PDA

View Full Version : Old goal pop ups

Ilovetodesign
11-03-16, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone,
How is everyone doing? All of a sudden I keep getting several old goals in RS,
from the past saying I didn't finish them.
Asking if I want to finish them and trying to take my gems too.
Not sure yet if this is happening in BS.

Thank you very much for all help,
Amy

Update:

Elsa;1491412']We've thoroughly examined the issue and identified the root cause of the issue is from Android devices that have software or hardware compatibility issues that cause the game to behave in an unpredictable way. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on a player's account using the exact same specifications, so the cause is directly impacted by something on the specific device configuration being used and the actions being made.

We're not able to provide support for issues that may occur due to third-party interference such as device issues or third-party software. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you purchased Gems with real-world money and you need help with them, please submit a request through support with the purchase category.

amerirish
11-03-16, 01:40 PM
OMG me too!! I always get them on my other game that I play on Kindle - I have to reinstall on that twice a day every day. But this is the first time it's happening on my iPhone :mad

I tried to uninstall/reinstall but I have one that just won't go away :mad

kooky panda
11-03-16, 02:10 PM
I am sorry you are having this issue. For loss of gems and goal issues, please submit a ticket by filling out this form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) .

Ilovetodesign
12-01-16, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone,
How is everyone doing? I am having the problem all of a sudden again with several goals I have already completed coming up & trying to take my gems too. I'm scared it will cause me to lose them.
I tried to close everything off completely & it still keeps doing it.
Some of the goals are,
A Teacher's Test, Fall Furnishings (This one now says Expired, and looks like the only way to get it
to go off is to click Finish).

Thanks for all help,
Amy

elp2002
12-01-16, 02:16 PM
I logged in after 12noon (earlier today this did not show) and the game has a pop up saying that I've run out of time to complete "X" goal and would I like to complete it for gems. I finished the November goals over a week ago so I didn't understand what this was. I said yes to the first for 26gems and then got another pop up saying the same thing for a different goal. I checked the forums and there's no current goals. So I started saying no thanks and realized this is for old goals I completed when they originally came out. At least I'm pretty sure.

I have an iPhone 6, iOS 10 so my phone has been updated for awhile and I've made no changes to it.

If it's possible to get the gems back I would appreciate it, but I also wanted to report this bug. These old goals had not showed up at all for me since -as I said- I completed them long ago.

Thanks for reading.

Rynetory2
12-01-16, 08:31 PM
When old goals start showing up when you open the game, please force-close the app and reopen. This should help clear up this issue.

As for your gems, you can contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

Rynetory2
12-01-16, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone,
How is everyone doing? I am having the problem all of a sudden again with several goals I have already completed coming up & trying to take my gems too. I'm scared it will cause me to lose them.
I tried to close everything off completely & it still keeps doing it.
Some of the goals are,
A Teacher's Test, Fall Furnishings (This one now says Expired, and looks like the only way to get it
to go off is to click Finish).

Thanks for all help,
Amy

When old goals start showing up when you open the game, please force-close the app and reopen. This should help clear up this issue.

Merged to the existing thread.

tomtom007456
06-15-17, 01:29 PM
Hello often when I am in the games I have a window with all the old missions that shows one after the other and for that of Mardi Gras I can buy for 10 diamand if I click on buy I will have Queen mardi gras or is it a bug?

Rynetory2
06-15-17, 08:28 PM
Hello often when I am in the games I have a window with all the old missions that shows one after the other and for that of Mardi Gras I can buy for 10 diamand if I click on buy I will have Queen mardi gras or is it a bug?

When old goals start showing up when you open the game, please force-close the app and reopen. This should help clear up this issue. You should be able to purchase it if you wish to.

