarabs? Because every time I do a story book I can never get anything from harvesting. what am I doing wrong?

You can't harvest ahead of time. You have to wait till it shows up to do it. They don't actually show up in your storage. It calculates it as you harvest your plants.

myxbuttx4242
01-25-18, 11:54 AM
It's on the storybook right now for me but I've been harvesting and it still says 0/32. Is there a specific fruit I need to be harvesting?

Phoenix406
01-25-18, 12:34 PM
It's on the storybook right now for me but I've been harvesting and it still says 0/32. Is there a specific fruit I need to be harvesting?

Hmmm, I don't know what could be wrong. You do not need to harvest a specific fruit. I harvested a mix of Nexus Nuts and Mystic Mangoes. Maybe close your device and/or close out of your game and come back in? Also, check where it says "collect gold scarabs from harvesting" and see if there is any progress reported in the bar - does it say 0/32 or another number out of 32?

myxbuttx4242
01-25-18, 01:04 PM
Hmmm, I don't know what could be wrong. You do not need to harvest a specific fruit. I harvested a mix of Nexus Nuts and Mystic Mangoes. Maybe close your device and/or close out of your game and come back in? Also, check where it says "collect gold scarabs from harvesting" and see if there is any progress reported in the bar - does it say 0/32 or another number out of 32?

Ok I think I figured out what was wrong. I was harvesting a small amount at a time. It seems as if only the larger amounts work.

Cranlink14606
01-25-18, 01:49 PM
Ok I think I figured out what was wrong. I was harvesting a small amount at a time. It seems as if only the larger amounts work.

I believe you have to at least do 1 hour harvest for it to count at least that is what I have seen on mine. You get 1.5 points (scarabs in this case) for each hour.

G4OU812
01-25-18, 02:25 PM

Best Regards.

Thanks for that. There's no way I can harvest, food rewards, mining and videos to get all of that even though I have 73,847 food. I've finished the Magmonkey battleground so I can't get more from the battlegrounds. May as well stock up on food as I could use it for another event. Still would have to use some to level up any animals to 4 in order to breed them also.

miadoubled
01-25-18, 02:38 PM
Like the previous SB's you can hatch it before the chapter starts.

Thanks, dont know why i couldn't remember!

Sakrysta
01-26-18, 01:06 PM
I believe you have to at least do 1 hour harvest for it to count at least that is what I have seen on mine. You get 1.5 points (scarabs in this case) for each hour.
I think it works similarly to the bombs we get from breeding. You get 1 bomb per every 6 (or is it 8?) hours of breeding. So you will not get one from a 3 hour Fairy Ferret, but if you breed 2 of them in a row, you are likely to get a bomb on the second one.

Likewise, if you are planting Power Pears, you will get a single harvesting reward token once in a while, as your repeated plantings add up to whatever the game algorithm says you have to invest per token. That is why in the list of steps, it will say 1 or 1.5 per hour - so you have an idea of how many hours worth of planting you have to do to earn what you need.

The easiest thing to do is to plant Mystic Mangoes the night before the day you need tokens from harvesting. The hard part is remembering not to harvest them before you reach that step. I am bad about reflexively harvesting first thing in the morning before I have woken up enough to realize I need to do other steps first! LOL

Phoenix406
01-26-18, 01:19 PM
The easiest thing to do is to plant Mystic Mangoes the night before the day you need tokens from harvesting. The hard part is remembering not to harvest them before you reach that step. I am bad about reflexively harvesting first thing in the morning before I have woken up enough to realize I need to do other steps first! LOL

I have this same problem! Ugh!

BiggerBubbles
01-26-18, 06:10 PM
Say you need 60 of something from harvesting, 4 hrs after the previous nights reset I plant 2 20 hr crops. The reason for the 4 hrs is it gives me time to get in 4 crops of charm cherries on all farms, then the 20 hrs crops are ready right at reset, also I plant them at the bottom. I always harvest from the top, so after planting cherries all day, it is easy to remember not to touch those 2 farms. I am lucky that I have been playing for years, have a fortune in money and have 6 large farms, all in a long row, so this is what works for me.

Penguin2016
01-26-18, 07:35 PM
I have this same problem! Ugh!

