PDA

View Full Version : New Animals in January, Noble Pair - 2018 Jan 5 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
01-05-18, 09:02 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41355

Event Prizes
Marequess (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1484485&viewfull=1#post1484485):
For January, you can get Royal Scepters from participating in events, tournaments, completing goals by hatching specific limited time animals and other occurrences. Get 20,000 Royal Scepters and you will bring the Marequess to your Forest!

Noblemane (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1484486&viewfull=1#post1484486):
For January, you can get Royal Rings from completing goals by hatching specific limited time animals, breeding all animals, wheel spins and other occurrences. Get 20,000 Royal Rings and you will bring Noblemane to your Forest!

Event Boosts
Royal Chest - collect 72 Royal Scepters / 8 hrs until Feb 2 (450 gems)
Majestic Throne - collect 72 Royal Rings / 8 hrs until Feb 2 (450 gems)

Sakrysta
01-08-18, 06:14 AM
I'm so glad that these are underwhelming. It (somewhat) takes the sting out of knowing that there is no way I will earn them.

I do wish the animal designers would get on the same page. That lion is disproportionately large next to the pony. He needs to be scaled more like the Gold Lion or the Santa Claws.

missourijan
01-09-18, 10:58 AM
Whats the point? If the animals cannot be earned in regular gameplay which for me they cannot, I will no longer try . Why not just put them for sale ?

Phoenix406
01-09-18, 03:42 PM
I don't agree that the animals are underwhelming. The scaling could be improved, though, especially if they have to reside in the same habitat.

The animals are obtainable for some of us, and through gameplay you can reduce the number of gems required to purchase them.

Penguin2016
01-09-18, 03:45 PM
The marequess is (theoretically) achievable with a lot of playing. I spent no gems on the fairy queen (which followed the same format). The noblemane, though, is solely based on breeding luck. The way I see it is, I will try for the marequess. If I can’t get it, I probably won’t spend gems because I agree that it’s rather underwhelming. I will not explicitly try for the noblemane, although I will try (without gems) to get as many militia animals as possible.

Penguin2016
01-09-18, 03:47 PM
And, perhaps I’m too literal, but doesn’t having a lion and a horse as a “pair” seem a bit odd? Horses are prey for lions! I’d rather have seen two lions (since there are a lot of horse animals already).

Phoenix406
01-10-18, 03:19 PM
And, perhaps I’m too literal, but doesn’t having a lion and a horse as a “pair” seem a bit odd? Horses are prey for lions! I’d rather have seen two lions (since there are a lot of horse animals already).

For sure. not only that, but if they want a horse like animal, why not a zebra at least? Zebras and lions both live in Africa. This looks like an Arabian horse. And why the constant emphasis on horses? I love horses. I grew up on a ranch and have owned my own horses. As a young girl I read books about horses all the time. Is that the base of who plays the game - young girls? So they're trying to get their interest as much as possible? I would really like to see S8 branch out and do some more exotic type animals. An okapi would be awesome.

Penguin2016
01-11-18, 08:18 AM
For sure. not only that, but if they want a horse like animal, why not a zebra at least? Zebras and lions both live in Africa. This looks like an Arabian horse. And why the constant emphasis on horses? I love horses. I grew up on a ranch and have owned my own horses. As a young girl I read books about horses all the time. Is that the base of who plays the game - young girls? So they're trying to get their interest as much as possible? I would really like to see S8 branch out and do some more exotic type animals. An okapi would be awesome.

Perhaps young girls are the intended base, although I don’t think a child would be able to complete any of the quests, as there’s just too much strategy involved (and too much playing time required!!) I, too, would rather see more exotic animals, mythical animals, etc. It’s fantasy forest after all, not pet story - if I want to see an entire fleet of horses I can just walk down the street and see them in real life! I do have a weakness for the dogs, but there are more possible design variations with dogs than with horses as there are so many different breeds. Not that I don’t like seeing horses and other pets in the game, but it’s getting a bit old. Heck, even a pet like a guinea pig would be a nice change of pace.

Rynetory2
01-16-18, 06:01 AM
Can someone help to post the goals for Imperial Offerings? TIA.

AppieP
01-16-18, 08:52 AM
Can someone help to post the goals for Imperial Offerings? TIA.

Sorry to say this but that's kind a late if you asked me, because everyone already past a few points. But I will help as far as a can; for reaching milestone 10 (medoe) and Hatch it we receive 1250 royal scepters as reward. Hope this helps:)

AppieP
01-16-18, 03:48 PM
Egg - Noblemane.
screenshot taken from gramland forest

Rynetory2
01-16-18, 09:20 PM
Sorry to say this but that's kind a late if you asked me, because everyone already past a few points. But I will help as far as a can; for reaching milestone 10 (medoe) and Hatch it we receive 1250 royal scepters as reward. Hope this helps:)

Was waiting for members to post them... Was hatching Paper Lantern Dragon part of these goals as well? Thanks for your help.

