PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Version 2.1

ShibuyaCloth
11-29-17, 12:10 PM
The new CS version 2.1 is not stable, have to find a way to downgrade

meme1098
11-29-17, 02:40 PM
Connect to Itunes & check your CS version there. Sometimes you can downgrade that way since ITunes doesn't automatically update your downloaded apps.

Just delete the version on your device and then load it from ITunes.

ShibuyaCloth
11-30-17, 09:23 AM
Well itune & mobile are synched :(

On my ipad I still have v2.0 but cannot extract it to put it back on the phone. IOS 11 prevents this.

MoonVillage3
11-30-17, 11:05 AM
Should we hold back in upgrading our CS app to 2.1?
Mine is available but just checking before doing so.
Thanks

ShibuyaCloth
11-30-17, 12:21 PM
Should we hold back in upgrading our CS app to 2.1?
Mine is available but just checking before doing so.
Thanks

Seems to be stable on iOS 11, but not on older versions.

enaid03
11-30-17, 12:29 PM
I do not like the new free gem system. Wish I had not upgraded.

meme1098
11-30-17, 01:00 PM
Well itune & mobile are synched :(

On my ipad I still have v2.0 but cannot extract it to put it back on the phone. IOS 11 prevents this.

Oh, no. Sorry to hear that. I don't do iCloud backup ... only manually. So might be a good thing to keep in mind for the future.

I do not like the new free gem system. Wish I had not upgraded.

How is it different? No videos anymore or something else?

PrincessCupOButter
11-30-17, 01:43 PM
How is it different? No videos anymore or something else?

They changed the top right corner, there is now a free gem icon with a list of things to do to earn gems. The list appears to change daily. Most require registration to various sites, so I'm out. But I still got the "watch a video" offers after updating so, so far it just seems like a new feature. The splash screen is very different! Looks like it's Griselda's story now. :rolleyes:

I have not updated my iPad to ios11 but I'm not having any issues with stability. As a matter of fact, for me, it seems to be resetting less since I updated. (Fingers crossed it stays that way!) Last week it was very bad, that knight on the horse is even more annoying than the crazy Elven bird.

40447 40448 40449

ShibuyaCloth
11-30-17, 02:35 PM
Apparently this new gem function use geolocation because I get local apps to down for local content. The biggest deal was close to 900 gems. But you need to use hard cash on some.

meme1098
11-30-17, 02:50 PM
They changed the top right corner, there is now a free gem icon with a list of things to do to earn gems. The list appears to change daily. Most require registration to various sites, so I'm out. But I still got the "watch a video" offers after updating so, so far it just seems like a new feature. The splash screen is very different! Looks like it's Griselda's story now. :rolleyes:

I have not updated my iPad to ios11 but I'm not having any issues with stability. As a matter of fact, for me, it seems to be resetting less since I updated. (Fingers crossed it stays that way!) Last week it was very bad, that knight on the horse is even more annoying than the crazy Elven bird.

40447 40448 40449

Thanks, bingo! I watched all the videos this a.m. I'm not gonna update CS until I hear the stability thing is resolved. I'm using IOS 11.1.2.

littelprince0313
11-30-17, 07:39 PM
For me it's way more stable than the last. No crash or synch problem since 2 days - I hadnt had that in weeks ;D
So I would upgrade it.
For the gems- I tried a few apps; is it somehow ,risky' (I would never sign up for stuff or anything; Im way to scared of loosing money or stuff like that) but did someone try it?
Im trying to earning enough free gems to get the new pink buildings :D

ShibuyaCloth
11-30-17, 11:54 PM
For me it's way more stable than the last. No crash or synch problem since 2 days - I hadnt had that in weeks ;D
So I would upgrade it.
For the gems- I tried a few apps; is it somehow ,risky' (I would never sign up for stuff or anything; Im way to scared of loosing money or stuff like that) but did someone try it?
Im trying to earning enough free gems to get the new pink buildings :D

The real free stuff just earns a few gems. Those that require hard cash or your personal info earns much more to bucket full of gems.

I have 2.1 on my phone and it is the opposite, resynch every few minutes (no crash). I have been unable to run the game on non ISO 11 devices although it say IOS 6 or more. I have not tried Android in a while, though.

SpiritWind00
12-01-17, 10:53 PM
Please note that discussing third party games and sites is against the forum rules... posts removed.

