PDA

View Full Version : Season's Greetings! New Animals and More in December! (POLL ADDED)

MannersMouse
11-28-17, 01:19 PM
Hi everybody! With December approaching, I?m posting here to give you some info on the upcoming events and new stuff coming your way this month.

What new stuff should you be on the lookout for? A bunch of new animals! The new Winter type! The music type returning in new animals! And two new grand prizes to celebrate the season: the Festive Foal and Santa Paws!

There is a different way to earn each of these two animals:

Festive Foal: Starting on 11/28 and throughout December, you can get Pretty Presents from participating in events, tournaments, and obtaining the Jolly Snowman decoration. Get enough Pretty Presents and you will bring the Festive Foal to your Forest!

40351 40352

Santa Paws: Starting on 11/28 and throughout December you can get Stocking Stuffers from completing goals by hatching specific limited time animals, breeding all animals, wheel spins, and obtaining the Stocking decoration. Get enough Stocking Stuffers and you will bring Santa Paws to your Forest!

40353 40354

Happy holidays to you all and thank you for playing! Have a great month and holiday season!

mysticalfairy320
11-28-17, 04:29 PM
Can you please offer to buy or breed the leader board gingerbread pony from last year? I got bronze the last minute and didnt get it, my biggest sadness.
Thanks for all the beautiful new animals, this is my favorite time of year and you always have pretty habitats and animals! I already got both new habitats! So excited!!!

Azharjah
11-28-17, 06:25 PM
We're is music habitat till then yesterday there is sale wen we not have any animal but now in event we going to get music animals but there is no any habitat of music to buy you guys need to put all habitats sale on coins too so people that can't buy gems they use coins to buy..so team strom8..please fix and put habitat for all in coins too advanced thank you hope you guys fix it

miadoubled
11-28-17, 07:29 PM
On another note, anyone know the timer on the candy mane??

I couldnt wait..sped it up, it was an 8hr and i got it! Crazy since i sped up and used so many gems for weeks trying last month for the harvest horn and hartwood and got nothing! Funny how it works..

Rynetory2
11-28-17, 08:58 PM
Posts on Abominabull have been moved to this thread.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102078-COLOSSEUM-Abominabull-2017-Nov-28

Rynetory2
11-28-17, 09:08 PM
On another note, anyone know the timer on the candy mane??

I couldnt wait..sped it up, it was an 8hr and i got it! Crazy since i sped up and used so many gems for weeks trying last month for the harvest horn and hartwood and got nothing! Funny how it works..

See Candy Mane thread. Good luck.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102081-Candy-Mane-2017-Nov-28

carolineannlv
11-29-17, 02:10 AM
Posts on Abominabull have been moved to this thread.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102078-COLOSSEUM-Abominabull-2017-Nov-28

Thank you Rynetory. ^_^

On a note of the animals in this event, Glitzen is gorgeous, but another Ultra Rare, I don't think if the points need to be as high as they were last time that I'll be able to get it. I only just made the 2000 for community last time. That's where I'm aiming for this time.

The Falala-Lamb is quite pretty so hopefully it's within my range of points. I know recently community has been more points than the first animal prize, so for my lack of Winter Wonderlamb, it would be nice to get this one.

Rynetory2
11-29-17, 02:33 AM
Thank you Rynetory. ^_^

On a note of the animals in this event, Glitzen is gorgeous, but another Ultra Rare, I don't think if the points need to be as high as they were last time that I'll be able to get it. I only just made the 2000 for community last time. That's where I'm aiming for this time.

The Falala-Lamb is quite pretty so hopefully it's within my range of points. I know recently community has been more points than the first animal prize, so for my lack of Winter Wonderlamb, it would be nice to get this one.

Aye, 2000 points to unlock Community Prizes can be a challenge. Drop a post in the World Event thread and I'll pass in feedback from you all. :)
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102076-EVENT-Seasonal-Sounds-2017-Nov-28

Phoenix406
11-29-17, 12:45 PM
I don't know if it is better to post this here or in the "speculations on updates" thread. I am wondering if these monthly events are going to be an ongoing thing. I thought that perhaps this was only for the holidays as it started in October, which is special cuz of Halloween, and then it continued in November, which I guess is kind of special, and it makes sense to have special animals for December. But is this going to be an every month thing where we work all month long towards getting some special animals at the end of the month? In a way, I guess that would cool, but at the same time, it seems like it is causing a lot of frustration because if you can't breed a specific animal, you are out of luck on getting the special animal at the end of the month. (sorry, not my best writing - I'm in a hurry)

