PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Seasonal Sounds - 2017 Nov 28 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
11-28-17, 07:54 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40377

Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Wassail Pot : 100 music notes
Second Prize: Tunefule tile : 250 music notes
Third Prize: Poinsettias : 500 music notes
Fourth Prize: FaLaLaLamb (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1474527&viewfull=1#post1474527) : 1,600 music notes
Fifth Prize: Glitzen (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1474529&viewfull=1#post1474529) : 3,200 music notes

Community Prizes
(unlocks at 2,000 - meaning once you have collected 2,000 music notes, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Wassail Wren (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1474531&viewfull=1#post1474531)
Second Prize: Food
Third Prize: Runes

Poinsettias at 500
Falalalamb at 1,600

Falalalamb 8 hours incubation

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40378

Event Boosts
Wassail Pot - Collect 4 music notes/4 hrs
Merry Music Stand - Collect 16 music notes/4 hrs

Related Goals
Candy Carol (2 goals)
Goal 1
Hatch a Candy Mane
REWARD: 250 music notes

Goal 2
?

fantasyomgloveitpewds
11-28-17, 10:31 PM
Collect 50 Music Notes = 200 Presents
Collect 175 Music Notes = 500 Presents

DirkDragon
11-29-17, 12:50 AM
The Wassail Pot does not indicate it is ready for collection. The symbol is missing. This is a regular fault. Whatever happened to testing?

Rynetory2
11-29-17, 01:23 AM
The Wassail Pot does not indicate it is ready for collection. The symbol is missing. This is a regular fault. Whatever happened to testing?

I've reported in earlier. Thanks for bringing this up.

Sakrysta
11-29-17, 07:02 AM
Man, I wish I had known we would be getting a new Music animal! I would have bought a Magic animal in my baby account instead of a Music one during Black Friday! I'm slowly trying to add elements in that account to be able to use them in the Battlegrounds for testing. Oh well. The Lullabison is one of my favorites, so I'm glad to have him. :)

carolineannlv
11-29-17, 08:20 AM
Glitzen is gorgeous, but another Ultra Rare. It looks like the points are as high as the last Forest Party, so there's no way I can reach it.

I barely made the 2000 for community challenge last time, so that's where I'm aiming. It would be nice to open the community challenge a little sooner, it used to be the easiest thing to unlock, and now it's the hardest barring the last individual prize.
I understand wanting to make it a challenge, but for players who have more work/school hours, or just busier lives, it's too high of a bench mark for them to play for 'casually.'

I keep missing out on the Winter Wonderlamb, so hopefully I can land the Falala-Lamb, it's pretty and hopefully within my points range. Recently the Forest party's first individual animal has come before the community unlock. Which gives me a little confidence of getting both if I'm lucky.

Happy playing to all of those who usually unlock the final prize. Glitzen is a beauty, and it'll be nice visiting others forests who manage to win it.

(Rynetory is really polite, so when you post things in the wrong thread for the topic, sometimes you're hinted at tactfully instead of told point blank that you could make the admin's job easier by writing your comments into said correct thread in the first place. Thank you Rynetory. Again.)

AppieP
11-29-17, 08:43 AM
I missing a balloon when we can collect after 4 hours from the Wassail Pot.
Just saw another posted earlier ;)

deadpixel
11-29-17, 12:15 PM
Poinsettias at 500

Falalalamb at 1,600

Maybe we'll get Glitzen at 3,200?

Penguin2016
11-29-17, 04:48 PM
Glitzen is gorgeous, but another Ultra Rare. It looks like the points are as high as the last Forest Party, so there's no way I can reach it.

I barely made the 2000 for community challenge last time, so that's where I'm aiming. It would be nice to open the community challenge a little sooner, it used to be the easiest thing to unlock, and now it's the hardest barring the last individual prize.
I understand wanting to make it a challenge, but for players who have more work/school hours, or just busier lives, it's too high of a bench mark for them to play for 'casually.'

I keep missing out on the Winter Wonderlamb, so hopefully I can land the Falala-Lamb, it's pretty and hopefully within my points range. Recently the Forest party's first individual animal has come before the community unlock. Which gives me a little confidence of getting both if I'm lucky.

Happy playing to all of those who usually unlock the final prize. Glitzen is a beauty, and it'll be nice visiting others forests who manage to win it.

(Rynetory is really polite, so when you post things in the wrong thread for the topic, sometimes you're hinted at tactfully instead of told point blank that you could make the admin's job easier by writing your comments into said correct thread in the first place. Thank you Rynetory. Again.)

