PDA

View Full Version : FORUM CONTEST: Valentine's Pet Design Contest *WINNER ANNOUNCED*

PikaSquirrel
12-05-17, 06:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Qy4WlZf.png?1

Choose from the templates shown and design your very own Valentine's Day-themed pet! The winning design will appear in Castle Story during February!

Don't consider yourself an artist? Don't worry! We're only looking for great concepts. Include a detailed description of what you are submitting and it may still be selected. After all concepts have been submitted, we (Storm8) will choose our 5 favorite designs (1 per pet) and put them up for a player vote for the best 3! The winners will receive some great prizes as outlined below. Good luck!

Note: The winning animal's type will not determine its drops -- so vote on the design you like best!

Submit your Valentine's-themed Pet concepts for the following Pets:

Alicorn
Dragon
Flyger
Naga
Peacock

How to submit your concepts:

Submit your concepts in a reply to this thread with your Storm8 ID
How to access the forums:

-Create a Storm8 ID and password through the HELP/FAQ page in any game. This will be your login info for the forums.
How to post images:

-Take a picture of your concept and upload the file to imgur or another image hosting website.

Guidelines:
Entries that do not meet these guidelines are subject to disqualification.

All entries must be images and your own original work.
All entries must agree to the Disclaimer listed below.
All entries must be posted in this thread by 12:00 PM PST on December 22, 2017.
See full contest rules HERE (https://www.storm8.com/rules/castlestory/).

Voting:

Voting will take place shortly after the submission deadline and will be closed at 11:00AM PDT on January 3rd, 2018.
The top voted designs for will receive the rewards listed below and must agree to the disclaimer below.

Prizes:
The top three concepts will receive the following rewards:

The winning design as an in game pet.
120 Gems
Accelerated progress in our upcoming February World Event.

Each individual submitting an Entry will be awarded:

1 Energy Crate (or Gem equivalent)

Disclaimer:
By submitting any art, drawings or other materials (collectively, "Art Work") to Storm8, Inc. ("Storm8"), you transfer (and hereby agree to such transfer) to Storm8 all rights, title and interest in and to the Art Work, including without limitation all copyrights and moral rights. For clarity, by transferring such rights you are giving Storm8 the right to, among other things, modify and use in any way all Art Work, including but not limited to incorporating it into a game. In addition, to the extent the transfer of moral rights is not permitted by law, you hereby irrevocably waive any claim based on moral rights, if any, in the Art Work. You represent and warrant that you own the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to the copyrights, in and to the Art Work, and that Storm8's exercise of any rights in or to the Art Work, including but not limited to the reproduction, public display and performance, distribution and preparation of derivative works of the Art Work, will not infringe any third party rights or violate any applicable law.

Note: Top 3 will also be asked to sign and return a Content Submission Agreement in order to be eligible to receive the prize.
https://i.imgur.com/FcbZHnk.png?1https://i.imgur.com/To42uV1.png?1https://i.imgur.com/iaMFGMe.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/k8j8J5A.png?1https://i.imgur.com/639Fc4t.png?1

QueenEverly
12-05-17, 08:34 PM
I was all excited about participating in this contest but then I read the rules and it's only open to residents of the US :( It's too bad because I bet there are lots of international players who would've loved to design a pet!

jesslau9
12-06-17, 06:55 PM
I was all excited about participating in this contest but then I read the rules and it's only open to residents of the US :( It's too bad because I bet there are lots of international players who would've loved to design a pet!

sad!

morsith
12-06-17, 08:10 PM

That sucks, I live in Australia. :(

SpiritWind00
12-06-17, 08:21 PM
You need to read the Rules linked in post 1. :)

ladyperidot
12-07-17, 08:13 AM
That's ok, I'm in the States and still can't participate. If you read the linked rules, if you are in Rhode Is, Florida, NY or District of Columbia, your are excluded. I live in Florida.��

VersaceMorrow
12-07-17, 10:16 AM
I am in NY ��

SpiritWind00
12-07-17, 07:04 PM
Need help uploading your picture? Instructions here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?38891 (I use step 5 when I post pics)

Irma_Isle
12-08-17, 11:20 PM
Why not open the contest for all country...?

