PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing baked candy canes

35sweets
12-11-17, 12:52 AM
I am trying to do the current goal. I just used gems to finish baking 4 candy canes. I've gotten credit for only one. The last batch of 5 only gave me credit for only 1 candy cane also.
I do not have time to keep redoing the same thing. It also uses up my resources. I need help please.
This has happened in the past. I filled out your form and all I got back was an email telling me to go though forum.
Please help. I don't want the problem to steal my efforts and end up with nothing.

giadyl
12-12-17, 01:26 PM
Same thing has happened to me in both instances.

pixiegamer
12-12-17, 02:35 PM
This may be a game synchronization issue - please check your internet connection to make sure your connection is stable when playing Bakery Story.

lambysheep
12-12-17, 06:48 PM
I just finished the candy cane goal yesterday and unlocked all of the candy canes. Today they are missing from my oven! The only recipe I have now is the candy cane cake. What is going on???

Jojocl141587
12-12-17, 06:53 PM
So I just seen someone?s commenting saying they now only had the candy cane cake recipe available so I checked my candy cane maker and sure enough I have only that as well. Storm8 has some explaining to do. We did not work our butts off trying to make all those 9 hour candy cane recipes for them to just be taken away after! Had I known I probably wouldn?t have bothered or bought so many ovens! I want my candy canes

Update:

The new Candy Cane recipes have been fixed, you should see them back on your oven.
If you do not see them, please restart your device/force close and reopen the game.

The original Candy Cane was correctly removed as previous.

gabrie11a
12-12-17, 07:02 PM
Just checked mine and wow really i unlocked all those candy canes for nothing. That is so wrong

Jojocl141587
12-12-17, 07:06 PM
Just checked mine and wow really i unlocked all those candy canes for nothing. That is so wrong

Right?! I bought 9 of those ovens to make sure I finished on time, the most I’ve EVER bought for ANY goal. Hopefully they fix this tomorrow

njbhugjjgnj
12-12-17, 07:09 PM
Right?! I bought 9 of those ovens to make sure I finished on time, the most I’ve EVER bought for ANY goal. Hopefully they fix this tomorrow.

Don't you know it's against S8 law to keep any Candy Cane recipes ?o?? Lol

gabrie11a
12-12-17, 07:15 PM
Right?! I bought 9 of those ovens to make sure I finished on time, the most I’ve EVER bought for ANY goal. Hopefully they fix this tomorrow

I bought 7 i already had the fountain but i wanted all the candy canes plus having a second fountain would be nice just to have when i expand.. Very disappointed..

paulinabracho
12-12-17, 07:20 PM
Omg I cannot believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely hope it's just a glitch.

Really!!!!!!

rocketsmama
12-12-17, 07:34 PM
WOW. Really? Unbelievable....

CandyFlossCoffeeBakery
12-12-17, 07:40 PM
I’M MAD. I hope it’s a glitch. They don’t put “... days/hours left” to cook like they used to.

kianetruefaux
12-12-17, 07:50 PM
i am in shock. the candy canes returned while i was away so i couldn't make it to the forum to celebrate with you all yet but i did play enough to unlock the recipes. i couldn't believe they'd returned. now, i can't believe they're gone -- again!! i couldn't finish the goal so i only did the unlocking of the recipes. i'd already started to attempt to master the candy canes because i feared they'd go away again. i served the batch i had, opened the recipe book to cook some more and saw nothing but the candy cake -- again. i'm stunned.

please, s8, please, give the candy canes back to us. i'm sure you didn't mean to do this. please, work to put it back. please, don't make the decision not to put it back. :(

diaperrash99
12-12-17, 07:50 PM
So what are the deal?!?!?! I was working on my recipes and filling up the place with candy canes. Is this for real?

pixiegamer
12-12-17, 07:53 PM
Flagging this over - thank you all for the heads-up!

paulinabracho
12-12-17, 07:54 PM
Hey guys.. do yiu remember what the pop up about "candy canes being back" said? I recall something limited.. if we could see it again it would answer us?

Coz I really don't want to believe we just lost other recipes..

(Sorry 4 the previous double post \_o_/)

marylou15
12-12-17, 08:06 PM
Mine are gone as well. I dont remember seeing anything about the recipes was limited time only. Give them back, give them back, give them back

sugarpiesweetiecakes
12-12-17, 08:14 PM
Now I have 6 candy cane ovens, two candy cane fountains and one recipe. Sigh.

peppy903
12-12-17, 08:18 PM
We brought the ovens with 6 recipes on them, I finished the goal, they should still be there, that's how I purchased them, that's fraud.

tkaske
12-12-17, 08:19 PM
I am MAD!

