PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 1/11 - Monster Hunt time! Season 11

Pages : 1 [2]

sipland
01-17-18, 12:12 PM

Definitely ended early ... I had a craft going on in the Trade Wagon. Hope it's ok! I thought I was being safe and left lots of time for it to be finished before the end of the event.

butterfly_25
01-17-18, 12:13 PM
Came here to see if it was just me... No monster hung monsters coming and also trades from the trade market are gone. Did it reset at their usual start time of 11 am PST?

Tiramisalla
01-17-18, 12:14 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Please fix this S8!!!! You posted an actual date and time that the hunt would end. HONOR IT!

butterfly_25
01-17-18, 12:16 PM
Mine disturbed my play as well. We are losing coins, including gold, and energy and prizes

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 12:22 PM
BRING IT BACK! 6 + hours left!

nuttyangel_69
01-17-18, 12:23 PM
Really annoyed it's ended early!! I only had to craft one more gold coin to summon the armoured wyvern. Went to craft it and to then summon yet no longer anything in the trade wagon!

grdnr
01-17-18, 12:24 PM
Not ok to misrepresent when the game will end. Yes, I too am angry. Guess I will have to quit spending my money on this game. Update: thank you for fixing the problem.

Audidoodie
01-17-18, 12:27 PM
I?ve earned 240 wyvern tokens but the craft wyvern option has disappeared from my trade wagon

Nikospets
01-17-18, 12:27 PM
Really annoyed it's ended early!! I only had to craft one more gold coin to summon the armoured wyvern. Went to craft it and to then summon yet no longer anything in the trade wagon!

I came here to check if I was the only one not getting monsters! I guess I'm not the only one and I'm not happy either!!!

Audidoodie
01-17-18, 12:28 PM
Me too what’s going on S8 as soon as I reached 240 tokens the craft wyvern disappeared from my trade wagon

yanness77
01-17-18, 12:32 PM
Same with me as I was about to complete the Wyvern... It must be a bug, please fix it.

EsmeW2
01-17-18, 12:33 PM
How irritating. I'd left an almost complete glimmer troll on my board and have just used up all my energy chopping at him for no reward. Would have popped back in earlier today if I'd known it was going to end so soon. There is still an open Novice Challenge in my book - but will just have to expire now.
I gave all of the wyvern stuff a miss and just concentrated on getting gold coins for the other beasts and the Mythic Research centre in my second game which I've got at last :) - but sadly due to everything being cut short not enough gold tokens to get anything except a peacock so I'll need to wait for the next hunt.

emves
01-17-18, 12:37 PM
Over six hours left on the countdown and yet all the trades have been removed. Are people still able to spawn wyverns or collect coins?

PikaSquirrel
01-17-18, 12:37 PM
We're looking into this right now!

Seriously700
01-17-18, 12:38 PM
I think this is a mistake. The trade wagon clearly stated that we had till 6 pm pacific time to do the wyvern trade. Coins should still be dropping for another 6 plus hours.

veneravenera
What’s going on??? Its gone on six hours earlier????!!!!

sblsn
Another highly annoyed player here! Ive got in from work and got about 2 hrs to play to get the last 30 tokens I need for the wyvern... only to find everything has gone, except the goal to get the wyvern which says it has 6.5 hrs left 😡

Edit: But I've just seen Pika's post above so am feeling tentatively hopeful now 🙂

Tiramisalla
01-17-18, 12:40 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Please fix this S8!!!! You posted an actual date and time that the hunt would end. HONOR IT!

Yes I too was also FINALLY about to be able to craft 3-5 things after enjoying this hunt. Had JUST earned my last token needed for wyvern, and I was waiting to see how many gold tokens I'd be able to earn in the next 2hrs, then choose what to do in MRC. What a crummy way to end it! I didn't get to make anything!!!! I'm SO mad! OH - AND I JUST SPENT 400 GEMS!!!!

transberry
01-17-18, 12:48 PM
6 hoursleft

And ability to craft poof

I have all I need to craft but it hasn’t let me all day

ratdogs4
01-17-18, 12:48 PM
Just wasted a bunch of energy - no shields dropped and trades are not available. I had my energy coordinated to make use of the entire time and the end early?!?
S8, you need to do something to make this right. Please. Thank you.

