PDA

View Full Version : Nog Hog - 2017 Dec 15

jmatarii
12-15-17, 05:35 PM
Nog Hog - new creature
More information on Nog Hog (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1479502&viewfull=1#post1479502) in Creatures Guide.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40845
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40846

Nog Hog

Element: Winter/Earth
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 1000 gems

Breed Water and Earth

Breeding & Hatching time: 5 hrs
Evolution time: 5 hrs
Habitat: Winter and Earth
Food schedule: C

Related goal

Sweet Sidekicks Pt.1

Get a Nog Hog.

Reward 5 gems + 700 Stocking Stuffer.

My combo Glacial Grififin and Allagater 2nd try.

Good luck.

Best Regards.

Penguin2016
12-15-17, 06:52 PM
I really like this one, so I hope I can get it!

Pebblemist
12-15-17, 11:54 PM
It's five hours.

Five hours.

What other animal do we know of obtained by breeding with water and earth that has a five hour breeding time!?

Rainguin.... Rainguins, that's what!

This is gonna be fuuuun.

mysticalfairy320
12-16-17, 03:25 AM
Got it with rock rhino and donkeycrat, Also wanted a second one so got it with obsidian cyclops and Easter bunny, good luck everyone!

G4OU812
12-16-17, 07:52 AM
My combo Glacial Grififin and Allagater 2nd try.

So with both elements and now for the dumb questions:

Having both parents being super rare increases the odds?

Does it matter what level of maturity the parents are?

Does the current level (22) I'm at in the game matter?

MystiqueRealm
12-16-17, 08:43 AM
So with both elements and now for the dumb questions:

Having both parents being super rare increases the odds?

Does it matter what level of maturity the parents are?

Does the current level (22) I'm at in the game matter?

I got it with rock rhino and frostfang, level of animals or your game lvl doesn't matter you just need make sure you're breeding earth and water :) rarity doesn't matter.

G4OU812
12-16-17, 09:07 AM
I got it with rock rhino and frostfang, level of animals or your game lvl doesn't matter you just need make sure you're breeding earth and water :) rarity doesn't matter.

Thank you for the help.

wendietje
12-16-17, 09:18 AM
Got it with rock rhino and donkeycrat, Also wanted a second one so got it with obsidian cyclops and Easter bunny, good luck everyone!

It always amazes me that some people are that lucky they get the animal multiple times and other ones (like me) keep trying for as long as the quest is there and get none !!!

Don't get me wrong: congrats to the ones who are lucky but i don't think it's fair

jetghostwife
12-16-17, 10:06 AM
After no less then 20 rainquins with rock rhino and frost fang, I switched to Alligator and big bad wolf and finally got it!!!

Good luck!

miadoubled
12-16-17, 10:30 AM
Rainguins...rainguins...another 5hr. Bet its a rainguin!🤣

mysticalfairy320
12-16-17, 10:45 AM
It always amazes me that some people are that lucky they get the animal multiple times and other ones (like me) keep trying for as long as the quest is there and get none !!!

Don't get me wrong: congrats to the ones who are lucky but i don't think it's fair

I did speed breed a bit maybe 400 gems to get 2 but I didn't mind bc I boosted up for the lb and wanted points, In comparison it took me 1100 gems to get my 1st gingerbread fox so it's not that easy as it may seem, I wish u luck!

sgr1953
12-16-17, 03:54 PM
It?s raining Rainguins in my forest. Join me at the Rainguin and Planters parade. 😛

miadoubled
12-16-17, 10:59 PM
So depressing getting nothing but 5hrs no matter what combo i use...speed speed speed...and all i can manage are rainguins. Gosh i hate that they share the same timer!

Finally got it... jeez that was a lot of luck !

jocelinal
12-17-17, 01:57 AM
Glacial Griffin and Rockodile second try. GOOD LUCK!

annelca
12-17-17, 08:32 AM
I got it!!! With Allagator & Rainguin at my first try with this combo.... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

chickenladyx14
12-17-17, 02:49 PM
After 6 or 7 Ranguins, I got it with Frost Fang and Rock Rhino. Good luck to all still trying!

reechi310
12-17-17, 05:15 PM
I got it after 2nd attempt on frost fang and rhino. Both at lvl15. I didn't breed them back to back, not sure if that helps? I never get animals on challenges but lately this has been the second animal that I was able to successfully obtain through breeding (1st was zinguin on the storybook challenge). I'm wondering, and hoping, that the creators are starting to realize how frustrated us gamers get after miserably failing to get some of these animals!

mypreciou83
12-18-17, 08:05 AM
Thank you for your combo suggestion after many many many ranguins i got it with yours.

ally215y
12-18-17, 09:53 AM
Thanks combo worked for me second try

ally215y
12-18-17, 09:54 AM
Rockodile and glacial griffin

farto69
12-18-17, 11:07 AM
Allagater and Roch rhino. Didn?t even have to speed breed at all I feel lucky for once!!!

carolineannlv
12-19-17, 10:04 AM
I've been caught up trying for the Ginger Red Fox, which I've lost out on now. So I shall start trying for this Nog Hog. I know it's going to be part of the December breeding trio... But I'm curious.

What does it look like as it gets older? I'd like to know, just in case I want to try for two (if I'm even lucky enough to get one) to keep one as a baby.

AppieP
12-19-17, 10:30 AM
I've been caught up trying for the Ginger Red Fox, which I've lost out on now. So I shall start trying for this Nog Hog. I know it's going to be part of the December breeding trio... But I'm curious.

What does it look like as it gets older? I'd like to know, just in case I want to try for two (if I'm even lucky enough to get one) to keep one as a baby.

Same here. Not breed the Ginger Fox, another to try for. Hope I get this one. Good luck .

Elspethwood
12-19-17, 02:57 PM

Hope it helps!40920

chrisibby
12-19-17, 02:59 PM
Got it after 4 try with rock rhino and big bad wolf :) common + super rare.

carolineannlv
12-19-17, 03:01 PM
Hope it helps!40920

Oh it does! I love that they're bringing in more animals that get cuter as they age, I would be happy with just one as an adult. Thank you very much.

Pebblemist
12-19-17, 05:47 PM
Just got my Nog Hog! Allagator and Glacial Griffin!

Stormstar4990
12-19-17, 06:22 PM
Alligator? Do you mean Rockodile?

MystiqueRealm
12-19-17, 06:43 PM

You do realize there is an Allagater earth/water not just Rockodile right? :)

Pebblemist
12-19-17, 08:14 PM

Nope. Allagator. It's an earth/water creature from a few leaderboards ago.

Latoyab211
12-20-17, 02:28 PM
Got Nog Hog with Big Bad Wolf & Rock Rhino on first try with this combo.

Sammi3319
12-20-17, 03:34 PM
I have to agree with you, I have problems meeting the challenge breedings also. Not to be pessimistic, but I've stop putting $$ into the game anymore.
I would go back to putting $$ in the game, but until I start getting lucky, have to put that on hold!! Good luck everyone, Happy Breeding!

freyabatham2
12-20-17, 05:31 PM
OMG yes I just got it from an iciclaw and a rainguin first try

carolineannlv
12-21-17, 01:19 AM
I got a 7hr fail, then a 9 hr fail, and then an 11hr fail. It seems to be climbing. Never thought I'd be hoping for 5hr fails as opposed to the longer ones, and during an LB at that.

Hopefully I get lucky today.

G4OU812
12-21-17, 07:11 AM
It displayed 5 hours. I looked at the egg list here and thought maybe a Porcuplenty but it looks a little different

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101637-Porcuplenty-2017-Nov-3

Holy cow, it's a Nog Hog! Did the breeding event expire? I'll look for the thread.

G4OU812
12-21-17, 08:10 AM
After 6 or 7 Ranguins, I got it with Frost Fang and Rock Rhino. Good luck to all still trying!

I got it with this combo and I wasn't even trying, it was accidental. Was trying to breed Frostfang with Pandaffodil when realized my mistake. Turned out to be an excellent mistake.I fell like I'm Constantin Fahlberg.

Rynetory2
12-21-17, 08:25 AM
It displayed 5 hours. I looked at the egg list here and thought maybe a Porcuplenty but it looks a little different

Holy cow, it's a Nog Hog! Did the breeding event expire? I'll look for the thread.