Sammysimsville
12-12-17, 08:22 PM
Really hope this is a glitch.

Sammysimsville
12-12-17, 08:38 PM
Hey guys.. do yiu remember what the pop up about "candy canes being back" said? I recall something limited.. if we could see it again it would answer us?

Coz I really don't want to believe we just lost other recipes..

(Sorry 4 the previous double post \_o_/)

Limited normally means the oven vanishes and cannot be purchased after the time limit expires?

Bailey2005
12-12-17, 08:41 PM
The candy cane recipes all disappeared when the new goals appeared this evening....please fix!

rusticjess
12-12-17, 08:42 PM
At the same time I also noticed that peppermint mocha is on the drink machine now, what does that mean?

sgoetzinger99
12-12-17, 08:45 PM
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Not only are all the candy cane recipes gone, but they have started a new goal 4 hours after the last one ended. I am not a rat in a maze, and this is not the Bataan Death March! This about does it for me.

paulinabracho
12-12-17, 08:52 PM
Limited normally means the oven vanishes and cannot be purchased after the time limit expires?

Yeah that's why we have to pay attention :/ sugar coater, dehydrator & a few other ovens came back and then were removed.

But in this case I really believe it's a glitc there's something odd and pixiegamer will flag already so.. lets hope ^_^

paulinabracho
12-12-17, 08:53 PM
At the same time I also noticed that peppermint mocha is on the drink machine now, what does that mean?

May be part of this new goal

kayjco
12-12-17, 08:56 PM
RS recipes disappeared after the goal, too. Not from goal ovens, but still. They got zapped with no warning that they were LTO or anything. Now the candy canes. I'm noticing a pattern. A bad pattern.

pipipooh1977
12-12-17, 09:04 PM
I lost my recipes too! This better be a glitch otherwise it was a waste of resources to even build one of them!:mad: PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Deanas_desserts
12-12-17, 09:12 PM
Mine are too what happened!?

jesslau9
12-12-17, 09:13 PM
So disappointing. What's the point of unlocking receipes if they are gone after events. No incentives to unlock receipes. Why are candy canes so special they refuse to give it to us

BellasHouse1
12-12-17, 09:17 PM
I would LOVE to know why all the new recipes for the candy cane oven disappeared as soon as the new goal started. There are 3 new recipes...ALL with 9 hour times and we had these for less than 2 weeks? Seriously? I'm maxed on all of my appliances and was hoping I would have time to make these on the Candy Cane oven. What's the point of introducing new recipes if you're going to just take them away???!!!!???:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:: mad::mad::mad:

sus520
12-12-17, 09:24 PM
Yes!!! I knew I couldn't possibly finish the goal, but I still unlocked all recipes. Now... they are gone! I used gems... not happy... not falling for that again.

kianetruefaux
12-12-17, 09:25 PM
So disappointing. What's the point of unlocking receipes if they are gone after events. No incentives to unlock receipes. Why are candy canes so special they refuse to give it to us

there must be a candy cane grinch living in our bakeries lol

sus520
12-12-17, 09:29 PM
Yeah... I used 40+ gems on this!! Still failed because it was impossible, but I thought I'd at least unlock all recipes. I did!! Gone... !!!

bujimm
12-12-17, 09:49 PM
-Cries- Waaaaa them disappear :c

gabbysmom87
12-12-17, 09:53 PM
This is ridiculous.

R2kittykats
12-12-17, 10:09 PM
Mad, not happy at all after purchasing 6 of the ovens.....now we?re having another new goal, shm ;(

HappyHeartBakery
12-12-17, 10:14 PM
I built ovens, already had 2 hr recipe mastered previously, cooked away, opened all recipes & completed goal. And NOW all the recipes are gone besides the 2 hr one. I had already mastered the 9 hr candy canes as well, so where did these disappear to at least. ALL OF THESE NEW RECIPES SHOULD BE THERE. THIS MUST BE A GLITCH, OTHEREISE ITS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Car7546
12-12-17, 10:22 PM
:( :( I am in complete shock! I was clearing the last candy canes from my ovens that I needed for the goal before it was to finish & my bakery refreshed while I was clearing them! When my bakery was done refreshing, I got a pop up telling me that the goal had finished & I only had the option to click finish. When I did, I then got another pop up right away that showed me the new 15 day goal stuff! I noticed when I went back into my candy cane oven that I?m now only able to make the candy cane cake and it seems that everyone is having the same issue! I was clearing my candy canes finishing the goal in time, so I?m really hoping that S8 will give me the Recipes at least if they fix that! I don?t care if I get the fountain as I already had one from buying it before.