Yep, same. I’ve also done it with hatching and evolving. So frustrating!

frogtwin
01-28-18, 07:19 PM
I just put my djinn to lvl up to 4 and wanted to know if I started to breed with the chromadile now , would it count towards the second step if I have a five hour egg all ready cooking in the nest? Did I loose ya'll yet? lol I had that stupid bird for two days and was trying to figure out why I wasn't breeding it when I was breeding the " two royals" ughhhhh I was brain dead .

Thanks for all the great info I read on this forum. Karen aka frogtwin

PookieBearsGirl
01-28-18, 09:10 PM
I just put my djinn to lvl up to 4 and wanted to know if I started to breed with the chromadile now , would it count towards the second step if I have a five hour egg all ready cooking in the nest? Did I loose ya'll yet? lol I had that stupid bird for two days and was trying to figure out why I wasn't breeding it when I was breeding the " two royals" ughhhhh I was brain dead .

Thanks for all the great info I read on this forum. Karen aka frogtwin

If I'm understanding you correctly, breeding with the Chromadile only counts in the moment. Having it in the breeding den already doesn't count.
I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hit re-breed when I needed to breed with a specific animal and its cost me a day or two!:D
Hopefully this helps you, dearie!

tuffyjkitten
01-29-18, 03:12 PM
So I had a crystal unicorn fail for trying to breed something (don't even remember what now, it was days ago) and got behind on the breed a Dusk Ox step. I got it fairly quickly once the den was free, but placing it from the breeding den to the nest didn't count as hatching as it has in the past. Is this a new change or did mine just not work for some reason?

PookieBearsGirl
01-29-18, 04:31 PM
So I had a crystal unicorn fail for trying to breed something (don't even remember what now, it was days ago) and got behind on the breed a Dusk Ox step. I got it fairly quickly once the den was free, but placing it from the breeding den to the nest didn't count as hatching as it has in the past. Is this a new change or did mine just not work for some reason?

Oh man! I thought getting a 17 hour breed time when trying for the Dusk Ox was bad, but for a CU that would totally be worth the delay.;)I believe you are correct. A long time ago that would have counted as hatching it but somewhere along the line they changed it. I liked it the old way.:(

GreytMom
01-31-18, 12:17 PM

It DID count for me as already hatched. I had gotten the Dusk Ox rather quickly & hatched him right away. Hopefully by now it has reset for you.

dala12
02-01-18, 02:53 AM
The common monster is not coming. So I not going to make it. I have a few days left and I am so much behind that it’s no use to try. I think it is no fun anymore.

septangl29
02-01-18, 05:49 AM
I never got the dusk ox either. I bred 4 rare dream bats and a raccmoon. Very frustrating

AppieP
02-01-18, 09:04 AM

For a task "hatch a ...." you need to place it from the nest to a habitat.

For a task "breed a ...." means placing it from the den to the nest.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix406
02-01-18, 11:46 AM
I bred the dusk ox early on both of my accounts and hatched them right away (before it asked us to), and it counted on both accounts.

Rynetory2
02-02-18, 04:31 AM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

AppieP
02-02-18, 10:31 AM
I didn't participate as you know. But I only like the Peregrine Djinn. I did collected, and decited to leave it with that.

sauscony
02-02-18, 02:24 PM
Can I get rough diamonds from mining?
Now I got only lovely sweats and apples from mining instead of rough diamonds.(>_<)

Monichiwa
02-02-18, 02:46 PM
Now I got only lovely sweats and apples from mining instead of rough diamonds.(>_<)
The same is happening to me!! Can a moderator please confirm this, or it's a bug or something? There are like 10 hours left to complete the tales, and I just have a few hours before going to bed. They want to have lots of things going on at the same time and this is what happens...

AppieP
02-02-18, 02:55 PM

I get both 9 out of 10.

sauscony
02-02-18, 03:54 PM
Thank you. I got 5 rough diamonds using 9 bombs. *\(^o^)/*

Monichiwa
02-02-18, 04:42 PM
I have used 5 bombs so far and I haven't received any diamonds. It has never happened to me to use 5 bombs and not receiving anything, I don't know if I should keep wasting bombs :S

Rynetory2
02-13-18, 08:01 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.