PDA

View Full Version : New Land- Marble Island 2017!

Pages : [1] 2

FlatFoot
12-08-17, 02:44 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/Im5eg2QeYsEB74o/dragon_icon_expansion.png
"The waters around the Dragon Isles began to bubble as a long-forgotten island emerged from the depths! A magical bridge formed to connect it to the mainland, crafted from an ancient, carved marble stone. How the island rose from the sea will be debated by scholars for many years, but for now, it's yours to explore and grow!"

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/PcPvq9xZIV4LYoC/dragonStory_islandMap.png

Raw Marble
An abundance of beautiful Raw Marble has risen up from the seafloor with the new island. Baby dragons seem to find them very easily (might have something to do with them being close to the ground). Breeding dragons will help locate these pieces of Raw Marble that can then be used to help explore the new location by turning them into Marble Keys!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/646017/Oaj4Hh2N2qguwv7/item12009.png

Marble Keys
It seems that some archaic magic resides deep within the marble stone of the new island. When formed together and imbuded with magic, the marble seems to help expand the floating bridge and clear the untamed forest from a Caretaker's path. Collect Raw Marble and head over to the Spell Shop to create your own Marble Keys and go claim your Island!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/646017/oUDNJckqYrWqf0H/item12010.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/RZuNse4P6zv4CwD/spellShop_marbleKey.png

Habitats
Starting at level 80, players will see an increased amount of Habitats they may place on their Island! The initial bump at level 80 allows for 89 habitats (that's up from 72!) and players at level 200 will be able to place 325 habitats! That's a total increase of 85 habitats!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/L7bjpAIhwx7WnQJ/Flatfootsworld_512w.png

Improvements
We've also squeezed in a massive performance improvement for Dragon Story. Some of you on newer devices might not notice much, but those of you with slightly older models will hopefully see a great improvement of speed and gameplay!

DISCLAIMER: To provide an optimal experiance, the new land will be released to the public in waves. This helps us ensure that nothing is going wrong, and if so, we can quickly contain and fix it. If you update your game and do not see the new land, DO NO PANIC! You wil get it shortly.

ANDROID: If you play Dragon Story on Android, you'll be coming along for the ride! Just as with your iOS counterparts, the new land will slowly be expanded out to Android players. So if you do not see the new island just yet, DO NOT PANIC! We love you guys too and it'll rise from the ocean floor shortly as well.

FlatFoot
12-08-17, 02:45 PM
Additional Information added by Moderators.....

You will need to clear the land nearby the bridge to unlock land on the other side.

Elsa;1483955']If you don't have it, you need to update your app. If you're playing a seasonal edition, please go to the normal version and delete the seasonal one.

Every 4 hours of breeding gives you 1 RAW marble piece. Every 5 raw marble pieces you craft into a marble key that you use as a “key” to expand... first expansion takes 1 marble piece. Adjacent will take 2 keys (left). Or 3 keys (up-right). Or 10 keys (down-right). This expansion has varying amounts of keys needed depending on where you want to expand to.

If you want to bypass crafting pieces it’s 10 gold per marble key.

akashsjain
12-08-17, 05:47 PM
Yay!

skyharbor602
12-08-17, 06:00 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/Im5eg2QeYsEB74o/dragon_icon_expansion.png
"The waters around the Dragon Isles began to bubble as a long-forgotten island emerged from the depths! A magical bridge formed to connect it to the mainland, crafted from an ancient, carved marble stone. How the island rose from the sea will be debated by scholars for many years, but for now, it's yours to explore and grow!"

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/PcPvq9xZIV4LYoC/dragonStory_islandMap.png

Raw Marble
An abundance of beautiful Raw Marble has risen up from the seafloor with the new island. Baby dragons seem to find them very easily (might have something to do with them being close to the ground). Breeding dragons will help locate these pieces of Raw Marble that can then be used to help explore the new location by turning them into Marble Keys!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/646017/Oaj4Hh2N2qguwv7/item12009.png

Marble Keys
It seems that some archaic magic resides deep within the marble stone of the new island. When formed together and imbuded with magic, the marble seems to help expand the floating bridge and clear the untamed forest from a Caretaker's path. Collect Raw Marble and head over to the Spell Shop to create your own Marble Keys and go claim your Island!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/646017/oUDNJckqYrWqf0H/item12010.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/RZuNse4P6zv4CwD/spellShop_marbleKey.png

Habitats
Starting at level 80, players will see an increased amount of Habitats they may place on their Island! The initial bump at level 80 allows for 89 habitats (that's up from 72!) and players at level 200 will be able to place 325 habitats! That's a total increase of 85 habitats!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/L7bjpAIhwx7WnQJ/Flatfootsworld_512w.png

Improvements
We've also squeezed in a massive performance improvement for Dragon Story. Some of you on newer devices might not notice much, but those of you with slightly older models will hopefully see a great improvement of speed and gameplay!

DISCLAIMER: To provide an optimal experiance, the new land will be released to the public in waves. This helps us ensure that nothing is going wrong, and if so, we can quickly contain and fix it. If you update your game and do not see the new land, DO NO PANIC! You wil get it shortly.

ANDROID: If you play Dragon Story on Android, you'll be coming along for the ride! Just as with your iOS counterparts, the new land will slowly be expanded out to Android players. So if you do not see the new island just yet, DO NOT PANIC! We love you guys too and it'll rise from the ocean floor shortly as well.

You da man FlatFoot! I knew anything you would announce would be fantastic. And thank you for using my idea of a second island! I'm so elated. Great job!

The1stCaretaker
12-08-17, 06:04 PM
I don't mean to complain but it seems there's always a reason to. What is the point of all these maps and land pieces we've collected? Purchased both dynamite dragons and have just been collecting thousands of dynamite, thousands of island pieces and thousands of maps to get a completely new way of expanding. So I guess ill just keep on collecting more of these by the thousands for no use? Anyway thanks I do appreciate the land and at least I can continue to play I suppose. It's just a real shame all these maps, island pieces, and dynamite I've been collecting are useless now

Den8137259
12-08-17, 06:09 PM
Flatfoot (: ★ do give priority to those who are in dire need of land .. I mean the "wave" (: ★

Thanks for the tease lol

// afternote:

The "wave" won't come to you!

Just delete and reinstall your DS app to be greeted by the new islands on the east (: ★

tinkyw1nky
12-08-17, 08:43 PM
Wait so are we getting dynamite AND land keys from breeding now?

harobeda
12-08-17, 09:22 PM
So bottom line is that eventually this feature will roll out to everyone (but initially only some). We get marble pieces from breeding, then craft a thingy to get to the land. Then collect more marble pieces (and craft??) to expand each space on the new island. So no maps for the new land?

I have so many questions about how this will work...

Clark_Wayne
12-08-17, 10:56 PM
I don't mean to complain but it seems there's always a reason to. What is the point of all these maps and land pieces we've collected? Purchased both dynamite dragons and have just been collecting thousands of dynamite, thousands of island pieces and thousands of maps to get a completely new way of expanding. So I guess ill just keep on collecting more of these by the thousands for no use? Anyway thanks I do appreciate the land and at least I can continue to play I suppose. It's just a real shame all these maps, island pieces, and dynamite I've been collecting are useless now

thinking the same ! why a new way for expanding ?
instead of giving marble from breed, we should have a way to trade (in craft shop or trading house) our maps/island parts into these marble.
and what about the crashes with bigger island ? i already crash a lot because of my big land, so bigger island will crash even more :(

Florr06
12-09-17, 03:22 AM
Wow thanks FlatFoot and Storm8! :D

Milecia
12-09-17, 06:35 AM
Wow!! Thank you so much! ;-)

I can't wait to see it:-)

MajicHearts
12-09-17, 07:32 AM
instead of giving marble from breed, we should have a way to trade (in craft shop or trading house) our maps/island parts into these marble.
and what about the crashes with bigger island ? i already crash a lot because of my big land, so bigger island will crash even more :(

From Flatfoot: Improvements

Might this pertain to you? Just wondering...

FlatFoot
12-09-17, 08:18 AM
Might this pertain to you? Just wondering...

It should! One difficulty we had adding more land was the performance hit users would experience. As such, it was our priority to alleviate that constraint. Every device is different, so performance may vary, but it should help out a lot.

I'm heading on a plane now back east, but enjoy your weekends and see you on the other side!

orson32
12-09-17, 09:11 AM
Hi..just wondering..is there a game update in App store? Don't see anything new in spell shop..can see habitat increase though

FlatFoot
12-09-17, 09:26 AM
Hi..just wondering..is there a game update in App store? Don't see anything new in spell shop..can see habitat increase though

Correct, there is an update to the game that is rolling out in waves. Once the update is installed you will see the new land. No update is required for the increased habitat limit though.

orson32
12-09-17, 09:31 AM
Correct, there is an update to the game that is rolling out in waves. Once the update is installed you will see the new land. No update is required for the increased habitat limit though.

So I just need to keep checking App store for the update then? Thank you Flatfoot.

harobeda
12-09-17, 02:46 PM
My app is still very sluggish and has been crashing a lot - will this be better after the update?

kooky panda
12-09-17, 03:03 PM
So I just need to keep checking App store for the update then? Thank you Flatfoot.

There should not be a new update in app store to download. This update will be pushed into your game. I do not have it yet, but each time I come to play I do force close and restart
my game to check to see if it has been pushed into my game.

random59
12-09-17, 04:23 PM
So what happens to all the maps we have and what will happen to events that give out maps for higher level players and the resource dragons that also produce maps are they now all surplus to the game and unusable?

Whilst we see we have an increase in habitats, will there be restrictions on the land we clear and develop, ie normally would get them in 20 land clearings?

We need 5 marble to be able to craft 1 key which takes 1 day, how many keys do we need to clear a land space?
Also is the clearing time automatic or do we have to wait days?

Den8137259
12-10-17, 04:53 AM
Anyone in the lucky "wave" to get the offer to expand? Do post and share (: ★ ty

jjblueyes
12-10-17, 07:13 AM
I honestly appreciate that something is being done for some land, I don’t however understand completely why the hoops are necessary. I think when you’ve played 4/5, even longer years, have 100 dragons easy in storage, a maxed out stable, not a stitch of land and dealing with a gazillion dragons events, some impossible to get without a large money commitment and we are still here TRYING to play the game, they should be rewarded, not used to possible temp folks to into spending gold to speed up a exhausting process.
I don’t know if that’s what’s going on here but the entire thing is confusing and hurts my head. If this turns out to be yet one more painful process to keep going, I may finally have to face some facts and give up my loved game.

I am Sorry for being skeptical and I hope I am pleasantly surprised. As many have already expressed, I’m confused what we do with our 1100 plus maps, and the folks who paid good money for a map producing dragon, must wonder why? At least I refused to purchase any dragons like that but I feel bad if you have bad and it’s deemed useless.
I will wait and see how this all works.
I truly am Hoping for the best for all of us dragon story players.
Cheers,
Jen

athena238
12-10-17, 08:09 AM
So happy to hear the great news, finally will be able to take out the dragons from storage :)

Den8137259
12-10-17, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQsn6wcVwAEiaN6?format=jpg

Are maps obsolete items/gifts with the new expansion ?!

Anuisia
12-10-17, 09:12 AM
Is there a timeline for everyone to get this? How long before everyone gets the new island?

The1stCaretaker
12-11-17, 05:55 AM
There should not be a new update in app store to download. This update will be pushed into your game. I do not have it yet, but each time I come to play I do force close and restart
my game to check to see if it has been pushed into my game.

So there is no actual app update in the app store? FlatFoot said yes to someone asking if there was an app update in the store. Also that looks like a new app icon in the op. I'm just curious how are we getting this update?

FlatFoot
12-11-17, 07:45 AM
Maps and Island parts are still very usable for the majority of Dragon Story players. I know a few of you here are currently maxed out, but most players aren't as fast as you all. I know that they may not have a direct impact on you as of now, but that doesn't mean they won't in the future nor for other players below (and even at) your maxed out levels.