Please fix this problem S8 and please, please, please, don?t make so many long bakes for the 5 day goals! I?m usually able to complete the 5 day goals, even though I?m only able to buy & build 4 ovens total for these goals due to lack of coins if I want to be able to bake what I need for the goal. I?m lucky enough to have great neighbors who send me parts that I ask for, so I usually have extra parts before goals even start if S8 uses parts for the ovens from our inventories.

I?m happy with the goals as they?ve been for the most part except for this one. I especially like these quick five-day goals that bring back some of the older ovens with new recipes as I?ve been hoping to be able to get the older ovens! Thank you for making it possible for those of us who don?t have the older ovens & some of the older decorations to be able to get them this way! Just a suggestion though S8, it would be nice if we were able to get more than just one of the older decorations if we finish the goal in time. It?s easier to decorate with more than one of something!

Sebsmommy15
12-12-17, 10:24 PM
A mod already flagged this over to the team meaning that it’s a glitch! They will bring it back.... I hope!

kianetruefaux
12-12-17, 10:33 PM
A mod already flagged this over to the team meaning that it?s a glitch! They will bring it back.... I hope!

they took it away the first time by (what i believe to be a) mistake. we asked for it back. one year passed. two. three. it never came back. search candy canes on this forum and you'll see the threads that go back for years, lol. lots of those big players don't even play anymore.

so, this time, i really, really hope they return it. they could just as easily ignore it. it seems to be a problematic item for them. but, you've got our support s8, please, return the candy canes back to the candy cane maker!

Sammysimsville
12-12-17, 10:34 PM
A mod already flagged this over to the team meaning that it’s a glitch! They will bring it back.... I hope!

No... Pixie flagged it for clarification. She may reply that there is no glitch and it was working as intended. We have no official word that I have seen saying it was a bug.

kayjco
12-12-17, 10:36 PM
A mod already flagged this over to the team meaning that it?s a glitch! They will bring it back.... I hope!
I don't think it's a glitch. Same thing happened in RS.

Jojocl141587
12-12-17, 10:42 PM

Those weren’t recipes we earned though through a goal. Those were recipes that were part of the side goal for the winter is coming main goal. I don’t think it’s the same situation at all. There was a glitch on RS with the turkey cooker where the added recipes ended up being relocked at the end but they did fix that

Sammysimsville
12-12-17, 10:43 PM

This is why many gamers refuse to spend any money on mobile games.

Angelhealing
12-12-17, 10:47 PM
Me too, quitting another acct. on BS &RS, have 1 left, if no improvement come the new year, I'm done for good & not looking back! Last straw, better bring back candy canes we worked so hard for.😣😤😬

Sebsmommy15
12-12-17, 10:49 PM
No... Pixie flagged it for clarification. She may reply that there is no glitch and it was working as intended. We have no official word that I have seen saying it was a bug.

Sorry I Word my response wrong I meant to say it May Be a glitch if it was flagged over... it could mean like you said for clarification I never intend to say what I said was official lol

Sammysimsville
12-12-17, 10:54 PM
Sorry I Word my response wrong I meant to say it May Be a glitch if it was flagged over... it could mean like you said for clarification I never intend to say what I said was official lol

No worries, just didn't want others getting wrong info :)

KadeeDid
12-12-17, 11:41 PM
I finished the goal but was working on mastering. I would have concentrated on one recipe if I had known. I stopped one S8 game a year ago due to glitches and have basically stopped a couple others the past month.

Sebsmommy15
12-12-17, 11:51 PM
No worries, just didn't want others getting wrong info :)

Oh trust me, I can be one of those people, sorry again! I should proof-read more often! Haha

LydiasLicks
12-13-17, 12:46 AM
I had all of the candy cane recipes opened‼️ What happened⁉️ Please bring them back ASAP‼️

meggymoo141
12-13-17, 01:05 AM
Can?t believe the Candy canes have all disappeared, WHAT was the point in this goal??? They looked so pretty, that was the reason I raced to unlock them. Shame on you S8...

Marischa764
12-13-17, 01:15 AM
this is really disgusting, seems like there working one mad man, without creativity, who is very greedy and loves to fool his clients.

ladyinhotpink
12-13-17, 01:53 AM
Guys and gals I am in the same boat as all of you. I went to check on my bakery only to find that I have only the candy cane cake! Really! TL was this intentional!? If so not a good move! Bring back our candy canes for now so we can have time to level up our recipes can someone please let us know what is going on?

xOxSparklingShimmerxOx
12-13-17, 02:02 AM
I was just going to post a thread about this I swear I had enough time to do everything and I had Alot of them that were unlocked and then all of a sudden they went back to like one recipe and reset itself what is going on and even I had food done on my stoves and when I clicked to feed the customers they disappeared

