PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 12/14 | Glimmercracker Suite | 10 day event

Pages : 1 [2]

Andro45
12-20-17, 02:35 PM
Thank you, Vickyville.

sandisin
12-20-17, 07:44 PM
My game resets every time I fight a monster. Sometimes it goes back 2 monsters. Do I need to contact Storm8?

jesslau9
12-20-17, 07:46 PM
Can anybody tell me what the average drop rate is for the pettycoat pants? Trying to figure out how much protagonist suits I can make in advance since I'm now waiting for enough fabric to drop.

hmm I feel I get 2 pants out of every 3 chops usually?
but sometimes is only 50%..it kind of varies like that,but it is not 100% dropping with every chop

jesslau9
12-20-17, 08:03 PM
I have 10 farmhouses out and spawned 3 fangbeasts and 0 skunkimouse! This is going to take forever at this rate! Come on S8 give us a break, it's Christmas time!

I put only 3 out,and spawn 1 only after my 8th or so click. zzz

jesslau9
12-20-17, 08:05 PM
I'm on Day 7 & still getting ballet shoes from the nutcracker. But you know how these things can vary between players & devices.

It seems the fangbeasts are in maximum occurrence for me as well.

I am on Ch. 7 and (though not needed for upgrade), the Fabric and Ballet Shoes still drop.

I?d like to know also.

same I am on day 7,goal of collecting some hats,and the dressing room and nutcracker are still available to collect,so they still drop

vickyville14
12-20-17, 08:37 PM
Day 7 doesn't seem to need shoes either, will they continue or drop? The only additional day 7 item seems to be the top hats. Are they easy to gather?

Can anyone advise me? I am thinking about waiting to upgrade, so I can continue to collect fabric and shoes.

I'm on Day 7 & still getting ballet shoes from the nutcracker. But you know how these things can vary between players & devices.

It seems the fangbeasts are in maximum occurrence for me as well.

same I am on day 7,goal of collecting some hats,and the dressing room and nutcracker are still available to collect,so they still drop

Thanks for all the info. I held off most the day, then upgraded. I can confirm everything still drops.

On a side note. 30 farm houses 3 skunkumice.

hagypagy
12-20-17, 09:23 PM
So people battling with Skunkumice ...
I only have 6 Farmhouses out (3LVL6 , 3LVL1)
I quick-collect from all 6 and get a Skunkumice everytime (occasionally a Fangbeast, but not super often)

Hope that tactic helps.

jesslau9
12-20-17, 10:56 PM
oh my,so to upgrade to level 9,we need the rocks drop
Glimmerstachio
Found: chopping rock outcroppings

don't pre-chop too much rocks then
tho at the moment the mouse hunt is erm boring me :p

SpiritWind00
12-20-17, 11:01 PM
My game resets every time I fight a monster. Sometimes it goes back 2 monsters. Do I need to contact Storm8?
Rollbacks happen when your wifi isn't strong enough. When you get a monster click on menu/social and once the community list comes up you can close the screen. Have you restarted your device lately (last day) and force closed out background apps? If it's something that happens more now than usual Support may be able to check your game. Do you have many things on your board graphics-wise that move? Storing things can help too. :)

sandisin
12-20-17, 11:27 PM
duplicate post

sandisin
12-20-17, 11:35 PM
Rollbacks happen when your wifi isn't strong enough. When you get a monster click on menu/social and once the community list comes up you can close the screen. Have you restarted your device lately (last day) and force closed out background apps? If it's something that happens more now than usual Support may be able to check your game. Do you have many things on your board graphics-wise that move? Storing things can help too. :)

Thank you SpiritWind.
I’ve force closed a bunch of times. I will shut down iPad and see if that helps. I have a lot on my board that moves. Can’t store them as I need them to play. This didn’t happen at all until I started fighting the skunkumouse. I’m between chapters and will see if turning off my iPad helped in 1 1/2 hrs

jaymieb2
12-20-17, 11:57 PM
So people battling with Skunkumice ...
I only have 6 Farmhouses out (3LVL6 , 3LVL1)
I quick-collect from all 6 and get a Skunkumice everytime (occasionally a Fangbeast, but not super often)

Hope that tactic helps.
I have eleven farmhouses out - 9 regular and 2 toadstool. I usually get two skunkumice each round (with a few houses left over). I click them all in quick succession, but I don?t quick collect. Every three rounds or so, I get a fang beast. Dunno if it dropped a top hat or not...

atiragram
12-21-17, 12:55 AM
I seem to be lucky with the mice. I get like one monster in every 3-4 farmhouses and around 3/4 are skunkumice. I also make sure to tap them in sequence, so that I have at least one other already tapped when the ruler arrives at the first to actually collect. I don?t know whether it?s imagination, but I often have the impression that this increases the spawn rate. But those rates vary a lot and I remember that at monster hunt seasons I also always had the impression they stopped spawning totally. It might be just coincidence.
I can confirm that toadstool farmhouses can spawn skunkumice. And a drop rate of 50-70% of pants for the presents.

jesslau9
12-21-17, 01:03 AM
I have eleven farmhouses out - 9 regular and 2 toadstool. I usually get two skunkumice each round (with a few houses left over). I click them all in quick succession, but I don?t quick collect. Every three rounds or so, I get a fang beast. Dunno if it dropped a top hat or not...