The1stCaretaker
12-11-17, 08:25 AM
Maps and Island parts are still very usable for the majority of Dragon Story players. I know a few of you here are currently maxed out, but most players aren't as fast as you all. I know that they may not have a direct impact on you as of now, but that doesn't mean they won't in the future nor for other players below (and even at) your maxed out levels.

Yeah I understand that but those players who still have use for these items are obviously not in desperate need of land. Why are those of us devoted to dragon story the ones who suffer. I have a second high level account where I don't spend money and I have no issues. I have land still, plenty of room because I don't get all dragons. Apparently these players can play comfortably while those who spend actual money are the ones who have to suffer. I just don't understand why every time something good is done there's still a part that hurts us long time devoted money spending players.

Den8137259
12-11-17, 08:52 AM
we need every ounce of land, but we had deliberately kept one land part open cos the mine will close after we had maxed out all expandable lands.

Also if the mine is closed we won't be able to play the bingo that requires to mine a part ★ please consider lifting the restriction, ty ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQxsY_VUMAE_vYi?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQxsY_TV4AApQ2Q?format=jpg

tywin111
12-11-17, 09:57 AM
For bingo part you can use the other mine to finish the task

random59
12-11-17, 11:43 AM

So does that mean for players with the resource map making dragons to put them in storage as they are not relevant to our games anymore?

What does that mean will happen to long term players with events that have maps as rewards and milestones that they has add up to a nothing total like our current island parts do?

Some of us don’t plat Bingo all the time and we are penalised if the task says to mine for island parts or clear land as we cannot do this, why are we getting treated this way? The lower level players do not have any penalties on their game but senior players games are riddled with them!

How about a heads up also on the way the marble parts and marble keys are to work, I know it takes 5 marble parts to be able to craft a key and that it takes 24 hours! But how many marble keys are needed to unlock a land space and is there an amount of time for that to happen? Also how does the breeding to marble parts go, is it hours or dragons bred and if dragons bred is it from den to nest or den to hatch?

FTZ4
12-11-17, 12:46 PM
I have the new Island. Just took a 11hrs dragon from the den to the nest and got 3 marble parts.
It takes 100.000 coins and a marble key to expand the first square of land. I can buy one marble key for 10 gold. I'm currently using my Spell shop, so I haven't had the chance to see what has changed in there.
Next up is a 5hrs dragon, then I know more.

JustKay
12-11-17, 01:39 PM
It's a game about collecting dragons, and even if the dynamites and maps are useless, you still get a pretty badass looking dragon. Everything suffers from diminishing returns. Don't underestimate the benefits of mining for food which is increasingly more important. On top of that, it's not like we'll never get a chance to use these in future expansions.

Games are meant to give people new challenges. If this was just another maps or land parts expansion, most of us would just use up our stockpile and complete the expansions in a day. If u look at Fashion/Restaurant/Bakery story, I've given up playing these because nothing new gets introduced in the these games. I almost gave up on Dragon story before Leaderboards was introduced

ozigal
12-11-17, 01:57 PM
So there is no actual app update in the app store? FlatFoot said yes to someone asking if there was an app update in the store. Also that looks like a new app icon in the op. I'm just curious how are we getting this update?

I have just found the update in my App Store

athena238
12-11-17, 01:58 PM
Whoop land is here yayyyyy :)

Jackiesq
12-11-17, 03:46 PM
Can't wait to get it in my game.... but happy to see we'll finaly get the needed space for our dragons!

orson32
12-11-17, 04:37 PM
I had asked if there was a game update in app store.FlatFoot said yes and moderator said no..but THERE IS AN UPDATE IN APP STORE but believe it is only ios right now.Update is coming to players in " waves" some have , some don't YET..keep checking...

dovanificent
12-11-17, 05:32 PM
There's an update for Android as well. Updating right now.

skyharbor602
12-11-17, 08:07 PM
I just got an update through Android too and it looks like there's still more space to expand further through the floating islands as well in the future. Maybe there will be another expansion through that avenue too.

harobeda
12-11-17, 08:18 PM
My 6 hour breeding gave 1 raw marble. My 12 hour breeding gave 3 raw marble pieces. I’d say we get 1 per every 4 hours of breeding (rounds down). Similar to how evolution gives 1 bomb per 4 hours evolving.

bossman1959
12-11-17, 08:29 PM
I'm on an Android phone. I used my first marble piece to make a key. It took that one key plus 100,000 coins to clear one piece of land on the new island. It was immediately cleared off, no waiting to remove anything off of it. But it looks like some of the rest of the land has things on it. I have loads of maps and have maxed out on floating island pieces which look like they are useless. I hope Flatfoot is right and that eventually they will be useful again but I'm not counting on that. But I'm truly glad we have new land, really, really needed and they upped the total habitats we can have. Now we need them to up the amount of Farms we can have. My dragons are so so so hungry!!!

The1stCaretaker
12-11-17, 08:30 PM
I like the look of the new app and the islands look great too. Only little thing I see is the notification icon for Android is a white square again like it was a few versions of dragon story back. Oh I noticed we can't zoom out as much as before either

harobeda
12-11-17, 08:39 PM
Every 4 hours of breeding gives you 1 RAW marble piece. Every 5 raw marble pieces you craft into a marble key that you use as a “key” to expand... first expansion takes 1 marble piece. Adjacent will take 2 keys (left). Or 3 keys (up-right). Or 10 keys (down-right). This expansion has varying amounts of keys needed depending on where you want to expand to.

If you want to bypass crafting pieces it’s 10 gold per marble key.

skyharbor602
12-11-17, 09:43 PM
The newer version is a lot smoother and I have a feeling we may not experience as many crashes or rollbacks like the previous version either. The dragons are much clearer but the leaderboard is having a hard time loading but, really, no worries there. I've got to say fantastic job once again FlatFoot. I know it took some time to work out the kinks. Thank you for your hard work on this.

Den8137259
12-11-17, 11:09 PM
Land Ho!

Delete and reinstall your DS app to be greeted by the new islands on the east (: ★

harobeda
12-12-17, 12:10 AM
The newer version is a lot smoother and I have a feeling we may not experience as many crashes or rollbacks like the previous version either. The dragons are much clearer but the leaderboard is having a hard time loading but, really, no worries there. I've got to say fantastic job once again FlatFoot. I know it took some time to work out the kinks. Thank you for your hard work on this.

Sadly I’m still dealing with crashes AFTER updating my app.

Den8137259
12-12-17, 12:30 AM
Here's how it would look like in spell shop ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ1EDquVwAY4kcM?format=jpg

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-12-17, 05:03 AM
Edit: dragon movements and moving across the island seemed slow at first. Resetting my device fixed the first and now the second also looks ok :)

The new lands and the bridge look great by the way!

Sugarcat5
12-12-17, 08:53 AM
Like the new expansion BUT my leaderboard is not loading AND I CAN'T BREED ANYTHING! I just wasted 15 gold to get bingo bonus but can't clear a board because I can't breed my dragons. The dragons come up but nothing happens when I try to select them. I already tried restarting the game and reinstalling. Please help!!

ksbmommy
12-12-17, 09:31 AM
Looks great!

It was slow moving around at first but after closing down and restarting it was much better. I was able to breed but on the main island and arctic isles, I cannot see which two dragons are breeding. I see the timer, but not the pairing.

jaymieb2
12-12-17, 10:10 AM

One reason why there is a new way to expand is so that everybody has something to work towards... because those that have over 1000 maps stockpiled (me, included) and tons of coins can immediately convert excess coin and maps in expansions... and then be back to the same waiting game.

Now we have a challenge to work towards and a reason to keep playing the game.

Kudos Flatfoot and S8!

kooky panda
12-12-17, 10:27 AM
I had asked if there was a game update in app store.FlatFoot said yes and moderator said no..but THERE IS AN UPDATE IN APP STORE but believe it is only ios right now.Update is coming to players in " waves" some have , some don't YET..keep checking...
My bad!!! I did delete and go back and redownload the game from iTunes and I now have my game updated.

FlatFoot
12-12-17, 10:59 AM

I'm glad to see it's working for you! We've also gotten many messages from users saying that the performance of their game has significantly increased since downloading the new update. Our engineering team is to thank for the performance upgrade, so a round of applause to them! I'm glad that they were able to supply us with this improvement so that we could deliver more space for more dragons.

amerirish
12-12-17, 11:24 AM
I had to uninstall/reinstall the app on my iPhone to see the new island. It's exciting and fun although I'm kinda bummed about the new parts needed to expand. I have a million maps & island parts :( Wish we could trade those in for the new parts. Anyway, super excited about all the new space and the habitat limit increase. Has anyone done the math to see how many habitats can fit on the new island?

ticiabg75
12-12-17, 11:29 AM
kooky panda and FlatFoot : and we could have farms and have more apples, and a little more gold, and be able to trade dragons with other players, and have more decor in the market. and have other dragons to craft with gems, and also to pick up items to have new dragons in the quest. and to gain habitat in the leaderboard?

FlatFoot
12-12-17, 11:34 AM
... Anyway, super excited about all the new space and the habitat limit increase. Has anyone done the math to see how many habitats can fit on the new island?

I believe there are 85 new expansion plots.

amerirish
12-12-17, 11:40 AM
I believe there are 85 new expansion plots.

ETA: So my game is still loading from my reinstall and the weirdest thing is happening; some of my dragons are frozen in place and some are flying as normal. I can still scroll around the island so it's very strange looking to see some habitats with no motion and others that are fine.

random59
12-12-17, 12:17 PM
I'm glad to see it's working for you! We've also gotten many messages from users saying that the performance of their game has significantly increased since downloading the new update. Our engineering team is to thank for the performance upgrade, so a round of applause to them! I'm glad that they were able to supply us with this improvement so that we could deliver more space for more dragons.

Still experiencing crashing, dragons not visible on Breeding Den or Roost have installed and reinstalled and still the same:confused:

[S8] Elsa
12-12-17, 12:27 PM

ETA: So my game is still loading from my reinstall and the weirdest thing is happening; some of my dragons are frozen in place and some are flying as normal. I can still scroll around the island so it's very strange looking to see some habitats with no motion and others that are fine.

Still experiencing crashing, dragons not visible on Breeding Den or Roost have installed and reinstalled and still the same:confused:

If you've just reinstalled, please leave it open over a wifi connection for a few minutes to download the game art and files. Some of the changes we made to improve the game were to the animations. If it doesn't improve after the images save to your device, please feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

amerirish
12-12-17, 01:35 PM
Just started crafting my first key and 1 day really means 24 hours - not 22 like it is in some other S8 games.

[S8] Elsa
12-12-17, 03:23 PM
Heads up for Android: We're looking into an issue with 2.7 where several images aren't appearing. The features are still functional, but please note you may see some missing images and you may want to turn on auto-update or keep an eye out for an update for when we patch it.

skyharbor602
12-12-17, 03:41 PM
Elsa;1478061']Heads up for Android: We're looking into an issue with 2.7 where several images aren't appearing. The features are still functional, but please note you may see some missing images and you may want to turn on auto-update or keep an eye out for an update for when we patch it.

Thanks Elsa

Den8137259
12-12-17, 03:54 PM
Images not appearing after update but they're there ~ something like this (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ4YJyaVQAAzFyb?format=jpg

[S8] Elsa
12-12-17, 04:02 PM
Images not appearing after update but they're there ~ something like this (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ4YJyaVQAAzFyb?format=jpg

This is unrelated to the issue I mentioned for Android. For you, you'll need to wait for the images to download over a strong wifi connection for a few minutes. Older devices may take longer to load everything.

Anuisia
12-12-17, 04:23 PM
Elsa;1478061']Heads up for Android: We're looking into an issue with 2.7 where several images aren't appearing. The features are still functional, but please note you may see some missing images and you may want to turn on auto-update or keep an eye out for an update for when we patch it.

