PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story event 1/18 - What's Eating Baron's Grapes?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

nuttyangel_69
01-20-18, 08:52 AM
Do the drops from the vineyard tree make it worth the gems? Been saving my gems up for as and when something worthwhile comes along.

ashley224
01-20-18, 08:58 AM
Do the drops from the vineyard tree make it worth the gems? Been saving my gems up for as and when something worthwhile comes along.

I bought the tree, it will make it easier to finish the goals but personally I don’t think it was worth it...many things available that are better value. I guess it depends on how much you want to finish this event and what other things you need to enhance daily playing

MoonVillage3
01-20-18, 10:38 AM
I think you?ve got the math backwards
You chopped approx 2.5 trees to get 1 beast
She chopped approx 4.5 trees to get a beast
Therefore your spawn rate is almost double hers
thank you for the correction Ashley. it was wrong wording.
logically thinking it should be how you pointed out.. as more trees you chop.. the better the rate gets.
the strategy however is.. keep chopping, you get more.

MoonVillage3
01-20-18, 11:10 AM
if you don't have extra gems to spend I wouldn't buy it. the tree does help alot but it's not vitally important if you collect regularly from the Pergola. I got it because I love trees and like collecting them. another pear tree would help the collection also, if it was offered as every hour is abit tight.. but we can manage as many days are left.

PrincessCelestian
01-20-18, 11:52 AM
IMO there should be three trades. A fruit basket trade, a cider basket trade and a gold trade. And prizes should be commiserate with drop rate/effort to create. I can create the fruit baskets easily. The cider baskets take absolute ages and a ton of energy from chopping.

katbtodd
01-20-18, 01:04 PM
These trade are not good.. Gold trade did not count towards the 10 we need and I got drum roll please,.,,,,,,,,,
One stone and 150 coins
Yes it was the gold trade

AnnirasSweets
01-20-18, 01:23 PM
Just collected my second Golden Trade. Trade 1 gave: 1 Enchanter's Essence, 1 Tasting Barrel, Coins. Trade 2 dropped: 1 Gold Nugget, 2 Grapevine Fence, 1 Silver. While not totally worthless, hardly worth my efforts.

The thing that bothers me most is that there is little to no discernible difference in the 'rewards' given between the Basket and Golden Trades. Other than the Golden Trade occasionally giving more coins than the Basket Trade, you can't tell which trade you've completed from the drops alone.

The fact that the golden items are harder to obtain combined with the fact that the Golden Trade takes much longer should naturally lead to better prizes, should it not? Is this not the way every other trade in the CS world has ever worked?

The amount of energy and time expended do not nearly equal the drops yielded. There is no incentive for anyone to complete the Golden Trade at this time, so why would the horse that gives the items to finish said trade be considered a 'prize?'

I was trying, very hard, to see the potential positives in this event from the beginning but it's pretty hard to maintain my optimism with these dismal results. I genuinely think this is a good idea just poorly executed and really do hope I'm wrong in my current opinion.

I'll save my final judgement (excluding this near-rant) until we see the official drop list that shows good items are possible or someone gets a really worthwhile 'reward' for the efforts needed in the Golden Trade.

29vanilla
01-20-18, 03:52 PM
Been out of state and very busy. Wondering if there’s time to even start this event?? Any tips? Grow a bunch of acer trees first? How many? Thanks for any replies.

maryamhjm
01-20-18, 04:16 PM
Just collected my second Golden Trade. Trade 1 gave: 1 Enchanter's Essence, 1 Tasting Barrel, Coins. Trade 2 dropped: 1 Gold Nugget, 2 Grapevine Fence, 1 Silver. While not totally worthless, hardly worth my efforts.

The thing that bothers me most is that there is little to no discernible difference in the 'rewards' given between the Basket and Golden Trades. Other than the Golden Trade occasionally giving more coins than the Basket Trade, you can't tell which trade you've completed from the drops alone.

The fact that the golden items are harder to obtain combined with the fact that the Golden Trade takes much longer should naturally lead to better prizes, should it not? Is this not the way every other trade in the CS world has ever worked?

The amount of energy and time expended do not nearly equal the drops yielded. There is no incentive for anyone to complete the Golden Trade at this time, so why would the horse that gives the items to finish said trade be considered a 'prize?'

I was trying, very hard, to see the potential positives in this event from the beginning but it's pretty hard to maintain my optimism with these dismal results. I genuinely think this is a good idea just poorly executed and really do hope I'm wrong in my current opinion.

I'll save my final judgement (excluding this near-rant) until we see the official drop list that shows good items are possible or someone gets a really worthwhile 'reward' for the efforts needed in the Golden Trade.

I completely agree, Most items we can easily make most of the time or drop from some other source, this waste to much energy for little reward.
I also bought the tree because I liked it not because I need it, and I will probably try to finish this event just to collect the end price, but I doubt with these prices if I will continue with the trades etc.after the event.
I wish that for once the drops were known and not like always a very very rare wanted item with a ....and more drops.

ratdogs4
01-20-18, 04:19 PM
Been out of state and very busy. Wondering if there’s time to even start this event?? Any tips? Grow a bunch of acer trees first? How many? Thanks for any replies.
It may not be worth your time and energy. I regret starting it.

VersaceMorrow
01-20-18, 04:45 PM
My first fruit basket trade dropped 2 golden pears and $5000...if anyone is still counting :)

ashley224
01-20-18, 07:53 PM
My first fruit basket trade dropped 2 golden pears and $5000...if anyone is still counting :)

Wow! Congrats! That beats any trade I’ve made..

chewingthecud
01-20-18, 08:31 PM
These trade are not good.. Gold trade did not count towards the 10 we need and I got drum roll please,.,,,,,,,,,
One stone and 150 coins
Yes it was the gold trade

I also did a gold trade and it did not count. All I got was coins!

atiragram
01-21-18, 12:34 AM
One Fruit Basket trade a day sounds doable. Sounds good to me. Now I just have to remember to collect my grapes and pears as often as possible.
I thought about this. One trade requires three purple grapes. That may work for some of us, but there?s people who reported two purple grapes in 13 (!) collections. With that rate, it cannot be done. Simply doing the maths. 13 collections require 26 hours, being more than a day and it was only two purple grapes. And it would require to set a 2-hours timer during sleep time. For the prizes I read here, I?m definitely not prepared to sacrifice my sleep. Nor would I spend gems.
So, in essence, it might be doable for some, but it?s not so easy as it sounds (like, come on, only one trade a day - well...). And it might be outright impossible with the purple grape drop rate many of us have, particularly if we want to sleep through the night. I?m not yet giving up, because I think the horse is cute, but I just have three purple grapes so far as well, and I started right at the beginning. So I?m not very confident I?ll make it and I won?t fight for it too hard, either, considering all of the above.

atiragram
01-21-18, 01:23 AM
Sorry for double-post.
I would start it, place all the nice items, particularly the pear tree and the vineyard pergola and follow the main quest line to a certain point. But I would not bother with any of the side goals (unless you find them fun and just have the time and energy) and the final trades. In any case, do not spend gems because I hardly see how it could be worth it (unless the horse actally drops something really awesome - that is, if it has drops at all). Just try out the stuff for playing around with it. Having the stuff placed may not harm, it?s rather pretty and you never know whether it gets enhanced later.
Now, if you would like to do the side goals, or some of them, growing acer trees beforehand might help. On the other hand, if you would desperately want to try to go for the horse, placing the pergola and collecting from it asap, might increase your chance for that. The side goals are all really optional, they don?t make your progress for the gift basket trades any quicker.

ShibuyaCloth
01-21-18, 01:37 AM
Been out of state and very busy. Wondering if there?s time to even start this event?? Any tips? Grow a bunch of acer trees first? How many? Thanks for any replies.

Have not done stat, but from what I see I will be close to >100 trees to grow and chop. For the rest patience, as you need to harvest every hour the pear tree (100x) and the pergola every 2 hours (70x) or ore as purple grape is rather rare.

ShibuyaCloth
01-21-18, 01:56 AM
Done my stats now:

Green Grapes Cider Spices Acer Berries Purple Grapes Pears Base Cider Pear Cider Grape Cider Fruit Basket Cider Basket Gift Basket Trade Energy
Vineyard Horse 70 90 540 30 200 90 60 30 40 30 10 3,420

Assumptions:
Green Grapes: 0 (Drops each time from the Pergola, comes for free when seeking purple grapes)
Cider Spices: 3 (3 Defeating a Skunkupine or Fangbeast, spawn comes for free by regular play and chopping trees)
Acer Berries: 5 (Every 5 to grow a tree, 3 drops per tree)
Purple Grapes: 3 (Collecting pergola)
Pears: 0.5 (Drops 2 each harvest)
Energy per Day: 260 (Fully used for the event)

Notes:

With 3 berries per tree, that is 180 tree to chop!!!!
If you invest 260 energy a day in average, you will get the horse at the last minute!
You need to harvest the pear tree 100x, that means 8 time a day to make it
You need to harvest in average 7x a day the pergola

Flowersandgems
01-21-18, 03:23 AM
Thanks for your answers, and your help.

I have only done one trade so far. Don’t think I can check in every hour. I’ll keep playing just because I like it. The pears and grapes are a problem, no problem with the rest now, just keep chopping. Good luck everyone.

Amarice
01-21-18, 03:23 AM
The first prizes of my trades were horribly underwhealming.

The first regular trade was 146 gold.

The golden trade was around 1000 gold and some very common material.

I iz sad :/

rainee620e
01-21-18, 04:13 AM
Can someone tell me what does the prize horse gives? It just seems redundant if it only gives horsehair ._.

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 04:23 AM
Can someone tell me what does the prize horse gives? It just seems redundant if it only gives horsehair ._.
we assume it's Golden Grapes and Pears.. but no reports yet.
go back to post #1.. you'll see the pop-up ad there.

VersaceMorrow
01-21-18, 05:39 AM
Wow! Congrats! That beats any trade I?ve made..

Of course the gold trade was lackluster.... fancy block, iron ore and maybe $1000 plus change

ETA Not sure if that means the fruit basket trade is the better one in all cases, just my first one of each

LostCauses
01-21-18, 06:54 AM
450 water? Also

judafarm
01-21-18, 07:35 AM
How to play this event when I don't get purple grapes?
The only grapes I get are the green grapes...

atiragram
01-21-18, 07:47 AM
Me too, yet again got only green ones. Had a purple grapes once, then game reset and it was only green ones again. No way will I be able to do 10 trades with this drop rate.

tromalyt
01-21-18, 08:10 AM
No monsters either, except for the aquanthers, which spawn from reefs and anemones every third to fifth hit.

Sadly, aquanthers don't give seeds.

nateryd
01-21-18, 09:06 AM
I’m having a hard time seeing the point of the “longevity “ of this. In order to get the horse that gives the Golden things for future trades. We have to complete this event. Which means ALOT of growing and chopping acre trees..... especially if you want to make other baskets for trades after the event is over..... BUT the trades are pretty much a disappointment almost 99% of the time.
So what’s the point really? I feel like I want to just stop participating in the event. I do like how pretty everything is.. but limited space

jkc619
01-21-18, 09:18 AM
The prizes are really a disappointment. The gold trade only gave me one iron, a grape masher deco, and 1000 coins. Really, really a disappointment.:(

judafarm
01-21-18, 09:31 AM
Me too, yet again got only green ones. Had a purple grapes once, then game reset and it was only green ones again. No way will I be able to do 10 trades with this drop rate.

So, again a storm8 game that isn't to play without spent real money for buying gems...

nvangel
01-21-18, 10:17 AM
Gift basket trades not counting..ive done 4 and event still says 0. Does it reset every day?

hagypagy
01-21-18, 10:23 AM
So clearly there needs to be a change in trade prizes.
Storm8 you should look to fix this immediately!
The golden trade should ALWAYS drop something golden or a heap of coins ($10,000+)
The Fruit Basket Trade should ALWAYS drop energy (10/20+) ... cause fruit gives you energy.

Also the Cider Basket craft should really be in the Vineyard Brewery!

jbfps116
01-21-18, 10:28 AM
the ONLY positive benefit from this event: more awesome artwork, which is really the only reason I play this game

Amarice
01-21-18, 10:49 AM
Next trade, 1075 gold. :mad::mad::mad: I get more just for logging into the game each day.

29vanilla
01-21-18, 10:58 AM
Thanks to all who replied about whether to start this event. As usual it seems energy intense, time intense, drops extremely random and poor; but yeah the artwork is great.

I’ll give it ago just for a few pieces of artwork I guess. Don’t have any room but what’s new. Lol. I’ll plug along with my cough and tissues. Just a cold but hope all of you and your loved ones have steered clear of this horrible flu going around. Protect your elders and little ones.

AnnirasSweets
01-21-18, 11:01 AM
Gift basket trades not counting..ive done 4 and event still says 0. Does it reset every day?

No, the count should remain regardless of the day. I completed a few at the beginning of the event and my count has stayed. Did you get the pop up window showing your trade results the same as usual when you completed the trade? If so, this sounds like an issue for support.