SgtBeebo
12-12-17, 04:02 PM
There's 10 days left to make your entries! Let's sweep 'em off their feet with some lovable designs!

tvangstanke
12-14-17, 03:05 AM
What a brilliantly fun idea!!!
Too bad with all the restrictions.
I’ll never get to share my ancient and mesmerising viking rune dragons Favne and Nidhogg. Nor my slightly dim but completely lovable Olaf the Polarcorn.
*mope*

peachtreeshoppe
12-16-17, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know why NY and RI would be excluded? Can I submit but not get gems, or just can’t do it?

AnnirasSweets
12-22-17, 05:08 PM
My Storm8 ID is AnnirasSweets and I have zero artistic ability but I'm always overflowing with ideas when it comes to Castle Story! I've never entered one of these contests before so hopefully I'm doing this right.

My creation is called the Truffle Alicorn. In addition to dropping the regular pink Alicorn drops, she also gives: chocolate, syrup, chocolate cake, royal sundaes or sweet feasts.

The basic idea is this: A pink Alicorn was filled with Valentine's Day spirit and set about making truffles for all the creatures of the realm. Being that she had no hands, it got way messy and now she's covered in chocolate and maybe sprinkles or other candies. Since her original plan to spread the love on Valentine's Day was a bust, she decided instead to distribute sweet items when the realm's ruler tapped on her instead.

As stated above, I have no artistic talents so I've simply colored the image in via paint as a child does a coloring book. Hopefully my ideas come through to fill in the details where my sorry painting has not.

morsith
12-23-17, 11:54 PM
My Storm8 ID is AnnirasSweets and I have zero artistic ability but I'm always overflowing with ideas when it comes to Castle Story! I've never entered one of these contests before so hopefully I'm doing this right.

My creation is called the Truffle Alicorn. In addition to dropping the regular pink Alicorn drops, she also gives: chocolate, syrup, chocolate cake, royal sundaes or sweet feasts.

The basic idea is this: A pink Alicorn was filled with Valentine's Day spirit and set about making truffles for all the creatures of the realm. Being that she had no hands, it got way messy and now she's covered in chocolate and maybe sprinkles or other candies. Since her original plan to spread the love on Valentine's Day was a bust, she decided instead to distribute sweet items when the realm's ruler tapped on her instead.

As stated above, I have no artistic talents so I've simply colored the image in via paint as a child does a coloring book. Hopefully my ideas come through to fill in the details where my sorry painting has not.

I love the Truffle Alicorn. :o I always need more chocolate.

hagypagy
12-27-17, 02:56 AM
So this competition seems to be a bit of a bust ...
Weird competition restrictions to the USA only ...
And only one entry so far :eek:

An awesome entry tho!! :cool:
The chocolate drops (especially the Royal Sundaes and Sweet Feasts) are exactly what's needed!!
Awesome origin story and great design!!

Tho I would suggest a name revision: (cause a Truffle Ali would drop truffles)
Maybe the Chocolate Alicorn??
Or even better ... a personalised name if there's a limit to one/player (like the Pepe or the marmoseas) ... Anniras Sweets in honor of the designer!! (actually perfect cause it drops sweets!)

This player should definitely be awarded top prize (even if other entries roll in).

Also, is a poll to this thread an option to help decide and award winners??
It should be!
SW could you please ask the developers this please. Thanks!!

lilymonster4
12-27-17, 11:36 AM
I had no idea about this 😩 never got the notification 😢

butterfly_25
12-27-17, 12:17 PM
This is the first I'm hearing about it, thanks to your reply bumping it up. I'm not eligible anyway, but now I wonder how many people even knew about it :p

jesslau9
12-27-17, 07:07 PM
So this competition seems to be a bit of a bust ...
Weird competition restrictions to the USA only ...
And only one entry so far :eek:

yeah a bust since it was restricted and according to the ''rules'', the contest ended on 22nd

PurpleScorpion76
01-07-18, 10:10 AM
Yeah I've only just seen this as well, I would have considered entering had I known but wouldn't have been able to as I live in the UK, having said all of that, a flash screen and link to the forum within the game itself may have got more participation.