I agree with all of this. Although so many people complained about the last event like this one, so I don’t understand why they didn’t make any changes? Based on my calculations the maximum possible points without spending gems would be about 1,850... still short of even the community prizes. The only way to get more points without spending big time is to get the candy mane, but the three-hour fails then make it impossible to get the maximum breeding/hatching points. It’s a fail-fail situation.

Destiel0918
11-29-17, 10:52 PM
World Events have became the WORST things in this game. They are not fun anymore, they are not possible. It is more like: Looka at all the animals you can never have!
They have completely destroyed those used to be fun events.

luna2cute
11-30-17, 02:47 AM
Agree that the amounts needed are just too high now. Not fun at all.

Elspethwood
11-30-17, 05:28 AM
World Events have became the WORST things in this game. They are not fun anymore, they are not possible. It is more like: Looka at all the animals you can never have!

I totally agree with you. I used to love Word Events. To be honest, these new kinds of monthly events have become too demanding and stressful. Too many new animals and goals,too many things are going on at the same time.

mysticalfairy320
11-30-17, 07:45 AM
I wish we had more options to bread a few different new/old animals, it use to be that way I believe. I hate wasting gems just to get points when I have no new animals to try for. Both old animals offered say not avaliable through breeding....

Rynetory2
11-30-17, 09:07 AM

I missing a balloon when we can collect after 4 hours from the Wassail Pot.
Just saw another posted earlier ;)

This has been fixed earlier. :)

poofyena
11-30-17, 02:25 PM
I quite like the animals for this one and had considered spending gems to get them. However the end goal being so high again has put me off. I can't afford that much with so much else going on.
I think I'll get the last birthstone pony and then give up. I

kinetikos
11-30-17, 07:54 PM
The mine is only giving 1 music for each rune. Didn't it used to be 3 world event tokens for every rune?

MystiqueRealm
11-30-17, 08:33 PM
The mine is only giving 1 music for each rune. Didn't it used to be 3 world event tokens for every rune?

It was 3 months ago, they changed it to one which is hardly worth mining for since mining causes many crashes anyway

Eluzyion
12-01-17, 01:50 PM
Falalalamb 8 hours incubation

Eluzyion
12-01-17, 02:10 PM
Glitzen is 3200 points

jovianbodie
12-01-17, 03:41 PM
Seeing as the points are so unrealistically high, why not give us a boost option like in the leader board event, or do you just not want us to have the animals/prizes? 😒

MauiLady7
12-01-17, 08:50 PM
Seeing as the points are so unrealistically high, why not give us a boost option like in the leader board event, or do you just not want us to have the animals/prizes? 😒

I think that's an awesome idea jovianbodie!

Better yet they should just lower the amount since the community prizes most people will barely get. I sped bred for the Candy Mane and spent 430 gems on one account and I barely acquired the lamb at 1600 points. 430 points is a little shy of the $14 I spent to get them on sale. This game is getting too steep for most people! Ouch S8 and it's the holidays. Where's your Christmas spirit for all of your dedicated players. Throw us a cookie over a bone.

jovianbodie
12-01-17, 11:16 PM
I can't see the reason behind turning what used to be such a fun game into a frustrating nightmare!
I haven't managed to unlock the community section since they moved it to 2000 points.
I agree, some holiday spirit would be appreciated. ☺

Destiel0918
12-02-17, 04:04 AM

No, they just hope we will buy TONS of gems. Boost would be one idea, but still - terrible, we don't need TWO leaderboard type eevenst. They have ****ed the World events completely. Goals are TOO high.

NannaSherry
12-02-17, 07:51 AM
No, they just hope we will buy TONS of gems. Boost would be one idea, but still - terrible, we don't need TWO leaderboard type eevenst. They have ****ed the World events completely. Goals are TOO high.

DITTO DITTO DITTO. Two leaderboard type events ARE boring. The world events USED TO BE great, especially for the newest and lower level players to earn something special. Keeps yourbinter st and excitement up. When the world event was fair, I played my guys out to earn community prizes. Why should I now when I'll be lucky to even get the fa la la lamb? BOO what you did.

Elunei
12-02-17, 08:03 AM

Yup. That's why I don't participate in World Events anymore. I see the event pop up, look at the animals, and move on. The grand prize is very nice, but considering it is impossible to get without spending gems, I'm over it. There's no point in even trying in these events anymore and that way there's a lot less disappointment and frustration.