Clark_Wayne
11-30-17, 11:48 AM
honestly, why create a new type when there are already so many types ? rather than introduce a winter type, they should use the xmas type or icecream !
in the past, i always was excited when there is a new type. but creating a new type every month has just put the excitement down to zero.
it is just ****ing the game
besides there are no rules for the breeding with these new types : just random !
no fun

GreytMom
11-30-17, 05:01 PM
I love these animals! But it says we still have 43 days to collect presents & stocking stuffers. Does that actually mean 43 days or 30 or will the collection process vanish in ten days and then we have 33 more days to BUY the remaining requirements? Asking for a friend ;-)

Phoenix406
12-01-17, 12:16 PM
I love these animals! But it says we still have 43 days to collect presents & stocking stuffers. Does that actually mean 43 days or 30 or will the collection process vanish in ten days and then we have 33 more days to BUY the remaining requirements? Asking for a friend ;-)

That's a "greyt" question! :)

mysticalfairy320
12-07-17, 11:19 AM
Thank you for the ability to breed the lb gingerbread pony!!!! So happy to get it this year! It's made my Christmas also Love Santa paws deff my favorite one so far for this year!

Destiel0918
12-07-17, 01:34 PM
Thank you for the ability to breed the lb gingerbread pony!!!! So happy to get it this year! It's made my Christmas also Love Santa paws deff my favorite one so far for this year!

We can breed Gingerbread pony?

I thought it was only available after completing the storybook - and then filling the goal.

Phoenix406
12-07-17, 02:29 PM
We can breed Gingerbread pony?

I thought it was only available after completing the storybook - and then filling the goal.

I'm sure that's what @mysticalfairy320 means - that we have the chance to obtain it when we breed the Ringtail and Bobtailed Bay. Often people on forums are in a hurry and don't spell out exactly what they mean. It helps to be able to read between the lines and not take every sentence literally.

mysticalfairy320
12-07-17, 04:38 PM
I'm sure that's what @mysticalfairy320 means - that we have the chance to obtain it when we breed the Ringtail and Bobtailed Bay. Often people on forums are in a hurry and don't spell out exactly what they mean. It helps to be able to read between the lines and not take every sentence literally.

Yes sorry, the last thing to do is bred those animals I sometimes forget that people can't read my mind lol

Phoenix406
12-07-17, 05:28 PM
I, also, want to thank S8 for making it possible for us to obtain the Gingerbread Pony. I was unable to obtain her/him during the LB last year. Plus 24 runes to go with it is just the icing on the, well, gingerbread cookie!

AppieP
12-12-17, 12:54 PM
New Winter creature relaised.

Hatch a Ginger Red Fox for 1200 Stocking Stuffers.
Breed earth/nature. Super Rare.
Hatching/breeding time 8 hours.

Original post by Destiel0918

mysticalfairy320
12-12-17, 04:12 PM
Looks yummy now I want gingerbread cookies with frosting and sprinkles lol

Alohatami
12-14-17, 10:14 AM
So if we have finished the story book, at what percentage should we be towards the Festive Foal? I'm at 51%, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the tournament for that last bit of presents on that quest line. I just wonder, especially if i can't finish the tournament, do I still have a chance of winning the Festive Foal? I already know I'm way too far behind on the other December animal.

mysticalfairy320
12-15-17, 09:48 AM
I'm at 46% for festive foal*, But I got Santa Paws(used lots of gems to speed breed 4 gingerbread fox)!!! 15h hatch time, 5 apples food schedule for level 1.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40818

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40819

Alohatami
12-15-17, 10:05 AM
I'm at 46%, But I got Santa Paws!!! 15h hatch time
Wow, you got Santa Paws already? Congrats! I'm only at 23% on that one. I've taken Santa Paws completely off my radar since I'm so far behind. I barely got to 1600 on the world event, and have yet to breed any of the December animals.

AppieP
12-15-17, 10:39 AM
I'm at 46%, But I got Santa Paws!!! 15h hatch time

Congrats really nice job. You mean 46% for the Festive? Or did you bought Paws. Don't matter how, you GOT IT!!
I'm at 23% on the Paws and 69 at the Festive Foal.

Elspethwood
12-15-17, 04:10 PM
Nog Hog 5 hours breeding. Got it first try with Blizard and Jollyfish.