Truffle / Chocolate Alicorn is a fabulous idea!

jillu123
01-09-18, 07:37 PM
Very nice idea love d concept 👍🏻

PikaSquirrel
01-18-18, 01:56 PM

Congratulations to AnnirasSweets for entering and winning the Valentine's Day Pet contest!

Look forward to seeing her Alicorn in Castle Story next month! :)

SpiritWind00
01-19-18, 03:16 PM
OH yay! Congratulations AnnirasSweets!

LynniesDragons
01-21-18, 11:26 AM
Congrats AnnirasSweets for winning the Valentines Contest. Great Job! Your talent shines through even though you don?t realize that it is
there. Love Your Valentine Allcorn! 💕💘💕💝💕💘💞

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 12:09 PM
Congrats to AnnirasSweets.. I love the idea of the Valentine Ali and do hope it does have the chocolate bar drops we use in our kitchen as this is very useful.

But add for S8 producers.. it was a pity 'all' players could not participate due to the extremely restrictive rules that were stated. The contest should have been offered to whoever plays CastleStory and has the game downloaded on their personal private device.

kattkrazie
01-21-18, 12:29 PM
Congratulations to Annirasweets for a great Ali concept.

I doubt that S8 excluded players from other countries as a sleight to them. There are many rules and regulations governing contests and those rules vary from country to country, state to state. Even in the U. S., 3 states were excluded that have complex rules for contests. There would probably have been a lot of red tape to get through to offer the contest to all players. So it's understandable that not all players could participate.

MoonVillage3
01-21-18, 01:27 PM
thanks Katt for pointing out.. yes, it's understandable.
but as I said.. "it was a pity"
red tape exists all over the world, not only in US.. but.. it would have been 'nice' if no one was excluded.
it's just my way of thinking as CS as 'one people' even though worldwide.

AnnirasSweets
01-21-18, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the congrats, everyone. While I was the only entry, I'm still happy to see people liked my idea.

HagyPagy made a good point about my title. I completely forgot about the regular Truffles that drop in the game. Total brain blip. Perhaps I should have called it the Chocolate Truffle Alicorn? I suppose the name doesn't matter in the long run, so long as my concept was understood. I'll admit I was unsure if I should post my idea since even my stick figures are sad but I figured why not. Like I said, I'm full of ideas for this game (an entire folder on my desktop) and was glad for a chance to share them.

I'm happy I did post this because I would love to see everyone get a new Alicorn for their kingdoms. My only regret is that more people didn't enter, I would've loved to see everyone's ideas for the game. Super excited to see how S8 will incorporate my idea and what story they will use. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever they choose to do because who doesn't love an Ali?

VersaceMorrow
01-23-18, 04:06 AM
Let's hope that S8 will actually allow us to acquire more alis.... the Baron's tent has been dismal lately so I am not keeping my hopes up. Congrats to AnnirasSweets though, maybe your design will force their hand.

hagypagy
02-02-18, 04:36 PM
So the SweetTooth Ali (which was apparently the winning design) is nothing like the Chocolate Truffle Ali. :(
It's animation is horrible! (Is that really 3cupcakes on his butt?!?)
Especially after AnnirasSweets design concept was so amazing.
And no mention of it dropping Sweet Feasts or Chocolate Sundaes.
And for 400gems!

How did Storm8 make something so great go so wrong??

hagypagy
02-02-18, 04:41 PM
I doubt that S8 excluded players from other countries as a sleight to them. There are many rules and regulations governing contests and those rules vary from country to country, state to state. Even in the U. S., 3 states were excluded that have complex rules for contests. There would probably have been a lot of red tape to get through to offer the contest to all players. So it's understandable that not all players could participate.

Also in regards to this ... A lot of countries competition restrictions only apply when real money is involved somehow.
Either in paying to enter the competition, or buying products to compete , or if there is cash money prizes.
None of this applies to this competition.

