PDA

View Full Version : Scared to build appliances and buy counters!!

Nettie75
01-13-18, 02:03 PM
I'm fairly new to the game, and alot of the appliances I don't have yet. I want to build new ones between goals, and buy counters I don't have, but I'm afraid if I buy one, a new challenge will ask for it later and I'll have to rebut a counter cause my owning it doesn't count for the goal :(
One challenge I bought a new item, then had to buy two more for the goal, so now I don't buy new items during challenges. But I'm afraid to buy them BETWEEN now too, lol. I have to raise 8 mil to expand, so I HATE wasting money. Does anyone know where I can find archived challenges? If I can find what's already released, I will know what's coming back and what isn't...

VanaCatu
01-14-18, 03:24 AM
well, recently we have only 2 types of goal: 15 days and 5 days.

15 days goal usually requires only new content that is being released together with the goal.
this content is always in the beginning of design tab (excluding goal locked) and always marked "NEW":

so, just avoid buying "new" marked content untill the goal requires you to do this.

i remember couple of times when goals used also old content, but in this case they required you to HAVE some old items, not to BUY them
(when the goal says HAVE, it means that if you already bought it, it will count toward the goal).

5 days goal usually don't require you to have any stuff but some appliance, other tasks are all about serving food.

and, as we saw during these goals, if you already have the required appliance in your inventory, the goal counts it and you do not need to buy it again.

so, out of this, i can say that you may buy whatever you want excluding "new" marked content that is better to wait the goal requirement to buy it.

(of course we don't know our devs intentions :) it cd be one day they will decide to change existing situation, but out of wht we faced before, it is like described above)))

only one thing i wd check is appliances that are available fro everyone but contain locked recipes (like cocoa maker now - when the running goal is over, newbies that didn't get there in time to complete the goal, can build the maker and found that it only has 1 available recipe, and other 3 are locked like forever).
you can check the cookbook thread to see the details.

kayjco
01-14-18, 02:11 PM
Agree with VanaCatu.

Don't buy new Goal items until you know whether the goal says you have to BUY it or HAVE it. Other than that, there isn't any reason to avoid getting items that you want.

Occasionally, a goal will require us to use an existing appliance, but there isn't any way to know which ones they might choose. They usually give you credit for the ones you already have when they do this, as they did recently with the Food Replicator.

Nettie75
01-18-18, 11:59 PM
well, recently we have only 2 types of goal: 15 days and 5 days.

15 days goal usually requires only new content that is being released together with the goal.
this content is always in the beginning of design tab (excluding goal locked) and always marked "NEW":

so, just avoid buying "new" marked content untill the goal requires you to do this.

i remember couple of times when goals used also old content, but in this case they required you to HAVE some old items, not to BUY them
(when the goal says HAVE, it means that if you already bought it, it will count toward the goal).

5 days goal usually don't require you to have any stuff but some appliance, other tasks are all about serving food.

and, as we saw during these goals, if you already have the required appliance in your inventory, the goal counts it and you do not need to buy it again.

so, out of this, i can say that you may buy whatever you want excluding "new" marked content that is better to wait the goal requirement to buy it.

(of course we don't know our devs intentions :) it cd be one day they will decide to change existing situation, but out of wht we faced before, it is like described above)))

only one thing i wd check is appliances that are available fro everyone but contain locked recipes (like cocoa maker now - when the running goal is over, newbies that didn't get there in time to complete the goal, can build the maker and found that it only has 1 available recipe, and other 3 are locked like forever).
you can check the cookbook thread to see the details.

Ty :)

Nettie75
01-19-18, 12:02 AM
Ty too:cool: