PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Ornament Affair - 2017 Dec 15 (POLL ADDED)

AppieP
12-15-17, 08:57 AM

MILESTONE:
50 points - random price from mystery box
350 points - Jagustar Winter/Fire 8/8 hours.
650 points - random price from mystery box
1100 points - deco: 4x ornamental orbs
1500 points - random price from mystery box
2200 points - Snowflake Drake Lightning/Water. 16/21 hours.
3800 points - random price from mystery box
4500 points - habitat: winter wonderland (holds Lightning/Dark/Fire creatures)
5500 points - random price from mystery box
6100 points - Winter Wonderlamb Water/Nature 14/14 hours.
7200 points - Ribbunny Winter/Fire 8/8 hours.

Come in 1st or 2nd and win the Gareland Winter/Nature 15/? hours.

Side Quests
Reach and Hatch a Jagustar for 300 extra LB points and 250 Pretty Presents.

Raise your Jagustar to lvl 3 for 300 extra LB points

Raise your Jagustar to lvl 12 for 400 extra LB points

Here the eggs:

Egg: Jagustar

Ribbunny egg: (thanks to Eluzyion)

Gareland egg:

chickenladyx14
12-15-17, 12:14 PM
That reindeer is gorgeous!

Phoenix406
12-15-17, 12:22 PM
Those aren't reindeer antlers, though, or even deer antlers. They look like gazelle horns. But it's still a nice looking animal. I assume it is the top prize, so I probably won't get it. Only 10 minutes until the event starts!

carolineannlv
12-15-17, 12:25 PM
I love the bunny with ribbon-bow ears. It's so cute. And the gazelle/deer is beautiful too. One of those two is definitely the top prize, so I can't hold out any hope until I know for sure which I'm going to have any chance of getting.

It does look like it's based off of a Thompsons Gazelle, so really good catch!

Penguin2016
12-15-17, 12:41 PM
I’m glad the Winter Wonderlamb is one of the milestones!! I couldn’t get it when it was on the wheel. I also like the Snowflake Drake :)

carolineannlv
12-15-17, 12:43 PM
I’m glad the Winter Wonderlamb is one of the milestones!! I couldn’t get it when it was on the wheel. I also like the Snowflake Drake :)

Me too! I'm so thrilled. I even paid gems for a couple extra spins on the wheel to see if I could get it. I could not. :(
But now I've got another chance! :)

Penguin2016
12-15-17, 12:45 PM
Me too! I'm so thrilled. I even paid gems for a couple extra spins on the wheel to see if I could get it. I could not. :(
But now I've got another chance! :)

Yep! And since it’s the second to last milestone prize, it’s doable! I wish the habitat was different though. I already have two of that one (and also two of the other winter one).

MystiqueRealm
12-15-17, 01:03 PM
Jagustar 8 hours

Nog hog 5 hours

Eluzyion
12-15-17, 01:10 PM
Ribbunny is 8 hours

My goal "glittering gifts" is stuck on get milestone snowflake drake. I've completed all milestones logged off and on several times, please credit all milestones..my points right now are 7264. Ribbuny on nest ....NEVERMIND it makes you hatch it ugh..completed (words so garbled I couldn't read the hatch it part)

Eluzyion
12-15-17, 01:28 PM
Side note: Ribbunny isn't a bunny it's a cocker spaniel, which is better IMO but I don't get the name ;) at least it looks like a cocker spaniel to me lol

carolineannlv
12-15-17, 01:32 PM
Side note: Ribbunny isn't a bunny it's a cocker spaniel, which is better IMO but I don't get the name ;) at least it looks like a cocker spaniel to me lol

That's what I thought, but after the name bunny came up, I edited my post. It does look like a cocker spaniel. ^_^ It's so pretty.

Eluzyion
12-15-17, 01:55 PM
Got nog hog with rock rhino and frostfang, good luck! 5 hours

Note: rainguin is also 5 hours

AppieP
12-15-17, 02:44 PM
Awesome E. Congrats with already finished the LB. Too bad you don't get all the Points. Hope you did get it somehow. And thanks for all your help with the times so far.

Silverrain1
12-15-17, 03:40 PM
Awwwww. so disappointed, I have these animals - except the new ones.