Rollostreats
12-13-17, 02:37 AM
Same here all candy canes gone only candy cane cake recipe left in candy cane maker??

ksbmommy
12-13-17, 03:51 AM
I wish they would stop playing around with the recipes on the ovens - we work hard to unlock them. The appliances and recipes should stay put, no messing around taking them away once we've earned them. Please just stop it!

freesiawoods
12-13-17, 04:19 AM
Give them back, S8! :mad:

jesslau9
12-13-17, 04:19 AM

A very spoilt kid hoarding the candy canes. What can they lose by letting us keep the recipes we unlocked. I didn't manage to unlock the root beer but I was excited to be able to make 3 types of candy canes for the holidays
Not to mention the event was so short

Aarafel
12-13-17, 05:29 AM
My ovens did this too. The only recipe is for candy cane cake.

princessmay2013
12-13-17, 06:18 AM
Same here too. I unlocked everything then today they are gone but just the candy cane cake.

EdiiLouise
12-13-17, 07:17 AM
So you saying that we completed the goal for nothing? What's the point? All the time and effort for them to be wiped from the ovens.... What a complete waste of time... Never again

catprint
12-13-17, 07:24 AM
I hope this is some kind of mistake. Maybe they wanted to just remove “candy canes” (like they always do) and the other 3 candy cane recipes got removed by mistake. I don’t know. I hope even if it wasn’t a mistake, that they reverse the decision and give us our recipes back.

Usually when a recipe is limited time only, it ends when the goal timer ends. That’s been the trend for this year anyway. But to only give us 5 days with candy canes is ridiculous. And it was very misleading. Because I thought the recipe was back for good. I thought S8 listened to us for once. L o l nah.

At MINIMUM, we should get the 3 newer ones back and to keep for good. We should also get candy canes back for good but that’s less likely to happen since they looove to remove that one for some reason.

Another thing: they need to put timers back on a recipe if it is limited so there is no confusion about when it will leave. That just seems like common sense. It’s also courteous.

njbhugjjgnj
12-13-17, 07:36 AM
TL was courteous by giving us a heads up. With S8,it's just misunderstandings or no communication at all until the event is over and we're left angry and dumbfounded. Thing's aren't getting better with BS/RS and it's just sad bc I've been playing for over 4 yrs. Walking away from my precious bakery,nbrs and here is so hard but,I can't take much more of this and I refuse to be loyal to a company that cares less of me and cares more for my $. Shame on you!

kimcar31
12-13-17, 08:09 AM
I noticed the same thing this morning. I tried a couple of times to send in a help request and 1st time was told they don't give hints so closed my ticket. I wasn't asking for hints but was asking where the candy canes went. The second time my ticket was closed and I was told they don't have enough people to answer question for BS and that I'd have to go to the forums.

joym1969
12-13-17, 08:12 AM
Mine too.

bravewarrior
12-13-17, 08:41 AM

Please note that the Grinch liked Christmas. He just hated people and being nice to them.

dontidae
12-13-17, 08:57 AM
Yeah, what's the deal????

Juey_
12-13-17, 09:04 AM
Everybody loves candy canes and we have worked so hard for em... how come not a single little waring before removing?

This better should be a bug or S8 you come up with a very good explanation!

sunnyDreams
12-13-17, 09:16 AM
This is bad

When they take recipes away, they don’t always give them back.

They removed the adorable jack-o’-lantern ice cream from the ice cream maker years ago and NEVER bought it back.

kieranyeow
12-13-17, 09:21 AM
Everybody loves candy canes and we have worked so hard for em... how come not a single little waring before removing?

This better should be a bug or S8 you come up with a very good explanation!

We are waitin for your explanation dear S8 , we would like to know what's happening.

catprint
12-13-17, 09:25 AM
It is now almost 8:30 AM where S8 is located so hopefully they are in the office now and we will hear something from them soon or that the recipes will be put back. We shall see.

LadyEna
12-13-17, 09:30 AM
S8 should at least restore the Candy Canes through the Holidays!

As I see it, I'm thinking they are about to blow this Popstand after the
New Year. I'm really sad, BS & RS were the top of 3 games I have
thoroughly enjoyed! (CS was #1 to me, until I couldn't play because of crashing)

Here's to hoping there will be a New Year for their games!

kieranyeow
12-13-17, 09:37 AM
I kept telling myself it's just a glitch and they won't remove the old goal recipe from basic oven too , we believe in you please dont let us down. I'm so worried that they will abandon the game :'( DONT

bluewhale89
12-13-17, 10:38 AM
What I will do with 8 ovens? This is totally a complete mess and I really hope they fix this... but this is too much. Is like they trying us to leave this game.