AnnirasSweets
01-17-18, 12:49 PM
I hope yellow ones will also go away. And we can only collect golem milk during the hunts. We already have too many **** monsters, and most events are asking for rock chopping - which would make them even more of a nightmare.

That had honestly not occurred to me since I always have a beast parked since we've gotten so many, many animals that offer the same drops. During events I always park the monster du jour while I go about gathering and whatnot. In reality, my guesses as to what S8 might do and what they actually do are usually wildly off the mark so you're probably safe from this issue.

Speaking of what S8 should do, this current event issue is such a rookie mistake that it's almost laughable. I guess it has been a while since there was an event mix up this bad in CS so statistically we were probably overdue for one. That being said... this is ridiculous and any business worth their salt would extend the current hunt for an amount of time that is equal to the time we are currently losing. I can only hope that S8 fixes this soon and does the right thing once it's back up.

This happened (sort of) on another S8 game over New Year's weekend and to my knowledge it is still being sorted. Seeing as how this is during regular business hours and they're already aware of it, it should be a relatively quick and easy fix. I'm off to stare at my game while I refresh it every 30 seconds and wait for the event to be back online. Fingers crossed!

nateryd
01-17-18, 12:52 PM
Just seeing if it was only me.... nope. I had a full 90 golem on the board.... :( wasted all that energy for nothing

veneravenera
01-17-18, 12:52 PM
They should give us extra time!!!
I collected from my fountain and it didn?t drop token, but who knows maybe it would

sblsn
01-17-18, 12:57 PM
It's back! Woohoo! Well done Pika 😁😁

PikaSquirrel
01-17-18, 01:00 PM
The issue has been fixed, you should be getting monsters and Tokens again in the game, sorry about that!

Gingernut2013
01-17-18, 01:01 PM
In a very similar position myself!! Grrrrrrr..... >:(

Gingernut2013
01-17-18, 01:02 PM
Thank you! Will we be getting extra time / energy to replace what players lost?

Gingernut2013
01-17-18, 01:04 PM

The issue has been fixed, you should be getting monsters and Tokens again in the game, sorry about that!

Thank you! Will players be getting extra time / energy to replace what was lost / used while it wasn?t working? :)

ratdogs4
01-17-18, 01:06 PM
THinking about crafting the armored manticore for minthril. Is there a good drop rate of minthril from the armored manticore - anyone who?s crafted it?

RevdKathy
01-17-18, 01:10 PM
I've only a couple of hours before I have to stop. I need about half a dozen more wyverns and they've deserted my Kingdom. Still no sign of them after a forced close. After all that work to get wyvern tokens, I feel really *****ed.

AnnirasSweets
01-17-18, 01:13 PM
Excellent recovery time CS. I'm off to speedily slay as many Golems as possible to try and bulk up my gold token collection since my 2nd Armored Direwolf depleted it. Happy hunting all.

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 01:15 PM
THinking about crafting the armored manticore for minthril. Is there a good drop rate of minthril from the armored manticore - anyone who?s crafted it?

Well, consider that it has 22 hour collection time ( not 6). And I mostly get other stuff from mine - rarely mithril.

DutchIsles2
01-17-18, 01:20 PM

Yes that is great but my horses which I tended during the gamebug are still not reset which means I can't fight any golems anymore.
Give us some extra time

perry5
01-17-18, 01:26 PM
I see the monster quest restored in my game book, but I still can‘t spawn any monsters...have forced closed the game, tuned iPad off completely and still nothing...not from horses, cows, or dead tree. Wasted a ton of energy and tapped horses that won‘t be ready again for 8 more hours! Anyone else having issues?