i spawned a fangbeast with the farmhouse just. no top hat

sandisin
12-21-17, 03:05 AM
Thank you SpiritWind.
I’ve force closed a bunch of times. I will shut down iPad and see if that helps. I have a lot on my board that moves. Can’t store them as I need them to play. This didn’t happen at all until I started fighting the skunkumouse. I’m between chapters and will see if turning off my iPad helped in 1 1/2 hrs

It seems to help if I force close my game when I get a monster before I battle. Support needs to check my game. How do I contact them? Thank you for your help

bhavanisiju
12-21-17, 04:17 AM
help me in getting golden eggs friends only 2 days left

CharlieGirl9
12-21-17, 07:44 AM
Not sure if I am going to be able to finish this one, and for me it's all down to ballet shoes.
I'm on chapter 8, with two and a half days to go. I can play before work, at lunch and after work, but that usually only gives me four or five collections a day, and I'm averaging ten ballet shoes a day. Levels nine and ten need 24 each day. I don't think the prize is worth the 150 gems to buy the extra glimmercracker, and I'm not going to set two-hourly timers throughout the night, so I guess it's not going to happen.
The skunkumouse should be no problem, so maybe I should just focus on that. Pity, because I've made all my suits and ensembles.

transberry
12-21-17, 09:01 AM
I couldn’t get past golden eggs til yesterday but on day 6 now, praying I can finish

ladlasse
12-21-17, 09:10 AM
Not sure if I am going to be able to finish this one, and for me it's all down to ballet shoes.
I'm on chapter 8, with two and a half days to go. I can play before work, at lunch and after work, but that usually only gives me four or five collections a day, and I'm averaging ten ballet shoes a day. Levels nine and ten need 24 each day. I don't think the prize is worth the 150 gems to buy the extra glimmercracker, and I'm not going to set two-hourly timers throughout the night, so I guess it's not going to happen.
The skunkumouse should be no problem, so maybe I should just focus on that. Pity, because I've made all my suits and ensembles.

Don't give up hope. Remember that 1-4 ballet shoes are dropped at once. Also if you have to, you could speed up the glimmercracker which should be less than buying a second one.

LiriTanglethorn
12-21-17, 11:00 AM
I play 3 of S8's games, and all the storybook events work the same way: You do the tasks for that day, and once they're complete the "book" closes until midnight on their servers. In this case this means you *can't* upgrade the stage because upgrade will be unavailable until midnight the next day. You can pay to advance the time, but the following step will still not open until midnight on its original day.
Also, I noticed the presents don't drop anything (except experience points) during the "dead time" once a chapter is complete. I haven't tried the nutcracker or the dressing rooms during a closed period, but all chatter here seems to indicate that they do drop (thank you, S8!).
I wait to finish my chapters until after midnight (S8's time) when the new chapter is open. That way I don't miss any drops.
Good luck! :)

SkyDragon_Grandine
12-21-17, 11:24 AM
Toadstool farmhouses DO spawn skunkumouses. And I got a top hat from fangbeast!

I?m able to get 1 out of 3 now and have collected 19 so far. I think I need about 5 more.

SpiritWind00
12-21-17, 07:15 PM
It seems to help if I force close my game when I get a monster before I battle. Support needs to check my game. How do I contact them? Thank you for your help
If you can't see my signature then click here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95236-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contacting-Storm8-Support

Do it quickly before the holiday weekend starts for Christmas. :)

sandisin
12-21-17, 10:44 PM
If you can't see my signature then click here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?95236-ANNOUNCEMENT-Contacting-Storm8-Support

Do it quickly before the holiday weekend starts for Christmas. :)

Thank you, SpiritWind. I sent it a few hours ago. Hopefully, in time. I really appreciate your help

KekeAndLittle
12-22-17, 04:53 AM
I'm not sure why but as I'm on day 6, I'm just finding I'm "over it", absolutely not interested in even trying to see how far I can get. That's the first time this had happened for me. So I'm just going to sign off and say Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaii) and see you all next week! Have fun and good luck to you all!

kendysek
12-22-17, 05:40 AM
I'm not sure why but as I'm on day 6, I'm just finding I'm "over it", absolutely not interested in even trying to see how far I can get. That's the first time this had happened for me. So I'm just going to sign off and say Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaii) and see you all next week! Have fun and good luck to you all!

I'm so not interested too from the beginning. I was really really excited about reindeers, elves, christmas trees, snowy decorations, jingle bells and so, so when this came I felt so disappointed and unmotivated. "Vesele Vanoce" to you too (from Czech Republic).