It was merely a design contest , and so should've been open to everyone worldwide.

PrincessCelestian
02-02-18, 05:43 PM
So the SweetTooth Ali (which was apparently the winning design) is nothing like the Chocolate Truffle Ali. :(
It's animation is horrible! (Is that really 3cupcakes on his butt?!?)
Especially after AnnirasSweets design concept was so amazing.
And no mention of it dropping Sweet Feasts or Chocolate Sundaes.
And for 400gems!

Yeah I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I saw it. It?s nothing like the design. And the cupcakes are disturbing. And I don?t understand why there was a caveat in the rules that the animal chosen had nothing to do with its drops yet the alicorn is dropping (surprise!) energy. Yet we don?t even know how much energy. Is it a daily Ali? Is it a weekly Ali? What?s its max energy? Is it worth 400 (!!!!!!) gems. No one knows!

Denkris111
02-02-18, 05:47 PM
Congrats!!! I hope S8 offers more design contests in the future :) I know there weren't a lot of entries this time (for me the issue was timing being right before the holidays) but I would love to see other players ideas for in game characters coming to life!

springtime77
02-02-18, 06:26 PM
Yeah I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I saw it. It?s nothing like the design. And the cupcakes are disturbing. And I don?t understand why there was a caveat in the rules that the animal chosen had nothing to do with its drops yet the alicorn is dropping (surprise!) energy. Yet we don?t even know how much energy. Is it a daily Ali? Is it a weekly Ali? What?s its max energy? Is it worth 400 (!!!!!!) gems. No one knows!

Yeah, 400 gems seems a little pricey if the Alicorn only drops 3 or 4 energy at a time, with rare exceptions of more.

A rough estimate of weekly drops would only be 28, compared to the Ali that drops 40 once per week for 600 gems. Perhaps 250 gems would be fair, just like Black Friday? I don’t mind spending gems, but it does get expensive on limited items.

hkcorrigan
02-02-18, 07:16 PM
Amirasweets or anyone who purchases it can give us a better idea of timing and drops

AnnirasSweets
02-02-18, 07:18 PM
It is a daily Alicorn but that’s all I know for now. It’s a baby right now, I think it should be grown in time for me to collect from it tomorrow. But seeing as how they changed a good bit of it and didn’t work it into the story at all I’m thinking its likely to only drop energy.

I put pics of the front and back of the inventory card up over in the event thread so people could see the info before deciding whether or not to purchase.

riverly
02-02-18, 09:24 PM
That looks like a pacifier in Sweet Tooth's mouth. I have to remind myself that it's a chocolate truffle.
The messy Ali looked happier.

AnnirasSweets
02-02-18, 09:35 PM
That looks like a pacifier in Sweet Tooth's mouth. I have to remind myself that it's a chocolate truffle.

Logically, I knew it wasn't going to be exactly as the pic I entered, which is good because mine was super rough looking, but still a good idea I think. However, what I didn't realize is how very much it would be altered. I suppose as long as it's an Ali that gives energy, then that's good enough but I will always think of Sweet Tooth as the Chocolate Truffle Ali I first imagined. :p

riverly
02-02-18, 10:08 PM
Logically, I knew it wasn't going to be exactly as the pic I entered, which is good because mine was super rough looking, but still a good idea I think. However, what I didn't realize is how very much it would be altered. I suppose as long as it's an Ali that gives energy, then that's good enough but I will always think of Sweet Tooth as the Chocolate Truffle Ali I first imagined. :pwhat I meant when I said messy was the chocolate on your Ali and your story about how she prepared the candy and well things got messy. Not your drawing by any means.
I guess part 2 is Ali got cleaned up and her truffles are delicious. Lol.
I wish she was in Baron's tent.