Is this affecting the Leaderboard and spin wheel? On my leaderboard, all the information like island names, points, and milestones are shown but there are no graphics at all. On the spin wheel, the wheel is there with all the prizes but the box that the spin wheel is in is missing. The wheel still spins (after numerous attempts) and I still get awarded prizes.

[S8] Elsa
12-12-17, 04:39 PM
Is this affecting the Leaderboard and spin wheel? On my leaderboard, all the information like island names, points, and milestones are shown but there are no graphics at all. On the spin wheel, the wheel is there with all the prizes but the box that the spin wheel is in is missing. The wheel still spins (after numerous attempts) and I still get awarded prizes.

Yes, this is the bug.

divanightclub
12-12-17, 04:45 PM
I'm having some issues with my game too AFTER the update. Im still experiencing some crashing, dragons that I'm trying to breed are not visible on the den, just the timer, some dragons freeze in the air when flying, and while tapping on certain habitats to find specific dragons, doesn't do anything, and it not allowing me to feed them even if I wanted to. I've shut down my phone and force close it, and well as uninstall and reinstall the game, and stilll experiencing the same issues. I'm an iOS user, so I don't know what else to do to resolve these issues.

FYI.. The habitat I'm having trouble with is the Haunted Habitat with Bride of Frankenstein, Jack O' Lantern and Pirate dragon in it, and it's NOT generating any money from these dragons either.. smh

laurelsail
12-12-17, 04:48 PM
I don't have any marble in my spell shop! How do I expand?! Thanks!

[S8] Elsa
12-12-17, 04:54 PM
I'm having some issues with my game too AFTER the update. Im still experiencing some crashing, dragons that I'm trying to breed are not visible on the den, just the timer, some dragons freeze in the air when flying, and while tapping on certain habitats to find specific dragons, doesn't do anything, and it not allowing me to feed them even if I wanted to. I've shut down my phone and force close it, and well as uninstall and reinstall the game, and stilll experiencing the same issues. I'm an iOS user, so I don't know what else to do to resolve these issues.

You may be having a similar issue as Den8137259 above because you reinstalled the game and older devices need a bit longer to load everything. Please leave the game open over a wifi connection for a few minutes to let all the game images load and cache.

I don't have any marble in my spell shop! How do I expand?! Thanks!

You're on 2.6.3 still. You need to update your game to see it.

tantyc73
12-12-17, 08:23 PM
Hi Elsa. I have been unable to breed any dragons since update. This is a huge issue for me. I've done as other posts have suggested and uninstalled and reinstalled. I have also left the game open over Wi-Fi and still nothing. I need help quick. Thank you.

pinkflower7777
12-12-17, 09:11 PM
Sorry

pinkflower7777
12-12-17, 09:18 PM

FYI.. The habitat I'm having trouble with is the Haunted Habitat with Bride of Frankenstein, Jack O' Lantern and Pirate dragon in it, and it's NOT generating any money from these dragons either.. smh

I also am using IOS and have 1 habitat that doesn't respond when I select it. I can't feed those dragons or move or upgrade the habitat. For me it is a Zodiac habitat that is located in the uppermost corner of the largest island. (Not any of the new lands) I tried to invite you to see if your habitat is located in the same area, but as soon as I pressed invite my game crashed, and now crashes every time I press the invite button.

Other than this my game has been running fine, all images downloaded etc. I have sent in a ticket to support about the habitat, but no human response yet.

Sugarcat5
12-12-17, 10:32 PM
I also am using IOS and have 1 habitat that doesn't respond when I select it. I can't feed those dragons or move or upgrade the habitat. For me it is a Zodiac habitat that is located in the uppermost corner of the largest island. (Not any of the new lands) I tried to invite you to see if your habitat is located in the same area, but as soon as I pressed invite my game crashed, and now crashes every time I press the invite button.

Other than this my game has been running fine, all images downloaded etc. I have sent in a ticket to support about the habitat, but no human response yet.

I am having an issue with the habitat I have in the same exact spot. For me it's fruitful fields habitat for my fruit producing dragon. Hopefully they fix the bug soon. I would like to level up my fruition dragon during the tourney

harobeda
12-13-17, 01:16 AM
Why are expansions requiring SO MANY marble keys?? It’s going to take a month to craft enough marble keys to expand to TWO spots. I understand wanting it to not be too quick. But this is ridiculous. It needs to be able to keep pace with the rate they’re releasing new dragons. And this won’t - we’ll suffer for land next to a forest. And this how much (see attached photo) is required after only doing a couple expansions (I threw 20 gold at it to speeed up things a smidge).

I shudder to think how many keys it’ll take to expand deeper into the forest- probably a literal months worth of crafting keys for one spot. :mad:

Crafting marble keys needs to be shortened from 24 hours. This is a massive clog in the system. Even 12 hours would be difficult (15 keys takes over 2 weeks to craft, at 12 hours it’d still take over a week). Please consider changing the crafting time of a marble key.

random59
12-13-17, 01:58 AM
Still having issues with new update and breeding, some games no dragons, others have dragons, thought this was supposed to fix bugs but there are plenty still happening!

Any patches for these issues as it takes forever to reload a deleted game of level 200.

harobeda totally agree with you about the time it takes to craft enough keys to clear land, actually it is more time consuming than maps. Storm8 you really need to think about players with only the Breeding Den it will take forever to generate stones to craft into keys!

pinkflower7777
12-13-17, 02:08 AM
I am having an issue with the habitat I have in the same exact spot. For me it's fruitful fields habitat for my fruit producing dragon. Hopefully they fix the bug soon. I would like to level up my fruition dragon during the tourney

Yes, I hope they fix it soon. Just knowing I can't do anything with those dragons really makes me want too. It's worse for you with your food producing dragon though.

roadui
12-13-17, 04:05 AM
Crafting marble keys needs to be shortened from 24 hours. This is a massive clog in the system. Even 12 hours would be difficult (15 keys takes over 2 weeks to craft, at 12 hours it’d still take over a week). Please consider changing the crafting time of a marble key.
I think it's during beta for the first players seeing this features. And after it wil changes.

Den8137259
12-13-17, 04:37 AM
From what that's seen, there's no "waves" or preferential roll-out to specific test players for the new islands ★

DS is now available as version 2.7 on iOS AppStore since 11 Dec ★

Yes the crafting time is very long and far too draggy ~ hope this can be shortened ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ7DjOLUQAA3sbb?format=jpg

mikmar61
12-13-17, 04:54 AM
Icon for watch for free gift has disappeared since the new update, will it return?

The1stCaretaker
12-13-17, 06:22 AM
Will you look at that nice description for dragon story ios. Android says bug fixes, always bug fixes. I feel like they used an older version to add the land into. How else would we get that white square for notifications on Android that was fixed in the last few versions and the not being able to fully zoom out that was fixed on last few versions also. I'm also having the background image never loaded issues

pernmagic
12-13-17, 07:00 AM
Just updated my game Flatfoot .......thanks for the new space �� Will see how it goes ......

amerirish
12-13-17, 07:02 AM
Icon for watch for free gift has disappeared since the new update, will it return?

Actually, my advertisement icon disappeared about 2 days before the update :( I've been missing it too.

mylord7
12-13-17, 07:14 AM
I also am using IOS and have 1 habitat that doesn't respond when I select it. I can't feed those dragons or move or upgrade the habitat. For me it is a Zodiac habitat that is located in the uppermost corner of the largest island. (Not any of the new lands)
I have already confirmed that bug on both iOS and Android platforms, by replying to your thread in the bug section of the forum some hours ago.

I tried to invite you to see if your habitat is located in the same area, but as soon as I pressed invite my game crashed, and now crashes every time I press the invite button.
This is another bug of the last update (iOS only) and I created a new thread in the bug section of the forum, here (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102329-Invitation-Bug-(iOS-only)).

I hope they fix them soon! :)

penqueen4
12-13-17, 08:27 AM
I spent some gold and the third row is 25,20 and one 15 keys. The forth row is 35 and 30 keys. Do the math 35 keys is a minimum of 35 days!!! If they keep up the pattern and you keep going down the rows: 5th=40 and 35, 6th=45 and 40, 7th= 50 and 45, 8th=55 and 50, ect. It will take years to clear the new land.

amerirish
12-13-17, 09:18 AM
Elsa;1477986']If you've just reinstalled, please leave it open over a wifi connection for a few minutes to download the game art and files. Some of the changes we made to improve the game were to the animations. If it doesn't improve after the images save to your device, please feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Elsa: it's been nearly 24 hours and my dragons are still acting weird. Some are frozen, some are moving. Even dragons that are the same habitat are acting each way. I've had my game open on WiFi a whole lot since the update :(

mylord7
12-13-17, 09:46 AM
The 24hours crafting time for 1 Marble Key is way too much time!
Keep in mind that the Spell Shop is also needed for Dragon Tales, Bingo etc. and can't be 24/7 occupied for crafting Marble Keys.

Another thing that I noticed is that, fortunately, if you want to speed up a little bit, by spending Gold, and finish the crafting procedure earlier, it doesn't cost as much as usual.
Usually, every crafting hour costs 5 Gold.
So, for example, a Nether Dust who needs 8 crafting hours to complete, costs 40 Gold to finish it up immediately.

The Marble Key needs 24 hours to complete and costs 8 Gold, which means 1 Gold for every 3 crafting hours.
So, the costing chart is as follows:

8 Gold for 24 remaining crafting hours.
7 Gold for 21 remaining crafting hours.
6 Gold for 18 remaining crafting hours.
5 Gold for 15 remaining crafting hours.
4 Gold for 12 remaining crafting hours.
3 Gold for 09 remaining crafting hours.
2 Gold for 06 remaining crafting hours.
1 Gold for 03 remaining crafting hours.

divanightclub
12-13-17, 10:40 AM
Elsa: it's been nearly 24 hours and my dragons are still acting weird. Some are frozen, some are moving. Even dragons that are the same habitat are acting each way. I've had my game open on WiFi a whole lot since the update :(
The same issue is STILL happening to my game, and have very strong wifi. Dragons are frozen, especially when I press the "EXPAND" button. I can't feed or raise certain dragons on specific habitats because it's not allowing me to, and it's been WELL over 24 hours since I updated the app. It's quite a few issues/bugs due to the new update.. really hope it will be fixed soon, cause I can't keep shutting off my phone and open the app, just for the dragons to fly normally..

djeyefly
12-13-17, 11:19 AM
2017 is almost over if you haven?t noticed ! I still don?t see any new land options.

Clark_Wayne
12-13-17, 11:30 AM
i updated and the 1st impression is good i will say : no crashes yet :)

anyone tested the free “gem” option ? 40721

ksbmommy
12-13-17, 11:33 AM

I did - they didn't show up in my account right away. I only did the one where I received 1 gold for watching an entire video. Not sure why it lagged the way it did. I'm not sure if I'll do many more - some want information, I'm not willing to be a part of a data mining effort.

[S8] Elsa
12-13-17, 11:37 AM
For Android players, the images issue has been patched and is slowly rolling out in waves. Please update when it's available to you.

For everyone else, I'm taking a look at your concerns.

kimandamelia
12-13-17, 11:47 AM

Wish I could! Andoid, no option for that! However, we do finally have the watch video to speed up battle rounds! And while I'm super appreciative that I can play the game again now that we have some land, I wish it were available a few weeks ago so most of us could have taken advantage of the Black Friday sales, I wasn't able to buy a single dragon.

amerirish
12-13-17, 11:54 AM

anyone tested the free ?gem? option ? 40721

I don't have that icon :( I'm on ios

The1stCaretaker
12-13-17, 11:57 AM
Really? They are still thinking up new stuff to give ios only and they won't even give us the dragon album?

mylord7
12-13-17, 01:10 PM
Elsa;1478593']For Android players, the images issue has been patched and is slowly rolling out in waves. Please update when it's available to you.

