PDA

View Full Version : Stew?

Keddy30103
11-27-17, 10:45 PM
I've searched and read everything I can find on stew. If I read it right it's worth $5 a plate, right? So why do people want and/or gift stew? There are better choices. I could be very wrong here, I've been wrong more times than right during my 56 years of life :D

SBDOVER72
11-28-17, 03:27 AM
I've searched and read everything I can find on stew. If I read it right it's worth $5 a plate, right? So why do people want and/or gift stew? There are better choices. I could be very wrong here, I've been wrong more times than right during my 56 years of life :D

For 1400 servings you receive 7000 coins. That is 5 coins per serving in return.

VanaCatu
11-28-17, 06:28 AM
oh, it's easy.
when you COOK food, you have to SPEND money first, and then to get INCOME from selling it to get your PROFIT:
profit = income minus cost to prepare the food.

but when you receive the food as a GIFT, you don't have any expenses for preparation, and all income from these gifts = your clear profit.

here they all are:

GIFT Food Income /Plate GIFT Plates GIFT Profit
French Toast $1 200 $200.00
Bacon and Eggs $6 100 $600.00
Waffles $2 100 $200.00
Valentine Cupcake $2 50 $100.00
Roast Chicken $8 50 $400.00
Stew $5 150 $750.00

so, as you can see, if someone prefers food and not parts as a gift, then stew is the best gift, and valentine cupcake is the worst gift (in terms of profitability).

kayjco
11-28-17, 12:30 PM
When I was a newbie, I LOVED getting stew & eggs. The eggs were great because you can never make enough to last AND you get 100 servings, so that gift was awesome.

Stew was nice because it took too long for me to cook it. My bots would starve to death.

A lot of people look at the cost per serving & don't factor in how many servings you get.

Never trust the boards to tell you about what foods do what. Do the math yourself. Or check out the cookbook! Vana did the math for you!! 🙂

Lord, there is another goal today. Ay-yi-yi. But that's a different thread.

Keddy30103
11-28-17, 03:54 PM
Thank guys! It makes perfect sense now. I was going by the list on the forum only seeing that stew earned $5 a serving and roast chicken gets $8. And I thought $6 for bacon&eggs was a typo LOL.

Thanks for breaking it down. I should have done it myself several years ago.

Special thanks to VanaCatu for the awesome chart. I could never make something like that. I appreciate it.