Blanche_Lady
12-22-17, 11:04 AM
Im in chapter 6, goal 4 and I don't have the option to upgrade.
I already foreclosed a million times
Don't know what to do

CharlieGirl9
12-22-17, 11:18 AM
I have a question for someone who knows these things. I need some advice on asking neighbours for tickets. Last time this was in an event, I had finished every other part of the event and made all the deliverables for the final level, but I never got there, because after two days I still had only collected ten or so of the requested item. I sent requests to everyone on my list (50 or so) on day nine, and then to everyone again on day ten, but to no avail. I want to do it right this time, but I might already be failing.
I went through and identified 20 players who have the theatre, so I'm pretty sure they are regular players. I sent the requests only to those. After nearly 12 hours, I have received back five. Should I just send the request to all? Or should I add new neighbours. I have a day and a bit left ...

federerGOAT
12-22-17, 12:25 PM
Stuck on the neighbours request.
20 have replied but on 15 counted.
For some reason the first 5 replies did not count.

icesnowing
12-22-17, 12:48 PM
I am on PST timezone, level 9, 1 day left. If I complete level 9, next level 10 unlocks around 11PM tonight.

Does anyone know if 1 day means today is the last day and I'm not able to complete level 10?

I would greatly appreciate an answer from anyone, thank you. If you need urgent help on tickets, add my nickname on forum into your game.

ShibuyaCloth
12-22-17, 01:13 PM
All the pics are in now:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102345-Castle-Story-12-14-Glimmercracker-Suite-10-day-event&p=1478956&viewfull=1#post1478956

Missing the drops of the skunk and Lara.

Twintail
12-22-17, 01:23 PM
Stuck on the neighbours request.
20 have replied but on 15 counted.
For some reason the first 5 replies did not count.

It's the same for me. On the "News" , I had counted more than 14 "A friend responded to your request..." but only 10 is so far counted.

cursivesmiles
12-22-17, 01:50 PM
Hi SW, I wanted to say thanks so much for all the help and tips on this event (and to all the other responders too)!! This is my first Storybook style event, and I?ve found checking here often has helped greatly! :)

An update for your goals list: Chapter 9, Goal 4 is to craft a Supernumerary Puppet in the Workshop (not to give truffles).

ashley224
12-22-17, 02:23 PM
I have a question for someone who knows these things. I need some advice on asking neighbours for tickets. Last time this was in an event, I had finished every other part of the event and made all the deliverables for the final level, but I never got there, because after two days I still had only collected ten or so of the requested item. I sent requests to everyone on my list (50 or so) on day nine, and then to everyone again on day ten, but to no avail. I want to do it right this time, but I might already be failing.
I went through and identified 20 players who have the theatre, so I'm pretty sure they are regular players. I sent the requests only to those. After nearly 12 hours, I have received back five. Should I just send the request to all? Or should I add new neighbours. I have a day and a bit left ...
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101094-Castle-Story-October-December-2017

I would add everyone in the add me thread, link above, and then since there isn?t a second type of nbr request needed in a day or two, send the requests to all your nbrs today and again later today to get all your new nbr. If you are still stuck by morning, send to all again, come back on here and asked for more people to add you. No one will allow you to fail on nbr requests.

CharlieGirl9
12-22-17, 02:30 PM
I would add everyone in the add me thread, link above, and then since there isn?t a second type of nbr request needed in a day or two, send the requests to all your nbrs today and again later today to get all your new nbr. If you are still stuck by morning, send to all again, come back on here and asked for more people to add you. No one will allow you to fail on nbr requests.

Thanks. I have added seven new people. Thank goodness we have two days to get them.

ashley224
12-22-17, 02:39 PM
Thinking about it more, after 12 hours, only 5? I don?t think your nbrs are on much. I usually get 19/20 replies in about an hour. Sometimes I get stuck on 19 and I know it?s not my nbrs. I think you need more active nbrs, I?m sure lots here will add you so you can get moving on the rest of your challenge. Remove your inactive nbrs. Send out requests to every new nbr. Visit people and read walls for recently posted ID?s and invite them. Try to get to 100 active nbrs.

GBeesHive
12-22-17, 02:40 PM
It's the same for me. On the "News" , I had counted more than 14 "A friend responded to your request..." but only 10 is so far counted.

I was really disappointed to see only 2 responses received, but when I force closed the game and came back in, it showed 18 responses. Hope this helps!

planetyarnia
12-22-17, 02:53 PM
Almighty glitch with these requests-Had to force close and do a hard restart to get the responses ticked off!
C’mon Guys!Am up to my eyes in Christmas prep here!! #wotnowrappingdone
Will always add new neighbours and play several times daily if anyone needs help!

ashley224
12-22-17, 04:36 PM
@charliegirl9, if you add a post to the add me thread, others looking for nbrs will add you

ladlasse
12-22-17, 05:48 PM

I invited you to be my neighbor. If you send me a ticket request, I'll respond.

SpiritWind00
12-22-17, 05:55 PM
Im in chapter 6, goal 4 and I don't have the option to upgrade.
I already foreclosed a million times
Don't know what to do
Are you ok now? Just check you game didn't roll back.

I am on PST timezone, level 9, 1 day left. If I complete level 9, next level 10 unlocks around 11PM tonight.

Does anyone know if 1 day means today is the last day and I'm not able to complete level 10?

I would greatly appreciate an answer from anyone, thank you. If you need urgent help on tickets, add my nickname on forum into your game.
the game rounds time up to the nearest day until it gets to less than 1 day, so you'll be fine! :) for eg, I'm on goal 4/5 in Ch9 and my game says 1 day on the inside screen, but 2 days on the outside icon. So we have the remainder of this day (7 hours) plus another 24 hours.