Merged to existing thread.

tomtom007456
06-16-17, 05:14 AM
I lost 10 gems for nothing
Make me
it's disgusting

Rynetory2
06-16-17, 08:44 AM
I assume you're reporting a bug and referring to your goal. Can you give more details of your goal or screenshot of it?

tomtom007456
06-16-17, 03:16 PM
I wanted the queen mardi gras you told me that I could have followed the screen that shows me the old goals
I clicked where it said I could have it with 10 diamands and it did not unlock the queen but I lost 10 diamands :(

Want a screenshot of what?

Rynetory2
06-16-17, 10:06 PM
I was unable to tell which goal you were referring to and wanted more details. Please contact Support: support form (https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for further checking.

tomtom007456
06-17-17, 10:37 AM
https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=17/24/kkv9.png i have again this

Rynetory2
06-17-17, 11:01 AM
Go ahead and contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

fakerycakerybakery
07-06-17, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I seem to have the same issue, too, at least once per day (I usually play the game 4-5 times per day, depending on how long my recipes take to cook!) I have already mentioned via the support request form that this is happening, but nothing was done about correcting this glitch to stop the old goals appearing. I lost a lot of gems (26 on one occasion) [] but it really does lessen the enjoyment of playing the game when the pop up "old goals" keep appearing when you're trying to click on the screen to start cooking recipes or tip neighbours etc. It's too easy to end up accidentally clicking on the pop up screen and committing yourself to losing gems in order to complete part of an old goal. I think that the old goal pop ups happen after I have visited a neighbour to tip them and they immediately tip me back when I am still logged in to my game, if that makes any sense? For instance, I visit neighbour A and tip them. I then go to neighbour B and tip them. While I am in neighbour B's restaurant, neighbour A visits my restaurant and leaves tips. When I then return to my restaurant and go to collect the tips from neighbour A, the pop up windows start appearing. It seems to be a recurring pattern for me that this action triggers the pop up old goals windows to start appearing. Can anyone else confirm whether this is what's happening to them, too?

Rynetory2
07-07-17, 02:23 AM
This is a known issue. When old goals start showing up when you open the game, please force-close the app and reopen. This should help clear up this issue. Hope this helps.

chefkgms
07-07-17, 06:26 PM
this happens to me every day (sometimes twice) once in the morning and then later on that day. I've lost gems because I accidently hit the purchase button. I have 2 restaurants (have 2 kindles). I used to play bakery story also but quit due to these darn pop ups. I lost 12 gems yesterday ( 7/6/17) due to those old goal pop ups.

Rynetory2
07-08-17, 06:14 AM
this happens to me every day (sometimes twice) once in the morning and then later on that day. I've lost gems because I accidently hit the purchase button. I have 2 restaurants (have 2 kindles). I used to play bakery story also but quit due to these darn pop ups. I lost 12 gems yesterday ( 7/6/17) due to those old goal pop ups.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Try my suggestion in Post 17 to stop the pop ups. Sorry about your gems. The forum cant assist but you can contact Support: support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

TinkFaintree
08-10-17, 02:38 PM
I'm having this same problem. I contacted support using the form but received an automated response saying they have limited support for Restaurant Story so can't respond and advised posting to the forum instead. Force closing the app and reopening the game is making no difference, the problem still persists at an annoying rate.

Rynetory2
08-10-17, 07:30 PM
I'm afraid there's no further news on this known issue at the moment. :( We'll post if we get more news about this.

aussie666
08-23-17, 12:10 AM
This is happening constantly now guys. Instead of telling us to close the app and re open it (which does nothing), why not take the function that keeps appearing out of the game?? Someone missed a goal.... too bad.... try the next one. If it keeps happening, I'll dump all the storm8 games off my phone.

bobbyrae
08-23-17, 10:54 AM
This is happening constantly now guys. Instead of telling us to close the app and re open it (which does nothing), why not take the function that keeps appearing out of the game?? Someone missed a goal.... too bad.... try the next one. If it keeps happening, I'll dump all the storm8 games off my phone.