Rynetory2
12-15-17, 09:40 PM
Congrats! :D

Here's the link for the Hog Nog, started after you posted, for further discussion. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102364-Nog-Hog-2017-Dec-15

Pebblemist
12-15-17, 11:57 PM
I made it to 1600 in the WE and have somehow bred all limited animals so far (minus nog hog.) I might actually get Santa Paws!

mysticalfairy320
12-16-17, 02:10 AM
Stuck at 56% now for festive foal, I never got all points for completing the community event or lb event, I have to submit a ticket. I got Paws because I did speed breed lot for the gingerbread fox but finally got one! There are lots of chances for candy canes I think for a lot of players it can be done without so much speed breeding like me!

Elspethwood
12-16-17, 09:16 AM
Congrats! :D

Here's the link for the Hog Nog, started after you posted, for further discussion. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102364-Nog-Hog-2017-Dec-15

Thanks Rynetory! I’ve been really lucky lately!

miadoubled
12-19-17, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know what we should relatively have in regards to % of stockings and presents for each goal at this point

AppieP
12-19-17, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know what we should relatively have in regards to % of stockings and presents for each goal at this point

It depends on how many speed breeding you did etc. And if you managed to breed all the limited ones. And if you completed all the events or not. Otherwise it's ondoable.

Rynetory2
12-19-17, 08:56 PM
Great to see you guys excited about the upcoming Holidays Sale. :)

Your posts were moved to this thread. Happy Holidays 2017 Sale (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?102416-Happy-Holidays-2017-Sale)

Phoenix406
12-20-17, 01:33 PM

As AppieP said, it's hard to tell since we don't know which goals you have completed and which you have not. Seeing as we are 2/3 of the way through the month of December, I would like to assume that we should be at 66%, but it all totally depends on how many more chances they give us to earn stockings and presents. For reference, though, both of my accounts are at 79% for the Foal, 1 account is at 70% for the Santa Paws, and my second account is only at 57% for Santa Paws. The second account was unable to breed a Ginger Red Fox.

Phoenix406
12-20-17, 01:34 PM
I honestly thought that Santa Paws was a cat, but I see when it is grown up it is actually a dog.

miadoubled
12-20-17, 03:59 PM
As AppieP said, it's hard to tell since we don't know which goals you have completed and which you have not. Seeing as we are 2/3 of the way through the month of December, I would like to assume that we should be at 66%, but it all totally depends on how many more chances they give us to earn stockings and presents. For reference, though, both of my accounts are at 79% for the Foal, 1 account is at 70% for the Santa Paws, and my second account is only at 57% for Santa Paws. The second account was unable to breed a Ginger Red Fox.
Thank you. I believe ive completed all but ginger red fox. Im at 75% for both, i really want the foal and hope i can get it, i wish they had more ways to get presents!

mysticalfairy320
12-20-17, 04:49 PM
I did the math I have over 17k in points but not at 90% where I should be if u need 20k to get it. There is a glitch they need to fix I sent in a ticket4093740938

AppieP
12-26-17, 06:19 AM
How is everyone doing for the Festive Foal? I'm at 92%. Is there a way we can get some more Pretty Presents? Is there another event coming our way?
For the Santa Paws I'm at 52%, but for that we also need to collect Stocking Stuffers during breeding limited ones. Whith no success do.

Maheks
12-26-17, 07:41 AM
How is everyone doing for the Festive Foal? I'm at 92%. Is there a way we can get some more Pretty Presents? Is there another event coming our way?
For the Santa Paws I'm at 52%, but for that we also need to collect Stocking Stuffers during breeding limited ones. Whith no success do.

I was thinking the same for Festival Foul I'm at 98% but I've completed all the events and collected all the pretty presents so I'm hoping S8 have a event to get the 2% needed so I can get my Festival Foul. I can buy the Festive Foul for 70 gems but I'm going to wait and see if we get another event.
What percent are others at and has anyone won the Festive Foul by completing all the events.

MauiLady7
12-26-17, 05:22 PM
I was thinking the same for Festival Foul I'm at 98% but I've completed all the events and collected all the pretty presents so I'm hoping S8 have a event to get the 2% needed so I can get my Festival Foul. I can buy the Festive Foul for 70 gems but I'm going to wait and see if we get another event.
What percent are others at and has anyone won the Festive Foul by completing all the events.

Looks lie the SB is giving out presents for the event. Both my accounts got the Festive Foal, which I really wish with all the winter elements we could have another winter habitat! For stocking stuffers my accounts are at 78%, which they say I have 14 days, but I don't see it happening, with 10 of them being SB. Even if I do breed the Snapdrake for 1200 and the Gingerbread Mouse for 700, I'll still be short 2800 stuffers. Has anyone else got Santa Paws yet?