Force close you game to see neighbour responses and my advice is to send to EVERYONE on your list - well as least 100 at a time. If you have more than 200 neighbours you might want to consider culling a few so you don't send to inactive players and waste 1 of your slots in the day.

bernadette16668
12-22-17, 06:27 PM
I send to all of my neighbors, sometimes the things they send take a bit to show up.

icesnowing
12-22-17, 06:57 PM
the game rounds time up to the nearest day until it gets to less than 1 day, so you'll be fine! :) for eg, I'm on goal 4/5 in Ch9 and my game says 1 day on the inside screen, but 2 days on the outside icon. So we have the remainder of this day (7 hours) plus another 24 hours.

Thank you so much for your kind reply SpiritWind00!

hagypagy
12-22-17, 08:40 PM
So I'm just waiting for the clock to roll over onto Day 10 now. Everything is crafted and ready to finish.

Have to say this has been the most lacklustre event in a while.
The design seems to be off. Lara isn't a ballerina but a fairy. With poor drops. She'll end up in Storage most probably.
The challenges have been manageable.

The millionaires statue is a bust ...
Way to big (should've only been 1x1) ...
And only dropping 12k/week pretty useless (why such a long timer?) ...
Have no desire to buy at all.

jesslau9
12-22-17, 09:50 PM
Regarding neighbor requests, I thought I read that sending more than 20 a day might be bad? something like some inactive ones getting your requests,the active ones doesn't, and it jams the system you end up not receiving the response?
I identified at least 30 actives on my list but end up getting only 15 too. I had clean up my neighbor list just after the last ember throne quest

Gaillock
12-22-17, 10:08 PM
Regarding neighbor requests, I thought I read that sending more than 20 a day might be bad? something like some inactive ones getting your requests,the active ones doesn't, and it jams the system you end up not receiving the response?
I identified at least 30 actives on my list but end up getting only 15 too. I had clean up my neighbor list just after the last ember throne quest

I was told the same thing when I first started & had a problem. Sending too many requests on the same day does cause them to jam up. Especially if you then add more on the next day. Hope it works out for you guys.

jesslau9
12-22-17, 10:54 PM
I was told the same thing when I first started & had a problem. Sending too many requests on the same day does cause them to jam up. Especially if you then add more on the next day. Hope it works out for you guys.
Yup and then when u send on the 2nd day the requests from the 1st day r still going out..

i received notificationa my neighbors responded to my request after the ember event was over

nadinana
12-23-17, 12:16 AM
🙋 what is this?
Balerina - it is decoration?

hagypagy
12-23-17, 01:21 AM
�� what is this?
Balerina - it is decoration?

The Glimmerplum doll ... Just deco :rolleyes:

Blanche_Lady
12-23-17, 02:35 AM
Are you ok now? Just check you game didn't roll back..

Yes thank you!

RevdKathy
12-23-17, 02:41 AM
I didn't think I stood a chance at this with all the extra work this week, but I'm on day ten. It will be touch and go with the ballet shoes, but I should complete.

I expect the items will go into storage after Christmas as nothing seems to have great drops.

My biggest disappointment was the nutcracker. I have an old one that was a gift from an old event, when they randomly gave out old stuff. It's the same thing in red and green... Except when you put the two together the old one looks crisp and clear, while the new one looks fuzzy. Someone forgot to sharpen it when they changed the colours, which is a shame.

This has been a bit more stressful than I would have chosen over Christmas, but at least I shall complete before Christmas day as I'm working all day.

SpiritWind00
12-23-17, 02:46 AM
Yes thank you!
Oh thank goodness! I was worried for you... Now happy dance!

transberry
12-23-17, 02:58 AM
May still finish as it?s saturday and I can check for shoes every 2 hours

22 hours to go

On level 9 waiting on invites to come in

Not bad after waiting 5 days for golden eggs

materri
12-23-17, 03:31 AM
Well I give up! I started with 8 golden eggs and as of today 13. I am level 50. I checked every 4 to 6 hrs since day 1! No lucky clucks on my land. Oh well maybe next time? Going to make lots of omelets this week anyone want one lol.

RainbowsandRandoms
12-23-17, 04:52 AM
If S8 delivered requests to neighbours as soon as we send them we might have a chance of completing this in time. But they don't send them on time and surely they must be aware that they don't? I often receive requests that say they were sent 3 days ago but it's the first time I've seen it and too late to help those neighbours. I've seen people on here are inviting new neighbours but that won't make a difference if S8 isn't letting requests go to them in time. Why expect us to do this type of challenge when they know the game set up is against it?

Andro45
12-23-17, 06:19 AM
The way I understand the requests: You can send out as many as you like, but can only receive 20 a day. The rest of the requests will be put on hold until the next day or the day after.
Sending out 200 requests may bite you in the rear, when you will need requests for a next event and not all your requests of the previous event have been answered yet, but are answered during your new event. Those old ones will count towards the 20 you are allowed to recieve. Therefore answering 3 day old request may not be a good idea (I know I sometimes do, automatically)
Do I make any sense?