snowlorelei
12-13-17, 10:41 AM
i'm so disappointed that the candy canes were removed. i kind of couldn't believe it, since they were available for such a short time. i pretty much never bother to post on these kinds of things, but this is really bad. i'm so glad people are speaking up! i've been playing this game for probably as long as it's existed, so i'm really sad to see this kind of thing happening. it feels really disloyal to those of us who have stuck by the game for so long.
i really hope they fix this!

amerirish
12-13-17, 10:45 AM
I am so mad about the recipes disappearing :mad: once we unlock a recipe it should be ours forever. I have a few recipes that are "locked by goal" which is annoying but somewhat understandable - but taking recipes away after we unlock them is unforgivable :mad:

LindaLou22
12-13-17, 10:56 AM
I made it through the goal because I already had 4 ovens but I built 4 more to accomplish this more quickly and what happens!@# they take away all the recipes!!!! I am sooooo MAD!! I have 8 ovens with 1 recipe which I had mastered years ago!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT OR FAIR~~~~ this is making it much easier for me to quit with this game I have played for 7 or 8 years and I have spent thousands on gems!~~

endupus
12-13-17, 11:39 AM
I would LOVE to know why all the new recipes for the candy cane oven disappeared as soon as the new goal started. There are 3 new recipes...ALL with 9 hour times and we had these for less than 2 weeks? Seriously? I'm maxed on all of my appliances and was hoping I would have time to make these on the Candy Cane oven. What's the point of introducing new recipes if you're going to just take them away???!!!!???:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:: mad::mad::mad:

Yes, I don't get it ! The only recipe I see is for the candy cake of 2 hours which I have already mastered years ago. Is this a glitch ?? Are you going to fix this and add the new candy cane recipes which were recently introduced ?? Please do this. There is no point in adding those for a week and taking them all away. Seriously disappointed :mad:

endupus
12-13-17, 11:40 AM
Please bring all the new recipes back. Why did you take them away ??? Is this a bloody glitch ????

kooky panda
12-13-17, 11:47 AM
It is now almost 8:30 AM where S8 is located so hopefully they are in the office now and we will hear something from them soon or that the recipes will be put back. We shall see.
The team is currently looking into this.

catprint
12-13-17, 11:47 AM
Thank you for the reply and sticky <3

rosewaterlily
12-13-17, 11:49 AM
I?m guessing the code for the new candy canes was copied from the original candy cane that always mysteriously gets taken away for no good reason, so they disappeared when the regular candy canes left. But it?s absolutely ridiculous to have recipes that were unlocked by goals taken away, people spent lots of coins and some even gems on extra ovens under the assumption that they would have the new recipes to master and decorate with because goal recipes have never been taken away. I originally had one candy cane maker that had both old recipes mastered and there would have been no need to buy any extra machines for the goals if not for the new candy canes since I already had the fountain, but now I just have five useless candy cane makers.

catprint
12-13-17, 11:51 AM
I believe it wasn't intentional. Check out the sticky thread that kooky just stickied. We will hear something soon, I think!!

catprint
12-13-17, 11:52 AM
@Golfguy, this is a different thread. The other one is sticky-ed.

Golfguy1950
12-13-17, 11:53 AM
Thank you, catprint

catprint
12-13-17, 11:54 AM
Editing post since other post was edited lol. You're welcome!! :) Glad to help.

Jojocl141587
12-13-17, 12:05 PM
The team is currently looking into this.

Thank you for the update

SunUpSunDown
12-13-17, 12:27 PM
Candy canes are back on my Stove! One recipe missing.

catprint
12-13-17, 12:30 PM
The three new recipes are back. The candy canes recipe itself that was already limited...isn't back for me.

SunUpSunDown
12-13-17, 12:32 PM
[attach=config]40726

kooky panda
12-13-17, 12:35 PM
The new Candy Cane recipes have been fixed, you should see them back on your oven.
If you do not see them, please restart your device/force close and reopen the game.

Jojocl141587
12-13-17, 12:35 PM
So we don’t get the original candy canes? That’s sad but at least I have the recipes I worked hard for I guess

catprint
12-13-17, 12:36 PM
This is the result I expected tbh. At least it's something. Thank you. :)

diaperrash99
12-13-17, 12:44 PM
YAY THANK YOU!!!

I see my candy canes back :):):)

gabrie11a
12-13-17, 12:45 PM
Thank you

paulinabracho
12-13-17, 01:04 PM
Whhaaaaaat a relief! !!!!! !

But candy canes could be available as well huh

kieranyeow
12-13-17, 01:14 PM
Thank you for fixing it S8 ! THANK YOU :D

callmetired
12-13-17, 01:22 PM
Well, at least I was able to finish mastering the regular canes before they were cruelly stolen. Again.