I have just updated the android version (2.7.0.1g) and I confirm that the images issue has been fixed, but, unfortunately, there is a more serious bug now!!
There is no remaining time bar over the Farms, Nests, Evolution Temples, Breeding Dens, Battle Arena, Quest Outpost, Trading Portal and Spell Shop (probably not on the Healing Spring too), which makes the game almost unplayable!!!
Please, investigate the issue and if it needs remove the new update, until you fix it.
Hopefully, I have backed up the previous version (2.7.0g) and I am rolling back to that...

divanightclub
12-13-17, 01:25 PM

I've tested it out and im on IOS, so then you should be able to see it in the top right corner of the screen. The problem I've noticed with trying to get the gems are too many of them require valid and personal information you have to provide, and taking surveys which leads you to other sites for promotional deals with more questions to answer,and when you think you've completed all the requirements you don't always receive the gold. Not to mention getting CONSTANT phone calls with different area code from companie,businesses, websites, etc, all day long.. So IMO it's not worth the hassle and having to give so much info, based on the amount of gold you're trying to get. So I just deal with the ones the require watching entire videos for 1 gem...lol

[S8] Elsa
12-13-17, 01:33 PM
I have just updated the android version (2.7.0.1g) and I confirm that the images issue has been fixed, but, unfortunately, there is a more serious bug now!!
There is no remaining time bar over the Farms, Nests, Evolution Temples, Breeding Dens, Battle Arena, Quest Outpost, Trading Portal and Spell Shop (probably not on the Healing Spring too), which makes the game almost unplayable!!!
Please, investigate the issue and if it needs remove the new update, until you fix it.
Hopefully, I have backed up the previous version (2.7.0g) and I am rolling back to that...

Looking into it now.

ticiabg75
12-13-17, 02:15 PM
I do not understand, I do not have the free gift for videos for apples, and for the battles, and nothing for golds, I was told that there were changes, and I see that some have still the free gift, I do not understand. elsa please help.

Clark_Wayne
12-13-17, 02:22 PM

i?m on iOS too ;)
but after what divanightclub said, i don’t think i will try :)

random59
12-13-17, 02:34 PM
i?m on iOS too ;)
but after what divanightclub said, i don’t think i will try :)

One of the offers requires a valid mobile phone number and pin, HELLO, really hope no one does that one!

Clark_Wayne
12-13-17, 03:17 PM
well , i was ready to say “good job” to the s8 team, but after a couple of hours, crashes has started :(
so thx for the new expansion, but still lot of works about crashes!

jjblueyes
12-13-17, 05:44 PM
I spent some gold and the third row is 25,20 and one 15 keys. The forth row is 35 and 30 keys. Do the math 35 keys is a minimum of 35 days!!! If they keep up the pattern and you keep going down the rows: 5th=40 and 35, 6th=45 and 40, 7th= 50 and 45, 8th=55 and 50, ect. It will take years to clear the new land.

As I posted days ago, if this is just another drawn out insane thing I?m not interested. I?m exhausted. I just want to play and it looks like that?s not happening. Sigh.
Thanks for posting.
Jen

mylord7
12-13-17, 05:47 PM
Elsa;1478683']Looking into it now.
Updated version 2.7.0.2g solved the bugs that I mentioned earlier.
Well done! :D

divanightclub
12-13-17, 06:50 PM
One of the offers requires a valid mobile phone number and pin, HELLO, really hope no one does that one!

Yep.. Quite a few of them request valid information first, then linking you to promotional offers where it's either free trail offers or you have to purchase something before you even THINK you're gonna receive gold.. that's another trap..IMO

Anuisia
12-13-17, 07:49 PM
Updated version 2.7.0.2g solved the bugs that I mentioned earlier.
Well done! :D

I have updated to version 2.7.0.2g and now my game crashes every time I try to plant a crop or buy a dragon in the market. I have cleared my cache, force closed my game, restarted my device and it still crashes . This is the end of my leaderboard.:mad:

Sugarcat5
12-13-17, 07:53 PM
Elsa;1478593']For Android players, the images issue has been patched and is slowly rolling out in waves. Please update when it's available to you.

Hi Elsa....the leaderboard has been fixed...thank u!! I had checked it before and it was fine. However...now I can't get into it at all. In fact ALL of the icon things on the side for all the goals are frozen including the wheel. And I have no more time indicators for anything(farms, breeding,etc).

Update: I saw a newer version and did an update to 2.7.2 and it's all fine now....thank you!!

mylord7
12-13-17, 08:21 PM
I have updated to version 2.7.0.2g and now my game crashes every time I try to plant a crop or buy a dragon in the market. I have cleared my cache, force closed my game, restarted my device and it still crashes . This is the end of my leaderboard.:mad:
That's strange, because I don't have any unexpected crash issues with all the last 3 updates.
If the previous versions were OK for you, I have backed up the 2.7.0g one (the .apk) and I can send it to you, just in case you want to roll back to that version and go on with the game without crashing, until we have a new version in the market that you may try it.
So, check your PM :)

Hi Elsa....the leaderboard has been fixed...thank u!! I had checked it before and it was fine. However...now I can't get into it at all. In fact ALL of the icon things on the side for all the goals are frozen including the wheel. And I have no more time indicators for anything(farms, breeding,etc).
Perhaps you have updated to the 2.7.0.1g version of the game, which is the previous one. Check the Play Store and update to the 2.7.0.2g version, which fixes the time bar issue.

EDIT: Just noticed that you have edited your previous post. So, you have updated to the 2.7.0.2g version now, which fixes the mentioned issue.

comeseecomesah
12-13-17, 10:27 PM

I'm having this issue too & rather annoying having to keep checking rather than knowing when to come back.
I know Elsa it's being looked into but thought I'd let u know it's not just happening to one!

I've not been playing much because of silly demands & no room but was excited to see we're getting new land ....but..... as it's going to take forever to expand AND spell shop will be occupied too long or we can't make keys during some events...my excitement has deflated & I'm just going to go back to not playing as a priority but just occasionally.....unless things change for the better.

The1stCaretaker
12-13-17, 11:13 PM
As I posted days ago, if this is just another drawn out insane thing I?m not interested. I?m exhausted. I just want to play and it looks like that?s not happening. Sigh.
Thanks for posting.
Jen

Yeah I think it might be time for us long time players to just take our losses and move on. It really does suck but I really don't see this getting any better for us. This game has just been a downward spiral for the last several years. Everything they add effects us long time players for the worse and you know that space will just fill up then we'll have thousands of another item, then for those of us who actually collect every dragon and we will be waiting for a very long time not being able to play once again. We are already so far behind

Winstone007
12-14-17, 02:53 AM
Thank you very much for your efforts. Will you be able to add the filter on the Battle Arena? It would be very convenient for Bingo

random59
12-14-17, 02:59 AM
Is there going to be a fix about the invisible dragons whilst breeding for iOS. Checked for a newer update but doesn’t appear to be in the App Store as yet!

Also just tried to check if I had someone as a neighbour and every time I press invite it crashes my game.......still a rather lot of bugs if you ask me!

ozigal
12-14-17, 03:20 AM
I also have invisible dragons breeding (IOS).. I thought they were hiding from me as I have been real annoyed about their performances.. have not been able to breed a needed dragon for some time. Lol

random59
12-14-17, 04:22 AM
I also have invisible dragons breeding (IOS).. I thought they were hiding from me as I have been real annoyed about their performances.. have not been able to breed a needed dragon for some time. Lol

Is there going to be a fix about the invisible dragons whilst breeding for iOS. Checked for a newer update but doesn’t appear to be in the App Store as yet!

Also just tried to check if I had someone as a neighbour and every time I press invite it crashes my game.......still a rather lot of bugs if you ask me!

Elsa, is this an Australian thing happening with invisible dragons with servers etc. it is really annoying, an we get a bug fix please!

mylord7
12-14-17, 06:14 AM
I'm having this issue too & rather annoying having to keep checking rather than knowing when to come back.
I know Elsa it's being looked into but thought I'd let u know it's not just happening to one!
Judging by your post, I think that you are an Android player.
So, it seems that you have updated to the 2.7.0.1g version of the game, which is the previous one. Check the Play Store and update to the 2.7.0.2g version, which fixes the time bar issue.

Is there going to be a fix about the invisible dragons whilst breeding for iOS. Checked for a newer update but doesn?t appear to be in the App Store as yet!

Elsa, is this an Australian thing happening with invisible dragons with servers etc. it is really annoying, an we get a bug fix please!
It's not an Australian thing happening, but a global bug that affects all the iOS players.
I have already mention both of the bugs 2 days ago (invisible breeding dragons and crashing invitation procedure) in the bug section of the forum and they have replied that they are investigating the issues.
So, we hope for a quick fix of them.

Den8137259
12-14-17, 09:00 AM
I have invisible drags on my breeding den ..

Yes I swear they are on it, maybe they have vaporised and reached nirvana (: lol ★

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-14-17, 11:58 AM

Yes I swear they are on it, maybe they have vaporised and reached nirvana (: lol ★

Same here!

[S8] Elsa
12-14-17, 12:27 PM

I haven't been able to reproduce this. :(

For those of you who have vaporised (it's prettier written with the S ;D) Dragons, can you let me know which Dragons you're breeding and if they're close or far from your Breeding Den?

EDIT: The issue has been identified. No further information is needed for the magically invisible Dragons. :D

meoconlunar
12-15-17, 12:14 AM
My game crashes every time I try to change the account
I am on IOS

DirkDragon
12-15-17, 01:45 AM
To expand with maps, it takes me 3 days to obtain them and 2 days for the expansion. If the new land requires 10 keys, it will take 10 days to expand. This isn't what I call an improvement!
If, eventually, the requirement is 60 keys like a map expansion, it will take 2 months to expand. Please tell me this isn't the case!

random59
12-15-17, 01:50 AM
To expand with maps, it takes me 3 days to obtain them and 2 days for the expansion. If the new land requires 10 keys,it will take 10 days to expand. This isn't what I call an improvement!

So funny as there are 85 expansions so it will be truly interesting towards the end, maybe just maybe a Marble Key Dragon will appear in the market for a gazillon Gold! Bring back the maps!!

roadui
12-15-17, 03:14 AM
maybe just maybe a Marble Key Dragon will appear in the market for a gazillon Gold! Bring back the maps!!
Oh my GOD. I hope it will happen
Oh my GOLDS If devs want do that :D

kooky panda
12-15-17, 10:16 AM
To expand with maps, it takes me 3 days to obtain them and 2 days for the expansion. If the new land requires 10 keys, it will take 10 days to expand. This isn't what I call an improvement!
If, eventually, the requirement is 60 keys like a map expansion, it will take 2 months to expand. Please tell me this isn't the case!
I do like the fact that you do not have to spend coins and time clearing out foliage. That is one plus.

WindShepherd
12-15-17, 02:31 PM
Mm

random59
12-15-17, 05:06 PM
I do like the fact that you do not have to spend coins and time clearing out foliage. That is one plus.

I actually checked out the 2nd row for for clearing, 2 of them had 10 keys and the other had 15 keys, so to clear those 3 spaces takes over a month! No, I would rather have the maps as they will still be rewards for events and why have we bought resource dragons that produced maps which will be useless for the unforseeable future!

What have we to spend coins on now, nothing of interest is available for coins and when you have a few billion in your back pocket as most of the high level players will have.

Den8137259
12-15-17, 07:36 PM
10 keys for land expansion per plot atm would be 24h x 10 = 10 days ★

I have yet to explore the inner lands whether if > 10 keys would be required ★

Also foliage clearing is an understatement, it has never taken 10 days to clear one chunk ★

random59
12-15-17, 08:28 PM
10 keys for land expansion per plot atm would be 24h x 10 = 10 days ★

I have yet to explore the inner lands whether if > 10 keys would be required ★

Also foliage clearing is an understatement, it has never taken 10 days to clear one chunk ★

I shudder to think with the 85th expansion will require, not only that but we will be delayed by crafting when Tales Events are on.

newzealander
12-15-17, 08:47 PM
Ok I feel like I’m missing something. I have no land for expansion except the last plot from the last island release. Do I need to do something to get the new land?

random59
12-15-17, 10:38 PM
Ok I feel like I’m missing something. I have no land for expansion except the last plot from the last island release. Do I need to do something to get the new land?