PrincessCupOButter
02-02-18, 10:16 PM
I wish she was in the Baron’s tent as well. I also think the melted chocolate was cuter. What better proof of a sweet tooth than wearing the evidence? :D

AinoDK
02-03-18, 01:19 AM
So S8 made a competetion which Annira won, well deserved, with a fun and chocolate-covered alicorn, an excellent story behind and ideas for drops. S8 then took the winner, changed the design, discarded the story and - from the description - probably also omitted the drops.

So now it is another daily alicorn on sale for 400 gems?

Annira, I want to buy your alicorn!

meme1098
02-03-18, 07:11 AM
I was awfully disappointed too when I tapped that popup only to see a totally different Ali.

If you're gonna have a contest & pick a winner S8, the winners entry should be the one displayed; with some tweaking maybe but not a totally different one! How disappointing for AnnirasSweets.

What was even the point of the contest then??!?

PS: I want to buy Anniras Ali too!

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-03-18, 07:45 AM
Joining the growing bandwagon...

I want to buy Annira's alicorn, AS DESIGNED - dripping in chocolate, with her story & drops!
And to honor the winner, I really wanted it to be NAMED Annira's Sweets (or at least, Annira).

Sweet Tooth has 3 (Chocolate bars? Cupcakes? ..what is that?) on her rear-end & 1 (again, what IS that?) in her mouth and is colored completely differently.
In the end, it didn't even require a contest, cuz it's just another new Valentine alicorn designed by S8 & not the winning alicorn at all.

Not really a very good way to entice players to participate in any future design contests you may have planned, S8, if the tweaking you do to the entrant's design is so extensive that it's NOT EVEN THE SAME DESIGN.

*hugs* to AnnirasSweets! We all LOVED your design & personally, I thought your coloring of the blank Ali jpg was spot on.
Here's keeping fingers crossed that it DOES have the drops you wanted, in addition to the small daily energy.

VersaceMorrow
02-03-18, 07:56 AM
They are so different that I can't believe Sweet Tooth is being promoted as the contest-winning design... either in how they look or the drops. Only the pink body is the same.

Irma_Isle
02-03-18, 09:07 AM
I think. It doesnt matter who won. And what they design. Because in the end, S8 still use their design. And put name of winner on it.

riverly
02-03-18, 09:32 AM
Being a Gemini I am going to make an argument for the other side. Sweet Tooth is a cute name. It could have been drawn from Anirias Sweets. She does have chocolate wings and chocolate was a theme for the story and the wings I think are pretty, and she does have chocolates on her body, tho those look a little strange on her rear end I have to admit. And she evidently likes chocolate candy because she's eating a piece.
Anyway I hope this does encourage other players to come up with some designs or in this case a general theme of another.
And I'll have to consider a gem purchase to get it because right now I just have about 60 gems. I haven't decided on that yet.
400 gems is too expensive.

PrincessCelestian
02-03-18, 10:42 AM
Even though she has a cupcake (?) in her mouth on the card, she does not in the actual game. Also disappointing. She?s a baby in my kingdom right now if anyone wants to see her. If she only drops small daily energy, I probably won?t be buying anymore.

AnnirasSweets
02-03-18, 12:48 PM
True, they did change the design but the main reason I entered was so that we all had a chance at another Ali since they seem to be in short supply. That and sharing my ideas in a place where S8 was likely to actually see them...Mission accomplished there. Also I won a ton of amazing prizes that weren't listed on the original contest so it's great that S8 let me "win" when technically they could've either cancelled the contest due to not enough entries or kept it open longer in hopes of more entries. It's not all bad, at all, just a switch up from what we expected. I've got the contest page bookmarked and check it once a week although it does seem like the contests are very few and far between.

ShibuyaCloth
02-03-18, 02:23 PM
I see two versions:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb909000.png_2v_31020.png
Baby Sweet Tooth (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_BabySweetTooth) - (Card (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inv/CastleStory-BabySweetTooth.png))
Storable: Yes
Info: With the help of our Valentine?s Day Contest winner -- Sweet Thoot the Alicorn was born! Gives various amounts of energy.
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 400 gems
Drops: Energy
Events: The Smoochie Booth - February 2018
Collection: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Collection Speed-up: 88 gems
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103010

and

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb909001.png_2v_31020.png
Sweet Tooth (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SweetTooth)
Storable: Yes
Info: With the help of our Valentine's Day Contest winner -- Sweet Thoot the Alicorn was born! Gives various amounts of energy.
Type: Decoration
Source: Event
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 400 gems
Drops: Energy
Events: The Smoochie Booth - February 2018
Collection: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Collection Speed-up: 88 gems
Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?103010

meme1098
02-03-18, 03:08 PM
:D Oops, Shibuyacloth. It's Sweet Tooth.