CajunHavoc
12-02-17, 08:49 AM
So I got the Candy Mane! That being said, I evolved it to Level 10 and got the notification that I completed the goal and earned the 400 music notes. Guess what? They never got loaded onto my account. I'm doing all this work for nothing? I'm so disappointed.

mysticalfairy320
12-02-17, 12:55 PM
I now feel the same, no new or old animals to try to breed so what do I do just waste gems breading things I already have??? I got the lamb but with so many points to get the final animal what do I do? Players in my position what do u do?

Penguin2016
12-02-17, 07:07 PM
I’ve practically given up on this one. With the amount of three-hour fails (which I refuse to speed up because I can’t win this event anyway) there is no chance of me even getting the falalalamb without spending a few hundred gems, and there’s no point in wasting my food to evolve when I know I’ll need it for the storybook event.

jovianbodie
12-02-17, 09:18 PM
In your opinion, the idea is 'terrible' and 'boring'.
In my opinion, it's Terrific and Brilliant! 😄
Other events have enhancers that you can CHOOSE to use, to get you (closer to) the prize. For instance, storybooks have a skip step option, leaderboards have a boost option, spin wheels have an option to purchase additional spins, etc.
All I'm saying is, provide the same type of enhancer that players have the option to use or not use, especially since the points are so unrealistically high. Something besides those things that you have to collect from every couple of hours.
How is that terrible and/or boring?
Getting a new cute animal is never terrible or boring for me.
....we can just blame auto-correct 😊

Enjoy!

Tinks1950
12-02-17, 10:53 PM
I got Candy Mane with Krampas 15 and Present Pheasant 15 🎄🌟🎄

TinkerFairy89
12-03-17, 12:01 AM
What was the point of the previous poll if no changes were made to the events?

Destiel0918
12-03-17, 12:22 AM

To at least make our fury more visible in one post...

MystiqueRealm
12-03-17, 12:24 AM

To pretend they care and listen to us lol

littelprince0313
12-03-17, 12:48 AM
OMG is there any other 8h F/N or did I really breed my first limited time animal since august o.o
And will I really get the last AWESOME prinze?! - doesnt matter what it is I wont manage 3200 points anyway. Why are we only getting 650 points this time?! Werent they
1000 sth a while back?!
(Im trying not to be too happy here)

Edit: Yule Mule - maybe the better one as I tried for that the last years and he's way cuter ;) and the last prize Im not getting anyway

Pebblemist
12-03-17, 06:08 AM
I will ACTUALLY get the first animal this time! Thanks to my Candy Mane, I'm just under 100 points away from the lamb! I've got three 9 hr timers going (breeding den, nest, and evo flower) an 18 hr in my second nest, and spell melons going in all of my farms with plans to do another round the moment I harvest them, giving me a total of 60 points from them. In all that's a little over 100, putting me just over the mark for Falalalalamb! This will be the first time I've gotten anything other than decor from a WE

honoroll321
12-03-17, 10:40 AM
Ikr!!! Sometimes I just ignore some events.

Destiel0918
12-03-17, 12:49 PM
Ikr!!! Sometimes I just ignore some events.

I'm really sad this time, since the last prize is GORGEOUS...I would really like to have it - but even with best case scenario - I'm over 1200 SHORT! I'm lucky if I get to the community prices.
Horrible, that the goals are sop high - it would take like 800 gems at LEAST to unlock the last prize - doesn't feel like prize then - more like punishment ( that you even have to try SO hard on the impossible goal.)

Pebblemist
12-03-17, 05:20 PM
I got my lamb. Disheartened that the beautiful Glitzen is out of reach but otherwise very happy. December is looking better for me than October and November were. I only got one Spooky animal, and three Fairy types. It's only a few days into the month and I already have two Winter animals.

Phoenix406
12-03-17, 05:34 PM
To pretend they care and listen to us lol
Exactly.

deadpixel
12-03-17, 06:41 PM

Maybe the polls weren’t added by S8 staff?

miadoubled
12-03-17, 08:24 PM
Welp. After spending oodles of gems ive almost made it to community prizes, which have strangely been out of reach for a long time now. I used to love the WE, i suppose getting the lamb and candy mane are good...but i guess no glitzen without spending 25 on a value pack! Wish they'd make these more obtainable again and bring back the fun... just hope i can get festive foal...and cant wait til this fey foal is off my screen...since i got every fairy including king and queen but no spring! Hmmmm probably bc it was a WE, one i wish i would have spent some extra on to get to the finish.. fingers and toes crossed for better luck the rest of the year!