Congrats and yes you found it. :) Merged to existing thread.

G4OU812
12-21-17, 08:43 AM
Thank you on both accounts!

Rynetory2
12-21-17, 08:50 AM
Thank you on both accounts!

Wow you are very lucky to get it on both accounts! :D I'm not having luck on mine, no red fox either, but still trying for this nevertheless.

G4OU812
12-21-17, 10:09 AM
Wow you are very lucky to get it on both accounts! :D I'm not having luck on mine, no red fox either, but still trying for this nevertheless.

Oh, apologies from me not being clear of what I meant. By accounts, I meant thank you for the congratulations (account 1) ans merging my thread over to here (account 2). I wasn't clear, sorry about that.

I forgot I posted on the first page days ago. I kept looking at eggs and completely forgot about this creature since I was hurrying to compete in the Leaderboards.

I hope you get yours soon. I gave up on the red fox because events/goals are running on top of each other. Plus it's busy getting ready for Christmas.

liesl23
12-21-17, 12:11 PM
Wow, I finally got the Nog Hog after 4 or 5 tries with Glacial Griffin and Allagater,does anyone know what Pt. 2 is of the Sweet Sidekicks quest? After you get the Nog Hog, then what?

Phoenix406
12-21-17, 01:19 PM
Wow, I finally got the Nog Hog after 4 or 5 tries with Glacial Griffin and Allagater,does anyone know what Pt. 2 is of the Sweet Sidekicks quest? After you get the Nog Hog, then what?

I've never seen part 2 come up. I've been waiting. I imagine it might pop up with Friday's update?

liesl23
12-21-17, 02:06 PM
I've never seen part 2 come up. I've been waiting. I imagine it might pop up with Friday's update?

ok, thank you! I didn't want to start another breeding until I found out

AppieP
12-22-17, 04:35 AM
Got it after 5 a 6 tries. Got it with Allagater and Papa Penguin.

G4OU812
12-22-17, 07:09 AM
Got it after 5 a 6 tries. Got it with Allagater and Papa Penguin.

Congratulations on breeding it.

Sugarcat5
12-22-17, 08:46 AM
Yeah!!! Finally got the nog hog. Rock rhino and frost fang rebreed 3rd try. Good luck to those of you still trying for it.

carolineannlv
12-22-17, 04:30 PM
It seems to give me a rainguin, and then straight after a longer timer. I don't know which is worse, the false hope of 5hr timers or the frustration of having less breeding attempts because of slightly longer timers?

It's so cute, I really hope I can get it. Plus I'd love to unlock the Gingerbread Mouse breeding challenge.

luna2cute
12-22-17, 04:36 PM
Dozens of Rainguins for me and a couple others but no nog hog. :(

Rynetory2
12-22-17, 08:59 PM
Oh, apologies from me not being clear of what I meant. By accounts, I meant thank you for the congratulations (account 1) ans merging my thread over to here (account 2). I wasn't clear, sorry about that.

I forgot I posted on the first page days ago. I kept looking at eggs and completely forgot about this creature since I was hurrying to compete in the Leaderboards.

I hope you get yours soon. I gave up on the red fox because events/goals are running on top of each other. Plus it's busy getting ready for Christmas.

Thanks for letting me know and your well wishes. I hope to get it soon but this Nog hog is nowhere near my forest and getting on my nerves lol.

skyharbor602
12-23-17, 01:40 PM
No way is this real. Trying to breed this for almost 2 weeks straight and nothing but Rainguins. I'm to a point to where I just want to say to heck with this and Fantasy Forest Story. Can't breed any limited time dragons to save my life.

carolineannlv
12-23-17, 02:22 PM
FINALLY! I have hatched a Nog Hog! I am so happy! :)

luna2cute
12-23-17, 04:59 PM
Finally after dozens and dozens of rainguins and a handful of other animals finally get a nog hog!

Used big bad wolf and doodle poodle.

glenngenius
12-24-17, 09:19 PM
And after a gazillion rainguins and other animal fails, I finally got this cutie!!! It's a Merry Christmas in my FFS island indeed! :)

missourijan
12-25-17, 04:44 AM
and after gazillions of trys so typical but no success here. Have not bred one limited animal in the three months since these ridiculous new goals started. I am really beginning to hate this game. One would have thought storm8 could lessen their greed for Christmas and give their players something for the $$ they spend.