EDIT: I've just completed a trade and my count went up so your issue is localized and you should probably start a ticket so it will be there for S8 on Monday.

ddumpling
01-21-18, 11:17 AM
I just can’t see that this one is doable for me. I’m only getting 1 purple grape a day. I’m going to keep on collecting the grapes and pears and see if the drop rate improves but not waste any more energy or money on buying, growing and chopping trees in the meantime.

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 11:25 AM
could it be you're playing on two devices with different CS upgrades? best to write support if not so.

HuckleTown
01-21-18, 11:33 AM

Also, remember only the gift basket trade counts NOT the golden basket trade.

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 11:50 AM
So clearly there needs to be a change in trade prizes.
Storm8 you should look to fix this immediately!
The golden trade should ALWAYS drop something golden or a heap of coins ($10,000+)
The Fruit Basket Trade should ALWAYS drop energy (10/20+) ... cause fruit gives you energy.

Also the Cider Basket craft should really be in the Vineyard Brewery!

I'm quite deluded myself with the basket drops!
After spending an easy relaxing Sunday crafting materials for this event.. I've finally reached the stage of crafting the Gift Baskets... it's 7:45pm and I started this morning about the same time. I got 100 coins plus 5 water!!! I just stared!

I understand the random drops but don't understand the poor quality of the drops being reported.. in comparison to the dedication of time/energy needed to craft them. It's really not satisfying nor equal. Who needs 100 coins + 5 water? Can't go anywhere with that. I hope this was not intentional, as seems to be a joke. Where's the camera placed to observe our reactions? Honestly the Baron in the kitchen gives more :confused:

ratdogs4
01-21-18, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know how many times the acer trees need to be watered before they can be chopped? I keep losing count and I'm trying to calculate energy. Thanks.

stormyskater
01-21-18, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know how many times the acer trees need to be watered before they can be chopped? I keep losing count and I'm trying to calculate energy. Thanks.

I *think* it?s 5, but I?m not positive.

Hestmae
01-21-18, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know about the “grape masher”? I see it listed one page 1 but it hasn’t shown up to purchase, that I can see??

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 02:58 PM

yes.. 5 waters and 10 chops. yellow acer cheaper and quicker to grow. waters are every 5min instead of 10 for the red acer.

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know about the “grape masher”? I see it listed one page 1 but it hasn’t shown up to purchase, that I can see??
it should be a random drop from the gift or gold baskets crafted

Hestmae
01-21-18, 03:08 PM
Thank you

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 03:14 PM
Thank you
welcome! at least that's what's indicated on the picture.. I haven't seen one yet either

ShibuyaCloth
01-21-18, 03:17 PM

Did my job:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102837-Castle-Story-event-1-18-What-s-Eating-Baron-s-Grapes&p=1487096&viewfull=1#post1487096

I was expecting a cheaper event, I am wrong. Also a real energy guzzler.

Not in this event. Only a drop from the trade.

DeeDeeBird70
01-21-18, 03:35 PM
yes.. 5 waters and 10 chops. yellow acer cheaper and quicker to grow. waters are every 5min instead of 10 for the red acer.

Sorry, Moon but yellow acers are 900 coins, red ones are 700. The yellow do grow up faster but I seem to be getting more berries and fangbeast or skunkupines with the red ones.

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 04:06 PM
Sorry, Moon but yellow acers are 900 coins, red ones are 700. The yellow do grow up faster but I seem to be getting more berries and fangbeast or skunkupines with the red ones.
my mistake, confirm yellow are more expensive. I usually plant 40 of each changing colors each batch, but haven't noticed any spawning differences. there's always a sequence when they don't spawn anything for about 10/12 trees.. then they start spawning again. it's surely a very high energy consume either color.

farmgirl8888
01-21-18, 04:33 PM
Maybe I’m crazy but the formula is quite different this time around. Normally, in my game anyway, speeding up by using gems used to be a last resort. (I am a loyal 6 year, level 50 player who can’t afford to buy unless on sale nor, have the huge energy sources as others.) To get back to the formula, there is nothing I want to speed up. Used to be speeding product was my choice but why would I want to speed a lake or well or tree? Especially since they are every 16 to 30 drops, approx. Made it easy to get all the prizes. The new way formula, at this point, I’m not sure I’ll make it. On the other hand your really making me rethink my strategy, I’ll give you that S8.

The pressure is on, haven’t felt that in awhile, not sure that’s a good thing or a bad thing for this 66 year old heart. But, enjoying the event, hope to see you all at the end with good results.

SpiritWind00
01-21-18, 04:51 PM
The final goal requires you to do the Gift basket trade 10 times - not create a fruit basket. The only trade that counts towards this goal is the one (3rd on the row) which requires 4 fruit baskets and 3 cider baskets. Are you sure you're doing the right trade? Support will help you if you are in fact doing the trade. If you need any additional help, please send me a PM.

storiadelcastello
01-21-18, 05:39 PM
Pepe le skunkupine spawned a skupine. 1/4 hits.

Curse of the post. Pepe has regretted his recent generosity and has gone on strike. No skunkupines from him since the first. Must have tapped him over 20 times and nothing :(

ladlasse
01-21-18, 07:17 PM
I did the gold trade first as I had all the materials and only had 1 purple grape drop toward the fruit basket trade. I received 10,050 coins. So that was very nice, but I am still far behind on getting purple grapes from the pergola. May not make it, but I'll keep trying.

stanis87
01-21-18, 10:09 PM
I did the gold trade first as I had all the materials and only had 1 purple grape drop toward the fruit basket trade. I received 10,050 coins. So that was very nice, but I am still far behind on getting purple grapes from the pergola. May not make it, but I'll keep trying.

I have the same problem with purple grapes, pleas somenon to give a riplay...

jesslau9
01-21-18, 11:15 PM
without gem-ing, is the 10 trades doable?

I mean I find myself running out of grapes,and the drop of ONE per 2hour is just..........miserable

I've only done TWO trades so far. the cider crafting may takes ONLY 10,15mins but am unable to visit every 10mins at work

I don't mind the hourly collecting of 2 pears.....

while the early celebration of NOT having to level a building was good, I soon realised the difficulty of grapes

Tamochan
01-22-18, 02:55 AM
does anyone know what happens to the pergola and pear tree and trade areas after the event is done? I started this event but have now got bored with it when I realised all we get is a horse at the end of it, and I would rather use my energy on something else, like trying to catch up with the aquanther storyline. However, do I store the pergola etc or keep them in situ for when the event is over?

butterfly_25
01-22-18, 03:34 AM
Just doing what I can but its moving slow, while I wait and wait for purple grapes..

PrincessCelestian
01-22-18, 05:05 AM
does anyone know what happens to the pergola and pear tree and trade areas after the event is done? I started this event but have now got bored with it when I realised all we get is a horse at the end of it, and I would rather use my energy on something else, like trying to catch up with the aquanther storyline. However, do I store the pergola etc or keep them in situ for when the event is over?

Apparently the trades stay after the event is over. After the event I will only do the gold trades however when I happen to have the ingredients to do them. The gift basket trade is waaaasay to louch effort for the reward. I can get 5000 coins and a bacon with six energy. And that?s a good trade. I too am bored with this event. Very very bored. It?s like busy work that never ends. But I am plugging away as fast as I can so that I can go back to other things and not have to worry about this event anymore. Working on trade number 6 now. The cider baskets are extremely tedious. They are my least favorite part without a doubt

jbfps116
01-22-18, 05:29 AM
probably the most sensible thing to gem speed in this event is the crafting times. only costs 1 gems usually and helps you wiz through those ciders if you have stocks of supplies. and yes the gem tree is worth it!

MoonVillage3
01-22-18, 06:30 AM
without gem-ing, is the 10 trades doable?

I mean I find myself running out of grapes,and the drop of ONE per 2hour is just..........miserable

I've only done TWO trades so far. the cider crafting may takes ONLY 10,15mins but am unable to visit every 10mins at work

I don't mind the hourly collecting of 2 pears.....

while the early celebration of NOT having to level a building was good, I soon realised the difficulty of grapes
on page 1, post #5 are the assumption stats all worked out by ShibuyaCloth. You can judge if you are able to keep up.

beefus
01-22-18, 07:02 AM
Been out of state and very busy. Wondering if there?s time to even start this event?? Any tips? Grow a bunch of acer trees first? How many? Thanks for any replies.

I've grown and chopped over 80 Acer trees and completed 3 Gift baskets so far... so I'm guessing I need another about 180 trees?

The good news is I've broken my record for 9 full trees chopped and no mob spawned!

I just can't get into a rhythm with this event... so many mini-timed steps, even having a full day of Sunday I just couldn't keep a beat.

FUn!
MOo!
Beefus

belbar22
01-22-18, 07:30 AM
I have had no purple grapes for 2 days!!!

jesslau9
01-22-18, 07:39 AM
on page 1, post #5 are the assumption stats all worked out by ShibuyaCloth. You can judge if you are able the keep up.
I think its not possible due to lack of grapes. Oops

Lyzau
01-22-18, 07:40 AM
I did 5 trades so far and 1 gold trade. So disappointed! All I received were a handful of coins and a bucket of water :(
What a shame. I was so looking forward to these beautiful walls and arches. At this rate and cost that will never happen. I feel like I wasted 100's of energy for chopping trees all for nothing!

CharlieGirl9
01-22-18, 08:36 AM
I'm quite relieved that it's an event that I don't mind missing. I have done one trade, and I'll keep collecting here and there and might get a few more done, but I'm focusing on the main story for now.

lydiahin
01-22-18, 09:27 AM
I agree with you, this event is confusing with all the side goals plus chopping a er trees and receiving only 2 berries per tree is just rediculous. It’s all about spending your money which I am not willing to do!

judafarm
01-22-18, 10:20 AM
Since this event started I did received 1 purple grape..
THIS EVENT IS NOT TP PLAY!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

BiteMe111
01-22-18, 11:52 AM
At this point, the event might as well be renamed "Waiting for Purple Grapes". I keep making base ciders, pear ciders and fruit baskets, hoping that suddenly the purple grapes will start dropping again, but the goal is becoming more and more distant...

CharmOfLea
01-22-18, 12:06 PM
Please increase the purple grapes and monster drop rate. I’m getting nowhere.

EsmeW2
01-22-18, 01:31 PM
I've grown and chopped over 80 Acer trees and completed 3 Gift baskets so far... so I'm guessing I need another about 180 trees?

The good news is I've broken my record for 9 full trees chopped and no mob spawned!

I just can't get into a rhythm with this event... so many mini-timed steps, even having a full day of Sunday I just couldn't keep a beat.

I seem to be in a similar place to you. I just can't get into the rhythm of the event either. To begin with we seemed to have a massive number of goals and side goals, now there's just the boring tree chopping, monster slaying and collecting pears and grapes then creating some stuff as a base for something else - with just one goal doing the same stuff for more than a week and poor drops rates for the energy use and not much back from the trades. Maybe the horse and cart will be worth having, but memories of Ivy's carriage and the tartan pony and their lacklustre drops at the end are not inspiring me.

If it was part of the main story I'd stick with it, but I'm really struggling to see the point. It reminds me of playing Restaurant story with all of the food preparation, and also reminds me why I stopped playing that!

vickibabes
01-22-18, 01:45 PM
Well i have made 3 of the gift basket trades and NONE of them have counted towards the last goal. This is ridiculous! I wont get anywhere at this rate :(

MoonVillage3
01-22-18, 02:01 PM
Well i have made 3 of the gift basket trades and NONE of them have counted towards the last goal. This is ridiculous! I wont get anywhere at this rate :(

The Gift Basket Trades should register without problems but if you're playing on two devices with different CS upgrades this can happen. If not it would be best to contact support.
Read also post #301 where our mod SW answered another player with the same problem.

butterfly_25
01-22-18, 02:57 PM
Just doing what I can but its moving slow, while I wait and wait for purple grapes..

So I finally got a couple today, only for the game to reset just now immediately after obtaining one and taking it back. Truly lovely!

AnnirasSweets
01-22-18, 02:59 PM
I've made a list of all the items I received from my Gift Basket Trades so far.

Gift Basket Trade: Coins (100-5000+), 1 Fish, 2 Bacon, 1 Roast Chicken, 3 Wool, 4 Coal, 1 Silver, 1 Jewel, 1 Glimmerdust, 1 Glimmer Fragment, 1 Stone, 1 Living Wood, 1 Sap, 4 Water, 1 Wood, 1 Stone Block, 1 Green Grapes, 2 Golden Grapes, 1 Grape Masher, 3 Vineyard Walls, 2 Vineyard Arches, 2 Grape Lattices, 1 Gem.

I'm nearly finished with the last goal, but it's pretty slow going over in my realm due to the lack of Green Grapes dropping.

CharmOfLea
01-22-18, 04:11 PM
Just spent 120 energy on trees, cows, pigs and ponds. Not a single beast. Not sure if this is possible without gems.

beefus
01-22-18, 04:12 PM
If I can get 2 more pergola collections before I go to bed, I will have completed a 24 collection period with NO PURPLE GRAPES COLLECTED!!

