PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

atiragram
01-31-18, 03:50 AM
Uggh! I am swimming in purple grapes (27) , but I desperately need green grapes (5)! Yup... I need to make 2 1/3 more gift baskets, and am running short of green grapes. Can we trade? ;-)
Yes please, I give you ten green ones for just one purple one.
Indeed I got two more and I think I will finish. Not entirely without gems, though, I used some for speeding up, but not more than I got through adventures during the same time. That is, if I don?t have to buy another purple grape.
Some 10 trees, 4 monsters and 1 purple grape to go now.

rainee620e
01-31-18, 04:15 AM
Finally completed the event and hopefully I get some golden pear .. have been short of one pear since a week ago to complete a golden trade
All normal trade prizes were redundant and unworthy of time and energy brrrr
Hope the next event will be something interesting and more worthy of our time yea..

jaymieb2
01-31-18, 06:02 AM
Woo Hoo! On my last Gift Basket trade, I received a base for cider! That is six less Acer Berries that I need to collect!

Didn?t see cider base as a possible drop, but there it was! Along with some coin and wood or something... sorry, I was distracted with the bottle of cider base! Lol!

jaymieb2
01-31-18, 06:12 AM
I'd just like to know why every time I select "craft this event item" I'm told it will consume resources, "do you want to proceed"

BUT APPARENTLY

S8 DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONFIRM GEM PURCHASES!!!!!!

Bwahahaha! Nailed it!

transberry
01-31-18, 06:25 AM
So rough to do these when gone 10hours a day and no WiFi only got 4 baskets trade done

PrincessCupOButter
01-31-18, 07:02 AM
I finished the event. I did not spend one single gem (not even in a gem trap!) and did not buy the tree. I did have to use a few monster traps I had in storage, from adventures.
This was one of the worst. The monster spawn rates were so low (for what appears to be the majority of players commenting, at least). The very limiting amount of grapes. (1 green every two hours and maybe a purple) The acer berries dropping mostly 2-3 per tree. And last but not least, the awful returns from the trades. (Wood, sap, and living wood, plus a few coins, were insulting after having chopped scores of trees just to do the trade. I am sure we all saw lots of black banners)
This one just seemed designed to force gem use, and the prizes (rewards) are definitely not gem worthy. I did finish, but only because I had time, daily Ali energy, and I was too stubborn to quit after getting halfway through.
Now it is all off to storage. Here’s hoping this week’s update is much better!

LadyFencer
01-31-18, 07:27 AM
I discovered I had four boar traps in inventory and used those. Then the monsters reappeared after that, and I finished the event about a half hour ago (being awake at 4 a.m. helped with the timing). I had to use extra energy last night, but my unicorn gave me 100!!!! (second time that's happened), so that helped with getting trees grown and harvesting those dang berries.

I agree about the drops not being worth it. My 10th trade gave me 100-something coins. Seriously? And that was the second time that happened of the 10. BUT, I do like the horse and cart and the extra items to go with my other vineyard deco.

As an aside, one frustration of this event and other similar ones is how much energy I waste chopping trees because I cannot use the wood. I wish the wood and/or sap we collect could be part of the event. Chopping rocks is similar.

Oh yeah--I did not buy the gem tree, and I did not spend any gems to complete the event.

MisterBlu
01-31-18, 08:06 AM
The occasional trade ticket or expansion permit as drops would be very useful given that each permit requires 30 tickets. Amongst the last batch of expansions I still have 3 to do which in total require 15 permits. That's 450 tickets. I'll be pushing up daisies before I get any where near that amount making them in the Royal Excange.

jaymieb2
01-31-18, 09:15 AM
I think I am going to make it... only have one Fruit trade left.

My fruit baskets are done
4 of remaining 6 base ciders are made. I have all my grapes, purple grapes, and pears. Need water and 10 more Acer Berries, if I counted correctly.