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 01:27 PM
I see the monster quest restored in my game book, but I still can‘t spawn any monsters...have forced closed the game, tuned iPad off completely and still nothing...not from horses, cows, or dead tree. Wasted a ton of energy and tapped horses that won‘t be ready again for 8 more hours! Anyone else having issues?

There was issue - now it should be fixed.

perry5
01-17-18, 01:32 PM
There was issue - now it should be fixed.

No...it isn‘t fixed for me...I was first to post about this around 2pm EST. In the past 10 minutes I have forced closed and shut down multiple times...but spawning no monsters.

perry5
01-17-18, 01:41 PM
Finally got a monster to spawn...very weird!

AnnirasSweets
01-17-18, 01:43 PM
Pika...my game book items are back, but I am still not spawning monsters...I have force closed my game, rebooted iPad...still nothing. Please help!

I thought mine was still messed up but had a monster down in mermaid land. Fingers crossed you just overlooked a monster.

tigarlilyvol
01-17-18, 01:47 PM
Finally got a monster to spawn...very weird!

I visited and you have a monster in your horse herd at top of kingdom.

HuckleTown
01-17-18, 02:10 PM
Why did we only get a new (pointless) Novice challenge? I was looking forward to 1 more of the other three.

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 02:12 PM
Why did we only get a new (pointless) Novice challenge? I was looking forward to 1 more of the other three.

The goals start the time you ended last one. So it has nothing to do with getting only one - it is about what time you finished the same quest yesterday.

RevdKathy
01-17-18, 02:38 PM
Well, the wyvern have returned and I've put the trade on. But it will complete at 2am here, so I won't be able to collect. Will I still exists able to collect after the trade timer has ended or will all that effort and energy be for nothing?

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 02:42 PM
Well, the wyvern have returned and I've put the trade on. But it will complete at 2am here, so I won't be able to collect. Will I still exists able to collect after the trade timer has ended or will all that effort and energy be for nothing?

It SHOULD be okay if the trade started before expiration time. However - there have been "mistakes" in the past - where you couldn't get it after it expired, even though it was already in the craft.

They later fixed this - for those who reported the issue....so you should be safe.

RevdKathy
01-17-18, 02:54 PM
It SHOULD be okay if the trade started before expiration time. However - there have been "mistakes" in the past - where you couldn't get it after it expired, even though it was already in the craft.

They later fixed this - for those who reported the issue....so you should be safe.
Thank you! Here's hoping!

HuckleTown
01-17-18, 03:08 PM
The goals start the time you ended last one. So it has nothing to do with getting only one - it is about what time you finished the same quest yesterday.

Not for me. Mine start the same time everyday. (12pm PST)

ratdogs4
01-17-18, 03:13 PM
Well, consider that it has 22 hour collection time ( not 6). And I mostly get other stuff from mine - rarely mithril.
Thank you, very helpful feedback. I?ll save my gold coins.

riverly
01-17-18, 03:13 PM
One staff token from the silver trade. I'm not sure if it's worth it. Oh and also a wall deco. I need 23 more staff tokens for one last gold trade. Don't think I'll make it. Never really got the rhythm for my trades this time. But ended up with 23 gold tokens for next time, unless I decide to craft armoured wyvern. I'm going to wait a bit.
I didn't spend a lot of time on this hunt. Battling the wyverns got tiresome.
I wonder if the magic nursery pets will be a permanent goal in my book. Looks that way.

And I ended up with just 6 energy crates. It feels like it should be 100. Ha

PrincessCelestian
01-17-18, 03:51 PM

I could be wrong but I don?t think that this is the case. It has always been my experience that I get all of the new goals at the same time each day (about 2pm EST) no matter the time I did or did not finish the previous days goals.