FUn!
MOo

jen7779
01-22-18, 05:13 PM
I am not getting enough Fangbeasts, Dire Boars or Skunkupine to get the yeast to make the cider. I've tried everything to get them and they are not appearing frequently enough. If I even get three, it's amazing! Fix this PLEASE!!!! Or this goal can not be completed! Thank you!

babysx1
01-22-18, 05:36 PM
15 more purple grapes required, at only 1 or less per day S8 needs to check their math s****s an advise how this is possible

beefus
01-22-18, 06:18 PM
If I can get 2 more pergola collections before I go to bed, I will have completed a 24 collection period with NO PURPLE GRAPES COLLECTED!!

FUn!
MOo

Ahhh, the curse of the post... Purple Grapes in the last pull

Well played S8... well played.

olcastle
01-22-18, 08:02 PM
Apparently the trades stay after the event is over.

Will they really stay as permanent game additions or like Ivy's Cauldron trades are staying and will be usable only for those who have the Vineyard Tree and buying Acer Berries and Cider Spices with gems? Could you please let us know, S8!

perry5
01-22-18, 08:05 PM
These purple grape drops are truly ridiculous. I have collected from my pergola 8 times today...every 2 hours on the dot...1 purple grape at 6:30...another at 10:30 that was immediately taken back by the S8 reset gods, then nothing the rest of the day! I‘m about ready to give up on this one...just not my definition of fun or entertaining!

janddolphins
01-22-18, 08:21 PM
So my thoughts so far:

I love the buildings. It will go great with my Vinyard section already with deco set up (I?m a player who appreciates making my place look real and not throwing 20 of the same buildings up.) so I?m creating a little area where you can go to the Vinyyard, there is wine to taste, a little table, a picnic basic, and I hope through collections enough lattices to put up on both sides (so for me that?s the ?big? prize lol)

What I don?t like is how many steps, forget taps that don?t count, but steps for tap that count that it takes to make one basket, and in return the reward is truly pathetic. Just as my toadstools and previous, it will end up sitting and what is not needed going into storage to make room.

It was actually funny because until this thread I forgot all about the snowy exchange and I have a whole ice castle section. So pulled it out to build up my walls before the building goes away.

I?ll get the horse because I enjoy having a variety, but to me it?s really deco. The only one I ever continued with was the lucky trade as it had regular good drops usually 10K coins, 5 energy, or 30 energy being the top 3.

With this event and so many steps that are on a short timer it feels like you have to babysit the game. If the drops were better I think all of us would be a lot happier and not even mind the time as much. Just my two cents.

But in the end I am happy to see S8 venturing into different style events versus the cookie cutter :)

*oh and I too have had that amazingly drastic drop in monsters. One every two or three trees. I collect a couple other places they are known and I think I’ve gotten one non tree monster. Needing 90, this is going to make the event very hard. Yes it takes a lot of energy, but I am thankful to get about 250 every morning from ali’s And then the schools during the day. I am also lucky enough to check in every morning and night and depending on health 2-5 times during the day, so usually energy is not my issue.

I did not see this, only totals, so sorry if it’s a repeat, but thought it would be useful for those who want the math in terms of how many times you need to collect on average each day rather than totals:

Daily Collections Needed on Average to Complete Event (based on 14 days)

*when I State just over it means it’s a fraction between that number and the next so there is flexibility some days not to reach it

5 collections of the green grape
Just over 2 collections of the purple grape
Just over 7 collections on the pear tree
Just over 2 collections of the grape cider
Just over 6 collections of the base cider
Just over 38 collections of acer berries
Just over 6 collections of cider spices (our beasties!)
Just over 53 collections of water (I try to collect each time I log in. Easy but energy guzzler)
Just over 2 (almost 3 really) collections of fruit baskets
And finally just over 2 collections of grape cider!

Hope this helps players who would like to break it down by the day to know if they are on track!

ladlasse
01-22-18, 08:38 PM
At this point, the event might as well be renamed "Waiting for Purple Grapes". I keep making base ciders, pear ciders and fruit baskets, hoping that suddenly the purple grapes will start dropping again, but the goal is becoming more and more distant...

This is exactly my situation. I finally received a total of 5 red grapes, so I was able to complete one fruit basket trade. No trades either today or yesterday. Waiting for another red grape bunch so I can finally do a second trade. If the red grapes don't start dropping soon, then I will just have a large supply of cider, but I don't even drink.

bakerygame99
01-23-18, 03:06 AM
Waited from morning to evening for the purple grapes to drop...........and only drop one purple grape

MoonVillage3
01-23-18, 10:18 AM
I find the greatest difficulty in this event is it needs to be checked every 15 minutes.
With continuous 15 minutes checks.. materials do drop even if counted and crafts move ahead. With hourly checks.. they lag behind.
It's an easy event.. but time-wise it's extremely demanding.

A solution I came up with this morning was moving the game on the iphone instead of the comfortable device.. this way having it in my pocket I was able to collect many more times from the resources and do some of the basic crafting.
It's constant work to be able to craft just 1 Trade Basket per day, without use of gems. More, if you gem here and there.

brigadoon365
01-23-18, 10:51 AM
Nine total ciders for each trade, so nine base ciders which need six acer berries each. You need ten trades. So, we are talking about 540 acer berries?? Am I screwing up my math drastically somewhere. That's 180 trees for my average drop rate. That can't be right. My brain hurts now.

beefus
01-23-18, 11:02 AM
Nine total ciders for each trade, so nine base ciders which need six acer berries each. You need ten trades. So, we are talking about 540 acer berries?? Am I screwing up my math drastically somewhere. That's 180 trees for my average drop rate. That can't be right. My brain hurts now.

Nope, yer correct.... and prolly under in your guesstimate too.

FUn! FUn! FUn!
MOo
Beefus

tempestb
01-23-18, 11:22 AM
Maybe I've missed it, but does anyone have any reports on what the horse drops? Is it just golden grapes/pears for the Golden trade? Or will it drop other golden things?

(Yes, dropping golden pears/grapes in THEORY allows for more Golden Fruit Basket trades which have a CHANCE to drop the other Golden items ... but that's a lot of "randoms" in one process ... )

(This is presuming that Pergola & the Pear tree continue to offer "random" drops of golden grapes/pears)

jaymieb2
01-23-18, 12:31 PM
I just collected from the Golden Fruit trade. Received one stone block, one water, and 10,000 coins.

It did not count as one of the ten required gift basket trades.

olcastle
01-23-18, 12:49 PM
(This is presuming that Pergola & the Pear tree continue to offer "random" drops of golden grapes/pears)

I don't understand why is everyone presuming it? Only Vineyard Tree had a note about permanent drops. Did I miss something?

tempestb
01-23-18, 01:03 PM
I don't understand why is everyone presuming it? Only Vineyard Tree had a note about permanent drops. Did I miss something?

I thought that I had read somewhere that the gift basket exchanges & grapes/pear drops were permanent, which would IMPLY (but not PROMISE) that the "chance for golden "x" was also permanent.

This is definitely NOT a guarantee ... & DO make a difference on how badly one may or may not want the horse. : )

olcastle
01-23-18, 01:39 PM
I thought that I had read somewhere that the gift basket exchanges & grapes/pear drops were permanent, which would IMPLY (but not PROMISE) that the "chance for golden "x" was also permanent.

This is definitely NOT a guarantee ... & DO make a difference on how badly one may or may not want the horse. : )

Sorry I meant presuming that Pergola and Pear Tree will drop anything at all after event. I know, I had read that everywhere too but no official information. The gift exchanges will be permanent, it was announced. Ivy's Cauldron still has all crafts available since Halloween 2016 but useless without gems.

ladyperidot
01-23-18, 03:24 PM
I just collected from the Golden Fruit trade. Received one stone block, one water, and 10,000 coins.

It did not count as one of the ten required gift basket trades.

I got 1 fish and 3000 coins. The golden basket trades do not count towards the 10 needed. What a waste!

Has anybody done all 10 and gotten the horse? If so, does it drop,anything??

tempestb
01-23-18, 03:47 PM
Sorry I meant presuming that Pergola and Pear Tree will drop anything at all after event. I know, I had read that everywhere too but no official information. The gift exchanges will be permanent, it was announced. Ivy's Cauldron still has all crafts available since Halloween 2016 but useless without gems.

Valid question! I'm not sure where I got the presumption that the drops from the Pergola & the Pear Tree were permanent! : ) Would be nice to know the answers to all those questions! lol (If the Pergola/Pear Tree continue to drop at all/drop goldens AND what the horse drops)

brigadoon365
01-23-18, 04:44 PM
Nope, yer correct.... and prolly under in your guesstimate too.

FUn! FUn! FUn!
MOo
Beefus
Well good grief.

PikaSquirrel
01-23-18, 04:51 PM
Acer Berries, Cider Spices and the fruits associated with this event will remain post event as long as you have participated in the event.

chewingthecud
01-23-18, 05:47 PM
So frustrating- monsters have left my realm meaning I am stuck with this quest. I have plenty of grapes etc as I bought the tree but am now at a stalemate due to no monster spawns.

beefus
01-23-18, 07:30 PM
One trade:
54 Acer Berries (3per tree, approx 180 turns)
9 Cider Spices (9 mobs, 0 turns, thanks to 18 trees)
75 Water (ermmm 3 per pond/well, 25 turns)
7 Green Grapes (7 turns)
3 Purple Grapes (0 turns, when I get a purp, it always comes with the green)
20 Pears (10 turns)

Totals to approx 222 Turns

Oh, what did I get when I completed the Basket?

105 Coins
1 Glimmer Shard

olcastle
01-23-18, 07:51 PM
Acer Berries, Cider Spices and the fruits associated with this event will remain post event as long as you have participated in the event.

Great! Thank you!

riverly
01-23-18, 08:22 PM
So 4 more trades need 216 acer berries? Is that right? I was really hoping I was finished growing the trees. But evidently I'm not. So far I have managed 1 trade a day. I guess I was ready for a challenge to make this less boring. I see a pretty- but neglected- area in my kingdom in the future.
Last trade was 1030 coins and 1 glimmerdust. The irony is 1 tap on my glimmerdust trove will get me 2 or 3. What the hee haw?

Does anyone know approximately how many more trees it will take to get 216 berries?

Never mind. I see a rough estimate in earlier post.

janddolphins
01-23-18, 08:52 PM
The only positive I’m seeing out of this is the nice artwork and being able to create a vineyard in my place that will look nice. I will also get another decorative horse (no plans on really continuing trades later but I love having different horses)

This is not an event for items, rather deco. Not feeling well so not ****ing myself over it, I already made my area, the horse will be a bonus. We can’t like them all I suppose. A little bit up I did the math of what is needed every day to complete the event. It’s an intense event for so little. But I don’t mind creating a new section, as long as I can keep making room as this is basically my last free space. One day at a time I guess. One of my New Years resolutions was not to let myself get frustrated by Games. I download them to have fun. If they are constantly annoying me, then I’m not having fun and should not be playing. Giving critiques is different. But otherwise cash or not I will enjoy the good parts of the game and move past the rest. Happy Playing!

jesslau9
01-23-18, 08:55 PM
These purple grape drops are truly ridiculous. I have collected from my pergola 8 times today...every 2 hours on the dot...1 purple grape at 6:30...another at 10:30 that was immediately taken back by the S8 reset gods, then nothing the rest of the day! I?m about ready to give up on this one...just not my definition of fun or entertaining!

same, I get 1-2 purple grapes a day. they made it quite obvious that we need to buy the gem vineyard tree to finish

AnnirasSweets
01-23-18, 11:29 PM
Ugh, finally finished the last goal. While this event did use up all my considerable energy stores, free time and sanity; I was able to do it without gems (other than my accidental purchase of the Vineyard Tree) so that's something, I guess.

jesslc41 here is the final Congrats screen as requested:

For those wondering, the Vineyard Horse has a 4 hr collection time (16 gems to speed up) and has a 2x1 footprint.
Collection 1: black flag for Carrots.
Collection 2: black flag for Horse Hair, 2 Golden Pears, 2 Fertilizer.
Collection 3: black flag for Sugar, 2 Golden Pears.
Collection 4: black flag for Horse Hair, 2 Golden Pears.

MoonVillage3
01-23-18, 11:52 PM
thanks AnnirasSweets and Congrats!
now we know the Horse Cart will drop permenant supplies for the Golden Trade, which hopefully, will drop useful items in our future play. having an extra supply of Golden Pears and Grapes, it will be easier doing the golden trade compared to the other basket trades we have to do now, that take forever.

I assume in the after-event stage, if I'm not wrong as I'm just guessing, berries, spices we get from chopping trees and defeating monsters will no longer be needed, and that part will disappear.. leaving Pear Tree, Gem Tree, Horse Cart and Pergola drops only for the Golden Trade crafting.. as the others won't be necessary.

Are all other Trades still present in the Fruit Stand and Vinyard? I'm just curious.
thanks again for sharing!