This has been going on for years (yes...years!) with games played on Android devices. I don't know that it happens on iOS devices. It happens in both Bakery and Restaurant Stories as far as I know. Not sure about other games as I haven't played any other games on my android phone. It won't get fixed. Ever. So...you'll have to be careful when you first open your game and force close if necessary. Or be careful clicking on the "x"s and "ok"s to close out the pop ups.

Mormars121
10-05-17, 02:26 PM
Why am I getting notifications of old goals previously finished as not completed? I even getting notifications for goals when I first started the game over a year ago. They want coins or gems to finish those goals.

pixiegamer
10-05-17, 03:04 PM
This is a known issue in Restaurant Story. If you encounter these pop-ups, please force-close and restart your game.

Mormars121
10-05-17, 06:07 PM
Thank you.

baracudabistro
12-05-17, 02:32 PM
Why do old goal pop ups exist? Is this only an android issue? Have lost gems because of them, surely this is a bug that should be fixed.

Update:

Elsa;1491412']We've thoroughly examined the issue and identified the root cause of the issue is from Android devices that have software or hardware compatibility issues that cause the game to behave in an unpredictable way. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on a player's account using the exact same specifications, so the cause is directly impacted by something on the specific device configuration being used and the actions being made.

We're not able to provide support for issues that may occur due to third-party interference such as device issues or third-party software. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you purchased Gems with real-world money and you need help with them, please submit a request through support with the purchase category.

tonysmom614
12-07-17, 07:00 PM
They have been popping up on me for the last couple days in both this one and Bakery Story. Very annoying I have to keep closing the game to get rid of them

nvangel
12-09-17, 10:40 AM
Please help me. This is happening in all my storm 8 games. The prior quest pop ups started about 3 days ago in Bakery, Restaurant, Fashion story. Ive already completed these when they came out (been playing for years). The pop ups are interfering with game play as they wont allow me to do anything (visits, collect tips, collect made items etc). Ive tried denying popups they just recycle back to same ones, ive cleared data and cache, ive tried reinstalling, nothing seems to stop them. Please help so i can play games again...i sent email in all games thru report link on here and i immediately get emails that fashion, bakery, restaurant etc is no longer supported but tech support
So did s8 quit these games and how do i fet help.
Im on android id is nvangel

bergkamp417
12-09-17, 03:52 PM
Me too. I lost 60 gems because of this !!!!!Please fix this problem as soon as possible!!!!!!

Keddy30103
12-09-17, 07:20 PM
Same for me, restaurant and bakery. I followed all the recommended steps to make this stop, twice. I have latest version, I cleared my cache, I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted my phone and I always force close. It's been doing this, this time, for about a week. I've been watching for a pattern. I noticed the ad for a current game pops up at random, it's dinosaurs or dragons, one of those you download and play for a few gems. I click no thanks or whatever my no choice is and the old goals start coming up fast. I click no thanks and before I can do anything else another one comes up. I'm Android, all updates for phone are current. This has happened to me in the past also.

snowbun23
12-11-17, 04:44 PM
I'm on Android and I've lost gems due to these old goal pop ups, 3 times I think, early this year. I got all of them back though after submitting tickets to S8 support.

Still having the old goal pop ups almost daily, in fact they're getting more frequent, and I have to be ever so careful where I tap my finger in the game because they appear at random. There is no pattern to it. Clicking the 'No thanks' is useless - I'd get more stupid pop ups. I would force close the game, sometimes the pop ups would appear again, sometimes they won't.

Really wish S8 will fix this longstanding problem. So many people have lost gems and not everyone knows about forums and contacting support.

Happens to me on BS too. This VERY annoying problem should be fixed and not just brushed under the carpet.

- a VERY FRUSTRATED player

1977ROI
12-12-17, 04:51 AM
Plzz fix this issue... Having great problem while playing 😞😑

pixiegamer
12-17-17, 12:53 PM
If you come across this issue, please force-close your game and restart it.

pixiegamer
12-17-17, 12:56 PM
If you encounter pop-ups, please force-close your game and restart it.

snowbun23
12-17-17, 01:14 PM
.... I followed all the recommended steps to make this stop, twice. I have latest version, I cleared my cache, I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted my phone and I always force close. ...