littelprince0313
12-03-17, 10:42 PM
Edit: I actually got the candy maze, too yesterday. But I am shocked - I only got 250 points for it and I will only get 250 for raising it to lv 10. WHAT is this thing common and we just are unlucky. This thing should be worth 1500 or sth!! And stupid question: I thought I was out of reach for the last prize cause I didnt get the limited animals... now I finally got one and Im still outta reach - So HOW will I ever get the last prize without spending gems?! -.-
God, I hate WE now.
Wish the last prize was ugly :(

Destiel0918
12-04-17, 09:50 AM
Edit: I actually got the candy maze, too yesterday. But I am shocked - I only got 250 points for it and I will only get 250 for raising it to lv 10. WHAT is this thing common and we just are unlucky. This thing should be worth 1500 or sth!! And stupid question: I thought I was out of reach for the last prize cause I didnt get the limited animals... now I finally got one and Im still outta reach - So HOW will I ever get the last prize without spending gems?! -.-
God, I hate WE now.
Wish the last prize was ugly :(

Oh, there is NO possible way to get last one without spending over like 800 gems. IT SUCKS - they have totally ruined the world events. I used to love them - now I utterly despise them.

MystiqueRealm
12-04-17, 11:50 AM
Oh, there is NO possible way to get last one without spending over like 800 gems. IT SUCKS - they have totally ruined the world events. I used to love them - now I utterly despise them.

I agree, I'm done with spending gems EVERY EVENT and still not completing it! DONE!

Eluzyion
12-04-17, 11:54 AM
I agree as well, doesn't look like I'll get to Glitzen either, I refuse to be a sucker to this game any longer. It's changed, and for the worse..way too greedy for virtual animals and game too crashy to even ensure longevity to know you will get to enjoy the animals you PAY for. You can no longer be diligent and work hard to earn reward, it's buy buy buy Pffft

And fix the game reverting back issue, it's happening constant! When battling, planting, breeding, mining, and even the wheel! I did a pay spin, pyro pony started running and the timer came up! Didn't get to spin for one I PAID for! Ridiculous

Destiel0918
12-04-17, 12:10 PM
I agree as well, doesn't look like I'll get to Glitzen either, I refuse to be a sucker to this game any longer. It's changed, and for the worse..way too greedy for virtual animals and game too crashy to even ensure longevity to know you will get to enjoy the animals you PAY for. You can no longer be diligent and work hard to earn reward, it's buy buy buy Pffft

And fix the game reverting back issue, it's happening constant! When battling, planting, breeding, mining, and even the wheel! I did a pay spin, pyro pony started running and the timer came up! Didn't get to spin for one I PAID for! Ridiculous

Agreed! They have gotten too greedy. World events are impossible - not worth it. With recent things- you need to get at least halfway from 3rd individual prize to 4 individual prize to get enough tokens for those 2 animals.. - and even THAT is impossible without gems.

Basically with 1 event they have made impossible, they make the whole months thing entirely pointless for most of the players. No one would feel motivated to try harder for the rest of the month as they have failed to get even through FIRST event.

Also - making us breed fire/nature during World event - worst combination EVER. We need to collect as many hours as possible, and we get like entire army of 3 hour timers. If they won't fix things - I'm also done playing. Not worth it anymore - as it is impossible anyway.

miadoubled
12-04-17, 12:52 PM
Even with gems i have not made it to half way between 4&5 for the presents! Ughhhh

gramland
12-04-17, 02:23 PM
Well I just got Glitzen 15 hrs on my nest. But I know without speed breeding for Candy Mane and Yule Mule I would not have. Between both was about 450 gems. But I really wanted it. Now I am finally relaxing with a cup of tea looking out my window watching my beautiful Hummingbirds drink from the feeders. So very calming and beautiful!!

MystiqueRealm
12-04-17, 03:12 PM
Well I just got Glitzen 15 hrs on my nest. But I know without speed breeding for Candy Mane and Yule Mule I would not have. Between both was about 450 gems. But I really wanted it. Now I am finally relaxing with a cup of tea looking out my window watching my beautiful Hummingbirds drink from the feeders. So very calming and beautiful!!

That sounds so nice ;) congrats on Glitzen.. hope u have more tea I'm coming over ;)

gramland
12-04-17, 03:15 PM
Miss the days when World Events were so easy. Just keeping nests full growing food and evo flower going, breeding and hatching. We even got free habitats included!. Now kind of stressful and takes up to much time.

gramland
12-04-17, 03:21 PM
That sounds so nice ;) congrats on Glitzen.. hope u have more tea I'm coming over ;)

Thank You, and come on over plenty of tea!!