RevdKathy
01-24-18, 12:13 AM
My fourth ordinary basket trade just dropped a gem! Nowhere does it say it might do that. I wonder if s8 have heard the murmurings about low value rewards, or whether the surprise was intended.

I'm not sure I can complete - seven two-hourly collections per day isn't possible unless I can log in from work. But I feel a little less disengaged after getting a gem.

jesslau9
01-24-18, 12:55 AM
Ugh, finally finished the last goal. While this event did use up all my considerable energy stores, free time and sanity; I was able to do it without gems (other than my accidental purchase of the Vineyard Tree) so that's something, I guess.

which is exactly why I think is needed to buy the gem tree , 200+gems to finish
congrats on finishing

AnnirasSweets
01-24-18, 01:44 AM
Are all other Trades still present in the Fruit Stand and Vinyard? I'm just curious.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed in game since I've completed the last goal. I'm pretty sure everything is permanent and nothing will change. The only thing on the 14 day timer is the Vineyard Horse reward.

At least that's how I'm interpreting this post:

After everything I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about the event as a whole. I'm currently making all my Golden Fruit Trades and compiling a list of items received to get a better picture as to the overall long-term worth of the trade. For me, space is so limited and there are just so many events items and animals that I can't afford to leave out items and use energy on things that don't clearly and consistently profit my realm.

Other than the decos, every trade so far has give items that I get easily and frequently from other sources in one simple collection. It's a shame too since I really love the look of all the Vineyard items.

Schneeeee
01-24-18, 04:27 AM
how is everyone struggling to get grapes?
Did some calcs and its INSANE how much water has to be gathered. 800 for 10 trades.. how is that doable in 10 days?

rainee620e
01-24-18, 04:38 AM
Animals spawning probability have to increase to complete this quest. Argh can't even go anywhere without cider spice!

jesslc41
01-24-18, 05:39 AM
Thanks AnnirasSweets!

lintupien
01-24-18, 06:07 AM
Animals spawning probability have to increase to complete this quest. Argh can't even go anywhere without cider spice!

Same problem here, all my beasts have vanished and I'm starting to believe they're extinct. The last fangbeast I found was buried under my carrots yesterday...

PrincessCupOButter
01-24-18, 06:49 AM
What is eating the Baron’s grapes?

Aquanthers. Aquanthers are eating the Baron’s grapes. They have to be, because they are the only beasts that actually spawn. Unfortunately, they do not drop cider spices. But then again, if they did drop spices, they would stop spawning too.

There is no way that it is mere coincidence that the spawn rate odds change every time we actually need beasts to spawn. It never takes 60-80 energy to spawn a beast unless there is a goal requiring one. :mad:

atiragram
01-24-18, 07:03 AM
how is everyone struggling to get grapes?
Did some calcs and its INSANE how much water has to be gathered. 800 for 10 trades.. how is that doable in 10 days?
Just placing enough ponds? Yes I don?t have spare water anymore either, but it?s only a matter of energy and placing ponds. If the purple grapes don?t drop, they don?t drop and nothing can be done about it other than spending gems. That annoys me more than gathering water all the time.

beefus
01-24-18, 07:19 AM
One trade:
7 Green Grapes (7 turns)
20 Pears (10 turns)

105 Coins
1 Glimmer Shard

... sorry, I was tired last night...

Additionally, there are 5 turns per tree to grow it (18 trees) = 90 turns
and the ****ing of the 9 mobs (I'm going to say they were all FangBeasts and I ****ed them all in 3 hits(27) and then the 18 to collect the individual Ciders and 7 to collect the Fruit Baskets and 3 Cider Baskets, and 1 to actually collect the Gift Basket Trade.

Giving me an additional 146 Turns counted

For a GRAND Total of approx 368 Turns to complete One Gift Basket Trade.

Math FTW!
FUn!
MOo!
Beefus

jkc619
01-24-18, 11:55 AM
I don't see how anyone with a "normal" amount of energy could possibly finish this task. I have only completed 5 regular baskets and 2 gold baskets and I have a lot of ali's to help with energy. I am just doing this because I do have the energy but I feel bad for those who have smaller farms and will not be able to finish this event. Not only does this event take up a lot of energy but also a lot of time. You have to be willing to sign in every half hour or so to be able to craft what you need for the trade baskets. I am just "shaking my head"

Amarice
01-24-18, 12:36 PM
I never got anything but gold from the normal basket trades and always around 1k. Not even any components or anything. Just a couple of plain gold. Super disappointed. :(

lintupien
01-24-18, 12:40 PM
I don't see how anyone with a "normal" amount of energy could possibly finish this task. I have only completed 5 regular baskets and 2 gold baskets and I have a lot of ali's to help with energy. I am just doing this because I do have the energy but I feel bad for those who have smaller farms and will not be able to finish this event. Not only does this event take up a lot of energy but also a lot of time. You have to be willing to sign in every half hour or so to be able to craft what you need for the trade baskets. I am just "shaking my head"

I don't have a single extra energy source (no wizard school, alis etc) but I still have managed to make the same amount of trades and I'm 2 cider spices away from my 6th gift trade. I usually check the game 6-8 times a day and spend 30 energy points for this event and the remaining 10 for keeping my other crafts buildings busy, collecting from farms etc. The hardest part is getting enough acer trees to chop but I've managed to open 3 new land spaces and find some acer trees there. I seem to get most of my beasts from crops and pigs, I wish trees would spawn them more. At least the acer berry drops have been better for a while and I have managed to get up to six berries per tree.

So to me this seems a doable event even for lower level players, assuming they get enough of those dreaded purple grapes. Today was a lucky day and I got 3 in a row, enough to keep me going until tomorrow.

EsmeW2
01-24-18, 12:51 PM
OK just sent a gift basket trade and got 130 coins and a stone block in return!

And after using 100 energy - mainly on tree chopping - I generated only 3 monsters - would have only been 2 if I hadn't used the Lair of Beasts. Monsters have gone back on holiday again I think.

With a bunch of alis and 2 wizard schools I've only managed 4 of the 10 baskets so far and although I've got most of the other resources for the next basket I still need another 3 monsters. And as I won't be able to log on much over the weekend it's looking like a bit of a struggle. For those of us who can't or don't want to play all day and night it's all too much.

No gold baskets yet either.

jbfps116
01-24-18, 01:08 PM
as I focus mostly on chopping acers [I seem to get plenty of fruit from the pear, gem tree and pergola] i'm surprised I might actually make it. only 4 more trades to go and 8 days! only gems spent were 1 gem to speed up crafting. that would have slowed me down as I don't have time to check the game every 15 minutes. that being said do I think the effort equals the prize? not at all.

atiragram
01-24-18, 01:33 PM
With a bunch of alis and 2 wizard schools I've only managed 4 of the 10 baskets so far and although I've got most of the other resources for the next basket I still need another 3 monsters. And as I won't be able to log on much over the weekend it's looking like a bit of a struggle. For those of us who can't or don't want to play all day and night it's all too much.

Don?t worry, with four trades you are still quite in time, don?t forget that the first half day or more is used to kind of setting everything up. So you used like 5 days for 4 trades and still have 8 days for the other 6. That?s fine.

For me it?s more tricky, I lost my purple grapes yet again, for the THIRD time, due to a game reset. And I went to the social menu beforehand, tapped some other buildings before the grape pergola and so on, to make sure the drop will be stable, all in vain. I admit that I have a perfectly normal beast spawn rate and I?m totally fine with anything else, but it all doesn?t help if I?m just not getting those purple grapes.

I find that frustrating.

PrincessCupOButter
01-24-18, 02:13 PM
OK just sent a gift basket trade and got 130 coins and a stone block in return!

And after using 100 energy - mainly on tree chopping - I generated only 3 monsters - would have only been 2 if I hadn't used the Lair of Beasts. Monsters have gone back on holiday again I think.

I got 130 coins, 1 water, and a banner saying I could not hold any more living wood. (Why on earth would anyone need any wood products after chopping hundreds of trees to send the trades!?!)

That was my 6th trade and I have not received anything of value from any of them. Not even any of the grape deco.

I have 2 wizard schools and a good size herd of daily Alis, plus 4 unicorns and my armored dire boar dropped 40 energy this morning. Well over 200 energy and I managed to spawn 4 beasts. One was a useless pink skunk (no cider and no love shack), one was a useless aquanther (gotta put the mermaids on hold to conserve energy) and one was from the Lair of Beasts. That means only one beast that counted spawned naturally from over 200 energy. That NEVER happens. And I just know when this event ends, we will not be able to collect anything at all without spawning something every other tap. Unless the next quest requires monsters, that is. If it does, I am certain they will remain on the endangered list.

I just dug through 300 pages of inventory to find traps (from adventures), and I will use those if necessary. It still won’t be enough, but I refuse to purchase any.

** I collected from mines, and multiple times from ponds and wells which normally spawn direboars like crazy. From stables and hatcheries, which normally spawn fangbeasts. Chopped countless trees, that’s where the one skunkupine came from. The wedding Ali spawned the pink skunk. I did not harvest crops today, but they do not seem to be working either based on previous days experience.

riverly
01-24-18, 03:02 PM
I was just taking a look at my spice situation. I'll need 25 more spices in the next 3 days. My goal of doing a trade a day may be sabotaged by lack of beasts spawn. We'll see how it all pans out. That's about 8 monsters a day. I need about 50 more trees to chop, so I'll get some there -
Maybe.
I just got fangbeast from collecting from stables.

atiragram
01-24-18, 06:34 PM
Strange, I spawn a beast like every second tree and also harvesting crops (not much of any other thing because I?m not using much energy on other things right now). Seems like my spawn rate is normal, I might be the only one (or maybe no one with a normal rate posts here). But then, I also don?t NEED so many spices because I can?t craft any ciders anyway. I also don?t understand how some people feel the need to log in every 15 minutes. Due to lack of grapes, if I logged in more than hourly, it would only be to produce a stock of pear ciders to sit on it. But even only logging in every two hours plus and occasionally more when it suits me, I AM already sitting on pear ciders that can?t be put into use.
I got ONE purple grapes today. And I have the awkward feeling that using gems to speed up the pergola won?t get me anywhere, the only thing that might help would be this fruit tree for gems and I don?t really think I want to spend so many gems for that horse. Pity, though.

coolssp
01-24-18, 06:37 PM
Didn't get a single purple grape in exact 24 hours :( No way I'm spending 25 gems to buy one

podunkiana
01-24-18, 07:17 PM
Please do something about server resets. Also I am getting robo popups about Fantasy Story. Constant. Used to be only one when first logging on. Now its like Spam

hotpinkprinzess
01-24-18, 07:47 PM
What's up with the spices? I can't progress if no animals spawn? Is there something that has a better chance of spawning the required animals? I can't spend gems on traps I don't have enough.

Jennerwein1
01-24-18, 07:54 PM
Please do something about server resets. Also I am getting robo popups about Fantasy Story. Constant. Used to be only one when first logging on. Now its like Spam
Same here. And the resets are very frequent and annoying. Especially when you loose items that have spawned. :(

VersaceMorrow
01-24-18, 07:54 PM
I don't know if I have the interest to finish this..... maybe I am just busier with other things to do this week but I don't even feel like checking in at all during the day, except in the morning for the 22-hour items. I am sure I would have enough energy if I worked at it, but it's kind of boring making so many of the same things over and over, after only being able to make one bottle at a time. Reminds me of that book... I'm just not that into you, vineyard, especially since it isn't even wine lol

mom0628
01-24-18, 08:07 PM
Red trees drop more

gilachaya
01-24-18, 11:43 PM
Congratulations AnnirasSweets!

For my first drop of the Vineyard Pony I received 2 golden grapes and 1 horse hair

For those wondering, the Vineyard Horse has a 4 hr collection time (16 gems to speed up) and has a 2x1 footprint.

janddolphins
01-25-18, 01:26 AM
Not sure if this is happening to others but I think the brewery is stealing/not counting some drinks I make. Before bed I knew I needed one more pear cider to make the cider box. I collected and something came out but I could not read it (I put a pear cider before bed though I’m sure) checked my inventory and whatever did come out did not count towards anything as it’s not there. So once again I’m going through the steps of. Pear Cider. This is the third time if’s happened to me with different parts and has set me back in the game.

AnnirasSweets
01-25-18, 02:29 AM
Spent the day using up all the golden fruits I'd gathered and thought I'd list the drops I received from the trades. Looking over all the drops, I'm just going to pack it all up. I don't see any real benefit in using my energy to create future trades. I'll leave the Vineyard Horse and the two trees out since I have a spot for them but they'll be placed purely for aesthetics.

Golden Fruit Trade: Coins (100-10,000+), 1 Stone, 1 Iron Ore, 1 Coal, 1 Silver, 1 Jewels, 1 Glimmer Fragment, 1 Glimmer Shard, 1 Glimmerdust, 1 Gold Nugget, 1 Gold Egg, 1 Wood, 1 Sap, 1 Living Wood, 1 Water, 1 Wooden Beam, 1 Fancy Beam, 1 Stone Block, 1 Fancy Block, 1 Enchanter's Essence, 1 Bacon, 1 Roast Chicken, 1 Fish, 1 Grape Press, 1 Stack of Wine Barrels, 1 Tasting Barrel, 1 Grape Masher, 2 Grape Vine Fences, 2 Vineyard Gates, 3 Vineyard Walls, 3 Energy.