CharlieGirl9 I invited you as well, may not be helpful this round but next events I will still play :)

My biggest problem at this moment will probably to get enough dancing shoes. I have enough top hats to reach level 10, so will gather those after I finish the rest to craft a pet skunkumouse.

aurora_11
12-23-17, 08:08 AM
Hi, wondering if anyone else is having this issue - I?m on chapter 9, goal 5, but when I click on the theatre to upgrade it, there is no option to upgrade. I?ve tried force closing, and also putting the theatre into my inventory and back out, but still nothing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited: It fixed itself. No idea what happened.

dragoniakingdom
12-23-17, 09:01 AM
Very disappointed with S8 that they had an event like this at Xmas. Would it have hurt to have an easy event to show some Xmas spirit?
Guess that doesn’t bring in gem buyers........:(

riverly
12-23-17, 10:04 AM
Well, my hoe down Lara doesn't quite fit in with my other fairies. But in the true Christmas spirit I will make a place for the misfit er I mean her.
Merry and Blessed Christmas from Arkansas, USA.

catlover1959
12-23-17, 10:41 AM
My neighbor responses are not showing up. I know I have at least 10 responses, and only 1 shows up. I can't complete Day 9 if my neighbor responses don't register. I have force closed the game several times. I am almost ready to delete the game and reload it, but I'm afraid I might lose something in the process.
Please help!!!!!

farmerbrown2010
12-23-17, 01:03 PM

Request me for a neighbor- I play several times a day and always honor all requests.

transberry
12-23-17, 01:20 PM
I’m on, play daily you may request me as neighbor

I have 11 hr just speed up shoes 4 times to get ensembles and puppets done, not a huge expense if it’s the only time I have to speed up

1knitter
12-23-17, 02:23 PM
Well this is disappointing. I have 11 hours to finish the stage and no way will I collect enough shoes without gems. Really too bad, I had enjoyed this event before now.

ladlasse
12-23-17, 02:41 PM
It's 4 gems to speed up the glimmercracker to get the ballet shoes. Which isn't bad considering some of the gem requirements S8 has. If you can wait an hour, it's only 2 gems. So perhaps you could use a few gems to complete the event. The drops are usually, 2, 3, or 4, so they accumulate pretty fast.

Good luck to everyone trying to finish.

ladlasse
12-23-17, 02:47 PM
I thought this event wasn't bad. I just kept making things in advance. I had pretty good spawn rates for skunkumice, and I already had all the other things like the golden eggs, glue, truffles, etc. I can see if you have to build up 15 golden eggs this could be very frustrating. That would be a stretch to produce quickly. The 12 days of Christmas event they did last year or the year before was much more time consuming, I believe. Merry Christmas everyone!

midninghtcm
12-23-17, 04:36 PM
I had 7 antagonist ensembles and then 5 of them disappeared ?_? what?!

storiadelcastello
12-23-17, 04:43 PM
I just realized that I will be sending neighbour requests Christmas Day so unlikely to get many requests back. Really bad timing S8. How many gems for neighbour requests. Would it be better to gem a head one day and give me more days to get responses back
Happy Christmas to everyone

SpiritWind00
12-23-17, 04:47 PM
I just realized that I will be sending neighbour requests Christmas Day so unlikely to get many requests back. Really bad timing S8. How many gems for neighbour requests. Would it be better to gem a head one day and give me more days to get responses back
with the time difference and that we know that other players are depending on us, I'll make time to fill requests for others and I'm sure many others will too ;) Keep making the white suits or whatever you need while you're waiting for requests.

LastDuchess
12-23-17, 04:49 PM
Why are levels 9 and 10 together in one day? They need more time and they are more difficult.
With the easy levels, we waited 24 hours for each one, and each new chapter opened at midnight (west coast timing). This doesn't make any sense. They want us to use our gems to speed things up.

LastDuchess
12-23-17, 04:53 PM
Is this glimmercracker even worth spending my gems on it? What does it drop?

88silver
12-23-17, 05:19 PM
This one has been fairly doable for me, even with holiday busyness. But the neighbor request at the end is going to do me in. Between it being Saturday, a big travel day for people, and neighbors quitting, I'm sitting at 18 responses. I'll have to send them again in the morning and hope for the best.

ashley224
12-23-17, 07:00 PM
This one has been fairly doable for me, even with holiday busyness. But the neighbor request at the end is going to do me in. Between it being Saturday, a big travel day for people, and neighbors quitting, I'm sitting at 18 responses. I'll have to send them again in the morning and hope for the best.

I suggest adding everyone in the add me thread and then sending them requests before bed.

ileeas
12-23-17, 08:04 PM
Actually thought I might get this one, but nope, can't get enough ballerina slippers to make items needed for the last upgrade of the stage. Currently need 15 slippers and way too much time to complete the items with only 5 hours to go. And don't have that many gems to use to speed up things.