Hi pixiegamer, when the old goal pop ups appear, I always force close the game and restart the game. They always reappear, maybe minutes upon re-opening the game, or later on in the day when I open the game, or the next day etc.

Also have done the steps as quoted above, the old goal pop ups are still a problem.

The worst thing is contacting support now is useless when players lose gems from these old goal pop ups, which is a bug from S8's side. And then when I tried to help other players on the Bakery Story forum on this issue, my two posts got deleted. I smell a very big rat.

jinjw
12-18-17, 12:32 AM
The game has done this [android] since always. Oh it stopped for months. But it has reoccurred recently again!i agree that storm 8 does not care. Obviously, it's been 5 years.

GratefulSunshine
01-07-18, 12:49 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the game and it still won't stop. Sucks because I'm a player that actually pays over $40 every couple weeks to play. Where's the respect ? Please fix this issue Storm 8! You're basically stealing my money! Making it more frustrating and not so enjoyable lately :(

kooky panda
01-07-18, 09:44 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the game and it still won't stop. Sucks because I'm a player that actually pays over $40 every couple weeks to play. Where's the respect ? Please fix this issue Storm 8! You're basically stealing my money! Making it more frustrating and not so enjoyable lately :(

I am sorry you are having issues. You can try exiting out of your game when you are finished playing. When you come back in to play, go visit a neighbor first, then come back and allow the pops up to fully load before trying to do any actions in your game.

snowbun23
01-09-18, 03:43 AM
I am sorry you are having issues. You can try exiting out of your game when you are finished playing. When you come back in to play, go visit a neighbor first, then come back and allow the pops up to fully load before trying to do any actions in your game.

You obviously have not encountered the old goal pop up bug in your own game, because your response is unhelpful.

I myself am still encountering old goal pop ups a year after it all started for me, in my own restaurant AND when I am visiting my neighbours' restaurants.

'Pop ups to fully load'? This does not even make sense if one has had the pop ups before.

S8 SHOULD FIX THIS OLD GOAL POP UPS ISSUE ASAP. Why has this issue fallen on deaf ears? As GratefulSunshine poster has mentioned, S8 is stealing our money by not refunding those stolen gems.

Making it loud and clear that I AM NOT SPENDING A DIME ON THIS GAME EVER AS LONG AS THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED.

kooky panda
01-09-18, 02:28 PM
I am sorry that some of you are experiencing this frustrating issue. I did check with Elsa (community manager ) to see if I could get a little more information on this issue.

Information from the community manager:

This is a long-term issue that affects a limited number of Android devices (usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands). We have thoroughly researched the issue and unfortunately, this is a device issue where either the software or hardware of the device is causing unpredictable behavior with the app. This isn't something we can patch on our end.

While we have been unable to identify an effective troubleshooting fix, some players have mentioned in the past that hard resetting the device helped with their issue. Please note, if you decide to do this that we're not responsible for any data loss by hard resetting your device and recommend you back up your data and are absolutely sure before you try it.

snowbun23
01-09-18, 04:44 PM
I am sorry that some of you are experiencing this frustrating issue. I did check with Elsa (community manager ) to see if I could get a little more information on this issue.

This is a long-term issue that affects a limited number of Android devices (usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands). We have thoroughly researched the issue and unfortunately, this is a device issue where either the software or hardware of the device is causing unpredictable behavior with the app. This isn't something we can patch on our end.

While we have been unable to identify an effective troubleshooting fix, some players have mentioned in the past that hard resetting the device helped with their issue. Please note, if you decide to do this that we're not responsible for any data loss by hard resetting your device and recommend you back up your data and are absolutely sure before you try it.

Thank you for your quick response and for checking with the community manager.

(1)
From your thorough research, can you and/or the community manager clarify which of the flagship Android brands that are not affected by this issue. This is so that I can consider using other Android devices to avoid encountering the issue in RS (and BS). Btw I was using a SAMSUNG device last year when the old goal pop up issue bit me.

I shall also consider hard resetting my device and will report back if it resolves the issue or not.

(2)
And what about the gems lost due to this old goal pop up issue? My lost gems were returned 3 times previously, but now for the past few months, all we get is an automated reply that the ticket is closed, immediately after a ticket submission. Will S8 support now help refund those gems?

I implore to S8 to improve on their customer service. Just imagine losing xx gems from the old goal pop up, submitting a ticket to S8 support and then finding an automated email that the ticket had been closed with no proper look into. To make it even worse, those gems have been bought with real money. First world problem yes, but it's not a great feeling.

If players are reassured that their lost gems (from old goal pop ups) are returned, then players would feel confident in buying gems with real money i.e. S8 gets the money to pay staff/hire more staff etc.

I for one would definitely have the confidence to buy gems again if I have the reassurance above.

I have read another post that mods can't help with the gem refund issue, but if you could please bring it up to the community manager/S8, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

12yapa45
01-11-18, 06:18 PM
If you come across this issue, please force-close your game and restart it.

I noticed that people have had the same problems I have had with the interruptions for old goals. I usually ignore them except last night I saw a level that I did not complete and it said that if I paid 46 gems I would be able to complete the level. I paid the gems but I still do not have access to the recipes. They are still shaded as locked. So I would like to have my gems restored since this did not work. It is the stove for the candy canes.

12yapa45
01-11-18, 06:19 PM
ALSO....I did sent a ticket to the Storm8 and was told:
Bakery Story | Thanks for contacting us.
We have limited support services for Bakery Story and will not be able to respond to individual requests. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the Community Forums, as the community may have already shared information related to your request. You may want to turn on automatic updates to ensure your app is automatically updated if our team is able to address your issue and release an update with bug fixes and improvements.

12yapa45
01-11-18, 06:21 PM
More importantly how do we have gems restored for this obvious glitch in the system?

hungryres
01-11-18, 08:48 PM

well, i can tell you in my case, resetting device does not help.
i have reset my device due to other issue (double wipe my machine) . old pop ups still appear

snowbun23
01-12-18, 07:53 AM
More importantly how do we have gems restored for this obvious glitch in the system?

Can a mod/community manager reply to this please?

well, i can tell you in my case, resetting device does not help.
i have reset my device due to other issue (double wipe my machine) . old pop ups still appear

Thanks for letting us know in the forum that hard resetting your device did not fix the issue!

167nicolea
01-13-18, 12:48 AM
(usually brands that aren't flagship Android brands)

Like the Samsung Galaxy S8?

snowbun23
01-13-18, 05:37 AM

Love your hint of sarcasm there.

(I had these old goal pop ups on my Samsung Galaxy S4 last year).

cutensweety
01-13-18, 06:37 PM
I got this pop ups too....

Minionsfan_1289
01-15-18, 11:32 AM
Ive forced closed the app and deleted it and reinstalled it, cleared the cache and it still continues to happen, this is getting very annoying. It can happen so fast and BOOM your gems are gone, not right.

snowbun23
01-18-18, 05:25 AM
Opened my game today and was greeted with an old goal pop up a.k.a. GEM TRAP few seconds later.

So I closed the game, re-entered game - tap tap tap, and another old goal pop up in the middle of my screen less than a minute later.

Frustrated. Bye Restaurant Story. I'm leaving.