Also had a few leftovers for the Basket Trade so I used them and got a new drop .... 1 Base Cider, which would've been sorta useful in finishing the last goal.

VersaceMorrow
01-25-18, 03:46 AM
Spent the day using up all the golden fruits I'd gathered and thought I'd list the drops I received from the trades. Looking over all the drops, I'm just going to pack it all up. I don't see any real benefit in using my energy to create future trades. I'll leave the Vineyard Horse and the two trees out since I have a spot for them but they'll be placed purely for aesthetics.

Golden Fruit Trade: Coins (100-10,000+), 1 Stone, 1 Iron Ore, 1 Coal, 1 Silver, 1 Jewels, 1 Glimmer Fragment, 1 Glimmer Shard, 1 Glimmerdust, 1 Gold Nugget, 1 Gold Egg, 1 Wood, 1 Sap, 1 Living Wood, 1 Water, 1 Wooden Beam, 1 Fancy Beam, 1 Stone Block, 1 Fancy Block, 1 Enchanter's Essence, 1 Bacon, 1 Roast Chicken, 1 Fish, 1 Grape Press, 1 Stack of Wine Barrels, 1 Tasting Barrel, 1 Grape Masher, 2 Grape Vine Fences, 2 Vineyard Gates, 3 Vineyard Walls, 3 Energy.

Also had a few leftovers for the Basket Trade so I used them and got a new drop .... 1 Base Cider, which would've been sorta useful in finishing the last goal.

Seems like the same variety as Sir Pigglesworth, which can be almost anything.

jbfps116
01-25-18, 05:07 AM
raise your hand if you're gonna keep making the fruit basket trade post event!!!! LOL

basically they figure that with normal collections and beast spawns you'll occasionally get a TINY benefit from the trade. not worth focusing on

CharmOfLea
01-25-18, 06:55 AM
Just spent 150 energy chopping a yellow forest. Every tree triggered a beast. The animals are back, I guess?

riverly
01-25-18, 07:33 AM
I'll continue on but with less enthusiasm. This reminds of the daily trades that show up in the goal book where you trade all this stuff for a piece of coal or wheat. I don't do those, but at least you see what you're getting.
I won't be doing the trades after the event.

hagypagy
01-25-18, 07:41 AM

Why are there any valueless prizes in there to begin with?!?
Why would I trade my golden fruits for a 100coins or a lump of coal?!?

!! Storm8 please revise the trade exchange list!!

A better list would be:
10,000coins , 40 energy , 5gems , gold nugget , gold egg , gold apple , 5 enchanters essence , 5 lumin essence , 20 jewels , 20 silver , 20 glimmerdusts , 20 living wood , 20 bacon , 20 fish , 40 milk & 25 eggs , 50 water , all the Vineyard Estate and Brewery deco , golden deco (like the golden chalice , golden throne etc)

LadyRissaRenae
01-25-18, 08:05 AM
I've sat this event out because the rewards are not worth the energy consumption. And I'm quite tired of endlessly chopping trees or rocks to get an event-only item. That said, the beasts have INFESTED my kingdom. in 40 energy, I got 1 dire bore, 2 fangbeasts, and 3 skunks. After the 3rd skunk spawned, I left it parked as this was getting frustrating.

Instead of S8 trying to pump out a recycled event every 7 or 14 days, I'd like to see them fix issues in the game. Namely the constant 'Loading' issue and the game reset problems.

lilymonster4
01-25-18, 08:07 AM
The basket trades are sooooo disappointing 😔 someone tell me if it?s worth to do ten for the horse. What does the horse drop??

HuckleTown
01-25-18, 08:53 AM
I'd just like to know why every time I select "craft this event item" I'm told it will consume resources, "do you want to proceed"

BUT APPARENTLY

S8 DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONFIRM GEM PURCHASES!!!!!!

PrincessCupOButter
01-25-18, 09:40 AM
Just spent 150 energy chopping a yellow forest. Every tree triggered a beast. The animals are back, I guess?

I don’t have the rate you have, but at least there are some monsters spawning today. I am kinda scared I will jinx it by posting this. Lol

I've sat this event out because the rewards are not worth the energy consumption. And I'm quite tired of endlessly chopping trees or rocks to get an event-only item. That said, the beasts have INFESTED my kingdom. in 40 energy, I got 1 dire bore, 2 fangbeasts, and 3 skunks. After the 3rd skunk spawned, I left it parked as this was getting frustrating.

Instead of S8 trying to pump out a recycled event every 7 or 14 days, I'd like to see them fix issues in the game. Namely the constant 'Loading' issue and the game reset problems.

You have the opposite problem of what I need right now. I cannot wait to finish this one so I can park a beast. (gone too far to quit now. :( ) Because I know, I too, will be infested with them as soon as I send that last trade out.

I (and a lot of other players) have an unused corner of the kingdom set up with no necessary items nearby, where we can spawn a beast and leave it parked while we go about normal business. (the beast lair or troll sparring pit, or a trap, few chickens, etc, is useful for this) I keep one parked at all times unless I have a quest requiring them. It’s a real energy saver, and lowers the frustration level a little bit. ;)

I'd just like to know why every time I select "craft this event item" I'm told it will consume resources, "do you want to proceed"

BUT APPARENTLY

Agreed!! I find it annoying and insulting every time I have to click that “proceed” button. :mad:

PrincessCupOButter
01-25-18, 09:56 AM
The basket trades are sooooo disappointing  someone tell me if it?s worth to do ten for the horse. What does the horse drop??

According to page one, (the photo of the horse) it drops gold grapes and pears. As to whether it’s worth it or not, that is a personal choice for each player. For me personally, it is not worth it, because I will not be doing these trades after the event ends. Unless the prizes improve, which is doubtful. However, I am doing it anyway, because I had already gotten too far in the quest before I realized it wouln’t be worth it, so I might as well finish.

Lower level players might appreciate the prizes more. And since they are likely to still be expanding and working main story line, they will probably need to chop trees and fight beasts anyway, so collecting materials won?t be an extra energy drain.

Ps. For S8: is there any possible way to correct the auto punctuation issue here in the forums? I really do not want to have to turn off that feature on my device just to avoid seeing a ? where an ‘ should be here in this forum.

29vanilla
01-25-18, 10:19 AM

BUT APPARENTLY

Totally agree! I?ve commented on this in another event. They clearly have the ability to give us a gem confirmation; they just DON?T WANT TO! So disappointing!

bumbleebeeville
01-25-18, 10:26 AM
So true!!!!

beefus
01-25-18, 10:35 AM
Green Grapes Cider Spices Acer Berries Purple Grapes Pears Base Cider Pear Cider Grape Cider Fruit Basket Cider Basket Gift Basket Trade Energy
Vineyard Horse 70 90 540 30 200 90 60 30 40 30 10 3,420

Assumptions:
Green Grapes: 0 (Drops each time from the Pergola, comes for free when seeking purple grapes)
Cider Spices: 3 (3 Defeating a Skunkupine or Fangbeast, spawn comes for free by regular play and chopping trees)
Acer Berries: 5 (Every 5 to grow a tree, 3 drops per tree)
Purple Grapes: 3 (Collecting pergola)
Pears: 0.5 (Drops 2 each harvest)
Energy per Day: 260 (Fully used for the event)

For a GRAND Total of approx 368 Turns to complete One Gift Basket Trade.

Math FTW!
FUn!
MOo!
Beefus

NICE work ShibuyaCloth. When I compare your Day 1 math with what I came up with tired and groggy several days later, we were only 1 Turn difference. (You have to add 25 turns to Shib's for the water collections to be counted.)

Didn't need anything here, just a smile and a nod to the Gods of Math

FUn!
MOo,
Beefus

ShibuyaCloth
01-25-18, 11:44 AM
NICE work ShibuyaCloth. When I compare your Day 1 math with what I came up with tired and groggy several days later, we were only 1 Turn difference. (You have to add 25 turns to Shib's for the water collections to be counted.)

Didn't need anything here, just a smile and a nod to the Gods of Math

FUn!
MOo,
Beefus

Look to the foot notes, there is a comment referring to water.

Notes:

If you invest 260 energy a day in average, you will get the horse at the last minute!
You need to harvest the pear tree 100x, that means 8x a day to make it
You will need 750 Water to make all the cider, not included in the calculation.

beefus
01-25-18, 12:22 PM
Look to the foot notes, there is a comment referring to water.

Notes:

You need to harvest the pear tree 100x, that means 8x a day to make it
You will need 750 Water to make all the cider, not included in the calculation.

Totally... that's why I was saying had to add that in, else someone would come along and be all...

Nuh-UHhhhh 10% of 3,420 is only 342, yer wrong, yer dumb, you can't DO math. That's a difference of MORE than 1...

Tryin to nip that in the bud

MOo!
Beefus

LadyRissaRenae
01-25-18, 12:42 PM
i'd just like to know why every time i select "craft this event item" i'm told it will consume resources, "do you want to proceed"

but apparently

s8 does not have the ability to confirm gem purchases!!!!!!

yes! This!

farmdrone
01-25-18, 01:06 PM
This event is mega disappointing . IMAO the “gifts” are worthless and the amount of time and energy needed is ridiculous .im playing this game for light entertainment not to become a slave . Stopping the madness now

ShibuyaCloth
01-25-18, 02:14 PM
Totally... that's why I was saying had to add that in, else someone would come along and be all...

Nuh-UHhhhh 10% of 3,420 is only 342, yer wrong, yer dumb, you can't DO math. That's a difference of MORE than 1...

Tryin to nip that in the bud

MOo!
Beefus

With the shard you get 3 water per energy, thus 250 energy for water extra. For each gift 342+25=367, which is indeed 1 less then your calculation. The delta can come from the assumptions you are taking. Nevertheless, the making of 1 gift is pretty expensive. The return on investment is not really interesting. However, the grand prize can be interesting if you want to make an occasional golden trade.

This event is optional and just unlocks some other possibilities to spend your energy.

PikaSquirrel
01-25-18, 02:41 PM

Does it happen when you're fighting monsters?

PrincessCelestian
01-25-18, 07:06 PM
I don?t understand why we don?t have the ability to buy more vineyard deco. It can?t be that hard to put those items in the marketplace. I am working on building a vineyard area and it?s very difficult with only a few walls and one gate.

Jennerwein1
01-25-18, 07:18 PM
Does it happen when you're fighting monsters?

Happens when harvesting from vineyard items (!), growing trees. Aggravating. So are the constant pop ups. Please fix it.
Edit: btw, Restaurant Story 2 resets also.

ratdogs4
01-25-18, 07:19 PM

Oh, no!!!! All this energy being used for these drops? What a disappointment!

ladlasse
01-25-18, 07:48 PM
I have only managed to collect 9 purple grapes, so 3 fruit basket trades. With less than 6 days left, I won't finish if the purple grapes don't start dropping more frequently. I keep crafting the other items needed in the hopes that the purple grapes will start appearing. I even did 1 gold trade. Wish that would have counted. Hope the luck of the post will help me, but it hasn't yet.

histoplasmosis
01-25-18, 07:53 PM
Totally agree! I?ve commented on this in another event. They clearly have the ability to give us a gem confirmation; they just DON?T WANT TO! So disappointing!

Good point so there could be a gem confirmation. I lost 40 gems on this event by accident but that silly do you want to proceed button makes it sting even worse

histoplasmosis
01-25-18, 07:57 PM
I agree thought I was crazy so I'm glad to read your post,,,several of my base and pear ciders just disappeared

jesslau9
01-25-18, 08:07 PM
** I collected from mines, and multiple times from ponds and wells which normally spawn direboars like crazy. From stables and hatcheries, which normally spawn fangbeasts. Chopped countless trees, that?s where the one skunkupine came from. The wedding Ali spawned the pink skunk. I did not harvest crops today, but they do not seem to be working either based on previous days experience.

yup,my hatchries used to spawn beast but has since disappeared. since we need so many water, I've collected many times from well and pond and not once did I spawned a beast

AnnirasSweets
01-25-18, 08:34 PM
I don?t understand why we don?t have the ability to buy more vineyard deco. It can?t be that hard to put those items in the marketplace. I am working on building a vineyard area and it?s very difficult with only a few walls and one gate.

I had the same thought at the beginning. After completing all 10 Gift Basket Trades for the goal and a few Golden Trades to empty my inventory I ended up with 20 Vineyard Walls, 8 Vineyard Gates, 6 Grape Lattices and a few Grape Vine Fences (unsure how many I had from the original event to begin with).

Personally I would've preferred paying the gems straight up to purchase the items rather than have to go through all this for random deco in drops of 2 and 3 at a time. I would also think that S8 would make more money with them in the market but maybe they think we'll use gems to speed things up to finish the trades?