MystiqueRealm
01-17-18, 12:02 AM
Was waiting for members to post them... Was hatching Paper Lantern Dragon part of these goals as well? Thanks for your help.

Yes hatch paper lantern is 3rd milestone for 750 scepters
Reach the habitat glass grove 1000 scepters
Hatch medoe 1250 scepters - mines not ready to hatch it's 19 hours

Rynetory2
01-19-18, 05:31 AM
Yes hatch paper lantern is 3rd milestone for 750 scepters
Reach the habitat glass grove 1000 scepters
Hatch medoe 1250 scepters - mines not ready to hatch it's 19 hours

Thanks for the info. :) Now I need to scram up more land.

MystiqueRealm
01-19-18, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info. :) Now I need to scram up more land.

Same. Having to delete to make room which really bothers me. I've used my bombs which will put me in a bind for SB since we always have to mine too. Last one is hatch Impurress for 1250 scepters

Phoenix406
01-19-18, 02:07 PM
When I get really desperate, I sell a farm and use the space for a habitat, but then that puts me behind on food production. There really is no way to win, it seems. I guess that leads me to kind of a question (I'm sure this is off-topic, Rynetory, but I'll leave this here and you can delete if you need to).
How much do people want their online games, including FFS and DS, to be a challenge, and how many want it to be easy? I mean, I guess it wouldn't be much fun if everything just came as easy as pie and you could collect all the animals with little effort and feed them up to max level. On the other hand, it seems like we need to feel like the goals are attainable, or we get discouraged and stop playing (or just come to the forum and complain every day). It seems like there needs to be a middle ground, and lately S8 has perhaps been erring on the side of making things *too* challenging.

mysticalfairy320
01-21-18, 04:39 PM
Here u go, so cute! 15h hatch time!

Penguin2016
01-21-18, 08:59 PM
When I get really desperate, I sell a farm and use the space for a habitat, but then that puts me behind on food production. There really is no way to win, it seems. I guess that leads me to kind of a question (I'm sure this is off-topic, Rynetory, but I'll leave this here and you can delete if you need to).
How much do people want their online games, including FFS and DS, to be a challenge, and how many want it to be easy? I mean, I guess it wouldn't be much fun if everything just came as easy as pie and you could collect all the animals with little effort and feed them up to max level. On the other hand, it seems like we need to feel like the goals are attainable, or we get discouraged and stop playing (or just come to the forum and complain every day). It seems like there needs to be a middle ground, and lately S8 has perhaps been erring on the side of making things *too* challenging.

Sorry for the super long post, but need to offer my opinion... I agree with you. I don’t want it to be easy, because it wouldn’t be fun if you knew you’d get every animal. There wouldn’t be that excitement when you find the egg you’ve been waiting for on the nest. There’d be no surprise and the successes wouldn’t feel rewarding. But too hard is also not a good thing.

Story book events are a good challenge. With s**** and proper timing, it’s doable. I’ve won a few without even spending any gems. And if I miss out because I screwed up and mis-timed something, I’ll spend the gems if I want the last animal, or skip it if I don’t. The story book is fair. If I lose it’s my own fault.

Leaderboards don’t take as much strategy but are also a good challenge. IMO, they are the best type of event because the prizes are abundant and usually pretty big. Storybooks give three animals and a bunch of decorations I don’t have room for. Leaderboards give up to five animals and a free habitat, which is awesome. I like that you can choose the extent that you want to play. I think most people need gems to get to the 7200 prize, but the amount necessary isn’t unreasonable. Sometimes (like in this leaderboard) I’ll spend the gems on boosts or speed breeding to get the 7200. If I don’t like the 7200 prize (or even the 6100), I won’t put the effort into trying for it. Same goes for the 1st place prize.

The world events have become awful. It’s nearly impossible to get to even the first decent prize without gems, and at that point, why is it even worth it to try? On the other two types of events, it’s impossible NOT to gain at least one new animal, even if you’re not playing regularly or really trying. And you know that it is achievable without spending literally hundreds of dollars for it. They changed it so people would spend more on it, but it’s done the opposite for me - I refuse to spend even one gem on the WEs until they become more reasonable.

Expansion is still much too difficult. Although I still have many more expansions to go, I can’t imagine why S8 wouldn’t keep adding more if it wants to keep its players. Also it takes far too many realm runes to expand considering we can only host at maximum four animals in that land. That’s a lot of animals that have to be bred and then sold to expand.

Another problem is, with the two monthly animals, we really can no longer pick and choose what events and prizes we want to participate in. Skip an event, and you won’t be able to get those two animals.

Ok, I’m done. Hopefully someone in the staff actually reads this :)

lcasta78
01-23-18, 06:59 AM
Rings way easy to come by but scepters....geez

Phoenix406
01-23-18, 03:18 PM
@Penguin2016 Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful response. :) I agree with pretty much everything you said. I agree - the World Events are now the worst events, and I get no pleasure from them anymore.