Yes you are, if you are on Android go to the Google play store and upgrade your game or iOS visit the App Store and likewise update your game.

There is a new 85 allotment of new land, maps are not used here but we get pieces of marble from breeding and with these pieces we craft marble keys and when we have enough we can clear more land. I hope this helps a little.

newzealander
12-15-17, 10:54 PM
Yes you are, if you are on Android go to the Google play store and upgrade your game or iOS visit the App Store and likewise update your game.

There is a new 85 allotment of new land, maps are not used here but we get pieces of marble from breeding and with these pieces we craft marble keys and when we have enough we can clear more land. I hope this helps a little.
Thanks so much, Random. I had no update available in the App Store, so I deleted the game and re-loaded it, and the land is here. I’m not sure why there was no update, but I’m finally in for the long haul of unlocking some much needed land!

Jackiesq
12-16-17, 09:35 AM
Okay, I expanded 2 parts. 1 for 1 Marble Key, 1 for 2 Marble Keys. 3th needs 3, 4th needs 10 and 5th needs 15 Marble Keys!!! What do we need for expansion 85? Something like 8 years crafting time???

Can anyone from S8 please check on this? This must be a bug if not, this new expansions doesn't help with our need for space with all the new dragons we get every month. Or the next new dragons have to follow the same growing number of days in between before we get them....

giuarm24
12-16-17, 10:05 AM
Too much time required for expanding;/
Please allow to reduce the crafting time from 24h to 1h at least!

The1stCaretaker
12-16-17, 11:30 AM
Yes this does suck. This is not good for the heavy hitter players. What else is new. You'd think they would want to do something nice for us big supporters but I guess not. 16 mining spots is what we got for land last year. We really need a big chunk of mining land. This new ordeal is only ok for the casual player who probably still has land in all directions anyway. I'm so confused why the most devoted players are punished

giuarm24
12-16-17, 04:11 PM
I have a bad crash problem! When I push on the Invite tab the app crashes!
Could anyone have a look on this? Please!

mylord7
12-16-17, 06:16 PM
I have a bad crash problem! When I push on the Invite tab the app crashes!
Could anyone have a look on this? Please!
This is an already known (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102329-Invitation-Bug-(iOS-only)) bug, since the last update of the game, on iOS platforms only and we hope that they will fix it soon...

kimandamelia
12-16-17, 08:22 PM
So I cleared 2 spots, my next 3 options require 3, 10, or 15 keys. Wow. I don't get it. At all. Why do you want to push players away from giving you money? I love this game, but its just obviously not worth my money when its impossible to enjoy playing.

AmaDrac
12-16-17, 09:56 PM
Thank you, thank you for the new land for expansions. It was an unexpected Christmas surprise.

CaRee215
12-16-17, 11:24 PM
Ok, i usually never post but with the new land needed n the angry responses, i agree. I haven't even figured the math on the keys n when i read that I'm right there with ya. I spend lots of money, always get the dragons in storybook n world event, come in 1st to 6th ALWAYS in ************. Sorry but it's like older players are being punished, only thing left to do to show S8 how serious the loyal players are, is not play or buy gold, but for S8 to see a difference, millions of players just all of a suddenly STOP. Well, that's not happening.... S8 had always fixed my problems within a decent amount of time but everyone all over the world is really angry about the keys. I feel really bad for all those players that actually broke down n purchased the map, bomb n dynamite dragons. Idk what we can say that will stop S8 from being greedy, the key expansion is about money, but they need to do something for all of us older players. NOT HELPING OUT LOYAL PLAYERS THAT SPEND MONEY ALL THE TIME, I AVERAGE $300 A MONTH inDragon n Fantasy Forest story, REALLY? I'VE NOT RAN OUTTA SPACE ON MY MAIN ISLANDS YET BUT I FEEL FOR Y'ALL... n the time required for crafting the stupid keys, yep S8 needs the money....

AmaDrac
12-17-17, 09:52 AM
Thank you, thank you for the new land for expansions. It was an unexpected Christmas surprise.

I was evidently too quick with my thank you. I’m hoping everyone is wrong about the expansions. It’s like finding a big beautiful present under the tree, only to unwrap it and find lumps of coal. It makes me sad.

marcatwolf
12-17-17, 11:09 AM
I too am very upset about the keys and breeding for them. Especially since I can only breed common bubbles 10 x in a row, or magic, frog, explorer, etc. 10 x in a row. I literally had three bubbles on my three 1413105005000014131050050000nests at one time. Twice! I used different dragons to breed them too. So, I gave up on breeding awhile ago and have been focused on ONLY collecting gold and food to max my dragons, which takes forever. Somewhat boring playing this way, right? The other thing is, where are my 100s of maps? They are not in my materials. Also, what am I going to do with them and all my hundreds of island parts I worked hard to earn. I just won 10 maps in the leaderboard game thingy, for what? Where are they at anyway? Yesterday, I wanted to write a comment filled with swearing. Glad I waited till now. But I’m still so mad. DS Storm8, thanks for nothing. Maybe you can redeem yourselves if you tell us there will be another update or storyline/game feature where we be able to use our maps, maybe on the new land at some point, ideally. It still isn’t good you make it so hard to get the new land cleared.

DirkDragon
12-17-17, 03:31 PM

I am glad that other players have realised what a ridiculous situation this is. It just isn't worth having.

Morag2000
12-17-17, 03:37 PM
I have 55 pieces of Raw Marble and 5 keys but I can't expand onto the new Island.

Can anyone tell me why, please.

I raised a ticket last week but have had no response yet

KNOBWARS
12-17-17, 04:05 PM
S8: I started a joke which started the whole world crying. But I didn't see that the joke was on me
S8 Servers: 'Till I finally died which started the whole world living. Oh if I'd only seen that the joke was on me

random59
12-18-17, 12:37 AM
I have 55 pieces of Raw Marble and 5 keys but I can't expand onto the new Island.

Can anyone tell me why, please.

I raised a ticket last week but have had no response yet

Check your habitat limit, you may have expanded to your limit, you may be currently expanding another area of it maybe another glitch.

random59
12-18-17, 02:03 AM
Elsa;1479010']I haven't been able to reproduce this. :(

For those of you who have vaporised (it's prettier written with the S ;D) Dragons, can you let me know which Dragons you're breeding and if they're close or far from your Breeding Den?

EDIT: The issue has been identified. No further information is needed for the magically invisible Dragons. :D

Elsa, any news on when this problem will be addressed and fixed please!

Den8137259
12-18-17, 06:22 AM
It has dawned on me that I could just focus on expanding the lands as my lifetime DS goal (: ★

I just need to ignore all the DS events cos they interfere and stall my expansion (: ★

random59
12-18-17, 11:51 PM
Elsa, any news on when this problem will be addressed and fixed please!

Woohoo, I see dragons on the breeding den, thanks for the fix:)

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-19-17, 12:46 AM
Woohoo, I see dragons on the breeding den, thanks for the fix:)

Fix? What fix? No dragons on my breeding den and also not on my arctic breeding den...

kooky panda
12-19-17, 11:00 AM
Fix? What fix? No dragons on my breeding den and also not on my arctic breeding den...
Try force closing and restarting your game.

If you play on iOS, there is an new update for the game in iTunes.
If you play on android, make sure you are playing on the regular game and not a seasonal version, and check and make sure you have the most current update.

Den8137259
12-22-17, 07:57 AM
Hey All, there is another new app update for DS, revised 19 Dec 17 ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRqKfTTVAAARyfE?format=jpg

Den8137259
12-22-17, 08:06 AM
I see a solo snowman on the den after my update ★
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRqMmImVwAAxUF2?format=jpg

Arctic side, nobody's there ★
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRqMo_6UEAAk4DE?format=jpg

crashau
12-23-17, 03:21 PM
Why is the mine now closed for island pieces? Will it reopen anytime soon? I would like to be able to use the dynamite to get the resources, it can really help out with food!

Jackiesq
12-23-17, 03:32 PM
Why is the mine now closed for island pieces? Will it reopen anytime soon? I would like to be able to use the dynamite to get the resources, it can really help out with food!
Your right mine is only closed if you expanded all 56 expansions with island parts! And it will only reopen if we get more expansions for island parts... 😦 Sorry to bring you the bad news, you had to stop after 55 expansions to keep the mine open...

Den8137259
12-23-17, 08:58 PM
Your right mine is only closed if you expanded all 56 expansions with island parts! And it will only reopen if we get more expansions for island parts... Sorry to bring you the bad news, you had to stop after 55 expansions to keep the mine open...

Really wished the mine will be open, please lift this restriction, S8, ty ★

serpentray
12-24-17, 03:20 AM
Anyone do the math yet on how long it would take to expand all 85 spaces? If the last row is 80 marble keys, that alone is 2 years of continuous key crafting.

Clark_Wayne
12-24-17, 03:49 AM
Anyone do the math yet on how long it would take to expand all 85 spaces? If the last row is 80 marble keys, that alone is 2 years of continuous key crafting.

if you are doing it non stop ;) because you have to use the crafting shop for the tales, the mining dragon, the bingo,..
actually they found a easy way to force people to use golds for the speeding.
giving new lands this way is like not giving it at all !

orleansparish
12-24-17, 06:28 AM
we need every ounce of land, but we had deliberately kept one land part open cos the mine will close after we had maxed out all expandable lands.

Also if the mine is closed we won't be able to play the bingo that requires to mine a part ★ please consider lifting the restriction, ty ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQxsY_VUMAE_vYi?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQxsY_TV4AApQ2Q?format=jpg

I agree with this part. I?m always having to rework what I?m going for because I need to mind for one part. I think if we don?t have any minijng to do we should be able to skip this part and not have it return. Or not have it show up at all.

random59
12-24-17, 12:36 PM

To clear 4 spaces on the second row is 55 days so forever and we can’t complain about not having enough land because it is there so win to Storm8 and a loss for us!

FireballFarm
12-24-17, 01:07 PM
When the "Exciting News" announcement came out, I figured they were going to introduce some sort of expansions that could only be purchased for gold/real money. But, somehow, they managed to come up with an even worse idea than "premium" land. Amazing. Smdh.

Clark_Wayne
12-24-17, 11:31 PM
When the "Exciting News" announcement came out, I figured they were going to introduce some sort of expansions that could only be purchased for gold/real money. But, somehow, they managed to come up with an even worse idea than "premium" land. Amazing. Smdh.
actually i cannot call this exciting news , or for s8 ;)
imo , this is rather bad news or ‘absolutely not exciting news’
or ‘good news, you can stop playing DS’ LOL

kat8rose
12-29-17, 04:22 PM
Love it, but 1 day crafting is long, any chance this could be changed, or boosts collected?

Also, I was wrong about the last increase of land with island parts, thought it was plus 20, was plus 16, so my mine is closed.

Any chance we can get the mine open for this, or more of that type land?

Much thanks, flatfoot, and Happy New Year

kat8rose
12-29-17, 04:26 PM
Love it, but 1 day crafting is long, any chance this could be changed, or boosts collected?

Also, I was wrong about the last increase of land with island parts, thought it was plus 20, was plus 16, so my mine is closed.

Any chance we can get the mine open for this, or more of that type land?

Much thanks, flatfoot, and Happy New Year

Love was too strong...this will take years to complete, that's with continuous crafting. We need a permanent new den, and another craft shop, minimum, come on S8, you have some loyal players here.