Oh well Merry Christmas all, I will check in a few times on Christmas day in case any of my neighbours need requests filled.

transberry
12-23-17, 09:35 PM
38 gems total to speed up shoe collection. Bit over 3 hr to go last 2 ensembles brewing, 28 more rich fabric needed

I think I will finish even with taking 5 days to get 9 golden eggs

However I would not have finished or even had a chance if I had not stayed home all day Friday and been able to check in lots today

transberry
12-23-17, 09:39 PM

I?m on daily add me, yes I will check in on Christmas

storiadelcastello
12-23-17, 10:32 PM
I?m on daily add me, yes I will check in on Christmas

Thanks transberry, I have sent an invite

Dinatized
12-23-17, 11:44 PM
I also check it everyday. Here 2 help😊. Good luck everyone!!

Listal
12-24-17, 12:07 AM
I was so close up rab out of time with obky 1 hr left and 22 silk fabrics needed... Oh well did my best. Worked all but one day of this event.

Plus a few times today i did actions only to go back on 9 mins later for silk and it was like i was never on it...

So feel a little jipped. Anyone else have that problem?

Would have had it if it kept true count

atiragram
12-24-17, 04:02 AM
Reward for Chapter 7 was one or two Top Hat(s), I think it was only one.
For Chapter 9 it was 2 Top Hats (there I?m sure, I paid attention).
@ storiadelcastello: You may add me too, I?m quite busy today but I?ll try to check in.

And just in case anybody wondered: My farmhouses continue to spawn skunkumice even though I?ve completed Chapter 10. So I still have chance to get a skunkumouse pet 😊.

88silver
12-24-17, 06:25 AM

Ack! I was a third through my neighbor list, sending requests, when the game glitched and erased all the checkmarks. I went back and reselected everyone and sent requests and the game told me 37 requests didn't go through! I suspect the first third of my neighbors didn't get my request!

S8, it's these kind of issues that cause everyone's level 50 neighbors to leave the game. You guys need to do something about the poor game performance, crashes when visiting neighbors, and game glitches that cause lost progress.

ileeas
12-24-17, 09:31 AM
I check in daily so if anyone wants to add me they can my id is ileeas

Ack! I was a third through my neighbor list, sending requests, when the game glitched and erased all the checkmarks. I went back and reselected everyone and sent requests and the game told me 37 requests didn't go through! I suspect the first third of my neighbors didn't get my request!

S8, it's these kind of issues that cause everyone's level 50 neighbors to leave the game. You guys need to do something about the poor game performance, crashes when visiting neighbors, and game glitches that cause lost progress.

:cool: I can't visit neighbours anymore, my game crashes as soon as I try.

ladlasse
12-24-17, 09:54 AM

I usually send to 20 or so neighbors first whom I believe to be pretty active, then I go back and send to everyone. It always tells me that some didn't receive it, but that's because I already sent it to them at the beginning. I'm pretty sure your 37 people did receive your request. They were probably your first third of your list.

If you or anyone need help with requests, add me. I play everyday, so I'll respond.

jesslau9
12-24-17, 10:22 AM
The only thing that bored me was the mouse but we didn't need that many hats.
I am always happy when we don't have to grow trees or rely on Ivy hut(because that is a 12hour wait)

I finished with 12 hours to go..
But i had like 80 golden eggs in storage and collected back 3 in the whole event

ACeTexas
12-24-17, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=jesslau9]

The only thing that bored me was the mouse but we didn't need that many hats.
I am always happy when we don't have to grow trees or rely on Ivy hut(because that is a 12hour wait)
End quote

I was done with all inventory items on early ninth day (thx forum) and finished a.m. of 10th.

I pushed skunk mouse off until after event except bare amount needed.

Thanks to SHIB’s collector spreadsheet

Mouse finished today. 22 hours then I?ll decide if I want a second one and post drops

Merry Christmas!

29vanilla
12-24-17, 04:13 PM
Anyone know drops for the skunkumouse? Not sure I can battle enough to make one ?

KrideCity
12-24-17, 05:21 PM
Im surprised that only so few seem to have this ballet shoe problem. If its 1-4 shoes/collect with 2h timer and you are one of the unlucky ones that get only 1 or 2 every time, its totally impossible to get enough needed tho you would baby-sit your game round the clock without sleep. I usually get two, about 90% of times, so with good night sleep, wouldnt have a chance to finish. But because the angels that provide info here, I was aware of the crazy amount of shoes needed the last days, so used the day 7 collecting from the Glimmercracker even not needed. I might even be able to finish because of that, will see.. But not all players are so lucky to have found their way to these forums, and dont know they need to collect shoes in forehand to be able to finish.
I've failed so many events with a rotten luck with random drops, some get many, but there are us too that get barely (if) any Everyone should have somekind of similar possibility to be able to finish events, but not everybody does. Its so unfair that there are tasks that you cant self influence on the outcome, no matter how much time and devotion you put in.

Ki250
12-24-17, 06:12 PM
I still have two days left however I already have all of the items needed to upgrade to level 10. The one thing I was upset about is the golden eggs. I used most of them for the event. I was looking forward to tapping my golden mines but today, yesterday and the day before absolutely nothing golden dropped from my three golden mines :(. I am not maxed out on golden apples, eggs or nuggets. Unhappy :(

lilymonster4
12-24-17, 06:47 PM
Will the skunk mouse still spawn after upgrading to lvl 10 ?

