PDA

View Full Version : Solved Invitation Bug (iOS only)

mylord7
12-13-17, 07:05 AM
After the new game update (version 2.7) there is a bug during the invitation procedure.
When you press the button to invite a new neighbor, you see the processing icon for 2-3 seconds and then the game crashes before the message "SUCCESS! You invited XXX to be your neighbor" appears.
The neighbor has been invited instead, but every time you go to the invite tab again (Menu -> Social -> Invite) the game crashes immediately and you can't invite anyone else.
The bug exists on the iOS platforms only and not on the Android ones.

P.S. New players or Low Level ones that have island goals to invite new neighbors, can't fulfill them, even if the first invitation is sending successfully, just before the crash.

[S8] Elsa
12-13-17, 12:11 PM
Thank you for the report! This and additional reproduction combinations has been forwarded to our development team.

As a work-around, you can add neighbors through the Invite button while visiting to gain neighbors while we investigate this.

Victory456
12-14-17, 11:11 PM
I reported same problem yesterday. Not fixed yet.

Victory456
12-17-17, 05:24 PM
Hi. Was wondering when this will be fixed. Still can’t log into my other game. Crash as soon as I enter invite section.

justinbieber4444
12-17-17, 06:06 PM
Also affects the ability to go between accounts. I?m stuck in a secondary account and can?t go back to the main.

mylord7
12-18-17, 07:59 AM
Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't see how this kind of bug could affect the Login Feature. I can go between my main and second island without any problem.
Other than the invite procedure (if you don't use it for some time the game doesn't crash), the rest of the features seem to work fine.
Do you get any error message when you try to go back to your main one?

pepleigh
12-18-17, 08:57 AM
I'm having the same issue trying to use the invite button to go between my other islands, but it only seems to be crashing when I'm on my iPad, my husband is on a iPhone nd he's not having that problem.

justinbieber4444
12-18-17, 12:35 PM
Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't see how this kind of bug could affect the Login Feature. I can go between my main and second island without any problem.
Other than the invite procedure (if you don't use it for some time the game doesn't crash), the rest of the features seem to work fine.
Do you get any error message when you try to go back to your main one?

No error message, the game just shuts down. I can restart, play as normal but can?t go back to my main account. Half the time if I hit the invite tab the game stalls then crashes the other half I get to the login screen and it either freezes and crashes there or while it?s trying to switch over

[S8] Elsa
12-18-17, 12:48 PM
This should be resolved. Please update your game and let us know if you have any further issues with invitations.

Victory456
12-18-17, 04:07 PM
I am still having a problem login to another game. Crashes every time I try to login. It would be a shame to lose this feature.

[S8] Elsa
12-18-17, 04:13 PM
I am still having a problem login to another game. Crashes every time I try to login. It would be a shame to lose this feature.

It's resolved. You need to update your app to 2.7.0.1.

Victory456
12-19-17, 01:46 PM
Thank you. All fixed. Now. Merry christmas

Victory456
12-19-17, 01:47 PM
Thank you