Funner52
01-24-18, 09:20 PM
Marequess egg 15 hour hatching time. The Storybook really helped. (Rynetory2 if you don’t already have a marequess egg pic use this one I want to help on the creature guide all I can)

GreytMom
01-25-18, 11:01 AM
@Penguin2016, my sentiments exactly. I'm still playing, and playing for prizes, but I haven't spent a single gem since before Christmas except on habitats (they're my weakness). I haven't bought a single gem, either, and I was always one to buy at least a safe of gems every month for the last year. This was the only game I spend real money on. That $40 has since been reallocated.
Basically, like you said, there's no point in really trying hard for a creature knowing that it's very likely I won't get it unless I spend tons of money that I'm not willing to part with for an app game.
Case in point, the reason I haven't been on the forums lately is because my FFS playing has definitely gotten more casual than strategic lately. I'm playing a whole lot less & have been skipping events.

Phoenix406
01-25-18, 12:38 PM
It doesn't look like I will be getting the Noblemane on either account. :(

Rynetory2
01-25-18, 07:35 PM
Marequess egg 15 hour hatching time. The Storybook really helped. (Rynetory2 if you don’t already have a marequess egg pic use this one I want to help on the creature guide all I can)

Thanks for the hatching time. :) Updated to the Guide.

Thanks for helping, I need all the help I can get. :) I have listed the missing needed info in Post #2 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1451873&viewfull=1#post1451873) in Creatures Guide. Some of the creatures (from A to Z) are missing the feed schedules but I did not list them there.

Rynetory2
01-26-18, 07:57 PM
High-Class Harvest
Goal 1
Plant some delicious food x15
REWARD: 2,000 Royal Rings

Goal 2
Harvest Spell Melons x60
REWARD: 2,500 Royal Rings

Rynetory2
01-26-18, 07:59 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41749

Phoenix406
02-01-18, 11:27 PM
It doesn't look like I will be getting the Noblemane on either account. :(
I got it on my newer account! Came close on old account.

G4OU812
02-02-18, 09:29 AM
I got it on my newer account! Came close on old account.

I got it too, although, I wasn't really trying too hard to get it. Trying to get the Dusk Ox (which I now have) with Plantlers and Terrorier giving me long timers and 2x rings (plus other goals) really pushed me up to get it. It's in storage at the moment.

AppieP
02-02-18, 10:27 AM
I'm at 96% for the Marequess. Afraid I don't get any scepters. So need to buy it if I really want it.

knickknaks
02-02-18, 02:04 PM
Urghhh, I’m really annoyed right now?? I’m *so close* to getting the Noblemane and now the February stuff starts. Can you not even get stuff from breeding anymore? That’s just mean- there’s still a whole week left on their quests! Are we still able to get rings and scepters and I’m just missing it, or will we have to stare at their quests for a week with the only option left being to buy them..? Because that’s just unfair.

liesl23
02-02-18, 07:46 PM
I am so close to getting the Noblemane, can we not get Royal Rings anymore?

Rynetory2
02-02-18, 10:22 PM
Did you enjoy this event? Did you finish the goals? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

cowgurlup29
02-02-18, 10:24 PM
When will the Marequess come back? I accidentally sold mine. Omg, I'm feeling so terrible about it. If there is a way of getting it back that would be great.

Rynetory2
02-02-18, 11:17 PM
When will the Marequess come back? I accidentally sold mine. Omg, I'm feeling so terrible about it. If there is a way of getting it back that would be great.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sorry to hear that. Please contact Support: support form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

JanineQuinty
02-03-18, 04:58 PM
It?s really unfair!!! I only have 92% but now I can?t get noblemane anymore. I tried really hard for it :(

indigo2012xxx
02-03-18, 10:02 PM
Ugh, so close but no more rings dropping for the noblemane. So cruel, Storm8 😖

carolineannlv
02-05-18, 01:16 AM
This is the first time I ever finished BOTH. It's the first time I've ever completed the second one, the breeding and hatching catagory. Although it took hard work, it was also a lot of luck too. Had it not been for one lucky breed, I wouldn't have done it.

Shewolf1953
02-05-18, 10:00 AM
Same here, you still have the Noblemane on the board but no rings being given...is this just a ploy to get people to buy it or a genuine glitch?

Rynetory2
02-05-18, 08:45 PM
Same here, you still have the Noblemane on the board but no rings being given...is this just a ploy to get people to buy it or a genuine glitch?

The event ended on Feb 2nd, mentioned in Post 1. It stayed there a bit longer to give us time to consider buying it. Dont worry it's not a glitch nor ploy. Just an option.

cowgurlup29
02-07-18, 06:35 AM
Thank you Rynetory2. They were quick to fix the issue.

Rynetory2
02-07-18, 06:45 AM
Thank you Rynetory2. They were quick to fix the issue.

I am so happy for you!! :D:D The Support wizards are always helpful.

Rynetory2
02-13-18, 08:02 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.