Silverrain1
12-15-17, 04:23 PM
Game just crashed and didn't get my spin. So now iv lost first place.....only in second and I know it's first day, but it's just annoying

gramland
12-15-17, 05:23 PM
Bought a Gold boost and finished all LB milestones. I also got the Nog Hog and Santa Paws.

jovianbodie
12-15-17, 11:08 PM
What are the elements for the habitat?

miadoubled
12-15-17, 11:30 PM
Will they ever allow more than one darn habitat to be bought for all of these new elements lately! Why make so many with the same element yet even with gems more than one cant be bought.. hmm i dont Like having to split them all up , i like them in the hab they look good and belong in.

Pebblemist
12-16-17, 12:10 AM
Will they ever allow more than one darn habitat to be bought for all of these new elements lately! Why make so many with the same element yet even with gems more than one cant be bought.. hmm i dont Like having to split them all up , i like them in the hab they look good and belong in.

Exactly! I'm having to choose who gets to stay in the Winter Vale if I get any more Winter creatures now! I've managed Falalalalamb, Ginger Red Fox, Ringtail, and Candy Mane.

Honestly I'm not complaining, though. I went from getting only one Spooky animal (Horseman's Steed) to three Fairies (Harvest Loon, Hartwood, and Porcuplenty) to four Winters, with more hopefully on the way!

paulmiddle
12-16-17, 02:38 AM

I assume it is a play on words - ribbons to ribunny maybe ribbonny would be better?

AppieP
12-16-17, 02:57 AM
What are the elements for the habitat?

Not reached it yet, but looking at the animals and habitat, a rough guess: water/nature/fire.

Pebblemist
12-16-17, 07:53 AM
That's a Winter Wonderland. I have it, got it two spin-to-wins ago. It's Lightning, Dark, and Fire.

Speaking of the habitat, will I be able to place it since I already have the same one?

Rynetory2
12-16-17, 08:17 AM

Exactly! I'm having to choose who gets to stay in the Winter Vale if I get any more Winter creatures now! I've managed Falalalalamb, Ginger Red Fox, Ringtail, and Candy Mane.

Honestly I'm not complaining, though. I went from getting only one Spooky animal (Horseman's Steed) to three Fairies (Harvest Loon, Hartwood, and Porcuplenty) to four Winters, with more hopefully on the way!

Here's the request thread for more habitats for Fairy and Winter creatures.
Thread: Increase limit on Fairy and Winter habitats (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102227-Increase-limit-on-Fairy-and-Winter-habitats)

Rynetory2
12-16-17, 08:18 AM
That's a Winter Wonderland. I have it, got it two spin-to-wins ago. It's Lightning, Dark, and Fire.

Speaking of the habitat, will I be able to place it since I already have the same one?

Yes you can place multiples of it.

Hashbrown4kids
12-17-17, 10:28 AM
Is anyone else having issues with their milestone prizes not being available in storage? There are spaces where they are supposed to be, but I can't view or use them.

TinkerFairy89
12-17-17, 10:09 PM
I’ve obtained the Snowflake Drake, so where are the 500 Pretty Presents?

Alohatami
12-18-17, 03:00 AM
Did you hatch It? I think you have to do that to get the presents.

TinkerFairy89
12-18-17, 06:37 AM
Nope, just have to reach milestone six. This has happened before. this glitch needs to be fixed!

Pebblemist
12-18-17, 06:39 AM
Nope, just have to reach milestone six. This has happened before. this glitch needs to be fixed!

No, the goal is 'recieve a snowflake drake from the leaderboard and hatch it'

Callyvitale19
12-18-17, 10:17 AM
No, the goal is 'recieve a snowflake drake from the leaderboard and hatch it'I don't have that quest for pretty present and I need pretty presents for Festive foal. The quest i do have is for stocking stuffers and i dont need any because i already have santa paws.

MystiqueRealm
12-18-17, 11:45 AM

The words on the goal on mine are overlapped and hard to read, but it says hatch it

jocelinal
12-18-17, 11:07 PM
having this troublesome error where I am supposed to get snowflake drake as I have 2300+ points but I didn’t receive it in my storage at all after checking 10+ times. Anyone know where I can go to tell this issue to someone who can resolve this error

AppieP
12-19-17, 01:46 AM
having this troublesome error where I am supposed to get snowflake drake as I have 2300+ points but I didn’t receive it in my storage at all after checking 10+ times. Anyone know where I can go to tell this issue to someone who can resolve this error

First you can try to force close the game and restart. Hope this can help. And you can find it under animals in storage. If this doesn't work you need to contact
support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for further assistance.

carolineannlv
12-19-17, 10:06 AM
Just got my Winterwonder Lamb, going to wait for a nest to clear before placing it. Not trying for top prize this time, so I shall just be going for the Nog Hog for now and slowly making up the last points for the Ribbunny. So good luck to whoever is trying for 1st and 2nd place on my LB, I shall not be getting in your way. :) :) ^_^

jocelinal
12-19-17, 12:27 PM
First you can try to force close the game and restart. Hope this can help. And you can find it under animals in storage. If this doesn't work you need to contact
support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for further assistance.

