PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell who gifts and who doesn't?

ladysurvivor
01-01-18, 09:16 AM
The long and short of it is I need to cull dead weight from my neighbors and add new ones. I couldn't care less about tipping;my concern is gifts. I have over a 100 neighbors and I have to scramble for a couple of days to get parts or requests and I don't think I should have to.

I guess I could write down shop names on a piece of paper every morning when I accept gifts but I was wondering if there was a way to see who's been gifting me after the fact. Thanks everybody!

(Xposted in BS)

h2omancris
01-01-18, 12:12 PM
I know what you mean when you say dead weight. I have over 120 neighbours and the way it works for me is that I see the same ones over and over. So out of my 120 probably 20 are the ones that come by regularly. That is a lot of dead weight. From time to time I might see someone on there that I've not seen in a while but like I said for me I just tip and gift to whoever writes on my news or on the wall tag. If you want a neighbour who gifts tips and sends request my ID is h2oman if you can't get me on that one try h2omancris sorry its 6am here in Sydney Australia and I am having a mind block. Hope to see you

twospoons
01-01-18, 09:28 PM
Sorry, there's really no way to get the system to keep track for you. I do it the hard way every few months, write down all my neighbors' names and then cross them off whenever they gift or register as having responded, then after a few days delete the people who aren't crossed off. But even then you have to be willing to turn down some gifts so you're not just getting the neighbors who are online right at reset.

kayjco
01-06-18, 07:55 AM
The only way would be to make a list, then decline gifts all day so you can get more gifts & see who sent them.

It would be REALLY NICE if the game showed who attempted gifts as well as sent, but it doesn't.

adreamdeferred
07-23-18, 08:11 AM
I wish the game could tell us! I tried writing it down, then just started to make mental notes of who I hadn't seen gift me lately. It's reasonable to do because I have maybe 30-some neighbors on RS and BS, but if I had a lot more then I'd have to write it down lol. I had one nbr who tipped on the reg but I hadn't seen them gift me... I asked them about it and they said they have over 100 nbrs and don't gift much. I had to delete them :-/

MissPiep
10-17-18, 02:54 PM
I made this list about 3 days ago. I kept track of every single thing, everytime I opened the game.

Some are new neighbors and haven't really interacted with me yet. I figured I'd keep track of this list for a few more days while I keep adding more neighbors and later remove the ones who are less active. Depending if I want tips and/or gifts.

tatermaters
10-21-18, 03:24 PM
It depends on the time you gift. If i gift in the morning 20 percent are full. If i gift after work 60 percent are full. Some neighbors have never received a gift from me. Its not for lack of trying.

sgoetzinger99
10-21-18, 06:11 PM
It depends on the time you gift. If i gift in the morning 20 percent are full. If i gift after work 60 percent are full. Some neighbors have never received a gift from me. Its not for lack of trying.

That's exactly right! It may be more valuable to pay attention to who fills your requests.
Actually, I have no idea who gifts every day and who doesn't.

snowbun23
10-22-18, 04:41 AM
That's exactly right! It may be more valuable to pay attention to who fills your requests.
Actually, I have no idea who gifts every day and who doesn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think not all fulfilled gift requests would appear on neighbours' news feed.
Reason being somebody told me off years ago for not accepting her gift requests, although I'd been diligently accepting her requests. So I think she could've been tracking who had accepted her gift requests on her news feed, and it didn't appear on hers that I had indeed done the neighbourly deed.

Lurker2
10-22-18, 04:58 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think not all fulfilled gift requests would appear on neighbours' news feed.
Reason being somebody told me off years ago for not accepting her gift requests, although I'd been diligently accepting her requests. So I think she could've been tracking who had accepted her gift requests on her news feed, and it didn't appear on hers that I had indeed done the neighbourly deed.

The news feed only shows the last 10 fulfilled gift requests and the last 10 tippers. All the older messages get bumped off the news feed.

sgoetzinger99
10-22-18, 09:09 AM

Nobody needs neighbors like that!

snowbun23
10-23-18, 07:47 AM
The news feed only shows the last 10 fulfilled gift requests and the last 10 tippers. All the older messages get bumped off the news feed.
I see, thanks!

Nobody needs neighbors like that!
It's OK, it was a misunderstanding anyway I guess :)