Golfguy1950
12-13-17, 01:27 PM
Well, at least I was able to finish mastering the regular canes before they were cruelly stolen. Again.

Lucky you, I was only a couple short of mastery.
Would have been nice to be able to serve classic candy canes in the future.

catprint
12-13-17, 01:38 PM
I completely agree with you. Sucks :( but I'm grateful for the 3 new recipes back.

Juey_
12-13-17, 02:00 PM
May I ask why have the Red Candy Canes are been removed... Is it coming back or gone for good?!

Jojocl141587
12-13-17, 02:31 PM
May I ask why have the Red Candy Canes are been removed... Is it coming back or gone for good?!

They’re gone. They were always meant to be a limited time recipe this time around but I wish we could’ve at the very least had them until maybe after Christmas.

gabbysmom87
12-13-17, 02:55 PM
They're back! Oh yeah, not the red ones though. That's silly.

callmetired
12-13-17, 03:01 PM
Am I the only one to assume an appliance called "Candy Cane Maker" would have (gasp) candy canes? Red and white typical candy canes?

They should NEVER have been removed. NEVER.

Why not an ice cream maker that doesn't make ice cream?

bluewhale89
12-13-17, 03:13 PM
I'm really glad it was a glitch! Thanks S8.

ST4CoolGames
12-13-17, 03:41 PM
Am I the only one to assume an appliance called "Candy Cane Maker" would have (gasp) candy canes? Red and white typical candy canes?

They should NEVER have been removed. NEVER.

Why not an ice cream maker that doesn't make ice cream?

Exactly.

Juey_
12-13-17, 04:03 PM
What is the fun making all the other candy canes through out the holidays except the basic red once... shouldn't have hurt been available for the whole Christmas season S8.

KadeeDid
12-13-17, 06:09 PM
If I had realized, I would have concentrated on original Candy Cane. I was a few short of mastering but was working on the others too. I was mixing it up by making all 4 at once. :-(

Fortunately I have already mastered Peppermint Mocha so will work on the other 3 recipes.

Car7546
12-13-17, 06:21 PM
Thank you S8 for fixing the glitch with the candy cane oven recipes so quickly! It?s too bad that we weren?t able to have the regular candy canes recipe until after Christmas before having it removed, but we do have the rest back so again, Thank you! I am glad to have the recipes even if I don?t get the candy cane fountain from the goal as I said before. It would have been nice to have had the second one for my bakery, but I will take the recipes as consolation. Now I just need to level the recipes all up!

MrPiMan
12-13-17, 08:42 PM
I?ll betcha that someone in their haste to fix the missing candy cane recipes mistake forgot to add the regular candy canes back into the oven. I wouldn?t be surprised if it reappeares in the next few days.

jesslau9
12-13-17, 08:46 PM
Exactly.
We don't even get it till Christmas :(

Lolo5216
12-13-17, 10:42 PM
Yup, a couple of days ago I was making the regular Candy Canes (which I have been making since 2012) then it disappeared shortly after my batch was done and was left with only the Candy Cane Cakes for the Candy Cane Oven. Today 4 different Candy Cane goals showed up but the original Candy Cane receipe is still missing....🙁Hope Teamlava fix it soon and restore the Candy Canes.

joeybasenji
12-14-17, 01:40 AM
thank you S8 for giving us the 3 recipies back

pumpkita
12-14-17, 07:30 AM
I am still missing the normal candy cane recipi, but have the apple, grape and root. Why?

kianetruefaux
12-14-17, 09:34 AM
i am so angry. there was no indication the original candy cane recipe was back for a limited time (there was no timer on it). i'm so over this. i don't care about the "new" candy canes. for goodness sakes, PLEASE, put the original candy canes back into the candy cane maker. how can anyone accept this? why can't we have the original candy canes on the candy cane maker as was intended when the appliance was first introduced? i would have skipped the whole stupid fake goal and concentrated on making as much original candy canes to last in my bakery.

you all are ok with this????

there is no future in this game. it was already obvious before but the end is hurling faster and faster now. why bother buying gems from now on?

Zippymonkey1216
12-14-17, 09:34 AM
Ok when I heard the candy canes were back I dumped ovens with food on them so I could make more candy,but no plain canes. Just flavored ones. Has this happened to anyone else?

kianetruefaux
12-14-17, 09:39 AM

dear mod, please, tell the team we need the original candy canes back. we worked so hard on this impossible goal. please, ask them to put the original ones back and let them stay there.

at the very least bring them back for the christmas sale or something. this goal has been such a fiasco.

wcd9551
12-14-17, 10:46 AM
We worked so hard to get the regular candy canes that we’ve been missing!! I was super excited to finally get the candy canes back and now they’re gone. Really sad and I hope that they come back another time with at least a warning that they might leave.

amerirish
12-14-17, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the news kooky. Are they back for good or will they disappear/expire again?

