PDA

View Full Version : How is this possible?

sunshine56
03-22-11, 10:49 PM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4208/88643291.png

I came across this city in the Community section. That's insane! What really caught my eye was the level 97.

Is this legit? Maybe someone from TL, or a hack?

clhs
03-23-11, 03:02 AM
They do have a lot of special items but that could be that they have simply spent a lot of real money on those chests. But yes, it's legit to be on level 97; I am currently on level 95 (about to hit level 96 later today): add me if you'd like to see. :) CLHS

lesleypsg1
03-23-11, 03:25 AM
I'm level 91 myself. Does appear they bought a few boxes. I have several neighbours in all games who buy the boxes. Some keep all items out, some change them up. I'm not seeing anything unusual about it. Especially as it's a long term player. Wonder what they'll think of their place posted here and the topic? 

chvchv
03-23-11, 07:44 AM
Technically it is not possible. The gap between Level 96 and 97 is over 9 Million XP. There is no way to earn that many XP, not even by purchasing vast amounts of magic cases.

I think it is either a hack from the early days where there was a bug in the software which allowed the user to earn XP very very fast or it is a test city from TL.

sunshine56
03-23-11, 03:51 PM
But yes, it's legit to be on level 97; I am currently on level 95 (about to hit level 96 later today): add me if you'd like to see. :) CLHS

But 96 is meant to be the last level. I've been 96 since they changed it from 75, and like chvchv said, you need over 9 million XP to hit the next level (which would be 97). Can't be done, as far as I know anyway...that's why I asked, lol.

Donnahh
03-23-11, 04:57 PM
My vote is a TL city, simply because no sane person spends so much cash on magic items from boxes ...

clhs
03-24-11, 03:20 AM
But 96 is meant to be the last level. I've been 96 since they changed it from 75, and like chvchv said, you need over 9 million XP to hit the next level (which would be 97). Can't be done, as far as I know anyway...that's why I asked, lol.

Ah, that I did not know! One learns something every day...

janisz
03-24-11, 07:56 AM
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4208/88643291.png

I came across this city in the Community section. That's insane! What really caught my eye was the level 97.

Is this legit? Maybe someone from TL, or a hack?

I came across a 98 level city!!! And I was wondering the same thing: I'm on lvl96 and it takes more than 9million xp to the next lvl! How on earth did they get to 97 or 98?!?!?
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/12537f19.jpg
Sorry I couldn't turn the photo...

chvchv
03-24-11, 09:36 AM
It's a (early-factory-bug) ***** or a TL test city. There is no f*****g way to get to that level by playing the game right.

sunshine56
03-24-11, 01:40 PM
I came across a 98 level city!!! And I was wondering the same thing: I'm on lvl96 and it takes more than 9million xp to the next lvl! How on earth did they get to 97 or 98?!?!?
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz145/tzupuras/12537f19.jpg
Sorry I couldn't turn the photo...

That's okay, I can still see it. I can't believe there's more than one...I say hack! I don't think TL would need more than one test city, lol.

janisz
03-24-11, 01:49 PM
That's okay, I can still see it. I can't believe there's more than one...I say hack! I don't think TL would need more than one test city, lol.

Maybe there's another explanation for this: they put the limit on lvl96 after they went past this level... I was on Elizabeth's wall and everyone is calling her a *****er and that might be very wrong! I don't think there is any way of *****ing in these games... And I hate when people jump to conclusion and start calling names... It's rude!

lesleypsg1
03-24-11, 02:07 PM
Maybe there's another explanation for this: they put the limit on lvl96 after they went past this level... I was on Elizabeth's wall and everyone is calling her a *****er and that might be very wrong! I don't think there is any way of *****ing in these games... And I hate when people jump to conclusion and start calling names... It's rude!

I completely agree with you. Sad. Human nature being what it is, people are want to jump to conclusions with little or no facts. Not sure why anyone would bother with name calling, or even care. What's it to anyone else? If it's a hack, the only ones hurt would be the company. If they don't care, why would anyone else.

chvchv
03-24-11, 03:52 PM
It's a hack/*****. Period! There is no way to gain enough XP to get to that level since the game is out. TeamLava does not care, because it does not hurt them or anyone else. TeamLava only wants her money. And it looks like she paid enough with all the magic case items.