SabaDilla2
12-04-17, 05:24 PM

With a lot of time and effort, I used to be able to finish the WE. Sometimes I spent some real money because the goal was obtainable. Now a lot of time and effort gets me decorations (not even one animal) which are useless because real estate is so out of reach. I can't win WE anymore, tournaments, LB, or even anything useful on the spins...so why am I playing?

missourijan
12-04-17, 06:15 PM
yea I spent 300 speed breeding trying for candy mane. no luck. no Yule MULE. what a joke. so one would think this would have at least been enough to perhaps get to the community prize?? LMBO not even close. storm8 and their greed is just beyond. it just make a me spend less NOT more. I too hate world events and next time am not even opening up the icon.

NazKat
12-04-17, 07:47 PM
I stopped participating in WE when they made it ridiculously hard to complete. I don't think the 2000 for community is fair. I used love WE, can't be asked anymore.

snowbunny68
12-04-17, 09:06 PM
I agree with many of the comments from other players. I started playing FFS when it first started and the World Events, Battlegrounds, Tournaments and breeding for new animals used to be easier to achieve. It is very discouraging to have new animals with new elements and not have a chance to win them without spending a ton of gems. I have certainly spent some money on this game but I think it’s a bit unfair to make the target points needed to win the new animals way too high. Please really think about lowering the target points a bit so everyone has more of a chance to win. What is the purpose of designing new animals or elements if only a few are willing to spend the large amount of gems to win? Anyway that’s my two cents worth!! Good luck to all with the new animals, hopefully some manage to display them on their islands.

mysticalfairy320
12-05-17, 12:51 AM
Wanted to finish early just in case, 15h hatch time

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40519

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40520

DirkDragon
12-05-17, 01:44 AM
Just to add my own rant to the above, I can not get through a WE in seven days. Everything going 24/7 and I got the FaLaLaLamb last night. With less than 11 hours to go, I am over 300 points short of the community prizes.

Maheks
12-05-17, 02:22 AM
I agree with all the comments above too. This game use to be fun. Trying and enjoying the game I could get to the final price. Now with 4 nest full throughout the WE and my evolution flower full all the time and harvesting throughout WE I've just managed to get to the community prize and might make it to 2400 points but nowhere near getting the Glitzen. Now in WE getting the final price means spending money, buying gems. As a player if your willing to put money into a virtual game it's fine. I buy gems but I have a limit of how much I'm willing to spend in this game per month and S8 is expecting more and more from me each month which I'm not willing to do.

Maheks
12-05-17, 02:35 AM
I love the final WE price, the Glitzen but in full form it looks just like my Pearl Peryton with colour and slight changes. So I'm not going to feel too bad about not being able to win the Glitzen ☺

etchedintime
12-05-17, 04:29 AM
I?m still almost 400 from 2000, again why do they do this ? There should be other ways of collecting , it?s a great game , but some people can?t have phones etc at work and you do have to sleep , I just wish collections were more realistic storm8
Otherwise thankyou for a great game

Destiel0918
12-05-17, 07:06 AM
I?m still almost 400 from 2000, again why do they do this ? There should be other ways of collecting , it?s a great game , but some people can?t have phones etc at work and you do have to sleep , I just wish collections were more realistic storm8
Otherwise thankyou for a great game

Yes, the last prize is like 1400 points above average players abilities....so sad.

AppieP
12-05-17, 08:58 AM
If I want, I can get it to Falalalamb. Need to spent about 20 gems for speeding times. That would be my first Winter element creature. Don't know if I really want it, if the lamb would be my only winter creature these month. Though decision.

kropczynka82
12-05-17, 09:32 AM
I finally got Falalalamb, the rest of points were to high to get. Another month is very hard. I hope the next events this month will be easier. Goos luck for everyone

Alohatami
12-05-17, 10:09 AM
Just chiming in as another player that barely made it to the Falalamb. The community prizes have been impossible for me on at least the last two world events. And, though I too am happy to spend some gems, I cannot afford the amounts S8 keeps putting on these events. I have spent way more than I wanted to this go-round, trying to breed the Candy Mane, but all I have to show for that is an army of Fairy Ferrets with a couple of Falabys and Solar Simians thrown in. I really need to just start ignoring all of these events, and just play my own game. :/

G4OU812
12-05-17, 11:32 AM

With 1337 music notes and 1 hour left, I thought about paying $10 for 250 gems (I have 150 currently) to buy I guess it's just the lamb at 263 gems (I guess that doesn't include the last animal). Then I read this quote plus others and I'm not going to give in to impulse buying.

BiggerBubbles
12-05-17, 12:44 PM
Yes, world events used to be fun, not any more. Just made the lamb with 30 mins to go and that was by using gems to try speed breeding to get the candy mane which I didn’t as usual get. Set an alarm for the last food collections to get the lamb as well. Don’t know why I bother.