FieldsLikeB
12-30-17, 05:39 PM
The new land is built ridiculously. With the starting rows facing as the day the side of the habitat next to the tree edge hides your dragons! I'm not joking is this where you want me to keep the ugly dragons I keep for bingo tasks? Oh wait, I can put my invisible ones over there!

Don't get me started on row two for 15!

FieldsLikeB
12-30-17, 05:45 PM

**Nods vigorously**

Den8137259
12-30-17, 06:14 PM
Earlier there were three habitats on sale for 50 gold: Grand Cloud Castle, Grand Falling Sky, Grand Elemental Plane. At some point in the last hour they were removed :mad:

I am still get the pop-up on the habitat sale which is showing Grand Cloud Castle, Grand Elemental Plane .. but irony is that they are no longer in the sale menu.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSVi08iUQAAvhu4?format=jpg

Please restore the Grand habitats at 50 gold as previously published, ty ★

The second irony is that new land expansion is a huge pain; I can't expand in time to buy your sale habitats ★

kat8rose
12-31-17, 01:40 PM
Speaking of more land... staying on topic .... How about the Arctic Isles for droid players? Flatfoot, do you know when droid players will get the "coming soon" albums and the Arctic Isles?

Any way to make the crafting faster on the keys? 24 hrs is a long time to tie it up especially during tales, also for bingo tasks.

Thanks

Happy New Year

Droid players equality!

Den8137259
01-02-18, 07:21 AM
Preempting everyone what lies ahead, if you need more land ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSir2t0VAAEBQpW?format=jpg

summersalt
01-02-18, 10:49 AM

Holy! Wow lol. 2 whole months of crafting lolol

summersalt
01-02-18, 10:57 AM
Your right mine is only closed if you expanded all 56 expansions with island parts! And it will only reopen if we get more expansions for island parts...  Sorry to bring you the bad news, you had to stop after 55 expansions to keep the mine open...

How will I know when my mine Wil close. I don't want that to happen do i physically have to count 55 spaces or is there another way to tell . I fear I'll forget and lose the mine.

The1stCaretaker
01-02-18, 01:35 PM
Speaking of more land... staying on topic .... How about the Arctic Isles for droid players? Flatfoot, do you know when droid players will get the "coming soon" albums and the Arctic Isles?

Any way to make the crafting faster on the keys? 24 hrs is a long time to tie it up especially during tales, also for bingo tasks.

Thanks

Happy New Year

Droid players equality!

I know I'm getting tired of being able to view neighbors arctic isles but can't access my own that I created many years ago on an apple device. Another bug I found is the new land shows in arctic isles on android when visiting neighbors

random59
01-02-18, 02:36 PM

So what expansion line is that, if you don’t mind me asking? 60 days of crafting with Tales so that takes it out to say 90 days, 3 months for 1 expansion.

Wow Storm8, you really shot yourself in the foot this time, it might be the final nail in the coffin and the reason I may cease playing.

random59
01-02-18, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=The1stCaretaker;1483632]I know I'm getting tired of being able to view neighbors arctic isles but can't access my own that I created many years ago on an apple device. Another bug I found is the new land shows in arctic isles on android when visiting neighbors

Unless you are on Apple you won?t be able to access yours and as it such a failure I can?t see them pushing it out to Android. I really don?t see why Storm8 don?t just delete it from IOS and that would solve the problem

random59
01-02-18, 02:48 PM
How will I know when my mine Wil close. I don't want that to happen do i physically have to count 55 spaces or is there another way to tell . I fear I'll forget and lose the mine.

This should help you figure out when to stop expanding. Hope this helps

Phoenix406
01-02-18, 03:22 PM
The new land is built ridiculously. With the starting rows facing as the day the side of the habitat next to the tree edge hides your dragons! I'm not joking is this where you want me to keep the ugly dragons I keep for bingo tasks? Oh wait, I can put my invisible ones over there!

Don't get me started on row two for 15!

Yes, I can't see my dragons very well, which is a pain in the rear.

Phoenix406
01-02-18, 03:46 PM

Thanks

Happy New Year

Droid players equality!

I would be upset if I didn't have the Arctic Isles, too, because i would feel like I was missing something, but I can tell you that the Arctic Isles is very expensive as far as your Dragoncash goes. It bankrupted me. It's also very limited - you can only have 6 habitats, and there are 18 dragons, so if you're like me and like to have multiples of some dragons, you just can't do it. Also, to complete all the goals in the Isles, you have to grow every dragon to level 10, and some of them are just downright ugly at level 10. On my second account, I am keeping the majority of them as babies and only growing up the ones I need to breed. There are 3 diamond hybrids you need to get. I have been trying breeding non-stop for *months* and can't get the third one. so the Isles are kind of a pain, tbh.

The1stCaretaker
01-02-18, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=The1stCaretaker;1483632]I know I'm getting tired of being able to view neighbors arctic isles but can't access my own that I created many years ago on an apple device. Another bug I found is the new land shows in arctic isles on android when visiting neighbors

Unless you are on Apple you won?t be able to access yours and as it such a failure I can?t see them pushing it out to Android. I really don?t see why Storm8 don?t just delete it from IOS and that would solve the problem

Right that's my point. I can access other players arctic isles on android which is strange but not have our own. Also when I so I see the new land in artic off to the right. Yeah instead of just removing from ios they give you guys extra leader board points from it. Tbh Id much rather have an actual album where the blank coming soon icon has been for years.

random59
01-02-18, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=random59;1483654]

Right that's my point. I can access other players arctic isles on android which is strange but not have our own. Also when I so I see the new land in artic off to the right. Yeah instead of just removing from ios they give you guys extra leader board points from it. Tbh Id much rather have an actual album where the blank coming soon icon has been for years.

The album actually isn’t that wonderful as it shows you what dragons you have yes but they are not in any set pattern, you cannot do a search and when you have over 800 dragons it’s a pain! I actually like what they have done with the breeding option... wish it could be done in the arena as well.

........Actually went into my Album just to check how painful it is, I have 870 dragons and the album shows 5 per line, that’s a lot of scrolling down!

random59
01-02-18, 10:21 PM
Flatfoot just had a disturbing read that the last 2 lines in the new marble key expansion key area takes 60 keys to clear 1 space. Which if I was to do the Tales events could take me 3 monrhs to craft 60 keys taking 10 days off each month for Tales.

There are 10 expansions in the last 2 lines in total which would mean that it would take 30 months or a humongous amount of gold (6000 gold) Could you please let us know what the expansions take please!

Ilsadrago
01-03-18, 05:18 PM
Has the new land expansion been pushed out to everyone? I don't have it yet, nor is there a game update in the app store. I only have 10 spots left to expand, so I'm getting worried I'll soon be unable to purchase habitats or place dragons.

I have invested a lot of time and money in this game, and I want to keep playing, but I won't if I have no room to place my dragons. I used to spend a fair amount of cash on gold, but as I've seen the changes in the last year that offer less and less incentive to achieve, I rarely buy any now. I do, however, want to be able to expand and keep playing.

[S8] Elsa
01-03-18, 05:21 PM
Has the new land expansion been pushed out to everyone? I don't have it yet, nor is there a game update in the app store. I only have 10 spots left to expand, so I'm getting worried I'll soon be unable to purchase habitats or place dragons.

I have invested a lot of time and money in this game, and I want to keep playing, but I won't if I have no room to place my dragons. I used to spend a fair amount of cash on gold, but as I've seen the changes in the last year that offer less and less incentive to achieve, I rarely buy any now. I do, however, want to be able to expand and keep playing.

If you don't have it, you need to update your app. If you're playing a seasonal edition, please go to the normal version and delete the seasonal one.

kat8rose
01-03-18, 07:45 PM
Loved it at first glance, then quick demotion to like lol. Now, SMH after the first few pieces of land, we can basically get one new plot every month or two! That's not a solution, imho. We need to have our mines opened and more airborne type land available to us as a real solution. Some one listen, and help your loyal customers

justinbieber4444
01-07-18, 09:27 AM
And since every Tales event requires crafting, you have to interrupt crafting marble pieces for at least a week to complete the event!

Den8137259
01-07-18, 09:54 AM
S8 please relook at the mechanics for the new land expansion; marble crafting time be made sleek at 1 hour and marble requirements to be lowered ★

Mere lengthening the crafting time and exponential marble requirements have greatly hindered our expansion efforts; we cannot catch up with your new releases of drags and habitats ~ And the same old story repeats itself once more ★

1bvdl5
01-09-18, 08:03 AM
I like how it will take years and years to fully expand new area. The only thing is will the game still be relevant then?

skyharbor602
01-09-18, 11:17 AM
I like how it will take years and years to fully expand new area. The only thing is will the game still be relevant then?

I ask myself the same question...

CaRee215
01-09-18, 11:25 AM
Ok, guess S8 hasn't read any of these ANGRY posts or just doesn't care. WOW THERE ARE SOME ANGRY HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS, S8, I'M ONE IS THEM AS WELL. I AGREE WITH THE POST, "I know I'll just concentrate on expanding in dragon story as my lifetime goal now..."Ok n the keys are 8 gold to speed crated them but to out right but them to expand they are 10 gold each. I craft for 12 hrs n spend 4 gold to finish... i wish a moderator would actually research this n talk to S8 n try to explain our pain. A woman can hope n pray for that.... lol

kooky panda
01-09-18, 11:59 AM
This new dragon may help a little.

-Charter-Dragon-(Earns-Raw-Marble (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102752-Charter-Dragon-(Earns-Raw-Marble)-)

Caristalyc
01-09-18, 12:15 PM
Hardly KP Does S8 think we’re that stupid. Breeding gives us plenty of raw marble, don’t need a dragon to give us any. If it gave keys then it would be worth buying. Can’t see many takers on this!

njbhugjjgnj
01-09-18, 02:14 PM
Hardly KP Does S8 think we’re that stupid. Breeding gives us plenty of raw marble, don’t need a dragon to give us any. If it gave keys then it would be worth buying. Can’t see many takers on this!

I agree

newzealander
01-09-18, 02:29 PM
Agree. Maybe they are hoping that in a knee jerk reaction people will buy it, not realising it is raw marble rather than keys. I think there’s been a few similar traps before; wasn’t there one with island maps? And there’s the bomb ones. If you’re playing regularly, these don’t solve the bottle necks.

Be careful out there, people! Spend your hard earned gold wisely!

(And note that it isn’t just the dragon you need to buy; you also need to purchase a dedicated island ... which needs .... LAND!)

random59
01-09-18, 02:39 PM
I actually opened a thread called marble keys which surprisingly nobody has read or commented on.

Now they deem to insult us by introducing this Marble dragon, the dragon gods are laughing at us that is for real. Marble is the easiest thing to produce all you need is to breed 2 dragons and the end result is you get rewarded by marble wow.

What we need is a Marble Key Dragon, I don’t believe I just typed that but it is true. I feel for the community members who have purchased other resource dragons for the mines and maps. I have a map dragon but that is of little significance considering I can sell the habitat and place the dragon in storage. But for others there has been a great outlay to buy these dragons and their resources now are obsolete as currently they are not used.

We still receive Island parts and maps in various events but for a great number of us they are useless, we could all wallpaper our dragon Stables with them numerous times.

What we need is the percentage given option that gives us as maps and Island parts given for events which I think range from 12 to 15 percent instead of these redundant resources.

Come to the part Storm8, this debacle is of your making not ours!

RhodryMaelwaedd
01-09-18, 03:36 PM

-Charter-Dragon-(Earns-Raw-Marble (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102752-Charter-Dragon-(Earns-Raw-Marble)-)

Lol, are you serious? How would this help?

jjblueyes
01-10-18, 01:21 AM

Helps make money. I was leery of this new expansion and said so when it was released. For many of us who have hundreds and hundreds of dragons in storage and in stables this isn’t helping much. Keep dumping massive dragons on us and no way to keep up. I didn’t even attempt to get the holiday dragons in the last event. I have no place to put them and they will just pile up in storage. Plus I’m sure I can just buy them next year on sale. Sorry to say this game is really falling apart.