*update - six more Berries! But I am out of energy. *sigh*

storiadelcastello
01-31-18, 09:36 AM
130 coins from a golden trade. What a complete waste of time and gems. Really really �� annoyed

weebod1
01-31-18, 10:40 AM
Well that’s yet another challenge not completed. I don’t care what anyone says, the developers are certainly meddling with the game to force players to purchase items if they want to complete.
This challenge in particular, with about 2 days to go.. suddenly I stop getting beasts as I need the cider spices. I cleared over 30 trees, over 50 fields, every mushroom, every flower bed and tended to every animal and I’m lucky if I got 7 beasts. With 11 alicorns and 10 mini Ali’s I had a fair amount of energy to fall back on... but now I’ve used all that up and run out of time.
Shameful behaviour and I am adamant I won’t spend another penny on this game.

atiragram
01-31-18, 11:25 AM
I did have to use a few monster traps I had in storage, from adventures.
Oh, Princess, thanks for reminding me that there is such thing as a monster trap! I just actually got the last purple grape needed (still can?t believe it) but now I run around harvesting corn and chopping more trees (got all the berries needed by now, too) just to find two more monsters and apparently those decided to look for corn in some other kingdom. But I think I saw a trap or two in my inventory last time I checked, so that?s it, I will definitely make it.
Totally unbelievable.

88silver
01-31-18, 02:42 PM
I really disliked this event. I finished it, but I didn't enjoy it.

Where to start?

* The extreme number of optional quests at the beginning. So many kept popping up, and some of them with really short timers. I have things to do other than babysit my game.
* 260 crafts that are 30 minutes or less. That means checking in on your game 15+ times a day. That's not fun. Having to check in on the game frequently is why I stopped doing timed events for BS and RS. Again, I have things to do other than babysit my game.
* The prize. It seems like the point of this is to get drops of golden pears and golden grapes, to do the golden fruit trade. But it sounds like it's not a very good trade.

EsmeW2
01-31-18, 03:44 PM

Where to start?

* The extreme number of optional quests at the beginning. So many kept popping up, and some of them with really short timers. I have things to do other than babysit my game.
* 260 crafts that are 30 minutes or less. That means checking in on your game 15+ times a day. That's not fun. Having to check in on the game frequently is why I stopped doing timed events for BS and RS. Again, I have things to do other than babysit my game.
* The prize. It seems like the point of this is to get drops of golden pears and golden grapes, to do the golden fruit trade. But it sounds like it's not a very good trade.

Exactly!!! That's just how I feel too. im going to be pretty wary about getting involved in events from now on.

ladlasse
01-31-18, 03:45 PM
Purple grapes started dropping a little better, so I was 4 grape ciders away from the last 1-1/4 cider baskets needed for trades. I have everything else. But...now the purple grapes have stopped. Interesting that the 4 cider baskets I need are available in the current offering for $9.99. I don't need the other items, so it might be a waste of money. I could buy the grapes for 25 gems each, but not sure the end prize of the horse is worth it. Thoughts?

farmerbrown2010
01-31-18, 04:34 PM
Purple grapes started dropping a little better, so I was 4 grape ciders away from the last 1-1/4 cider baskets needed for trades. I have everything else. But...now the purple grapes have stopped. Interesting that the 4 cider baskets I need are available in the current offering for $9.99. I don't need the other items, so it might be a waste of money. I could buy the grapes for 25 gems each, but not sure the end prize of the horse is worth it. Thoughts!

I was doing great until 2 days ago and then the purple grapes stopped. I even used gems to speed up and still only got green grapes. So for the first time I won’t be finishing.

ladlasse
01-31-18, 07:20 PM
From all the comments I previously read, I did not buy the boost nor use gems to finish, so no horse for me. Kind of a bummer since I would have been able to finish if the grape drop from Sun and Mon carried through until today. However, I did 3 gold trades and received 10,000 coins on my first and third. I guess that's my consolation prize.

spyd58
01-31-18, 07:38 PM
Event went well for me. All items possible are now souvenirs and had horse this morning. Golden drops most rare but still got some. Hope upcoming Valentine event follows story line with some new interesting creatures. This event actually gave me time to progress on the Land and Sea event which reminds me of Sister Sister for length of time to complete.