I dunno, I try to stay away from figuring out their thought process as I'm always wildly off the mark and left more confused than before, lol. I'll cross my fingers for you in the hopes that you get some cute deco drops in your trades.

PrincessCupOButter
01-25-18, 08:44 PM
I had the same thought at the beginning. After completing all 10 Gift Basket Trades for the goal and a few Golden Trades to empty my inventory I ended up with 20 Vineyard Walls, 8 Vineyard Gates, 6 Grape Lattices and a few Grape Vine Fences (unsure how many I had from the original event to begin with).

Personally I would've preferred paying the gems straight up to purchase the items rather than have to go through all this for random deco in drops of 2 and 3 at a time. I would also think that S8 would make more money with them in the market but maybe they think we'll use gems to speed things up to finish the trades?

I dunno, I try to stay away from figuring out their thought process as I'm always wildly off the mark and left more confused than before, lol. I'll cross my fingers for you in the hopes that you get some cute deco drops in your trades.

I have done 7 gift basket trades and 1 gold trade and have received exactly zero drops of any of the deco. :rolleyes:
I keep hoping for something other than a few coins and 1 water or 1 living wood. But so far no luck. Sigh.
I do have some barrels, grape smashers, and a tasting table from the vineyard event a while back. There are also some grapevine “walls” from that event. (Technically they are not considered walls, but I forget what they are called.)

I am very surprised that S8 passed up the opportunity to sell the deco for gems. Their thought process eludes me too. Lol It seems like they would have jumped at the chance for the extra income.

PrincessCelestian
01-25-18, 09:03 PM
I have done 7 gift basket trades and 1 gold trade and have received exactly zero drops of any of the deco. :rolleyes:
I keep hoping for something other than a few coins and 1 water or 1 living wood. But so far no luck. Sigh.
I do have some barrels, grape smashers, and a tasting table from the vineyard event a while back. There are also some grapevine ?walls? from that event. (Technically they are not considered walls, but I forget what they are called.)

I am very surprised that S8 passed up the opportunity to sell the deco for gems. Their thought process eludes me too. Lol It seems like they would have jumped at the chance for the extra income.

In the deco arena I have managed to get a whopping three extra walls. And that?s only one trade away from 10 with 4 or 5 golden trades. Seems like s8 has had a lot of missed deco opportunities lately. We used to always have deco in the market to accompany events. Makes no sense to me.

Flowersandgems
01-26-18, 12:29 AM
Apparently the trades stay after the event is over. After the event I will only do the gold trades however when I happen to have the ingredients to do them. The gift basket trade is waaaasay to louch effort for the reward. I can get 5000 coins and a bacon with six energy. And that?s a good trade. I too am bored with this event. Very very bored. It?s like busy work that never ends. But I am plugging away as fast as I can so that I can go back to other things and not have to worry about this event anymore. Working on trade number 6 now. The cider baskets are extremely tedious. They are my least favorite part without a doubt

One trade:
7 Green Grapes (7 turns)
20 Pears (10 turns)

105 Coins
1 Glimmer Shard

Wait it takes 5 waters per tree as well, so add another 90 taps.

Sorry, just saw you figured it out.

And I am no longer getting 3 water from ponds. Down to 2 now.

ladyperidot
01-26-18, 05:09 AM
In the deco arena I have managed to get a whopping three extra walls. And that?s only one trade away from 10 with 4 or 5 golden trades. Seems like s8 has had a lot of missed deco opportunities lately. We used to always have deco in the market to accompany events. Makes no sense to me.

I've only managed to do 4 gift basket trades. #4 gave me 2 bacon and 115 coins. I definitely will NOT be spending any gems to finish this event nor will I use them to get the grape tree!
Oh, and the one gold gift trade I did netted less coin than one of the gift basket trades.

atiragram
01-26-18, 05:45 AM
I have only managed to collect 9 purple grapes, so 3 fruit basket trades. With less than 6 days left, I won't finish if the purple grapes don't start dropping more frequently. I keep crafting the other items needed in the hopes that the purple grapes will start appearing. I even did 1 gold trade. Wish that would have counted. Hope the luck of the post will help me, but it hasn't yet.
At least I am not the only one who cannot do it due to lack of purple grapes. We?re in the same boat I suppose.

@Pika: Server resets here too. Usually after collecting from pergola. Happened three times now after collecting purple grapes and never when I had only a green one. I guess it is coincidence, but a very frustrating coincidence nevertheless. Getting server resets at some other occasions too, but I didn?t have any in connection with monster fighting. It usually happens some time after logging in, like after a minute or two maybe. I think it happened more frequently when something was marked as new in my storybook. Which wasn?t always actually new, but the game seemed to think it was (storybook started blinking ?new?).

LuluBellax
01-26-18, 06:30 AM
Am I the only one happy with the drops from pony? I like sir Pigglesworth and it looks like the pony has similar drops plus you can craft gold trades and have a chance at deco which I think is very cute. The event was easy and a nice change from upgrading buildings. There's literally nothing I can complain about. Great event overall and can't wait to see what's coming next. Anyone with me on this?

neska04
01-26-18, 07:00 AM
Nah, I’m with you. I like the deco, and to have an ongoing trade building is neat. I haven’t finished yet, but am steadily chipping away.

jkc619
01-26-18, 09:53 AM
Yesterday I got 2 grapevine gates from one of my trades and I thought "great! we might start getting some decent prizes for all this work" Then the "loading' knight rode across my screen and they were gone!. Such a disappointment!

PrincessCupOButter
01-26-18, 10:25 AM
Yesterday I got 2 grapevine gates from one of my trades and I thought "great! we might start getting some decent prizes for all this work" Then the "loading' knight rode across my screen and they were gone!. Such a disappointment!

S8 should let us craft a bandit knight that drops all of the materials lost due to syncing issues. ;)

Sorry to hear that you lost your trade rewards. The deco is very pretty this time. Hopefully they will drop again for you. I’m still waiting for something (anything!) to drop. This morning I got a few coins and 1 silver ore. :(

stanis87
01-26-18, 10:31 AM
I am level 50 and in the current goal purple grapes fall very rarely from Vineyard Pergola and in the last 24 hours purple grapes does not fall at all .. I would like to "know"why it is so or this game already wants Gems for every goal if it is already so I will stop playing this game forever ...

ULBRETSIM
01-26-18, 11:53 AM
I read that some people are getting a good drop rate for berries and spices from acer trees. Lucky them! All through this event so far the drop rate for berries from my trees has been 2 and very occasionally 3 per tree and the drop rate for beasts has been ridiculous. I don't think I've had more than 5 beasts in 2 days and no, there has not been one lurking in the bushes.
Why is the drop rate apparently not the same for everyone? It seems very unfair to me. I would be very interested to know how it can vary so much for different individuals.

lintupien
01-26-18, 12:24 PM
I read that some people are getting a good drop rate for berries and spices from acer trees. Lucky them! All through this event so far the drop rate for berries from my trees has been 2 and very occasionally 3 per tree and the drop rate for beasts has been ridiculous. I don't think I've had more than 5 beasts in 2 days and no, there has not been one lurking in the bushes.
Why is the drop rate apparently not the same for everyone? It seems very unfair to me. I would be very interested to know how it can vary so much for different individuals.

Have you tried to spawn beasts from things other than wood/ponds etc. Carrots and spicy peppers have given me an army of fangbeasts and I regularly get them from pigs too. Nothing else seems to work, none around cows, chickens or farmhouses. Skunks are nonexistant in my kingdom :) smash some rocks, check your flowers, find where they're hiding. I hope you get a beast invasion after you encounter the next one so you can finish your base cider crafts!

HuckleTown
01-26-18, 01:21 PM

Can't we banish that darn knight?!!

When I open my game I always wait at least a minute before collecting anything, but 6 Times out of 10 that Knight appears about a minute later.

Annoying.

maiden85
01-26-18, 01:44 PM
I was on track to do about one trade a day and finish, however monsters have stopped appearing. Trees, ponds, wheat, tomatoes, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens....nothing. If this were a regular period of time, they’d have spawned everywhere which is why until recently I kept a monster parked. I need about 9 monsters a day to make the cider basket in order to do the trade. No monsters equals no spices equals no cider to trade. I will keep at it, but loosing interest very fast.

jbfps116
01-26-18, 02:57 PM
I was on track to do about one trade a day and finish, however monsters have stopped appearing. Trees, ponds, wheat, tomatoes, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens....nothing. If this were a regular period of time, they’d have spawned everywhere which is why until recently I kept a monster parked. I need about 9 monsters a day to make the cider basket in order to do the trade. No monsters equals no spices equals no cider to trade. I will keep at it, but loosing interest very fast.

funny because I suddenly also have a dearth of beasts for my last 2 trades!

jkc619
01-26-18, 04:00 PM
Can't we banish that darn knight?!!

When I open my game I always wait at least a minute before collecting anything, but 6 Times out of 10 that Knight appears about a minute later.

Annoying.

I have now decided to hard close my game each time before I open it. That seems to be the only way to keep that darn knight from doing his dastardly ride

Destiel0918
01-26-18, 04:49 PM
Got the horse! Timer was 4 hours.

PrincessCelestian
01-26-18, 06:35 PM
Phew. Glad that is over! What a bipolar event! First there was a flurry of activity. So much so that I couldn?t keep up or really even manage to figure out what was going on and then days and days of endless chopping that was mind numbing!!! Maybe if the trades had been good, I would have been okay with it. But the trades were just not up to standard. I am glad to have some time now to laze about in my queendom, replenish, and work on the last few mermaid goals.

Destiel0918
01-26-18, 06:55 PM
Phew. Glad that is over! What a bipolar event! First there was a flurry of activity. So much so that I couldn?t keep up or really even manage to figure out what was going on and then days and days of endless chopping that was mind numbing!!! Maybe if the trades had been good, I would have been okay with it. But the trades were just not up to standard. I am glad to have some time now to laze about in my queendom, replenish, and work on the last few mermaid goals.

I agree - trades were beyond disapointing - like 4 water? and 100 coins? WOW!

Flowersandgems
01-26-18, 06:56 PM
Clearly the trades are the baron’s doing, and we aren’t throwing enough rotten cabbages!

HuckleTown
01-26-18, 07:21 PM
Someone posted that ponds give 3 waters (with the shard). Then I remember another person commenting the ponds are now giving 2.

I've never really paid attention, but my ponds are definitely only giving 2 waters today. Is this a change in drops or is it random (because I did notice 3 waters at least once a couple of days ago).

Flowersandgems
01-26-18, 08:06 PM
Someone posted that ponds give 3 waters (with the shard). Then I remember another person commenting the ponds are now giving 2.

I've never really paid attention, but my ponds are definitely only giving 2 waters today. Is this a change in drops or is it random (because I did notice 3 waters at least once a couple of days ago).

Only the Mermaid ponds give me 3 water now.

Sorry, what is the shard?

DeeDeeBird70
01-26-18, 09:09 PM

It's random. I just collected from my eight ponds: 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2. Two wells: 3, 2.
The shard is a drop from the Tabernum (dark pillar). There are four shards total. It's been so long I've forgotten but one of them caused energy to drop while harvesting. And I think the last allowed for transmuting items in the forge i.e. 10 iron to 1 silver. I'm sure it's all listed in the Hub.

EsmeW2
01-27-18, 04:10 AM
I was on track to do about one trade a day and finish, however monsters have stopped appearing. Trees, ponds, wheat, tomatoes, sheep, pigs, cows, chickens....nothing. If this were a regular period of time, they?d have spawned everywhere which is why until recently I kept a monster parked. I need about 9 monsters a day to make the cider basket in order to do the trade. No monsters equals no spices equals no cider to trade. I will keep at it, but loosing interest very fast.

I'm also going through another monster shortage. I need 25 more to finish, a couple of days ago they started appearing regularly from animal collections, mines almost anywhere - but now they've disappeared again. This is all beyond annoying! Got through around 120 energy so far today and the only one I've seen was a troll from the Lair of Beasts - and that doesn't give the spices.

VersaceMorrow
01-27-18, 05:04 AM
Ok I think I have earned the title of lowest drop possible for the fruit basket trade......drumroll......175 coins! And... nothing else! Just the coins. Not encouraging me to finish the rest of the trades.

AinoDK
01-27-18, 05:17 AM
Except 6 green grapes I now have all the basic items. And since they are a guaranteed drop I know I can complete soon. With a decent herd of alis I haven"t had major issues collecting, and I've even managed to work on the mermaid quest. I've been lucky with purple grapes. Yes beast spawning has definitely decreased (except aquanthers!), but the lair helped and I kept chopping trees even after having completed berries.

I love we don't have to level up a building with the same items, but it still ended up with having to do the same thing again and again. S8 why don't you look back at the pirate quest? That was really fun and with so much variety. The side quest should also have been spread out, or even better with an ability to start them manually. Including "plant and grow trees" could ensure people couldn't just line up stuff before starting them.

I normally don't buy gem items to help with goals, but had decided to buy the gem tree as I have gems saved up, it is pretty and the crafts stayed. Who wouldn't have liked to be able to continue getting baron birthday items? Glad I waited to buy, as with the abysmal drops I now have no interest so gems saved!