ShibuyaCloth
02-03-18, 03:30 PM
:D Oops, Shibuyacloth. It's Sweet Tooth.

Indeed ;)

PrincessCelestian
02-03-18, 03:33 PM
Indeed ;)

I like sweet thoot. Tehe. Glad the cupcake pops into her mouth when she grows up.

Denkris111
02-03-18, 03:33 PM
I personally love the Sweet Tooth. Mine just hit adulthood and the adult has the candy in it's mouth but the baby didnt. It is a daily ali, havent collected from its adult form yet. I think the chocolate colored wings/mane are super cute and make it really unique from the other Ali's. The candies look less weird on the 3d version, it kinda reminds me of my little ponie lol. No regrets!

ShibuyaCloth
02-03-18, 03:34 PM
I personally love the Sweet Tooth. Mine just hit adulthood and the adult has the candy in it's mouth but the baby didnt. It is a daily ali, havent collected from its adult form yet. I think the chocolate colored wings/mane are super cute and make it really unique from the other Ali's. The candies look less weird on the 3d version, it kinda reminds me of my little ponie lol. No regrets!

I will also correct my post.

Also:
+ Baby # tend
+ Timer of the gown up
+ Drops
+ Inventory pic?

AnnirasSweets
02-03-18, 03:51 PM
She has a 22hr timer, 88 gems to speed up, gave me 7 energy. I think I had to feed her 4 times to grow with 3 hour timer while she's a baby.

I also liked the Sweet Thooth misprint, made me think of a child with a lisp, too cute. I have the baby inventory pics too if those are needed.

PurpleScorpion76
02-03-18, 04:32 PM
I just realised probably cause I?m half asleep but they did kind of name the Ali in Annira?s honour... AnniraSweets - Sweet Tooth. So I think there is a nudge in the right direction.

Even though there is disappointment in the end result to a degree, I think it?s an opportunity for players to give a little of their own personality to the game, it was unfortunately an odds on favourite that the design department would change the look even by a small amount and it was probably in the terms and conditions that they gave themselves the ability to do that. But let?s be glad Anirra was thinking ahead for us all in giving us an Ali.

jackylina29
02-03-18, 06:09 PM
400 is to expensive unless it also drops feasts and sundaes...even if it was semi rare...the better idea would have been to add it to barons tent. Very bummed no alis available in tent yet again...it will be months b4 they change prizes again and most of us have believe they are a thing of the past. Maybe bi yearly they may end up in there so I guess I'm starting a cabbage savings account...I also wish it looked more like origianaly decorated...oh well

AinoDK
02-04-18, 02:09 AM
Seriously S8, you should consider adding drops: high chance of chocolate, rare chance of cake and sundaes and super rare chance of sweet feast.

Other daily alis have drops, and since all the suggested drops can be crafted, they will not affect game economy adversely. But they do make a difference when I consider whether I should pay 400 gems for a daily ali, having bought daily alis for 200 gems at the latest sale.

In fact, if you add these drops, I promise to buy one.

AnnirasSweets
02-04-18, 03:02 PM
My second collection from Sweet Tooth gave me 12 energy.

PrincessCelestian
02-04-18, 03:42 PM
My second collection from Sweet Tooth gave me 12 energy.

My first collection only gave me three energy. I was considering buying one or two more but I don?t think I will now. Still trying to decide if I want to buy one to keep as a baby. 400 gems is definitely way too expensive for a daily Ali with no special drops.