PS. Still waiting for a reply about the GEM REFUND issue.

jinjw
01-24-18, 07:42 PM
You won't get a refund. They haven't fixed the old goal pop up in 5yrs. Also they have no support staff for this game. They email you saying so.

rizny
01-25-18, 10:58 PM
I lost 79gems. Its happens for 3times.thats to bad:( :( i hate it!!
Please FIX IT ASAP!!

twospoons
01-25-18, 11:43 PM
Not that they shouldn't fix this longterm problem, but since they obviously aren't, I find it's helpful to move the tables or appliances I need to tap to the left hand side of the screen, cause all the popup accept/pay buttons are on the right.

jesslau9
01-29-18, 07:23 PM
I noticed that people have had the same problems I have had with the interruptions for old goals. I usually ignore them except last night I saw a level that I did not complete and it said that if I paid 46 gems I would be able to complete the level. I paid the gems but I still do not have access to the recipes. They are still shaded as locked. So I would like to have my gems restored since this did not work. It is the stove for the candy canes.

oh no!

initially I thought it was a game version that is causing these pop-ups but I tried the most basic version and is the same

Happyvoid
01-30-18, 11:36 AM
I have this problem sends me insane. I have noticed it only happens when they put or change the games they put in the goal section. Over Xmas it was lovely it didn't happen but as soon as they put the games bk into goal section it started again....so that's my opinion!

cornercafeaulait
01-31-18, 10:19 AM
Ok, I'm going to keep at this until a Community Manager gets my 22 gems replaced.
I have forced closed, restarted etc. and they Still pop up in a nano second and rob players of gems. Come on, guys, some of these old goals (which we have already finished) can take up to 36 gems to "finish".
And am I the only one who's noticed the "buy now" is located on the right hand side, so if you're tipping and it pops up in your face you have No time to react and close out the game, your finger immediately hits the buy button. If the "No thanks" option were on the right hand side we wouldn't be losing gems so quickly.
If a CM happens to see this post and could kindly contact me privately I can give you my information to get my gems replaced.
Asus zen tab. 7.0

snowbun23
01-31-18, 06:54 PM
You won't get a refund. They haven't fixed the old goal pop up in 5yrs. Also they have no support staff for this game. They email you saying so.

I had received gem refunds when I'd lost gems from old goal pop ups in Jan, April and June 2017 after submitting tickets to S8 support.

I haven't had the misfortune of losing further gems from old goal pop ups since then, but many people have had their tickets closed immediately with no gem refund.

So.. Elsa, kooky panda, pixiegamer, since apparently this old goal pop up problem cannot be fixed, can you please tell us which categories to choose when submitting tickets to S8 support that won't lead to immediate closing of tickets, with return of the stolen gems? Thanks.

PS. I'm not going to stop posting about this issue on the forum until I get an appropriate response from community manager/mods. Your silence so far with regards to my question above in other posts has truly been very disappointing.

GazMartin
02-01-18, 06:20 AM
Rather disappointed with response from storm 8
My game glitches often when I visit someone after I have already visited and tipped them
I keep getting old goals pop up asking if I wish to buy the reward now and then I inadvertently spend gems with this glitch
I have explained this and the response it can't help sorry same to the issue of the glitch
Anybody else had this problem its annoying when you have purchased and built up gems just for this problem to surface and lose them

bitemesnickers
02-02-18, 08:42 AM
The pop ups took alot of gems that I worked hard to get. Can I have them back S8? It is your problem so please give me my gems back

Dianne4P
02-02-18, 06:24 PM
This happens to everyone unfortunately! I am so sick of the popups!

[S8] Elsa
02-06-18, 11:51 AM
I had received gem refunds when I'd lost gems from old goal pop ups in Jan, April and June 2017 after submitting tickets to S8 support.

I haven't had the misfortune of losing further gems from old goal pop ups since then, but many people have had their tickets closed immediately with no gem refund.

So.. Elsa, kooky panda, pixiegamer, since apparently this old goal pop up problem cannot be fixed, can you please tell us which categories to choose when submitting tickets to S8 support that won't lead to immediate closing of tickets, with return of the stolen gems? Thanks.

PS. I'm not going to stop posting about this issue on the forum until I get an appropriate response from community manager/mods. Your silence so far with regards to my question above in other posts has truly been very disappointing.

We've thoroughly examined the issue and identified the root cause of the issue is from Android devices that have software or hardware compatibility issues that cause the game to behave in an unpredictable way. We have not been able to reproduce the issue on a player's account using the exact same specifications, so the cause is directly impacted by something on the specific device configuration being used and the actions being made.