AppieP
12-05-17, 12:51 PM
I can't wait to see if we get a poll for this WE. Can already guess what the outcome will be!

Destiel0918
12-05-17, 01:01 PM
Same, I really want to see the Poll!

GreytMom
12-05-17, 01:18 PM
There must be a considerable amount of people out there who aren't on these forums buying gems to complete these goals. I'm sure if they weren't making more money with all the changes that they would go back to the old (enjoyable) way. So it must be working for them financially.

Yes, I'm still playing. But as the game gets less and less enjoyable every month, I'm guessing that I'll eventually stop. I usually buy the boosts for the WE, but I didn't even bother this time. Looking back through my email confirmations, I noticethat most of my game budget hasn't been going for FFS/S8 the last couple months.

Destiel0918
12-05-17, 01:20 PM
There must be a considerable amount of people out there who aren't on these forums buying gems to complete these goals. I'm sure if they weren't making more money with all the changes that they would go back to the old (enjoyable) way. So it must be working for them financially.

Yes, I'm still playing. But as the game gets less and less enjoyable every month, I'm guessing that I'll eventually stop. I usually buy the boosts for the WE, but I didn't even bother this time. Looking back through my email confirmations, I noticethat most of my game budget hasn't been going for FFS/S8 the last couple months.

Same - First time I'm actually considering quitting. I'm also deliberately starting to decide NOT to waste gems on this game, since this game is not fun anymore. I don't even think that this " considerable amount stays" for long - since people are getting more and more frustrated with this game - and will likely stop playing. If they keep going - they will actually LOSE players- and money.

Phoenix406
12-05-17, 04:35 PM
I agree with all the comments above too. This game use to be fun. Trying and enjoying the game I could get to the final price. Now with 4 nest full throughout the WE and my evolution flower full all the time and harvesting throughout WE I've just managed to get to the community prize and might make it to 2400 points but nowhere near getting the Glitzen. Now in WE getting the final price means spending money, buying gems. As a player if your willing to put money into a virtual game it's fine. I buy gems but I have a limit of how much I'm willing to spend in this game per month and S8 is expecting more and more from me each month which I'm not willing to do.

Ditto. I can only spend so much. I've been spending *a lot* on this game, but these final milestones are ridiculously high. As I've said before, when I started playing a year ago, even as a "baby" player, I was usually able to finish or almost finish world events. I might have to spend like 50 gems to get the final individual prize, but it was totally worth it to get a cool new animals. But not 1200 gems. Uh-uh, no way. Ridiculous. Also, making the points so high to unlock the community prizes is also crazy. It used to be fun to be able to watch the progress we were making toward unlocking the prizes. now I only unlock the community prizes on the last day after doing a bunch of speed breeding to reach 2000 points (still no Candy Mane, though), and by then the prizes are almost all the way unlocked. there goes the fun of watching.

Phoenix406
12-05-17, 04:38 PM
Just chiming in as another player that barely made it to the Falalamb. The community prizes have been impossible for me on at least the last two world events. And, though I too am happy to spend some gems, I cannot afford the amounts S8 keeps putting on these events. I have spent way more than I wanted to this go-round, trying to breed the Candy Mane, but all I have to show for that is an army of Fairy Ferrets with a couple of Falabys and Solar Simians thrown in. I really need to just start ignoring all of these events, and just play my own game. :/

Ditto again (ditto has become my favorite comment! lol! Why restate what someone else has already perfectly stated?).

Rynetory2
12-05-17, 07:51 PM
Did you enjoy this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

miadoubled
12-05-17, 08:39 PM
Finished so close to 2400... and with minutes left and a couple gems left i watched those present points slip away. Along with glitzen...* sighhh * impossible nonsense yet i still keep trying.. :confused:

deadpixel
12-05-17, 09:15 PM
Finished so close to 2400... and with minutes left and a couple gems left i watched those present points slip away. Along with glitzen...* sighhh * impossible nonsense yet i still keep trying.. :confused:

This event ran for 7 seven days, so it was from the onset impossible to complete without spending gems. In DS Story, they moved from a 10-Day to 7-Day now back to 10-Day World Event format, perhaps due to player feedback.

It is possible to complete a 10-Day World Event if you have the maximum number of Nests, Evolution Flowers and Farms and if you mine regularly and s****fully.