AnnirasSweets
02-04-18, 05:05 PM
My first collection only gave me three energy. I was considering buying one or two more but I don?t think I will now. Still trying to decide if I want to buy one to keep as a baby. 400 gems is definitely way too expensive for a daily Ali with no special drops.

What a bummer! I can't believe it dips below the standard 4 energy (which is bad enough) as a lowest drop. I'm really curious now as to what the highest possible drop is, 20? You'd think if it didn't have any special drops then it would skew higher on the daily energy scale, but maybe that's only logical to me.

While I wish Sweet Tooth had special drops, most of the drops from my other Alis are things I'm maxed on so when it comes down to purchasing I have to look at the energy averages. I was going to buy another but I think I'll refrain until I see if it's even possible to get 50 or 100. I just can't justify spending those gems if I'm not going to get big energy drops occasionally.

VersaceMorrow
02-04-18, 05:06 PM

An ali with less than 4???? Who ever heard of such a thing :(

OnlyOneRamoth
02-04-18, 09:58 PM
My first gave two energy! For FOUR HUNDRED GEMS! Have you guys totally lost your minds?!? Your business model sucks eggs.

riverly
02-04-18, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=hagypagy;1490468

you are so right! I've tried to stay positive but this is pathetic.

CharmOfLea
02-04-18, 10:34 PM
My first gave two energy! For FOUR HUNDRED GEMS! Have you guys totally lost your minds?!? Your business model sucks eggs.
2? Does that even qualify as an Ali?

Chaotarch
02-04-18, 11:40 PM
sweet thooth only max 4:eek::mad:

AnnirasSweets
02-05-18, 05:45 AM
2? Does that even qualify as an Ali?

I dunno, it sure doesn't sound like one. I mean, c'mon S8, 2 energy...from a daily Alicorn? My dragons give me more energy than that. If Sweet Tooth is going to give such low energy regularly then she should definitely be moved to the tent where players can get her without spending gems.

It would be nice if they would let us know for sure what her max energy drops are (we can clearly see what her lowest is) so people could make an informed decision before spending hundreds of gems on her.

peachtreeshoppe
02-05-18, 06:39 AM
Dragons give energy? I never noticed that so I stopped collecting when I maxed on scales. How much?

peachtreeshoppe
02-05-18, 06:40 AM
And congrats, Annira! I do wish it had the special food drops and had minimum four energy. That would make sense and shouldn’t upset too much, not like you were having it drop gold nuggets. (Oo that’d be a nice design in the future...)

PrincessCupOButter
02-05-18, 07:21 AM
J
Dragons give energy? I never noticed that so I stopped collecting when I maxed on scales. How much?

It is a semi rare drop from dragons, but when they do drop, it is always 5 energy. They can also drop gems, always 2 (when they drop). The different dragons also have special drops. Long swords, iron ore, and other things depending on the type of dragon. I have 12 different ones, and collect from them daily along with the daily alis.

Back on topic, I was seriously considering purchasing Sweet Tooth, but the reported energy drops have made my decision an easy one. I will wait for sales, or the barons tent. I will probably be waiting in vain, as it seems S8 has decided to severely limit player’s ability to acquire extra energy sources. It is a shame, especially for newer players who missed out on the tent’s “glory days” when they used to rotate Alis in occasionally.

AnnirasSweets, I do thank you for thinking of the players with your design and entry. I would have paid 400 gems for your Ali. :) It really is too bad S8 changed it to a shadow of your idea. But congrats on winning and getting lots of goodies!!

bumbleebeeville
02-05-18, 08:36 AM

So if she doesn?t drop chocolate, syrup, chocolate cake, royal sundaes or sweet feasts how does it even qualify as the same alicorn since that was the main point of her concept? I saved my gems to buy, but now I don?t know if I should.

ashley224
02-05-18, 09:21 AM
sweet thooth only max 4:eek::mad:

I’m shocked that they put a limit on something so pricy, I doubt that most people will reach the limit...

AnnirasSweets
02-05-18, 09:51 AM
Sweet Tooth must have found out I was on this thread doubting her because she gave me 100 energy on today's collection.