Weenietots
02-06-18, 03:12 PM
I know this is sort of the opposite of everyone else's reaction right now but.. I've always been curious, if you purchase the item from these pop up's, do you actually receive the item?

There are a couple old goals that I wouldn't mind purchasing, I've always kept an eye out for them when those pop ups start but haven't had any luck with it yet lol.

pixiegamer
02-06-18, 10:44 PM
I know this is sort of the opposite of everyone else's reaction right now but.. I've always been curious, if you purchase the item from these pop up's, do you actually receive the item?

There are a couple old goals that I wouldn't mind purchasing, I've always kept an eye out for them when those pop ups start but haven't had any luck with it yet lol.

Disclaimer: this is based on my own experience; it's entirely possible others have experienced this differently.

A long time ago, I patiently sat through all the pop-ups I got, hoping to see the opportunity to get a past goal prize. I got a pop up for all the steps leading up to the one that would award that prize, but not that particular step itself.

The other pop-ups were of a similar nature; if I'd completed that goal step in the past (however long ago), I got a pop-up, but I never got a pop-up for goal steps I'd never completed - including goals from before I started playing. I've also never seen pop-ups for goals I chose to skip.

So, in my experience, I would have already had/earned the prize that pop-up was offering anyway. I've been careful to exit my game when I see them now, but from what I've read of other people's experiences, the pop-ups don't reward anything :(

Weenietots
02-06-18, 11:41 PM
Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response! That's really disappointing, though. I've always thought that you'd get whatever the pop up offered.. I'm glad I never did try my luck. And no wonder people are upset, especially not even getting a double of a prize!

Frey_Wolf
02-07-18, 12:04 AM
I believe this is the very issue that I have been having. I have force-closed the game, uninstalled, and restarted my device to no avail. What now?

fluttering1
02-07-18, 10:41 AM
I had to force-close and restart 6 times in half an hour. This is getting very frustrating

rizny
02-07-18, 03:54 PM
Force close not work.
When i do that, still i lost my gems coz of pop ups

Keddy30103
02-10-18, 02:31 AM
A few years back I clicked the option to complete a goal I had been unable to finish and I got a big fat nothing. No goal steps to do, no prize, not even an error message saying sorry that's not going to happen. But they didn't hesitate to take my gems. I was new and hadn't discovered the forum yet. So I didn't get a chance to ask about a refund before lots of time had passed.

rita6834
02-13-18, 11:47 AM
I'm having the same issues. It use to just happen once a day, now it's multiple times. I play on a Samsung galaxy s7.

kooky panda
02-13-18, 11:49 AM
Information:

(merging this thread with current thread)

JaimeCheung
03-08-18, 03:23 AM

I am using SamSung Galaxy Note which uses to be flagship device of flagship Android brand but i am also encountering this problem.

snowbun23
03-08-18, 08:56 AM
I am using SamSung Galaxy Note which uses to be flagship device of flagship Android brand but i am also encountering this problem.

Had the pop ups on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, now still having them on my Xiaomi redmi note 4x phone.

This old goal pop up issue is GETTING WORSE for me...
This is a typical scenario for me:
1. Open game, tap tap tap on left side of my screen, old goal pop up pops up.
2. Restart game, continue to tap tap tap, old goal pop pop ups.
3. Repeat step 2, two more times.

This can occur to me over a space of 10minutes. Almost every day.

JaimeCheung
03-09-18, 10:52 PM
Had the pop ups on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, now still having them on my Xiaomi redmi note 4x phone.

This old goal pop up issue is GETTING WORSE for me...
This is a typical scenario for me:
1. Open game, tap tap tap on left side of my screen, old goal pop up pops up.
2. Restart game, continue to tap tap tap, old goal pop pop ups.
3. Repeat step 2, two more times.

This can occur to me over a space of 10minutes. Almost every day.