AppieP
12-31-17, 03:41 AM
Yehhh! Got my Festive Foal on my nest now. So much Winter creatures now, almost don't know were I put them :p

PookieBearsGirl
01-02-18, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know how long we have for the 2x the Stocking Stuffers for breeding? I'd really love the Santa Paws but have the worst luck with breeding, so I haven't earned nearly enough to get it.

Another thing to point out is there is about a week where they don't offer any reward to go towards the special animals. If you don't have enough before that week, your only option is to buy the offers that will pop up.

Best of luck!:D

Rynetory2
01-02-18, 08:33 AM
Me nowhere near to Santa Paws too. Here you go. Good luck!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41244

miadoubled
01-02-18, 12:08 PM
Finally got my festive foal last night and santa paws today! Goodness i wish theyd let us buy another habitat for them!

PookieBearsGirl
01-02-18, 12:48 PM
Thank you so much Rynetory2!:o

Rynetory2
01-04-18, 03:09 AM
Did you enjoy this event? Did you finish the goals? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

AppieP
01-04-18, 05:20 AM
I did enjoyed this event. I reached it to the Festive Foal. Happy with that. The last 2 month events I collected 4/10 Spooky creatures, 5/16 Fairy creatures, but for the winter type I collected 13/21 creatures. So I'm not complaining. So not even bothering about Santa Paws.
Because January already started I don't think this type of events will continue?! At least not for now.

PookieBearsGirl
01-04-18, 11:33 AM
I really like these events but hate the fact that one animal is harder to get than the other, and it's always the cuter one! If we could keep animals available for the entire month to try and breed them, it'd be so much more enjoyable for me. I absolutely loved the Candy Mane and couldn't breed it in time and it was the only animal I truly wanted this month.:(

Alohatami
01-04-18, 03:01 PM
Since I have voted, I just wanted to comment, too. I did not pick an answer for liking/disliking the event. I can't say that I liked it, because, once again, I have fallen short on both animals. But I didn't hate it either. After three months of not being able to get the grand prizes, I think I just don't care that much any more about them. I did get pretty close this time on the foal (96%), but I don't see where I'm going to be able to make up that missing 4%. Santa Paws (52%) has been completely off my radar as I have yet to be able to breed any of the special animals that would have helped me progress on that one. I did earn quite a few other animals this month, so that was nice. But I decided back in November that I would just play the game as if the grand prize events weren't happening, and if, by some miracle, I wound up with one of the prize animals it would just be an added bonus.

PookieBearsGirl
01-04-18, 07:45 PM
Since I have voted, I just wanted to comment, too. I did not pick an answer for liking/disliking the event. I can't say that I liked it, because, once again, I have fallen short on both animals. But I didn't hate it either. After three months of not being able to get the grand prizes, I think I just don't care that much any more about them. I did get pretty close this time on the foal (96%), but I don't see where I'm going to be able to make up that missing 4%. Santa Paws (52%) has been completely off my radar as I have yet to be able to breed any of the special animals that would have helped me progress on that one. I did earn quite a few other animals this month, so that was nice. But I decided back in November that I would just play the game as if the grand prize events weren't happening, and if, by some miracle, I wound up with one of the prize animals it would just be an added bonus.

I feel your pain. The only reason I got the Sorcerer's Steed in October was by asking Storm8 if there was a calculating error. In November, I would have loved both the King and Queen but just barely scraped together enough points for the Queen. And now, the Foal I got today by completing the SB. The longer these events run, the quicker I'll grow tired of constantly failing to get the prized animals. That's why I focus on the more attainable animals... Except the ever-so-adorable Candy Mane I'd love to get another chance on!:(

Phoenix406
01-04-18, 08:08 PM

I, also, refused to check enjoyed or didn't enjoy. I mean, it was ok. It doesn't feel like much of an "event" when it goes on for a whole month. I also wasn't sure what to check on whether or not I got Frosty Paws, but I voted that I got him. I got him on one account, but not the other. Not even close on the second account. At least I got the foal on both accounts.

Alohatami
01-05-18, 12:16 AM
O.M.G. I actually completed the Festive Foal! After I had finished the Storybook, I had noticed that the quest line for earning pretty presents for completing parts of the Storybook was still sitting in my active quests. I guess there was a delay posting that last batch of pretty presents, but it seems it was enough to get me the foal! :D :D :D. Yay! I finally won one! :D

luna2cute
01-05-18, 12:47 AM
Haven’t been able to get any of the monthly animals. Closest I got was 96% with festive foal.

They are are so difficult it’s not even worth trying anymore. :(

Sakrysta
01-05-18, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know if we will be getting any more presents before the event is over? The description says they drop from breeding, but I haven't paid attention to see if we get them from all breeding, or just from breeding the goal animals.