PrincessCelestian
02-06-18, 05:50 AM
And congrats, Annira! I do wish it had the special food drops and had minimum four energy. That would make sense and shouldn?t upset too much, not like you were having it drop gold nuggets. (Oo that?d be a nice design in the future...)

I was prepared to buy more of these but for 400 gems it is just too expensive. I will stick with one unless they drop the price or increase the good drops. I have not been impressed with her energy so far. 2 and 7 from my two collections. I would rather spend 200 gems more for a weekly Ali. Actually I have never even paid full price for a weekly Ali. And sweet tooth is definitely the most I have ever spent on a daily Ali. Maybe on an Ali period. So I am pretty disappointed in her. You could get a lot more gems outta me S8 if you made the purchases actually worth it.

PrincessCelestian
02-06-18, 04:47 PM
Soooo. Just collected for sweet tooth for a third time. A whopping 2 energy again. So with the 3 energy spent, I have had a net gain of 8 energy for 400 gems. Nope. Nuh uh. Not gonna fall in that trap again. Unless sweet tooth become 200 gems or less, there will only be one in my queendom. Another missed opportunity S8 considering the fact that pink is my favorite color and I was planning on having 4 or 5 of them to go along with my pink alis

kasumi2012
02-08-18, 05:21 AM
Soooo. Just collected for sweet tooth for a third time. A whopping 2 energy again. So with the 3 energy spent, I have had a net gain of 8 energy for 400 gems. Nope. Nuh uh. Not gonna fall in that trap again. Unless sweet tooth become 200 gems or less, there will only be one in my queendom. Another missed opportunity S8 considering the fact that pink is my favorite color and I was planning on having 4 or 5 of them to go along with my pink alis

Same here, 2 energy and 200 coins. OMG.

Chaotarch
02-08-18, 06:10 AM
got 123 enrgy from 4 sweetys...:eek:
maybe 1* 100 or 2* 50 + x ....:rolleyes:

ashley224
02-08-18, 06:23 AM
After many collections of 2 and 3, some 7 and 9, I received a 50 energy

katbtodd
02-08-18, 07:31 AM
Oh my I was going to buy two not now , after reading these posts not good , my purple dire boars and dragons sound better these this sweet tooth
Not unless they change It ..may be its a bug!

Denkris111
02-08-18, 02:20 PM
Maybe ive just been lucky, but with the exception of one 2 energy drop, my Sweet Tooth is consistently dropping more than all my othe daily Ali's. Most days it drops 10

PrincessCelestian
02-08-18, 06:30 PM
Maybe ive just been lucky, but with the exception of one 2 energy drop, my Sweet Tooth is consistently dropping more than all my othe daily Ali's. Most days it drops 10

I haven?t gotten anything over 7. And three time I have gotten 2.

katbtodd
02-09-18, 05:37 AM
Sweet Tooth must have found out I was on this thread doubting her because she gave me 100 energy on today's collection.

That's great to hear

maxiandtaz
02-09-18, 06:09 PM
Feel like I have been deceived seriously 2 energy for 400 gems seriously

PurpleScorpion76
02-11-18, 02:58 AM
Actually I have never even paid full price for a weekly Ali..

I purchased my 4th at full price because I wanted to put my gems to good use and not lose them in accidential gem spending. But have never actually bought one just game earning gems.

brigadoon365
02-12-18, 10:15 AM
So if she doesn?t drop chocolate, syrup, chocolate cake, royal sundaes or sweet feasts how does it even qualify as the same alicorn since that was the main point of her concept? I saved my gems to buy, but now I don?t know if I should.

I think it's super sad that they took AnnirasSweets' fun and creative idea and completely dumbed it down. What is the point of asking for ideas if you ignore them? This Ali is really disappointing. I would have been quite willing to buy the gems I needed for the actual Truffle Alicorn but not the one that was released.

idrispad
02-15-18, 11:35 AM
I’ve only just seen this thread and realised that the winning alicorn is the same one posted to this thread! It is nothing like it! How utterly ridiculous.