Same here, it happens to me every day and every 2-3 minutes while i am in the game.
It has just taken 50 gems from me again while i am tipping my neighbour.
Finally I have made a decision that I will quit the game after the current 5-day goal.

addykatt70
03-13-18, 12:58 PM
Same here and it's sooo annoying because I've already done those challenges!!! :(((

Halilady
03-31-18, 01:23 PM
Information:

(merging this thread with current thread)

So what you are saying in essence is, sorry we can't help you!! Where do we go to get this fixed, our device company? our android os? I downloaded the game through play store so not a third party software! I play on Samsung Galaxy Tab E and the problem has been really bad only in the last couple of months! I am really disappointed and very sad!!

deedeetapia
04-05-18, 05:27 PM
So what you are saying in essence is, sorry we can't help you!! Where do we go to get this fixed, our device company? our android os? I downloaded the game through play store so not a third party software! I play on Samsung Galaxy Tab E and the problem has been really bad only in the last couple of months! I am really disappointed and very sad!!

Same here, it used to only pop up once a day in the last week it is popping up all the time. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 6.

jinjw
04-06-18, 01:49 PM

Yea. What they're saying is it's not on their side. It's androids problem. They cannot fix it and they will not ask android about it. I've had several phones and always get the pop up. Over 5yrs now. It's worse, (i think) the older your os is.

Vici_10
04-06-18, 02:49 PM
This problem never gets old and seems like there's no way to fix it! Please correct me if I'm wrong; I guess something is wrong with Samsung devices. I've noticed most of players with the same issue are playing on Samsung (I don't say all, because I haven't read all of the threads/replies). I've had the same issue while playing on my Samsung Galaxy J5 and A5, but everything was ok when I was playing on Huawei. So what's the bug!?

Halilady
04-17-18, 07:39 AM
Yea. What they're saying is it's not on their side. It's androids problem. They cannot fix it and they will not ask android about it. I've had several phones and always get the pop up. Over 5yrs now. It's worse, (i think) the older your os is.

It's not just an android problem, I have nbrs who play on apple devices and have the same problem, so this not a device problem!!! Storm8 please look into it again and try to fix it!! You are going to lose a lot of players, but maybe this is what you want!! Please correct me if I am wrong!!! I love these games but if I can't play them properly what's the point??? I am stooping to begging instead of demanding a fix!! PLEASE FIX IT!!

dunnaway52
04-18-18, 06:39 AM
I'm getting goal boxes popping up every day . I'm having trouble playing my game. I may close my games. I really use to enjoy playing , but not with all these boxes popping up!!!!!!!!!!

Rynetory2
04-18-18, 09:02 AM
I'm getting goal boxes popping up every day . I'm having trouble playing my game. I may close my games. I really use to enjoy playing , but not with all these boxes popping up!!!!!!!!!!

See update on this in Post 1.

(Merged to existing thread)

forensgrad23
05-02-18, 03:10 AM
This problem never gets old and seems like there's no way to fix it! Please correct me if I'm wrong; I guess something is wrong with Samsung devices. I've noticed most of players with the same issue are playing on Samsung (I don't say all, because I haven't read all of the threads/replies). I've had the same issue while playing on my Samsung Galaxy J5 and A5, but everything was ok when I was playing on Huawei. So what's the bug!?

It's happening on my phone as well as my tablet. My phone is a Motorola, my tablet is Samsung. So, it's apparently not only Samsung devices.

icysnowz
05-02-18, 08:45 PM
But i dont have this issue at all when i first started playing until a few months ago the old goals pop out of nowhere.

And i am still using the same phone as i first started!

Newcastle74
10-09-18, 08:44 AM
Old quests keep popping up on restaurant/bakery story spoiling my game.why does this happen?

How can I stop them?

Thanks.

Rynetory2
10-09-18, 07:45 PM
Old quests keep popping up on restaurant/bakery story spoiling my game.why does this happen?

How can I stop them?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Try restarting your device/game. See Update in Post 1 for this.