Hmm... It's been almost 2 hours since the polls opened and so far no one seems to like this event :D

missourijan
12-05-17, 09:56 PM
Dear Storm8. I have participated in my last world event until you make them fun again. Further I have spent my last dollar of hard earned money chasing your limited breed animals that I can not get. I used to be willing to spend some because I would eventually achieve success. This is no longer true and you may think that you have no competition for my hard earned money but you are very mistaken. There are many many many options when it comes to my entertainment budget and you have just made yourselves irrelevant.

Signed

faithful player of three years.

Sakrysta
12-06-17, 06:55 AM
First, the good:

The Tuneful Tiles and especially the Poinsettias are very pretty, and I was happy to put them out in my few available spaces for decoration for the Christmas season.

I did - barely - manage to get the FaLaLaLamb on all three of my accounts. My baby account had to spend 7 gems at the end (and I think I sped a couple things), but I probably could have avoided that by playing a little more aggressively. So now I have a Winter element in all of my accounts to test with - yay!

Now, the constructive criticism (aka, BAD):

Decorations that have no function are not prizes. They are not rewards. They are nuisances that stand in the way of the items that players really want, and they end up just cluttering our storage or getting sold. Let people buy them for coins, or even gems if you think you can get people to spend gems for them. But don't pretend they're something worth working for in an event.

There is no point in having community prizes if most of the community cannot achieve them. It is defeating and demoralizing for the good prizes (I can't believe I'm calling food and runes "good prizes") to be out of reach to the lower-level players who could actually use them. High level players who are committed to spending money on the game are not going to spend money for food and runes. That's just stupid.

Prizes need to be ALMOST attainable if you want people to spend gems. No sane person is going to happily shell out $20-$40 PER EVENT just to complete a collection of virtual animals. And by putting great prizes so far out of reach, you end up frustrating and alienating your loyal customer base. However, if you make it so that the really dedicated players can get within, say, 50-100 gems' worth of the end goal, that's motivating! That's doable! Those who are hoarders can still decide if they like the final prizes enough to deplete their hoard to get the prize. And those who are spenders will HAPPILY buy a value pack or a small gem pack for the satisfaction of completing the event and adding another animal to their forest.

Overview:
I like the World Event as a format. I loathe the changes that have been made in recent months. It used to be a lot of fun and a community builder. Now it's just making people mad.

Alohatami
12-06-17, 11:01 AM
First, the good:

The Tuneful Tiles and especially the Poinsettias are very pretty, and I was happy to put them out in my few available spaces for decoration for the Christmas season.

I did - barely - manage to get the FaLaLaLamb on all three of my accounts. My baby account had to spend 7 gems at the end (and I think I sped a couple things), but I probably could have avoided that by playing a little more aggressively. So now I have a Winter element in all of my accounts to test with - yay!

Decorations that have no function are not prizes. They are not rewards. They are nuisances that stand in the way of the items that players really want, and they end up just cluttering our storage or getting sold. Let people buy them for coins, or even gems if you think you can get people to spend gems for them. But don't pretend they're something worth working for in an event.

There is no point in having community prizes if most of the community cannot achieve them. It is defeating and demoralizing for the good prizes (I can't believe I'm calling food and runes "good prizes") to be out of reach to the lower-level players who could actually use them. High level players who are committed to spending money on the game are not going to spend money for food and runes. That's just stupid.

Prizes need to be ALMOST attainable if you want people to spend gems. No sane person is going to happily shell out $20-$40 PER EVENT just to complete a collection of virtual animals. And by putting great prizes so far out of reach, you end up frustrating and alienating your loyal customer base. However, if you make it so that the really dedicated players can get within, say, 50-100 gems' worth of the end goal, that's motivating! That's doable! Those who are hoarders can still decide if they like the final prizes enough to deplete their hoard to get the prize. And those who are spenders will HAPPILY buy a value pack or a small gem pack for the satisfaction of completing the event and adding another animal to their forest.

Overview:
I like the World Event as a format. I loathe the changes that have been made in recent months. It used to be a lot of fun and a community builder. Now it's just making people mad.

Well said!!!

Phoenix406
12-06-17, 11:15 AM
First, the good:

Overview:

*Perfectly* said! Hopefully the powers that be see this, absorb it, mull it over, and make appropriate improvements to the events.

12-06-17, 01:52 PM
I'm so glad to see that I am not the only one who has been disappointed lately with the events. I kept thinking it was me, and that I was doing something wrong or more distracted lately, but clearly it is more than that.