The1stCaretaker
01-10-18, 07:58 AM
Raw material dragon is useless. Need the marble. One other thing. I used to buy the new habitats but completely stopped. If they are not 5 capacity habitats I will no longer purchase them. 4 dragon habitats are just going to put us right back into a jammed up place.

Den8137259
01-10-18, 09:30 AM
Raw material dragon is useless. Need the marble. One other thing. I used to buy the new habitats but completely stopped. If they are not 5 capacity habitats I will no longer purchase them. 4 dragon habitats are just going to put us right back into a jammed up place.

Need the real marble key deal, and I do hope S8 can upgrade this drag to provide it ~ and all the money will come (: ★

Den8137259
01-10-18, 09:34 AM

Well, as KP replied: this new dragon may help a little.

But not a lot lol ★ she had hinted! (: ★

1bvdl5
01-10-18, 09:44 AM
Helps make money. I was leery of this new expansion and said so when it was released. For many of us who have hundreds and hundreds of dragons in storage and in stables this isn?t helping much. Keep dumping massive dragons on us and no way to keep up. I didn?t even attempt to get the holiday dragons in the last event. I have no place to put them and they will just pile up in storage. Plus I?m sure I can just buy them next year on sale. Sorry to say this game is really falling apart.

engaging "downward spiral" a lot needs to change here for real improvements.

The1stCaretaker
01-10-18, 10:33 AM
You would think they know by now the game is been going down hill for a while now or they think they are doing a good job lol. The only nice thing they've done in a long time is release those 50 gold 5 dragon habitats. I have about 80 of them and I probably won't buy anymore 4s unless it's really needed

tinkyw1nky
01-10-18, 12:10 PM
You would think they know by now the game is been going down hill for a while now or they think they are doing a good job lol. The only nice thing they've done in a long time is release those 50 gold 5 dragon habitats. I have about 80 of them and I probably won't buy anymore 4s unless it's really needed
I think that was a mistake. They took those 5 dragon habitats down after like 24 hours

summersalt
01-10-18, 12:53 PM

This should help you figure out when to stop expanding. Hope this helps

There was no attachment

summersalt
01-10-18, 12:55 PM

Can't believe I missed tht one due to a 1000 gold trap tap. Probably won't see that again.

summersalt
01-10-18, 01:12 PM

Still have this question. How will I know when I'm at expansion 55. I'm sure I have a long ways to go still and I don't want to forget

Den8137259
01-10-18, 05:15 PM
Still have this question. How will I know when I'm at expansion 55. I'm sure I have a long ways to go still and I don't want to forget

Summersalt the last plot of land is here, do not expand this (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTOAY1RVMAAo71u?format=jpg

The1stCaretaker
01-10-18, 06:37 PM
Summersalt the last plot of land is here, do not expand this (: ★

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTOAY1RVMAAo71u?format=jpg

I still can't get over that they only gave us 16 of those new mining land spots. 16 for an entire year of continuous dragons. What a joke

random59
01-11-18, 12:50 PM
Flatfoot just had a disturbing read that the last 2 lines in the new marble key expansion key area takes 60 keys to clear 1 space. Which if I was to do the Tales events could take me 3 monrhs to craft 60 keys taking 10 days off each month for Tales.

There are 10 expansions in the last 2 lines in total which would mean that it would take 30 months or a humongous amount of gold (6000 gold) Could you please let us know what the expansions take please!

FlatFoot, hope you had a great break back East with family and friends but would still like a reply for the above please!

roadui
01-12-18, 05:36 AM
Hi people I am like players who bought the Charter Dragon and I didn't read the description because I was sure S8 did a good dragon for the rewarded Marble Keys but when I saw my mistake it was too late.
No refund possible because I didn't read.
For me Two solutions from devs : Timer for craft Marble Keys decrease to 2 hours Or Charter dragon give Marble Keys.

You agree?
Your opinion

blueangel826
01-12-18, 02:37 PM
I was so glad to get the new land expansion since I was totally landlocked! Then I discovered that each Marble Key takes 24 hrs to create! I've got nearly 1,000 island parts in storage that should be able to be used. Why can't S8 consider allowing us to use these first? This is just another slap in the face to all of your longtime players/customers who have waited for land expansion. Even with clearing land when starting DS, it never took longer than 3 days to expand even with the lg boulders & trees! Now it's 10, 15, 20, & up to 60 days to craft enough marble keys for one expansion! Provide us a 2nd Spell Shop to keep crafting Keys when we need to craft dragons or decor for DT! Is this any way to provide good relationships with those who've stayed around waiting for expansion? I had considered joining many of my nbrs who left DS when it became a full time job to keep up with the events, never having a break to care for my 850+ dragons. Unless the crafting time per marble key is decreased to a "reasonable" time & the # to unlock an expansion is drastically decreased, I'll join the many people who left behind a game we once enjoyed playing! Hope you consider these ideas, Flatfoot, since you do communicate with those who appreciate your designs & support:) Thanks!

jjblueyes
01-13-18, 07:30 AM
engaging "downward spiral" a lot needs to change here for real improvements.

A lot! Feel like there’s a real agenda to tick the long long time players off and make us quit so we stop the negative reactions to all the nonsense. Hurts to know all my years of dedication with both time and money (lots of each) is not only not rewarded but feels like it’s punished. Not a great way to treat good paying customers in my opinion.

jjblueyes
01-13-18, 07:43 AM
I was so glad to get the new land expansion since I was totally landlocked! Then I discovered that each Marble Key takes 24 hrs to create! I've got nearly 1,000 island parts in storage that should be able to be used. Why can't S8 consider allowing us to use these first? This is just another slap in the face to all of your longtime players/customers who have waited for land expansion. Even with clearing land when starting DS, it never took longer than 3 days to expand even with the lg boulders & trees! Now it's 10, 15, 20, & up to 60 days to craft enough marble keys for one expansion! Provide us a 2nd Spell Shop to keep crafting Keys when we need to craft dragons or decor for DT! Is this any way to provide good relationships with those who've stayed around waiting for expansion? I had considered joining many of my nbrs who left DS when it became a full time job to keep up with the events, never having a break to care for my 850+ dragons. Unless the crafting time per marble key is decreased to a "reasonable" time & the # to unlock an expansion is drastically decreased, I'll join the many people who left behind a game we once enjoyed playing! Hope you consider these ideas, Flatfoot, since you do communicate with those who appreciate your designs & support:) Thanks!

Agreed. There is the quest for maps, rewards that are maps, mining for maps and bingo challenges that require expanding with maps. I have over a thousand maps and there is zero I can do with them? Not only is this a huge punishment to us 3-5 year players but it keeps us from doing basic game play in bingo. Do the folks running this have any clue how ridiculous it is to get a pile of maps as a reward in these events? If you have got to a place in the game where maps are useless then why not create rewards that then kick in that gives us these stinking keys we are being forced to make and use? That only seems fair but we all know nothing about this game now is fair for most of us senior players. It’s insanity, it’s insulting and it’s darn right cruel to continue this way.

Phoenix406
01-16-18, 03:06 PM

I agree that we need to be able to turn our island parts into something useable. I would love to be able to make all of our extraneous materials that we have collected from various events into something useful, such as gold or food or marble keys. It all just sits there clogging up our storage.

Phoenix406
01-16-18, 03:12 PM
In addition to the "complaint" I just posted, I have a couple others. I made the mistake, apparently, of using my last expansion with island parts, so now I cannot accumulate any more dynamite. As others have stated, this very much reduces the amount of food that I am able to obtain from mining. It also makes some of my bingo tasks impossible (yes, I know that I can refresh for a new challenge). Is there any way to restore the mine so that we can still mine for food, even if we can't get island parts?

Second, on my second account, which has now achieved level 100, I can still use Mystic maps and island parts. However, it will *not* allow me to expand using marble. Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Is this part of the "wave" that was being referred to? Do you have to use up all your island part expansions before you can start using marble keys? I just want to know why I'm crafting them but not able to actually unlock any land with them.

kooky panda
01-17-18, 11:08 AM
Second, on my second account, which has now achieved level 100, I can still use Mystic maps and island parts. However, it will *not* allow me to expand using marble. Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Is this part of the "wave" that was being referred to? Do you have to use up all your island part expansions before you can start using marble keys? I just want to know why I'm crafting them but not able to actually unlock any land with them.

I have one map expansion left and I have the new Land marble part expansions. Make sure you are playing the regular game and not a seasonal version of the game.

Troyan7
01-17-18, 11:28 AM
New marble expansions are definitely too costly and time consuming and as such not really a feasible option. Timer for crafting keys should be lowered considerably from 24h - at least to 12h. 24h is difficult to manage during tales too.

Additionally, I feel like there should be a new island expansion involving the maps and the mines along with this one. More options are always good!

graovac
01-17-18, 11:36 AM
My crafting house is working 24/7 ...I still have space for new habbitats since I only get new dragons from tournaments or tales. Breeding only crappy duplicates. Also this decoration is useless. I'm tired of cleaning my inventory which I get from tales and spins.
And this land should be easily attainable, however S8 is doing just the opposite with everything, same goes for land.

roadui
01-17-18, 01:37 PM
Please S8 can you do somthing with Charter dragon for get Marble Keys and decrease the timer from the Spell shop.
The Community want expand faster than now and in my opinion expand with 45 or more Marble keys should waist 45 hours.

Phoenix406
01-18-18, 02:58 PM
I have one map expansion left and I have the new Land marble part expansions. Make sure you are playing the regular game and not a seasonal version of the game.

Hi Kooky, Yes, I am definitely on the most recent version of the game. Do you think it's because I still have "island parts" expansions left on that account? On my first account, I have no island parts expansions remaining, but I have Mystic Maps expansions and can use marble as well. On my second account, I have island parts and mystic maps, and I have the island where the marble key expansions go, but it absolutely will not allow me to expand there. It always sends me back to one of the islands that needs to be cleared with Mystic Maps.

Anuisia
01-18-18, 04:58 PM
Hi Kooky, Yes, I am definitely on the most recent version of the game. Do you think it's because I still have "island parts" expansions left on that account? On my first account, I have no island parts expansions remaining, but I have Mystic Maps expansions and can use marble as well. On my second account, I have island parts and mystic maps, and I have the island where the marble key expansions go, but it absolutely will not allow me to expand there. It always sends me back to one of the islands that needs to be cleared with Mystic Maps.

I have the island expansion using marble keys and I am still clearing land with mystic maps and expanding using island pieces from the mine! I have been clearing land with all 3 methods since we got the new island!

Phoenix406
01-18-18, 05:07 PM
I have the island expansion using marble keys and I am still clearing land with mystic maps and expanding using island pieces from the mine! I have been clearing land with all 3 methods since we got the new island!

Thank you for the information! It looks like I need to contact support, then.

bozotc19
01-21-18, 02:21 PM
The new expansion algorithm is total bs. Each expansion takes between 10 and 60 keys. Ridiculous. Each takes 24 hours. And it closes down during most events and is limited if one chooses to play bingo. Great....so I might get one slot every two months. What started as a promising prospect has turned ugly. I’m just fed up with this game

summersalt
01-25-18, 08:33 AM
I dont know where to place this question but the only habitat available for the new world dragons is small world. Why is there a limit of 1 ( Which only holds two dragons) . There are already like 9 world dragons or more.

Den8137259
01-25-18, 06:07 PM
I dont know where to place this question but the only habitat available for the new world dragons is small world. Why is there a limit of 1 ( Which only holds two dragons) . There are already like 9 world dragons or more.

hi summersalt, good thing is the world drags are all "impure" types (logically speaking, i am referring to the colour types, no offense), so you can actually park your new world drags in any of the common habitats that supports the same colour type! (: ★

TBH the world type habitat is "so small world" and can only house 2 country drags! I would sell it away to make seat for a 3-drag habitat at least ★

random59
01-26-18, 02:31 PM
FlatFoot, Elsa is the question of marble keys going to be addressed at all! I believe the last 2 rows of this new expansion all require 60 keys per clearing. This will take us nearly 30 months of crafting for required keys if we craft for other reasons like arena and mining dragons along with Tales!