Silvernomiko
01-31-18, 07:50 PM
Anyone not finish Goal 2 but STILL triggered the timed side goals? I had to comb through pages to figure out how to get the Vineyard Brewery since it doesn't show up in the crafting tab (until after finishing Goal 2, it triggers).

This event seems very poorly planned.

jesslau9
01-31-18, 08:38 PM

Where to start?

I got the horse on Tues evening, but tbh, none of the prizes were interesting, like a few coins, a few water, a few golden fruits.

I merely finished because I was on like trade # 6 before I felt it was a waste of time. It started with the goals being so easy till it hit you how much time it needed to make 10 trades.

I really don't need another horse either

Oh and I didn't buy the gem tree, no way was i gonna spend 200+ gem on a tree
[/CODE]

letf8b
01-31-18, 09:31 PM
My game glitched and wouldn’t count my last 2 baskets super sucked since I spent around 80 gems speeding my pears up so I could finish. Oh well. I filled out a ticket we shall see what haps. Congrats to all that finished :)

GiselleX16
02-01-18, 12:02 PM
I finished the event without gemming but what a bore. The graphics are lovely and I do try for every horse so yay? But nothing but coins (usually just 1075) and maybe water from all the fruit basket trades.

Destiel0918
02-01-18, 12:58 PM
The event was not HORRIBLE, but it was just plain boring. Just more stuff that takes up space. And the drops of the trades were not worth the effort to gain materials for crafts.

rembetiko
02-01-18, 01:39 PM
I wish I had used all the energy from alicorns for something else than chopping trees though I am maxed out on wood, collecting stuff for those baskets which gave me only coins and a little water (would have been cheaper energy-wise to collect directly from ponds and buildings and forget those baskets).

Lots of collecting, nothing nice or marginally useful in return. And I don’t even like wine. It would be great if we could decide whether we want to participate in an event at all and if we choose “no”, not being bothered with pop-ups and collecting event-specific items which pile up in storage and make it hard to find something.

Andro45
02-02-18, 07:50 AM
This event looked like a walk in the park, but looks can be deceiving...I only got to do 2 gift basket trades...Getting all the required stuff wasn't really the problem, everyday life was. Fortunately I didn't really want/need the grand prize.

karak71
02-02-18, 10:46 AM
I tried to do this one without the forum, and I should have checked in. It was fine, I just found myself frustrated that it took so long to do stuff. I either didn't have time to keep checking in or forgot. It wasn't bad and I really like the graphics, but I got nine Trades made. Lol

OnlyOneRamoth
02-14-18, 05:10 PM
Has anyone actually received anything but junk from the golden trade? All that work for a few coins and a wooden beam?!?

SpiritWind00
02-14-18, 06:58 PM
Has anyone actually received anything but junk from the golden trade? All that work for a few coins and a wooden beam?!?
I did a few more golden trades hoping for another couple walls and gates, but didn't get anything, so it's gone to storage. I've kept out the horse and the gem tree to get to max drops so I can try again at some stage. I really wish the acer berries were a drop as I'm not chopping anymore trees until the next goal asks for those trees, then it will be an added bonus.

lilymonster4
04-12-18, 06:49 AM
Is there a way to find out if I completed this event? I complete every event and I don’t remember not completing it but I don’t have the horse

SpiritWind00
04-12-18, 05:31 PM
Is there a way to find out if I completed this event? I complete every event and I don’t remember not completing it but I don’t have the horse
You can ask Support to check your game. Good luck.

I looked at all of your posts and there is only 1 here from you which was about the baskets. So looks like Support is where you need to go. Read through the goals again and do check inventory.

S8 Support: Click here to contact S8 Support (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)