If I would have found a way to ***** my way up to Level 500, then I would have done it too. It's a game. There is nothing that Elizabeth gained with the level she is on.... except for the level number.

sunshine56
03-24-11, 03:59 PM

They couldn't have though. The highest level before was 75. Once you hit 75, there was still a 9 million XP gap to 76 and beyond. I think these guys took advantage of that glitch way back when CS was first released. Then again, they had to have at least bought the recent cases because there are Holiday and Valentine items too.

mattdiner
03-24-11, 04:03 PM
They couldn't have though. The highest level before was 75. Once you hit 75, there was still a 9 million XP gap to 76 and beyond. I think these guys took advantage of that glitch way back when CS was first released. Then again, they had to have at least bought the recent cases because there are Holiday and Valentine items too.

In the latest update, the level cap was increased to level 96.

sunshine56
03-24-11, 09:09 PM
In the latest update, the level cap was increased to level 96.

I know, but both pictures show 97 and 98.

Rachael98
04-19-11, 05:31 PM
My vote is a TL city, simply because no sane person spends so much cash on magic items from boxes ...

Lol. You're a Senior Member. Surely that means that you like TL, so you should be saying how much you recommend spending money on CityCash/Gems*

*which don't appear. Could you, slightly less 'inner-circle' sort this out?

ahshan
04-19-11, 06:20 PM
Lol. You're a Senior Member. Surely that means that you like TL, so you should be saying how much you recommend spending money on CityCash/Gems*

*which don't appear. Could you, slightly less 'inner-circle' sort this out?

Obviously you didn't examine the picture. Most the items are from the boxes and there are well over 20 of them. That's at least 240 city cash which costs about $50. And I'm pretty sure that person couldn't fit all their buildings into their city. So there must be more.

And being a Senior member only means that you've posted more than 100 posts. Which obviously isn't that hard since you've just done it in the past few hours by bringing back dead threads. Just because one enjoys the game and likes helping the game and other players, doesn't mean they should want to buy city cash/gems. The poster said "so much cash", not just "cash". Some people wouldn't mind giving in $5 maybe $10 into the game, but $50-$100 could be used for something more useful, like donating it to a hobo on the street who really needs the money.

Don't tell people how they should be. Your post was inconsiderate. Please take time to think about all the possible reasons why that person would say what he/she said before you comment on it.

And you are totally off topic.

ON TOPIC: I don't think it's possible to hack in an app unless they hacked into TeamLava's database which would lead to legal problems cause it's kinda like breaking and entering. Possible glitch, or possible TL worker, or possibly the person spent loads of money to get that 9 million XP.

TheFluffySlipper
04-20-11, 03:19 AM
Some people wouldn't mind giving in $5 maybe $10 into the game, but $50-$100 could be used for something more useful, like donating it to a hobo on the street who really needs the money.

Off topic - in that same vein, we can't assume that this person doesn't give charitably! How they spend their own money is really none of our business ...

Back to these pics - hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. There doesn't really appear to be a simple explanation for it. The early glitch must have been before my time because I've never heard of it. Although, come to think of it, I did download it soon after it was released so perhaps I'm just gleefully ignorant!

sunshine56
04-20-11, 07:03 PM
Off topic - in that same vein, we can't assume that this person doesn't give charitably! How they spend their own money is really none of our business ...

Back to these pics - hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. There doesn't really appear to be a simple explanation for it. The early glitch must have been before my time because I've never heard of it. Although, come to think of it, I did download it soon after it was released so perhaps I'm just gleefully ignorant!

There was a glitch where you could duplicate items like the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building. Those who did so before the patch were able to keep what they duplicated because TL had no way of taking the items away.

TheFluffySlipper
04-21-11, 01:37 AM
There was a glitch where you could duplicate items like the Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building. Those who did so before the patch were able to keep what they duplicated because TL had no way of taking the items away.

Wow that's a real advantage isn't it?! I can see how something like the examples posted here could happen then.

Actually I saw something similar happening recently. Not sure which game, but people who purchased gem/cash items had an extra +1 showing in their stock. Turns out the people who took advantage of it and placed them in their games were charged the gems/cash again! I remember thinking at the time, well you really shouldn't have been exploiting it then huh?! Not fair they end up with their loot AND gems in the end anyway IMHO :(

sunshine56
04-21-11, 01:55 AM
Yeah, BIG advantage, especially when people spend actual money and end up with something they don't want while the person who took advantage has tons of the wanted item, lol.