Seriously700
01-17-18, 04:35 PM

The goals have a 23 hour timer. I initially was getting my goals early afternoon but one day I didn't get into my game until about 10 pm. The goals had a new 23 hour timer, with the exception of the novice challenge which I hadn't completed. I hit the finish button on that, and within a minute I got a new novice challenge with a new 23 hour timer. So the timer doesn't re-activate until you go into your game.

koalamama3
01-17-18, 05:23 PM
I finally got the MRC. Wat should I craft for 1st? Unicorn, Glimmer Alicorn, Armoured Alicorn, or Armoured Wyvern? I currently have 1 wizard school and 2 daily alicorns.

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 05:36 PM
I finally got the MRC. Wat should I craft for 1st? Unicorn, Glimmer Alicorn, Armoured Alicorn, or Armoured Wyvern? I currently have 1 wizard school and 2 daily alicorns.

Unicorns! They work as daily allies, great source of spellbound dew and even drop tokens ( including ultra rare gold ones) outside the hunts.

Glimmer Ali - good daily ali - you only can make one.

Amored alies - also great ! They even drop mithril sometimes! Anything giving energy is good bet - start with those.

Amored Wyvern - works as extra deep mine. Nice extra source for mithril and adamant ( although doesn't drop mithril every time).

Basicaly - they are all good things, just decide which one you like most.

koalamama3
01-17-18, 05:55 PM
Unicorns! They work as daily allies, great source of spellbound dew and even drop tokens ( including ultra rare gold ones) outside the hunts.

Glimmer Ali - good daily ali - you only can make one.

Amored alies - also great ! They even drop mithril sometimes! Anything giving energy is good bet - start with those.

Amored Wyvern - works as extra deep mine. Nice extra source for mithril and adamant ( although doesn't drop mithril every time).

Basicaly - they are all good things, just decide which one you like most.

Thank u so much for ur advice. Unicorn it is then. 😁

chachacherryroyale
01-17-18, 06:17 PM
Beastbane display is available on market ( perhaps under decorations - although I'm not sure about that). It costs about 400 gems....but it is on of the few things WORTH having. It drops regularly ( even outside the hunts) gold, staff, shield and sword tokens.

Checked decorations but don?t think it?s there. Love this event

chachacherryroyale
01-17-18, 06:23 PM
Armored wyv is gorgeous and finally got beastbane display. Love this event. Will we able to finish new babies next round?

chachacherryroyale
01-17-18, 06:29 PM
If I have an event monster like glimmer golem out now and event ends will it still drop tokens till he?s cleared? Or will it drop nothing?

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 06:35 PM
If I have an event monster like glimmer golem out now and event ends will it still drop tokens till he?s cleared? Or will it drop nothing?

After event ends - it will drop nothing. ( It has been this way in the past) - so clear it ASAP.

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 06:36 PM
Armored wyv is gorgeous and finally got beastbane display. Love this event. Will we able to finish new babies next round?

Babies remain craft able, well, we probably can't collect milk for golem, but others should be doable.

AnnirasSweets
01-17-18, 07:19 PM
Whew. That was a lot of slaying in the last week.

I'll admit, I went a little crazy by completing all of the baby milk goals on top of crafting a Dark Wyvern, Armored Wyvern, a second Armored Direwolf, Baby Glimmer Golem and Wyvern Hatchling. I just have this terrible compulsion to complete any goal that pops up...it's a real problem.

Overall I found this hunt enjoyable but I do wish there had been a new energy animal on offer as one can never have enough energy.

I can only hope that the upcoming grape/wine event is a bit less energy intensive. If not I fear I may permanently damage my pointer finger.

Destiel0918
01-17-18, 07:22 PM
I wish we could get some other things than just animals. MRC could be used for rare buildings - it would be cool if we could craft like Love Shack for gold tokens or some think like that.
I love animals - but lately it seems we are drowning in them. Constantly new monster types, babies in different colors, etc - bit too much of the same.
But I do love any source of energy!