VersaceMorrow
12-02-17, 04:05 AM
Please note that discussing third party games and sites is against the forum rules... posts removed.

I think S8 kind of opened that Pandora's box, by getting in cahoots with those third parties to entice us with gems by visiting their sites or watching their videos. It's hard to maintain that rule when S8 has created a gateway within the game.

SpiritWind00
12-02-17, 04:11 AM
I think S8 kind of opened that Pandora's box, by getting in cahoots with those third parties to entice us with gems by visiting their sites or watching their videos. It's hard to maintain that rule when S8 has created a gateway within the game.
true, but those posts weren't about those sorts of third party sites. :)

VersaceMorrow
12-02-17, 04:29 AM
true, but those posts weren't about those sorts of third party sites. :)

Ah, sorry.....obviously they went poof before I read them lol

olcastle
12-03-17, 01:01 AM
The new CS version 2.1 is not stable, have to find a way to downgrade

Looks like CS 2.1 was pulled out from Apple Store, I can't upgrade anymore.
If you still want to downgrade reinstalling might help, unless you are too late.

ShibuyaCloth
12-03-17, 01:58 AM
Looks like CS 2.1 was pulled out from Apple Store, I can't upgrade anymore.
If you still want to downgrade reinstalling might help, unless you are too late.

I can still download 2.1. Well I was able to make it run now, so I know what to do. A bit tricky but feasible. The game once run easily take 1GB space, that is the biggest constraint.

ReinierMamaWouter
12-03-17, 03:11 AM
At least they got rid of the crooked castle on the splash screen. ;-) (But I don't like Griselda....)

freesiawoods
12-04-17, 05:06 AM
Griselda looks scary. Doesn't the male ruler look different than before? A bit Asian, not that I mind that.

PrincessCupOButter
12-05-17, 02:25 PM
Well, I guess my luck finally ran out. The constant resetting has be***. :( Which is odd considering I've had the update for a week and it just started today. :confused: But the worst part is it stole a golden apple. The magic garden dropped one and the knight on his horse rode by and stole it! :mad: And of course, when I rechecked the magic garden, the golden apple did not drop again.

mommy1951
12-07-17, 05:17 PM
At least they got rid of the crooked castle on the splash screen. ;-) (But I don't like Griselda....)

Agreed why is Griselda so big and where is ivy?.. she was one of the first characters and she is missing !!

tonyjosiah
12-07-17, 06:12 PM
LOVING THIS NEW VERSION!!! I have gotten a TON of GEMS!!!! And it was SUPER EASY! Takes a while to get the gems sometimes but it’s worth the wait!!! Thank you Storm8!!!

olcastle
12-09-17, 01:53 AM
LOVING THIS NEW VERSION!!! I have gotten a TON of GEMS!!!! And it was SUPER EASY! Takes a while to get the gems sometimes but it’s worth the wait!!! Thank you Storm8!!!

I wasn't so lucky. I got few gems from watching videos and from one of 4 games I installed/played. 3 games didn't pay off. Offers asking valid email or zip code didn't pay off too - apparently they all want much more, tried several of them. I think it's time to stop the struggle.

riverly
12-09-17, 09:36 AM
I've gotten a lot of gems too. Maybe over 200 so far. It does take some time because you have to complete certain levels or tasks. But when I get a little extra time, I have accomplished some. Still a lot offered. But I've just been doing a few every now and then.

Favumau
12-09-17, 02:35 PM
come sbloccare il fortino di thurnston?

SpiritWind00
12-09-17, 04:01 PM
Please post in English if you can...

MoonVillage3
12-10-17, 08:58 AM

It's in Italian: How to free the Thurston's Fort?

Prova a leggere questo link sotto, post #18 c'e' informazioni di Thurston.
Poi, per la prossima volta che sei in difficolta', scrive nel 'Help Me' pagina del Menu Principle usando il traduttore app per lingua Italiano/Inglese.
Probabilmente questo post sara' spostato nel 'Help Me'.
Buona Fortuna!

Translation:
Try to read link under, post #18 there's information on Thurston.
Then, next time you're in difficulty, write in the 'Help Me' page of the Menu with the help of the Translator app in Italian/English.
Probably this post will be moved to 'Help Me.
Good Luck!

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1356226&viewfull=1#post1356226