Thks. Resolved

TinkerFairy89
12-19-17, 05:01 PM
That explains a lot. Sorry, my mistake :p

littelprince0313
12-26-17, 12:14 AM
Why ended this in the middle of the night (Europe) not very festive -.- I was kicked from first to third. Really sad. If I would have been awake I would have either tried for first or not tried at all but being asleep when it ends its really mean :( and it was someone who was way down when I went to bed - I know this is how it works but I would have loved to get the animal.

AppieP
12-26-17, 01:29 AM
Congrats on those who did made it to 1st or 2nd.
I wasn't even trying for, but a friend of mine did.
Here the Gareland egg:

15 hours hatching time

torfhoeken3
12-26-17, 01:43 AM
15 hrs - was not even trying to win this time, happy with just the milestones, but levelling up my Topaz Tiger (a hungry fellow) was enough to secure first place. Stayed there throughout Christmas Day, and surprised to wake up this morning to find myself still there!

Latoyab211
12-26-17, 01:53 AM
For the second time I came in first place. So glad! I started in first & stayed there. That's never happened before. I won my first animal a year ago, when I began to play.

carolineannlv
12-26-17, 02:38 AM
I maintained 3rd place for a while, and I'm glad it's what I'd hoped for. I thought that as mine was ending in the middle of the night I would most likely lose 3rd to someone else, as is usually the case. But instead, I got really lucky.

Strange, but I love getting loads of realm runes as a prize, especially when I've just filled up land with habitats.

Congrats to anyone who got 1st or 2nd, or at least a rank they wanted. :)

AppieP
12-26-17, 02:55 AM
15 hrs - was not even trying to win this time, happy with just the milestones, but levelling up my Topaz Tiger (a hungry fellow) was enough to secure first place. Stayed there throughout Christmas Day, and surprised to wake up this morning to find myself still there!

Thanks and congrats with your 1st place. And anyone who made it to the Gareland.

Phoenix406
12-26-17, 11:20 AM
I didn't think I had a chance at all for the Gareland, but I got t on my main account! Others were probably busy with their Christmas celebration, and I was playing games all day. My second account, though - wow. I've never finished so low. I was 15th or 16th, so no runes or food for me; only coins which I have no use for.

sandygin
12-26-17, 02:15 PM
I am so mad. I held first place for a long time and then two people had to jump ahead by hundreds. There was no way to catch them. I hate leaderboards. They should get rid of them. It is not fair only a few get the prize. This is not a community game and it sucks.

cherrycastleorchard
12-26-17, 08:01 PM
Why ended this in the middle of the night (Europe) not very festive -.- I was kicked from first to third. Really sad. If I would have been awake I would have either tried for first or not tried at all but being asleep when it ends its really mean :( and it was someone who was way down when I went to bed - I know this is how it works but I would have loved to get the animal.

I think that it is wonderful that S8 are considering people in different time zones, for all the leaderboards (I have been playing for more than four years) mine has finished at 4 am and now I finally get to see the end and have a better chance if you are close to the leader.

Rynetory2
12-26-17, 11:56 PM

Regardless of what time the event ends, it will be bedtime for some players since this is a global community. Let's share with other players. :)

Rynetory2
12-27-17, 12:01 AM
I think that it is wonderful that S8 are considering people in different time zones, for all the leaderboards (I have been playing for more than four years) mine has finished at 4 am and now I finally get to see the end and have a better chance if you are close to the leader.

I too thank it's really sweet of S8 to consider players in different time zones given we are a global community. :) Regardless whether I win or not, I think it's fair for everyone to have a go at it.

Congrats to all winners! :D

Rynetory2
12-27-17, 12:06 AM
Did you enjoy this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Latoyab211
12-28-17, 11:33 PM
Garland level 4 & 10

Rynetory2
01-06-18, 08:40 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.

JustKay
01-06-18, 04:27 PM
My baby elephant got a present this Xmas for all his hard work mining runes :p