Lolo5216
12-14-17, 07:42 PM
Does everyone have the goals for the different flavored candy canes? I see them in the Candy Cane Oven but don’t have the goals for them; I only have the goals for the Blue Gift Oven. If there are Candy Cane goals, when do they end?

Jojocl141587
12-14-17, 08:48 PM
Does everyone have the goals for the different flavored candy canes? I see them in the Candy Cane Oven but don’t have the goals for them; I only have the goals for the Blue Gift Oven. If there are Candy Cane goals, when do they end?

They ended two days ago I think? It was only a 5 day goal

Lolo5216
12-14-17, 08:59 PM
Wow, that was short - thanks.

sadieroo24
12-14-17, 11:04 PM
Re

VanaCatu
12-14-17, 11:39 PM
okay, guys... :)

"original" candy canes were not a regular part of candy cane maker.

this appliance was released in december 2011 and had ONLY Candy Cane Cake (2hrs).
(and this cake was initially goal locked (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?22976), btw! - thanks to kianetruefaux for recalling that)

"original" Candy Canes were added in february 2012 together with LIMITED / SEASONAL stuff for v'day, and were removed respectively after about month or so - this is how it looked for me, and thanks again to kianetruefaux, apparently they were back for the rest of the year 2012, and then removed for good.

during couple of past years candy canes were re-listed in this appliance +/- in same season as they were first released, as LIMITED / SEASONAL.

so, please, let's just sit and wait for february.
mayby smth will happen to them again.
maybe not.
but they were never meant to stay.
just deal with it :)

kianetruefaux
12-15-17, 12:15 AM
okay, guys... :)

"original" candy canes NEVER were a regular part of candy cane maker.

this appliance was released in december 2011 and had ONLY Candy Cane Cake (2hrs).

"original" Candy Canes were added in february 2012 as LIMITED / SEASONAL recipe, and were removed respectively after about month or less.

during couple of past years candy canes were re-listed in this appliance +/- in same season as they were first released, again, as LIMITED / SEASONAL.

maybe not.

lol um yes let's just deal with it. let's wait until february when this game shuts down or whenever, like the other story games. there was no timer on the recipe to indicate they were only back for five days. all our goal candy canes disappeared at the same time. if s8 didn't put them back -- should we also deal with it?

if they want to remove them like the other limited time recipes, fine. at least, LET US KNOW with a timer on the recipe as they used to do. we had five days to do the goal, four 9hr candy cane recipes and a whole lot more basic food for the goals. this was all planned by s8? five days to do all this, build candy cane makers AND master the original candy canes (9hr) recipe? sure.

it doesn't matter anyway. they let over a hundred staff go at the beginning of the year and now they can't even spell "delecious" on the current goals. that's not a bright future or a company who knows what they're doing. i was going to buy the biggest gem pack this christmas as a thank you/farewell. guess that's not happening. nice knowing everyone here & enjoy your game.

(and for goodness sake, mod, don't delete this post. i didn't say anything that oversteps any line. i just want to be heard as a very long time PAYING customer of this game who's put up with everything else all this while.)

VanaCatu
12-15-17, 01:16 AM
lol um yes let's just deal with it. let's wait until february when this game shuts down or whenever, like the other story games. there was no timer on the recipe to indicate they were only back for five days. all our goal candy canes disappeared at the same time. if s8 didn't put them back -- should we also deal with it?

if they want to remove them like the other limited time recipes, fine. at least, LET US KNOW with a timer on the recipe as they used to do. we had five days to do the goal, four 9hr candy cane recipes and a whole lot more basic food for the goals. this was all planned by s8? five days to do all this, build candy cane makers AND master the original candy canes (9hr) recipe? sure.
in no way i told that we sd deal with "new" candy canes disappearance.
it was obvious glitch / inadvertence - to remove them right together with "original" ones from appliance & the whole appliance from the market.
and it must have been fixed.
this claim was equitable, because we worked our goals to get those recipes.

however, i've never seen any timers on limited recipes (maybe android issue?).
all i've seen, were announces they do kinda "grab one / cook them until they're gone" (like for limited recipes they've returned for running goals only).
and i agree, that candy canes announce was not clear. it didn't say that the machine and one recipe in it are only returned for 5 days.
(some of us suspected that, because "original" cc only appeared in feb during last years as i said, - but it does not mean that this fact must be default w/o alerts)

as to "this was all planned by s8? five days to do all this, build candy cane makers AND master the original candy canes (9hr) recipe? sure." - i also never objected that the "planning" / "schedule" of latest goals is not really "planning" but rather mess that doesn't match anything (see my comment (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102219-Candy-Cane-Goal-12-7-POLL-ADDED&p=1477626&viewfull=1#post1477626) in goal thread).