Kastlerama
01-17-18, 07:23 PM
I liked some of the changes to this hunt. I was able to get a lot more gold tokens so I finally got my glimmer alicorn but was disappointed to learn I could only get one. When they first came out glimmer alis were unlimited then S8 changed it to a max of four now only one - heartbreaking! I also found there were a lot of glitches going on in the game, yesterday especially. I collected a gold token in my fountain and finally got a fangbeast to pop-up but when I finished fighting the fangbeast the game rolled back at least 12 moves and my gold token went away and I did not get credit for the fangbeast. I was not thrilled with the fact in order to get fangbeasts to pop-up you had to first fight the glimmer golem then the blue dire boar then the 5 dark wyverns. I would like to see the frequency of monster popping up in the hunt to be at least as good as a normal day. Finally I was disappointed to find the Aquanthers were no longer dropping tokens. They did last hunt and they should have with this one as well especially since we had the special baby aquanther quest.

jesslau9
01-17-18, 07:32 PM
I liked some of the changes to this hunt. I was able to get a lot more gold tokens so I finally got my glimmer alicorn but was disappointed to learn I could only get one. When they first came out glimmer alis were unlimited then S8 changed it to a max of four now only one - heartbreaking!.

I don't even have 1 because it costs 25 tokens.. haha
but I do have 2 amoured alicorns and now I have 26 gold tokens but don't know if I should get the glimmer alicorn,unicorn or the sapphire so that I can craft the Princess Lorelei's fountain
>_<

janddolphins
01-17-18, 09:33 PM
Hi, I stopped chopping rocks for the glimmer golem from day one and instead fought the purple golem from the horses as you can beat one every 2 hours or so and gives you the tokens but also the milk as well. I have been able to collect the 25 in time.

Yep I posted after that I switched, with 3 minutes to spare, don?t think I?ve been closer, I made it and got the 25 milk :)

Tiramisalla
01-18-18, 08:37 AM
Does anyone else still have the "novice challenge" lingering ... and amazingly (ha!) not a SINGLE fangbeast has spawned since the hunt ended? I assume it's a glitch, but could really use those staff tokens!! I need them to craft a unicorn!

beefus
01-18-18, 08:50 AM

1) Thanks for fixing a problem that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
2) The actual listed time for END OF Crafting a Wyvern (which I took to be the end time of this weeks event) was listed at 6pm PST... your "corrected" end time, ended the event at 5pm PST.

Please work on consistency... and truth\honesty?

If we misjudge a time, or don't do something within a specific time period, we are "punished" by being told, sorry, you should have planned better.
Ok, I planned for this to end at a specific time... yet you changed the rules... why?

lintupien
01-18-18, 08:50 AM
I just got one of those yellow golems to show up while getting rid of a rock. Are they a permanent thing now? :confused:

Destiel0918
01-18-18, 09:00 AM
I just got one of those yellow golems to show up while getting rid of a rock. Are they a permanent thing now? :confused:

Please no!

PikaSquirrel
01-18-18, 11:55 AM
Make sure you go through your Kingdom Goals list and tap 'FINISH' on the Daily Hunt Goals. If you don't, you'll continue spawning the monsters associated with the Goals, but it won't drop Tokens anymore.

Tiramisalla
01-18-18, 12:04 PM
Make sure you go through your Kingdom Goals list and tap 'FINISH' on the Daily Hunt Goals. If you don't, you'll continue spawning the monsters associated with the Goals, but it won't drop Tokens anymore.

I did that for the goals that had a "finish" button. But the daily novice challenge for fangbeasts still has 2hrs left, no place to tap "finish." And I have not spawned ANY in over a day!

AinoDK
01-18-18, 01:03 PM
Does anyone else still have the "novice challenge" lingering ... and amazingly (ha!) not a SINGLE fangbeast has spawned since the hunt ended? I assume it's a glitch, but could really use those staff tokens!! I need them to craft a unicorn!