CharmOfLea
01-27-18, 06:23 AM
Thank you S8, for returning the beasts. It will be still tight for me, since my luck with blue grapes isn?t good, but at least I have a chance now. I don?t mind buying some fruit in this case either.

I would have bought the gem tree as well, if the return on the golden trades were slightly better. I?m still doing the lucky trades even during events. I like the chance of being nicely surprised. That reminds me, please exchange the offers in the baron?s tent, it?s been extremely boring for the past 2 months. Cheers.

rembetiko
01-27-18, 06:31 AM
Ok I think I have earned the title of lowest drop possible for the fruit basket trade......drumroll......175 coins! And... nothing else! Just the coins. Not encouraging me to finish the rest of the trades.
Yes, the crafting is boring and the items that drop from the basket trades are not worthwhile doing all the crafting. I can?t figure out what the greater goal is. The only interesting items for me would be: lots of energy (not just the one piece we get for watching videos), gems and alicorns (which drop energy). And buildings/trees/whatever that drop all of these even when this event is over.

ShibuyaCloth
01-27-18, 10:12 AM
Trade results:

2 Vineyard Gate, 5000 Coins, 1 Sap
2 Living Wood, 100 Coins, 1 Glimmerdust
4 Water, 5000 Coins, 1 Iron Ore
4 Coal, 5000 Coins, 1 Jewels
4 Coal, 115 Coins
2 Living Wood, 5000 Coins, 1 Silver Ore
1 Base Cider, 100 Coins, 1 Coal
3 Wool, 5000 Coins, 1 Glimmer Fragments
1 Base Cider, 100 Coins, 1 Glimmerdust

Funny is that I have only done 9 trades and got the horse. So I am left with 1 more trade bonus material. As all is perm I have now started the hoarding.

With 50% of the time 5000 coins, the average drop for this trade is 2500 coins. The price drop ratio is not very good, so I will not pro actively seek this trade.

ShibuyaCloth
01-27-18, 10:16 AM
Other nice odd behavior:

riverly
01-27-18, 11:17 AM
Looks like your building crafts are out of whack. Lol.
Shouldn't that be a trade? Or a basket?

riverly
01-27-18, 11:23 AM
Last cider basket crafting right now for the last trade. I'll be finis.
And one last tap on the prison and I'll be done there too.
Now hammer time?

MoonVillage3
01-27-18, 11:29 AM
Other nice odd behavior:

certainly not any type of the ciders.. lol!
the game itself is so bored in crafting the same items over and over again.. it has decided to add alittle 'spice' to the crafts.. (0-0) creepy! :eek:

ladyperidot
01-27-18, 11:30 AM
Well, I'm not going to finish this one ( I don't have time during the week to check every 15-20 minutes, a little something called a job). And, based on what I got in the trades I did do and seeing what others got I really don't care if I finish. I too thought about the grape tree as I do like how it looks. But the drops are difinitely not worth the gem cost.

Oh well, between the event and the unchanging prizes in the barons tent I'm losing interest

riverly
01-27-18, 11:47 AM
Other nice odd behavior:
41754Your last trade probably came from the brewery. Lol.

riverly
01-27-18, 12:01 PM
Well, I'm not going to finish this one ( I don't have time during the week to check every 15-20 minutes, a little something called a job). And, based on what I got in the trades I did do and seeing what others got I really don't care if I finish. I too thought about the grape tree as I do like how it looks. But the drops are difinitely not worth the gem cost.

Oh well, between the event and the unchanging prizes in the barons tent I'm losing interesti did wonder how someone with job and kids could do this. I guess just pick your battles and don't stress over a game.
There has been a strong push for new items in the tent. So I'm kinda hoping to see some new stuff.
My last trade was 130 coins and 1 water. That may be in the running for worst trade.

ShibuyaCloth
01-27-18, 12:42 PM

Nope, I started a base cider in the brewery, but it showed in the stand. So I started a second base cider in the brewery. Have not been able to duplicate this // crafting.

PrincessCupOButter
01-27-18, 02:29 PM
Trade results:

2 Vineyard Gate, 5000 Coins, 1 Sap
2 Living Wood, 100 Coins, 1 Glimmerdust
4 Water, 5000 Coins, 1 Iron Ore
4 Coal, 5000 Coins, 1 Jewels
4 Coal, 115 Coins
2 Living Wood, 5000 Coins, 1 Silver Ore
1 Base Cider, 100 Coins, 1 Coal
3 Wool, 5000 Coins, 1 Glimmer Fragments
1 Base Cider, 100 Coins, 1 Glimmerdust

Funny is that I have only done 9 trades and got the horse. So I am left with 1 more trade bonus material. As all is perm I have now started the hoarding.

With 50% of the time 5000 coins, the average drop for this trade is 2500 coins. The price drop ratio is not very good, so I will not pro actively seek this trade.

I wish my trades had ended at nine! Lol I am stuck waiting for the last two green grapes for the last two fruit baskets, so I can send trade #10.

Most of my trades netted about 130 coins and a piece of living wood or a bucket of water. I got 2 gold grapes once, and 5080 coins once, but no deco at all.

I will be glad to see the end of this one.

awesome6204
01-27-18, 04:08 PM
I'm also going through another monster shortage. I need 25 more to finish, a couple of days ago they started appearing regularly from animal collections, mines almost anywhere - but now they've disappeared again. This is all beyond annoying! Got through around 120 energy so far today and the only one I've seen was a troll from the Lair of Beasts - and that doesn't give the spices.

I'm going through a monster drought as well! lucky to spawn 3-4 per day! Where I normally see them constantly. Why have they cut our monster rate when we need them so badly?

ShibuyaCloth
01-27-18, 05:00 PM
I'm going through a monster drought as well! lucky to spawn 3-4 per day! Where I normally see them constantly. Why have they cut our monster rate when we need them so badly?

Got most of my spices supply from chopping trees. A few from regular play.

fish63
01-27-18, 05:20 PM
Prizes after all that work are pitiful! Really! Water and coins. You will lose your long time players if we don’t have a prize that is worthwhile. Please listen and offer something fun!

Flowersandgems
01-27-18, 06:25 PM
That is just a bit weird!

comeseecomesah
01-27-18, 07:42 PM
Prizes after all that work are pitiful! Really! Water and coins. You will lose your long time players if we don?t have a prize that is worthwhile. Please listen and offer something fun!

I too am disappointed! For the time and hard work we put into these events we should get good prizes that award us and not tick us off leaving us on a downer wondering why we bothered with it.
Also if we buy an item for gems the drops should far outweigh drops from items bought for coins.

judafarm
01-28-18, 04:22 AM
For 2 days I did not get purple grapes :(
Still have to make 3 gift baskets... How?? If I not get purple grapes anymore????

hagypagy
01-28-18, 06:05 AM
I've really lost momentum on this one.
Super bored.
Can't wait to finish.
3 baskets to go

storiadelcastello
01-28-18, 09:29 AM

It?s random mostly 2 drops in my kingdom but still quite a few 3s

storiadelcastello
01-28-18, 09:33 AM
Prizes after all that work are pitiful! Really! Water and coins. You will lose your long time players if we don?t have a prize that is worthwhile. Please listen and offer something fun!

I feel really let down, such a lot of effort for nothing, I even bought the gem tree, stupid me! On the upside the horse is very cute although he will probably go in the field with the rest of the herd. Really really want the main story line to continue. Wish S8 would spend the energy they put into these tired old repeat side games into the actual story. When I say main story I mean about Our fearless leader not side goals of mermaids etc.

msmorg
01-28-18, 11:10 AM
I've really lost momentum on this one.
Super bored.
Can't wait to finish.
3 baskets to go

Agreed, too many ingredients to make one gift basket, no chance of getting 10 and the horse and cart was the only reason I participated to begin with. Drops for gift basket coins and after not worth the effort or energy.

HuckleTown
01-28-18, 11:23 AM
I'm slogging along as well. 2 baskets left. It's just a monster and Acer tree wait now. I just figured out I don't need to collect from the pear tree and pergola anymore. But I have 0 berries...with only 2 baskets left, I should make it except the weekend is almost over so I need to chop trees like crazy today busy like a beaver ;)

coleoptera42
01-28-18, 12:29 PM
I am so disappointed in this event. I have only managed to make three baskets so far, and gotten only coins and wood. I am not going to manage to get the horse, and frankly, it doesn't seem worth it. Why didn't they just put the walls, gate and trellises in the market? Or made those automatically drop from the trades? This is exhausting. Why bother when each trade takes so much in game energy and rewards you with nothing?

PrincessCupOButter
01-28-18, 12:30 PM
Woohoo! I finished last night. I managed to do 10 basket trades and 2 golden trades without getting anything of value. Never saw anywhere near 10,000 coins. No deco drops either.

I think my final trade, which was a golden trade, should win a prize for worst prize ever. I didn’t even see a black “you can’t hold anymore” banner. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D :D

Scratte717
01-28-18, 02:03 PM
Yesterday I completed event. The horse looks cute and all the artwork is great, however - after 2 golden trades ... it is in my inventory now ;) You never know, might be of some use in future... or not :) Lately I learned that you never know what resource may become very important for some future quest.

And - the 40minute unlimited energy purchase helped a lot to progress on Mermaid Quest.

meme1098
01-28-18, 02:39 PM
Woohoo! I finished last night. I managed to do 10 basket trades and 2 golden trades without getting anything of value. Never saw anywhere near 10,000 coins. No deco drops either.

I think my final trade, which was a golden trade, should win a prize for worst prize ever. I didn?t even see a black ?you can?t hold anymore? banner. :rolleyes:

Wow...that's really awful. I don't understand S8's reasoning behind this one. 🙄 Totally useless update. I'm kinda glad RL kept me too busy to bother with it. 🤣

EsmeW2
01-28-18, 04:18 PM
I think my final trade, which was a golden trade, should win a prize for worst prize ever. I didn?t even see a black ?you can?t hold anymore? banner. :rolleyes:

Snap, exactly the same just happened to me. Golden fruit trade got me 130 coins and nothing else! Ludicrous!!!

DeeDeeBird70
01-28-18, 04:49 PM
Whew, finally finished! Last trade brought, drumroll please, 105 coins and an iron ore. I did get 3 grape lattices from an early trade and 3 vineyard walls from #9. Nothing else was of much value. I don't plan to make any more of the gift basket trades but I might do a golden trade or two, emphasis on might. I do like the horse and cart and he's parked in front of a little tasting area with Aetas as hostess. The purple in her dress fits nicely with the grapes.

Way too much chopping of Acers for the berries dropped, the uneven drops were frustrating. Too often only 2 or 3. Unlike others, I had a sufficient number of monsters, mostly from the acers but skunkupines from sugarcanes as I was restocking sugar. In fact I parked a troll the last day and a half. No problem with the purple grapes either, I ended up up with 5 extra. We needed only 3 for each trade instead of the 7 green ones. If the final prize had been something other than the horse and cart, I probably would have passed. The artwork is beautiful, too bad the drops were so lousy.

cavegirl1
01-28-18, 05:23 PM
Looks like I finished around the same time as a few of you. I didn't seem to have any problems with spawn rates or drops, though I did purchase the gem tree as I can't resist a cute tree :) ( and there's nothing else to spend gems on for me ...)

Searched my inventory and have 6 lattice, 1 gate and 5 walls quite a way back so don't know when I got them and if that is good/bad ...

I wasn't really keeping track - but I think I might have had enough to do 3 gold trades. But don't remember what I got.

Guess that says something about my interest level. But it made a change from chopping anemones!

SpiritWind00
01-28-18, 05:59 PM
Hi all, please note that I have completed all of the inventory information and have transferred it into the Building and Inventory Guides. If there are any changes, please post in the Hub feedback thread as normal. Cheers! :)

CharmOfLea
01-28-18, 07:05 PM
I think this might have been an event for bored level 50++ with herds of alis. They?ve got nothing to lose and deco to gain.

If so, I?m still bored. The chance for something exciting from the gold trade is there, but it seems too low.

jesslau9
01-29-18, 02:33 AM
woohoo i just hit 6 monsters in a row,within 40 energy!

#1 was mushroom, then 5 from trees

never before!

now I need me a few more purple grapes

atiragram
01-29-18, 03:09 AM
Seems like finishing by now without the gem tree is still an exception, according to what was reported so far.
I might still make it though, since I was finally a bit more lucky with purple grapes yesterday. I have enough of them for trade no. 8. If I manage to get 6 more today and tomorrow, it would be doable at least theoretically.
So I just continue, hoping it might be achievable. Would be really nice to have the horse since I like the way it looks and I would collect the drops just to see if golden trades give me one or the other additional deco item. I don?t think it?s worth many gems though. I prefer saving those up for another wizard school or a beastbane display. So if the grapes don?t drop in the end, I guess I just won?t finish (ok I might spend 25 if I?m just short one in the end).
At least I can?t complain about this not being exciting until the end (exciting in terms of ?Oh, will I be able to make it or not??).