so, i'm not against ANY claims.
i just think we cannot claim for initially limited content to be made regular.
we can only claim for tasks to be "doable" / time to catch that content was appropriate.
and we can claim for proper announcements to look like this:
40796and not like this:

ps: oh well, you are right, "it doesn't matter anyway". as we can see in our mod's signature, "support services currently limited for bs and rs", so it does not really matter are we claiming or not and what for: limited content, proper timing, literate spelling, etc... obviously, this is only for our communication / talks :) not for "to do list", unfortunately...

kianetruefaux
12-15-17, 03:29 AM
...we can claim for proper announcements to look like this:
40796and not like this:

those two images you shared says it all, really. s8 can claim whatever they want about original candy canes being a limited time offer but that announcement clearly did not indicate any such thing. "candy canes have returned" sounds like they've returned the candy canes to the game. "make sure to also check out the new limited timed goals" sounds like, in addition to the return of the candy canes, you can participate in the goals which is on limited time (5 days.) whatever; s8 can keep their precious candy canes which according to them is supposed to be a february festive/seasonal recipe on a candy cane maker? lol yah okay. some users called this fraud, which, like the infamous gem traps, they are.

i'm familiar and agree with your past comments. i know you know how this game works. and the history of its "glitches". ;) it's noble of you to "roll with the punches". for this one time, though, i wanted to voice that what they did is unacceptable.

--

here is the timer on the recipe. it doesn't show on android, i guess.

https://i.imgur.com/SCuD4EQ.png

--

also, you're mistaken on the history/timeline of the candy cane maker (e.g. they were not removed a month after being introduced as a new, additional recipe to an appliance) so, please, check your pm.

VanaCatu
12-15-17, 04:12 AM
first time ever i see this type of pic! :D

the only timers in bs/rs i ever had are those in market tab during sales.

well, android & ios differences between s8 games are also smth not really fair to this or that group of users.
but this is completely different story... lol ))))

kooky panda
12-15-17, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the news kooky. Are they back for good or will they disappear/expire again?
I checked and was told they are back for good! ;)

squishyhoney1210
12-15-17, 03:22 PM
I totally agree with kianetruefaux.
Objectively, there was no clear communication made with regards to the removal of the classic candy cane recipe once the 5-day goal was up.

In all of the recent ultra-short limited time goals with re-released ovens - Bakesgiving for example (Popcorn/Turkey cooker in Restaurant) - all the recipes were not removed upon completion or expiry of the goal.
So, naturally, regular players who participate in such goals would have made the same assumption of unlocking all recipes - especially as there was no time-marker on any of the recipe, nor a clear message/screen prompt.

While I am grateful and thankful with S8 fixing the 'glitches', this whole situation seems rather bizarre to me.
If they still wanted to make the classic candy cane an absolutely exclusive, rare, limited time offer recipe, they could have at least made it available until Christmas, perhaps?

I just can't comprehend why S8 is so adamant in taking away the classic candy cane recipe.

Citrie
12-15-17, 08:20 PM
maybe not.

What happens in February? (Sorry if I missed a post!)

kieranyeow
12-15-17, 11:01 PM
well , whatever it is , i don't hope to see BS shut down.

kianetruefaux
12-15-17, 11:08 PM
I checked and was told they are back for good! ;)

@kooky panda

how about the original candy canes? can we have them for christmas at least? please, help check in and put in a good word for us. thank you!

Jojocl141587
12-15-17, 11:44 PM
Yes, what’s happening in February??

kianetruefaux
12-15-17, 11:49 PM
What happens in February? (Sorry if I missed a post!)

Yes, what’s happening in February??

vanacatu was just saying that traditionally the candy canes recipe appear in our game in february. she's not saying anything is happening in february.

Jojocl141587
12-16-17, 12:59 AM
vanacatu was just saying that traditionally the candy canes recipe appear in our game in february. she's not saying anything is happening in february.

Ohhhh ok. Hmm February is an odd time for candy canes lol

kayjco
12-16-17, 01:48 AM
I remember Candy Canes in February.

We had Candy Canes available for Valentine's Day, but not for Christmas.

Sometimes I feel like the labrynth that is Storm8 logic has no exit.

MrPiMan
12-17-17, 02:47 PM
I sure would like the opportunity to make classic candy canes for Christmas ? and enough time to finish the other candy cane recipes. I wish S8 would communicate enough to let us know if removing the classic candy cane is a mistake or part of a larger overall strategy.