But wow, you're giving TL ideas now! Not that if would affect me, but honestly, if the glitch wasn't caught beforehand, I don't think it's the customer's fault. I can't imagine the bill for those people...any link to an article about it or something? That's one way for a company to OWN their customers :D

TheFluffySlipper
04-21-11, 02:56 AM
I can't imagine the bill for those people...any link to an article about it or something?

Well I just plowed through 10 pages of GroupMagma's posts and couldn't find it. She had posted in the thread. I have no idea what game it was in relation to or when it happened. I'd say it was last month ... maybe. It didn't actually withdraw money from their credit card ... just from their gem/cash tally in the game so no big bills.

I'm sure someone will come along eventually, who knows about the issue.

sunshine56
04-21-11, 03:10 PM
Oh! I thought you meant they charged them for any gems/CC that went below 0. So like if they got 3 Magic Cases and only had 24 CC, they would've been charged for buying 48 CC. In-game charges still suck, but not bad overall if t hey were able to score some multiples of hard-to-get items.

ocdetails
05-05-11, 01:08 PM
You can't ever get to level 97 legitimately. It just isn't possible. Let's do the math... At over 9 million xp to get from 96 to 97 you would have to build 1800 Office Towers or 450 Statue of Liberty towers. That would be 3,600,000,000 coins either way. Earning 500,000 coins per day (not sure how, but just for the sake of argument...) that would take 7200 days to achieve. Just under 20 years!!! So don't anyone tell me it is possible.

If they didn't want to wait the 20 years, then I suppose they could always buy the coins if they wanted to. It would take 9000 blocks of 400,000 coins costing 100 bucks each to get to the required amount of coins to purchase enough towers to get to that level. If you paid cash for those bucks and converted them into coins, then it would cost $100 real dollars for every 2,320,000 coins. So 1552 purchases of $100 per pop equals $155,200 in real money to get from level 96 to 97. NOBODY is going to spend that kind of money!! They absolutely *****ed or exploited some sort of flaw in the software or work for Team Lava to get to that level. They might as well have put a sign up that says "That's it! You are done!" instead.

I think there should have been some sort of bonus for getting to level 96 if that is going to be the end. Instead I got nothing but the usual coins for the advance. Talk about a rip off....

xcellent
05-10-11, 12:43 AM
There is a ***** well known to old players b4 the update- the BCB way- or buying,cancel,buy.. If that player hasnt update the game,then he/she can still use that ***** since the factory experience output hasnt change..And there is still ***** after the update. Altho the "after *****" is only distributed to trusted people. Easy but risky. A friend told me about it, but do it in your own risk. Your phone might collapse.( dont wanna try it since it is risky). Lol.

And i also read that at level 98, u cannot open the game anymore. Those players were having hard time accessing their game. TL was said to be looking after that bug..

xcellent
05-10-11, 12:51 AM
Oh and btw, some people do really spend a lot in this game. I have a neighbor who used to spend weekly on gems but later stopped due to disappointment of not having enough space and annoyed at the latest update. If u happen to see her city, all items are from the special boxes, 24x24 grid. Not a single thing is from the common items that we see from the "build" icon ( aside from the road ofc. Lol). And it is not our business to say, give to charity instead of giving team lava..who knows what else she's doing with the rest of her money?

OT:
sorry for double posting. I dont know how to edit 

ocdetails
05-10-11, 08:30 AM
If the goal is to have a city that looks like a mixed bag of random buildings got dumped on it, then I guess that is fine. Most cities I see try to actually make it look like a functioning city with roads and the proper types of buildings. I suppose you could be truely OCD and NEED to buy one of everything simply because it exists. I've seen people play FarmVille like that. I've also seen those people live in the dark with nothing but their starving cats and bill collectors calling, so I'm not sure I want to go over the edge like that.

I think in the long run, the best thing to do is set a goal for your city and then stop playing when that goal is reached. I'm going to run my factories the rest of this week, but then on Sunday I'm shutting it down. There's nothing left for me to play for other than trying to maintain my 4 star rating. On Sunday I'm going to clean each of my neighbors' cities and leave them a note and walk away. I'll wait till there is something to play for before I come back, but more than likely I'll break the habit of checking my city every day by then. Unless they expand it again, I really don't see why I would keep playing.