AppleWhite84
12-06-17, 03:10 PM
Loved all the animals but as usual I wasn't able to finish. I got the lamb only 3 hours til it ended so Glitzen was completely out of my reach. I just accept it that I'm not going to finish the event before I even start. Very sad.

luna2cute
12-06-17, 04:27 PM
Just like the last community event I couldn’t even get the first animal prize and no where near community prizes. I have two nests and run them and my evolve flower constantly and still impossible.

Couldn’t get the candy mane no matter how hard I tried so no extra points to get me anywhere in the event.

Unless the points required are lowered I will be skipping theses events in the future and just collecting food for the time allotted.

Been playing storm 8 games a long time and disappointed at where they are headed.

poofyena
12-06-17, 04:49 PM
The fact that 87% (so far) didn't manage to finish should tell s8 something. The we is to hard how. People aren't even trying.

BiggerBubbles
12-06-17, 04:59 PM
So, out of 57 people, at this stage, only 7 finished! This speaks for itself! I couldn?t breed the candy mane, even though I sped it up a few times. Only just got the lamb by 30 mins, with an alarm to wake me up to harvest last crops. I have 2 nests, I have them, flower and farms in constant use. These events used to be enjoyable. Spin wheel only gave apples, now it?s candy canes today. Storybook not looking good either, 22 hr fail for 2nd attempt....lamb might be lonely in its big habitat.

Elunei
12-06-17, 05:11 PM
As I mentioned earlier, I did not participate as I knew that I would not be able to complete this event, just like the last several world events that have been like this. I don't participate in them anymore. It's pointless. I'm surprised so many people still even try.

Penguin2016
12-06-17, 06:35 PM
So, out of 57 people, at this stage, only 7 finished! This speaks for itself! I couldn?t breed the candy mane, even though I sped it up a few times. Only just got the lamb by 30 mins, with an alarm to wake me up to harvest last crops. I have 2 nests, I have them, flower and farms in constant use. These events used to be enjoyable. Spin wheel only gave apples, now it?s candy canes today. Storybook not looking good either, 22 hr fail for 2nd attempt....lamb might be lonely in its big habitat.

The wheel is definitely different. Normally I can get at least one of the top prizes (animal or habitat), and sometimes two or more. But this time I’ve only gotten food and candy canes.

DirkDragon
12-07-17, 04:58 PM
The poll results for this event looks very similar to last month's. Looking into my crystal ball, I can see that next month's poll will be too.

Elunei
12-07-17, 07:56 PM
The wheel is definitely different. Normally I can get at least one of the top prizes (animal or habitat), and sometimes two or more. But this time I’ve only gotten food and candy canes.

Same.

woodywood2017
12-09-17, 11:47 AM
Another very i unenjoyable world event that I didn?t even get one animals from despite playing constantly as usual the fact that they make this totally impossible to finish without spending money on gems is ruining the game. I?m really staring to not like this game, first the tourneys are nearly impossible without gems and now the worlds and I hate the fact that they put these really nice new animals as the end of month goal that I have no chance of getting without completely every section grrrrrr not sure how long I?ll be playing for anymore?? Very fed up with it all.

GreytMom
12-15-17, 03:51 AM
Since the last SB is over and I can't sleep, I took a look at the polls. I hate to beat a dead horse and bring up a negative topic, but the results speak for themselves.
If my math is correct, 94% of those who answered the question LIKED the Jingle Bells Storybook. Even though some people didn't finish, they still liked it. Obviously we still like the SB the way it's being done. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Now for this one, 82% did NOT like this event. The results from other recent Community Events aren't as dramatic, but the dislike is around the same percentage. I looked back at one of the old CE's before they made the changes, and around 90% of people (that answered like or dislike) LIKED it.
That's pretty telling about how much we are enjoying the new way the CE's are being done. So many of get frustrated enough during the new CE's that we even consider leaving the game we love. I really hope that S8 is taking a good long look at these results.

Phoenix406
12-15-17, 12:30 PM
Since the last SB is over and I can't sleep, I took a look at the polls. I hate to beat a dead horse and bring up a negative topic, but the results speak for themselves.
If my math is correct, 94% of those who answered the question LIKED the Jingle Bells Storybook. Even though some people didn't finish, they still liked it. Obviously we still like the SB the way it's being done. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Now for this one, 82% did NOT like this event. The results from other recent Community Events aren't as dramatic, but the dislike is around the same percentage. I looked back at one of the old CE's before they made the changes, and around 90% of people (that answered like or dislike) LIKED it.
That's pretty telling about how much we are enjoying the new way the CE's are being done. So many of get frustrated enough during the new CE's that we even consider leaving the game we love. I really hope that S8 is taking a good long look at these results.

Very well stated!

Rynetory2
12-15-17, 10:25 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.