Sakrysta
12-25-17, 07:11 AM
Still trying, but did just score a Snowmanatee on my baby account with Rock Rhino & Frostfang.

skyharbor602
12-25-17, 08:40 AM
and after gazillions of trys so typical but no success here. Have not bred one limited animal in the three months since these ridiculous new goals started. I am really beginning to hate this game. One would have thought storm8 could lessen their greed for Christmas and give their players something for the $$ they spend.

True. I'm to a point to where I'm going to stop playing altogether. Breeding Rainguins non stop for the last 3 weeks is just ridiculous.

deadpixel
12-26-17, 06:39 PM
Man! After weeks of Rainguins I’d become so numb and disheartened that I was just going through the motions of just swapping out breeding pairs after each failure and not really expecting anything or noticing any changes. Imagine my utter shock and surprise this morning...

I’m still not sure if I’m dreaming. This is a product of a Big Bad Wolf and Easter Bunny.

wendietje
12-26-17, 08:06 PM

Couldn't agree more!!!!
This is really starting to [] me off! Stil no hog nog for me!
And for me goes the same! I too wasn't able to breed a limited animal for the past i don't know how ridiculesly long !

Others get all of them and even multiple of the same one! How is that fair?!

And to make things worst: hooray! A new event! And yes i mean that very sarcastic

wendietje
12-26-17, 08:12 PM
I got it after 2nd attempt on frost fang and rhino. Both at lvl15. I didn't breed them back to back, not sure if that helps? I never get animals on challenges but lately this has been the second animal that I was able to successfully obtain through breeding (1st was zinguin on the storybook challenge). I'm wondering, and hoping, that the creators are starting to realize how frustrated us gamers get after miserably failing to get some of these animals!

?? What do you mean with you did not breed them back to back?

I dont think they care how we feel! They want us spending gems ... well ... [] no ! I can't buy them so i have to earn them. No way i'm gonna spent them on this madness!

Alohatami
12-29-17, 05:12 PM
Ew, so Rainguin is a possible 5 hour fail? Glad I checked over here before throwing any speeding gems at it. I've had such bad luck with all these breeding quests lately, I'm just going to assume I got a Rainguin, rather than hope it's a Nog Hog.

Update: it was a Rainguin. :(

shirosutherland
12-31-17, 01:14 AM
I had got a 5hr timer with the combo of glacial griffin and allagater but not sure it can be raingiun too hoping it to be nog hog.......im playing ffs after 3months mised a lot because I did not got a single event animal from the october to november so deleted and re downloaded when half december was gone.so really cant endure if not going to get any animal.good luck everybody......and congratulations to those who got already you should be happy because it hurts too much when not getting one after hundreds of tries.

Penguin2016
12-31-17, 09:48 AM
Finally got the nog hog!! Now onto the gingerbread mouse :)

Sakrysta
12-31-17, 11:38 AM
I feel like I?ve wasted so many breeding opportunities trying for this stupid animal. Ugh.

NazKat
01-02-18, 02:28 AM
I've been trying non stop for this. Getting fed up with this game. I've only bred four animals for these since October! Talk about depressing.

Rynetory2
01-02-18, 08:08 AM
Believe it or not, I'm still trying for this...been at this for weeks. This stubborn creature refuses to visit my forest lol. And there goes my chances at the breeding the other two in the trio.

Keep trying, dont give up. Good luck!

lintupien
01-02-18, 11:33 AM
Finally got this. I was so sure it was just another Rainguin. I lost count how many fails I had trying to breed this silly creature, there were way too many.

Good luck for everyone still trying to get one! It sure was a hard one to tackle.

Rynetory2
01-05-18, 09:19 PM
Finally got this at the last 4 hrs when I thought it was another ranguin. This rare fellow was tough to breed. Didn't get the rewards but glad I got it. Phew!

Amathera
01-05-18, 11:47 PM
Wow. Got him at the very last minute!

tuffyjkitten
01-06-18, 06:35 AM
Me too, last day hatched Nog Hog with 4 hrs left to try for the second animal. What a waste of time.