Why do you still persist in having rewards on avanues to expand whilst players who are up at the higher levels have no need for these redundant parts. Why can you just not give us the corresponding amount of marble keys or let the individual player decide what they require.

Why can’t Storm8 for once do something for the good of the game and give something back to the community. I shan’t be holding my breath about receiving a reply even though this topic should have some transparency!

roadui
01-27-18, 07:15 AM
I bought the Charter dragon and I hope one day he will become usefull.
I agree with you random59 I don't want wait 2 years for expand all my island.

Den8137259
01-27-18, 08:27 AM
FlatFoot, Elsa is the question of marble keys going to be addressed at all! I believe the last 2 rows of this new expansion all require 60 keys per clearing. This will take us nearly 30 months of crafting for required keys if we craft for other reasons like arena and mining dragons along with Tales!

I don't understand Storm8's rationale on this cos at this rate you'll make us land clearing farmers n not players.

We can forget about participating in events, cos they would generate need for more land and hinder our land clearing progress ★

CaRee215
01-30-18, 12:39 AM
Ok I'm running outta map space that's already cleared too NOW. PLEASE S8 GIVE US ACTUAL KEYS AS PRIZES SO WE CAN ACTUALLY CLEAR FASTER THAN 3 YEARS, OR GREATLY REDUCE CRAFT TIME. REALLY? THE GREED JUST OOZES FROM YOUR PORES N SKIN PEOPLE, CRAFTING MAKES US SPEND GOLD SINCE THEY ARE 8 TO CRAFT. COME ON DO THESE 2 THINGS FOR THE MONEY SPENDING, OLDER, LOYAL, ACTIVE PLAYING PLAYERS THAT STILL WANNA PLAY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. THIS WAY WE CAN EXPAND N SPEND MUCH MORE GOLD ON EVERYTHING ELSE.... PLEASE LOOK AT OUR ACCOUNTS N SEE HOW MUCH WE SPEND. TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT IF THIS IS ABOUT GREED.

Den8137259
02-01-18, 09:44 AM
I'm in limbo n unable to move onward ★ cos not enough lands for the growing breeds and the keys take far too long time to produce ★

Phoenix406
02-01-18, 12:05 PM
I contacted support about the issue that I am having with not being able to expand using marble keys on my second account. The response I received was completely useless, telling me that I have to use raw marble to craft keys. Well, yeah, I clearly stated in my ticket that I was trying to use marble keys to expand, and *the game won't let me!*

kooky panda
02-01-18, 02:07 PM
I contacted support about the issue that I am having with not being able to expand using marble keys on my second account. The response I received was completely useless, telling me that I have to use raw marble to craft keys. Well, yeah, I clearly stated in my ticket that I was trying to use marble keys to expand, and *the game won't let me!*
Please respond back to their response clarifying your issue.

Gladiola8
02-01-18, 05:45 PM
I'm in limbo n unable to move onward ★ cos not enough lands for the growing breeds and the keys take far too long time to produce ★

I found that clearing the new land is annoying & frustrating, takes 24 hrs to turn the raw marbles into marble keys. In addition, more marble keys are required when you want to clear the back rows. Anyway, I am slowing down with this game now. I think my patience is slowly running out.

The1stCaretaker
02-01-18, 11:21 PM
I'm at the row that takes 35 keys and now I've been at a stand still. Meanwhile I'm almost at 1500 raw material. At this rate I'll have tens of thousands of raw materials before I even clear any more. This is stupid. We need more mining land. I used to buy tons of new habitats but refuse lately for several reasons. 1 there still really isn't land because it's impossible to clear and 2 if it doesn't holds 5 dragons I ain't buying. Such potential for this game and yet it goes down more and more

kanajunroses
02-04-18, 12:48 AM
With the new islands, why in bingo request we have to mainland mapping conquest, or dynamite for island parts.....have no use for maps, when dynamite mining is closed.... you re lost. Can't expand Arctic island or use land pieces....these need to be Updated in bingo. The free gifts only gives me coin...I'm close enough to 900,000,000 so not interested. Got to laugh won some maps...not keys. S8 has redone the conquest by getting rid of gold bricks from volcanic conquest and now taken away gems from gem in the sky..only received 250 coin. Searching for food gave me 200 coin the last two times. The biscuit is no longer adequete for the high hoops you have to jump thru. Notice the boosted weekend no happening but never had luck so no loss. Not pleased. Very sad.

roadui
02-04-18, 04:07 AM
I agree kanajunroses

kanajunroses
02-04-18, 10:28 PM
Haha..so sad...watched extra long video for free gift and received one (null). watch that your not ripped off.

kat8rose
02-10-18, 10:25 PM
Open mines and offer more of that type land, please and remove map prizes and give us KEYS, not marble chips.

RhodryMaelwaedd
02-11-18, 02:18 AM

Why do you still persist in having rewards on avanues to expand whilst players who are up at the higher levels have no need for these redundant parts. Why can you just not give us the corresponding amount of marble keys or let the individual player decide what they require.

Why can?t Storm8 for once do something for the good of the game and give something back to the community. I shan?t be holding my breath about receiving a reply even though this topic should have some transparency!

Still waiting for Flatfoot and/or Elsa to answer random59's legit questions....

maddylboudet
02-12-18, 02:27 PM
In addition to the "complaint" I just posted, I have a couple others. I made the mistake, apparently, of using my last expansion with island parts, so now I cannot accumulate any more dynamite. As others have stated, this very much reduces the amount of food that I am able to obtain from mining. It also makes some of my bingo tasks impossible (yes, I know that I can refresh for a new challenge). Is there any way to restore the mine so that we can still mine for food, even if we can't get island parts?

I just came looking for info on why my mine is closed and how the keys work and found this post by Phoenix laying out all of my issues and concerns. How can they just close our mine without ever telling us that this is what would happen if we reached the last island expansion? How are we supposed to know it was the last island expansion?! Unfair to not give information and then slam people w the results. I still have map expansions and haven?t yet figured out the arctic so I?ve got a way to go still but if I can?t feed my dragons then what do I need the land for?!

random59
02-13-18, 12:17 AM
I just came looking for info on why my mine is closed and how the keys work and found this post by Phoenix laying out all of my issues and concerns. How can they just close our mine without ever telling us that this is what would happen if we reached the last island expansion? How are we supposed to know it was the last island expansion?! Unfair to not give information and then slam people w the results. I still have map expansions and haven?t yet figured out the arctic so I?ve got a way to go still but if I can?t feed my dragons then what do I need the land for?!

Look at post 201 on this thread and you will find a picture that has been posted about when to stop! Our last floating island expansion previously was a 6 habitat space and then we got allocated with another 16, so you can expand another 15, do not expand the16th or you will close your mine. If your mine is closed you have expanded in full and you will not be able to re-enter the mine until new floating islands are released, this will not be any time soon in my opinion.

Maybe just maybe you have not closed your mine but you have reached your habitat allotment for your level and this may not let you mine, unsure on this as I am not in that position!

If you are on iOS and have access to the Artic Isles you can or could request maps from neighbours from your main game as well as the Arctic Isles. hope this has helped you a little to understand the dynamics of the game!

Why can?t you feed your dragons?

The keys are only able to be used at a certain level or clearing of land, haven?t worked that out yet on a lower level game yet. Every time you breed a dragon from the nest you receive marble 1 for every 4 hours. When you have 5
Marble you can go and craft a marble key needed for unlocking further land. You will need to view previous posts to the workings of this new feature of the game!

bozotc19
02-13-18, 02:24 AM
Well, Flatfoot told us about exciting news about opening up new land. Well this is exasperating. I might get one per month if lucky, and that without playing bingo or any of the events which require crafting. Do these guys even play test the games they offer, I am really fed up. Can some Mod please communicate the insanity of the situation to the powers that be?

Phoenix406
02-13-18, 04:17 PM
I don't know if I am the only one who didn't understand this or what, but it would have been really helpful to tell us that we have to clear the land up to the bridge in order to start using marble keys. I was focused on clearing the little island with the Dawn Tree or whatever it's called and the little ones next to it. I've crafted quite a few keys and been totally unable to use them. Now I know why. I wasted *weeks* that I could have been clearing the big island in order to get to the bridge. #SMH

CranberryMil
02-13-18, 04:40 PM
I don't know if I am the only one who didn't understand this or what, but it would have been really helpful to tell us that we have to clear the land up to the bridge in order to start using marble keys. I was focused on clearing the little island with the Dawn Tree or whatever it's called and the little ones next to it. I've crafted quite a few keys and been totally unable to use them. Now I know why. I wasted *weeks* that I could have been clearing the big island in order to get to the bridge. #SMH

#MeToo i clear all the way to the other isle and the bridge is still broken

random59
02-16-18, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=random59;1488978]FlatFoot, Elsa is the question of marble keys going to be addressed at all! I believe the last 2 rows of this new expansion all require 60 keys per clearing. This will take us nearly 30 months of crafting for required keys if we craft for other reasons like arena and mining dragons along with Tales!

Why can?t Storm8 for once do something for the good of the game and give something back to the community. I shan?t be holding my breath about receiving a reply even though this topic should have some transparency![/QUOTE/]

Elsa, FlatFoot

I take it that by your silence which is deafening by the way and quite insulting by not answering this legitimate question that you don?t care that it may take us up to 30 months to clear this new land.

I wonder do you play this game at all?

heather11778
02-16-18, 03:44 PM
Haven't gotten this yet I'm on android what's up with that

[S8] Elsa
02-16-18, 04:05 PM
Haven't gotten this yet I'm on android what's up with that

Are you playing a seasonal edition? Please play the original version.

CranberryMil
02-17-18, 10:09 AM
#MeToo i clear all the way to the other isle and the bridge is still broken

My bad, you need clean the 2 Areas that have a bridge part to unlock the next isle

margrietroos
02-18-18, 05:54 AM
When I play the original version it does not work properly. I dont see the dragons and the game Works rally slow. When I harvest the farms disappear for a while.
I can't play like this. Holiday version Works fine.
I am on android

Troyan7
02-24-18, 12:32 AM
I am land-locked again, unless I clear up new land with gold...

So sad to see so much new land, but unable to use it.

FireballFarm
02-27-18, 11:48 PM
I've done all the updates and even cleared a few of the new land areas. Wondering why bridge still looks unfinished?

http://i.imgur.com/EynR7Ps.jpg

Den8137259
03-02-18, 08:26 PM
I'm going to sell my farms to make way for land ★ it's the fastest and most brutal TBH ★

thecrystaldragon
03-04-18, 05:16 PM
Hello again folks! I seem to be experiencing an odd bug where the new island is there, and I am able to craft keys, but not use those keys to expand the island. In other words, there is no highlighted yellow square on the new marble island when selecting the expand option. Any idea why that is?
Regards,
Crystal

kooky panda
03-05-18, 10:58 AM
Hello again folks! I seem to be experiencing an odd bug where the new island is there, and I am able to craft keys, but not use those keys to expand the island. In other words, there is no highlighted yellow square on the new marble island when selecting the expand option. Any idea why that is?
Regards,
Crystal
Please try force closing and restarting your game. Also make sure you are playing the regular version of the game and not a seasonal version.

summersalt
03-09-18, 11:33 AM
I am running out of space with the new breeding times. I know ive seen a post about dragon stables, but I Can't find it in the search. Can someone tell me how many dragons the stable holds for 25 gold?

lintupien
03-09-18, 12:15 PM
I am running out of space with the new breeding times. I know ive seen a post about dragon stables, but I Can't find it in the search. Can someone tell me how many dragons the stable holds for 25 gold?

5 dragons.