HuckleTown
01-29-18, 05:18 AM
It's sad that S8 still hasn't fixed the random drop issue. I happen to be on the luckier side this time (enough purple grapes and hopefully enough monsters) but that doesn't make me enjoy the event more. I've been on the bad luck side and it is frustrating to put all that time in and not finish because your game didn't drop the needed resources.

Good luck to those looking for grapes and monsters.

judafarm
01-29-18, 05:33 AM
I need purple grapes....
This is day 3 that I not get purple grapes :( :( :(

myhsplace
01-29-18, 10:27 AM
making 5 gift baskets now, that is all i have been able to make since event started! pathetic purple grape drops, this event was clearly design with gem tree drops needed in my game which i suprisingly didn't break down and buy, partially because purple grapes were not a guaranteed drop with tree either...besides we shouldn't have to buy gem items to be able to complete events anyways!! guess it is now time to accept defeat and quit bothering with rest of this event..grrr.

lintupien
01-29-18, 02:14 PM
Yay, I finished the event and got the pony! :) No gems used. It was fun even though the trade rewards kinda suck and I didn't get any deco, just water, coins and all other lame stuff I can get easier from other sources. I may do some more trades later when I get more berries and spices and hopefully get a few walls.

Good luck to those still working on it!

chewingthecud
01-29-18, 03:21 PM
I finished this event quite a while ago as I bought the Vinyard tree. I am now doing golden basket trades. The returns have pretty well only been coins. This is really not what I expected. I would have thought given the “golden” status needing rarer ingredients the payoffs should be more. Given this is an ongoing trade, please review the drops for the future. Thank you.

jesslau9
01-29-18, 06:32 PM
making 5 gift baskets now, that is all i have been able to make since event started! pathetic purple grape drops, this event was clearly design with gem tree drops needed in my game which i suprisingly didn't break down and buy, partially because purple grapes were not a guaranteed drop with tree either...besides we shouldn't have to buy gem items to be able to complete events anyways!! guess it is now time to accept defeat and quit bothering with rest of this event..grrr.

the rewards for completing the trades were not worth the gem tree either... haha i received 115 coins yesterday!!

HuckleTown
01-29-18, 07:23 PM
I need 3 monsters that count (just got a troll from the lair :( ) and 5 more berries...

I have not used gems and spent the first week not spending all 40 energy on the event. The second week has been trees and ponds only.

I'm wondering why the gift basket awards are logs and sap. The last thing I need this week is more sap!!! Lol

PrincessCelestian
01-29-18, 08:38 PM
Yesterday I completed event. The horse looks cute and all the artwork is great, however - after 2 golden trades ... it is in my inventory now ;) You never know, might be of some use in future... or not :) Lately I learned that you never know what resource may become very important for some future quest.

And - the 40minute unlimited energy purchase helped a lot to progress on Mermaid Quest.

I would love to have a 40 minutes unlimited energy bundle during a monster hunt but I have zero purpose for it now :-(

gorrith
01-29-18, 09:49 PM
This event wins the award for the most un-exciting event ever. I’ve hardly played during this event. The trades are even worse than the clover trades. I am very glad I didn’t spend $15 on the tree.

Babs526
01-29-18, 10:18 PM
I have to agree. This event was absolutely the most redundant ever and the rewards were so disappointing. The monster trade rewards are amazing and for the quantity of ingredients it took to do a trade here I would have expected similar rewards. This will all be going into storage. If I never see an average tree again it will be too soon.

littelprince0313
01-29-18, 11:38 PM
This event wins the award for the most un-exciting event ever. I’ve hardly played during this event. The trades are even worse than the clover trades. I am very glad I didn’t spend $15 on the tree.

Totally agree! I stopped playing this event after 3 days... would have liked some more days for the monster hunt

Flowersandgems
01-29-18, 11:51 PM
I can’t believe it either.

For my last trade, I received

A Base Cider, 5000 coins and a bucket of water.

What is the use of a base cider now, wouldn’t that have been lovely earlier.
I didn’t get anything remotely useful for the other nine trades, but there you go, I have finished.

Afterthought:

I didn’t buy the gem tree, and after finishing the ten trades, I still don’t have enough gold pears to make my first gold trade. (Not that, it seems, I am missing much there).

Still the little horse is gorgeous and I am glad I participated.

Much later: First drop from my vineyard horse - 2 gold pears. Very surprised.

kasumi2012
01-30-18, 03:11 AM

When you buy 40 min unlimited energy, are they activated immediately or we can activate it each 1 minute like chopping an energy crate?

atiragram
01-30-18, 06:27 AM
Three purple grapes to go. I guess I might do it in the end. If I get one more, I might be prepared to buy the other two with gems, just to not let the whole effort go to waste.
I don?t think it was so much fun, but that?s probably because I was quite convinced that I will not make it for most of the time, that?s bothering somehow. If purple grapes had been a guaranteed drop, I think I would have liked it much better.
In principle I don?t mind focusing on one thing and letting the rest of the kingdom drag along for a while, if the reward sounds promising. Working towards a unicorn in monster hunts, for example, is more fun somehow. But in the present case, with those particularly petty trade rewards (even feeding the baron or the daily trades seem to have a better relationship between the effort and the prize), it is hard to keep motivation.

So, if anybody listens, I second the proposal to improve the rewards. One guaranteed item among a list of interesting stuff like gems, energy, spellbound dew, ready potions or crafts, or golden items for any golden trade would be a start. That would still appear rather petty for the effort, but at least it would be better than the coins, petals or water or similar, that are in for us at the moment.

@kasumi: I think that I read in another thread that you can activate each minute separately whenever you wish to. So you should have everything ready for cellection or chopping and then tap everything as quickly as you can.

I might invest in such a bundle once but for the reward that?s in at the moment, I don?t think 10 ? is worth it. Maybe if they offer it at another monster hunt together with tokens or so.

tonyjosiah
01-30-18, 07:33 AM
Finished this event about 12 hours ago. It was difficult and took a lot of patience not to use any gems. Especially since it was so tempting with each potion being 1 gem to speed up for for the most part. But I’m glad I trudged through it. And I’m glad I bought the gem tree since I don?t have a whole lot of time to dedicate to playing for the next month or so, although the trades are very lackluster. With so little space to add additional things i definitely don’t have room for more decorations. Kind of disappointed with the design of the horse though since it?s reused graphics. But at least it?s only a 2X1 (which further proves Storm8 can change the Shadow Lynx footprint with no problem by the way). Have a great day everyone! And bring on the expansions Storm8 pretty please!

LadyRissaRenae
01-30-18, 08:07 AM
When you buy 40 min unlimited energy, are they activated immediately or we can activate it each 1 minute like chopping an energy crate?

The last time I bought one, they all activated at once... but that was 15 x 1 Minute of free energy (so 15 minutes of free energy). I would imagine the 40 min unlimited would do the same.

DeeDeeBird70
01-30-18, 09:27 AM
For what it's worth, I did go ahead and do a golden trade and got a gold apple.

EsmeW2
01-30-18, 10:00 AM
Three purple grapes to go. I guess I might do it in the end. If I get one more, I might be prepared to buy the other two with gems, just to not let the whole effort go to waste.

I've got just one more collection of purple grapes to get, so I'm also thinking that I can't let all of the effort go to waste. I know some players have had continuing problems getting hold of the purple grapes but I'd been OK for them for most of the event and had a struggle to get monsters. But purple grapes have vanished in the last day or so. They are the last things I need to get for the last basket. If none drop today I might speed up the vineyard a few times tomorrow - have to get lucky sometime.

I haven't seen any of the golden fruit drop for about a week and I only got deco items right at the beginning of the event - the deco is pretty and I'm going to keep it out for the Royal points it gives for a while. And if I get the horse I'll see how it goes.

ladyperidot
01-30-18, 10:36 AM
Totally agree! I stopped playing this event after 3 days... would have liked some more days for the monster hunt

I am with. I stopped participating in this one and all the items will most likely end up in storage

HuckleTown
01-30-18, 11:56 AM
I haven't seen any of the golden fruit drop for about a week and I only got deco items right at the beginning of the event - the deco is pretty and I'm going to keep it out for the Royal points it gives for a while. And if I get the horse I'll see how it goes.

I also haven't seen a gold fruit in about a week.

I finished, no gems used. For me, the event was ok but I haven't done an event since December so it has been awhile since I ignored my kingdom.

Good luck to those hoping for purple grapes.

jaymieb2
01-30-18, 01:29 PM
Uggh! I am swimming in purple grapes (27) , but I desperately need green grapes (5)! Yup... I need to make 2 1/3 more gift baskets, and am running short of green grapes. Can we trade? ;-)

awesome6204
01-30-18, 04:36 PM
I am still in a monster drought, need three more trades so that means 27 to go. In 12 hours today I finally got my first fangbeast! This is ridiculous, what are you doing, shutting us down after weeks of constant playing so we cannot complete the end of the task? I am getting so frustrated with this game not being able to complete any event lately.

jesslau9
01-30-18, 05:56 PM
I am still in a monster drought, need three more trades so that means 27 to go. In 12 hours today I finally got my first fangbeast! This is ridiculous, what are you doing, shutting us down after weeks of constant playing so we cannot complete the end of the task? I am getting so frustrated with this game not being able to complete any event lately.
Hope you get a army of monsters soon. I got 7 Monsters that day straight, which was such a relief .

LadyFencer
01-30-18, 07:18 PM
I have been in a monster drought with one more gift basket trade to complete. I got home tonight and got THREE monsters in a matter of minutes. Then, the game hiccuped--not reset, just a hiccup--and I had only ONE of the bags. ONE. And all the stuff I went through to get those three are still "used." Thanks a LOT S8. I'm going to be truly angry, not annoyed, but angry if I cannot complete this after all the time I have spent babysitting my phone for this game.

awesome6204
01-30-18, 07:27 PM
Hope you get a army of monsters soon. I got 7 Monsters that day straight, which was such a relief .

unfortunately I don't see much improvement. Got that one monster after using 120 energy in a matter of less than five minutes!

ladlasse
01-30-18, 09:28 PM
Finally it seemed like the purple grapes might start dropping a little more frequently on Sunday morning, but then our internet was down most of the day (a rare occurrence). I worked almost 16 hours on Monday and couldn't check every 2 hours. With under 23 hours left, I have two more gift basket trades. So 6 more purple grapes. Not sure if the pergola will be generous or not. Hope I can do it since I've come this far.

jaymieb2
01-30-18, 09:45 PM
I have 1 2/3 more gift baskets to make. Have already made all of my fruit baskets - just have to make 10 pear and 5 purple grape cider, and then turn them into cider baskets and then gift baskets.

Chop, chop, chop! Grow new trees!

Limiting factors - energy and time. Lol!

*update - 1 1/3 gift baskets to go... I have enough grapes, pears, and purple grapes to complete the quest, but I desperately need Acer Berries. I need 57 more berries, but I have less than 15 hours left, and I need to sleep, too. If I make it, this is going to be SO close! :-(

*update - still need 40 Acer Berries with less than 12hours left. Now, back to sleep!

nuttyangel_69
01-30-18, 11:53 PM
Still got 2 more gift trades to make. Done the fruit baskets just crafting the cider ones but with the lack of monsters to make base cider I don't think I'll make it and I'm be so disappointed (and angry!) if I get down to the last basket and the quest ends ☹️☹️

SpiritWind00
01-31-18, 01:31 AM
Poll added. If on a mobile device, login then select Full Site to see the poll.

I finished this event, however I didn't get any special drops, just a few coin and bits and pieces. I really wanted a couple of extra walls and lattice as they are really nice. I did get 1 deco called Stack Of Wine Barrels which was previously released in Beatrice Pfefferknot's birthday event (what the back of the card says... :)). I'll keep collecting from the trees and do the golden trade but I don't want to chop any more trees for a while! I am however looking forward to the next update!

jaymieb2
01-31-18, 02:35 AM
Same problem here, all my beasts have vanished and I'm starting to believe they're extinct. The last fangbeast I found was buried under my carrots yesterday...

Several times now, I have had to park a beast to stop being swamped by creatures, I had 4 boars spawn while trying to harvest 12 cocoa beans, and I have a fangbeast parked to stop more spawns from Acer trees... they use all my energy and I need Acer Berries. I have something like 23 (17 spare) cider spices while in progress on my last gift box trade.

Amarice
01-31-18, 03:28 AM
I finished this event and got the horse, without spending games.

Yet, I have to admit, over the many many years I have been playing this game, this was the most boring, unrewarding and disappointing Event I ever participated in.

The "gifts" from the trades were a joke, which really made this just a chore to get the horse. In honesty I do not even know why I bothered with the horse which just Drops items for terrible trades anyways. Maybe a faint hope of mine the trades will get better one day? Or maybe just nothing else to do during the event-time.

I did not buy the Vineyard Tree, because right now, those trades are not even worth 20 gems for me, let alone 225.

Make the Gold trade drop trade tickets, already processed items (enchanted and royal blocks/beams, mermaids brews, Lumin and Enchanter's essence, gems, 10+ energy, etc.etc. then I might bother <.<