SpiritWind00
12-24-17, 07:45 PM
The skunkumouse is on a different timer to the event so check your goal book for when it ends ;)

janddolphins
12-24-17, 08:35 PM
Why are levels 9 and 10 together in one day? They need more time and they are more difficult.
With the easy levels, we waited 24 hours for each one, and each new chapter opened at midnight (west coast timing). This doesn't make any sense. They want us to use our gems to speed things up.

It just means you didn?t finish level 9 in 24 hours so it carried over into day 10 so once you finished 10 day was ready to start right away. Hope this makes sense for you!

janddolphins
12-24-17, 08:41 PM
Well I’m going to have to gem ballerina shoes and one antagonist ensemble by an hour to finish. I would have finished on time, but ended up sick and slept basically the entire day away, doing what I could when I would wake up, but I probably slept 10 hours and that ****ed me in terms of missing 5 ballet slipper collections and 10 chances to craft the suit. The fabric I’m just collecting as I go, I only need 20 more, with two that’s under 2 hours so I’ll make it. The real trick is can I stay awake. I’m setting various alarms. I may be a little cranky tomorrow haha

Best of luck to everyone else and to those to celebrate Merry Christmas, and to those who had celebrated I hope you had a wonderful Chanukah! I wish I could gift everyone a completed event!

P.S while I don’t accept many neighbors this is one gift I can give. I will be checking my game regularly so if you need someone to respond you can add me! Janddolphins

MisterBlu
12-25-17, 07:04 AM
I have 1 day left to finish this event and I'm up to 'Fight a Skunkumouse'. I tap on the green 'Fight' button and it takes me to a farmhouse. I have spent 2 days tapping farmhouses but NO MOUSE! No way am I going to finish now. So disappointing! I'm giving up now. Can't be bothered to waste any more time on it.

CharlieGirl9
12-25-17, 10:45 AM
The way I understand the requests: You can send out as many as you like, but can only receive 20 a day. The rest of the requests will be put on hold until the next day or the day after.
Sending out 200 requests may bite you in the rear, when you will need requests for a next event and not all your requests of the previous event have been answered yet, but are answered during your new event. Those old ones will count towards the 20 you are allowed to recieve. Therefore answering 3 day old request may not be a good idea (I know I sometimes do, automatically)
Do I make any sense?

CharlieGirl9 I invited you as well, may not be helpful this round but next events I will still play :)

My biggest problem at this moment will probably to get enough dancing shoes. I have enough top hats to reach level 10, so will gather those after I finish the rest to craft a pet skunkumouse.

Thanks Andro and all the others that sent an invite. I had no problem getting my 20 recital tickets.
It's rather bothersome trying to keep up with who is still playing. I spent several hours visiting each of my neighbours and trying to check if they had items from recent events. It would be nice if there was some way of telling if someone was active.

Andro45
12-25-17, 01:21 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone.

I'm waiting for the last shoe to drop. I needed 3 more and of course the glimmercracker only gave 2 this time. In my second kingdom I had more luck and am crafting the last puppets.

So now I'm just bashing skunkumice (very christmassy)

ashley224
12-25-17, 01:29 PM
I have 1 day left to finish this event and I'm up to 'Fight a Skunkumouse'. I tap on the green 'Fight' button and it takes me to a farmhouse. I have spent 2 days tapping farmhouses but NO MOUSE! No way am I going to finish now. So disappointing! I'm giving up now. Can't be bothered to waste any more time on it.

I found the spawn rate to be reasonable so two suggestions. The skunkumouse only shows up after you have the challenge for it, so if you were collecting from farm houses before the correct challenge level it wouldn’t have spawned. Secondly, make sure there is no monster hiding in your kingdom.

storiadelcastello
12-25-17, 10:10 PM
A big shout out to my neighbours, new and old, who despite the demands of the day replied to my requests. Thank you so much. I have all materials made and will be ready to complete first thing tomorrow. I think I was lucky with ballerina shoes, usually getting three. I don’t Think I ever got one and sometimes I got four :) thank you also to those that play ahead and let us know what to expect. It would be very difficult to finish without you.
Merry Christmas to all

jesslau9
12-26-17, 01:30 AM
Im surprised that only so few seem to have this ballet shoe problem. If its 1-4 shoes/collect with 2h timer and you are one of the unlucky ones that get only 1 or 2 every time, its totally impossible to get enough needed tho you would baby-sit your game round the clock without sleep. I usually get two, about 90% of times, so with good night sleep, wouldnt have a chance to finish. But because the angels that provide info here, I was aware of the crazy amount of shoes needed the last days, so used the day 7 collecting from the Glimmercracker even not needed. I might even be able to finish because of that, will see..

I cannot babysit games, so I already given up on getting the skunkmouse

I am not sure why I actually finished with the shoes ..if an average of 3 per collection,that's 26 times for 78 shoes, that's 6 times a day (from day 6 to 10)I guess?thats 12 hours a day...
but yes if you get only 1-2 each time, it is a lot of difference :(

atiragram
12-26-17, 06:10 AM
I can?t really tell why, but I had enough dancing shoes in the end without babysitting or anything the like. I just collected from the nutcracker each time I checked on the game (like 5-6 times a day I guess) and in the end they were there. I think that I got 4 shoes a couple of times, though.

