PDA

View Full Version : Rollbacks!

Silverrain1
12-02-17, 10:45 AM
So, I?m just having a little moan because I had 96 runes. I mined and got 98. I then collected 3 runes from my fox and started to expand, Game rolled back and my expansion stopped, got 98 runes, no bombs and no runes left with my fox, so I?ll not be expanding tonight. So annoyed.

AppieP
12-02-17, 11:54 AM
So, I?m just having a little moan because I had 96 runes. I mined and got 98. I then collected 3 runes from my fox and started to expand, Game rolled back and my expansion stopped, got 98 runes, no bombs and no runes left with my fox, so I?ll not be expanding tonight. So annoyed.

Hey your back? Good to see your playing again. That is annoying indeed. Sorry to hear you still have game crashes.

Destiel0918
12-02-17, 12:50 PM
I had same problem some time ago - mined, and once I started to expand - they disappeared. To ensure it won?t happen again I started to wait few minutes after mining, to ensure it saved my progress. Sometimes I even closed and reopened the app - then expanded.

mysticalfairy320
12-02-17, 12:51 PM
It happened to me this morning!

Limequat
12-06-17, 08:53 AM
Happens to me too! My game rolls back when I expand right after collecting from my fox. Of course, my progress only rolls back to the moment right after I finish clicking the fox and before the newly collected runes are saved to my game. So I lose the runes I collected AND the runes that were still in the fox's habitat. I have to remember to force close and reopen my game before I expand. Wish they'd fix this.

Sakrysta
12-06-17, 10:43 AM
Yeah, it's best not to use the "expand now" button after mining. Exit the mine and expand from within your forest. I learned that one the hard way too. :(

Eluzyion
12-06-17, 10:57 AM
Yeah, it's best not to use the "expand now" button after mining. Exit the mine and expand from within your forest. I learned that one the hard way too. :(

I always exit first then expand from land, it still has reverted back. It's reverting a lot more lately in every aspect of the game, saving doesn't always work now either (visiting friend or opening shop to save)

Sakrysta
12-06-17, 12:55 PM
Wow. I haven't had nearly the issues that a lot of people are. I feel for you guys! :(

Phoenix406
12-12-17, 11:27 AM
Happens to me too! My game rolls back when I expand right after collecting from my fox. Of course, my progress only rolls back to the moment right after I finish clicking the fox and before the newly collected runes are saved to my game. So I lose the runes I collected AND the runes that were still in the fox's habitat. I have to remember to force close and reopen my game before I expand. Wish they'd fix this.

Yes, this has happened to me at least 2 times.

Phoenix406
12-12-17, 11:29 AM
@silverrain1 Welcome back, buddy!

Silverrain1
12-12-17, 12:08 PM
@silverrain1 Welcome back, buddy!

Thanks! I didn't want to jinx it but since iv been back iv had very few issues with the game. Other than the occasional rollback and my issues with removing obstacles the game has been ace. Just unfortunate that iv missed so much! Hopefully anything iv missed will b offered again soon. Also, Aysel's account now needs a gem buddy please. I can start exchanging tomorrow if anyone is free

And my big annoyance was I sold my leaderboard trophy. So sad.

poofyena
12-12-17, 02:51 PM
Thanks! I didn't want to jinx it but since iv been back iv had very few issues with the game. Other than the occasional rollback and my issues with removing obstacles the game has been ace. Just unfortunate that iv missed so much! Hopefully anything iv missed will b offered again soon. Also, Aysel's account now needs a gem buddy please. I can start exchanging tomorrow if anyone is free

And my big annoyance was I sold my leaderboard trophy. So sad.

My forest is in need of a new buddy! Name is the same as here ill look for Aysel.

MY rollbacks have been awful the last two months. I have had to spend many gems on tourneys as I get at several rollbacks every tourney. If not more.
Even with visiting a neighbour.

Silverrain1
12-12-17, 03:21 PM
My forest is in need of a new buddy! Name is the same as here ill look for Aysel.

MY rollbacks have been awful the last two months. I have had to spend many gems on tourneys as I get at several rollbacks every tourney. If not more.
Even with visiting a neighbour.

Ugh, rollbacks on tournaments are the worst! I won againsctge sea lion then rolled back and then it took me nearly two days to beat it again!
Brilliant, if we aren't already neighbours I'll accept the request and start exchanging tomorrow. Hope the rollbacks fix for you. Mine some how have (at least for the moment) we will see how long it lasts but I really hope it does!

chickenladyx14
12-12-17, 06:01 PM
Welcome back Silverrain! I have sure missed you friend :)

Rynetory2
12-12-17, 07:43 PM
Hey Guys,

The thread has gone off topic. Kindly return to original topic.

Please add your ID and find others looking for neighbours in the Add Me forum. https://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me

For private communications, please use private messaging.

mysticalfairy320
01-05-18, 07:12 PM
I had many rollback this last event, I had a few before, but this time I ended up losing 4 feathers and so many battle setbacks, I'm not finishing it. I didn't get the fire wolf or the fairy but this royal event looks a lot nicer so I'll try for those!

miadoubled
01-05-18, 09:37 PM
I also had many of these problems, i finally got a response to my ticket and all the help i got was getting refunded 4gems out of the iver 20 i had used and then were taken away after skipping rounds n having it glitch backward, so disappointing, then i was told the next time wont be able to be fixed, not sure how fair this is .. take my gems n not give me anything n this time it happened it made me loose the tourney!

Silverrain1
01-07-18, 04:57 PM
Welcome back Silverrain! I have sure missed you friend :)

Sorry I missed this! Thanks for the welcome!

Silverrain1
10-13-18, 03:33 PM
Is anyone else having problems with roll backs just now? I used to get them often but that?s not happened in ages. This past week has been a nightmare! No animals breeding/evolving and no food planted! Getting beyond frustrating

MystiqueRealm
10-13-18, 04:40 PM
Same here my game does it constantly

deadpixel
10-15-18, 11:34 AM
This issue has been officially named as "rubberbanding" by S8 and is something you see in practically all of their Story games.

S8's stand, apparently, is that we need to check with our Internet Service Providers. The following is a reply taken from the Bugs & Issues forum over at DS concerning an issue just like this.

Elsa;1528114']We've investigated it and didn't find an issue. If you're still encountering high latency or rubberbanding, you may need to contact your service provider for troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem.

It's things like this that make you wonder whether you should laugh or cry :) :(

deadpixel
12-13-18, 08:48 PM
This nonsense of having the game reset or rubber-band on you is annoying enough when you're doing the regular things like planting food or breeding creatures or evolving them. But it really gets up your nose when you win a battle, leave the game, and come back an hour later to discover that for some inexplicable reason, the game had "reset" or "rubber-banded" and the battle won hadn't been fought.

What I don't understand is if the battle was reset or rubber-banded, why the countdown timer does not disappear?

And please do not tell me that I should be checking with my ISP and asking them to help me troubleshoot latency issues because it is stupid to suggest that it might be their or my fault when other more demanding games NEVER experience this issue. EVER

:mad::mad::mad:

If you can't get the expansions or any other improvements out, you could, at the very least, do something about this issue so that the game plays without annoying its players.