AppieP
01-05-18, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know if we will be getting any more presents before the event is over? The description says they drop from breeding, but I haven't paid attention to see if we get them from all breeding, or just from breeding the goal animals.

If it's the same as last month.... and probably it is. Than NO. A couple days left for paying for it with gems or maby a pack together with some pretty presents. Last month I thought the same and no way to get the last for the Fairy's.

tromalyt
01-05-18, 11:37 AM
Haven’t been able to get any of the monthly animals. Closest I got was 96% with festive foal.

They are are so difficult it’s not even worth trying anymore. :(
Same here. I have two nests and two evolution flowers and I couldn't get any of them. I played every day and I finished all the tournaments and the colosseum, but I wasn't lucky with breeding any of the time limiting animals so I couldn't get enough present and candy.

It is either you are lucky or you spend a lot of gems rushing or buying.

It is sad to know that if you are not lucky enough to get the first time limiting animal in the first storybook event, you won't get any of the storybook animals nor the community prizes nor the monthly animals.

GreytMom
01-05-18, 03:36 PM
I'm at 96%. Which makes me think that it's the same thing as before. If people are stuck at 98% than the only way to get it is by spending gems. Not cool.

Penguin2016
01-05-18, 04:31 PM
I'm at 96%. Which makes me think that it's the same thing as before. If people are stuck at 98% than the only way to get it is by spending gems. Not cool.

I’m at 99% on the festive foal, which is truly frustrating. The only places I lost out on the presents were the WE and the ridiculously difficult tournaments. But no way am I spending 45 gems on a creature I don’t like that much anyway. I did get the fairy queen last month, so hopefully I’ll be able to get one next month.

G4OU812
01-06-18, 07:23 AM
So, no more pretty presents (90% - 395 gems) and stocking stuffers (57% - 1706 gems) and it says 7 days left in the goal? Now they start some other event and can't get what you need to finish the goal. May as well subtract a week off the next event to know where you stand in the event. Great job to nearly every app developer, you found your niche with in-app purchases. A shiny hook for impulse buyers.

missourijan
01-06-18, 07:43 AM
I would really like to delete all the icons on the right for all the events that I will no longer even try for because they are unattainable. After playing all month I am only at 76% for the pony and 68 for the cat. I can never breed a limited time animal. Even at 76% they still want 1000 gems to buy. What has all my play and gems spent earned me?? Exactly nothing. This game is not fun anymore.

31aug2002
01-06-18, 10:54 PM
As I rejoined the game last month , I am a little confused about these monthly animals.
The side icons show that there are still six days for the event. But now that the new animals have been introduced I am not getting Presents or Candy canes. I am at 95 % on both and thought that I would be able to finish.

So does that mean that I will not be able to complete this goal. Or will I still randomly get Presents and Candy cane to be able to complete.

I could not bread ginger mouse which would have given me enough to complete
So here I am stuck with 95% on both.

Pls help Don’t want to spend gems for these!!!

AppieP
01-07-18, 12:25 AM
As I rejoined the game last month , I am a little confused about these monthly animals.
The side icons show that there are still six days for the event. But now that the new animals have been introduced I am not getting Presents or Candy canes. I am at 95 % on both and thought that I would be able to finish.

So does that mean that I will not be able to complete this goal. Or will I still randomly get Presents and Candy cane to be able to complete.

I could not bread ginger mouse which would have given me enough to complete
So here I am stuck with 95% on both.

Pls help Don’t want to spend gems for these!!!

Sorry to inform you, you don't get any more of the items you need to complete it. The only way is to spent gems for it.

31aug2002
01-07-18, 11:14 AM
Sorry to inform you, you don't get any more of the items you need to complete it. The only way is to spent gems for it.

Well that’s a shame!!! But then why give these extra days to complete the goal. Just shorten the goal time by a week and we would be all happy.

Silverrain1
01-07-18, 04:51 PM
I was lucky and managed to get the foal which I hatched today. Wonder if I will get these royal ones.
By the looks of things here, I was incredibly lucky to get the foal so I am not holding out to much hope.

Sakrysta
01-08-18, 06:35 AM
I got the Festive Foal on one of my accounts. It shocked me - I didn't even know I was close. The other two got to around 95%. And the Santa Paws was in the 60s for all three accounts.

AppieP
01-14-18, 03:18 PM
Still Pretty Presents and Stocking Stuffers in my storage. Will they ever leave?

Rynetory2
01-14-18, 11:43 PM
Thank you Everyone for voting.

Your votes are submitted.