MisterBlu, it really sounds like you have another monster out somewhere. If you have a troll training pit, try it out, it?s a sure spawn, if it fails then there is a monter hidden simewhere blocking the spawns.

CharlieGirl9
12-26-17, 10:37 AM

You have the scary ocean witch spawned.

beefus
12-26-17, 11:18 AM
The ,main down side I see to any and all of the 10 Day Events that S8 brings us, is each step MUST be completed within that 24hrs, else end result = fail.
(Yes, I know if you don't finish up something til the next morning, the event auto advances... This specifically relates to Day 9 into Day 10.)

My issue is with the Neighbor asks on Day 9. Thankfully, all ask quantities have been reduced from more than 20, TO 20, to allow for a complete collection of items within a single day...(thank you.) But if it weren't for the website, allowing me to research and know what is coming in advance, I would never have enough time on a Day 10 to do everything necessary if half my day 10 was spent waiting for Day 9 asks.
If you are insisting on having a Neighbor Ask in the middle of one of these Events, please place it around Day 4 or Day 5.
Thanks
A Chiefs Kingdom

gorrith
12-26-17, 02:24 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of story book events at the best of times but with gemming quite a number of timers I got there in the end. I will not be getting the skunk as the amount of grinding required exceeds the value of the reward. I don't like these short timer mass number tasks. I can't sit around all day just hanging out in game I have a busy life working, studying, young kids etc. I can click in multiple times a day but not every 10 mins.

jesslau9
12-26-17, 07:10 PM
The ,main down side I see to any and all of the 10 Day Events that S8 brings us, is each step MUST be completed within that 24hrs, else end result = fail.
(Yes, I know if you don't finish up something til the next morning, the event auto advances... This specifically relates to Day 9 into Day 10.)

My issue is with the Neighbor asks on Day 9. Thankfully, all ask quantities have been reduced from more than 20, TO 20, to allow for a complete collection of items within a single day...(thank you.) But if it weren't for the website, allowing me to research and know what is coming in advance, I would never have enough time on a Day 10 to do everything necessary if half my day 10 was spent waiting for Day 9 asks.
If you are insisting on having a Neighbor Ask in the middle of one of these Events, please place it around Day 4 or Day 5.
Thanks
A Chiefs Kingdom

I agree, nightmare if we required 40 neighbors. I had only received 15 responses the 1st day but quickly received the last 5 on Day 10. if Day 10 needed other stuff,it would be hard

but with the shoes ,fabrics still dropping on all days, I really found this event wasn't that bad.

AnnirasSweets
12-27-17, 04:02 PM
Real life was so crazy this last week and a half that after I finished the event I forgot all about it. Overall I was happy with this event across the board, liked the designs and story line, the drop rates weren't terrible and I was able to finish without much fuss. My only real complaint (which is minor) is that lately the 'prizes' haven't had very desirable drops. I would've thought that for a Christmas event the prizes would've had even better drops than usual as they often did in the past but apparently not.

I logged in this morning and saw I had a little under 4 hours left to craft my Skunkumouse so I hurried to put out all my farmhouses and spent the next hour and a half battling skunks. I managed to craft 2 of the little buggers with time to spare. The spawn rate was way better than I was expecting so thanks for that S8. Now if only the spawn rates would remain this good for the next event!

karak71
12-27-17, 04:31 PM
I think the theatre in the round turns out beautifully!

SkyDragon_Grandine
12-28-17, 12:53 PM
No survey this round? I enjoyed it and got everything.

janddolphins
12-28-17, 09:03 PM
Yeah I’m surprised no survey, also surprised how short this thread was. I suppose a lot of people were happy and not much to complain about. I even managed to finish, sick and sleeping most of the day with only a few gems to get the ballerina and got the skunkumouse. Also saw a lot who just didn’t want to bother with event.

Me I think the ballerina is quite nice and unique from most things we have. I so wish she was animated and would spin on her platform, but that’s really the only thing I dislike about her. She is sitting quite nicely in my festivity/wedding room, and it works perfect with the composer, quartet, and harp behind her as if playing for her to dance :) I love laying things Out so my place looks nice and has meaning rather than things thrown around. It’s why I hate events when you need a lot of a certain building and it ruining a section.

SpiritWind00
12-28-17, 09:48 PM
I'd be happy to make a poll now. I have been too busy with Christmas and my family to spend as much time here as I normally do. It will only be open for a short time... So vote now. If you cannot see the poll on your device, click on Full Site.

tonyjosiah
12-29-17, 07:19 AM
The only problem I have with this event besides the prizes being lackluster is the fact that after it was over with the Ballerina presents that are on your board are no longer storeable! But if you have some in storage then you can still put them on the board and place them back in your inventory. In a game where space and energy are the most important things I don’t think it’s fair that now I have to spend 120 energy to chop 12 presents that I can no longer use! The same thing goes for previous traps/meals to attract monsters in previous events. I like to use some of these things for decorations, and since we have to spend gems on them we should be able to hold onto them if we want too in my humble opinion. Just like the Valentine’s Day trees etc. if Storm8 wants to make more of its customer/fan base happy it would address this seemingly simple glitch. And why not make the Shadow Lynx the same footprint as the Flyger? We need all the space we can get in this game.