I just spawned a fangbeast which completed my novice challenge. While I of course didn't get any tokens while fighting, I did receive the 5 staff tokens prize

janddolphins
01-18-18, 01:18 PM
I just spawned a fangbeast which completed my novice challenge. While I of course didn't get any tokens while fighting, I did receive the 5 staff tokens prize

Yes, if you still have it I say try to complete it. You won’t gdt coins per tap, but you will get the reward and 5 staff are a nice treat :)

Tiramisalla
01-18-18, 02:21 PM
Yes, if you still have it I say try to complete it. You won’t gdt coins per tap, but you will get the reward and 5 staff are a nice treat :)

And of course, NOW that the goal is over, I spawn not just one, but TWO fangbeasts within first 5 chops of an acer tree. After almost 24hrs of no fangbeasts, period. Yep, nice and RANDOM spawns, S8!

AnnirasSweets
01-18-18, 04:20 PM
I know the event is over, but I just wanted to pop in and post my Wyvern Hatchling drops.
1st Collection - 2 Bacon, 2 Coal, 1 Creep Tooth
2nd Collection - 2 Bacon, 2 Iron, 1 Bone,
3rd Collection - 2 Bacon, 2 Coal, 1 Bone
4th Collection - 2 Bacon, 2 Fur, 1 Iron

PrincessCelestian
01-19-18, 05:06 AM
Overall very happy with this monster hunt. Got a total of 125 gold tokens. So I got my second armored direwolf and the armored wyvern (which rocks) and am well on my way to the third armored direwolf. I also managed to summon a dark wyvern (wah wah), a wyvern hatchling and two glimmer goblin babies. The only thing I wasn?t crazy about was all of the boost goals popping up on top of each other with ridiculous requirements and time limits. So you had to pick and choose which to finish. S8 could have spread these over several monster hunts and we all could have had a better chance of completing them for the reward. As it is the other babies will be a long time coming for me.

jackylina29
01-19-18, 05:42 AM
Overall very happy with this monster hunt. Got a total of 125 gold tokens. So I got my second armored direwolf and the armored wyvern (which rocks) and am well on my way to the third armored direwolf. I also managed to summon a dark wyvern (wah wah), a wyvern hatchling and two glimmer goblin babies. The only thing I wasn?t crazy about was all of the boost goals popping up on top of each other with ridiculous requirements and time limits. So you had to pick and choose which to finish. S8 could have spread these over several monster hunts and we all could have had a better chance of completing them for the reward. As it is the other babies will be a long time coming for me.

How many Ali's do you have that's a lot of tokens to earn during monster hunt did you have energy saved up how did u get so many?

jesslc41
01-19-18, 06:38 AM
Overall very happy with this monster hunt. Got a total of 125 gold tokens.

Wow!! :eek:

I was very happy with my result of just managing to achieve 1 dark wyvern and 31 gold tokens while completing the goal that gave the extra baby glimmer golem milk. This was only my second monster hunt though and I only have wizard schools and adventures for extra energy. But I can - and generally do - play all day long (well, 10am - midnight at least). With the 16 gold tokens I got in my first monster hunt, I should be able to get the MRC next hunt. Woo! I am definitely looking forward to crafting some energy giving animals.

wealthyrich
07-14-19, 05:34 AM
The writing says armoured wyvern drops mithril , it did not write ‘has a chance to drop mirhtil’ , spent effort to collect 20 gold tokens, first collection from armoured wyvern and there was no mithril, why so ?????

SpiritWind00
07-14-19, 08:58 PM
The writing says armoured wyvern drops mithril , it did not write ‘has a chance to drop mirhtil’ , spent effort to collect 20 gold tokens, first collection from armoured wyvern and there was no mithril, why so ?????
All inventory cards are written this way. It's safe to say that 99% of items that have multiple drops are only a 'chance' to drop. If you're specifically looking for Mithril, I'd focus on collecting from Renata who drops it 2 out of 3 collections.